PDA

View Full Version : Problems that I didn't know existed ...

Michou
January 9th, 2009, 09:44 AM
I tried wearing my new fork to work this morning, only to find out that my seat head-rest was a severe impediment. Every shoulder check I caught the fork. Luckily I was able to redo the updo at work, but it's funny how our perspective changes as the hair grows!

On the plus side, it's my first updo at work, I'm very excited! :joy:

lora410
January 9th, 2009, 09:47 AM
Congrats on your milestone. A headrest is always a pain in my arse when my hair is up; which is about 99% of the time. :lol:

Phalaenopsis
January 9th, 2009, 09:56 AM
Yes, I have the same thing going on. Very annoying. With a bun it's easy 'cause you can redo it, but on some other styles I put some hard work in it, so I couldn't/wouldn't take out the updo.

Carolyn
January 9th, 2009, 11:21 AM
Yay :hollie: for the long hair milestone! I've found I've had to adjust and reassess things as my hair grew. I try to embrace these things as they tell me my hair is growing. Good thing it grows slowly or I couldn't deal with too many new things all at once!

Curlsgirl
January 9th, 2009, 11:44 AM
Congratulations! :cheese: Another milestone!

Deborah
January 9th, 2009, 01:41 PM
Yay for your first work updo! May you enjoy many, many more!

When I find a bun hitting a headrest, I redo the bun a little higher on my head, and it usually solves the issue. Good luck with working out the kinks we all encounter in the many adventures involved in having long hair. :flower:

Arctic_Mama
January 9th, 2009, 02:45 PM
I HATE my head rest for this very reason! It gets in the way more often than not, especially since I am so short it doesn't hit my in the right place anyway :mad:

Congratulations on your first updo to work, that's such an exciting day knowing how much more you can do with it now!

savi
January 10th, 2009, 12:50 PM
On the plus side, it's my first updo at work, I'm very excited! :joy:
First of many to come. ;)

embee
January 10th, 2009, 01:21 PM
Headrests, ugh, not hair friendly at all. Mine dosn't hit in the right place for me either, so it's uncomfortable with my hair up or down.

Congrats on the updo, though. That's fun.

suicides_eve
January 10th, 2009, 01:35 PM
congrats! my hair is always pulled by my head rest. i put a satin pillow case over it to keep it from snagging any more . justa though!

Delila
January 13th, 2009, 02:43 PM
I hear ya.

The new car's great, but the head rest is in JUST the wrong position, so I've had to readjust my updos so they're up on top of my head. Not quite the look I'm used to, but I'm adjusting.

Luckily, I haven't had an issue with things snagging, just a positional problem.

wonhwa
January 13th, 2009, 04:29 PM
headrests are always in the wrong place. I am lucky in having an adjustable seat, so I let the seat recline slightly and that gets the headrest back far enough not to hit me in the updo.
The roof of the car will be the next obstacle; if you wear hairsticks watch out for catching them on the roof of the car as you enter and exit. whack! ouch...

Wonhwa