PDA

View Full Version : CWC after cones

Eirinn
March 26th, 2008, 03:15 PM
I'm just wondering if doing CWC makes any sense whan you have cones on your hair if cones lock out moisture...(I mean - does the first "C" work anything than?) what say you?

Flaxen
March 26th, 2008, 09:51 PM
I suppose it would depend partly on which 'cones were in the conditioner. Oh wait, do you mean 'cones in the first C or 'cones that might have built up from the last wash?

The first C in CWC is meant to protect the length from being overwashed as you rinse out your shampoo. Not sure if that answers your question or not. :undecided

DolphinPrincess
March 26th, 2008, 09:56 PM
I do a CWC wash with a conefree condish for my first 'C' then a cone 'poo and condish for the rest. Works great for me!

Eirinn
March 27th, 2008, 05:18 AM
Flaxen: I meant build up from the last wash but thanks a lot for explaining me purpouse of the first "C" - I thought it was different:flowers: Does it mean that the first "C" will do its work no matter if there is any build up?

Flaxen
March 27th, 2008, 01:34 PM
Does it mean that the first "C" will do its work no matter if there is any build up?
Yes it will. I was thinking about build-up, though. Occasionally, one might want the shampoo to run over the length, if they have build-up, so alternating CWC with WC is probably a good idea.

Eirinn
April 1st, 2008, 01:11 PM
Thanks, now I understand:) But what if I already have something coney on my hair and going to do some pre-wash oiling? Will oil work if my hair is umm "moisture proof" by cones?

Celebrian
April 1st, 2008, 01:49 PM
Yes, I wondered the same thing.

Rzilynt
April 1st, 2008, 02:02 PM
Thanks, now I understand:) But what if I already have something coney on my hair and going to do some pre-wash oiling? Will oil work if my hair is umm "moisture proof" by cones?

Not sure if this answers your question but many people use this method of a prepoo with oil. Many times it is used so that the hair is not stripped when using a cleansing agent on the hair. Not sure if this is how you will be using it.

On another note, Oil lubricates the hair and will only seal in moisture prior to using it.If you are using if for this purpose. If you have build up it will be hard for any other procduct to penetrate the hair shaft and benefit from any other products you are using. If you find that you are not getting the results you want due to cone build up then you can use a clarifing poo then proceed. I hope that this helps out a little.

Suave has a cheap clarifying poo and for chelating due to mineral deposits from hard water or chem services Kenra makes a good one.

HHG's

RZ~

Eirinn
April 1st, 2008, 02:26 PM
I see... Does it have to be *clarifying* shampoo? Or can it be just a shampoo?;) I wanted my hair to benefit from Amla Oil....

Katze
April 2nd, 2008, 03:48 AM
I posted in your other thread too. :)

I CWC and use 'cones, though I don't wash/condition with 'cones every time. Although all evidence (and the input of chemist boyfriend) say that 'cones are not water soluable, coat the hair, etc. my hair seems about as moisturized now as before 'cones. Therefore, it is hard for me to believe that 'cones really create a nonpermeable layer on my hair.

Oiling before washing doesn't work so well for me, at least when it's a heavy layer and above the ears, and honestly, if I oil then CWC, I don't really see any difference.

As for shampoos, a normal sulfate shampoo seems to get my hair clean quite well.

What about trying CW? I forget your hairtype, but for me, occasional conditioning then washing, or NO conditioning, just shampooing, then perhaps some oil on wet, freshly washed hair, gives me cleaner hair every once in a while. I don't do it often but when I do I get shiny big hair that is nice to wear down.

Eirinn
April 2nd, 2008, 12:03 PM
Katze: Thanks for your patience - I think I'm starting to be annoying running few threads with nearly the same subject:rolling: But I just need to learn all about it - this is a scientific need;) If it comes to NO conditioning, it leaves my hair so dry and static that it's simply impossible:shrug:

Flaxen
April 2nd, 2008, 05:28 PM
But what if I already have something coney on my hair and going to do some pre-wash oiling? Will oil work if my hair is umm "moisture proof" by cones?
In that case I'd say it depends on the 'cone. I'm not a 'cone user, but amodimethicone seems to be (from other posters) a very hair friendly 'cone. Also, some of the conditioner (and thus the 'cones) is going to have been removed by combing and brushing in between washes. The best way to find out if oil works well with the products you use is to try it. :agree: