PDA

View Full Version : Growth while LHC was down???

CaraLynn
March 7th, 2008, 04:49 PM
I got another inch! And re-measured and my waist is only 32", not 34" so I got two inches off my total goal length!

LilyMunster
March 7th, 2008, 04:56 PM
My hair is at a stall. It is thickening quickly though.
I am at 36 inches. One yard of hair.

Áine
March 7th, 2008, 05:02 PM
Well, my growth right now is just on the slower side of normal, a bit of a stall. I got got about 1/3 inch in February as opposed to my usual natural 1/2 inch per month. I can always use the excuse that February is the shortest month of the year though, can't I?:lol:

Stagecoach
March 7th, 2008, 05:03 PM
I finally broke out of my growth stall which I'd been suffering from for 6+ months! I've grown one inch since the boards quit!!!!

eadwine
March 7th, 2008, 05:04 PM
It must have grown, my bangs have started to poke my eyes :lol:

Shadow Walker
March 7th, 2008, 05:12 PM
I haven't measured in awhile, but it looks like I've gained at least an inch, maybe an inch and a half.

Curlsgirl
March 7th, 2008, 05:20 PM
I think about 3/4 of an inch. I'll take it! I was a bit over 28 and now it measures 29 the best I can tell. Course I am not very good at measuring!

Hockeymomof3
March 7th, 2008, 05:50 PM
I got my hair cut at Christmas (so sad about that, I totally regret it!) but since then, I have gotten about 1.5" growth -- and that is great growth for me, I can't believe it! I've been taking nourishair vitamins from GNC and they seem to be doing some good and my hair feels a bit thicker. I'm hoping that I can settle into a good routine for maximum growth.

Shadow Walker, your hair looks great -- looks like you have some good growth there! It looks so healthy.

AmandaPanda
March 7th, 2008, 05:55 PM
I reached my 3rd goal of 36" (tailbone)! I have trimmed 1"...so I'm at 35.5" now

jojo
March 7th, 2008, 05:58 PM
I gained an inch and cut an inch so there you go! but got rid of my V hem a bluntish one now woot!

chloeishere
March 7th, 2008, 05:59 PM
I just measured, and right now I am measuring at 19.5-- which is actually UNDER my last monistat growth of 19.75", that I measured on February 18th! Argh, why is hair so hard to measure? Anyway, that's still growth since LHC went down, but it's only an inch or so... :(
I'm a "spurt grower" so hopefully I'll have my normal amount of growth by the time I need to do my monthly measure again!

Shadow Walker
March 7th, 2008, 06:12 PM
I gained an inch and cut an inch so there you go! but got rid of my V hem a bluntish one now woot!

Woot, looks good jojo!

jojo
March 7th, 2008, 06:43 PM
Woot, looks good jojo!

Hi there stranger thanks for the compliment, was only thinking about you tonight was gonna put a desperately seeking shadow walker up on the beauty bottle! then a post came up saying TLHC was back in action, were you been hiding? looking at your siggi im thinking you had your head in a grow bag for the past weeks, heck your hair has grown!

Shadow Walker
March 7th, 2008, 06:54 PM
Hi there stranger thanks for the compliment, was only thinking about you tonight was gonna put a desperately seeking shadow walker up on the beauty bottle! then a post came up saying TLHC was back in action, were you been hiding? looking at your siggi im thinking you had your head in a grow bag for the past weeks, heck your hair has grown!

I've been around, mostly lurking until this place came back online. I was starting to think it would never be back.

And thanks! It was a pleasant surprise today when I took that picture to see some noticeable progress. Hopefully it won't slow down. :p

girlcat36
March 7th, 2008, 07:19 PM
Not much growth here. I have neglected my hair since LHC went down and am stalled at 22".

Kyamo
March 7th, 2008, 07:37 PM
3cm, but I cut off 2cm. My first trim in almost 3 years, so probably only 40 hairs actually got cut, lol.

Anje
March 7th, 2008, 07:43 PM
I got maybe a half inch or so, but also shaped things into a deeper U, since my "bangs" have been showing far more damage than the rest of my length. My hair feels longer though. I find it grows according to my body or the tape measure, but rarely with respect to both at the same time.

MountainGypsy
March 7th, 2008, 08:20 PM
I had a growth spurt too, my longest layers are just past BSL! And I discovered my hair loves coconut oil. :p

Melisande
March 7th, 2008, 08:23 PM
I gained an inch. I'm very happy with my growth.

squiggyflop
March 7th, 2008, 09:00 PM
im up to 27.5 inches from the 26 inches i last time i measured here but who knows when that was without all the archived stuff

gretchen_hair
March 7th, 2008, 09:03 PM
I haven't even measured since i was gone. I am SO excited we are up and running.
Can't wait to catch up. I will be measuring soon!

AnneAdeline
March 7th, 2008, 09:03 PM
*runs to tape measure* (More of a fast lope, being sick and medicated, but you get my drift :p )
My longest layer is about 22.25-22.5" Think that is about an inch since LHC went down. Just got a trim yesterday, so it would have been even more.

Can't decide if I have reached BSL yet. I'll wait till next month and then check again.

rubyredslippers
March 7th, 2008, 09:14 PM
I gained just over half an inch . . . My longest layers are now at 26.5 inches, after a 1/4 inch trim. (The canopy is about 2.5 inches shorter than that.)

And I discovered last night that I have reached BSL on one of my bras! I am quite eccstatic:D, though by measuring on other bras I've got 1/4-1/2 inch left. It's so encouraging to see progress.

rhubarbarin
March 7th, 2008, 09:32 PM
Yes, I have seen some growth. I've given up measuring with a tape measure, I just can't seem to do it accurately. I can see by looking though that my hair has passed my shoulder-blade area (it's at least 2" past all my bra bands) and is enroaching on mid-back territory. Mind you it's a stringy, straggly MBL - but I'll take it.

A few days after washing when it's straightened itself out, it's only a couple inches from my waist! And it's at waist when it's wet. So, I am happy. My hair must be a growing machine, because the ends are garbage and breaking like crazy and I am still seeing progress. It's almost time to start maintaining and doing regular trims.. I can't wait to see all this damage gone and have healthy virgin hair.

nowxisxforever
March 7th, 2008, 11:24 PM
I probably had a little bit of growth, but the one big thing I did while LHC was down was give myself a well-needed trim of 1 - 1.5 inches. Biggest trim in a year or so probably. My hair is back to tailbone now [and I'm 5'2"ish] but the ends are much happier!

One of these days I need to get my measuring tape again.

RedButterfly
March 7th, 2008, 11:30 PM
After having my daughter, I experienced a lot of shedding. I still shed more than normal since I still nurse her. I also didn't seem to get much new hair growth when I measured. However, the shedding is better now and I'm finally noticing some new hair growth!

Naluin
March 8th, 2008, 01:38 AM
I usually measure every couple of washes. I haven't measured this week yet, but so far, I've gained 3/4 of an inch.

My hair is supercurly, so I'll definitely take that. :cheer:

Hairbear
March 8th, 2008, 01:49 AM
I had it cut. I asked for 6cm and she took more like 10cm off. I was a little upset at first, but had a think about it and I'm quite glad now. It has got rid of a ton of damage and my ends feel great and my hair is really thick at the ends. It is only 6 or 7 months growth and I think it was needed. (I'm about 73-74cm now)

Elbereth
March 8th, 2008, 02:02 AM
I haven't dared to measure my hair this year, but so far the growth does not look that great. I have even decided to postpone my trim I originally planned to do in early March.
I hope the coming spring will bring better growth for me.

willowcandra
March 8th, 2008, 02:15 AM
Well mine didn't grow even a tiny bit from Dec 1st to Feb 8th...so I cut off two inches anyway.

ajr
March 8th, 2008, 02:20 AM
Hovering around goal length =). It's just brushing tailbone now just gotta maintain to thicken up the ends.

violetflower
March 8th, 2008, 02:21 AM
My hair is now at 29.5!!!!!!!!!!!! It is solidly at my waist now! I think the change in how I wash my hair has contributed to more lovely growth! I CO wash and I have my head upside down and really massage my scalp well, stimulating more hair growth! I really want to get to tailbone and then start to grow out the layer that I have (it is about 2" from my hemline.)

Oh, it is so good to be back, I missed it/you so much!!! :)

Amnell
March 8th, 2008, 03:05 AM
My hair is at 29.5, too And its my waist, ok only if i combed my hair out

hrimfaxi
March 8th, 2008, 03:36 AM
I imagine my hair did grow while LHC was down, but I also trimmed off something like 3-4", and I'm not a regular measurer, so...

tiny_teesha
March 8th, 2008, 03:48 AM
im at 28 inches now, i recall being 26 and a half last time i measured, which is december i think. But i can't in have grown that much....perhaps i measured wrong, but it came up as 28 inches twice so i guess not! YAY from 67cm to 71cm = 1cm a month....normal growth unfortunetly- better then a stall but i wanted it to speed up more over summer, oh well!

Alaia
March 8th, 2008, 05:04 AM
Pulled straight I'm at 35.5"

Not pulled straight I'm still at around 33". I don't have much of a curl, it's mostly from the constant buns my hair is in, but it does seem to make a massive difference. Of course, I don't ever measure just after detangling my hair, which I probably should...

suicides_eve
March 8th, 2008, 05:24 AM
well i am just about at shoulder level it brushes it in the back in sides but i won't claim it official until my curls natuarly rest there

Meli
March 8th, 2008, 06:02 AM
Well, my hair seems to have been stalling the last couple of weeks... I got 1/2 inch during the first weeks in february, then nothing... :-( I hope it's only a minor stall and that my hair will start growing soon.

Guenever
March 8th, 2008, 06:48 AM
All in all I started at 37,4", then trimmed 1" the 1st of February and grew 0,6" afterwards..

So, back at 37"^^

Lillian
March 8th, 2008, 06:51 AM
Well, I've been trimming once a month since January to maintain my current hair length (classic). But, my hair has other ideas, it's just growing faster! It's now hanging about an inch below classic.

EdG
March 8th, 2008, 07:35 AM
I was at upper calf length at the time I joined LHC last December. Now I'm approaching mid-calf length.

Calves are big - one can be at calf-length for a long time. :)
Ed

xrosiex
March 8th, 2008, 08:08 AM
I'm just over 28 inches. So thats 2 inches since I joined in november.:)

longinthehair
March 8th, 2008, 08:27 AM
I don't think I achieved very much growth over the last month, but I can say maybe to 35.25" so perhaps a quarter inch of growth..still a wee bit of growth is better than none. Was a little hard on my mane as switching down to 20 volume etc. for coloring ..accepting it as a darker blonde..and my hair is gaining condition-wise..hopefully the start of much happier hair to come.. Remarkably shedding much, much less - which I am tickled pinkabout (knock on wood)...yay!

jel
March 8th, 2008, 08:36 AM
My hair grew half an inch, but I'm not sure since when exactly as I can't find the relevant hair journal info even through Google cache. I hope the archives will be available soon!

Crysania
March 8th, 2008, 08:48 AM
i cut about an inch last month, I cut my hair in a U cut, the ends looked too thin
So I didnt get too much length since the board was down, but I gained in quality;)

Aelith
March 8th, 2008, 09:20 AM
I'm at 16.5". I think the last time I posted (a few months before the boards went down) I was around 14". I did cut it to a shorter bob at the time.

Anyway, I'm back on track. Most of the red is gone from my hair (I had several shades of dye from light at the top to dark at the bottom because of repeated dying), and I'm starting over with a clean slate.

eresh
March 8th, 2008, 09:57 AM
I got a remark from some people asking if my braid had gotten longer....
I doubt it though so I haven't dared measuring yet :-)

Lasiren
March 8th, 2008, 12:35 PM
I've been wearing my hair up every day and not measuring so I'm not really sure, but I think I got at le ast an inch of growth.

Flying Betty
March 8th, 2008, 12:49 PM
I'm now sitting on my ends accidentally on all but the hardest of surfaces. (Slouching a bit, though)

awesometruffle
March 8th, 2008, 12:59 PM
I think I officially hit waist!

:waving: Hi everyone! It's good to have my dissertation distraction back! :D

dancingbarefoot
March 8th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Calves are big - one can be at calf-length for a long time. :)
Ed

Same here. I haven't measured at all this year, but I'm still in the no-man's land called my calves. ;)

ETA: OK, so curiosity just got the better of me. My hair is 64" (162.5 cm). Some strands are longer, but most of it hits right at 64", so that's what I'm going with. I was thinking more around 67", but that makes sense because I trimmed off a couple of inches twice in the last few months.

Unnamed
March 8th, 2008, 01:23 PM
Well, 'while' LHC was down I got a net growth of .25". :rolleyes:

47.25" when LHC went down, 47.5" as of yesterday. Grew 1" in January, 0.5" in February, though! But my longest hair shed out sometime in the last week, so I'm only .25" longer than before, going with those specific dates. :lol:

Regardless of number, I'm in 'inching past mid-thigh' land, which I 'reached' right around when LHC went down. My legs are long, so 'thigh' is a rather long journey...and not much 'really' changed in that regard. :oops:

Medievalhair
March 8th, 2008, 02:23 PM
I'm BSL now, it grew quite a bit while LHC was down.

jtl45
March 8th, 2008, 03:03 PM
another 1.5 inches here!!!

redhead_rachel
March 8th, 2008, 05:27 PM
I'm now at 30 ins, so an inch I think

Valorie
March 8th, 2008, 08:33 PM
I officially have no "bangs" anymore so I think it grew at least an inch.

Himesama
March 8th, 2008, 08:45 PM
wow. It's nice to be back here again.
My hair is "this close" to waist. I am hoping to have 30 inches when I turn 30 in a couple of months, but am scared to measure in case I won't make it.
While the boards were down, my hair grew a fair amount. This may have been more because of the fact that I wasn't obsessing about it every day.

lulabelle
March 8th, 2008, 11:27 PM
I can tell by the roots that my hair has grown, but I'm maintaining it at this length for now so I don't know how much! It is nice to cut off those damaged ends though! Without LHC I haven't been measuring, but I think I kind of like it because instead of worrying about a number I pay more attention to how my hair actually looks and the right place on my body, rather than obsessing over a number. I'm sure I'll bring out the tape measure soon though. :P

DarthCynthia
March 8th, 2008, 11:32 PM
I actually didn't measure while the site was down. We decided to take a break from it and I just enjoyed not having too many issues with my products for a change and didn't even think about it. My hair *feels* longer, but who knows. I know I need to buy a new tape measure. When I last measured, the 60 inch tape measure I used wasn't long enough for the longest whispies (we tend to measure to where the bulk seems to fall, not to the longest tips).

I'm trying to remember where I was last, I think it was 58.5 inches but I can't remember which date it was (probably New Year's Day). I have no idea where it's at, now. I'll probably measure next month.

Buddaphlyy
March 8th, 2008, 11:47 PM
I didn't gain or lose despite having massive amounts of breakage. I still hope to get to my goal length at the end of the year though.

Elle
March 8th, 2008, 11:53 PM
Some of you have had fantastic growth! I think I only gained 1/4", but I'm fine with that. I'm already past my goal and have no idea where to grow from here. :smile:

magicatt
March 9th, 2008, 07:44 AM
I hit waist while LHC was down. I was so upset that I couldn't share that milestone with everyone when it happened.

Ponytale
March 9th, 2008, 11:02 AM
I had 3/4" of growth, but cut it off to back to 28" because I saw lots of splits. I may be at this length a very long time.... But the hair is healthy and has lot of spring, so I am still wondering if I should forgo my (once) longer length....

Blueneko
March 9th, 2008, 11:04 AM
I grew 1". :)

Yamale
March 10th, 2008, 01:35 PM
I've reached tb-length while the LHC was down. I'm really happy :D

cassie_g
March 10th, 2008, 01:37 PM
I got .75". Not bad.

redcelticcurls
March 10th, 2008, 01:38 PM
I got a 3 inch cut, lol. It needed it though.

Little_Bird
March 10th, 2008, 04:14 PM
My hair has been growing on a very average rate of half an inch per month. I am very happy with it! :)

waidz
March 10th, 2008, 05:28 PM
My hair has grown, although I haven't measured so not sure of the exact amount. The ends also curl upwards and to the side, so I'm not even sure if it actually is APL or not at the longest layers. My hair color also changed as the brunette dye washed out leaving the previously hilighted hair exposed (have hennaed since this photo). I have also done daily S&Ds as there is just so much damage and split ends, so my actual growth was a bit more. I am happy with the growth though.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2326/2325551832_5d9a75fe4a.jpg?v=0

blue_nant
March 10th, 2008, 07:47 PM
Oh ... measuring is a big hassle ... but the braid definitely grew while y'all were missing. It has started a new thing of the braid getting caught in a new place, is all.

For several weeks, when my double-hats would not fit over my braid-in-an-infinity, I wore it down. The dryness took its toll, but jojoba has mostly restored it.

MerryKat
March 11th, 2008, 03:12 AM
I passed BSL (66cm - 26') in January and by the end of February had reached 68cm - 26.8'. I seem to comfortably achieve 1.5cm - 0.59' growth per month.

Lucky
March 11th, 2008, 03:49 AM
I got decent growth, but nothing ground breaking. However, I did think a lot less about my hair, which makes it seem like it grew faster!

EllisGurl
March 11th, 2008, 03:56 AM
I've grown since LHC went down but I don't know exactly how much because I hadn't measured in several weeks before it did. The last time I measured I was at 26". Now I'm at 27.5" which is .5" away from waist http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f46/EllisGurl/Emoticons/happy/061.gif!!!

However, I'm due for a trim so that will set me back .5 to 1" but I don't plan to trim for another couple of week. We'll see where I am then....

Sammybunny711
March 11th, 2008, 05:20 AM
My hair grew a good bit but seems to be growing on the top layers while my bottom layers have stalled for the moment. I think the top is trying to catch up. I hate to do it but it has been longer than five months since a trim, so over spring break I am probably going to take about half an inch off to keep the ends healthy. I found some split ends the other day. We don't want those!:confused:

MelLuna
March 11th, 2008, 05:22 AM
My hair was cut 1/2 inch so it is the same as before the board was down.

Sapphire'sWings
March 11th, 2008, 07:41 AM
My hair grew another inch! From 23 inches to 24.

Funny, you know I was going to cut it the week before last. Good thing the salon was closed. I immediately snapped out of it!

harley mama
March 11th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I think I grew about an inch while LHC was down. But, I also shed about an inch of volume. :(

vindo
March 11th, 2008, 10:32 AM
I reached my goal of 100cm, think I had 97 before LHC broke..
Anyway..I have a new goal now ^^..my goal has been changing since BSL..Im starting to worry.

chrissy-b
March 14th, 2008, 12:17 AM
to my surprise i grew 1.5 inches. :joy:

growingitlonger
March 15th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I've got about 3/4 of am inch. I can tell from where my fringe has got to.

Poolsoflaughter
March 15th, 2008, 09:32 PM
I haven't actively measured my hair for a while, but I was above the shoulder around Halloween, so that's saying something...

almudena
March 16th, 2008, 10:06 AM
I actually lost some length. I cut a couple of inches in order to shorten the distance between my layers so my hair is barely waist now.

Hypatia
March 19th, 2008, 11:59 PM
Nearly two inches. I'm somewhere beyond 26 1/2 inches now.

WritingPrincess
March 20th, 2008, 05:48 PM
I grew from just past hip length to Tailbone length. Need to measure tonight. Also, my braid was annoying for awhile till I figured out how to manage it. Which only made me very happy.

aprilmay
March 20th, 2008, 05:49 PM
I think mine grew about an inch too, but my old measurement is MIA.

WritingPrincess
March 22nd, 2008, 01:44 PM
I was starting to think it would never be back.
I was SO feeling that way!

Robbi Dehlinger
March 22nd, 2008, 02:04 PM
Hi!

I have gotten some growth, but what I really have gotten in increased thickness, it also swings very nicely when I shake my head. Can hardly wait to see it swing down about mid back!!!

Robbi

LuXious
March 25th, 2008, 11:36 AM
I got another inch! And re-measured and my waist is only 32", not 34" so I got two inches off my total goal length! My goal is 32", too! How tall are you? I'm 5'3.5" That extra half-inch COUNTS!;)

savi
March 25th, 2008, 01:51 PM
It grew an inch, I think. I mesure every now and then so it's hard to tell. But I feel like I've been at "around BSL" forever now..