PDA

View Full Version : The good thing with LHC being down..

MissHair
March 8th, 2008, 01:05 PM
Did anyone else besides myself obsess less over your hair the time LHC was down? I for one didnt measure my hair even once and I stopped obsessing in front of the mirror and I think my hair has grown so much during this time. But Im still happy to be back, I absolutely love this place! :D

Unofficial_Rose
March 8th, 2008, 01:23 PM
I did stop measuring. Could never measure very accurately though. But since it's up today, yep, measuring again ;)

Bought quite a few hairtoys though - even without enablement :)

Hella
March 8th, 2008, 01:24 PM
I actually noticed quite the opposite kind of reaction in myself. I can't remember the last time before the period of time when LHC was down that I would have obsessed so completely over my hair! It was almost as bad as when I first joined and started paying more attention to the mop. I really missed reading others' journals and threads and their "obsessing". When LHC was down I couldn't get my hair fix from anywhere and spent the time I usually spent surfing the board in front of the mirror fluffing, stretching, combing, curling and in the end, moaning about my hair.

I'm positive that things will get back to normal now and I'll get back to my "wash and go" -routine and indifference when it comes to my hair. :face:

girlcat36
March 8th, 2008, 01:29 PM
I neglected my hair while LHC was down. I guess I couldn't get motivated with out the inspirational hair pics. And I didn't have my hair journal to keep track of my hair habits. The result----twice as much shedding! I am now back on track!

FrannyG
March 8th, 2008, 02:29 PM
The only thing that changed for me is that I didn't try out any new styles or take hair photos, except for my progress pic. Other than that, I was treating my hair the way I've been treating it since I first found LHC.

rubyredslippers
March 8th, 2008, 02:42 PM
Since I'm a newbie anyways, and only joined LHC a few weeks before it went down, I found that I tried less new methods and styles than I probably would've had LHC been up. I also paid less attention to the progress that my few newly-instituted methods created. Nor did I measure.

Certainly, I'm grateful to be back!:D

Melisande
March 8th, 2008, 02:57 PM
OT: Girlcat, your hair looks amazing!!! Great progress. I'm so happy for you.

Gothic Lolita
March 8th, 2008, 03:02 PM
I was less obsessed, I think. But I really missed it at the beginnign, because I had a lot of trouble with split ends...
Feels good that it's up again, but maybe it was also good, that it was down for a while!

Mahars
March 8th, 2008, 03:09 PM
I was more obsessed but mostly because my ends inexplicably started getting really dry and crunchy and I couldn't ask for advice from you helpful LHCrs. I started obsessing about what to do about it and ended up buying a bunch of products that didn't work. :(

chelles2kids
March 8th, 2008, 05:43 PM
Yep, alot less obsessing for me too.

No measuring, no oiling (I know this is probably not a good thing), no buying any new hair products, although I did partake during the keytlo sale, no constantly looking for dry ends or splits, etc.

I've missed LHC, but having the break helped me to reassess how much time I did actually spend obsessing, so hopefully now I'll be able pace it a bit better.......or not???:D
We'll see.

Michelle

girlcat36
March 8th, 2008, 06:06 PM
OT: Girlcat, your hair looks amazing!!! Great progress. I'm so happy for you.

Thank you, Melisande!

EnkaiNami
March 8th, 2008, 06:08 PM
I got some of my hair cut. >_> I've never really done that before, so it didn't have so much to do with LHC being down. ^^; I'm just so glad it's back (even though I'm not sure why it was down in the first place?)

hrimfaxi
March 8th, 2008, 06:51 PM
I didn't miss LHC until it was down. ;)

I spent more time panicking about my hair while LHC was down, and missed the enabling. You guys are terrible for my wallet! :grin:
I actually missed my journal, too, which is odd, because I felt like I didn't particularly need a journal while I did have one...

Xandergrammy
March 8th, 2008, 07:30 PM
The only thing that changed for me is that I didn't try out any new styles or take hair photos, except for my progress pic. Other than that, I was treating my hair the way I've been treating it since I first found LHC.

Same for me, franny. No new styles, not many pictures.... but my hair still got all the love and attention it deserves. :grin:

UrbanEast
March 10th, 2008, 11:44 AM
Nah, I just transferred my obsession to TBB. :)

Sapphire'sWings
March 10th, 2008, 11:59 AM
I stopped obsessing over my hair long ago before LHC went down. I have not measured in a long time. I measure if a long time has passed or I notice a great difference in hair length. As long as my hair looks good, I just let it be.

Elenna
March 10th, 2008, 01:08 PM
I started wearing hair up more in ponytails and French Twists.

Elenna

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb144/elenna_2007/Elenna-10-14-2007-4mos-LHC-small.jpg

Little_Bird
March 10th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I actualy was a little less obssessive with my hair but probably it was not because LHC was down but because I've been so busy with university. Anyways, it's good that i's back again! I like obssessing a little with my hair because I want to keep trims to a minimum so I really have to be hair sensible :P

So... yay for LHC being back! :D

Minx
March 10th, 2008, 04:37 PM
I stopped obessing and now I'm paying for it. My spilt ends have gone MAD!
Although, it could be coincidence...

Kyamo
March 10th, 2008, 04:59 PM
I stayed about the same. I've been at LHC for quite awhile so I wasn't obsessing anymore anyways even with it up. I just measured at the end of the month, as I usually do. I guess with it down there were no links for hairtoys to tempt me though!

witchhazel
March 10th, 2008, 05:45 PM
I stopped obsessing... but I can feel it coming back with a vengance now. So pleased LHC is back.

Aibell77
March 10th, 2008, 05:54 PM
Less obsessing about my hair, more about my make up... (thanks to the beauty bottle)

:)

And, with less obsessing about my hair, it suddenly creeped up to 30 inches :)

meliora
March 10th, 2008, 08:14 PM
I actually kept up with my routine: washing every other day and occasional oilings. I bought one new hairtoy and celebrated my one year anniversary at TBB.

I stopped measuring and didn't think about my hair too much overall, but there was no significant difference. I tended to obsess over my hair even before LHC, lol.

wintersun99
March 10th, 2008, 08:30 PM

capelli lunghi
March 10th, 2008, 11:07 PM
I actually got to know ppl better.. With the much smaller group that made it over to TBB.. it was a smaller community for a while.. I was able to learn more about a lot of people.. It was rather overwhelming even for someone who is on the internet and different forums all the time.. I'm certainly not glad that the board crashed, but I am happy for things that came out of a bad situation!

Xanthippe
March 10th, 2008, 11:23 PM
I forgot to measure and I think I'm not going to measure anymore. I also started to see my hair as somewhat long, rather than feeling that it's short compared to the hair here. :lol:

CitznMag
March 11th, 2008, 07:46 AM
I was less obsessive with my hair while LHC was down but came very close to chopping it off. Luckily I transferred my obsession to improving my eating habits and have lost 25 lbs, whoo hoo! Hopefully this improved eating will contribute to healthier growth and condition.

Juliabean
March 11th, 2008, 08:00 AM
I was not so worried about my hair, and it seems healthier now for some reason:rolleyes:

harley mama
March 11th, 2008, 10:16 AM
I was/am still obsessing. But, I think it has more to do with the chemo treatments than anything else at this point!

Haldir
March 11th, 2008, 10:19 AM
Haha that's right actually... I haven't been actually giving much thought about my hair lately and I've been caring for it even less. Might not be a good thing actually. :p

Loviatar
March 11th, 2008, 10:25 AM
I ignored my hair, pretty much, apart from the weekend when I henna'd it.

I also thought 'blow it' and went back to silicones - Dove and Tresemme. I was tired of my ends looking ratty and I wasnt prepared to trim yet. Also, I may need the support of cones in a while.

My hair actually looks OK, thought I am a little worried that daily twisting up and fixing in a bun with a Ficcare is causing damage.

WritingPrincess
March 20th, 2008, 06:22 PM
I spent a lot of time playing with my hair. Also when I made a discovery or had a question, I would think, "Oh, I'll post this on LHC. . .wait, they're gone."

kissedbyfyre
March 20th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I stopped fussing with it period and before I knew it I hit classic. Which WAS helpful. But, I neglected my poor hair as well. Now that I'm back, I'll be spending money I shouldn't on neutral henna later today for a deep conditioning treatment. :p

I should say that it was a good 2 years ago that I was going through a "no more blogs, communities, PERIOD" phase of life. So I'm saying from then on.

aprilmay
March 20th, 2008, 07:41 PM
I joined right before it went down and I still have lots of questions! About styles, products, and care.

Elleyena
March 20th, 2008, 09:05 PM
I missed LHC...but I switched off on my reaction. Some days I obsessed, others I didn't. I did get better at using my hair sticks though!