PDA

View Full Version : Mini version of Lady Godiva

loves2spin
January 14th, 2009, 07:47 AM
I live in Indiana and it is cold here right now. Most often, I wear my hair pulled back in a lovely sliver clip my DH gave me long ago. When I got ready to go out and milk the goats this morning, I put on my coat, and then divided my hair in back in two and brought each bunch around the sides of my neck to the front. It made a very cozy "scarf" and all I had to do was put on a hat and the hood of my jacket, and didn't need a scarf. Long hair is not only lovely, but it's useful! :)

rhubarbarin
January 14th, 2009, 07:50 AM
I get very cold in winter when my hair isn't down and covering my ears and neck!

Isa-belle
January 14th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Ha ha! That's nifty :D

Sherri
January 14th, 2009, 08:07 AM
That is very creative. Sounds warm too. I love to wear my hair down in the winter. It is like a warm blanket on my back/neck.

JamieLeigh
January 14th, 2009, 09:24 AM
I love doing that! I get made fun of tremendously, but I do it anyway! :D

Darkhorse1
January 14th, 2009, 09:30 AM
I always wear my hair down when it's cold. It's like my blanket. It's snuggly soft and warm :)

I think we're having the same weather as you are--it's -0F. Lessons have been cancelled. too cold for horses to work.

Sam-I-Am
January 14th, 2009, 09:31 AM
Oh yes, I love wearing my hair down in the cold weather.

Yes, you're right, it doesn't get THAT cold in Texas. Still.

My husband has no hair on top, and he now likes to say that he has no insulation in the attic.

loves2spin
January 15th, 2009, 04:46 AM
:lol: My husband has the same problem. He wears a hat most of the time, not to cover up his scalp so much as to keep warm! He is fond of telling me that we lose 70% of our body heat through the top of our heads, and if your feet are cold, you should put on a hat! ;)

jojo
January 15th, 2009, 03:53 PM
I love to tuck my hair under my collar its nice an cozy plus I can pretend I have a bob!!

SimplyLonghair
January 15th, 2009, 07:06 PM
I am looking forward to a long cape of hair, that is my hair fantasy!:D

loves2spin
January 16th, 2009, 05:40 AM
I am looking forward to a long cape of hair, that is my hair fantasy!:D

You are certainly well on your way! Your hair is SO pretty!

xsampa
August 24th, 2014, 04:59 PM
I live in Indiana and it is cold here right now. Most often, I wear my hair pulled back in a lovely sliver clip my DH gave me long ago. When I got ready to go out and milk the goats this morning, I put on my coat, and then divided my hair in back in two and brought each bunch around the sides of my neck to the front. It made a very cozy "scarf" and all I had to do was put on a hat and the hood of my jacket, and didn't need a scarf. Long hair is not only lovely, but it's useful! :)
If I'm correct, it also serves as excellent insulation during the summer by channeling sweat. Note: I'm a shorthaired male and have NO personal experience w/ said benefits.

chen bao jun
August 24th, 2014, 05:17 PM
I find my hair nicely warm in winter, but in summer it makes me hot and miserable unless put up. I have very thick, tightly curly hair and even when its short, it keeps my head very warm (so much so that I never understood that theory that African hairtypes 'evolved' because of the heat in Africa? My hair is horrible in heat and lovely in cold.

LadyCelestina
August 25th, 2014, 03:00 AM
Uhhh this thread is from 2008