PDA

View Full Version : Coaxing hair to grow faster...

CherishedOne
January 7th, 2009, 09:12 AM
I know that somewhere, there's a thread about this. :] But I can't find it in the Search! So, please forgive me if I'm asking a much-repeated question. If anyone knows where the past threads (which HAVE to be there somewhere....right?) about this are, please let me know? Thanks!

Ok, enough of that.

What are ways that you have of coaxing your hair to grow longer? I know that hair really can only be manipulated so far, but as far as natural means and whatnot....what have you guys tried? Did it work?

Cheerio!

lora410
January 7th, 2009, 09:19 AM
Vitamins, scalp massage, and search for monistat and mega-tek thread. I am currently in the mega tek challange and thus far it is giving fab growth and wonderus volume :) I did do the monistat as well and got HUGE growth on the top of my head but not the back..lol

mellie
January 7th, 2009, 09:20 AM
I've noticed that since I've been using soapnuts for washing it has enhanced my growth speed.

MandaMom2Three
January 7th, 2009, 09:20 AM
My hair grows pretty fast to begin with (about an inch a month) but since I began using monistat it's been growing SUPER fast about an inch and a half to two inches a month (hard to say, I just know that I gained an inch of length last month even after trimming between half an inch and an inch!)

Sissy
January 7th, 2009, 10:15 AM
so far I have only tried supplements but I'm interested in trying scalp massage and possibly Mega-Tek as well.

chrissy-b
January 7th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Here's a poll (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=11089) that I started a while back that may be of use.

SHELIAANN1969
January 7th, 2009, 11:27 AM
I say "oh hair, please please please grow more, I love you sooooooo" :D

Yes, I resort to begging for growth! ;)

haha -- I have found that treating your hair kindly, not washing it half to death, using less poo, more conditioner and oils and not so much brushing or combing.....and TIME is the best way to grow hair. ;)

ETA: and HENNA for strength, color and brilliant shine :D

onelife
January 7th, 2009, 11:51 AM
I say "oh hair, please please please grow more, I love you sooooooo" :D

Yes, I resort to begging for growth! ;)

I tried that as well. Unfortunately. it doesn't seem to be working as well as other methods =(

wintersun99
January 7th, 2009, 12:04 PM

YogaGirl59
January 7th, 2009, 07:22 PM
Ok, now I feel dumb. I have never heard of Mega-Tek, so I just Gooogled it. I'm reading along and discover it's for horses!

"Accelerates hair regrowth on bare spots caused by halter and blanket rubs..."

So, can you buy this in the store or must you order it online. I am very interested in trying this!

wintersun99
January 7th, 2009, 07:24 PM

YogaGirl59
January 7th, 2009, 08:29 PM
Thank you Wintersun, I've just spent the past hour reading that entire thread and searching for a good deal on the Mega Tek. Wow, this sounds great, I think I'll order some.

jojo
January 18th, 2009, 05:17 AM
I use soapnuts and have just started using mega tek, its too early for me to comment as yet but I find vitamins really help

sahiba
January 18th, 2009, 07:29 AM
My hair has stopped growing a while back and I did almost everything for it to grow but no use :sad . The last alternative is to threat it " Hey ,you growing or not :draw: " If it works , I'll get back. :)

suicides_eve
January 18th, 2009, 08:46 AM
i had lots of success using monistat. i was getting up to 1.5 " a month of growth

Linda K
January 18th, 2009, 02:52 PM
Here's the link to vitamin's that are suppose to give you back your color, reverse hair loss and increase growth:
http://www.naturalwellbeing.com/hair-growth-p34.cfm

Here's one I'm seriously looking at - the faster it grows, the faster I can cut out the colored stuff. I read about these here: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20080605102215AAoYg5e

The main website is: http://www.hairstimulator.net/ they have a faster hair growth 'kit' that includes Emu Oil 'poo and condish along with the vitamin.

Has anyone had any experience with these? :confused: Both sound so tempting. The first one is rather spendy for me but ...