PDA

View Full Version : I'm curious.. how long did it take you to go from shoulder length hair to Waist?

backtolonghair
January 6th, 2009, 09:43 AM
That's my question for you ladies..:)

I currently have just below shoulder length hair and was wondering from those who have grown out their hair at that length to waist, how long did it take you? And what things did you do?

Thanks so much!:) God bless

lora410
January 6th, 2009, 09:48 AM
I was shoulder length April of 07" so about 1yr 2 month right now, but I should reach waist or hip by summer.

Oberon88
January 6th, 2009, 09:55 AM
It took me about two years. Shoulder in 06-waist in June 08. Though I bet it would have been faster had I not gotten trims in 06 and 07.

Vivien'
January 6th, 2009, 10:12 AM
I'm not a lady ;) but it was 2,5 years or a bit less.

venividibxtchy
January 6th, 2009, 11:26 AM
My hair grows pretty fast -- knock on wood.

I cut it to a few inches off my shoulder in March '08, and the longest layers are at waist as of Dec. '08. The sides taper.

AJoifulNoise
January 6th, 2009, 11:54 AM
No trimming, here's my timeline:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v311/SycoTrekkie/2009/collage3.jpg

I started at a bit below shoulder, but you get the picture. :) All I did was cut back on shampoo and start c/o. Oh, and I stopped brushing.

jojo
January 8th, 2009, 01:49 PM
I was shoulder length in December 07 and I am 3" off waist should get there by this summer with a bit of luck so all in all 28 months!

darkwaves
January 8th, 2009, 01:52 PM
About three years for me. With some trims.

SimplyLonghair
January 8th, 2009, 02:00 PM
About a year and a half for me. It depends on how fast you grow per month really, average is .5 inch per month. So it depends on how much distance your hair must travel to get to waist.

Took better care stopped shampoo and began CO, later had to change products as needs changed. Started oiling ends. Treated hair like fine lace and it grew stronger.

SimplyLonghair
January 8th, 2009, 02:10 PM
This is my hair before LHC http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d91/simply_longhair/momnewprofile2.jpg I chopped some that couldn't be saved and worked on the rest. LHC Rocks!

Islandgrrl
January 8th, 2009, 02:13 PM
I'm between 2 and 3 inches short of waist, so I'm guessing somewhere between 1.5 and 2 years.

Tabitha
January 8th, 2009, 02:15 PM
I went from chin-length bob to waist length (where I am now) in just under 3 years. I had regular twice-yearly trims during that time, otherwise it would have happened faster.

I'm not much good at measuring (harder with wavy hair) and can't really be bothered, so I don't know how much growth a month I get.

I stopped blowdrying, but otherwise didn't change much. Had salon lowlights for the first 2 years of that time but gave up because I was finding it too much hassle. I shampoo with Herbal Essences and condition with various things, about once a week with the odd CO wash thrown in. I found that if I COed every time, my hair stopped getting clean. I put a bit of coconut oil on the ends after washing, if I remember.

I bun it in wet or windy weather, but often wear it down around the house, to keep my ears warm. My repertoire of buns is very limited - don't have the length (for my thickness) yet for some of the pretty ones I've seen here.

Summed up - pretty much benign neglect.

ETA the pic below was taken January 2006; my signature pic was taken October 2008.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v396/brunettegirl/Jan06.jpg

relizabeth
January 8th, 2009, 03:13 PM
What a great thread. I'm fascinated by all your hair autobiographies. Can't wait to read more.

Ms. Hollywood
January 8th, 2009, 08:37 PM
It only took me about a year the first time. I had a few cuts but usually trimmed myself. My hair grows extremely fast though. I also use Biotin 5000mcg

Cichelle
January 8th, 2009, 09:13 PM
A little less than two years.

NebraskaChick84
January 8th, 2009, 09:19 PM
1.5-2y. no trims, fairytale ends.

naomimcc
January 8th, 2009, 09:32 PM
8 years.

Seriously.

Debra83
January 8th, 2009, 09:36 PM
First time, shoulder to waist approx 9 months...I was pregnant... Second time, shoulder to waist about 9 months....I was nursing. Third time, don't know yet...I'm on the journey for 3 months now....hoping in 6 more to be at waist. Not pregnant, not nursing...we'll see.

NebraskaChick84
January 8th, 2009, 09:37 PM
8 years.

Seriously.
oh my goodness. you poor thing :grouphug:

nienna42
January 8th, 2009, 10:01 PM
4 years. Would've been closer to 3 if I had trimmed less often. I can't believe how fast some of you people grew that much hair!