PDA

View Full Version : For four days, I had 1c hair...

GlennaGirl
January 1st, 2009, 05:20 PM
Ahhhhh. This was wonderful...

We went away to Santa Barbara (about 100 miles away from me) on Monday and just got back. While I was near the ocean, and in a sprinkling shower this morning, I had 1c hair instead of 1a. It was fabulous!

So that clinches it. We have to move to Santa Barbara. Period. I mean okay, the incredible scenery, the lovely weather (usually), the rolling green mountains, Solvang just north, walkable downtown and farmer's market were...okay. But MY HAIR WAS WAVY. Did you hear me...my hair was wavy...that was the icing on the cake...

Hope everybody had a great holiday & that 2009 is filled with wonderful surprises!

twilight_faerie
January 1st, 2009, 06:16 PM
Hmm. My hair is 1c and I wish it was 1a. The grass is greener, I guess.

GlennaGirl
January 1st, 2009, 06:17 PM
Hmm. My hair is 1c and I wish it was 1a. The grass is greener, I guess.

Well then we need to switch homes. :p

ItalianFlower
January 1st, 2009, 06:29 PM
I LOVE that feeling...where you go to a new place and your hair is absolutely THRILLED. :)

Oskimosa
January 1st, 2009, 06:31 PM
Yea, the humidity here is YUCK and I'd love to go back home where my hair doesn't get so wiry. It's not like it really curls, it just... gets disorganized and puffier.

Was it humidity that did that to your hair? And it didn't feel heavy and oppressive on your skin?

misstwist
January 1st, 2009, 07:09 PM
You know, the way humidity feels to us depends on where we grow up, I think. I grew up in the midwest and I just can't cope with the dryness on the high plains and in the desert.

We work in Kansas in the summer and I would much rather be in eastern Kansas with 90 degree weather and 90% humidity than in western Kansas with 90 degree weather and 20% humidity. And don't even get me started about Arizona. We only go in the winter and early spring, their wet season, and I use up an entire bottle of nasel saline spray in a couple weeks. I get a dry rattle when it's dry and all the water gets sucked out of my skin no matter how much I drink. I can work outside all day in the humidity and not get tired, not the case in the dry heat.

Also, my hair is nice and curly. :)

*end threadjack*

kam984420
January 1st, 2009, 07:13 PM
You know, the way humidity feels to us depends on where we grow up, I think. I grew up in the midwest and I just can't cope with the dryness on the high plains and in the desert.

We work in Kansas in the summer and I would much rather be in eastern Kansas with 90 degree weather and 90% humidity than in western Kansas with 90 degree weather and 20% humidity. And don't even get me started about Arizona. We only go in the winter and early spring, their wet season, and I use up an entire bottle of nasel saline spray in a couple weeks. I get a dry rattle when it's dry and all the water gets sucked out of my skin no matter how much I drink. I can work outside all day in the humidity and not get tired, not the case in the dry heat.

Also, my hair is nice and curly. :)

*end threadjack*

I've lived in eastern Kansas all my life and absolutely hate it. I can't wait to move away. Where in eastern Kansas did you work?

Sissy
January 1st, 2009, 07:19 PM
Ha... I would love to trade my slightly wavy hair for your 1a hair... anytime. I am on a quest for straight without heat damage. I don't know if I'll ever find it.

Like someone said above... the grass is always greener :D

EvaSimone
January 1st, 2009, 07:21 PM
Oooh Glenna I was so excited when I realized that I was a 2a instead of a 1b like I originally thought.

You might be wavier than you think.. :hmm:

Have you ever done a hairtyping? Airdryed, no touching.

spidermom
January 1st, 2009, 07:50 PM
I'm glad you enjoyed wavy hair. I usually enjoy mine, too. But I'd love more 1A time. So sleek and shiny; the best!

GlennaGirl
January 1st, 2009, 07:56 PM
ItalianFlower, yes, it's a very neat thing to happen!

Oskimosa, I agree with misstwist's answer...I grew up in a much more humid environment than here (northern NJ) and humidity feels wonderful to me.

Sissy, yep, the grass definitely is always greener on the other side. Before I moved here, I thought I'd love to have 100% straight hair. (Note: my siggy pic is post-bunning so it has some wave.) I thought it would shine like glass and hang like a curtain...like the 1a hair I see on here all the time. :D It does shine, but...it feels so so so thin and it goes piece-y. I'm not really complaining...things could be worse. It's just that I forgot what it felt like to have a little wave and body!

Eva, I don't know the last time I airdried my hair without touching it at all before taking the picture...I usually run a comb through it. I will try to remember that the next time I CO.

Spidermom, I'd enjoy that hair too if I had it!!! :D

twilight_faerie
January 2nd, 2009, 02:05 PM
I don't know the last time I airdried my hair without touching it at all before taking the picture...I usually run a comb through it. I will try to remember that the next time I CO.

Yep, the first time I let my hair dry without combing it was the first time I hairtyped. I can't stand having my hair dry while it's all tangled from my shower. I think you're allowed to run a comb through while you're still in the shower when hairtyping, though. After you step out, though, it's hands off.

Oberon88
January 2nd, 2009, 03:19 PM
Glenna girl,
I go to School in SB and I notice a huge difference in my hair every time I go!
Glad you enjoyed it.