PDA

View Full Version : where was your hair this time last year.....

jojo
January 10th, 2009, 12:37 PM
and where is it now?

Did you achieve your hair goals in 2008?

I was just touching apl this time last year with 21.5" long hair, now a year and a dusting a month upto October 08 I am bsl and 26" long at last measure.

Share your stories please. I think this will be very encouraging to us wanna be long hairs:)

vampodrama
January 10th, 2009, 12:48 PM
my memory isn't worth crap, but I suspect my hair was still attached to my head a year ago.... :D

ok, snarkiness aside, my hair was about 22 inches or so. I'm about 26,5 now, but I've had a few trims (at the hairdresser where they are not familiar with the length of one centimeter, sadly...)

LilyMunster
January 10th, 2009, 12:50 PM
My hair was 35 inches this time last year.
Now at 36 inches.
I trimmed out all of the new growth, save an inch.
Gained horizontal volume to length, as well as over an inch in circumference at crown pony.
Yes, attained my goal for last year, and the year before, - improve texture and thickness.
I attribute the thickening to
going slower when inserting/removing hairtoys
soy protein daily drink
suppliments (used Bargello's as guide)
scalp massage w soft bbb.

My goal this year is same. Holding at TB to thicken hemline.

LutraLutra
January 10th, 2009, 12:53 PM
This time last year my pixie had grown to ear-length with razored ends that looked like a dog had chewed them. I didn't think about where I wanted to be in a year, I just knew I wanted 'longer'.

Now I can pull most of my hair up into a high, low or medium ponytail. Every time I put my hair up I think OMG I have a ponytail, a real ponytail. By next January, fingers crossed, I want to have reached APL. Oh, and I want to be able to make a bun, even if it's only a tiny one. :D

NebraskaChick84
January 10th, 2009, 12:58 PM
this time last year my hair was just starting to tickle my elbows. I was considering not cutting this time but I really wanted to be rid of that awful coloring.

goals for this year include growing my hair healthy! I also would like to be rid of the layers...

harpyangel
January 10th, 2009, 01:01 PM
Mine was in a chin length bob, longer at the front than at the back. Now it's a couple of inches past shoulders, hoping it will be bsl by this time next year :) xxx

Haith
January 10th, 2009, 01:02 PM
This time last year, I was just joining LHC.
My hair was BSL and in pretty good condition because it had never been dyed and I had cut out heat styling. My goal was to grow it to waist length last year, which I did, and to improve my texture and thickness by being more gentle with my tresses. My hair is thicker and softer (and longer!) than it has ever been in my life now.
A major goal of mine was also to become more conscious of the products I was using in my haircare routine, and I have gone sulphate and cone free since last year.

My goal this year is to maintain at waist, maybe grow to hip, but definately thicken up my hem line. I am also going to continue with the sulphate/cone free routine because its just wonderful! Viva la LHC!

Fluke
January 10th, 2009, 01:02 PM
One year ago I was well on my way to one-length shoulder length hair, in March I had two "main" layers, longest at shoulder and shorter front layer at jaw. I'd been growing out from super short then too, for 1 year.
Right now I could kick myself for cutting it super short and maintaining that style again some time this summer, but I missed my short hair style and had great fun with it until I wanted to grow again.
I'd have been past APL by now if I hadn't cut it.. :)

girlcat36
January 10th, 2009, 01:28 PM
I was exactly where you were, jojo--21.5 inches. You have far surpassed me, though, I am only now at 23.5 inches. I had to trim along the way, it was entirely necessary.
So while there was no appreciable length gained, I did gain an inch in ponytail circumference.
Silly me! I thought last January that I would be BSL by July 08!
Hope to definately be BSL by July 09. If not---I throw in the towel and shave my head! :p

January 2008
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd63/girlcat36/janhair3.jpg

jojo
January 10th, 2009, 01:42 PM
Fluke oh dear throw the scissors out and sit on your hands! btw your siggi makes me giggle every time i see it! you will get there. you enjoyed your hair in 2008 and thats all what matters!

girlcat you have come on so far, you hair anorexic you! look how thick your hair has become!

Haith i am were you was last year and by hook or by crook I want your length by this time next year!

harpyangel yay way to grow, your doing good!

NebraskaChick84 new year healthy hair and its looking good too!

LutraLutra my hair was your length in Jan 07 your looking at apl by christmas and many new updos!

LilyMunster 36" wow! i trimmed all last year to get rid of a V hemline for a blunt one, glad I did!

vampodrama looks like we are a similar length too and glad your hair is on your head still:D hairy notrils/ toes are a very unattractive feature on a lady:D

suicides_eve
January 10th, 2009, 01:51 PM
i was in Mulletville:scared:... my hair was barely to my neck!!! So glad hair grows fast!

Peter
January 10th, 2009, 02:04 PM
The front was "can I call this shoulder length?" and the back was a few inches past that. Now I'm a bit past APL with healthier ends and overall much happier hair. The front is also catching up a bit to the back because of trims, but I'm not trimming again until 2010. I should have hit waist by then.

paper
January 10th, 2009, 05:24 PM
:hmm: This time last year, I was at chin length, with layers. I am now at 20" all layers gone in the back. :cheese: I am shooting for APL, and then maybe by this time next year, I'll be at BSL!

tigerlily83
January 10th, 2009, 05:27 PM
I was just beginning posting here at LHC, and I had very short hair. I was starting to grow out my inverted bob. I'm actually about to make a One Year at LHC anniversary post in a few days. :)

By next year I will definitely be past BSL I estimate and close to waist!

smilinjenn71
January 10th, 2009, 05:55 PM
I just started growing out a pixie in July. It's gone from 1 1/2" to 5" in a little less than 6 mos. Headed to shoulder... then APL in '09. Dunno if I'll make APL by Dec though, we'll see.:p

dancingmegs
January 10th, 2009, 09:18 PM
My hair was almost exactly where it is now- 45 inches, or just below classic. I've been maintaining there for quite a while. My profile picture was taken in September of 2007, and my hair looks just the same now!

spidermom
January 10th, 2009, 09:34 PM
My hair was at hip level, where I maintained it until July 18, 2008, to get rid of a huge crop of split ends. Since I had it cut back so much (at least 5 inches), I've been doing a 1 year/no trim with S&D only and am now at tailbone. Six more months to go.

velvetcat
January 10th, 2009, 10:41 PM
I was at 35.5 inches, having just trimmed off 2 inches, and was around hip length.

I'm now at 39.5 inches, slowly making my way down my rear.
I trimmed less frequently this year than I did in the past but trimmed more in that one trim than I normally do in a whole year.
According to my charts, since I've kept track in 2005, I average around 6 inches of growth in a year, but trim off an inch or two and show about 4.5 inches a year. Last year was only 3.5 due to massive trim.

This year I'm going to try to S&D more, and trim much less. I really hope to see classic (or really really close to it) by this time next year, where I will maintain for a while. My ultimate goal is mid-thigh, but I'd like to thicken the hemline a bit and see some of that new growth make its way down.
I will have my wedding renewal (yay!) May 1, 2010, and plan to see my hair as classic in my gown.

I'd like to do more scalp massage to see if I can increase growth.
I'm also going back to Robert Craig hair color, due to seeing massive breakage around the hairline, all the way around. I see the hair start to grow out a bit, then notice within days of dying, it's short again.
So, we'll see how this year goes :)

Friesiangirl
January 10th, 2009, 10:50 PM
My hair was ear-length. It was hard times, very hard times.

It's 3'' - 5'' away from APL now. It's about 1'' or so past shoulder, and it's getting thicker actually. I have really picked up my life and moved away from stress so my body is much happier.

Hayley

DiyaC
January 10th, 2009, 10:56 PM
I was at shoulder-length. My hair is now touching the top of my bra strap. I thought I could achieve BSL by july 08 but it was not to be. Didn't account for stalls and trims.

chloeishere
January 10th, 2009, 11:07 PM
How about some visual aids?
Last year, I think I was around 18" or so. Maybe a bit more? I don't know how long my hair is now(I haven't done an accurate measure since October, my anniversary-- I trimmed off an inch a while after that, and I haven't measured since. I just measured at about 24.25", but as it was dry, it's probably waaay off). It's about an inch from BSL, dry. It is BSL in some bras, but they don't count.
January 20th 2008 to January 7th, 2009
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/chloeishere/IMG_2389c.jpghttp://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/chloeishere/IMG_5708c.jpg

I can't believe how short it was back then! That was such an unpleasant length. :p

HairColoredHair
January 10th, 2009, 11:22 PM
... http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a192/ForensicVette/hairfullcomparison.jpg

Or thereabouts.

Medievalhair
January 10th, 2009, 11:35 PM
I was at shoulder length heading towards APL. I'm now at BSL. After a couple trims last year.

DecafJane
January 10th, 2009, 11:51 PM
This was me on the fifth of January last year:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3107/2630263634_e75f6410b5_m.jpg

My length today is in my signature. I'm pretty thrilled with the difference. :)

Unnamed
January 10th, 2009, 11:57 PM
I don't feel mine's changed much. Like 2007, it was spent working on traversing thigh (and most of 2006, as reached classic in Feb of 06); just a bit longer. :lol:

2008 was boring. Really boring.

Hair grew from 46.25" (a tiny bit past mid-thigh), to 51" (low thigh; about 3"? above knee). So it didn't hit any new length milestones. Evil long legs. Also reached/passed a couple of 'neat' numbers: 48" and 50", and got out of the 40s.

Oh, and hair shed again a couple of times (I lost an inch of growth one month! ack, but cool, still almost got 5"!), so it got a bit thinner in the second half of the year. Health finally bottomed out in the last half of 2007, and 2008 was spent trying to deal with that (and is behind the shedding, and probably affecting hair in other ways). Still working on that, but I hope 2009 will be a bit better.

jojo
January 11th, 2009, 12:34 AM
visuals are good heres mine from Feb when I was 22"
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/02032008.jpg

my recent is in my siggi!

snowbear
January 11th, 2009, 01:17 AM
It was on my head, stuck to my shower walls, and wound around the vacuum.

*checks*

Yup, still there. :lol:

(In all seriousness, it went from waistish to below TB. That's ~32" to ~40", excluding trims.)

Masara
January 11th, 2009, 01:30 AM
This time last year, I could finally get all of my hair behind my shoulder. I was at 20 inches.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/masara/hair/growth/th_20-07-01-08.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v108/masara/hair/growth/?action=view&current=20-07-01-08.jpg)

My goals for 2008 were to get to BSL which I did and gain thickness if possible. I didn't manage that; I had quite a lot of shedding in the autumn wich made my ends a bit straggly. I'm at about 26 inches.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v108/masara/hair/growth/th_P1010036.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v108/masara/hair/growth/?action=view&current=P1010036.jpg)

My goals for 2009. To get to waist and to gradually trim off the straggly ends.

Celtica
January 11th, 2009, 04:02 AM
Around 28in/Waist...I remember being disappointed that my hair hadn't made 30in for Xmas 07(which would have been 1in/month). Now it's 34in/Tailbone, so I guess I'm happy...although i won't lie that I don't wish it'd grow faster:p

jojo
January 11th, 2009, 04:16 AM
It was on my head, stuck to my shower walls, and wound around the vacuum.

*checks*

Yup, still there. :lol:

(In all seriousness, it went from waistish to below TB. That's ~32" to ~40", excluding trims.) LOL! your funny oh hairy one!:D

Rita
January 11th, 2009, 04:40 AM
A year ago:

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/3809/22122007da9.jpg

This year:

http://img83.imageshack.us/img83/9118/01012009kleinsd6.jpg

Misha
January 11th, 2009, 05:03 AM
This time last year I was probably around 21 inches. I wasn't measuring at the time, started that later in the year. As of the beggining of Jan-09, 22.75. Not much length gain because I had at least 3 good hair cuts, but at least now all of the layers are gone and it's a great place to grow from with SDs.

viking_quest
January 11th, 2009, 10:26 AM
Since I can't figure measuring my hair for the life of me, I'll go by body parts. I had shoulder length hair but it had three long layers. I cut the bottommost layer up to my chin and now I'm at barely past collarbone length. I didn't really have a hair goal last year but this year I'm hoping to reach BSL and hopefully Mid-back by December.

Juneii
January 11th, 2009, 10:36 AM
Last year my hair was about the same length but was being fried witihin an inch of its poor life >__<

SafoByMengin
January 11th, 2009, 10:53 AM
My hair was near APL when curly last year. Now it's definitely APL. It doesn't mean that it didn't grow - no. But I had to cut it all in April. My longest layers was chin-length. After 9 months I'm clearly APL. It's not my length goal, because I want to hit waist or hip - I don't know. But definitely my hair is healthy, shiny and finally looks good. I can growing it without trimming and spending money on expensive but non-working products.

PurpleAshes
January 11th, 2009, 10:57 AM
Rita, your hair has grown so much! :O

harpyangel
January 11th, 2009, 11:30 AM
harpyangel yay way to grow, your doing good!

Thanks jojo :)

Angelina xxx

JamieLeigh
January 11th, 2009, 07:48 PM
Sitting solidly at the top of my vertical smile, LOL. I had maintained it there until summer of '08, when my bangs, which I had been growing out for AGES, finally caught up with everything else. :D

sandigirl
January 11th, 2009, 09:12 PM
My hair was down to my butt, very thick, lots of blonde highlights, and great condition. I started having problems with tangling so I trimmed it up to my bra strap. It's much easier now to comb/brush out but I miss reaching behind and grabbing the end of my ponytail.

dalriada-lady
January 11th, 2009, 09:56 PM
I was at (22 in.) BSL with alot of side layers growing. i got to 1 inch from waist ( 26 Inches.) by dec. 08 but due to alot of natural tangle layers i decided to start over and i am again at top of BSL (22 inches.) found a great routine and a wonderful set of products which i am sticking to this 2009 and hopefully i will be back at 26 inches by december 2009. with some trimming every 3-4 months to keep damage away.

Hopefully this time my hemline will grow more even and less tangled. plus i did let go of my prior routine of 3 months of no cones. i went back to heavy cones and loving it. my hair feels thicker and softer and is much less tangled.

zen_oven
January 11th, 2009, 10:02 PM
Oh, gah. I don't remember. I think it was around shoulder length, maybe just brushing my shoulders. My last cut before that was in July, 2007, and I'd had it cut to just below chin level.

KnightsLady
January 12th, 2009, 12:41 AM
Dec 07
Armpit length

Dec 80
Bottom of BS

Not much growth, because I'm constantly at it with the scissors. Have to hide the d*mn things this year. :o

GoldenBreeze
January 12th, 2009, 03:06 AM
I'm not 100% certain, but I think..........

Jan 08 I had 1 - 1 1/2" to go before reaching BSL.

Jan 09 i was MBL (bottom of bra), I trimmed 2 ins.

I'm now at the top of bra, so I've only gained 1 1/2"

Addy
January 12th, 2009, 06:25 AM
I had a TON of layers in January 08 with length just a tad past my shoulders I believe.

Now my hair is nearly one length at APL! :joy:

RavennaNight
January 12th, 2009, 06:54 AM
A year ago I was at APL, Ironing & chemically dyeing my hair every 3-4 weeks.:bigeyes: right now, I'm somewhere between BSL & waist, planning to reach waist by late spring/early summer. No more heat. Loving coconut oil. Using hennindigo. S&D every now and again. Occasional trim in accordance with the farmers almanac. Hair is happy.

jivete
January 13th, 2009, 11:33 AM
1 year ago, I was still dyeing, had asked for a chi for my birthday (in feb) and washing with cone-filled shampoo and conditioner everyday. I attached pictures that, while not quite 1 year apart, show the difference.

Late Feb 08-1.5weeks after discovering no poo. The wave is just starting to come through.
http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee322/jivete/LHC/15weekhair.jpg

Dec 10, 2008- slightly dirty hair
http://i532.photobucket.com/albums/ee322/jivete/LHC/HPIM1988.jpg

Much happier with the condition/length. The color's a little weird, but I'm living with it and trying to be natural.

RocketDog
January 13th, 2009, 11:40 AM
last January I started to 'wean' myself off of getting a dyejob and a 1/2" trim every 8 weeks. My hair was just hitting chin in the front, and we were still using clippers to tidy up the back of my neck.

Now I'm past shoulder length, heading to APL, haven't dyed my hair since April and haven't trimmed it since August - although I do need a trim, badly - and I'm well on my way to my next goal of BSL! I'm loving jojoba oil, CO-washing, honey conditioning and lightening, and I've rediscovered claw clips.

Eden Iris
January 13th, 2009, 01:42 PM
I think I was about 22" and just able to do some simple buns with one stick and a couple of Amish pins. I had no concrete goals, just to let it grow, and that I did. Now it's about an inch from waist if I pull it straight, but I think I'm going to have to cut about 2 inches off because I am getting the dread velcro ends. Length doesn't matter to me as much as thickening up the ends and making the few remaining layers go away.

Saoirse
January 13th, 2009, 02:07 PM
Hm... My hair was almost mid-thigh last year.

Now it's waist-length. Whoopsies :twisted:

lora410
January 13th, 2009, 02:53 PM
I had to look at my photo album to see :rolleyes: I was about APL this time last year.

I had hoped to reach waist last year, but alas I am in a stinking slow growth stall as usual for this time of year. I know I shall reach waist this year (manical laughter)

jel
January 13th, 2009, 03:15 PM
I think I was nearing waist (very impatiently!). Here's a pic from January 2008:

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c131/jel_sher/jan08.jpg

My siggy is 2.5 months old but I haven't got a more recent pic. The tips of the V have now reached hip.

For 2009 I'm hoping to achieve my ultimate goal - tailbone - and maintain there.

Tap Dancer
January 13th, 2009, 07:23 PM
My hair was about the same length, but it was very layered and I was just starting to grow my bangs out. Now my hair is all one length. Did I reach my goal? Yes! :) The main thing for me was to eventually lose the layers and the bangs. I'm not going to cut in 2009.

Robinlyn
January 13th, 2009, 08:13 PM
My hair was a little past my shoulders last year. Now I'm about 1 inch away from BSL!! I think my growth slows in the winter!!

eaglefeather71
January 13th, 2009, 08:24 PM
I was at ears in the back and chin in the front. Now I'm at APL on my way as fast as possible to BSL and then to waist. I don't know if I can do it, but I want waist by this time next year.

goodluckcharm
January 13th, 2009, 08:24 PM
This time last year I had a chin length bob.
Now, my hair is two inches below my collarbone. This was with overzealous trims. I'm hoping APL (or below!!!) by this time next year.

*Pats hair and asks it nicely to grow*

AJoifulNoise
January 13th, 2009, 08:55 PM
January 2008:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2009/hair005.jpg

January 2009:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2009/January062009Upload009.jpg

I didn't have a goal or a thought of where I'd be in a year. I had no idea that I'd cut back to mid-back in July 2008. But, I'm happy to see that I'm nearly back where I was this time last year only with even healthier hair (only a few inches left of the box-dye) and a blunter hemline.

Thank you for making me take this look. My hair has improved in a years time and it's onward and down-ward from here! :D

rapunzhell13
January 13th, 2009, 09:03 PM
My hair was pixie short! Wow, I really have come a long way. I need to remind myself of this every single day. This time next year I hope to be APL, at LEAST!

RedFrizz
February 6th, 2009, 01:45 PM
I finally managed to recharge my camera's battery (yep, I can be surprisingly lazy..) and was able to really compare my hair now and my hair then:

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff117/Radish_photo/IMG_0403.jpg
January 2008

http://i241.photobucket.com/albums/ff117/Radish_photo/IMG_1046.jpg
February 2009

..trying to get through a serious BHD in this last photo (which was taken earlier today); due to winter my hair doesn't curl as much as I'd like and it gets all frizzy and static. But it has grown much more than I anticipated in a year and I'm happy about that.

Copasetic
February 6th, 2009, 01:54 PM
My hair was a shoulder length ball of fuzz. It is now about APL and it actually curls! The condition is so much better now than it was a year ago.

elbow chic
February 6th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Just past my chin. Now it's APL!!!

RancheroTheBee
February 6th, 2009, 02:02 PM
Well, it was about 3 inches long in the longest spots, and to the scalp in the back. Now it's about 7.5 in the longest and about 3 inches in the shortest spots. (I've had a trimming problem. -_-; Normally, I average a growth of about 7.5 in the whole year.)

Morag
February 6th, 2009, 02:03 PM
Hi Jojo!

I started at about 22 inches last year, which was just below the tops of my shoulders. I don't think it's been a whole year yet for me, but I'm now at APL. Yay, me! That's longer than I've ever grown it before! I am very, very happy, and I "blame" LHC for everything! :inlove:

My plan for the next year (and maybe a couple more years after that) is to hold the ends at APL while the eight inches worth of layering catch up, and to continue working on health and thickness.

bte
February 6th, 2009, 03:01 PM
I have been at terminal length for about 9 or 10 years, so length is the same as a year ago. However, I have gained a bit of thickness over the last year or so after I stopped brushing (finger combing only).

My goal for 2008 was to go to a meet, and I managed two, which were both great fun. For 2009, I'd like to have a repeat of 2008, although better weather for the summer would be a bonus.

Great thread!

Wanderlust
February 6th, 2009, 03:13 PM
Last year around this time my hair was just hitting shoulder length, was dyed blonde, and was in awful condition. I could run my fingers through the 3" or so of hair closest to the scalp, but the 6" after that would stick together all the way down.

Now my hair is about 1/2" below APL, mostly the same color throughout, MUCH thicker, and I can run my fingers through my hair until the last 2."

I'm very surprised and happy with how my hair has improved over the past year! I have high hopes for 2009!:bounce:

CopperHead
February 6th, 2009, 03:23 PM
I had chopped to a little below BSL this time last year and now it is almost tailbone again. :cheese: I still don't know why I did that. :o

AmandaPanda
February 6th, 2009, 03:29 PM
January 13, 2008 - 35.5"
http://rktunw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1pXJPDZ1aRM8RbrMYTS1Pb80ola7Mw2FkXhHufMyJ93b1Fg3X EIZhddSEZjHl1p_xIvApzmIcYFmA/DSCN7893.JPG

I don't have a "now" (February) picture yet, but this is December 26, 2008 - about 39.5" (it's about the same anyway)
http://rktunw.blu.livefilestore.com/y1ptcf-BCJQ8AoB3ZXbdkmUQrA17pnL-EErkvUkaqkouHhXPaoRw4wnPQMfilEXX5r5WSjyZnGdrIc/P1010156.JPG

You can see I'm getting rid of the "U" shape

Kiraela
February 6th, 2009, 05:31 PM
I was at barely hip, so maybe 32", as of february '08. I've been maintaining at tailbone since September, so roughly 35-36" (although I'm considerably shorter, maybe 33-34", after a massive trim in the middle of january, which I needed desperately - My hair is worlds better)... I think I achieved my goals, of reaching 3ft of hair, and then maintaining to get rid of damaged, colored, funky ends. Goals for this year include one more trim sometime around the middle of March, and then letting it grow! I decided that maintaining here for a full year was just too much... expecially after that last trim finally did what I was hoping for - making my ends soft and silky again.

HairyCarrie
February 6th, 2009, 05:51 PM
One year ago I was still getting a buzz cut on the lower back half of my hair, and the rest was about 2-3" long. Barely any sideburns and booooooooooring as heck. I wasn't even thinking of growing my hair out at that time.

Today it is 17" long and looks like:

http://pic16.picturetrail.com/VOL655/2418900/20021288/353934434.jpg

WritingPrincess
February 6th, 2009, 06:07 PM
My hair was just shy of "LHC tailbone" and now my hair is slightly past the real spot where my tailbone ends/halfway to classic.

LadyEliza
February 6th, 2009, 06:56 PM
This was me on the fifth of January last year:
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3107/2630263634_e75f6410b5_m.jpg

My length today is in my signature. I'm pretty thrilled with the difference. :)

I'm the same as you! A bit curlier, but that's how much growth I got. :)

Race you to waist?

:)

Emichiee
February 6th, 2009, 07:18 PM
This is the closest comparison to a year ago I have:

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/NAGAI-KAMI/Emi/dez07.jpghttp://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh98/NAGAI-KAMI/Emi/IMG_0867-2-1.jpg

I spent 3/4 of that year trimming away..so not much length gain sorry..went from midbutt to just classic.
But my ends evened up a bit, less layers..all in all I'm satisfied :)

aprilmay
February 6th, 2009, 08:50 PM
I had only one gray hair that I was aware of. Now I have at least 4 or 5. Length is a little longer.

darkwaves
February 6th, 2009, 10:43 PM
Good question!

From my photos, I'd say it was a clear BSL dry -- long and curly.

Now, I'd say it's almost waist dry -- long and curly. (But wet? Much, much longer.)

Angellen
February 7th, 2009, 01:17 AM
Last year at this time I was solidly at waist-length, one year later I am around an inch past tailbone length. :D

hopefullylisa
February 7th, 2009, 02:38 AM
I've only had one or two trims since this time last year but it looks like my hair has gotten shorter rather than longer!
Last year:
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn169/hopefullylisa/IMG_07002-1.jpg
This year:
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn169/hopefullylisa/img_47392-1.jpg

Yedda
February 7th, 2009, 04:27 AM
visuals are good heres mine from Feb when I was 22"
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/02032008.jpg

my recent is in my siggi!

What an improvement in length and health. Very encouraging for me, jojo:D

rymorg2
February 7th, 2009, 06:33 AM
GAH jojo, I was at 25" this time last year, almost 26"!!!!

I miss it. I don't regret cutting when I did, since I had those horrid headaches, but now knowing WHY I had them (not my hair like I thought) I can avoid the causes. So back to the growing board....I'll be there again, possibly by the end of the year if I can avoid cutting.

HildeMV
February 7th, 2009, 06:58 AM
Oh last fall I had a fringe, now that hair is almost shoulder length.

HotRag
February 7th, 2009, 07:00 AM
Oh, I don't know. I wasn't growing then. I think it was somewhere between APL and BSL. Maybe nearer BSL than APL.

going gray
February 7th, 2009, 08:30 AM
My hair was right about 18" with lots of layers & since I've had 2 light trims, quality over quantity!

neon-dream
February 7th, 2009, 08:45 AM
My hairs in much better condition than it was this time last year, I straightened it constantly :(.
So it grows much faster these days too, and I don't straighten at all :)!

Carolyn
February 7th, 2009, 08:45 AM
This time last year I'd reached my goal of 40". I trimmed off a total of 9+" over the year and am now back at 37 3/4". I trimmed as I wanted to work on a thicker better hemline. I've discovered my hair thins out at around waist length even if I trim it. I'm on my way back to 40" but will probably go back to around waist again eventually.

jojo
April 9th, 2011, 09:17 PM
Thought id bump this old thread up, its quite strange seeing how short my hair was but I did like the thicker hemline!

So anybody in to re-start this thread?

Well in April 2010 I was 28" and I am now 30" but I have trimmed to get rid of scraggy ends and hope by this time next year to get to 34" which is hip length.

Anybody else joining in?

Miss Catrina
April 9th, 2011, 09:33 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2ed8is4.jpg

About a year ago....

And a week ago!

http://i56.tinypic.com/j74784.jpg

Jenn of Pence
April 9th, 2011, 09:43 PM
Actually, tomorrow is the one-year anniversary of my "big chop." It wasn't that big in terms of length lost or final length; I only got about two inches off and it landed me at just past APL. But that was two inches in addition to another three I'd had trimmed off in the previous five months, totaling up to the shortest my hair had been since maybe junior high. It was quite traumatizing, but it finally got my attention as to how poorly I understood my hair and how bad I had been treating it all these years...and I wondered why I never achieved lengths longer than mid-back! So, the past year has been one gigantic learning experience. Now my hair has gone from dried and fried at about 23" to long and strong at 28". My life-long dreams of super-long hair is now finally within reach!

LittleOrca
April 9th, 2011, 09:52 PM
This was my hair (and body) a year ago:.............................................. ...............................................Thi s is now:
http://www.untamedtresses.com/members/littleorca-1655/albums/length-shots-progress/1507-my-hair-may-2010-i-still-am-unhappy-about-loss-thickness-hair-i-have-gone-through.jpg http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long&#37;20Hair%20Gallery/April2011Hair-1.jpg

You can see that the natural hair is longer, and the ends would be as well but I just had them trimmed.

ETA: Fixed a pic... I hope. :)

BlueCanary
April 9th, 2011, 10:06 PM
My last trim was July 09, to about tailbone, so it was just about at classic this time last year. It's fingertip at the moment, but I think I'm going to trim it to give it a nice U hemline at classic and go from there for another couple of years.

vdhendrix
April 9th, 2011, 10:09 PM
i was between hip length and tailbone length, now im just above classic length, ive also trimmed off about 5 inches in between then and now

Qamar
April 9th, 2011, 10:41 PM
My hair was at 30" a year ago and grew nine inches this year. I trimmed off an inch a month ago and now am approaching classic. I'm expecting to reach classic in the next 3-4 months.

Lisa R
April 10th, 2011, 01:03 AM
LittleOrca- would love to see the 'Now' pic but it doesn't seem to be there.

Well, here is a pick up my hair around this time last year. Still had the pregnancy thickness. Wish it stayed!! Also, an 8wash hairdye in. Washes out easily and isn't permanent.
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q318/dandlroberts/March20104.jpg

Here is a pic of my hair a few weeks ago. It normally has a bit of a slight wave but I lightly blowdried it for a better length shot!
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q318/dandlroberts/March11th20115.jpg

LittleOrca
April 10th, 2011, 01:16 AM
LittleOrca- would love to see the 'Now' pic but it doesn't seem to be there.

I hoped I fixed it, It was showing up on my screen just fine. Silly, photobucket. Your hair is making great progress, by the way. :)

Lisa R
April 10th, 2011, 01:21 AM
Hi LittleOrca, sorry photobucket is playing up on you. Thanks for the encouragement!!

jojo
April 10th, 2011, 01:29 PM
Thought id bump this old thread up, its quite strange seeing how short my hair was but I did like the thicker hemline!

So anybody in to re-start this thread?

Well in April 2010 I was 28" and I am now 30" but I have trimmed to get rid of scraggy ends and hope by this time next year to get to 34" which is hip length.

Anybody else joining in?

I am actually 29" again after a self trim to get rid of nasty ends!

jojo
April 10th, 2011, 01:30 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/2ed8is4.jpg

About a year ago....

And a week ago!

http://i56.tinypic.com/j74784.jpg

wow thats impressive......way to grow!

jojo
April 10th, 2011, 01:32 PM
This was my hair (and body) a year ago:.............................................. ...............................................Thi s is now:
http://www.untamedtresses.com/members/littleorca-1655/albums/length-shots-progress/1507-my-hair-may-2010-i-still-am-unhappy-about-loss-thickness-hair-i-have-gone-through.jpg http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff176/Little_Orca/Long%20Hair%20Gallery/April2011Hair-1.jpg

You can see that the natural hair is longer, and the ends would be as well but I just had them trimmed.

ETA: Fixed a pic... I hope. :)

you have gained and lost in the right places, you and your hair are looking beautiful x

jojo
April 10th, 2011, 01:34 PM
You have all grown so much, just goes to show a year brings such changes!

ingvild
April 10th, 2011, 01:42 PM
I'm not *exactly* sure when this picture is from - either April or May, - shoulder length as you can see! And my shortest layer has just reached jaw.

http://www.longhaircommunity.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=6780&pictureid=90147

This is from Friday - not the best picture to see length, as some is a bit scrunched up and the rest disappeares :p I'm off taking pictures of length until June anyway :o

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5310/5600120417_83e60690fb_m.jpg (http://www.flickr.com/photos/pingvingvild/5600120417/)

Yay for hair that grows. I hope to reach BSL by June. By April next year I hope to be rid of most of the layers and on my way to waist length!

bondeandeebowl
April 10th, 2011, 01:58 PM
http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-snc3/26052_385584416337_504706337_4399824_7421770_n.jpg

Pardon the cigar. This was almost exactly a year ago. I cut it two or three times after this before deciding to grow it in September!

ArienEllariel
April 10th, 2011, 04:43 PM
I was somewhere slightly above APL from what I remember. Now I'm at BSL.

wvgemini
April 10th, 2011, 05:22 PM
Mine was in a chin length bob. Stacked so it was longer in the front. Now it is between shoulder length and APL. I'm hoping to reach APL by my birthday :)

Qwackie
April 10th, 2011, 05:36 PM
Waist then, shoulder now. D:

skyblue
April 10th, 2011, 05:43 PM
This time last year my hair was just under waist maybe a little longer, it was closer to fall that I noticed it was almost hip length, I'm holding at tb but hoping to gain 2 maybe 3 inches before fall, then maintain there until my next growing season...I seem to stall a lot when it's cold

heidi.maryke
April 10th, 2011, 05:54 PM
My hair was just below apl and it was bleached :s now it is 2-3 inches shorter than apl with alot of regrowth!

CathyEarnshaw
April 10th, 2011, 05:55 PM
Chin length asymetrical bob. Now it's a couple of inches below shoulders.

Quezie
April 10th, 2011, 06:39 PM
http://i54.tinypic.com/xc5h88.jpg

I miss the colour! But it was really damaging obviously, and hard to upkeep.

Between this time and June last year, I got my hair cut a lot, and then started officially growing it in July.
I haven't had a hair cut since then. :hmm:

anniebelle
April 10th, 2011, 07:22 PM
Shoulder length cut. :) Now it's BSL.

telegraph64
April 10th, 2011, 09:15 PM
Almost to full BSL (I call BSL at most hairs past or at the bottom of the strap), about to the middle of it, and of course, no different in "style" (bottom of eyebrow length bangs, straight across, and no layers).
Now, I am at full mid back length and progressing quickly! I did a micro-trim earlier today and have gotten rid of at least five split ends. :)

hina87
April 10th, 2011, 09:16 PM
I think it was approximately shoulder or below shoulder length and now it is past BSL..yay..I'm happy.:cheese:

sunshine-locks
April 10th, 2011, 09:24 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=5296&pictureid=69985

Uhm, my hair a year ago? I think this is how it was.. it's a bit longer now, although I'm wishing that i didn't dye it.. blonde was good on me :(

Edit: Urgh. Can any of you guys see the picture? If not, go to my hair album, it's the only light blonde hair picture.

Hotrox
April 10th, 2011, 09:40 PM
Jaw/chin length a year ago. Now it is just below my shoulders :D

virgo75
April 10th, 2011, 10:07 PM
Last year my hair was probably only a bit shorter than it is now.
It was around shoulder, gaining on APL.
Now it's basically APL but I keep trimming it. :rolleyes:

I wish someone would take my scissors from me. :(

schweedie
April 11th, 2011, 02:54 AM
The end of April last year, a little past APL:
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t262/schweedie/Hair/DSCN8029.jpg

And last month:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6095&pictureid=98244

I think I've had four small trims since the first picture (I get splits easily) so some of the length has been lost, but still!

jojo
May 9th, 2011, 09:13 PM
Chin length asymetrical bob. Now it's a couple of inches below shoulders.

wow thats really impressive!

jojo
May 9th, 2011, 09:14 PM
The end of April last year, a little past APL:
http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t262/schweedie/Hair/DSCN8029.jpg

And last month:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6095&pictureid=98244

I think I've had four small trims since the first picture (I get splits easily) so some of the length has been lost, but still!

my word you grow fast, i was apl like 3 years ago and still only creeping past waist, gee the LHC has some really fast growers!

Kristin
May 9th, 2011, 09:32 PM
I was at BSL last year and am at hip now. :)

MagicAndMayhem
May 9th, 2011, 09:43 PM
I was APL now I'm about BSL...I had a major cut in August, so that might be the reason for no growth :/

christine1989
May 9th, 2011, 09:46 PM
One year ago I had a shoulder length long bob and now my hair is almost at waist when wet :cheese:. This year I will make it to waist (when dry) for sure!

racrane
May 9th, 2011, 11:01 PM
My hair was the same length, but dry ends, didn't know how to care for it - but this time it's looking healthier. It's also on is way to APL. :)

jojo
May 9th, 2011, 11:50 PM
I was at BSL last year and am at hip now. :) oh my goodness how do you do it?

I was APL now I'm about BSL...I had a major cut in August, so that might be the reason for no growth :/ no major growth; that is excellent growth!

One year ago I had a shoulder length long bob and now my hair is almost at waist when wet :cheese:. This year I will make it to waist (when dry) for sure! I am just turning green with envy!

My hair was the same length, but dry ends, didn't know how to care for it - but this time it's looking healthier. It's also on is way to APL. :)
It gets better after apl and healthy hair is good!

what are all your secrets? my hair grows appallingly slow compared to you all, but well done all of you be it length or health that you have achieved!

Jomo
May 10th, 2011, 12:14 AM
This is a terrible picture, pre- hair oiling and bunning and all the lovely care tips I've picked up since length became a serious goal.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/jackthepumpkinhead/MAY2010.jpg

But about BSL, I think (my head is tipped forward a bit here). The year before at that time I was just above APL, and now I'm a good few inches past waist. PROGRESS! I do need a proper salon trim though to even up my ends, haven't had one since April 2009. I've done a self trim and lost about a cm as a result, but my hemline is still raggedy.

Automne
May 10th, 2011, 12:19 AM
I was not measuring at that time but I have noticed some growth thanks to pictures. When straight it was just bsl now it's a bit more than waist but with curls it's mbl. It's the average growth so I just need to be patient! Last year my goal was midback length when curly now I am there my new goal is at least hip. I hope I will be satisfied then.

ALYSSA
May 10th, 2011, 12:56 AM
my hair was about just above BSL i remeber i thought it was so long haha! how silly of my my hair is about waist im not sure where it is now haha i feel it is so short! can u tell me if thiss waist?

http://s1102.photobucket.com/albums/g441/ashleypaws/?action=view&current=0505011857a.jpg

Avital88
May 10th, 2011, 12:57 AM
1 year ago my hair was past BSL or just MBL, 26 inches but thinner and less healthy.Today my hair is at hip with 35 inches.
I hope that next year i'll be at classic and this summer i'll be at tailbone.(1.5inch to grow)

Avital88
May 10th, 2011, 01:01 AM
@ ALYSSA

Your hair is waist for sure even more than waist. I dont know your growthrate but you will reach Hip this summer already i think.Happy growing!

Tabihito
May 10th, 2011, 01:07 AM
Somewhere around or just barely squeaking past my shoulders. Which is what I have to keep reminding myself whenever I think my hair seems short still.

Dark Queen
May 10th, 2011, 01:09 AM
Mine was a few inches longer, but in bad shape. I guess I was in denial and didn't want to trim back those last few inches, hehe. It's much healthier now :)

NaiadOreiad
May 10th, 2011, 02:37 AM
My hair was barely brushing collarbone length. Now I am only a couple inches from bsl.

Springlets
May 10th, 2011, 03:32 AM
One year ago my hair was waist length (when straight) but in the most horrible brittle condition ever. A few months before I went crazy with dye, changing my hair color every week or so, then finally bleached it to blonde and used Sun-In on any new growth. About half of my hair was just dead- you could tell because it was straight as a stick and my natural hair texture is 3a/3b. But I just loved having long hair and so I covered up the damaged bits with a curling iron, making it all the worse.
You can see it pretty clearly here:

http://i809.photobucket.com/albums/zz17/Blaircorneliabass/30036_435210270599_606465599_6140991_5452909_n-2.jpg

I finally cut off the straight parts last August and my hair has gotten a lot better since then. Although unfortunately my hair was at its best in January, when I took my avatar pic. I unfortunately did some damage to it since then, but my hair will never be as bad as it was last summer, thank goodness!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=7734&pictureid=101353

tgagurl27
May 10th, 2011, 05:21 AM
i think mine was like mid back and i had some really short layers and now the layers are just starting to meet up

SpeakingEZ
May 10th, 2011, 05:47 AM
Longer, but incredibly damaged. I have a picture in my album of my hair from a year and two days ago. It's funny going through my pictures, every one except my first and last say in the caption that I just trimmed but won't need to again soon! I learned that I can't predict what my hair will need, only what it needs right now.

From the measurements I logged, it seems like I've trimmed off 8" of damage since that picture!! I'm upset that my hair is still short, but I know that it's getting longer every day and I'll be where I want in no time. I really can't believe the difference in health between my hair now and this time last year.

ashke50
May 10th, 2011, 06:04 AM
I trimmed my hair this time last year, and looking at photos it was just above BSL. I trimmed it again this year, and it is now an inch or two above waist. Going to do S&Ds, and hopefully won't need to trim much off next year, and my hair can be just above hip instead!

celebriangel
May 10th, 2011, 08:06 AM
I was at about collarbone length this time last year - maybe APL? Now I'm BSL. But I had 2 biiiig chops and one small one (that's a lot of cut). There was a small one to tidy up the layers, another to remove damaged ends and get close to removing the layers (but he put in more layers) and a final 2 inch cut to remove the stupid layers the hairdresser put it. Hell, I'd be most of the way to waist by now if I hadn't had those stupid cuts - I lost at least 4 inches.

Ah well. I've still seen about 4 inches of growth, even with curly hair, so that's encouraging :)

Jimothea
May 10th, 2011, 10:09 AM
Mine was about 3 inches shorter, bleached to platinmum blonde, razor-cut layers, heavy low bangs, characteristically styled stick straight into a huge poof--flat ironing, backteasing, spraying, and general maim-and-destroy tactics--a la political wife crossed with Snooki

*sigh*

And I wondered why it never seemed to grow...

elbow chic
May 10th, 2011, 10:14 AM
About here, maybe a little bit longer:

http://i1203.photobucket.com/albums/bb393/elbowchic/Hair/100_1488.jpg

I'd said I started at APL, but I'm not sure this cut WAS APL. Looks really short now. Maybe because the cut brought out a lot of wave and curl. I'd forgotten how wavy it can actually be!