PDA

View Full Version : Going for a trim, any suggestions?

Mishka_84
January 1st, 2009, 12:20 AM
I definitely need to get my hair trimmed, I have way too many split ends. The good news is, the splits really are just at the ends, so not much needs to be trimmed off. I intend to go in with the instructions to cut no more than an inch, maybe 1.5 inches... but no more. Does anyone have any other suggestions? I don't want to overlook something and end up with any drastic changes.

I thought about getting bangs, but I don't think my face structure would look good like that. Here's a pic, so let me know what you think. If you think bangs would be ok, what style do you think?

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3243/3154916913_e8d91abb5d.jpg?v=0

Also, my hair's doesn't have a whole lot of volume, so that's another reason I'm not sure about bangs. Would they make my hair look even more thin?

Thanks for any help or suggestions y'all give!

Euphony
January 1st, 2009, 12:25 AM
I think you look great as is, without bangs - but I've also not seen you with bangs.

One piece of advice I have is be precise in what you want. Explain exactly what you want trimmed, where and how much.

Stubborn
January 1st, 2009, 12:28 AM
I personally don't think you should get bangs, but hey if that's what you want. Just my opinion, I like hair all at one length lol.

Tell them to just trim 1 inch and ask them to show you how much they think 1 inch is.

Mishka_84
January 1st, 2009, 12:30 AM
Tell them to just trim 1 inch and ask them to show you how much they think 1 inch is.

Haha, I like that, ask them to show me how much 1 inch is? Lol... I didn't think it would be difficult, but you're right, it'd be better to make sure they understand first.

OhioLisa
January 1st, 2009, 05:27 AM
I vote for no bangs as well. And I personally don't trust many hairdressers (no offense to those out there) so I would try a self-trim. If you do go, I agree that giving them a visual "only take this much" and demonstrating is actually a good idea. You might also want to have your "I don't want..." list ready for them, which should minimize her/him trying to talk you into something you don't want. Just my :twocents:

Carolyn
January 1st, 2009, 05:50 AM
Practice saying what you want to say in front of a mirror. It's kind of like rehearsing your lines for a play.

spidermom
January 1st, 2009, 11:46 AM
I think it would be best if you keep your hair all one length. It looks like you don't have a lot of thickness to spare for bangs.

Siava
January 1st, 2009, 12:41 PM
Mishka, thankfully bangs aren't the rest of your hair. If you want them, go for them. You can always grow them out while keeping the length of the majority of your hair. Some folks really like a bit of fringe! I definitely agree with asking the stylist to show you his/her vesion of what he/she considered 1" to be. You might be stunned! Heh.

Speckla
January 1st, 2009, 12:56 PM
I hold my fingers up and show the hairdresser what an inch is to me or hold your ends up and show them the spot they are allow to cut.

I'd say go for bangs but keep them slightly long so you can pin them up if you want to.
________
FERRARI 375 F1 SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.ferrari-wiki.com/wiki/Ferrari_375_F1)