PDA

View Full Version : Ojon - OMG!

zen_oven
January 1st, 2009, 08:50 PM
So hubby gave me some Ojon for Christmas and I got to try it today. I followed the directions--used a bit more than 1/2 teaspoon, got my hair thoroughly saturated with it and left it on for 20 minutes before rinsing. Thing is, my usual CWC routine couldn't get it out easily. I ended up having to shampoo my entire length, which I haven't done in a while.

I'm not complaining about the results one bit, mind you, because my hair came out really soft and the Ojon definitely gave it some moisture. I had been worried I wouldn't like the smell as some LHCers mentioned they didn't like the smell. I thought it smelled like chocolate and coffee, though, and I was very happy with how my hair turned out.

What I'm wondering is if anyone else had the issue of having to shampoo their whole length to get it to rinse out. If so, did you come up with any other solutions? I'd prefer to not have to shampoo my entire length, but CWC just didn't seem to be adequate, and I didn't want my hair to feel sticky with Ojon.

Thanks in advance!

Beloved
January 1st, 2009, 09:19 PM
When I used Ojon, I would put it on my dry hair as a leave-in treatment. It's great for winter. At the time I was only shampooing or co-washing once or twice per week. Ojon is just plant oils, so it will wear off or degrade within a few days on your hair. I was wearing my hair up a lot, so I didn't mind the extra oil in the meantime.

So my answer is, no, you don't need to shampoo it off, as long as you are planning on leaving it on for a few days between washes. Otherwise, try using less.

zen_oven
January 1st, 2009, 09:58 PM
I plan to try a really small amount as a leave in too. I certainly did like the results of the full treatment, but felt like I had to wash so it wouldn't feel gunky after. Love this stuff though.

Debra83
January 1st, 2009, 10:19 PM
I had to do the same thing....I use it just for deep treatments...and coconut oil for others

katiana
January 1st, 2009, 11:44 PM
I really like Ojon products and when I used them, I do have to shampoo the entire length...I find coconut oil really hard to rinse out of my hair ( end up with parts of hair greasy )..with the Ojon, not at all, and my hair feels really soft and has less tangles after use...I really am one of those that love that chocolate, cigar like smell :)

Comfrey
January 2nd, 2009, 05:38 AM
I use ojon and have for a few weeks. I use it to saturate my hair the night before washing and then in the morning I use the tawaka cleanser and conditioner.

I love it

ETA I only wash my hair once a week anyway and I dont have to wash the entire length. I just make sure I rinse well with water before using the cleanser.

zen_oven
January 2nd, 2009, 10:59 AM
I really am one of those that love that chocolate, cigar like smell :)

I like it too. I was worried I wouldn't, but to me it smells like chocolate and coffee with a little cigar ash. :D

zen_oven
January 2nd, 2009, 11:01 AM
Thanks everyone--good to know I wasn't doing something wrong. It's a really good deep treatment, and I'm going to also try applying a tiny bit to damp hair after washing. I only wash once or twice a week these days.

LilyMunster
January 2nd, 2009, 12:33 PM
I apply lightly to damp hair as a leave-in.