PDA

View Full Version : Twenty bucks for two inches?

MadPirateBippy
March 26th, 2008, 11:43 PM
So, would you pay two dollars, right now, for another two inches of length with no splits? Just, BOOM, another two inches of virgin growth, wave a magic wand?

What about twenty dollars for two inches? I have to admit I'd be pretty tempted there.

A hundred dollars for five inches? Right now, one time deal, BAM! Five more inches of perfect, split-free hair with no broken baby hairs around the face.

What about five dollars for an instant foot of hair, and you could make payments?

What about a thousand dollars for whatever growth you would need to reach your ultimate length goal- knee, ankle, or just add another 7 feet of hair, thank you very much.

Is the joy more in the growing or the having of long hair? Would it be too much of a pain in the butt to have to learn a whole new set of updos? If it's two dollars, would even the women who like the process say, sure, let's go, two more inches with no splits works for me!

*starts working on hair lengthening machine*

DecafJane
March 26th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Great poll!
I would walk 500 miles (and I would walk 500 more) for the hair.

However, I would be greatly distracted by the adverts for disposable razors that appear at the bottom of this post. They would make me walk faster, to get away from them! :D

Cinnamon Hair
March 26th, 2008, 11:57 PM
What an interesting poll! In the past I probably would have said yes, but I voted no. If it were 2 inches of thick ends I would be much more tempted, but just two inches of total growth, no go.

capelli lunghi
March 26th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Well.. the $5 bit is a great deal.. can I just get a couple of those? haha

lilmisspicky126
March 27th, 2008, 12:22 AM
Cheese Weasels! I want a cheese weasel! ( I don't have enough money to buy hair and I don't enjoy walking outside.)

hrimfaxi
March 27th, 2008, 12:27 AM
Somehow... it just wouldn't be the same if I could pay for it and get it instantly.

SimplyLonghair
March 27th, 2008, 12:47 AM
I want cheese!:cheese:
Give me the cheese and no one gets hurt!:luke:

BTW I find the store bought hair ads at the bottom funny! A poll on what would you pay to have more hair and so they want to make sure that you can buy more if you want it! :shrug:

Me, I like the process!

Finoriel
March 27th, 2008, 01:51 AM
Why paying for it when I can get it gratis, with a little time :knit:
on the other hand I have some money left this month...
but I think I will end up buying some cheese 8) or weasels with cheese, if they taste good... :D cheese filled weasel au gratin with cheese sauce please!?

Katze
March 27th, 2008, 01:53 AM
Sure! 20 dollars is cheap to me as I live and work in Euros!

If I had two extra, thick, split-free inches, I would finally be solidly at BSL. I bet my hair would look long, too! :D

So, Mad Pirate, where can we sign up?

Sarahmoon
March 27th, 2008, 03:29 AM
I don't really care about the extra length, it will come eventually (I think, at least an extra 2 inch should be possible ;)) But I certainly would pay for instant splitless hair that doesn't go any shorter!

florenonite
March 27th, 2008, 03:53 AM
I voted a fiver for a foot, but I would walk five hundred miles (and I would walk five hundred more) to be the one to walk a thousand miles to ... get more hair. *now has 500 miles stuck in her head*:silly:

shrimp
March 27th, 2008, 04:01 AM
I went for $2 for 2inches (Only £1 - bargain!) as that would take me beyond classic at last!

Then, as soon as I voted I felt that wasn't really true. Haivng waitied this long what's two more inches? (hmmm yeah :rolleyes: still reconsidering........) And it would kind of feel like I hadn't really achieved it.

heva
March 27th, 2008, 04:30 AM
I've changed my mind already since I voted! I'd pay $20 for 2 inches, but I wouldn't want more than that. 2 extra magic inches every year would be nice. It's not enough to feel like cheating! Or I might get a foot and then cut off the ends!

Alley Cat
March 27th, 2008, 04:32 AM
I put $5 for a instant foot of hair that would take me to 43 inches way too long for me but I could cut it back to tailbone and see finally in an instant if I liked that length or not . Hey presto:magic: I like that idea. Sign me up . :D

SolSara
March 27th, 2008, 04:40 AM
I have a feeling my terminal length is far above what I would really want to have (classic), so if I could have it for a 1000 dollars, be it. :) That's a half month's pay at the low-paid job I had before going back to school, it might be affordable. And since I just started growing, I don't care so much about it being cheating.. :)

daisy
March 27th, 2008, 04:40 AM
At first, I thought "sure, I'd pay 5 bucks for a foot". Then I realized something. My hair is about hip length now. It actually feels long. It is a hassle. I do very bad things, like sleep with it loose. If I suddenly had a foot more hair, I wouldn't know what to do with it. It needs to happen gradually, so that I learn to make those small adjustments. Much as I hate having to wait 2 years to get to my goal, it's for the best.

socks
March 27th, 2008, 06:04 AM
Hell yes! I'd walk the 500 miles or dish out up to half of what's in my bank account for something like that. I'm deathly afraid of hitting terminal somewhere in the next foot or two, so some guarenteed way of getting longer hair would be amazing. :D

lora410
March 27th, 2008, 06:27 AM
Yup, I'd pay 5$ for another foot fo hair. That would take me well beyond my goal (which is 6 more inches)

iris
March 27th, 2008, 06:38 AM
I'm spending much, much more than $5 on getting my hennaed length to somewhat blend in with my natural roots. So yeah, I'd pay $5 to get the extra foot, then lop off the hennaed part ;)

Iris

Gylfi
March 27th, 2008, 06:49 AM
I am confused by some of your answers. You wouldn't do it because you wouldn't feel like you had earned it?? Then what was the payment for! If I'm paying twenty bucks for 2 inches of hair, then I darn-well earned it :p Same with walking the 500 miles. I checked all of the boxes :cool:

ladystar
March 27th, 2008, 06:59 AM
I would walk I like the exercise and in some way I can feel like I earned it.

Alaia
March 27th, 2008, 07:41 AM
I'd pay $2 for two more inches, but not $20.

I'd probably pay $5 for a foot, but I forgot to check that option :p

I wouldn't walk 500 miles. I'm lazy. And I don't want that song stuck in my... too late :rolleyes:

If the growth were at the top of my head and I'd chosen the foot, I would chop at least 6 inches of it right back off again so that I have some semblance of a nice hemline and no splits. With just 2 inches I wouldn't bother. Actually I'd probably buy two of those $2 2 inch packs and cut the second one off :p

I would also like some cheese weasels. :silly:

jel
March 27th, 2008, 09:35 AM
I would possibly go for the $20 option (though I voted cheezyweazy) - the $2 would be too cheap for the whole, perfect 2 inches. And although I have about 6" to my goal, I wouldn't pay for more - it would be too easy, and therefore not as precious.

birdiefu
March 27th, 2008, 09:40 AM
I would pay $2 for two inches of hair, just so I could cut off 2" of ends and not wait so long to catch up my damaged, yucky layers. But if my ends were healthy and I had a nice hemline, I would enjoy the journey happily.

Starr
March 27th, 2008, 09:50 AM
I'd pay $5 for a foot- sounds like a great deal!

Can't go wrong with cheese weasels either.

physicschick
March 27th, 2008, 09:51 AM
Nah, I wouldn't pay for more hair. I'm at my goal length. More hair would be heavier and might screw up my buns, which are currently working quite well.

However, if this magic hair growing machine existed, I would cut back to tailbone and see if my inside out bun works at that length. If it did, I'd stick with tailbone. If it didn't, I'd need the hair growing machine to return me to classic length.

Remke
March 27th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Nah, not really. I'de buy more toys.

pookatrina
March 27th, 2008, 11:20 AM
I would pay $500 for a cheese weasel. I'd go for the $5 for a foot, because I could maintain my length by cutting off a foot to get rid of my worst damage.

Blueglass
March 27th, 2008, 11:30 AM
In my case, a real barrier to say a waist goal, is that I live on the east coast where everything is
very expensive. So I took the five dollar deal. I go to an expensive salon were I pay a lot, just for a little trim, so my immediate family complains I'm not getting my "moneys worth". Also my hair is suffering from the effects of a thyroid condition now and I have breakage. I'm upset about, because, I'm always looking out for my hair, but, its condition right now is so substanded. I stopped blow drying a year ago in March, I don't use irons, or spray. I tryed a perm once, about 24 years ago, never since. I have the dark blonde everyone wants to highlight, but have not. I avoid swimming pools because of the chlorine. I use soy products to avoid cancer so I won't need chemo, and thus have hair loss. I used only soft scuncis, and hair friendly bottom elastics, and toothless barrets. I use Morrocco method blood of the dragon styling gel. Unforunately Anthony shampoos don't work for me, because they leave my hair grimmy. C. Valley Shampoo bars don't seem to work either.

AJoifulNoise
March 27th, 2008, 11:32 AM
I would pay $2 for 2" or $5 for 1'. But, I wouldn't want to magically get to my goal length... I wouldn't know what to do with all of that hair if it happened suddenly! It's hard enough to keep up with an inch a month.

cassie_g
March 27th, 2008, 11:40 AM
Five bucks for an extra foot of hair sounds like a good deal to me. That would put me over classic and halfway to knee. Where do I send my money?

spidermom
March 27th, 2008, 12:18 PM
Nope - I'm having enough trouble with the length I have. Let the increase come slowly.

young&reckless
March 27th, 2008, 12:28 PM
I'll pay the Five bucks but only if I can get a free chesse sample with it. No chesse no deal.

Lixie
March 27th, 2008, 12:31 PM
I now have I'm Gonna Be stuck in my head, complete with accompanying images of the bizzare 80's video. Thanks for that. :lol:

Anyway, onto your question. I voted for your first option - that it's all about the progress. Although saying that, if my hair were shorter I might feel differently. :wink:

eadwine
March 27th, 2008, 12:54 PM
You are dealing out the money a bit wrong.. two bucks for two inches? That makes it four bucks for four! :lol:

Forever_Sophie
March 27th, 2008, 12:57 PM
My hair's growing at the perfect rate for me, so I'll wait for the length :)

Islandgrrl
March 27th, 2008, 01:40 PM
.....lacing up the running shoes. I'd RUN 500 miles to be at my goal length!

tameriska
March 27th, 2008, 06:30 PM
I too, would go for the $5 deal, If I didn't like it/ couldn't handle it, like many others have said, it would be easy to chop it back.

Angellen
March 27th, 2008, 06:42 PM
I would do the two inches thing. I think five+ would be a little too shocking for me, but two inches and I could be at hip!

...I voted cheese weasels, though. Because they are just too awesome.

Flying Betty
March 27th, 2008, 06:43 PM
I'm pretty happy with my current length, but I'd take the foot and swap out the bottom yucky ends. And since this does seem to be magic hair, I'll take mine a shade or two lighter, or to be magical non-bleach damage hair. Right now the nice little highlights I added around my face are broken off at BSL/waist length when the rest of my hair is barely not classic :(

Kittee
March 27th, 2008, 06:52 PM
I would pay 1k for my goal lenght. (Knee)

growingitlonger
March 28th, 2008, 01:32 AM
Cheating takes some of the fun out of it, but it certainly is tempting. So how about $2 OR $20 for 2" - not just once but once a month?? That would get me to where I want to go fast, it will give me the sensation of growing my hair and enjoying all the lengths in between, and DH won't realise I'm cheating! I'll arrange a standing order with my bank!

Rae~
March 28th, 2008, 03:04 AM
I'd take the extra foot, not to speed up reaching my goal, but so that I could cut off a foot of the henna-tinted ends and be closer to one colour. :)

Naluin
March 28th, 2008, 06:57 PM
Yes, I'd pay some money for a couple more inches or a foot of hair instantly. My hair is short and going through awkward growing out phases. I don't think the extra bit of length would be cheating; it would be a relief!

Elleyena
March 29th, 2008, 01:11 PM
I choose...the cheese weasels! Seriously though, I think I'd like to just go through the process. It's kindof fun!

Iylivarae
March 30th, 2008, 10:50 AM
I'd take the two inches for five and twenty dollars, and I'd also take the foot for five dollars.
But more... nah, I want to see my hair grow... and one foot more is still a long way to go to goal, so... yeah, grow, hair!

Carolyn
March 30th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Cheating takes some of the fun out of it, but it certainly is tempting. So how about $2 OR $20 for 2" - not just once but once a month?? That would get me to where I want to go fast, it will give me the sensation of growing my hair and enjoying all the lengths in between, and DH won't realise I'm cheating! I'll arrange a standing order with my bank!I'd do 20 bucks for 2" a month. Sounds like a deal to me. I'd love to be able to get it longer and trim more often. I want nice thick quality ends and an even hemline.

lilalong
March 30th, 2008, 11:00 AM
I want to buy 4 inches right now.
I'd spend up to $20 per inch. But less would be better.

GlassEyes
March 30th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I would pay as much as I could afford. Which right now, is nothing.

I'd go up to maybe 500, but I'd have to justify it somehow because that money could go to my mom. xD

Anje
March 30th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I don't know about $20 for 2 inches, but I'd pay $1/inch, or definitely $5/foot.

Now if that were $20 for 2 inches more circumference, you'd already have it (especially if the thickness change is permanent). ETA: Heck, after trying out life with 4.5", I might even cough up another $20 for a nice, insanely thick 6.5"!

kwaniesiam
March 30th, 2008, 04:16 PM
Twenty dollar for 2 inches of length? Nah...I would totally pay that and more for extra thickess however.

mommabuck
March 30th, 2008, 04:51 PM
I'd definitely pay 5 bucks for a foot! Would get me past the stage it's in, always getting under my arm, and just long enough when I stand and bend down to my desk it's laying on whatever paper I am looking at.

TheSpottedCow
March 30th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I meant to select that i would pay 20 dollars for two inches, but clicked the two dollar one instead! Oops. I would also pay 1,000 for goal length, 5 dollars for a foot, and walk th 500 miles.
I also want cheese weasels

moonchaser
March 30th, 2008, 07:47 PM
If the $1,000 to meet your goal included the thickness I dream of, then I would do it in a heartbeat.

ElizaSea
March 30th, 2008, 08:48 PM
$5 a foot? I'd pay a total of $20, and be between hips and knees!

Pixel Gypsy
March 30th, 2008, 10:07 PM
I would so pay for an instant foot of hair! That would put me within a few inches of my goal length. And right now, it's not at all about the process of getting there, but all about the end result. :p I want so badly to try all of these gorgeous updos I see...but I just don't have the length for them. I was just moaning about wishing I could snap my fingers and make my hair grow earlier today when we were getting ready to go to dinner and I was trying to find a pretty way to put my hair up and continuously getting smacked down because I just don't have enough length yet.

Wikky Grrl
March 31st, 2008, 12:36 AM
to pirate an unnamed credit card co. ad campaign

2" of hair - $2.
12" of hair - $5
cheese weasel - priceless!

:silly:

Dianyla
March 31st, 2008, 02:20 AM
I actually walked 500 miles once. I didn't get 2 inches of hair, though, instead I just got a lot of blisters. :uhh:

An extra inch or two would be nice, though. Wait, are we talking about hair? :twisted:

Velvettt
March 31st, 2008, 03:25 AM
Can I just point at the title of this thread and laugh?:D

KnightsLady
March 31st, 2008, 03:56 AM
I'm not much into cheese, but got totally distracted by the cheese weasels, so I picked them. :D

kettle
March 31st, 2008, 02:07 PM
Tempting, but I wouldn't. I'm a poor student, and I'll have those inches for free in another few months :bluesmile
And I like to think I've earned my length. As much as you can earn growth that happens anyway!

Delilah
March 31st, 2008, 02:52 PM
Id pay a thousand dollars for goal length.
Even more if you found a way to thicken it.

WritingPrincess
April 1st, 2008, 04:28 PM
I voted $5 for a foot, then, as I read the posts, I realized that that would be too much to deal with all at once. Except that I think braids still work at classic length. So, I'll take the $2 for 2".
ETA: I'd much rather take 2" a month @ $2 for every EXTRA 2 inches. That means I don't have to pay for my 1/2 inch a month I get normally. I also want cheese weasels!

trolleypup
April 3rd, 2008, 09:40 AM
Not poor, but I would walk 500 miles for my goal length...I probably do that every year anyway.

And, being that I'm at terminal, I checked everything else too.

Áine
April 3rd, 2008, 01:00 PM
Sure. Why not? I just blew $20 on a crappy lunch, I'm sure I could take the hit.

harley mama
April 3rd, 2008, 01:07 PM
I am in search of that cheese weasel... I have been craving cheese for 2 weeks!

lulabelle
April 3rd, 2008, 02:23 PM
I'm maintaining my hair at its current length, but it would be nice to have an extra 2 inches that I could trim off the ugly ends! I don't think I would pay $20 for an extra 2 inches just so I could cut some off though, but I'd sure pay 2! And I would definitely pay $5 for an extra foot of hair, then I just might keep it!

Elizabeth
April 10th, 2008, 10:50 PM
I would do the walk of 500 miles because…a) I am a poor grad student b) I would have a killer body by the end c) I just want to get to my goal like, now! :)

sweetkandi
April 10th, 2008, 11:20 PM
If I could pay 5 bucks for an extra foot, i most certainly would! :) But 20 for 2 inches? Id rather wait the 2 to 3 months for that one.

1nuitblanche
April 10th, 2008, 11:28 PM
Hrimfaxi made a really good point that it wouldn't be the same if you could just pay for hair. I was going to say yes, probably for the 2" or the 5", but now I have to think a little more!

Nevermore
April 11th, 2008, 12:00 AM
I'd take an extra foot every month/two months until I got to my goal length at pretty much whatever amount of money you wanted for it. I only need about three feet worth of hair to be at my goal and I'm finding my waist length hair with layers/growing out bangs to be a bit annoying at the length that it is because it's too short (with the not-waist-length bits) to go simply into a braid and chill out there. I'd love to have hair that's all one length and having some "expendable growth" to cut would be a great way to do that.

Rebelkat
April 17th, 2008, 11:35 PM
"I'd pay twenty dollars for two inches, if that was my only option, but I'd rather pay two." I think I would. But then I wouldn't feel the satisfaction of having grown it myself, I guess. It's kind of a toss up, really.

zelah
April 17th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I am far more interested in cheese... and learning what my hair likes best! =) I'm a total DIY'er.

aney
April 18th, 2008, 04:13 AM
I'd take it... 20dollars isn't THAT much money!

wintersun99
April 18th, 2008, 12:34 PM
I would pay more than $500 but less than $1000 - Shoot, my t.v. and laptop cost that much, it wouldn't be a stretch to pay that for my goal length.

rosieposie
April 18th, 2008, 12:48 PM
count me in! put me down for $5 worth.

Haith
April 19th, 2008, 02:26 PM
I don't know if I would appreciate my hair so much if I could just pay and POOF have it as long as I wanted, but I think that if I walked 500 miles for my hair goal I would never take it for granted.

Loviatar
April 20th, 2008, 05:13 PM
$20 for 2 inches, plus extra cheese weasels for me please.

I would want the foot of hair, but I know if I gained a foot of hair overnight I would have NO FRIKKIN IDEA how to take care of it, what updos I could do, etc. So instant foot of hair = bad thing, I think.

Plus it would make for a really weird blog entry!

How about I can pay $20 for 2 inches, twice? ;) That would be good for me.

camillacamilla
May 2nd, 2008, 01:50 PM
I would pay several hundred dollars to wake up with healthy, split end free hair down past my waist.

MermaidGirl
May 3rd, 2008, 04:48 AM
Ah, yes, I will take that $5 foot of hair NOW please! :D

nastasska
May 3rd, 2008, 05:12 AM
"And I would walk five hundred miles and I would walk five hundred more.......":cheese:

Shanarana
May 3rd, 2008, 05:12 AM
I'd gladly pay tomorrow for a chuck of cheese today. :cheese:

UrbanEast
May 3rd, 2008, 01:36 PM
I have to admit that it's a bit hard for me to believe that anyone (who's interested in growing) wouldn't pay $20 for 2 inches. Even if you use inexpensive hair products, many of us spend that much over a few months towards products that help us grow our hair. For example, we might buy sulfate free shampoos, aloe vera, etc. Just my 2 cents!

MusingFrog
May 3rd, 2008, 05:41 PM
I'd pay, but not because of the growth. I'd love to have split free hair. I just don't think my hair is set up not to have splits. So yeah, I'd pay for split free hair from top to bottom.

Koala Kim
May 3rd, 2008, 06:00 PM
I vote cheese. :D
Can't go wrong with the cheese. :cheese:

UrbanEast
May 3rd, 2008, 06:16 PM
I'd pay, but not because of the growth. I'd love to have split free hair.

Exactly. I'd pay just to have thicker ends.

Phalaenopsis
May 5th, 2008, 01:18 PM
I wouldn't be interested. Hair grows on it own, and I would want it to be fully 'own'-grown by me :)

Beldaran
May 5th, 2008, 01:49 PM
I'd pay $5 for the foot and then trim back to hip (where I am now) that is way more than worth it for an extra foot of damage gone. It would nearly be all gone for me if that were the case.

Saranne772
May 21st, 2008, 09:35 AM
I so would go for any lengthening deal. Although in RL Im glad its not that easy- it takes dedication to get long hair that is healthy!

rubyann
May 30th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Cheesy weasels!

I'd love instant virgin split free growth, but as to what I'd pay/do for it, I just don't know. Hmmm.

savi
May 31st, 2008, 04:23 PM
With the euro being so strong compared to the dollar now... Oh, I'd pay. ;)

flowerlovelong
August 5th, 2010, 09:03 PM
Does American processed cheese count as real cheese?

luxepiggy
August 5th, 2010, 10:01 PM
If I could have a whole new head of shiny, bouncy virgin hair, I'd pay a thousand bucks for that (^(oo)^) better than a pair of shoes, I wear the same hair every day!

Merlin
August 6th, 2010, 03:30 AM
Thread title....now....where's LJ left the naughty chair?

Monsterkitti
August 6th, 2010, 03:49 AM
I'd definatly pay for an extra foot of hair :D I'd trim some of my ends to give me a nice hemline but it'd still put me so close to my goal it'd be brilliant :)

Laylah
August 6th, 2010, 04:14 AM
5in/foot is an awesome deal, but I wouldn't spend it right now. I'd use it so I could get a really short cut to see how it looked, and have the option of instantly regrowing everything I'd cut off.

I'd walk 500 mi too. I've been wanting to hike the pacific coast trail someday anyway!

BTW, considering I walk at least 5 miles a day, 500 miles isn't actually as much as it looks. That's only a bit more than three months.

Ulvashi
August 6th, 2010, 04:19 AM
Although I choose yes....But actually I just want very thick smooth hairs....and by thick I mean very very thick......like 5.5-6 inch pony circum :D....mine is 4" and tapers alot even though they all are one cut with lots of baby hairs.....length isnt really a desire of mine.....waist length is enough for me...

marzipanthecat
August 6th, 2010, 05:27 AM
Oh my, extra hair for $20? Bargain!!! (That's about £12, I think...)

I think I've reached my terminal length, and although I'm very happy indeed, I would love to just add more inches to it!

wvgemini
August 6th, 2010, 06:01 AM
I would give $5 for a foot. That would just about put me at my goal length so I'd be happy!

sibiryachka
August 6th, 2010, 09:55 AM
*snort*... cheese weasel... DBF has a new nickname! :rollin:

RedStripe
August 6th, 2010, 10:12 AM
I want a cheese weasel too.

Hylia
August 6th, 2010, 10:16 AM
I would pay! I`ve had long hair my whole life pretty much and I always hated my hair when I did get haircuts.

tinti
August 6th, 2010, 02:23 PM
I would absolutely pay! I've never had hair past bsl untill now, and still I don't consider my hair long and I'm just as impatient as I allways have been to make my hair grow faster :)

LittleOrca
August 6th, 2010, 02:28 PM
I'm not really poor, but I would walk the 500 miles to get my goal hair, so long as I could break it up into increments and it was not 500 miles all at once.

FrannyG
August 6th, 2010, 02:49 PM
Two inches would put me at bottom of BSL, which is my current short term goal. I am getting very impatient about it, I confess. That said, it's all about the process for me, and I wouldn't pay a penny for an instant 2 inches.

Henrietta
August 8th, 2010, 12:43 PM
Nah, not really interested. It's about the process- I love the journey!

ghost
August 8th, 2010, 03:27 PM
I would so pay to reach my goal length instantly, especially if I had virgin hair. I would have no problem making payments, either...i'm an instant gratification kind of girl, sadly enough. I'm hoping the actual journey of growing my hair will help me learn more patience, but I would still pay for instantaneous growth to my goal length, or even another foot.

Cirafly24
August 8th, 2010, 03:51 PM
I would definitely pay $5 for a foot of hair! or $20 for 2 inches. I think I'd probably pay up to $100 to reach my goal length, but not $1000. It would take me more time to save up the money than it would for me to grow the hair! I'm only about 6 inches from goal.

Debra83
August 8th, 2010, 03:57 PM
Definitely 5.00 for a foot of growth!!!! Then I'd be thisclose to my goal length!

Merewen
August 8th, 2010, 08:15 PM
So I'm wondering... could I just buy the "split free" part? Although I haven't decided against buying a foot of hair...

JenniferNoel
August 8th, 2010, 08:19 PM
Five for a foot. Sounds like a deal to me.

akhkharu
August 8th, 2010, 08:22 PM
I wouldn't pay for hair because if that were possible, anyone who treats their hair any old way could have long hair without any work, and then my long wouldn't seem so special. I think it's all about the time and effort it takes to have beautiful long hair.

Venefica
August 9th, 2010, 07:11 PM
I am not sure. I have long hair but a short fringe so I would have to have that cut so 10 bucks there, and new hair color 20 bucks, 50 bucks in all for two inches. Yes I would consider it but then my hair rather quickly grow two inches on it's own to so I am not sure it would be worth it.

kristymarie87
August 10th, 2010, 07:56 AM
500 dollars for a foot sounds pretty decent!! I'd just get mad styles cut in and pay 500 dollars for more hair to change it!!

gthlvrmx
July 11th, 2012, 08:06 PM
id walk those 500 miles. can i split it up in sections how i walk? might take me a while to complete though XD can i run a little too? XD

Amber_Maiden
July 11th, 2012, 08:35 PM
I'd pay $2 for 2in, and I'd pay $5 for a foot, and I'd definitely walk 500 miles for my goal length! And of yes, WEASELS and CHEESE.

Kyla
July 11th, 2012, 08:48 PM
I chose the two inches for $2. I'm not sure how long I want to go, so I wouldn't want to pay for something I would just cut off. :p

laceyfairy
July 11th, 2012, 09:34 PM
12 inches for 5 dollars? Sign me up!

neko_kawaii
July 11th, 2012, 09:36 PM
Since it is magic, I'll just use this magic 1K to find out what my terminal length is and see if I like it. Thank you!

Jing
July 12th, 2012, 02:01 AM
I'd pay two dollars for two inches or five for a foot, but the other options aren't interesting. I enjoy watching my hair grow, and considering how much money I already spend on it with all my experiments, buying length as well seems like going too far. A cheap extra foot of hair would be fun, though.

pink.sara
July 12th, 2012, 08:32 AM
Exchange rate is pretty good, I'd pay a Grand to get to goal, but if it were costing me that much I'd make my goal knee :)

Ticky
July 12th, 2012, 09:57 AM
No, no and some more of it - no.

Lady Neeva
July 12th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I enjoy seeing my hair grow...

Amygirl8
July 12th, 2012, 08:22 PM
I'd pay $15 to get my three feet of hair (I think that would bring to like, calf) and I'd trim off whatever I had right now because the hair I paid for is apparently perfection, and that would leave me at maybe thigh length. Though I'd probably trim until tailbone anyway.

Avital88
July 20th, 2012, 11:38 AM
Haha i would Pay 1000 dollars to get my hair back How it was 5 months ago,so for my goallength also

domisimone
July 20th, 2012, 02:51 PM
I'd do anything for my hair, but for me it's very much about the process.

based goddess
July 20th, 2012, 03:45 PM
Nope, the process is half the fun!

Stellaaa
July 21st, 2012, 04:14 PM
$2, $5 $20 sure, no problem. I mean, I spend that much on hair care products without blinking.

But I picked $1000. I would pay that to just to have my 2005 hair back. Because in 2006 I got it professionally salon dyed and "trimmed" and the "trim" was a chop of about 8-10" or more. And it hasn't gown back, reasons being - 1) age, post menopause hair for me is really slow growing and 2)damage, from all that loving salon "care" and their wonderful hair-eating products.

Yup, 1000 for classic (my former length and basically terminal for me) but since I paid my money - oh yeah, knee length please (impossible by nature for me).

MinderMutsig
July 21st, 2012, 06:33 PM
At $5 per foot I'd grow my hair to the floor + 29 inches and then cut the 29" of old hair off. Then I'd enjoy floor length for as long as I can stand it, trim back to mid-calf and do the same, then knee, mid-thigh, classic, tailbone, hip and probably even waist. Then I'd enjoy growing it out naturally to the length I liked the most.

julierockhead
July 21st, 2012, 08:33 PM
No deal, I like the process. I'll spend my money on toys and oils.

I would love to try a cheese-stuffed weasel.

hyettf16
July 21st, 2012, 09:08 PM
Haha thanks but no thanks. My hair grows for free.

minxe
July 22nd, 2012, 03:23 AM
I'd pay a hundred for five inches of growth, but that's about it. I think that'd be lovely, and I wouldn't have to feel bad about a big trim afterwards to even things up.

Embrace1913
July 22nd, 2012, 04:50 PM
If I weren't on the verge of poverty and had random money to blow on whatever I'd pay the $1000 to reach my goal length. But I don't even have the $2. Where's my cheese? lol

BrownEyedBeauty
July 23rd, 2012, 10:08 AM
This is a fun poll! I voted that I would be willing to pay $20 for an extra two inches but would prefer to pay $2.

Aside from this, I believe that part of the beauty of growing long hair is that it cannot be done with the flick of a wand. A very large number of people would then be sporting very long hair and it would no longer be as uncommon and special to me. The longer my hair gets, the more appreciative I become of the time and dedication it took me to grow it and that raises my level of pride that I have with my hair.

melusine963
July 24th, 2012, 06:50 AM
While it would certainly be worth at least two dollars, I'd feel like I was cheating. I'm not in too much of a hurry, so I can happily wait a year to reach my goal. If I were paying for quality rather than quantity, on the other hand, I'd be willing to cough up quite a bit more.

socks
July 24th, 2012, 02:30 PM
I would totally pay for longer hair. I've reached terminal length, but I would love to have my hair be much longer than it is now. I wouldn't pay a thousand bucks, but I might pay half that.

owlathena
July 24th, 2012, 03:35 PM
I'd easily pay a couple hundred to have my goal hair, but I don't know about a thousand...

Mesmerise
July 24th, 2012, 03:42 PM
$5 for an extra foot of hair?? H**L Yeah!

I wouldn't bother with the $20 for 2" though... or even $2 for 2"... not when you could get an ENTIRE FOOT for just the bargain price of $5!

(I'd be past my goal length and could trim back my stringy ends :D).

portie147
August 13th, 2012, 06:15 AM
Good idea! Where can I get this done? Haha.

sloth
August 13th, 2012, 10:36 AM
I'd pay the $2 or $20 or $5, or do the walking thing. At least until my hair was long enough to cut out the damage without having to end up with super short hair.

Hell, I'd probably do the walking thing even without the benefit of hair growth, assuming I can stop to camp out and whatnot as needed. I am a hiking dork. :(

Neneka
August 13th, 2012, 11:22 AM
I would walk. I like walking. And I am very poor...

Freija
August 13th, 2012, 11:47 AM
Yes; a hundred times yes. Especially a foot or two, so I could see what my hair looks like completely virgin. I would pay, I would walk, I would plead. : p

TheMechaGinger
August 13th, 2012, 11:51 AM
I put that I'd walk! I could probably walk 500 miles in a couple of months just maintaining my normal routine, which is way less time than it would take to reach my goal of tailbone. Plus walking is good for you :D

AineMuirne
August 13th, 2012, 03:56 PM
I wouldn't right now... if my hair were BSL or above I'd pay five dollars for a foot, though. That'd put me almost at the length I have now. :P I like having hair at every length in between so I have time to get used to it, especially because I almost always wear my hair down. And I'm not even sure if I want my hair any longer than TBL. But I intend to find out if I like it longer. ;)

xltorresx
August 13th, 2012, 04:55 PM
I put $5 for a foot. Although I would probably cut most of it off eventually so I can get rid of the commercial dye in my hair. I would also consider walking the 500 miles then I could get rid of it all, but I would miss my babies, that would take a looong time.

blondie9912
August 13th, 2012, 08:05 PM
Cool poll! I would pay for a bit more hair- an extra 3 to 6 inches, just so I could get another trim and have more of my natural hair grown out, but I actually don't think I'd like the entire process done for me in the blink of an eye.

Maybe
August 14th, 2012, 11:17 AM
I actually said $1000 for goal length.

I am no longer a poor student.

It would make my life a lot easier. I could ditch the flat iron and wear my hair up in lots of protective, pretty, and professional updos.

Where *is* the machine?

PeaceTeaRules
August 14th, 2012, 11:47 PM
I personally think that it's not the beginning or the end but the journey in between the two... Call me old fashioned... Cheese weasels please!! :big grin:

Anywhere
September 9th, 2012, 10:19 AM
I voted multiple things. $2/2", $20/2", $5/12", and 500 miles for my goal length. But I'd prefer the $5/12" the most.

elbow chic
September 9th, 2012, 11:26 AM
No, because then it wouldn't be very special, it'd be just like picking up a cheap scarf at Target or something. Even though you can get some very pretty ones there, they don't have that impressive factor.

Long hair is only really impressive because it takes a certain amount of longterm commitment, discipline (and plain ol good luck) to have it.

millyaulait
September 9th, 2012, 11:33 AM
I'd pay $20 (hell, I'd pay way more!) for 3.5in! :D

I kind of like the hair growing journey, but I reeeeeeeeally want to be BSL already!

DollyDagger
September 4th, 2015, 11:00 PM
If it were somehow possible with no repercussions or bad consequences I surely would :)

parkmikii
September 5th, 2015, 01:46 AM
I think it's mostly about the process and about learning the hair's needs. I'd I would get that much hair overnight it would probably be a bit overwhelming as I wouldn't be used to it being that long..

EccentricPython
September 5th, 2015, 02:47 AM
My goal length is rather small so yes, I would do quite a bit for two inches.

Johannah
September 6th, 2015, 12:39 PM
Oh yeah I would. Though I wouldn't pay so much money for reaching my goal length because I'm almost there ;)

Nuala
September 6th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Since I've already paid twenty bucks many times to have two inches cut off (or even more) I would definitely pay twenty bucks to get two extra inches!

DollyDagger
September 6th, 2015, 12:57 PM
Since I've already paid twenty bucks many times to have two inches cut off (or even more) I would definitely pay twenty bucks to get two extra inches!

Haha...thats a good way of looking at it! How much have we paid these hairdressers to indiscriminately chop away! Lets pay them to put it back! :)

MINAKO
September 6th, 2015, 12:59 PM
If i would by my hair this way it would be much cheaper than actually taking care of it. So whatever length i wanted i would just keep chopping and repurchase most likely.

Groovy Granny
September 19th, 2015, 11:43 PM
I chose: I'd pay twenty dollars for two inches, if that was my only option, but I'd rather pay two. (frugal granny here lol) ;)

LegoCaltrops
October 2nd, 2015, 09:10 PM
Yes - but probably just the $2 option as I'm skint. Frankly, I have a cold at the moment & as I'm still only chin-length, I can't tie it up. Hair in my face drives me crazy. Actually I would pay anything to be able to tie it up right now. <sneeze>

lunasea
October 2nd, 2015, 09:39 PM
Depends on whether I get some more thickness with the length...

Christine_O
October 5th, 2015, 07:04 PM
:cheese::cheese::cheese: Never pay for something you can do yourself. I voted cheese weasels.