PDA

View Full Version : Where do you find your AVG?

FoxFire
March 26th, 2008, 09:49 AM
I am planning on picking up some more AVG tomorrow. I'd like to try out the kind at Wal-Mart- can anyone tell me where it is usually located? How much does it cost?

Sorry if these questions have been asked before- I couldn't find anything using a search. Thanks!

spidermom
March 26th, 2008, 10:18 AM
I don't know what AVG is.

Curlsgirl
March 26th, 2008, 10:20 AM
Aloe vera gel right? It is located in the skincare section normally or right now you can probably get the big bottles in the tanning section. I stock up on those in the summer cuz they're way cheap. I think it's banana boat, the clear kind of course.

FoxFire
March 26th, 2008, 10:24 AM
Yep, Aloe Vera Gel is right! Thanks for the info, Curlsgirl.

doodlesmart
March 26th, 2008, 10:28 AM
I usually get Fruit of the Earth brand clear stuff and its sometimes in first aid with the sunscreen remedies. It's not expensive enough for me to remember how much it costs. I'd guess a couple of dollars for a really big bottle.

Tapioca
March 26th, 2008, 11:31 AM
My Wal-Mart only has the green stuff, so I found some at the natural food store.

LeaM07
March 26th, 2008, 11:36 AM
Our Wal-Mart used to carry it (at the best price also, if I remember correctly), but it doesn't any more. Here, Rite-Aid carries the Fruit of the Earth brand (thinking it's about $6 for a large bottle) and CVS carries a store brand ($3-ish for a smaller bottle). Both are in the sunscreen section. I might check Wal-Mart again this summer, though... could be a seasonal thing.

LeaM07
March 26th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Make sure it's 100% pure AVG when you buy... some clear brands are just as smelly as the green stuff.

spidermom
March 26th, 2008, 11:39 AM
Aloe vera gel right? It is located in the skincare section normally or right now you can probably get the big bottles in the tanning section. I stock up on those in the summer cuz they're way cheap. I think it's banana boat, the clear kind of course.

ACK! Why didn't I know that? Who slipped the stupid pill into my morning toast?

Kirin
March 26th, 2008, 11:52 AM
GNC usually sells tubes of it for 99 cents

Euphony
March 26th, 2008, 12:01 PM
ACK! Why didn't I know that? Who slipped the stupid pill into my morning toast?
You're not the only one. I was sitting here thinking 'hmmm avg...I have a virus protect by that name' then I read the OP and realized it couldn't possibly be the virus protect, so I was thinking 'apple...vinegar...noooo' oof, happy someone asked what it was!