PDA

View Full Version : Hair One...

DMARTINEZ
January 12th, 2009, 10:06 AM
Ive been using Sallys version of Wen,called Hair One and I really like it! Anyone
else tried it? It really cleanses my hair and scalp, better than a regular conditioner
would. I dont even leave it on as long as they say to. Just thought Id throw
this out there! :) So far so good. Im using the Olive oil one. And I had to order
it online. I use a moisturizing cond.(cone free) after using Hair one! Nice Stuff!

Deb

rymorg2
January 12th, 2009, 10:47 AM
Ive been using Sallys version of Wen,called Hair One and I really like it! Anyone
else tried it? It really cleanses my hair and scalp, better than a regular conditioner
would. I dont even leave it on as long as they say to. Just thought Id throw
this out there! :) So far so good. Im using the Olive oil one. And I had to order
it online. I use a moisturizing cond.(cone free) after using Hair one! Nice Stuff!

Deb

Hi Deb, glad you like it! I'd advise you to watch for buildup though, sinc ehte Hair One has a cone in it.

DMARTINEZ
January 12th, 2009, 04:45 PM
Oh my, I didnt know that. I will go re-read the ingreds , I could have sworn it
was cone free...........hmmm?
Thanks for the info tho.. :) I still like it, but will watch for any build up. Seems
cone free to me.

Deb

OhioLisa
January 12th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Ingredients of the olive oil version:

water, cetyl alcohol, cetearyl alcohol, amodimethicone, glycerine, aloe leaf juice, butylene glycol and anthemis nobilis flower extract, cofea arabica extract and vaccinium myrtillus fruit extract, roas roxburghii fruit extract, propylene glycol and rosemary leaf extract, olive fruit oil, avocado oil, sweet almond oil, hydrolyzed wheat protein, menthol, panthenol, behentrimonium methosulfate, BHT, Polysorbate 60, PEG 60 almond dimethylamine, guar hydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, citric acid, disodium EDTA, 1, 2-hexanediol and caprylyl glycol, phenoxyethanol, sorbic acid, fragrance

So yeah, the cones are there, and pretty high on the list as well.

DMARTINEZ
January 12th, 2009, 08:21 PM
Thanks for those ingredients list OhioLisa! Now I dont have to
dig out my reading glasses and decipher the small print! ;)
I still plan to use it,it seems very mild and really gives no slip
so it must be cleansing somehow.

VanillaTresses
July 14th, 2009, 04:54 PM
I have been thinking of trying this for a long time, and I finally went and got some. I am going to go with just this and no other shampoo or conditioner for as long as I possibly can. I got both the Jojoba one and the Tea Tree Oil one. So far, I have used the Tea Tree Oil one and it felt really nice, dried nice, and my hair looks really nice. I have stopped COing (with Suave, Vo5) in the past because it caused my scalp to be really itchy after about a week. So we shall see what happens with the Hair One. I am going to be optimistic, and I will post longer-term results in my blog and on this thread later! :)

Fractalsofhair
July 14th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Doesn't Wen also have cones in it? Or in some of their lines? Anyways, as long as you clarify if your hair looks odd and built up, it's fine probably. Has a lot of oils, which is great!

curly girl fla
July 14th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Hair One was ok, but I really prefer WEN. it has the a-cone much further down on the ingred list, and the Lavender has glycerine a bit lower than the others...I can't take too much glycerine in this humidity/high dew points. I have experienced no build up from the WEN, but I do clarify before I henna so it wouldn't be much of an issue. It's a nice change for me after exclusively doing 'poo bars and ayurvedic herbs.

EtherealOde
July 14th, 2009, 09:05 PM
I use it but clarify every so often when I think I need it. I have been using the olive oil version, and sort of like how my hair has been feeling. The only thing I don't care for is the medicinal odor I get a whiff of when using it. Aside from that, it's working for me right now.