PDA

View Full Version : Green Elf... my hair

Green Elf
January 7th, 2009, 08:17 AM
Hi! I don't know if this is the right section of LHC to post pics, but... this is my hair

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/greenelvish/100_4426.jpg

It's about 82 cm long (33" ), 2c-C-iii.
I wash it once a week, 2 times with a SLS free shampoo + conditioner and 1 time with a sls shampoo + conditioner.
I often apply oils before shampooing... my favourite is coconut, but I want to try argan oil!
I used red henna, but I stopped because i didn't like how that colour matched with my skin-tone... I prefer indigo! :cool:

The end is not so straight... I decided not to cut it and let it grow (last trim on december 2008), because it grows very slowly...
But I don't have many split ends (fortunately!)

So, if you have any advice... ;)

lora410
January 7th, 2009, 08:22 AM
Your hair is beautifyl!! I would say keep doing what you are doing, but add a little bit of coconut oil to your hair when it is damp and a tiny bit between washings if you can manage without looking greasy. You will see alot of great moisture :)

Green Elf
January 7th, 2009, 08:32 AM
Thank you iora! :-) You're right, I forget to use oils because
between washings I usually use Phyto 7 (I don't know if you can find it in the USA), the inci is this:

Althaea Officinalis Extract (Mucilage Vegetal), Arctium Majus Root Extract (Bardane), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract (Romarin), Salvia Officinalis (Sage) Leaf Extract (Sauge), Calendula Officinalis Flower Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Leaf Extract (Saule), Hypericum Perforatum Extract (Millepertuis), Lecithin (Soia), Macadamia Ternifolia Seed Oil, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Parabens (Ethyl, Butyl).

It's good for humidity!I'll follow your advice! Thanks! ;)

TheKnight'sLady
January 7th, 2009, 08:42 AM
Your hair is really pretty! I don't have any advice for you but just wanted to say welcome and thanks for the picture of such beautiful hair. :)

Green Elf
January 7th, 2009, 08:55 AM
What can I say... thank you :love:

GlennaGirl
January 7th, 2009, 08:58 AM
WHOA. Wowsie-wow. Pardon me while I foam with jealousy! Your hair is lovely, and welcome to LHC.

Xandergrammy
January 7th, 2009, 09:01 AM
Wow! Your hair is gorgeous. Welcome to LHC!!

Green Elf
January 7th, 2009, 09:04 AM
Thank you!!! I didn't expected so many compliments... :flowers:

Green Elf
January 7th, 2009, 09:06 AM
OMG! Didn't EXPECT! What did I writeee ... what a shame! :cry:

Johanna64
January 7th, 2009, 09:06 AM
Wow,your hair is so beautiful!!
Welcome here :)

plainjanegirl
January 7th, 2009, 09:07 AM
looks like you have some thick hair . pretty!

LutraLutra
January 7th, 2009, 09:07 AM
Your hair looks great, so thick and a lovely colour. :)

Green Elf
January 7th, 2009, 09:08 AM
Thank you! Yes, it's very thick and sometimes it drives me mad... :rolleyes:

Radulfr
January 7th, 2009, 09:12 AM
I love the thickness and wavy/curly texture of your hair!

ETA: (not to mention the length. :cool: )

sahiba
January 7th, 2009, 09:14 AM
Love your thick and shiny hair .

Nic's
January 7th, 2009, 10:01 AM
Wow your hair looks great. You have awsome thickness and shine. This is definately the right place to be posting photos like this.

JamieLeigh
January 7th, 2009, 10:04 AM
What gorgeous hair! I love the waves and ringlets... *is super-jealous here* :D Thanks for posting, and welcome to the club! LOL

Sissy
January 7th, 2009, 10:08 AM
I love the shine of your hair! Welcome, Welcome!:o

Lady Verity
January 7th, 2009, 10:11 AM
Good lord, that's some nice hair. Keep up the good work! And welcome to LHC. :D

Green Elf
January 7th, 2009, 10:23 AM
:oops: thank you, all of you :blossom:
(it's not as shiny as it looks in photo... it's because it was freshly washed!) :oops::oops::oops:

lapushka
January 7th, 2009, 10:27 AM
You're asking for advice? We should be asking you for advice!
You've got amazing hair! It's beautiful!

Elainehali
January 7th, 2009, 10:56 AM
WOW you're off to a great start! I'm jealous your hair has such amazing body.

Anyways welcome to the site. :D

rags
January 7th, 2009, 11:04 AM
Total hair envy here! I love the shine and texture of your hair! Looks like you are doing things right to me!

Ryanne
January 7th, 2009, 12:34 PM
Gorgeous hair!

MountainGypsy
January 7th, 2009, 01:07 PM
GreenElf...wow so beautiful! You have my goal length, it is wonderful to seea curly head that has such long hair, I am inspired!

Fillette
January 7th, 2009, 01:20 PM
Welcome GreenElf! you hair is gorgeous and so thick!

backtolonghair
January 7th, 2009, 01:39 PM
Your hair is beautiful!:) And also welcome to LHC!
I'd say it sounds like you are doing all of the right things. It seems that we have similar hair texture except your is way curlier than mine. Mine is more on the wavy side, unless I straighten it.

Love the ingredients of that Phyto 7 stuff. All natural is definitely the way to go!:)

God bless

jojo
January 7th, 2009, 04:56 PM
Welcome to LHC, your hair is beautiful and thick.

Addy
January 7th, 2009, 05:29 PM
You are :thudpile: worthy! :D

Your hair looks amazing! I love it!

AprilElf
January 7th, 2009, 11:51 PM
Welcome to LHC, Green Elf. :D
Your hair looks really great. :thud:

Sounds like you already know what your hair likes, so there's very little advice to be given about that. :)
But there is so much information here about different treatments and routines, that I'm sure you'll find something new and interesting to try.

Oooh, I bet your hair would love an SMT (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128&highlight=snowymoon+moisture+treatment), if you haven't tried that already! ;)

Green Elf
January 8th, 2009, 04:40 AM
Thank you so much, really!!! :grouphug::grouphug:
It's this curly only when freshly washed... Most of the time it's wavy, because I use to sleep with a braid :)

Oooh, I bet your hair would love an SMT (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=128&highlight=snowymoon+moisture+treatment), if you haven't tried that already! ;)

What is an SMT? I will search fot it! :eye:

Green Elf
January 8th, 2009, 04:43 AM
EDIT: found!
I never used honey on my hair... but I will try soon! thank you for this advice! :D

brok3nwings
January 8th, 2009, 05:03 AM
your hair is really beautiful and thick! Also your curls/waves gives it a lot of personallity. I only think that you should next time take a photo without the flash... your hair is dark and dark hair reflects a lot of the light so we could see better your hair with natural light without flash ;) welcome

METABUZZ
January 8th, 2009, 08:00 AM
wow!really nice hair!

Amoretti
January 8th, 2009, 08:09 AM
Your hair is stunning! :thud:
Welcome!

YumiYume
January 8th, 2009, 08:33 AM
that is so beautiful O_O *drowling*

AutumnLeaves
January 8th, 2009, 12:44 PM
Welcome! Your hair is lovely!

wantslonglocks
January 8th, 2009, 12:49 PM
Just wanted to say that I love your hair. Gorgeous!

janeytilllie
January 8th, 2009, 01:03 PM
:blossom: hello and welcome :D:blossom:

your hair is soooooo beautiful! it really is, i would die for hair like yours!

Green Elf
January 9th, 2009, 02:49 PM
Thank you!!!!! :cheese:

your hair is really beautiful and thick! Also your curls/waves gives it a lot of personallity. I only think that you should next time take a photo without the flash... your hair is dark and dark hair reflects a lot of the light so we could see better your hair with natural light without flash ;) welcome

Yes, you're right! ;-) It's almost black actually! the only one I have without flash is this one (I straightened it... I very seldom do it) When I took this picture I used indigo... now it's slightly darker (I wish I had time to do it again.. maybe next week!)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f84/greenelvish/100_4430.jpg

Green Elf
January 9th, 2009, 02:51 PM
Thank you!!!!! :cheese:
now it's slightly darker

Of course I was meaning "slightly lighter"... sorry

RedButterfly
January 9th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Welcome to LHC! You'll love it here. This is a fun place and everyone really helps each other learn more about hair care.

You are already doing something right. Your hair looks lovely and healthy.

Green Elf
January 10th, 2009, 03:19 AM
Thank you RedButterfly! :)