PDA

View Full Version : Calling all Norwegians (products)

Kristine
January 13th, 2009, 12:03 PM
I thought it would be nice to have a place to discuss the availability of (hair cair) products in Norway, products sold in Norway and, well, other things that may not be of any interest to other than Norwegians. For instance, where do I find essential oils (eteriske oljer)? I know Apotek1 has some, but I'd like to know of a place with a bit more to choose from.

Also, I wonder if any of you have experience with the First Price conditioner? It's cone free, really cheap and pretty basic, so I thought I might be good for CO and everything that requires loads of conditioner. Haven't tried it yet though, as I am currently on WO.

Hope to hear from you.

Radulfr
January 13th, 2009, 12:35 PM
I thought it would be nice to have a place to discuss the availability of (hair cair) products in Norway, products sold in Norway and, well, other things that may not be of any interest to other than Norwegians.

I'm not Norwegian, but there are social groups here for Swedes, Finns, Germans, Aussies, maybe someone could start one for Norwegians?

Kristine
January 13th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I'm not Norwegian, but there are social groups here for Swedes, Finns, Germans, Aussies, maybe someone could start one for Norwegians?
Yeah, that would be nice. Until then, though...

Brianna
January 13th, 2009, 07:06 PM
(May I just start off by saying that I was totally confused when I saw this thread? I'm Norwegian AND my name is Kristine. For a moment there I was wondering if I'd done something odd with my screen name and started a thread without remembering. :rolleyes:)

Anyway, can't help you with the essential oils because I've never bought any in Norway. I did come across a nice UK-based website once, though, which sells both carrier oils and essential oils at a nice price. I've purchased their carrier oils in the past:
http://www.aromantic.co.uk/home.php

As for the First Price conditioner, I've used that for CO with quite good results! I've given up CO for now because I just can't be bothered (I spend so much time rinsing. I probably use way more condish than I need, though). But it's definitely worth trying. :)

Other cone-free conditioners I like are Elvital Nutri-Gloss Hårmaske and Elvital Renutrition Hårmaske w/ Royal Jelly, both for ordinary use and as part of deep conditioning recipes like SMT. (Also, the royal jelly one smells delicious.)

Fluke
January 14th, 2009, 02:28 AM
Hei på deg!

The First Price Condish is great for CO, and the equally amazing Bamse conditioner, the bottle is pink, there's a picture of Brummelise on it, it's cone-free and I think it's Apotek 1 who carries it :)
EO's I don't know much about, but I think you might have luck with so called "alternative" stores. You could also try Kvasir, there's bound to be someone who sells them over the net :)
If you haven't caught the rave about soapnuts go read up on it over in the henna/herbal forum here on LHC, if you want to get them Bleieboden.no is a good place to buy, the product is good, the price is good and you'll get them just a couple of days after ordering.

Good to see more Norwegians here! :D

Noortje
January 14th, 2009, 02:41 AM
Hei,

not Norwegian, but living in Norway?
Anyway, I buy all EO's from the helsekostbutikk, alternative foods store, in ours (Arna) they have quite a good selection. An the first price condish, I use it to mix my cassia with and for when my giovanni, smooth as silk, is depleted... :D For being dirt cheap, it's brilliant!
If you live in the neighbourhood of Fusa, Vestlandet, we do order quite a lot of "natural" goods (food and non food) from Solås Økohandel, they deliver straight to your door, and carry everything in the Helios-Weleda-... range. But only in and around Fusa...
If you're intrested, just drop me a line on marijke@marijkes.net (can't pm me yet, just a new member)
:blossom:

Samikha
January 14th, 2009, 03:11 AM
Hello!

The First Price conditioner works great for CO, and it's what I use most often.

There are also cone-free conditioners to be found in health food stores. The one I've tried is the Einerlåg Balsam; it's a really rich and creamy conditioner. Useless for CO when I tried that, but great if you have quite dry or damaged hair, and works good with SMTs. In larger towns they also often carry Giovanni.

I can recommend www.northernhenna.com (http://www.northernhenna.com) for anyone looking to try BAQ henna or cassia. The product is good and the prices quite reasonable.

EOs I don't know too much about, but they sell some at Indiska and in some health food stores. Indiska also had hair sticks here some time ago. They were a bit short, a bit thick, and a bit expensive, but they were hairsticks.

Glitter also has some really cheap and fragile-looking plastic hair sticks. I haven't tried them, but they might be worth a look if you don't have any.

Fluke, thanks so much for the soapnut link! I've been wanting to try those.

Amfibi (http://www.amfibi.no/) sells microfibre towels (look under "Friluftsutstyr" and "Hygiene") and other sites do too. Google "Sea to summit" (that's the brand) and "mikrofiber" and you'll find them.

Kristine
January 14th, 2009, 04:53 AM
(May I just start off by saying that I was totally confused when I saw this thread? I'm Norwegian AND my name is Kristine. For a moment there I was wondering if I'd done something odd with my screen name and started a thread without remembering. :rolleyes:)
Oh, but you did. You really don't remember? :P

Great to see you all, and thanks for the tips. I guess I haven't searched my health food stores for EOs, so I'll try that.

Thank you so much Samikha, for linking to the nothern henna site. I appears that they even have a shop (well, "utsalg" atleast) in Trondheim, which is where I live :D No more worrying about keeping orders under 200 kr.

Thanks for the soapnut-link too. At 15 kr, included shipping, for a sample, it's definitely worth a try.

Nini
January 14th, 2009, 05:17 AM
I've gotten quite a few EO's from myrra.no (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/www.myrra.no). The prices aren't too bad, and the selection is pretty good. They've also got carrier oils and such.

Fitjarsoap (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/www.fitjarsoap.com) carries Too Shea-products, and CurlyGirl-stuff, plus they sell soapbars, and they've got a forum.

Änglamark, found in Mega, has a cone-free condish. Neutral does as well.

All in all I'd say going CO in Norway is bound to be a bit expensive... But since it didn't work for me I'm good either way;)

There's also a place in Oslo that carries Ficcare. I forget which parfymeri it was, but you can find it on Ficcare's own pages. However, when I was in contact with them the selection was slim, and the prices so stiff that I went with ordering them straight from the source...

Sunvita.no sells a bunch of basic stuff for making your own lotions and stuff. I haven't ordered from them, but their response was very fast when I had a couple of questions about their shea butter.

Nini

Samikha
January 14th, 2009, 05:30 AM
Nini, now that you mentioned it, I remember reading somewhere that Gimle Parfymeri in Oslo sells Ficcares, so probably the same place.

I forgot Fitjarsoap! They're REALLY quick with shipping. Usually they have a couple trial packs of Jessicurl around, but I'm afraid that me and my best friend got the last they had:D It probably won't be too long until they restock (or so I hope).

Kristine, you should know that Northern Henna's actual location is kind of, no, really difficult to find. I got there in the end, but...you can PM me if you don't fancy wandering around like a henna-crazed lab rat. (That goes for everyone who wants closer directions, btw :))

Nini
January 14th, 2009, 06:43 AM
Yup, Gimle is what I was thinking about!

I got my first order from Fitjarsoap this Christmas. With Jessicurl samples;) She just got a new batch of stuff in just before the holidays.

Nini

Brianna
January 14th, 2009, 08:45 AM
Oh, but you did. You really don't remember? :P

Great to see you all, and thanks for the tips. I guess I haven't searched my health food stores for EOs, so I'll try that.

Thank you so much Samikha, for linking to the nothern henna site. I appears that they even have a shop (well, "utsalg" atleast) in Trondheim, which is where I live :D No more worrying about keeping orders under 200 kr.

Thanks for the soapnut-link too. At 15 kr, included shipping, for a sample, it's definitely worth a try.

You know, you're being a little uncanny. :rolleyes: I live in Trondheim too. :p

Nini
January 14th, 2009, 02:55 PM
You know, you're being a little uncanny. :rolleyes: I live in Trondheim too. :p

Well, I'll say! I live just an hour north of the two of you;)

Who knew there were so many "trøndera" here:D

Tornerose
January 17th, 2009, 10:55 PM
How great to see more norwegians here :D

The First Price products have only been trouble for me. I've been talking to my local healthfoodshp about importing some other cool stuff though, like Dr Bronners (http://www.drbronner.com/) etc. So with any luck the whole storechain will start selling them.

KarenLynn
January 18th, 2009, 06:24 AM
First Price is kind of eh for CO washing for me. It's ok on the length, but I don't think my scalp likes it. I tend to bring back other, cheaper conditioners from the US when I'm there, which has pretty much kept me supplied for months now. As far as shampoos go, I sometimes use Urtekram ones. I also like the Honey Moisturizing one they sell at Body Shop.

As for EOs, you can find a decent variety in most health food stores - Life, Naturli'vis etc. They also have carrier oils. Now, price comparison is probably a different story...

The Ficcares can as someone mentioned be found at Gimle parfymeri (http://www.parfymeri.no/), not surprisingly located in Bygdøy allé in Oslo. Although, when I tried to look on their website just now I didn't find them listed. Maybe they gave up? Might have been they didn't sell any because of the ridiculous price. It really is cheaper to just order them directly.

It would be nice to have a social group for Norwegians too, even though there doesn't seem to be as many of us as there are Swedes and Finns around here.

ETA - while I don't live anywhere near Trondheim, my name is almost Kristine also. :lol:

HildeMV
January 22nd, 2009, 05:16 PM
I just registered and what do I find? A Norwegian thread.yay!

HildeMV
January 23rd, 2009, 09:30 AM
One thing I'm wondering is where do you find pretty hairtoys such as hairsticks and combs, because I've only seen them at Glitter. And they're plastic and boring.

KarenLynn
January 23rd, 2009, 11:27 AM
HildeMV - I tend to order stuff online, mostly from the US, because I totally agree with you - I haven't found any pretty, good quality hair toys in stores here either. :(

Hypnotica
January 23rd, 2009, 11:44 AM
Jag är inte norska, men jag förstår norska flytande! :D

Question: What did the Ficcares at Gimle cost?

HildeMV
January 23rd, 2009, 12:07 PM
Oh ,really which stores do you buy from. I've ordered many other things online like jewelery, makeup and books. Is the shipping horrible?

I live in eastern Norway by the way.;) 25 mins from Oslo by train. I'd hoped there were some shops in Oslo for these things, but there aren't any that I know of.

KarenLynn
January 23rd, 2009, 01:09 PM
Hypnotica - I think it was close to 400 NOK, which I'm just not paying even for a Ficcare. :bigeyes:

HildeMV - um, I have kind of a huge link collection... :o I think there's a thread around here somewhere (a sticky, I think) with lots of links to websites that will get your wallet in big trouble. Also, just look around at the various picture threads for various hair toy makers and see if you find anything you like.

Shipping is usually not bad, although customs/VAT (moms) charges may be quite ridiculous. Sometimes you're lucky and they either put a lower value on the package or the customs folk miss that you're over the limit. :p Else maybe some kind soul would order items for you and ship them together. There are options.

25 minutes... Hmm. That'll take you to about Ski, Lillestrøm, Sørum or Drammen, maybe Røyken? :D I'm only just outside the city limits now, but I've lived various places around Oslo.

Brianna
January 23rd, 2009, 01:23 PM
Personally, I have a weakness for Nightshade's creations. :) The shipping isn't bad, either.

Linky! (http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5131346)

Idun
June 18th, 2009, 11:21 AM
So I try again in the already established norwegian thread :)

Does any of you have experience with http://www.fitjarsoap.no/? It sounds very promising. I´m aware that it has been linked to before, but did anyone actually try these products?

I´m among other things allergic to parfumes, and after reading articles in here it seems I need to find cone-free product as well. That really narrows the options down!

Idun

Samikha
June 18th, 2009, 11:40 AM
I've shopped there before, but only Jessicurl stuff. I can't say anything about the rest of it. However, I can tell you that they ship your order amazingly fast! Not very useful, but it does indicate rather good customer service :)

ETA: The cones vs no-cones thing often gets blown way out of proportion. Still, it makes a huge difference to some people. My hair is a lot better without them.

Idun
June 18th, 2009, 11:54 AM
I´ve been using Kerastase Lait Vital shampoo and conditioner for a long time, due mostly to the fact that I´m not allergic to it. After reading the posts in here I thought I would give the natural approach a go :)

edensapples
June 18th, 2009, 12:00 PM
I'm Norwegian!

Oh... but I live in the U.S. ;)

Nini
June 18th, 2009, 12:56 PM
I've shopped there, and I thought I'd written about it here.

I bought some Jessicurl stuff and a goat milk's soap. I love the Jessicurl and the soap was ok, but I think I prefer Chagrin Valley. However to be fair, I only tried the one though.

The service was fast, and very friendly. I e-mailed back and forth on a couple of matters. There's also a forum in the making, but I haven't posted there much.

I highly recommend trying them though! I might just have to place an order myself:D

Nini

Idun
June 19th, 2009, 06:06 AM
Yesterday I ordered from Fitjar soap Hulderhår sjampokake, Camelia Sinensis Oil, Hulderhår hårkur, Hulderhår Balsam. They were out of rosemary/lemon shampoo-cake so I am getting a new type, citrus/geranium, instead. This will be interesting! :)

Calista
June 19th, 2009, 06:30 AM
Does fitjarsoap only sell online, or do they have a shop in Fitjar?

Idun
June 19th, 2009, 07:26 AM
I don´t know if they have a shop there, but you can collect the stuff you buy in person in Fitjar. They mentioned it when I was at page for payment. They also have english pages.

Idun
June 19th, 2009, 07:49 AM
I´m on a roll here, so yesterday I bought my first silk pillowcase. And I must say, that was simly fantastic! :happydance: I did not want to get up this morning! Why haven´t I done this before??? It was just perfect for my sensitiv skin!

Anyway I bought mine at a small shop in Tillertorget (Trondheim) and it cost NOK 295 with a discount. Does anybody know of other shops that carry silk pillow cases, and preferably not so expensive?

Kristine
June 19th, 2009, 04:18 PM
Anyway I bought mine at a small shop in Tillertorget (Trondheim) and it cost NOK 295 with a discount. Does anybody know of other shops that carry silk pillow cases, and preferably not so expensive?
I have no idea where to buy a cheap ready-made silk pillow case, but I'm certain that you can make your own pillow case cheaper than 300 kr. It's quite basic sewing, after all. "Stoff og stil" has a silk,"sandvasket silke", at 179 kr/m that might work, or you could get some from another fabric store or ebay.

Idun
June 20th, 2009, 06:42 AM
Yesterday I ordered from Fitjar soap Hulderhår sjampokake, Camelia Sinensis Oil, Hulderhår hårkur, Hulderhår Balsam. They were out of rosemary/lemon shampoo-cake so I am getting a new type, citrus/geranium, instead. This will be interesting! :)

Jepp, the delivery is endeed very fast. I already got the stuff in my mailbox this morning. (Ordered thursday evening, received saturday morning) I am a little sceptical now to the citrus/geranium shampoo-bar, because in my opinion it has too strong a scent from the essential oils. Nevertheless I can´t wait to try it.

Idun
June 20th, 2009, 07:04 AM
I have no idea where to buy a cheap ready-made silk pillow case, but I'm certain that you can make your own pillow case cheaper than 300 kr. It's quite basic sewing, after all. "Stoff og stil" has a silk,"sandvasket silke", at 179 kr/m that might work, or you could get some from another fabric store or ebay.

It is a good idea to make your own! Esp. if one can get hold of inexspensive silk. However I think it is necessary to get good quality fabric if one wants the pillowcase to last for a long time, so there might not be a lot to save? Maybe it is something to put on shoppinglist for friends who travel to Asia?

I´m also not sure if sandwashed silk has the right smoothness? It was really nice to have that rich soft luxurious fabric aginst the skin!

Idun
June 24th, 2009, 03:27 PM
Just wanted to let you all know that there´s a SALE :cheese: in micro fiber towels: http://www.mamut.net/recreo/shop/

I do not know if there are other shops in Norway that sells these Aquis towels and the micro fiber turbans, I only know of this one.

Samikha
June 24th, 2009, 03:30 PM
Ooooh, thank you, Idun. I hate having wet hair so I'm always looking for something to ease the experience.

Hiriel
August 17th, 2009, 07:15 AM
Satin pillowcases at Princess for only 49 kroner at the moment :)
The one I visited only had them in black and white, and was running out of black, but it sure was cheap :)

Tornerose
September 25th, 2009, 10:34 AM
Have ny of you girls found cassia obovata / Senna here in norway? If any swedes happends to read this, and now of places in Sweden, please tell me about that also. I go there when I need to.

I've found pure henna & indigo, along with different hair oils and other stuff I've been looking for, but they didn't have cassia, and I'm still not convinced I want to change the colour of my hair that drastically, even though it's tempting.

Liave Ekeli
September 28th, 2009, 05:40 PM
I'm really just stopping by to say 'hi'. I'm new, as you can probably guess from the lack in post count, but I've been lurking around the forum on and off for a while. So far I've been very basic when it comes to haircare (generic shampoo and sometimes conditioner), but I figure that since my hair is pretty much the thing about me that I'm most happy with, maybe it's time to get a little more adventurous. So yesterday I ordered a couple of shampoo bars from CV, since I've been wanting to try that for a while. I can't wait for the package to arrive!
Anyway, that's about it, I just needed to share a bit of my newfound enthusiasm :)

Idun
May 5th, 2010, 01:06 AM
Have ny of you girls found cassia obovata / Senna here in norway? If any swedes happends to read this, and now of places in Sweden, please tell me about that also. I go there when I need to.

I've found pure henna & indigo, along with different hair oils and other stuff I've been looking for, but they didn't have cassia, and I'm still not convinced I want to change the colour of my hair that drastically, even though it's tempting.

I bought cassia/senna here (http://henna.no/). Prices are good and Monica is very nice to deal with. She told me she could get indigo and other stuff, if customers wanted it. :)

Tornerose
October 17th, 2010, 03:28 AM
Reviving an old thread. I was going to ask if anyone could create a social group for us, so we don't have to "bug" the poor swedes all the time :lol: but it seems KarenLynn got to it before me.

It would be nice to have a social group for Norwegians too, even though there doesn't seem to be as many of us as there are Swedes and Finns around here.
I did a member search and it seems there are only 4 norwegians here with over 1000 posts
So one of you 4 (you know who you are) get to work :p

Venefica
October 17th, 2010, 04:49 AM
Also, I wonder if any of you have experience with the First Price conditioner? It's cone free, really cheap and pretty basic, so I thought I might be good for CO and everything that requires loads of conditioner. Haven't tried it yet though, as I am currently on WO.

I use the First Price conditioner quite often, in fact I used it the last time I washed my hair. I think it is great, it is rather mild and it leave my hair feeling silky and smooth. I have not had any problems with it.

As for oils. Here are some links to good online shops.

Tyras Krystallrom: http://tyraskrystallrom.no/index.php
Tidsporten: http://tidsporten.no/index.php/cPath/57
Arnika.no: http://www.arnika.no/Produktkategori/Massasje_og_aromaterapi/Eteriske_oljer.aspx

Hayat
November 1st, 2010, 10:16 AM
Hi from another Norwegian! :)

As for oils, this company is great! They offer a great range of really good quality essential oils: http://www.aromedica.no (http://www.aromedica.no/)

For those of you that would be interested, this site offers a great shampoo bar: http://www.alveland.no/

I've tried the bar for 4 washes, and the amount of curls/waves in my hair has increased by about 50%. Seems like my hair is finally getting back to its normal self again, after 4 terrible years of dryness, no bounce and no life.

However: When used as described, the result was terrible with waxy hair standing straight out in a total mess. I can not use this without conditioner!

Here's what works for me: I foam the bar in my hands, and give my scalp a thorough massage. Then rinse as well as I manage. Then I use a mild conditioner all the way from top to ends and let it work for about 10 minutes. Then rinse well. Hair turnes out great, and seems to be better and more curly every time I wash. I do have to wash my hair more often though.

Elsewere, my experience with the First Price CO is very good. I use it lots!

Alvrodul
November 11th, 2010, 03:17 PM
If you want to buy Argan oil, Shea butter or unrefined coconut oil, you can have a look in at this Norwegian online shop (http://www.hili.no/). (I have bought Argan oil and Shea butter there) They also recently got Marula oil - have started a thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=59401) over in the Recipes, Henna and Herbal haircare asking about it.

Alvrodul
March 3rd, 2011, 12:22 PM
... Apart from online, that is. ;)
The other day I discovered that Clas Ohlsson now has microfiber towels! :D Small, thin dishwashing towels in the kitchen section, but also nice, big, fluffy bathtowels! Those last ones are new. And they are quite reasonably priced at NOK 69. :D

And for those who live in Oslo, may I also suggest a visit to the Fair Trade shop (http://www.friendsfairtrade.no/default.htm) in Storgata? I have bought some lovely, scented oil there, and they also have wash nuts, for those who want to try that!:D

einna
March 3rd, 2011, 02:10 PM
Woho, great thread!
I dont have many tips yet, because I have bought most of my hair stuff online. But this is what I have learned so far:

Glitter sell hair elastics without metal in different sizes (surprisingly hard to find).
Body Shop has a hair line without sulfates, silicones and parabens (Rainforest) and wide tooth combs.

Anyone know a cheap(ish) conditioner thats good for CO washing?

Alvrodul
March 3rd, 2011, 02:19 PM
Try the Euroshopper conditioner from the Rimi shops. I have used that one several times, and that one is coneless - and quite cheap! Certainly works better for me than the Body Shop conditioner.
I have also used the Neutral conditioner, which I have found several places - in the Vita shops and also in the Meny and Ultra shops. My hair likes that one too!

einna
March 3rd, 2011, 03:04 PM
Thanks Alvodrul :D I hope to go "half CO" soon, hehe. The Body Shop (moisture) conditioner only works in small doses on me. The shampoo works great though.

sunnyhope
March 3rd, 2011, 03:30 PM
I only use hairdressing shampoos and conditioners and treatments, oils i usually get on line but I would love to get some cool things to put my hair up with though: anyone seen china place in Oslo?
Or any other shops who sells cool stuff to put your hair up with?
I m sure if you go to Gronnland they will sell oils and things like that quite cheap......

Idun
March 7th, 2011, 09:01 AM
I tried the Neutral conditioner for the first time yesterday after reading about it here. Used it to wash out henna. I was quite pleased with it as it didn´t stink like most cheap conditioners. Thanks for the tip!

Idun
March 7th, 2011, 09:05 AM
By the way, here´s the old thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=18595) for on the subject.

ingvild
March 7th, 2011, 10:18 AM
Hmm, I also use the BS rainforest conditioner, but I'm soon finished with it, and I'd like to try something different. So I'll look for the Neutral conditioner!

What does the ES conditioner smell like? I could probably check out that one as well, as I have an ICA near me.

Question: What makes microfiber towels so good? I'm just wondering, because I'm not a big fan of synthetic fibers :p

Question 2: Do you think I could find a decent pair of scissors for self trim on Clas Olson? Do any of you have hair scissors - where did you get them?

Nini
March 7th, 2011, 10:26 AM
Question: What makes microfiber towels so good? I'm just wondering, because I'm not a big fan of synthetic fibers :p

They're very lightweight and absorb quite a bit of water plus they dry fast. I don't particularly like them for my body, but they're great for hair.

And because they're so lightweight and dense when you pack them properly they're perfect for travelling when you need to bring your own towels.

sunnyhope
March 7th, 2011, 11:55 AM
Hmm, I also use the BS rainforest conditioner, but I'm soon finished with it, and I'd like to try something different. So I'll look for the Neutral conditioner!

What does the ES conditioner smell like? I could probably check out that one as well, as I have an ICA near me.

Question 2: Do you think I could find a decent pair of scissors for self trim on Clas Olson? Do any of you have hair scissors - where did you get them?

I doubt it, I d rather buy them at ebay. alternatively I would buy them at Sally's which if you guys trust me enough I can do for you but I would need you to put the money in my "post bank konto" in advance and then I would either take them with me going home then post them or post them direct from the UK.

einna
March 8th, 2011, 08:40 AM

I got mine at Vita. They were about 200-250 NOK I think. Happy with them so far, they seem very sharp. But I dont really have anything to compare with. :P

tinti
March 8th, 2011, 02:40 PM
Yeah, Vita, and maybe Nille? It's worth a try, they sell so much stuff there. Oooh, next time I'm at Clas Ohlson I have to check the towels just for fun :)

And Cubus has U-shaped pins btw. Suncost etc has oils (duh :p)
I also used to buy hairsticks at Glitter (cheap, plastic black/brown basic things that you have to sand down). I've found ACV in Coop Prix (and I guess Kiwi, Rimi, Rema, Joker etc also have it.

Idun
March 9th, 2011, 01:02 AM
Has anyone found elastics without metal or the hard "gluejoint" lately? I bought some at H&M maybe 5 years ago, or longer, but I have never seen similar elastics in any shop since then. I should have bought two hundred!!:rolleyes:

Mostly I use cut up tights for night braids and such. But I need some normal ones that are thinner for day wear! (And I don´t like the terrycloth-type much.)

Sjirsten
March 9th, 2011, 01:37 AM
Try the COOP X-tra conditioner, it comes in a 500 ml bottle and its great for CO!

ingvild
March 9th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Thanks everyone! :cheese:

I'll check out microfibre towels I think, my hair dries so slowly. And will also look for scissors. Luckily I don't need them yet!

Idun I didn't even know those existed! I'm currently using ones with glue joint, from glitter. The quality is terrible though, they just snap at the joint. So annoying!

sunnyhope
March 9th, 2011, 01:55 PM
I live in England so i can be helpful at most times to send you things if they wont send to Norway.
Though it migh take some time as cant get to the post office very easily.
I know the goody company makes elastic bands without metal, i can check the prices on it when i get back to Uk.

Hiriel
March 11th, 2011, 03:32 PM
ingvild, I also got my hair scissors at Vita. I think they were in the 200-300 kr range, and they seem very decent. I also use microfibre towels on my hair, it's especially great for after exercise, when I need to get my hair at least reasonably dry quickly. And it dries very quickly, which is also an advantage when it's being dragged around in a damp gym bag... I have one from Clas Ohlsson, which is soft and fluffy and feels very nice, but is quite small. I also have one I found in the swimming section at G-sport, which is thinner and doesn't feel as nice (but it works just as well), but is much larger.

ETA: I ordered a bunch of metal-free elastics along with my denman hairbrush, am still living off those. I did find some in Bunnpris which were glued, but the joint wasn't hard and didn't snag. They were pink though...

Idun
March 11th, 2011, 04:56 PM
I live in England so i can be helpful at most times to send you things if they wont send to Norway.
Though it migh take some time as cant get to the post office very easily.
I know the goody company makes elastic bands without metal, i can check the prices on it when i get back to Uk.

Thanks, I will try to find some online. If I can´t I will take you up on the offer! :)

I ordered a bunch of metal-free elastics along with my denman hairbrush, am still living off those. I did find some in Bunnpris which were glued, but the joint wasn't hard and didn't snag. They were pink though...

Do you have a link perhaps? The problem buying online is many say they are metalfree, but they don´t tell what´s instead, and they hide the joint in pictures. Maybe I need to start a thread and ask for recommendations?

Hiriel
March 12th, 2011, 03:31 AM
Do you have a link perhaps? The problem buying online is many say they are metalfree, but they don´t tell what´s instead, and they hide the joint in pictures. Maybe I need to start a thread and ask for recommendations?

Denman elastics can be found here (http://www.denmanbrush.com/acatalog/Hair_Scrunchies_Elastics.html). I have to add that I found the large ones to lose their elasticity quite quickly, but I mostly use the small ones, as I usually only use elastics for braids, and the small ones are high quality. I might just have had bad luck with the large ones.

Liave Ekeli
March 12th, 2011, 05:21 AM

I bought my scissors at Clas Ohlson. Mine are a bit stiff, meaning you have to push down on them a bit to get them to close, but it's been a while since I bought my pair, and I think Clas O. has improved the quality of them since. I tried a pair that a friend of mine bought a while after I bought mine, and they were much better to use. One of these days I'll buy myself a new pair.
I can't remember offhand how much I paid, but I think maybe 100 - 150 kr.
I think they also have Fiskars hair scissors at Clas O. They're more expensive, but I seem to remember Fiskars is known for good quality.

I discovered that Boots own brand of conditioner doesn't seem to have cones in it. I bought the rosemary/mint shampoo and conditioner yesterday, and paid 30 kr for both. I don't know if the two for one thing was something they have permanently or if it was just temporary though.

einna
March 21st, 2011, 07:33 AM
A tip for those who live in Bergen: Kinsarvik Fruktutsalg. It`s an "alternative shop", where I found virgin unraffined coconut oil, sweet almond oil, essential oils, hair growing vitamines and health teas.

tinti
April 20th, 2011, 06:31 AM
Has anyone found Biotin in Norway? I'd like to get myself some but I can't seem to find it either at Vita or Life or Sunkost or any place like that. I found Sillicia though.

Venefica
April 20th, 2011, 09:03 AM
I use the first price shampoo and conditioner at times and I like it, it makes my hair very soft and shiny.

The products I use the most is Define Nourishing Silk shampoo, conditioner and hair cure which I buy at Coop and Rema.

Alvrodul
May 4th, 2011, 01:33 PM
I just bought one of these sample packs (http://www.etsy.com/transaction/49137362) from a lady in Bergen who makes soaps. If I decide that this is good soaps, I think I may ask her about perhaps making shampoo bars. :D:eyebrows:

Alvrodul
May 11th, 2011, 02:20 PM
My soaps arrived yesterday - many heavenly smells there! I can certainly recommend the soaps on that alone! But I also used one of the soaps I got - one scented with sandalwood and nutmeg - on both my body and my hair, and it worked just fine as a poo bar. :D
I have already sent the lady a convo about the lovely soaps, and have also floated a suggestion about her maybe making some poo bars... :D

Alvrodul
May 12th, 2011, 01:37 PM
I went to the Fairtrade shop in Storgata (Oslo) today to buy a present - and what did my eyes behold? Argan oil, that's what!:D
They had three bottles when I came there - one less when I left. :D

einna
May 28th, 2011, 01:50 PM
I found scrunchies at Vita. The last time I looked for scrunchies in stores, I did not find any, and ended up buying online. Anyways, there are two types. White satin ones, and soft cloth covered ones that comes in brown or beige. Medium size. I dont remember the price but I know it was ok.

Kristine
June 4th, 2011, 04:01 AM
I normally use the Landlord conditioner that they sell at Rema 1000. At 7 kr/bottle, the price is unbeatable, and the conditioner is conefree and works quite well for me, at least when I combine it with a vinegar rinse.

I'm going to check out that Clas Ohlson towel; sounds like a good deal :)

Kristine
June 5th, 2011, 05:11 AM
I've found ACV in Coop Prix (and I guess Kiwi, Rimi, Rema, Joker etc also have it.
I actually use regular white vinegar instead of ACV. It's 1/3 of the price, and works just as well (for me, at least).

The scissor I use is Fiskars embroidery scissor ( http://homeware.fiskars.com/web/fiskarsweb.nsf/no/sakser_functional_form_broderisaks_859807 ). It's perfect for S&D imo!

HappyMuser
June 18th, 2011, 08:06 AM
Found a huge jar of extra virgin coconut oil at Sunkost today, 180 kr!

Alvrodul
June 18th, 2011, 08:19 AM
Anybody in and around Oslo this weekend should visit Oslo middelalderfestival - if you have a look in the right booths, you can get hairsticks (I bought one in bone with a dragon head on the top)), leather-and-wood hair slides, handmade combs, and I also picked up a couple of hairswords for my collection there today. :D

Alvrodul
July 5th, 2011, 08:14 AM
La Danse in Kristian Augusts gate 7 has Bunheads pins! So now all of us who live in Oslo know where to go for good hairpins! :D

Hiriel
July 5th, 2011, 12:03 PM
I don't suppose one can get spin pins anywhere in Norway? I've checked Boots, since I know Boots carry them in the UK, but no luck.

I think I'm going to have to ask one of my friends in the UK to send me some...

ingvild
August 9th, 2011, 09:03 AM
Hei Norwegians :)

I am wondering if any of you have tried shampoo bars from Fitjar såpekokeri? I would really like to try a shampoo bar. I thought about chagrin valley first, but then I thought it would be better to be more local. My hair's used to no-sulfates and I've also had luck with CO. Maybe I'll lurk a bit in the shampoo bar threads too...

Also: I'm thinking about getting a BBB. If you have one, where did you get yours?

Brianna
August 9th, 2011, 09:24 AM
Hei Norwegians :)

I am wondering if any of you have tried shampoo bars from Fitjar såpekokeri? I would really like to try a shampoo bar. I thought about chagrin valley first, but then I thought it would be better to be more local. My hair's used to no-sulfates and I've also had luck with CO. Maybe I'll lurk a bit in the shampoo bar threads too...

Also: I'm thinking about getting a BBB. If you have one, where did you get yours?

You're in Trondheim too, right? I bought my BBB at Antoniette Frisør at Torget a few years ago. Haven't the foggiest if they still sell them, though. :o

ingvild
August 9th, 2011, 09:33 AM
That I am! I'll check out that hairdresser, thanks. :D

Nini
August 9th, 2011, 10:29 AM
I don't think I've gotten shampoo bars from Fitjarsoap, but I've gotten other products that I really liked. And the service is excellent:)

I do use CV-bars, which I love. Not for my hair, but they're fairly mild on my eczema skin.

ingvild
August 9th, 2011, 10:46 AM
Thanks Nini! Maybe I'll try it out soon. If it doesn't work for my hair, it will probably work for my skin. :)

Hiriel
August 9th, 2011, 10:46 AM
I've actually seen BBBs at Vita, but they're the cheap kind, which also have nylon bristles, along with the boar bristles. I bought mine online, from Denman, wasn't too expensive really.

ingvild
August 9th, 2011, 02:37 PM
Je, I actually tried the one at Vita, it's too small and... nylony :( My hair didn't like it.

I'll look into it. No crisis, wooden bristles work well too :)

einna
November 2nd, 2011, 04:55 PM
Anybody know if/where it is possible to get the Fructis triple nutrition/Oil repair conditioner?

Alvrodul
November 23rd, 2011, 10:13 AM
Now, this one is a goodie for every LHCer who lives in or around Oslo! I needed to buy some buttons today, and went to Perlehuset in Grønnegate (near Slottsparken) and what did I spy with my little eye? These! :D
http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m529/Alvrodul/various%20things/Sticks.jpg

:D

Pretty, aren't they? They are made of resin and decorated at the top with mother of pearl. The longest is about 6 inches, maybe a tad longer.
So do anybody feel a sudden need to go shopping for buttons and beads?:eyebrows:

I also told the lady in the shop about LHC when I asked for permission to take a picture of the pretties - she had about waist-length hair in a ponytail, and seemed rather fascinated at the concept of a club for long-haired people! :D So maybe we'll get another Norwegian member soon?;)

Hiriel
November 23rd, 2011, 01:32 PM
Oooh, I like them. The middle one especially. I'm not in Oslo, but that's probably just as well, I have a Christmas gift budget I need to stick to :p

Venefica
November 23rd, 2011, 01:34 PM
Alvrodul have you ever been to that shop near Oslo S named Shangrila, I think they are still open, they sell new age and hippie stuff and they usually have hairsticks, oh and I love the sticks you got from Perlehuset, they are very pretty.

Hiriel
November 23rd, 2011, 02:55 PM
Alvrodul have you ever been to that shop near Oslo S named Shangrila, I think they are still open, they sell new age and hippie stuff and they usually have hairsticks, oh and I love the sticks you got from Perlehuset, they are very pretty.

Shangrila has hairsticks? Damn, the last time I was there was before I knew of hairsticks, and now I'm a pretty inconvenient distance from Oslo. But again, good for my budget :p
I've been eyeing some shawl pins I've seen in craft stores here, but they're usually a bit short.

einna
March 6th, 2012, 04:17 PM
Reviving this thread to ask if anyone has found pure mineal oil? The ones I have seen so far always contain a lot of other stuff.

tinti
March 6th, 2012, 05:22 PM
Hey all Norwegians! I just wanted to give a little tip about Castor oil. I found this big bottle of Castor oil in Apotek1 for ages ago for about 200 kr. It's called Lakserolje. I didn't use it at first because it was so bloody sticky, but I recently found that if I dilute it with a lighter oil, like jojoba, and warm it up in a water bath the stickyness goes away untill it cools again. I use 2 table spoons of each oil in a little bowl, pour some water into my .... water boiler (is that what it's called? :p) and pour that over in a kettlewhich I put my little oil bowl and let it stay there for a couple of mins.

Pssst, has anyone mentioned that they sell loads of EV oils in Sunkost and Life? I've found jojoba, coconut, swet almond, oilve and avocado. Plus a bunch of essential oils.

Nini
March 7th, 2012, 12:57 AM
www.myrra.no has a very good selection of oils, usually at a better price than Vita or Sunkost. Ica Maxi and Mega also has quite a few oils that might be worth checking out:)

Hiriel
March 7th, 2012, 02:39 AM
Reviving this thread to ask if anyone has found pure mineal oil? The ones I have seen so far always contain a lot of other stuff.

I'd go looking for mineral oil to treat wood, rather than oil for hair. IKEA has pure mineral oil (http://www.ikea.com/no/no/catalog/products/00046786/) for example. It's cheap too, but I don't know if it's the same grade of oil as they put in hair products. Maybe not, but I suspect the difference might not be that big. Never tried to put it on my hair, but I have a bottle to treat wooden utensils. Hm, I think I know what I'm going to do when I get home ;)

Hiriel
March 7th, 2012, 02:41 AM
Hey all Norwegians! I just wanted to give a little tip about Castor oil. I found this big bottle of Castor oil in Apotek1 for ages ago for about 200 kr. It's called Lakserolje.

Incidentally: most pharmacies have lakserolje, but it's often behind the counter, so that you have to ask for it.

Alvrodul
March 7th, 2012, 10:00 AM
Definitely worth asking for stuff in the pharmacies, but not all pharmacies have the exotic stuff. If you live in or near Oslo, you should go to Svaneapoteket pn Karl Johan for this - they have a bunch of this sort of stuff. I asked around for hops (humle) and went to another pharmacy, where I was told to go there, because they were the ones with the herbs.
I got a list of the ones they have, if anybody is interested.:)
They also have henna, but I can't vouch for the quality - I get mine from Mehandi.com. :D

einna
March 7th, 2012, 11:52 AM
I'd go looking for mineral oil to treat wood, rather than oil for hair. IKEA has pure mineral oil (http://www.ikea.com/no/no/catalog/products/00046786/) for example. It's cheap too, but I don't know if it's the same grade of oil as they put in hair products. Maybe not, but I suspect the difference might not be that big. Never tried to put it on my hair, but I have a bottle to treat wooden utensils. Hm, I think I know what I'm going to do when I get home ;)

Very interesting. Please report back when you have tried it! :D

Definitely worth asking for stuff in the pharmacies, but not all pharmacies have the exotic stuff. If you live in or near Oslo, you should go to Svaneapoteket pn Karl Johan for this - they have a bunch of this sort of stuff. I asked around for hops (humle) and went to another pharmacy, where I was told to go there, because they were the ones with the herbs.
I got a list of the ones they have, if anybody is interested.:)
They also have henna, but I can't vouch for the quality - I get mine from Mehandi.com. :D

Thank you for the tip. I live in Bergen, but they have Svaneapoteket here to, maybe it is the same.
I hope so, because the other pharmacies I have tried did not have any pure mineral oil. The people working there did not even know what it was (and it is inn very many of the products they sell). There goes the last of my trust in skin care and hair products from those places. Sad really, I one would think that was a place with quality and informed personell. I also saw a mouthwash that contains SLS. I would not want that stuff in my mouth :S.

Well well, I guess I am happy as long as they know their stuff when it comes presciptions and medicine. Rant over, haha.

ingvild
March 7th, 2012, 12:05 PM
Actually, most of the toothpastes I've seen contain SLS... they give me canker sores. Owie. Zendium doesn't have SLS though. Not sensodyne either, as far as I've seen.

Anyway, on the topic of SLS, anyone know of an affordable sulfate free shampoo? My scalp seems to start getting angry. :( I've used the one from Body shop before, but it's a bit expensive. Right now I use a solid shampoo from Lush but it's a bit irritating.

ingvild
March 7th, 2012, 12:08 PM
Also question: what's the deal with mineral oil? I'm just curious.

einna
March 7th, 2012, 04:02 PM
Ingvild: I have just noticed the toothpastes to, forgot about that. I actually have one that dosent, but it tastes horrible.
There is a lot of threads about mineral oil on LHC lately. It seems it has a lot of the effects of 'cones and vegetable oil, like keeping moisture in, shine, preventing tangles ect. The thing is that it unlike most 'cones washes out with SLS free shampoo and CO. It is also cheap.

KarenLynn
March 7th, 2012, 05:21 PM
I'm wondering if any of you have suggestions for cheap, cone-free conditioners that work for CO washing? I've tried Neutral and First Price recently, and they both completely gunk up my hair. My favorite CO conditioner isn't available in Norway, and they anyway changed it recently. I have yet to find an alternative that works for more than one wash. :(

einna
March 7th, 2012, 05:27 PM
I'm wondering if any of you have suggestions for cheap, cone-free conditioners that work for CO washing? I've tried Neutral and First Price recently, and they both completely gunk up my hair. My favorite CO conditioner isn't available in Norway, and they anyway changed it recently. I have yet to find an alternative that works for more than one wash. :(

I have just bought the Garnier Fructis Strenghtening Conditioner. Works well for CO so far, only tried it twice though. They have it at Rema 1000 I know.
I think the First Price contains 'cones, so you might need to clarify.

Have a look at lockig.se, a swedish forum on CO washing, they have a list of conditioners for CO, many can be found in Norway.

einna
March 8th, 2012, 10:30 AM
Does anyone know where I can get Manic Panic, Directions or other vegetable dyes? I want to add a blue one to my conditioner to combat brassyness.

KarenLynn
March 8th, 2012, 11:33 AM
Thanks for the tips, einna! :flowers: I'll look for the Fructis (I never even looked at that brand, because I assumed they all had 'cones) and check out that link.

einna
March 8th, 2012, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the tips, einna! :flowers: I'll look for the Fructis (I never even looked at that brand, because I assumed they all had 'cones) and check out that link.

Jupp, me to. Let us know when you found something that works. I am always on the lookout for new conditioners.

By the way, do not try the Rainforest conditioner by Body Shop. That one leaves the worst waxy coating. I actually threw it away in the end, I almost never do that with anything. ;)

ETA: The Moisture conditioner. I have read that ohters have had problem with this one to. The others might be better.

ingvild
March 8th, 2012, 12:15 PM
Ingvild: I have just noticed the toothpastes to, forgot about that. I actually have one that dosent, but it tastes horrible.
There is a lot of threads about mineral oil on LHC lately. It seems it has a lot of the effects of 'cones and vegetable oil, like keeping moisture in, shine, preventing tangles ect. The thing is that it unlike most 'cones washes out with SLS free shampoo and CO. It is also cheap.

Ah, that sounds nice. I don't use oils so much, just evoo since it's so easily available.

What toothpaste do you use? I think zendium tastes okay. It doesn't taste as much or foam as much as "regular" toothpaste though, so it takes some time to get used to.

I've had success with Landlord's conditioner (Rema1000). It's very cheap :) I also second the garnier fructis, although I haven't actually tried it for CO.

ingvild
March 8th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Jupp, me to. Let us know when you found something that works. I am always on the lookout for new conditioners.

By the way, do not try the Rainforest conditioner by Body Shop. That one leaves the worst waxy coating. I actually threw it away in the end, I almost never do that with anything. ;)

Say whaaat, I love the rainforest conditioner! :o Might be it works better for coarser hair?

Alvrodul
March 8th, 2012, 12:17 PM
Does anyone know where I can get Manic Panic, Directions or other vegetable dyes? I want to add a blue one to my conditioner to combat brassyness.
Dragens hule near the Central Station here in Oslo. They also have a webshop. http://www.dragenshule.no/index.cfm
You can also see if there are any shop that cater to the goth culture in Bergen and see if they have something you can use.

Alvrodul
March 8th, 2012, 12:20 PM
If there is an Ica shop near where you live, look for Tresemme Naturals - that one is excellent!:D

einna
March 8th, 2012, 01:30 PM
Say whaaat, I love the rainforest conditioner! :o Might be it works better for coarser hair?

I edited my previous post. I is the Rainforest Moisture Conditioner. Is that the one you are using? But yeah, coarse and fine/medium hair probably likes different things. But mostly my hair loves things that coats it, so it is odd my hair did not like it.

The toothpaste is called Corso daily. I bought it on sale at a pharmacy. It tastes very weird, and has a pretty disgusting colour, grey-brown-pinkish. I will not buy it again. Thanks for the tip on Zendium. :)

Alvrodul
March 9th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I bought some neem oil at Myrra.no today (thank you for pointing me at that shop!! :flower:) as well as some EOs.
For those of you who may want to shop there, I recommend that you follow through on the ordering process - I had to put my order in twice, because the payment process failed the first time (some kind of technical glitch) but worked the second time. I had to wait for the confirmation mail, and phoned the company about both the orders to find out what was happening (the confirmation mail did arrive ... eventually) and I had trouble reaching anybody there, but they were quite friendly once I did get an answer.
I am sure to come back in the future for more EOs.;)

Nini
March 9th, 2012, 04:23 PM
Anyway, on the topic of SLS, anyone know of an affordable sulfate free shampoo? My scalp seems to start getting angry. :(

I don't know what you'd consider expensive, but I really like Urtekram products. I find that a little goes a long way, so I have my bottles for quite some time.

I buy mine from the local health food store. Definitely worth checking out!

Hiriel
March 10th, 2012, 01:20 AM
Actually, most of the toothpastes I've seen contain SLS... they give me canker sores. Owie. Zendium doesn't have SLS though. Not sensodyne either, as far as I've seen.

Anyway, on the topic of SLS, anyone know of an affordable sulfate free shampoo? My scalp seems to start getting angry. :( I've used the one from Body shop before, but it's a bit expensive. Right now I use a solid shampoo from Lush but it's a bit irritating.

Sensodyne doesn't have SLS, no. I started using the "pro-emalj" one because of problems with thin enamel on my teeth, and I stopped getting canker sores :)

The Coop Änglamark shampoo isn't SLS free, but it's pretty low in SLS, and quite mild. Oh, and the Coop Änglamark conditioner is cone free, KarenLynn!

KarenLynn
March 10th, 2012, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the conditioner suggestions, everyone! :flowers: I've made a list and will keep my eyes open next time I'm in either of those stores. :)

As for non-SLS toothpaste, I also use Sensodyne. No weird taste, either.

I bought the Rainforest Moisture S&C more than a year ago, since the Honey Moisturizing (which I *loved*, both wash result and smell) had been discontinued. Hated both the shampoo and the conditioner. Yuck. They're now at my mom's house for emergency purposes.

Alvrodul
March 15th, 2012, 01:53 PM
Telemark Urtebrænderi has a sale on Argan oil, among other things, since they have renewed their webshop. New URL as well: http://www.teleurt.no/
If anybody want me to forward their newsletter, send me a PM with your e-mail address.
I must say that once I got my order properly submitted (in the old shop, which was probably the reason for the problems I had) I got my products FAST!!! :D

ingvild
March 15th, 2012, 02:08 PM
Thanks for the non SLS shampoo tips :) I think I'll check out urtekram. I'm never at coop shops, but the änglamark may be worth checking out anyway....hmm.

I was at Boots apotek today and I saw that they sell tangle teezers. I don't really need one, but just a heads up if anyone is interested! I was actually hoping to find spin pins (or similar), since I seem to remember reading that they could be found at Boots. Oh well.

KarenLynn
March 17th, 2012, 03:09 PM
Ingvild - Tangle Teezers, really? Wooohoo! Did they have the compact styler, or just the regular type?

ingvild
March 18th, 2012, 02:20 PM
Actually I don't know - :( It was sold out, I only saw the label. It said "Tangle Teezer Pink".

KarenLynn
March 19th, 2012, 01:08 PM
Oh, ok. I know there's a Boots close to where I live, so I'll have to go check out their selection. Thanks for the tip!

tinti
June 14th, 2012, 03:25 PM
They have the Compact styler in the Enklere Liv shop on Kvadrat over here, KarenLynn.Oh, and I found a conditioner in Rema the other day (or ICA, I'm not sure, but I THINK it's Rema) called Orion Hair Care Balsam for normalt hår. It cost me 9 kr and I THINK it's cone free, not sure, but I couldn't see any cones in the ingredients list which were readable for me, for once :) The poo had sls though, so I may be wrong.

ETA: do any of you know of any sls and cone free gels except for the aloe gel? and is that strenhtening conditioner from Garnier really cone free?

KarenLynn
July 5th, 2012, 01:45 PM
tinti - ooh, I've seen an Enklere liv store somewhere. I'll keep an eye out for it now. Thanks for the tip! I don't have the bottle of Garnier strengthening conditioner in front of me right now (things seem to be disappearing left and right for me lately), but I'm 98% certain it's cone free. I CO washed with it more than once, and it worked fine. :)

pwettyfleur
September 28th, 2014, 05:50 AM
Hey,

Was really excited about this thread as i'm moving to Oslo next week from the UK, Only to realise no one has posted anything for 2 years!

Can we get a revival? :rolleyes:

Nini
September 28th, 2014, 10:58 AM
You could try ;) Much of the content is still valid though I should think!

KittyBird
September 28th, 2014, 12:35 PM
I'm not much of a product junkie and most of my leave-ins and serums are purchased online, but I can tell you which shampoos and conditioners I like. I tend to go for the cheap products, and I really like the First Price conditioner (contains cones), the SoftStyle conditioner (cone-free, you can buy it at Rema1000), the Coop Xtra conditioner (cone-free, you can buy it at the Coop stores). I do buy more expensive conditioners too, but only when they're on sale. ;)
The shampoo brand I prefer is called Change (I think), and they have an Argan oil shampoo which is really nice. They also have a different shampoo in a purple bottle, which is also good. I buy mine at Meny stores, and I'm not sure if they're sold elsewhere.

Tussi
September 28th, 2014, 12:47 PM
I think a lot is still valid advice. If you're looking for essential oils etc, you might want too look at sunvita.no. And if you want hairdressers shampoos at a little lower price, blivakker.no is a nice site to know.

PixieP
April 10th, 2016, 09:37 AM
Bump!

I need a clarifying shampoo, but I don't ever think I've seen one outside of hairdressers... Anyone got any ideas?

Nini
April 10th, 2016, 10:33 AM
I just use any regular shampoo with SLS when I need to clarify. A generous amount, and maybe I apply it twice.

I don't use any products on my hair though, so it might not work for everybody :)

naturalambition
July 23rd, 2016, 06:27 AM
I second that, my husbands Head and shoulder shampoo and also the clarifying one from Define is pretty good. :)

PixieP
July 23rd, 2016, 07:44 AM
Oh I did't know Define had a clarifying shampoo, will take a look next time I'm at Vita or H&M!

I tried the Änglamark conditioner the other day, my husband bought it for himself some time back and I haven't tried it as I was pretty happy with my Lush one. But my hair really liked it! So that might be my new go-to conditioner when my Lush one is empty.