PDA

View Full Version : Mayonnaise

MeMyselfandI
March 26th, 2008, 12:29 PM
Who used prepared mayonnaise on their hair?

What did you think of it?

How long did you leave it on your hair?

What type of hair do you have:

hennaed
coloured
oily
dry
damaged

etc.

Aisha25
March 26th, 2008, 12:43 PM
What did you think of it?

How long did you leave it on your hair?

What type of hair do you have:

hennaed
coloured
oily
dry
damaged

etc.

I have used mayo on my hair best foods full fat and my hair loved it also I tried it avacado good too left much smoother.I left it on for about an hour and I have dry virgin hair.

Hairstorm
March 26th, 2008, 03:37 PM
My hair likes it as a deep conditioner. I use Heidi W's method. Basically, it was clarify, do mayo treatment for about an hour, shampoo out.

Yes I have hennaed before, but haven't for a long time.
Yes the ends are damaged because they are quite long.

I only use the mayo treatment on the length of hair, not on the scalp. I put the length in a grocery bag (check for holes!) with the mayo, tie the handles together at the nape and clip with a claw clip. Then put on a bathrobe so the bag of hair is kept warm by my back.

Sapphire'sWings
March 26th, 2008, 09:00 PM
I have an oily scalp and virgin hair. When I do my mayonnaise treatment, I usually clarify, slather on the mayo, and bun my hair. If I'm lucky I'll remember to use a plastic shopping bag on my head. :D I leave it on for an hour. That stuff drips though, so I have to wear an old shirt.

Once I'm done, I just wash it off with shampoo and condition with my regular conditioner.

Lexie
March 27th, 2008, 09:07 AM
I don't remember all the details, but as a kid I heard about mayo. My hair was very thick, long, dry, frizzy, definitely virgin. I thought it might help to tame it a little, but even though I believe it added a touch more shine, it smelled for days. It took forever to wash that scent out and my hair was basically in the same condition I started with. I don't remember how long I kept it on for. I think it was at least 30 minutes.

Tapioca
March 27th, 2008, 09:20 AM
I tried it once. I hated the smell, and it made my hair crunchy. I have since found out that all protein treatments make my hair crunchy, so I use coconut oil as my leave-in now.

JasmineDaisy
March 27th, 2008, 09:21 AM
I couldn't imagine putting mayo on my hair. The smell of it makes me sick to my stomach.

Lexie
March 27th, 2008, 10:05 AM
Well, I tried yogurt too once because there was a rave about it on H4H, but in just 15 minutes it made my hair so stiff and hard. If I spiked it with gel, I think I could have stabbed people with it and hurt them... The protein filler I used had no animal derived protein and just does nothing to my hair if it's already in good shape but works miracles with my hair when it's damaged, so I think it's safe to say the source of the protein is a factor.

MeMyselfandI
March 27th, 2008, 10:30 AM
Thank you everyone.

I never thought of the smell.