PDA

View Full Version : Hooray for my first henna!

EvilPigeon
March 26th, 2008, 03:20 PM
I have been meaning to post this for awhile. I promised pics to everyone, so here is a little background and a photo. :)

I hennaed last Thursday night. I used henna from Catherine(the Yemen powder) with 2 tablespoons orange juice and a few cups of water. I was planning to leave it in for only two hours, but after wrapping it up I ended up falling asleep and waking up 4-5 hours later instead. Rinsing out was awful. My hair was completely tangled even after using a whole bottle of conditioner,shampooing,then using conditioner yet again. When it dried, it felt dry and...crusty. :mad:
At first, I was extremely discouraged and feared that I would have to cut my hair. But eventually my optimism kicked in and I decided to wait for my hair to go back to 'normal'.

My hair did NOT go back to normal...it is BETTER than normal now!!! I'm so happy with it. The color is beautiful. My hair is soft and SHINY,even after sleeping on it(normally it turns out frizzy and feeling like straw after sleeping on it,braid or no braid). I feel so confident with my hair now. I went to a salon to get my hair trimmed and layered and the stylist commented on how healthy my hair was and how beautiful the color was. :D I have been getting many compliments from my family, friends, teachers and my SO. I have never recieved so many compliments on my hair over the course of 3 days.

I am absolutely thrilled, and so glad that I decided to give henna a chance. I'd like to thank everyone for their advice and encouragement :)

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c378/MaryJanepeace/hare.jpg
http://s31.photobucket.com/albums/c378/MaryJanepeace/?action=view&current=hare.jpg

Nightshade
March 26th, 2008, 03:23 PM
Hurray! I'm so glad it worked for you :cheer:

Are you planning on doing more full-length treatments or just doing the roots from now on?

OR Cowgirl
March 26th, 2008, 03:41 PM
Love your color!! Glad it worked so well for you!

Mariah

Isilme
March 26th, 2008, 04:03 PM
wow, gorgeous colour! What is your starting colour?

MeMyselfandI
March 26th, 2008, 04:10 PM
EvilPigeon,

Thanks for sharing your exciting new colour. I am so glad for you.

LanaMonsoon
March 26th, 2008, 04:17 PM
ooh! I love your color! I wish I could get mine that red!

EvilPigeon
March 27th, 2008, 01:21 PM
Hurray! I'm so glad it worked for you :cheer:

Are you planning on doing more full-length treatments or just doing the roots from now on?

Thank you :D I'm planning on doing both until I reach a darker color. :o

EvilPigeon
March 27th, 2008, 01:23 PM
wow, gorgeous colour! What is your starting colour? My natural color was a dirty blonde, but I hennaed over Special effects blood red(as seen in my avatar).