PDA

View Full Version : Can I call this waist? (pics) And please hairtype me?

goldenwaves
January 10th, 2009, 06:17 PM
OK, so these pics were taken a couple of days ago, after CO, and air drying.

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll106/jess2707_album/mycurlssmall.jpg

My hair obviously does not look waist in the above pic, but below the very ends (I have taper/old layers) do look waist length when pulled straight!

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll106/jess2707_album/mycurlsstretchedsmall.jpg

Also, the other day I straightened my hair for the first time in months (please do not berate me for this!). Here is a pic. It looks about waist length...I think?

http://i286.photobucket.com/albums/ll106/jess2707_album/S6304346.jpg

So what do you think? Also, I've always had my hairtype as 2C, but now I'm wondering whether I should change it to 2C/3A.

I'd love your opinions! TIA!

30isthenewblack
January 10th, 2009, 06:18 PM
I think you have definitely reached waist when you pull it straight but you don't have too long to go to reach waist wavy you lucky thing! Your hair looks a bit long in your avatar but of course wavy hair jumps to all different lengths.

goldenwaves
January 10th, 2009, 06:38 PM
Thanks, and yes, it does have the tendency to do that!

SweetPea88
January 10th, 2009, 06:48 PM
I would say when pulled straight, yes you are at waist! I believe I see some loose spirals in there, so I'd say 2c/3a. Hey twin! :)

goldenwaves
January 10th, 2009, 09:00 PM
Thanks SweatPea88!

So many people have looked at this thread and not commented :( I feel unloved lol. Come on, I need more opinions! I don't want to call it waist if it's not!

invisiblebabe
January 10th, 2009, 09:21 PM
Yes, definitely waist length when straightened!

silkenblacksea
January 10th, 2009, 09:39 PM
Welcome to waist -pulled-straight!:bounce: I think you are a 2c/3a as well.
(Wishing I could show my waist-pulled-straight progress. )

serabelle
January 10th, 2009, 10:03 PM
Wow, your hair is gorgeous!

Debra83
January 10th, 2009, 10:06 PM
VERY nice!!!waist when straight, alllmmmmoossstttt when curly/wavy.....hmmmm, okayyyy call it waist!!!!!

Ryanne
January 11th, 2009, 03:06 AM
Very pretty hair!
It looks waist when it's straigtened, and almost waist when wavy.

Misha
January 11th, 2009, 04:05 AM
Lucky you! That's waist, congrats.

harpyangel
January 11th, 2009, 04:07 AM
I cannot WAIT until my hair is that long, it looks so lovely :) xxx

DecafJane
January 11th, 2009, 04:12 AM
Your hair looks so beautiful - congratulations. :)

I agree that it is clearly waist when straight, but just above when curly. You are lucky to have such lovely curls but not lose too much length.

cindy58
January 11th, 2009, 04:37 AM
It looks waist length to me when straightened. Your hair is very pretty, you have a great color!

eadwine
January 11th, 2009, 04:44 AM
When straightened yes it is waist.

Please don't do that again, I like it MUCH better when wavy.

Bianca
January 11th, 2009, 06:24 AM
OMG. I love your hair... So jealous :p

talecon
January 11th, 2009, 06:45 AM
your hair looks nice and healthy. I would call it waist and 2c/3a

deRosa
January 11th, 2009, 07:55 AM
I'd call it 2B. I have exactly the same hair - waves, texture, thickness and color. I just had a hair cut so mine is about four inches shorter than yours. On the naturallycurly.com forum they tend to use the typing system differently. A type 3A here would be a 2B there. I've seen it so many times. It's a little fascinating.

Looove your hair. Very shiny too!

Sissy
January 11th, 2009, 08:02 AM
I think....
waist length when straight
your hair type is 2C/3A
your hair is nice and shiny :)

darkwaves
January 11th, 2009, 08:23 AM
Looks like waist to me, too.

As for hair type, it looks like some definite spirals at the ends. I've read that some 3as don't develop spirals until their hair is longer, so maybe that's the path you are on.

What I'd suggest is that you do a member search for 3a/2c, and compare to see if your hair is as curly. (I know that's non-conclusive, but I'm not good at this!)

On the naturallycurly.com forum they tend to use the typing system differently. A type 3A here would be a 2B there. I've seen it so many times. It's a little fascinating. deRosa, I don't spend much time on the NCC forum, as I find the needs of longer hair to be different than curly hair alone... But I don't understand what you mean.

As far as I can see, the NCC typing explanation differs mainly in that it brings F/M/C into some of the numbering (so 2a would be finer than 2c, which TLHC doesn't say).

And the 3a description there is very different than the 2b description here... while the 3a on NCC is very close to 3a here.

I'd rate my hair 3a by both systems.

NCC: Type 3A, hair that is very loosely curled like Julia Robert's or Susan Sarandon's is usually very shiny with big curls. The shorter the hair, the straighter it gets. The longer the hair the more defined the curl.

TLHC: 3a - big, loose spiral curls.

Perhaps it's more a question of how some individuals rate themselves, than any variance in the hair typing systems? (Or... I don't really understand either system :confused: )

Heidi_234
January 11th, 2009, 09:08 AM
I'm 2c/3a. I'm definitely not as curly as 3a, but yet 2c hair appears to be less curly than mine. goldenwaves's hair air dries in much neater way than mine, and I really think it's looks like 2c (http://homepage.mac.com/annsofie.henriksson/hairtyping/PhotoAlbum22.html), IMHO.
But it's definitely waist straight! Congrats :flower:

viking_quest
January 11th, 2009, 09:22 AM
It's definitely waist when pulled straight. And you look more like a 2c/3a instead of a 2c.

Radulfr
January 11th, 2009, 09:39 AM
waist when straightened, 2-3 inches away when not straightened.

yogachic
January 11th, 2009, 09:58 AM
Yes, Waist pulled straight.

Just_Isabel
January 11th, 2009, 10:02 AM
I agree with waist when straight, but I think your hair is 2c (or it looks 2c to me in the pics you posted). :flower:

Xandergrammy
January 11th, 2009, 10:30 AM
I would definitely call that "waist". Congratulations!!!

Sorry, but I'm no good at hair typing.

lapushka
January 11th, 2009, 11:15 AM
Your hair is waist! Yay!
It looks to me to be 3a.

LilyMunster
January 11th, 2009, 11:18 AM
waist is at elbow, so in the straightened hair pix, definately waist.

aprilmay
January 11th, 2009, 03:25 PM
You have lovely curls!

GlassEyes
January 11th, 2009, 03:29 PM
2c/3a.Looks like you'd be 2c solidly if combed out, but I can see some spirals forming.

Your hair seems similar to Faepirate's and Curlsgirl's. As for waist, you're obviously there when pulled straight, but not there yet with waves.

Haith
January 11th, 2009, 03:31 PM
It is definately at waist when its straight. As for what to call it, that's up to you. If its your goal to have it at waist and curly, then you still have a bit to grow.

I definately see some spirals at the ends there, so I would say 2c/3a.

Ms. Hollywood
January 11th, 2009, 04:08 PM
I would say you are def. at waist length! Gorgeous curls btw!

deRosa
January 12th, 2009, 09:34 AM
Perhaps it's more a question of how some individuals rate themselves, than any variance in the hair typing systems? (Or... I don't really understand either system :confused: )

I agree the hair typing system is the same - you haven't misunderstood anything. We are talking differences in subjectivity.

Yes, there are some spirals in the end but the hair is flat on the top and that is means that it isn't in the 3's category. Maybe the rating is little different on naturally curly because it's only for the curly haired?

sandigirl
January 12th, 2009, 09:48 AM
Very nice!

patissegrietje
January 12th, 2009, 09:49 AM
It is definately at waist when its straight. As for what to call it, that's up to you. If its your goal to have it at waist and curly, then you still have a bit to grow.

I totally agree with Haith on the above.
Don't know anything about hairtyping though!

darkwaves
January 12th, 2009, 09:48 PM
the hair is flat on the top and that is means that it isn't in the 3's category. Maybe the rating is little different on naturally curly because it's only for the curly haired? Ah hah! It's the nature of flatness!

As I understand it, from the hair typing page on NCC, curlies can also be flattish on top... But the waves/curls, when they surface, will bounce out from the head, as opposed to going back and forth like braid waves. (Braid waves actually straighten my hair... I never understood waves going sideways till I tried them.)

I am starting to understand. Thanks!

And goldenwaves, I think you're likely closest to 2c for now -- but hair type really does change!

zen_oven
January 12th, 2009, 10:25 PM
Definitely waist when straightened, almost when wavy. Either way, gorgeous color!

inspiral
January 15th, 2009, 02:25 AM
your hair is beautiful!!! it sure looks waist length to me, but will probably take a little while longer to really look waist when curly. and you do look like a 2c/3a to me. such a pretty color! way to go on the length!:D

goldenwaves
February 2nd, 2009, 11:45 PM
Oh now I'm really confused as to whether it's 2C or 2C/3A! Looking and thinking about it again, I don't think it's quite curly enough for 3A so I wil leave it as 2C for now because 2C is defined as 'waves with some spiral curls' which I think is what I have. Either way, thanks for all the wonderful compliments and opinions :)

paper
February 3rd, 2009, 04:38 AM
Looks like waist to me! Very pretty too!

Congrats on reaching this milestone! :cheese:

brok3nwings
February 3rd, 2009, 07:09 AM
You have such a beautiful blonde colour girl! And your waves are just so romantic i must say! And yes your hair when straight is waist lenght ! i dont think that straightening your hair from time to time is a devil! :) eheh

Xi
February 3rd, 2009, 07:22 AM
Definitely waist... and beautiful, beautiful waves/curls! Of course you must do what you like about straightening... but I must say, your hair looks extra lovely in its natural condition.:flower:

kam984420
February 3rd, 2009, 05:26 PM
Looks waist length to me! Congrats!:cheese: