PDA

View Full Version : Help with weird hair problem

wizzel
January 4th, 2009, 08:23 PM
So i've been washing my hair with baking soda and apple cider vinager and i've been happy with it so far, but the last 2 times with soda wash i've found what I can only discribe as an egg white like sibstance in my hair, it was even clear, it is very weird. I've been washing my hair with soda for some time and have no problems, no eggy substance. Three washings ago I had tryed an egg wash because I had put an oil mask in my hair and I had read that egg might work better to get the oil out. But nothing was said about, um lingering problems, and the egg was "scrambled" so no big chunks of egg white should have gone in my hair anyway. The next two washings were with soda. So the question is this dose any one have any experance with what has happend on my head!? Has any body had this happen to them?:hmm:

Flaxen
January 4th, 2009, 09:42 PM
If I understand correctly, you've done egg and then b. soda for two washes? Or was it one egg wash and then two b. soda washes? Anyway, it sounds like residue to me. I'd do one or the other - egg washes or b. soda. :)

wizzel
January 4th, 2009, 09:57 PM
Thanks for the imput and just to clear up the question
I had been doing soda washes for several months

But because I did an oil mask I wanted to get all the unnecessary oil I did an egg wash

Then I went back to soda.

For the next 2 washes i've gotten some weird stuff appearing in my hair.

so i'm wondering what is the goo I've growing in my hair
I'm hoping it is just egg but i'm not sure what it is because I rinsed realy well when I did the egg wash and when I rinsed with just water it did not apear ether

And I do apologize for the original confusing post

ItalianFlower
January 4th, 2009, 11:07 PM
Maybe clarify and start over?

Roseate
January 4th, 2009, 11:23 PM
So, by "egg white like substance" you mean something gooey, clear and slippery, like a raw egg white?

If so, I've no clue. I did BS washes for about 6 months and would get white build-up on my scalp if I used too much BS in too little water, but that doesn't sound like what you're describing.

wizzel
January 5th, 2009, 03:47 PM
Yes it is a clear, gooy, slightly sticky more or less like raw egg white and I don't have any idea what it is. There has been no adverse affects on my hair (so far) so I don't feal the need to do anything drastic, it is a little disconcerting to sudenly find this stuff in my hair tho. It's kind of like a since experiment gone wrong. A note; it appears in my hair when I do the cider rinse.

wintersun99
January 5th, 2009, 04:17 PM

wizzel
January 17th, 2009, 10:24 PM
Ok i washed my hair and no egg white stuff in my hair, but there was a some thing like the the lining of the egg the papery stuff, and not much of it. So i think it is getting better hopfuly next time there wont be anything at all!

Debra83
January 17th, 2009, 10:35 PM
I might reconsider doing an egg wash again. Why not try mayonnaise instead for a deep conditioner?

suicides_eve
January 20th, 2009, 05:54 PM
:hmm:hmmm thats different. my guess is egg build up?:shrug:

wizzel
January 20th, 2009, 06:39 PM
Ya I don't think i'm going to do the egg wash again. I did not have any problems till i did the egg wash!!

A note: the egg wash did work. It cleaned my hair and no problems till I tryed the soda/vinager wash so choose one or the other!!