PDA

View Full Version : Trimming all those layers

Amara
January 2nd, 2009, 02:25 PM
I have not had a significant trim in a while, and I have a relaxed U shaped hemline, so I have lots of different lengths in the last few inches of my hair. My ends were sad and a regular S&D wasn't helping enough. I needed to get the last smidgen off of all my ends, but how?? I didn't want to chop several inches off the bottom in order to catch them all. So here's what I came up with - and it worked pretty well. I hope it works well for others, too.

Take a small section of hair, and weave it under your index finger, over middle finger, under ring finger, squishing fingers together with middle finger a little above the other two, so your hair is a 'bump' on top of the middle finger. The ends of your hair are toward your pinky finger. I started by grabbing the section of hair as close as possible to my scalp, but far away enough that I could see it. Then I slowly slid my fingers down the section of hair. All the little ends popped up because my middle finger pushed them up, but my ring finger held all the longer ones down. I snipped them just a bit. I did this all the way down to the ends of the hair. Then I did the next section! This seemed to work really well and I didn't have to cut very much off of any one section in order to get all the ends of all those little different length hairs.

HTH!

Amara

neon-dream
January 2nd, 2009, 02:49 PM
Wow! Thanks, this will help me, I have a V shaped hemline
Thanks for sharing :)!
:blossom: