PDA

View Full Version : Question for those who S&D

ALenee
January 11th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Can S&D'ing too much actually cause you to lose length? I have been doing it every couple days, usually if I spot a split. How often is too often? :confused:

Thanks!

jojo
January 11th, 2009, 05:03 PM
Some people spend 10-15 mintes each day, me I do an hour or two a month!

Did one today however and it took me only 10 minutes, hardly any splits this month!

I see no decrease in length by doing this but I only cut the actual split off, some cut like - this much above.

Friesiangirl
January 11th, 2009, 05:48 PM
Sometimes if I cut an entire chunk out, yes. But just single strands, rarely. Especially since my hair is a wavy mess, so mess-ups hide easily.

Hayley

JamieLeigh
January 11th, 2009, 06:03 PM
You'll find yourself having to do it less and less, once you've established the care routine that works best for your hair. (This can take months, even years, because there is no ONE way that works best for EVERYONE!) But just trimming the split off of a few separate strands of hair will not cause you to sacrifice your length...Now letting them grow un-S&D'd will, and you will end up having to cut more off of it in the long run, if you're a trimmer!

logica_divina
January 12th, 2009, 02:09 AM
Yes. Whatever works for you. However, you have to be careful as much as possible not to cut more then what needs to be cut ;)
Personally, I do it whenever I find time. Usually it's every day for a couple of minutes.

Igor
January 12th, 2009, 02:13 AM
The only way you can S&D “too much” is if you’re aiming for a blunt cut and its beginning to interfere with that :wink:
No seriously, I don’t think you can S&D too much. You’re not only removing a damaged end, you’re also making sure that healthy ends around it wont be tangled and damaged by the split end