PDA

View Full Version : Happy(or not) Anniversary to Me

brok3nwings
January 13th, 2009, 08:44 AM
Its been a year...
LHC has helped me a lot and has encouraged me a to let my hair grow again. Looking to all the fantastic people and their beautiful hair keeps me going.

My relation with my hair is now very different from what used to be. 6 years ago i had my hair at about waist and i was always happy with it. It was natural, strong and long. Then i shoped it ALL off. Not once, not twice but three times... and always cried about it and always telling myself that i wanted it long.
So this is my progress. Im not having a good hair day... im actually very depressed about my mistake with my hair colour. The top of my hair is very golden compared to the rest... the middle and ends is very simmilar to my natural so i dont know what to do and i am really not happy with it !!!

In january 2008 my hair was chin lenght or maybe a little longer and with layers. I trimed 2 inches in October

January 2009
http://img165.imageshack.us/img165/7966/dsc0034yi4.th.jpg (http://img165.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc0034yi4.jpg)

This picture is to see better the difference in colour... im sorry my face is terrible i was still waking up :)
http://img84.imageshack.us/img84/9629/dsc0041cv0.th.jpg (http://img84.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc0041cv0.jpg)

You have to click on the picture to see it bigger

morningstar
January 13th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Your hair is such a pretty color and you have gotten some great growth. You will reach your goal. Congrats for one year! :cheer:

sandigirl
January 13th, 2009, 08:48 AM
Your hair looks nice now. Good luck in your journey.

spidermom
January 13th, 2009, 08:51 AM
I'm sorry you're less than happy with your hair right now. Try to think of it as a learning curve. You've found out what you don't like. Avoid the making the same mistakes, and all will be well.

paper
January 13th, 2009, 09:33 AM
Wow, your hair really has grown alot. It's so pretty, I love your color.

Happy Anniversary!!! :flowers:

squiggyflop
January 13th, 2009, 09:50 AM
sorry your unhappy with your hair.. it looks nice to me. :)

Moldilocks
January 13th, 2009, 11:45 AM
I like the color. It doesn't look uneven to me. When I feel bad about my hair I condition it like mad. Then I focus on how soft it is, not what I don't like about it.
Happy growing! :)

Demetrue
January 13th, 2009, 12:10 PM
Your hair looks much better than you think it does. The color change is not readily apparent to anyone who didn't know about it. Keep maintaining the health and the shine and that will draw attention away from the part you don't like. My hair had gotten too brassy for my skin tone when I was trying some cassia/henna glosses on my gray hair, so I finally got an neutral/ash blonde toner, mixed it with conditioner instead of developer and left it on for 5 minute increments and now it's all the same neutral ash tone. It's not as dramatic as the warm tones, but it suits my skin much better now and is uniform in tone.

DavidN
January 13th, 2009, 12:21 PM
Happy LHC anniversary to you, Brok3nwings, and thank you for sharing your wonderful progess with us! Your hair looks wonderful these days, and we look forward to supporting you on your long hair journey.

tiny_teesha
January 14th, 2009, 03:55 AM
You know what at first I'm like "what is she talking about??" Then i had to REALLY look close. It is extremely subtle!!! I couldn't even tell.
Honest, want to swap? I'd take your hair any day!
I love your hair, it look so soft and healthy and thick!

brok3nwings
January 14th, 2009, 05:50 AM
thank you all so much.
I really need to stay calm about my hair when im not happy with it. Normally those are the moments where i mess up everything. One month ago i was happyer this last mistake of colour at my roots really got me sad and i didnt even participate here as i used to.
this is what i know:
the hair will grow and my natural colour will make the golden look less golden
i had exactly the same golden colour last year and it faded to a nice blonde. My hair has to get some sun and it will lighten it making the red go into more of a blonde colour. (or so i want to think)
Im the only one noticing it. But when i notice i really notice it and it can ruin my day completly!

I have one solution and i really need support to keep doing this
if i part my hair at the side and not in the middle most of the bad colour is gone so that is going to be my new hair style for a while. What do you think?

Can i come here when im insegure and about to do something stupid and ask you to wake me up?

Half year ago i didnt even think about doing anything with my hair and now i am extremely insegure and i know that that could mean doing something stupid. I dont want that. So i will have to fight it.

I want long hair so these 2 inches of bad colour will mean anything. I have to wait...

MemSahib
January 14th, 2009, 06:41 AM
Ah, one of the things growing long hair from short will teach is patience. You're learning it quite well, Barbara, and I must add to the chorus to say your hair is looking lovely. Perhaps if I saw you in person and examined closely I could see all the colors you talk about but honestly, it is much less noticeable than you think. Your hair looks soft, shiny and is already longer than most people in "real life". I think you are well on your way back to the splendid waist-length tresses you dream of. Congratulations!

Ayanna
January 14th, 2009, 06:54 AM
happy anniversary:) i´m sure you will have long hair again if you wish and your hair doesn´t look bad at all now.My hair is shorter than yours.Good luck

lora410
January 14th, 2009, 06:57 AM
I think your hair color is beautiful. Keep growing :)

brok3nwings
January 14th, 2009, 07:07 AM
MemSahib thank you so much for your wisdom and kind words. You are right, pacience is the key and time... this is why we care so much for it. It aint easy but worth it

JamieLeigh
January 14th, 2009, 09:44 AM
Happy anniversary! :cheer: This place is awesome, isn't it? Even for those of us who were already "long" when we found it, the pics and stories are an inspiration to help us keep it long, and to take better care of the length we have. You'll get there again, and will never regret it!

amaiaisabella
January 14th, 2009, 11:50 AM
Your hair is very pretty! I am a bit amused at how disgruntled you look at waking up, though :D That is my waking-up-way-too-early face!

Demetrue
January 14th, 2009, 11:55 AM
I think the side part strategy is a great idea. I picked up some little tiny sparkly clips at the mall, and have been using them to clip back my shorter side pieces that are driving me crazy. I know that if I just wait 2-4 months, I will be able to pull them back into a pony-tail, but that if I cut them to "even them out" or "keep them from sticking out" that I will be back in the same boat trying to grow out the wispy side pieces all over again. But since I'm a perfectionist, seeing them bothers me. Now by clipping them with pretty little clips - the style looks deliberate and camouflages the parts I don't like so I can get on with growing it all out.

brok3nwings
January 14th, 2009, 02:14 PM
JamieLeigh yes there are wonderful people here and this is the only forum that ever kept my attention ;)

amaiaisabella eheheh i know i know. That isnt my face for waking up too early...thats my face for waking up to late and sleeping to much. My eyes are still closed, my face is looking like a ballon! But i do care about strange photos, actually when i see myself too "cute" i dislike it. Its frustrating what photos can do to yourself... in a good and bad way

Demetrue you are taking really care about yourself really eheh i actually have the same problem as you do... and they make me mad because i was the one to cut them (the ends were damaged) so you can imagine. I thought it was easy... now i have some terrible pieces of shorter hair in the front ahah i was thinking about going to a professional to fix them up but i may take your example with me. And yes it looks totally intentional if you take the time to find clips that you really like :)

im feeling so much better all because of you people :)

Coriander
January 14th, 2009, 02:24 PM
Look at all that shiny gorgeous hair! Congratulations on one year. That's wonderful.

I can't wait to see what next year brings for you! :D

SweetPea88
January 14th, 2009, 02:45 PM
Happy anniversary! I think your hair looks great and its grown so much. I'm sorry that you're unhappy with it right now, but with time and care it will get even better. :)

Johanna64
January 14th, 2009, 03:04 PM
Congratulations!!
I love the color of your hair,it's so pretty :)

suicides_eve
January 16th, 2009, 10:32 PM
thats alot of growth for a year girl and your hair color is Beautiful!

Rini
January 16th, 2009, 10:44 PM
Well done!! I think it's lovely :flowers:

Ryanne
January 17th, 2009, 03:02 AM
Happy Anniversary!
I think your hair looks great, very pretty colour.

Liluri
January 17th, 2009, 04:37 AM
Your hair looks so pretty! Healthy and that colour is just gorgeous, hope you learn to love your hair again.