PDA

View Full Version : I can do some new updos!!

rymorg2
January 12th, 2009, 04:16 PM
YAY ME!!!

I'm so thrilled.....I'm getting better at different updos than I could even do the last time I grew out my hair! WOO HOO!!! :Cheese:

Hey I have a CINNABUN!!!!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/BrunoandLillismama/Jan12048.jpg

Double braided diagonal updo that looks like a faux braided infinity type bun

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/BrunoandLillismama/Jan09046.jpg

Same updo but-this will never happen again-it looks like a BUTTERFLY

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/BrunoandLillismama/Jan08043.jpg

And same updo again...this will probably never happen again either....it's more like a celtic knot bun now.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v415/BrunoandLillismama/Jan08042.jpg

I'm so thrilled.....

backtolonghair
January 12th, 2009, 04:48 PM
aww... those are pretty! Good job!:)

SchnauzerMom
January 12th, 2009, 04:51 PM
Very pretty and I love those forks too!

OhioLisa
January 12th, 2009, 05:05 PM
Your cinnabun looks awesome! I love the other style(s) too. :) Hoorah for progress!!

Sammybunny711
January 12th, 2009, 06:35 PM
Congrats! They look very pretty and interesting!

wintersun99
January 12th, 2009, 06:54 PM
Love #3 and #4
:D

devs12
January 12th, 2009, 06:55 PM
they look pretty

Katze
January 13th, 2009, 04:47 AM
wow, good for you!

Might I add that your hair is looking so long and so THICK, especially in those 'dos! :cheese:

rymorg2
January 13th, 2009, 06:22 AM
aww... those are pretty! Good job!:)

Thanks backtolonghair! :D

rymorg2
January 13th, 2009, 06:23 AM
Very pretty and I love those forks too!

HI SM, thank you!!! :flowers:

rymorg2
January 13th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Your cinnabun looks awesome! I love the other style(s) too. :) Hoorah for progress!!

Thanks gf, I am thrilled....progress is a good thing. By my birthday I hope to have more progress even. :D

rymorg2
January 13th, 2009, 06:24 AM
Congrats! They look very pretty and interesting!

Hi Sammybunny, thanks! :D

rymorg2
January 13th, 2009, 06:25 AM
Love #3 and #4
:D

Hi Wintersun....Thank you!

LOL I took those pics to show off the forks and just keept the braids in from all day....they turned out so different! I'll probaby never be able to repeat them. Oh well....

rymorg2
January 13th, 2009, 06:26 AM
they look pretty

Thanks devs12!!! Welcome to the LHC!

rymorg2
January 13th, 2009, 06:26 AM
wow, good for you!

Might I add that your hair is looking so long and so THICK, especially in those 'dos! :cheese:

Hi Katze, thanks so much! :cheese:

I really need to change my profile since I guess I'm not shoulder length anymore, huh?

Sherri
January 13th, 2009, 06:55 AM
Congrats on the new styles. They are great.:)

Akiko
January 13th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Looks great. It's wonderful you can do those updos already!! Nice forks, too. The other day, I was looking for Ketylo aquapearl forks. Well, they are not available right now. I know who has them... It's rymorg! You have a great collection of forks. :flower: Those in the pics are great looking, too.

SHELIAANN1969
January 13th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Right on, I have no artistic ability with my hair, all I can do is one bun, a regular 10 second bun. :(

I have tried different styles and can't seem to *do* them....

But yours look pretty! :flower:

Kerynna
January 13th, 2009, 07:08 AM
Those look great! I am envious. How long is your hair? Mine is 23" and I cannot do a cinnabun or anything with it. Maybe because my hair is thick and just not long enough....

loves2spin
January 13th, 2009, 07:13 AM
I am so happy for you! :joy:

pariate
January 13th, 2009, 07:35 AM
Well done you :cheese: Lots of styles still don't work on my hair, even though I'm now halfway between BSL and waist :confused: I think my hair's a little too thin for some styles. Your hair looks fab in those pics, lovely and thick!

rymorg2
January 13th, 2009, 07:43 AM
Congrats on the new styles. They are great.:)

:waving: Hi sherri, thanks!! :D

rymorg2
January 13th, 2009, 07:45 AM
Looks great. It's wonderful you can do those updos already!! Nice forks, too. The other day, I was looking for Ketylo aquapearl forks. Well, they are not available right now. I know who has them... It's rymorg! You have a great collection of forks. :flower: Those in the pics are great looking, too.

Hi Akiko, thank you! I like variety that's for sure....and yep I have all the aquapearl right now LOL with the exception of OhioLisa and her blue spalted blondiesturn aquapearl fork that I fell in love with that made me want some. sigh....

rymorg2
January 13th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Right on, I have no artistic ability with my hair, all I can do is one bun, a regular 10 second bun. :(

I have tried different styles and can't seem to *do* them....

But yours look pretty! :flower:

Hey Sheliaann....thanks!

There's absolutely nothing wrong with a 10 second bun, especially when you have so many choices of so many beautiful forks and sticks to show off!!! Don't want to detract from THOSE now do ya???

mellie
January 13th, 2009, 07:46 AM
Pretty!!! I like the second one best, so cute!!

rymorg2
January 13th, 2009, 07:50 AM
Those look great! I am envious. How long is your hair? Mine is 23" and I cannot do a cinnabun or anything with it. Maybe because my hair is thick and just not long enough....

Thanks kerynna, and welcome to the LHC!

My hair is only 19" and very very thick. If you experiment then you can do some things I'm sure. My hair was 25" when I cut it last March due to headaches into a stacked inverted bob.

Here's a little trick.....try doing a cinnabun this way: Pull your hair into a ponytail and secure with a good elastic that won't damage your hair, THEN twist into the cinnabun, and then take a second elastic and go around the base of the bun with that. That's the only way I can do a cinnabun and that's how I did the one in my pic. The fork is just decoration in that one.

The other pics are my fave updo....a diagonal braided updo. You make two little braids (with elastics as well, I use two per braid, one at the top and one at the bottom) then flip them so that the tail is hidden and secure with said fork or stick. They just all turn out different. :shrug:

Btw, I'm a stylist so I have lots of little tricks in my repertoire that I have learned from the business, but most of what I know that has to do with long hair and updos I learned here!!! :D

rymorg2
January 13th, 2009, 07:51 AM
I am so happy for you! :joy:

Hi loves2spin, thank you! :flowers:

Ryanne
January 13th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Great styles, very pretty!

lora410
January 13th, 2009, 07:53 AM
:happydance: Aren't new hair milestone amazing? :D at my length there really isn't any to hit; so I get my guilty pleasure in everyone elses..:lol:

rymorg2
January 13th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Well done you :cheese: Lots of styles still don't work on my hair, even though I'm now halfway between BSL and waist :confused: I think my hair's a little too thin for some styles. Your hair looks fab in those pics, lovely and thick!

Thanks pariate!!!! It'll take me a LONG time before I will be able to do a true celtic knot or a true infinity bun, two of my fave styles. I probably would have been awful close now if I hadn't cut in March of last year. GRRRR........

rymorg2
January 13th, 2009, 07:54 AM
Pretty!!! I like the second one best, so cute!!

Hi mellie, thanks!!! :flowers:

rymorg2
January 13th, 2009, 07:56 AM
Great styles, very pretty!

Hi Ryanne, thank you!!! :cheese:

rymorg2
January 13th, 2009, 07:58 AM
:happydance: Aren't new hair milestone amazing? :D at my length there really isn't any to hit; so I get my guilty pleasure in everyone elses..:lol:

Hi lora! :waving: I know I feel so good knowing I can do some different things and have options. It'll be a long time before my infinity or celtic knot bun are TRUE buns though.

No milestones left??? Infinity buns? Celtic knots??? There's gotta be SOMETHING.....

sahiba
January 13th, 2009, 12:17 PM
Really happy for you. And your forks are very pretty as well.

rags
January 13th, 2009, 12:26 PM
Very pretty! I love the last one, and also the simplicity of the cinnabun. I love your forks too!

rymorg2
January 14th, 2009, 05:18 AM
Really happy for you. And your forks are very pretty as well.

Hi sahiba....thank you! I love my forks too....:D

rymorg2
January 14th, 2009, 05:19 AM
Very pretty! I love the last one, and also the simplicity of the cinnabun. I love your forks too!

Hi Rags! Thank you! I like the last one (and my forks) as well. That's one thing I love about cinnabuns, they're very simplistic.

long-hair-fan
November 22nd, 2009, 10:16 PM
Nice updos - great work