PDA

View Full Version : Falling hair

sichumor
January 4th, 2009, 09:17 AM
Hello!
I had lost a ton of hair last year due to stress which caused alot of weight loss. My hair is pretty long now and very healthy and I had gained all of my weight back, started taking supplements and noticed ALOT hair growing back. It looks really funny with all of the newbie hairs flying around but I'm grateful it's been growing back! Do you have any diet or natural product recommendations??? Thank you!!!:rockerdud

Anje
January 4th, 2009, 11:07 AM
Just make sure you have a generally healthy diet with reasonable amounts of protein and good fats. Your hair will grow best when your body has everything it needs.

logica_divina
January 4th, 2009, 11:51 AM
I agree with Anje. And it seems you're already on a good path. Just try to figure out the way to reduce stress in your daily life. Good luck!! :flower:

Sissy
January 4th, 2009, 01:06 PM
wow, you're lucky. Last year, I was extremely stressed with work and worries about long-term stressful family situation (which is still an ongoing stress for me actually). My hair split horridly, I suffered frequent headaches, and I gained FIFTY pounds (I'm an emotional eater/stress eater) :( My new years resolution is to keep my hair healthy and to lose weight! I wish I had lost 50 last year, instead of gaining! But, stress effects people differently for sure.

The diet/supplement recommendations I would give are:
drink lots of H20, eat cucumbers for silica, eat protein or drink protein shakes, get lots of omegas through fish oils, etc, consider a supplement such as biotin.

Hope this helps and lets hope we both have a much less stressful 2009 as stress really takes it's toll in so many ways.

BranwenWolf
January 4th, 2009, 01:10 PM
I've been eating crud for a year (at college) and noticed some thinning.
I'm going back on a multivitamin that has 100% zinc and a good start on B vitamins. I'm also taking fish oil for various reasons.
The b-vitamin/zinc combo helps a lot of people, starting with a good diet of couse.

Glad to hear the mane is getting thick and healthy again! Isn't it wonderful?

liselle
January 5th, 2009, 09:35 PM
I've tried basically all the supplements over the years.

I've had the most success with Biosil Liquid Silica.