PDA

View Full Version : I guess I'm hooked on LHC

Themyst
January 13th, 2009, 12:12 PM
I was sucking in the nitrous oxide today at the dentist office (and feeling pretty good). When the dentist came in the room & sat down to begin the procedure, I heard him tell his assistant, "Oh, I didn't know her hair was that long! It's nice."

Apparently, he had seen my hair that I had gathered to one side and brought forward over my shoulder. It had been sticking out from under the 'bib' they clip on across your chest and it was laying on my thighs.

The funny thing was that I was in la la land at the time with the nitrous mask on and when the dentist made his comment, all I could think of was, "Ooh, I'll have to remember to post that on LHC". Then I started to giggle. :D

wolf girl
January 13th, 2009, 12:30 PM
One time I was on the ' funny gas' while getting some dental work done. My doctor has small TVs for his patients in the exam rooms. Well, something on the TV struck me as funny and threw me into hysterics from which I could not recover. We has to reschedule the procedure.... :o

End hijack!

MandaMom2Three
January 13th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I LOVE that gas man!!! My dentist even uses it for cleaning because quite frankly, you stick your fingers near my mouth and you'll pull back stumps :D . I keep joking that I'm going to take a canister of that stuff home with me ;)

Saoirse
January 13th, 2009, 01:06 PM
Obsession wanes after a few years :wink:

Themyst
January 13th, 2009, 01:48 PM
I LOVE that gas man!!! My dentist even uses it for cleaning because quite frankly, you stick your fingers near my mouth and you'll pull back stumps :D . I keep joking that I'm going to take a canister of that stuff home with me ;)

Glad to see I'm not the only one like that. It's always been embarrassing for me to act like a scared little child in the dentist office. I'm so happy for nitrous! I need it any time I get a shot.

lora410
January 13th, 2009, 01:49 PM
:rollin: To funny about the giggly part :)

Darkhorse1
January 13th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Hahha. I have had this problem---whenever I go to the dentist, I've always had to remember not to wear my hair up in any style because you can't lay back without it getting painful. :D

Isn't it nice that you think 'I have to post this on LHC'. :) It's a great place here. Restored my faith in good message bbs and great mods.

JessTheMess
January 13th, 2009, 04:21 PM
When I woke up from getting my wisdom teeth taken out, I thought that the dentist and hi assistant were dancing around with my teeth. It threw me into a fit of laughter which I couldnt stop. The dentist was afraid that I was going to rip open my stitches.

hippiechick1976
January 13th, 2009, 04:28 PM
Yeah it's amazing how much this site inbeds itself into your life. I remember not to long ago talking to a close friend and I was " Oh I learned that on LHC" they then commented that they didn't think I watched TV...I then had to explain this place a bit to her bewildered expression:)

Themyst
January 13th, 2009, 05:02 PM
Hahha. I have had this problem---whenever I go to the dentist, I've always had to remember not to wear my hair up in any style because you can't lay back without it getting painful. :D

Isn't it nice that you think 'I have to post this on LHC'. :) It's a great place here. Restored my faith in good message bbs and great mods.

Yes, I've posted on other forums before, but as I dabble in the tech field, they were mostly tech boards and tech talk. Nothing that I feel I need to keep checking back with. This hair board though, I find it strange how I relate to so much on it. Maybe long hair people (or even people with the desire for longer hair) have something more in common than just hair - maybe there's more of a renaissance bond or something.

When I woke up from getting my wisdom teeth taken out, I thought that the dentist and hi assistant were dancing around with my teeth. It threw me into a fit of laughter which I couldnt stop. The dentist was afraid that I was going to rip open my stitches.

Ha ha, that is funny! I have one, too ...

Years ago I was getting a root canal or something and was all wacked up on nitrous. I had my eyes closed and I thought I heard my dentist and his assistant standing behind me commenting on how great the banana cake was that they were eating. I opened my eyes and lo! and behold! - they were still working on my teeth!:D

SHELIAANN1969
January 13th, 2009, 05:25 PM

Oh Jess, that's hilarious....I can imagine them Benny Hill style, and the Dr. oh so serious "stop laughing Jess, you will bust your stitches" with a scared look on his face.

Of course when you're laughing and someone says *stop laughing* it's nearly impossible!

I laugh all the time, apparently over nothing, or the stupidest thing I have thought of, no one else knows what the heck is wrong with me and I am just hee hawing away lika a lunatic :D

When I try to tell them why I am laughing, and think about it, I laugh all the harder! I know my husband HAS to think I am nuts, he lies and says he doesn't but, no-one can possibly think I'm sane after a *fit* :D

:cheese::cheese::cheese: Laughter truely IS the *best medicine*

Darkhorse1
January 13th, 2009, 05:47 PM
Jess, I wish my widsom teeth removal was that funny. I was under general anistetic, and bleuch, I was sick, sick,sick.

I've frequented horsey bbs and people there are downright RUDE. This bb is sooooo friendly!

Tressie
January 13th, 2009, 08:27 PM
Another gas junkie here!! The only thing I hate is when they start trying to have a converstaion with me, and I'm like....just let me float!! (o:

Sissy
January 13th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I was sucking in the nitrous oxide today at the dentist office (and feeling pretty good). When the dentist came in the room & sat down to begin the procedure, I heard him tell his assistant, "Oh, I didn't know her hair was that long! It's nice."

Apparently, he had seen my hair that I had gathered to one side and brought forward over my shoulder. It had been sticking out from under the 'bib' they clip on across your chest and it was laying on my thighs.

The funny thing was that I was in la la land at the time with the nitrous mask on and when the dentist made his comment, all I could think of was, "Ooh, I'll have to remember to post that on LHC". Then I started to giggle. :D

hahaha... tell me about it!