PDA

View Full Version : LHC progress video - Can I call this waist?

venividibxtchy
January 6th, 2009, 12:26 AM
I've been finally taking care of my hair, and trying out various new regimens. I figured I'd make a short clip of my hair, because it might give a better indication of my hair's health than a photo.

Can I call this waist? Do my ends need to be trimmed? Does it look dry?

It was still a bit wet, so it does get a bit fuller, and wavier, but I guess you get the idea.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

http://i229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/venividibitchy/th_Hair004.jpg (http://s229.photobucket.com/albums/ee242/venividibitchy/?action=view&current=Hair004.flv)

Phalaenopsis
January 6th, 2009, 12:36 AM
First of all, gorgeous thick hair!

I think you're at can I call this waist length.
Actually I find a video more difficult, because you don't stand still for a long time :p

Whimsical wind
January 6th, 2009, 12:40 AM
Your hair is gorgeous!

30isthenewblack
January 6th, 2009, 12:42 AM
I wish I could run my hair through my fingers like that :smile:

logica_divina
January 6th, 2009, 02:55 AM
Yup, I'd call that waist.
I love your photobucket user name ;)

Chrissy
January 6th, 2009, 03:35 AM
I think it's waist too but I agree if you stood still for a bit longer that would help. Very pretty, thick hair.

Johanna64
January 6th, 2009, 06:38 AM
Yes,I think this is waist :)
Your hair is beautiful and thick!!

Radulfr
January 6th, 2009, 06:57 AM
It's kind of a U-shaped waist length, IMO. The sides might have a way to go to reach waist. The center is waistlength. :thumbsup:
Great thickness! :)

Isa-belle
January 6th, 2009, 07:51 AM
Yes, the center is just at waist length ;)
Your hair is beautiful and your ends don't look dry or in need of trimming at all! let it grow :D

Aisha25
January 6th, 2009, 09:13 AM
A video is much better than photo we can see them moving. I see no damage or dryness your hair looks great and just about waist you stay long enough for me.

spidermom
January 6th, 2009, 09:48 AM
The longest part is definitely waist length. I can't see any damage from here.

Vivien'
January 6th, 2009, 10:14 AM
It's waist in my opinion :) Congrats !

feralnature
January 6th, 2009, 10:21 AM
Beautiful! Don't cut, let it grow, looks healthy :)

suicides_eve
January 6th, 2009, 10:40 AM
what a neat idea !!! my first i thought it was one of them time laspe videos lol

LutraLutra
January 6th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Your hair looks fabulous - great condition and sooooo thick. :)

venividibxtchy
January 6th, 2009, 12:05 PM
Thank you for all of the lovely comments. I haven't had the most confidence about my hair, lately, especially the ends and the overall thickness -- your kind words help.

Yeah, the tapered sides still have awhile to go. I'm still debating what kind of a hemline I'd like, but I figure I'll trim it into a deep-V when it gets a bit longer, and see how I like it. If not, I could trim to a U, or let it grow into a blunt one.

I was somewhat amused by the fact that when I viewed that video full-size, I could see the line of demarcation between where I started my honey treatment, and where I left it alone. The top part had FAR more flyaways.

Sherri
January 6th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Looks waist to me. Very pretty and healthy. I like the video much easier to tell than a picture. I can see the different angles of your head movements. Some people take picture with head tilted up or down makes the lenght different.

Ryanne
January 6th, 2009, 12:38 PM
I think it's waist. Beautiful hair!

lapushka
January 6th, 2009, 01:47 PM
I think it's waist too. Definitely. Gorgeous hair!

patissegrietje
January 6th, 2009, 01:59 PM
Yes! your longest ends reach waist, and it also ooks very healthy! the flyaways you are talking about, are they caused by the honey treatment, or is it the part you didn't treat? (just curious)

and off topic @Sherri: :-) i immediately noticed the future LHCer in your siggy! Great picture

ladyluck
January 6th, 2009, 02:10 PM
Beautiful thick hair! *so jealous* :D Looks like waist to me.

venividibxtchy
January 6th, 2009, 03:40 PM
Yes! your longest ends reach waist, and it also ooks very healthy! the flyaways you are talking about, are they caused by the honey treatment, or is it the part you didn't treat? (just curious)

and off topic @Sherri: :-) i immediately noticed the future LHCer in your siggy! Great picture

The part I didn't treat.

I LOVE honey treatments. I feel like they work better than oilings, which can weigh my hair down.

Addy
January 6th, 2009, 04:39 PM
Can I say real quickly that I can't wait til my hair get's as long as yours! Our hairs look almost the same!

It's beautiful and looks very healthy to me!!! :D

kam984420
January 6th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Looks waist to me! Congrats! Keep growing!

skay
January 6th, 2009, 10:31 PM
Looks like waist to me - congratulations!

By the way, great idea about posting a video - great job though I noticed you looked down a lot (which made your hair look shorter from the back). Anyway, cool hair progress update!

Dachsdragon
June 3rd, 2009, 04:52 AM
wow you hair is gorgeous! It looks really thick and healthy.

Aditi
June 3rd, 2009, 05:00 AM
You have gorgeous thick hair and also lovely color, ya you have definitely reached waist length.

sagebabies
June 3rd, 2009, 07:49 AM
you are my hair twin, except mine is blond! Your hair is beautiful and looks to be waist to me.

Garnet66
June 3rd, 2009, 08:52 AM
Your hair looks great to me. It's nice and thick with no dry ends. It's definately waist length.

Periwinkle
June 3rd, 2009, 10:00 AM
Looks like waist to me! :cheese:

Pixna
June 3rd, 2009, 10:54 AM
Looks like waist to me . . . and gorgeous!!!

Ryanne
June 3rd, 2009, 01:13 PM
I'd say the center is at waist. Gorgeous thick hair.

JamieLeigh
June 4th, 2009, 06:35 PM
You look waist length to me! Congrats on a length milestone, and you have gorgeous healthy hair!! :flower: