PDA

View Full Version : Lush shampoos/conditioners

Beloved
January 5th, 2009, 08:40 PM
These look so good! I'm wondering if anyone has tried them and can give a review.

Elphie
January 5th, 2009, 08:46 PM
I've used two of the shampoo bars (Seanick and Godiva). They smell awesome and are great for periodic use or travel. I didn't find them astounding for long-term use.

Jasmine fluff-ease is supposed to be awesome. One of these days I want to get around to trying that.

GeoCurl
January 5th, 2009, 08:56 PM
Before I gave up sulfates, I tried these several times on my fine hair (Cynthia Sylvia Stout and Daddy-O shampoos; Retread conditioner). Each time, after a week of use, my hair would be a dried-out, straw-like mess. From what I recall, they use sodium lauryl/laureth sulfates not only in most of their shampoos, but in their conditioners as well. It's a shame, as the smell is just amazing.

(First post, maybe? Yes, I think it is! :) )

ancilla
January 5th, 2009, 09:07 PM
I remember the Trichomania shampoo bar being AMAZING on my wurly hair.
I would buy it again if it wasn't so expensive.

Stevy
January 6th, 2009, 05:07 AM
I don't get on well with their conditioners for some reason, but I like the H'Suan Wen Hua deep treatment and the Reincarnate shampoo. Then again, my hair's pretty sulphate-tolerant.

sibilum
January 6th, 2009, 05:12 AM
I wanted so much to love their stuff, and I tried a lot of them. I love how they smell. But they just made my hair dry, even the conditioners. I like the body creams though. I tried the shampoo bars too with no success, I ended up using them to wash my pets! I think the only product that I liked was the Cynthia Sylvia Stout shampoo.

RedFrizz
January 6th, 2009, 05:48 AM
I just ordered their Solid Conditioner 'Jungle'. I don't know exactly why I wanted that, because I really don't use that much conditioner anymore (I wash with shampoo bars and occasionally do a CO), but I'm a sucker for new hair things.. People keep saying that it smells heavenly so I'm hoping it'll work with well combined with my morning WO's (adding the Jungle into that then makes it kind of a CO I guess..?) and I'll have a fab smelling hair for the whole day! We'll see.. I made the order to UK's LUSH, because our domestic webstore has ridiculously expensive prices. And I did order a lot of stuff... Somebody really should hide my credit card from me.

CopperHead
January 6th, 2009, 12:58 PM
I have the Jungle and I love it! I use it on my ends after my Dairy Whip. It smells so good!

PseudoScot
January 6th, 2009, 01:03 PM
I liked them a lot, not all for sure but most - the round ones travel exceptionally well, too.

I don't tend to use sulfates much now, but when travelling, wouldn't hesitate to pack them.

Have you searched for Lush products? I know they have been brought up before and you will find more helpful threads. It's worth a look/try.

Pegasus Marsters
January 6th, 2009, 01:11 PM
I use the Jumping Juniper shampoo bar and Jungle solid shampoo. Before I started using them I had horrible greasy hair and had to wash pretty much every day. Now I can go up to a week without washing without ending up with my hair feeling dry or horrible. Yay! :face: I have coloured hair and thought the shampoo might strip the colour but it didn't.

I don't know about where you are, but here the Lush staff are brilliant and are always happy to recommend products. I've always found them to be very helpful both in store and via their website.

RedStripe
January 6th, 2009, 03:46 PM
Before I gave up sulfates, I tried these several times on my fine hair (Cynthia Sylvia Stout and Daddy-O shampoos; Retread conditioner). Each time, after a week of use, my hair would be a dried-out, straw-like mess. From what I recall, they use sodium lauryl/laureth sulfates not only in most of their shampoos, but in their conditioners as well. It's a shame, as the smell is just amazing.

(First post, maybe? Yes, I think it is! :) )

Congrats on your first post!

Some (but not all) of the solid shampoos have been reformulated to be SLS-free. Not sure about any of the conditioners.

I like the solid shampoos, but although I've tried their conditioners extensively I have to admit that I'm not crazy about any of them. In particular, Jungle really doesn't do it for me.

Lush will always have a soft spot in my heart, though, because their henna was the "gateway drug" that prompted me to stop chemical-dying my hair and color it with henna instead.:love:

Almandine
January 6th, 2009, 07:34 PM
Wow, I was just thinking, 'I wish I knew what LHC people thought of Lush'...

I'm going to go cone-free and I was thinking of Lush as a possible new product supplier. I just don't know enough about them. Hopefully this thread will grow and tell me more; I need something nice for my hair.

Pegasus Marsters
January 6th, 2009, 08:00 PM
Almandine: Go into the stores and ask for samples of their stuff. They're normally happy to help.

GeoCurl
January 6th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Congrats on your first post!

Some (but not all) of the solid shampoos have been reformulated to be SLS-free. Not sure about any of the conditioners.

Thank you, and I had read that - I'll have to give one of those a try. :)

Honestly, before I gave up sulfates, I still used Lush hair products, even though I knew too much of it left my hair fried - they just smell so good! And for what it's worth, my hair is really fine and prone to drying out easily; a coarser-haired friend uses Lush with no problems.

zen_oven
January 6th, 2009, 09:06 PM
I've tried Godiva, New!, and the Jungle conditioner bar. I liked Jungle at first, but after a while it left my hair feeling oddly stripped. I loved the smell of Godiva, but once I tried New! I'd found my true love. I use New! to get my scalp clean, and I swear it has stimulated my scalp.

Almandine
January 6th, 2009, 10:11 PM
The reviews on American Cream conditioner are all so positive. I just read one by a girl who says she went off 'cones and started using that, and she loves her hair now. I think I might go with American Cream.

Edit: I really like the looks of American Cream conditioner and Washday Greens shampoo.

Washday Greens is supposed to be for fine, flyaway hair and greasy scalps. My scalp gets oily after just a day of skipped washing because it has a hard time getting to the rest of my hair, and I could write a book on flyaways. American Cream is for frizzy hair and hair that tangles easily, which is my hair exactly, and it adds shine. The reviews, overall, suggest that this would work well for my hair type. I'm very seriously considering buying these.

LadyMoon11
January 6th, 2009, 10:54 PM
I tried that Jasmine Henna Fluff stuff.
It was ok- I did not use half of the container like they recommended. Part of the reason why was due to the fact that it has to be the most potent thing I have ever put on my hair- WOW is it strong smelling!

Mind you, I really like Jasmine. A lot. Even that being the case, I really had a hard time with the intensity of the fragrance.

The conditioning/fluff easing-ness of it was pretty nice. It did condition my hair, but I really only used it like normal conditioner rather than a deep treatment.

AJO8
January 7th, 2009, 02:54 AM
I've used Karma Komba shampoo which I don't care for. It leaves my hair feeling stripped yet coated at the same time.
I've also used one of the old deep treatments with lemongrass and stout I think, I didn't like that either.
I love everything else though, I've used the henna quite a few times and i somtimes use the massage on my hair and body.

Cai
January 9th, 2009, 05:58 PM
I regularly use the squeaky green and the hybrid shampoo bar (hope they are called the same in the US) and I really love them. I tend a bit more to the squeaky green at the moment as it doesn't have a conditioner inside (which ist mainly some oils/waxes I think - these white parts in the bar) and therefore isn't consumed that fast (the conditioner does't really have an effect on my hair anyway).

AprilElf
January 9th, 2009, 07:08 PM
I bought some Ultimate Shine and Godiva bars when I was travelling last year. The Ultimate Shine was great to use during my travels. I haven't tried the Godiva, yet.

I have a bar or two left over which I will use at some stage, just so they don't go to waste. However, I think I much prefer using my regular seperate shampoo and conditioner.

Indigo Girl
January 9th, 2009, 09:52 PM
I'm so glad to see this thread. I just found out that a Lush store opened up in one of the malls near me, and they have quite a few vegan options, so I've be meaning to go there and pick up some samples. I'm glad to see all the feedback here first. :bluesmile