PDA

View Full Version : Favorite shampoo

mommabuck
March 26th, 2008, 10:51 PM
I've finally come upon a shampoo/conditioner that I can say I truly love! AND, best part, not pricey.

Suave Humectant. I've tried just about every brand/type on the market over the years and this time I think I have a winner. Have used it since October and can't say a bad thing about it. My goal was to find something that stopped static. I've electrified during the winter and besides painful shocks when I touch anything, my hair was everywhere and a braid became totally necessary.

My hair is easy to comb out, I can still go two to three days between washes, the conditioner rinses out easily and I'm not left with that greasy feeling some other conditioners have done, which mean greasy looking hair by the end of they day.

Top the wash off with a VO5 leave in conditoner,which I use daily and Im good to go!

Just wondering what everyone else uses to keep your hair manageable?

Gylfi
March 26th, 2008, 10:58 PM
Glad to hear you've found something that works for you! I don't really have a favorite as I've had success with a few brands only to have them quit working on me a couple of months later. Right now I use Aveda's "sap moss" shampoo. My mother works for Estee Lauder, so it's a buck a bottle for me, rather than the 30$ they charge in the Aveda store. I almost always follow it up with L'Occitane Olive Paste for conditioner. Simple routine :)

Flaxen
March 27th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Yay for finding something you like! :grin: I like a liquid, soap based shampoo called, Earthly Delight.

Guenever
March 27th, 2008, 01:41 PM
Congrats on finding something that works for you! :D
I really like Urtekram aloe vera shampoo..

lady_hero
March 27th, 2008, 02:26 PM
Props on finding "the one", mommabuck :D

My hair really likes Tresseme Moisture Rich with Vitamin E, both the shampoo and the condish. I've used it for about a year. It has a nice light fragrance, which I like. Before that I used Aussie Moist. My hair liked it, but I hated the STRONG tropical smell.

I've noticed that I like different s/c's for different seasons. The humidity, maybe?

MemSahib
March 27th, 2008, 02:33 PM
Nexxus Therappe shampoo and Humectress conditioner. Occasionally I will use Aubrey Organics (Blue Chamomile 'poo, GPB conditioner) to give my hair a rest from the Nexxux but I don't like it as well.

CopperHead
March 27th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I was in Costco recently and noticed they had the Giovanni 50/50 shampoo and condish in the 33oz pump sizes for $10.79. I just had to try it for that price and I love it! It works perfectly for my hair and smells very light and clean. :)

Kirin
March 27th, 2008, 02:51 PM
Queen Helene Mint Julep Shampoo or v05 "normal".

vindo
March 27th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I love Earthly Delight :inlove:, the best I have tried so far. Very mild and I was able to stretch from washing daily to every 3 days :D

In Germany I used to love Logona by the way..maybe I should get a bottle when I visit. It makes my hair fluffier which I like when I got out when its hot, humid...clubs, bars etc. because my hair wont get stringy fast.

Otherwise I love the extra oils in ED though :)

Patrycja
March 27th, 2008, 02:53 PM
I totally heart sauve Humectant as well.Cheap and has great slip!

Commercial shampoo? Sauve Toasted vanilla and sugar(??)

Bar? ANY!!

Islandgrrl
March 27th, 2008, 02:54 PM
I'm partial to Aveda Shampure on the occasions that I feel the need to use 'poo at all.

rubyredslippers
March 27th, 2008, 03:32 PM
I like Burt's Bees Pommegranite and Soy shampoo . . . it smells sooooo good. It works better than a lot of shampoos that I've tried but I'm not sure if it's "the one."

I've also been able to stretch washing to once every three days.

Anje
March 27th, 2008, 04:50 PM
I remember liking Suave Humectant conditioner, before my extended period of WO. I was always concerned about buildup with it for CO, since it had cones, but I don't think it was ever much of a problem. But then, I do well with just about all the Suave I've tried.

xrosiex
March 27th, 2008, 04:57 PM
I dont have a favorite yet. I'm still looking. But I do like Dove intense therapy. I dilute it 10 parts water to 1 part shampoo. But I'm not quite happy with it either.:shrug:

rymorg2
March 28th, 2008, 05:34 AM
My new fave is a brand new one just out from Paul Mitchell....Lavendar mint.....my hair LOVES it.....