PDA

View Full Version : Is there a length you're itching for because you want to do a certain style?

CurlyNinja
March 26th, 2008, 06:45 PM
Well, just like the title says! What style makes you wish you had those extra inches? It seems like a lot of people want to be a bit longer so they can do a neater figure-8 or an equilibrium bun.

Myself, I wish I had enough length to do a wrapped bun.

Meli
March 26th, 2008, 07:16 PM
Absolutely. I want hair long enough to wrap around my head braided. Either in a Heidi braids style with the braids crossed at the nape, or one single braid (false crown braid) wrapped around my head. I can do the Heidi braids already, but I think it would look neater if the braids were long enough to hide the ends behind the nape crossing. I estimate I would have to be well past tailbone to achieve this - as well as the false crown braid.

cassie_g
March 26th, 2008, 07:24 PM
Classic so I can do a figure 8/infinity bun.

jojo
March 26th, 2008, 08:01 PM
me too a number 8 bun, im over a year off achieving that *sniff sniff*

GlassEyes
March 26th, 2008, 08:03 PM
BSL. so I can do a proper herringbone braid. <3

They're my favorite braid.

DecafJane
March 26th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Around about APL, so I can start doing nice things with hair sticks!

Islandgrrl
March 26th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I'm longing for waist. It needs to be that long for me to do figure 8s. It's thick.

HairColoredHair
March 26th, 2008, 09:23 PM
Long enough that my braid wrapped about the head doesn't go so thin near the ends.

Kneeish or more, maybe.

Patrycja
March 26th, 2008, 09:25 PM
waist length so I can do a celtic bun decent

sweetkandi
March 26th, 2008, 09:33 PM
I want to get to waist for my wedding, but I doubt I will get to that by next spring or summer.

Catladyintown
March 26th, 2008, 09:35 PM
I would like to get to knee length so I can do a nice long thick braid.:)

eadwine
March 27th, 2008, 01:07 AM
Yes, longer, so I can do a fig8 that doesn't slide out right away :D

florenonite
March 27th, 2008, 03:04 AM
long enough to do an infinity bun, chinese bun and braided chinese bun

tiny_teesha
March 27th, 2008, 03:09 AM
Long enough to do hiedi braids and cool braids that intertwine with each other....like deanas half up braid she did onces.

Sarahmoon
March 27th, 2008, 03:18 AM
I would like to be able to wind my braid around my head completely :D Would classic be long enough for that?

Madam Librarian
March 27th, 2008, 06:22 AM
I am aiming for waist, but I might need to venture closer to hip to be able to do what I want.

I love figure eights and the rope braid bun. I'd also just like to have a nice fat cinnabun. :D

socks
March 27th, 2008, 06:27 AM
If you count "dragging on the floor" a style, then that's the style I'm aiming for. :D

Tabitha
March 27th, 2008, 07:29 AM
My goal is waist but the style I really, really want to be able to do is the KarenLynn knot. A couple of inches shy of waist now, and I'm still not there! I think my twin goals may end up coinciding.

At the moment I can just get a tiny tail through the knot, but it needs a good couple of inches more to make it look decent. I have layers so the tail is very tapered, but even if I didn't have layers, the tail would be too short and thick/stubby to be able to do it right.

atlantaz3
March 27th, 2008, 07:42 AM
Celtic Knot! grrr...
I even asked my dh to help me with this. He is an airline mechanic and does help with my hair, tucking in stray strands for french braids and what not. I explained what I wanted with the Celtic Knot - he goes and gets a very thick coat hanger and makes a hook on the end (promising not to hurt my hair). We make the loop and he's trying to pull hair through with the coat hanger - this should be a what not to do video. He got to work one time and then let my hair go - it promptly fell out - he thought it would stay by itself:rolleyes:! That was the one and only time:(. As thick as my hair is I think I need 2 or 3 more inches.

Feisty Redhead
March 27th, 2008, 07:44 AM
Whatever length I need to do a proper figure 8. My hair's so thick, even waist (which I am about an inch away from now) is not going to be long enough for it. My ultimate goal (for now) is hip anyway so maybe that'll work out well. :p

Bloodflower
March 27th, 2008, 08:11 AM
Not exactly what you were asking for, but sometimes I wish I was back at BSL, so I could make a nice french twist. I wasn't into updos when I was at that stage and now my hair is too long for it.

anna1850
March 27th, 2008, 11:08 AM
I too would like it long enough to wrap around my head. Like Yulia Tymoshenko.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/8/83/Yulia_Tymoshenko_press_conference.jpg/166px-Yulia_Tymoshenko_press_conference.jpg
I know hers is fake but it still looks good.

I had my hair tied in a plaited ponytail at the weekend and when I wrapped it round it got to the parting in my hair so I must be halfway there. I want it to start at the back, wrap around and then tuck back underneat. It's going to take ages but I think it would look good if I can get there.

Guenever
March 27th, 2008, 11:25 AM
I'd love to be able to make a beehive! Which, of course, would require a looooot of hair! Dunno - thigh? knee?

Medievalhair
March 27th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Knee length so I can do hedi braids(Leia braids), one of my favorite styles.

Cichelle
March 27th, 2008, 11:56 AM
I want to be able to do a very neat figure 8, which I cannot pull off right now, even past waist. I also want to be able to do better braided buns.

Isilme
March 27th, 2008, 12:36 PM
classic so I can indigo the part between tailbone and classic:) Also, a threeclover bun would be nice, the swirly bun too and many of the "pull hair trough loop and wrap around the base" buns. I get to the pull trough and then there's no hair left to wrap. And a fat braid around my head would be nice too :D

thunderlilies
March 27th, 2008, 01:29 PM
Sometimes I wish it to be longer (tailbone or classic) and sometimes I wish it was BSL for some of the styles I used to do and can't do now because tis too long! Seems like there's no happy medium.

Hypnotica
March 27th, 2008, 01:49 PM
A braided chinese bun. A really big, fat one! :D

FrannyG
March 27th, 2008, 01:51 PM
Celtic Knot! grrr...
I even asked my dh to help me with this. He is an airline mechanic and does help with my hair, tucking in stray strands for french braids and what not. I explained what I wanted with the Celtic Knot - he goes and gets a very thick coat hanger and makes a hook on the end (promising not to hurt my hair). We make the loop and he's trying to pull hair through with the coat hanger - this should be a what not to do video. He got to work one time and then let my hair go - it promptly fell out - he thought it would stay by itself:rolleyes:! That was the one and only time:(. As thick as my hair is I think I need 2 or 3 more inches.

Well, this may have been a disaster, but it really did make for a good story! :)

I'm able to do many of the aforementioned styles such as figure 8's already because I have very fine hair. You thick haired people have me agog!

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to waist or so; I think I'll be able to do a decent Celtic knot by then. I love the look of those.

rubyredslippers
March 27th, 2008, 03:25 PM
I want a real infinity bun. My hair goes but the end curve is pretty pitiful, and there is NO way that it would stay all day. So I'm at least two, maybe three inches off from this?

And I want Heidi braids. My braided pigtails aren't long enough to tuck neatly.:rolleyes:

A crown braid and a celtic knot while I'm at it, but these are a loooooooong ways off. Ahh well, something to look forwards to!

Hedera
March 27th, 2008, 03:44 PM
I would love to have a really looooooong braid - classic length, or something.

Which would mean that my hair would have to be fingertip, I guess, perhaps longer.