PDA

View Full Version : Condition, wash, rinse anyone?

Checkers
January 1st, 2009, 05:16 PM
I have been doing a wash (VERY diluted Dr. Bronner soap), condition (no cone organic) and rinse (very diluted vinegar). I had a day this week where my hair seemed too dry and wasn't shiny, so I did CWCR. The result was very weighed down and greasy looking, shiny but with no curl. So I did condition, wash, vinegar rinse and it came out great. I had lots of shine without losing my curl. I've only done this one so I don't know if it's a good change yet. Has anyone used this sequence with ongoing good results?

speakyword
January 1st, 2009, 08:01 PM
when you say condition, wash and vinegar rinse, do you mean conditioning the full head, washing the full head and rinsing the full head? or do you mean condition the length below the ears, wash the scalp and then do a vinegar rinse on the whole head as in the cwc method?

wintersun99
January 1st, 2009, 08:24 PM
I have been doing this recently - but I'm not using regular shampoo. I've been using VO5 Kiwi Lime conditioner on whole head, water rinse, than shampoo bar on whole head, than water rinse. My hair has been loving this routine so far, but it's only been one week... :)

The shampoo bar I'm using is the Zizyphus Spina Christi and Juniper Shampoo Bar from H4H. I know that a lot of people didn't seem to like the shampoo bars from there, but I seem to be having really good luck with this one.

p.s. - just to clarify a point -
I am using this routine for now, but my hair is quiter short these days and even if I wanted to, I couldn't condition the length only. However, when my hair is beyone SL I do the CWC routine and the conditioner is only at ears down. Different lengths, different routines :D

Checkers
January 1st, 2009, 09:29 PM
Speakyword, I'm only at should length now. Regardless of order, I condition only past 3" from scalp (I'm a wavy, curly, somewhat course), wash with 1/4 tsp Dr. Bronner to about 1.5 cup water mix on whole head, vinegar rinse, with same ratio as wash mix, avoiding bangs (they get greasy with vinegar for some reason). I did the same mixes for WCR as CWR.
Wintersun99, I certainely would consider getting a shampoo bar. It's worth a try just to have different options. I'm still trying new things as I seem to get greasy or dry from the same formulas and routines. But either one is still so much better than before I found LHC and gave up on main stream products. My hair doesn't like cones at all!

Koskaan
January 2nd, 2009, 12:30 AM
When I'm planning to CWC, but am lazy/in a hurry, I drop the second C, so I do a CW. I use mild sulphate-free shampoo and light conditioner. I never follow with a vinegar rinse, though. For my wavy-ish hair, this makes it moisturised enough to not misbehave. But I've noticed that my hair needs more moisture to look really nice. It doesn't look good worn down after a CW, for example.

Aditi
January 2nd, 2009, 02:13 AM
I haven't tried this sort of method. Hmmm might as well give it a go.

Katze
January 2nd, 2009, 02:52 AM
I often condition, shampoo, then rinse with water. This works well for me, since my hair gets weighed down rather easily. However, since I've been swimming weekly I've had a bad conscience (even though I do everything possible to protect my hair!) and have been back to a very light CWC.

Personally I think there is nothing wrong with not conditioning after a wash, especially if you do not wash the length...

jasper
August 24th, 2009, 07:11 PM
Condition, wash, rinse, yep. This is my newly adopted method. For a long time, I just haven't liked ending the process with conditioner because it makes my hair limp. Also, I condition the length, wash my scalp, then rinse everything.