PDA

View Full Version : Do these conditioners have cones?

Yedda
January 3rd, 2009, 10:28 PM
I read the list of cones in the articles sections but I'm seeing ingredients on my conditioners that have similar names but not exactly the same as the ones listed.

Can someone please tell me if the following have cones?

Aussie Moist-Water, Stearyl alcohol, cetyl alcohol, steramidopropyl dimethylamine, glutamic acid, fragrance, bis-aminopropyl dimethicone, benzyl alcohol, edta, eckolnia radiata extract, simmondsia chinensis(jojoba) seed oil, aloe barbadensis leaf juice extract, methylchlororoisothiazolinone, methylisothiazolinone.
Nioxin Scalp Therapy-Aqua/Water, Cetyl Alcohol, Aloe Barbadensis, Polyquaternium 11, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Dimethicone, Menthyl PCA, Cetrimonium Chloride, Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth 20, Lauramide Oxide, Sodium PCA, Amodimethicone, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Glycoproteins, Tocopherol, Cystine BG-PG-Propyl Slanetriol, Propylene Glycol, Lactobacillus/Eridictyon Californicum Ferment Extract, Lactobacillus/Olea Europaea Leaf Ferment Extract (Olive), Lactobacillus/Wasabia Japonica Root Ferment Extract, Camellia Oleifera, Cupressus Sempervirens, Foeniculum Vulgare, Geranium Maculatum, Lavandula Angustifolia Mentha Piperita, Panax Ginseng, Pinus Pumilio, Polygonum Multiflorum, Rosmarinus Officinalis, Vitis Vinifera, Panthenol, Hydrolyzed Algin, Coenzyme A, Coenzyme B5, Coenzyme B6, Coenzyme B12, Coenzyme Folate, Coenzyme Nicotinate, Coenzyme Q6-10, Coenzyme R, Coenzyme Thiamine, Saccharomyces Copper Ferment, Saccharomyces Iron Ferment, Saccharomyces Magnesium Ferment, Saccharomyces Silicon Ferment, Saccharomyces Zinc Ferment, Perfluorethonymethoxy-PEG-Phosphate, Trisoleoyltromethamine, Ethane Sulfate, Acetyl Cysteine, Acetyl Glutamine, Alanine, Asparagine, Aspartic Acid, Histidine, Ornithine Glutarate, Phenylalanine, Tyrosine, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben
Loreal Professional intense repair-aqua/water, cetearyl alcohol, behentrimonium chloride, glycerin, amodimethicone, peg-180, cetyl esters, isopropyl alcohol, methylparaben, camphor benzalkonium methosulfate, cetrimonium chloride, pyridozine hc1, trideceth 12, hexyl cinnamal, chlorhexidine dihydochloride, benzyl benzoate, hydroxypropyltrimonium hydrolyzed wheat protein, limonene, magnesium acetate, 2 oleamido -1,3-octadecanediol, hydroxyisohexyl 2-cyclohexene carboxaldehyde, aspartic acid, glycine, arginine, glumatic acid, parfum/fragrance
Aussie 3 minute miracle-Water (Deionized), Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 12, Distearate, Cetrimonium Chloride, Extract of Fennel, Hops, Balm Mint, Matricaria, Yarrow, Aloe Barbadensis Gel, Hydrolyzed Milk Protein, Oat Flour, Yeast Extract, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Sorbitol, Glycerin, Glycol Stearate, Stearyl Alcohol, Stearalkonium Chloride, Dicetyldimonium Chloride, Acetamide MEA, Cetrimonium Bromide, Sodium Lauriminodipropionate, Fragrance, Methylparaben, Tetrasodium EDTA, Lecithin, Safflower Oil, Jojoba Oil, Sunflower Seed Oil, DMDM Hydantoin, Phosphoric Acid, Propylparaben, Hydantoin, Simethicone, Propylene Glycol, FD&C Yellow 6

Also, I saw the cones listed in categories in the article as Water Soluble
Somewhat Water Soluble
Not Water Soluble
Solubility Unknown

What is the difference between these types of cones and is there a benefit of one over the other?

Also, what exactly is slip?

OhioLisa
January 3rd, 2009, 10:31 PM
There appear to be cones in all 4. Water soluble cones are, as they say, water soluble, meaning they are much easier to get off your hair. Those that are not water soluble have to be washed off with a stronger detergent, like the ones in most commercial shampoos. Slip is basically the ease with which you are able to comb through your hair. No slip = difficult detangling.

Sissy
January 3rd, 2009, 11:06 PM
I'm not sure if you're looking at eliminating all cones or not but what a stylist who posts on here told me is that if a cone has the letters PEG in front of it, it is water soluble and won't cause build up. So, when choosing cone products I'll look for ones that have PEG cones.

HairColoredHair
January 3rd, 2009, 11:20 PM
PEG stands for polyethylene glycol, take that as you will... also known as MiraLax, I learned something new. :D

Speckla
January 3rd, 2009, 11:41 PM
I can tell you that the Aussie will cause very little to no buildup and they don't require clarifying shampoos if they do. They are watersoluble cones. I use the Moist and 3 Minute Miracle often.
________
OREGON MEDICAL MARIJUANA DISPENSARY (http://oregon.dispensaries.org/)

OhioLisa
January 4th, 2009, 12:49 AM
I can tell you that the Aussie will cause very little to no buildup and they don't require clarifying shampoos if they do. They are watersoluble cones. I use the Moist and 3 Minute Miracle often.

That can depend on your hairtype as well though. I can't use Aussie because of buildup and such. :shrug:

ETA: 3MM has simethicone, which is NOT water soluble

Yedda
January 4th, 2009, 12:52 AM
Ok, well if all four of these have cones than I don't think I'm going cone free anytime soon...

:whip:

I don't mind using a clarifying shampoo every once in a while anyways.