PDA

View Full Version : long hair video

jojo
January 8th, 2009, 06:54 PM
this is from the 1900's I think its amazing.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ndh24sJuUK4

I think you guys will appreciate this!:)

Sissy
January 8th, 2009, 07:21 PM
that's lovely! Their hair looks so healthy!

AJoifulNoise
January 8th, 2009, 07:39 PM
Oh, nice. Thanks for sharing!

intothemist1999
January 8th, 2009, 10:30 PM
Neat video! :agree:

I think I'll quote one of the replies there, regularly: "Long hair turns ordinary gals into major babes." :thumbsup:

sahiba
January 8th, 2009, 11:20 PM

I think I'll quote one of the replies there, regularly: "Long hair turns ordinary gals into major babes." :thumbsup:

Wow , nice quote, I heard it for the first time. Cool video too.

jojo
January 9th, 2009, 06:49 AM
I like that quote!

Radulfr
January 9th, 2009, 07:05 AM
I like the quote and the video. Thanks for posting!

Krifantasy
January 9th, 2009, 07:44 AM
That's really cool. I like where she cannot reach the end of the girls hair with the tape measure!

sammie883
January 9th, 2009, 07:52 AM
Nice video. They had pretty hair.

JamieLeigh
January 9th, 2009, 08:41 AM
Wow!! Great video, thanks for sharing! I can't wait until my hair is too long for a tape measure! (If!! LOL) :D

Tressie
January 9th, 2009, 08:54 AM
this is from the 1900's I think its amazing.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=ndh24sJuUK4

I think you guys will appreciate this!:)
Hi jojo, great video!

I LOVED it! I think it would be circa 1920s, or thereabouts most likely! Because the girl with the "bobbed" hair comes out at the end, I'm thinking it may have to do with the great "rebellion/liberation" hair cutting craze called "bobbing". I've read that girls lined up to have their traditionally long hair "bobbed".

First the barbershop was the place, and it is said men complained that women had invaded their territory. Later of course female stylists catered to a growing boom of hair cutting, curling and even coloring! It was scandalous! When the girls started getting the "shingle bob", their parents complained they couldn't tell their sons from their daughters from behind!

Some women were fired from their jobs for "bobbing" their hair! )o:

ETA: This craze was partly started by a famous dancer Irene Castle who bobbed her hair for convenience, and also was influenced by writers such as F. Scott Fitzgerald whose stories, in books and magazines, portrayed popular girls with bobbed hair.......vamps! Similar to the ways we are influenced by celebrity hair today I imagine!

janeytilllie
January 9th, 2009, 10:58 AM
lovely vid i wish my hair was like that :) i wonder what they used on their hair, it looks so shiney!:D

neon-dream
January 9th, 2009, 11:05 AM

Hahaha
I seen that too, made me laugh :p
xxx

lawyermom
January 9th, 2009, 11:32 AM
CAUTION!
TOTALLY OFF TOPIC!!!
JoJo, I love your new avatar (either it's new, or I'm really not very observant). Regardless, your hair looks awesome.