PDA

View Full Version : The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 [62] 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

KameRose
March 12th, 2019, 10:20 PM
Thank you musicalSpoons :) I use some thin pincers (https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/31x%2BrhdG76L._SY450_.jpg) both to detatch and attach again the centerpieces.

O, thank-you so much for sharing Milady. I've been warring with myself over modding some of my flexi's. I have a few I would like to mod and dismember, but don't want to do any destroying. I'm going to pick up a pair tomorrow. I just went to my tool box and tried it but all the ones I have are too thick at the end. :p

And I love that Dragon mod!

I found my self at a craft fair this past Sunday and guess what the first booth by the door was? Yup, it was a pair of Lilla Rose reps.:cheer: I wasn't wearing a flexi that day, I had some aquaman tridents in my hair. They asked if they could help me, I told them I was just trying to figure out how many I could afford to buy right now. :couch: They liked that response.

Anyway, I decided to limit myself to five. And three of them are ones I thought I didn't like!(the second, fourth, and fifth ones)

https://i.imgur.com/YeBzxbth.jpg

eresh
March 13th, 2019, 07:49 AM
Those are really nice!
Especially the pawprint pins :o

mwallingford
March 13th, 2019, 03:52 PM
What amazing finds KameRose! Every time I go to any type of event I keep my eyes peeled for a Lilla Rose booth but I've never had the kind of luck it takes to find them (here's a :violin: playing just for me and my first world problems...)

KameRose
March 13th, 2019, 04:49 PM
Thank-you Eresh :blossom:

And now for a bad hair selfie. This star flexi has been in my hair all day, and it is just behaving so well in my hair I couldn't bring myself to take it out and get my hair straight. But it's called a bad hair selfie for a reason right? And practice makes perfect, apparently I need a lot more practice. I took like 20 pictures, this was the best one. :p

https://i.imgur.com/0fwWrtsh.jpg

And I did get a new pair of pliers. Decided I'd start with something simple and just remove a stick. Well I got the stick off with little issue, however when I almost had it back together the end of the wire snapped off. :justy:

Guess I need to make a trip to a different store tomorrow and get some new wire for it.

KameRose
March 13th, 2019, 05:04 PM
What amazing finds KameRose! Every time I go to any type of event I keep my eyes peeled for a Lilla Rose booth but I've never had the kind of luck it takes to find them (here's a :violin: playing just for me and my first world problems...)

Thank-you!

Oh, I've driven my mother nuts dragging her along to different craft fairs in the area in the hopes that I'll run into a rep. I don't like going to that stuff alone. I always feel like I need an extra set of eyes. One weekend we went to like five different ones with no luck. :rolleyes:

Now that I've met a couple local-ish reps I may just contact one and ask if and where they'll be that weekend.

MusicalSpoons
March 14th, 2019, 07:35 AM
KameRose nice selection!

Have any European peeps had any issues returning flexis to the Germany office? My tracking says it couldn't be delivered because more address information is needed so now it's just sitting at the depot, but I wrote exactly what it said on the form :confused: [I don't know if I can reclaim the postage from PayPal because the postage receipt doesn't show the full address, and I don't even know if it will be returned to me because Tracked&Signed was cheaper than just Tracked and of course they haven't had anyone sign for it ... if they had, there'd be no problem anyway :brickwall]

eadwine
March 14th, 2019, 10:23 AM
I have returned like that twice.. both times no issue at all.

Diana_Prince
March 15th, 2019, 09:29 AM
I’ve had my eye on the Adora flexi for foreverrrrr. Does anyone here have it? If so, I’d love to see some action shots!

KameRose
March 15th, 2019, 04:28 PM
KameRose nice selection!

Thank-you MusicalSpoons! :blossom:

I have one of those stylist exclusive dragonfly's heading my way now. :D

shaluwm_agape
March 15th, 2019, 09:27 PM
Tracy is now on IG!

eresh
March 16th, 2019, 06:32 AM
Whats her full IG name?

KameRose, good choice, the dragonfly is really beautiful!

shaluwm_agape
March 16th, 2019, 05:47 PM
Tracy_loving_my_hair

Stray_mind
March 20th, 2019, 03:13 AM
Cross posting from another thread, but i just made a LWB with a flexi. I expected it to fall out, but it holds So well!

https://i.imgur.com/YaklxnJ.jpg

Stray_mind
March 20th, 2019, 06:02 AM
Just brought home the tatanka as well... I Love it.

Sorry for the messy bun, my index finger of the left hand got bitten trough by a cat,so it's a bit hard to control the movements while making a bun.

https://i.imgur.com/1znakWw.jpg

eresh
March 20th, 2019, 08:13 AM
Tracy_loving_my_hair

Thanks! I added her :-)

Beautiful buns Stray_mind!

Stray_mind
March 20th, 2019, 02:38 PM
Thanks! I added her :-)

Beautiful buns Stray_mind!
Thank you. :blossom:

Henrietta
March 21st, 2019, 01:32 AM
Could you guys post a direct link to Tracy's account? I don't have an IG account so I can only search through Google (and bookmark her profile to follow it)... and it only finds me her account on selfieus, not an IG one.

Stray_mind, the Tatanka looks majestic in your hair!

Stray_mind
March 21st, 2019, 01:40 AM
Could you guys post a direct link to Tracy's account? I don't have an IG account so I can only search through Google (and bookmark her profile to follow it)... and it only finds me her account on selfieus, not an IG one.

Stray_mind, the Tatanka looks majestic in your hair!

Thanks!
I really really am glad i purchased it.

Here is a link to tracy's IG

I hope it works.

https://instagram.com/tracy_loving_my_hair?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1e5xukxupfj5j

Henrietta
March 21st, 2019, 05:20 AM
Thanks!
I really really am glad i purchased it.

Here is a link to tracy's IG

I hope it works.

https://instagram.com/tracy_loving_my_hair?utm_source=ig_profile_share&igshid=1e5xukxupfj5j

It does! Thank you so much!

Henrietta
March 25th, 2019, 02:44 AM
Has anyone seen any sneak peeks of the April FOTM?

eresh
March 25th, 2019, 07:26 AM
Not yet!...

C_Bookworm
March 25th, 2019, 07:35 AM
Nope! Wondering if maybe they aren’t going to show it until after they release a joke picture on April 1?

Groovy Granny
March 25th, 2019, 09:20 AM
Cross posting from another thread, but i just made a LWB with a flexi. I expected it to fall out, but it holds So well!

Just brought home the tatanka as well... I Love it.

Sorry for the messy bun, my index finger of the left hand got bitten trough by a cat,so it's a bit hard to control the movements while making a bun.

Cool clips in pretty buns :thumbsup:

Stray_mind
March 25th, 2019, 02:43 PM
Has anyone seen any sneak peeks of the April FOTM?
Nope. Maybe it will be shown in a few days...

I hope it's a pretty one.

GG-thank you so much! :blossom:

amlepi
March 25th, 2019, 04:13 PM
Do you know how to change e-mail and password to lilla rose's account?

eadwine
March 25th, 2019, 05:23 PM
I have seen them on facebook already ;)

https://www.facebook.com/lrtasyh/posts/407509936693902?__xts__%5B0%5D=68.ARCpmeLWaJ-5lbROAOseZNcJkQGE2WX6ulE99DATOrAEGUB7Qt0k3FTa058-Bpg4e9E3yvJqGhFTzTCwIuDIszmRpoOjDQIUkocIlAGKhDEnUM Z75QdBCbN9JZWaGcHdE7eP2diEz8VwwcNEn8H5w2YMT3ArU-mZw7x2nLzNQxd9iNAMh9EORpN5666UGXVE6DyO1Tl-9091Ndk-cR3xmd_d2TETPo4hWIFBviUXg3vtQzov1NP1171MFFH_bJugzo hqCm5kcsgNe1uGC-TAvkSMiCpJzTL5Z-y_-k6NR_2RJiyqWcQvYJ_QW7QxiRUJ1OuBbgk8QopmjEbtVk06rt7 VZBkWELq4154WKbeCHUHmxyjQMN_f_g&__tn__=-R

pardon the huge link ;)

AmaryllisRed
March 25th, 2019, 05:59 PM
Oh, the elephant is cute!

blackgothicdoll
March 25th, 2019, 08:26 PM
Uh oh... I'll at least need the elephant.

deeisme
March 25th, 2019, 11:00 PM
Loving this Dusky Rose!
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36226&d=1553575004

C_Bookworm
March 26th, 2019, 08:40 AM
Ohhhh, the elephant and sunflower are calling my name :heartbeat

That dusky rose is such a great color in your hair, deeisme! I like the details of the centerpiece.

Stray_mind
March 26th, 2019, 08:49 AM
Hmmm i am not sure if i will get the elephant...

It looks cute, but not something i HAVE to have.

:)

eresh
March 26th, 2019, 09:07 AM
Beautiful Deeisme!

I'm safe for the FotM.
Though I do like the combination of colours

shaluwm_agape
March 26th, 2019, 09:37 AM
Getting the sunflower!

C_Bookworm
March 26th, 2019, 10:44 AM
Ohhhh, the elephant and sunflower are calling my name :heartbeat

And the copper elephant U-pins, and the leather Tessa. :p Facebook browsing is dangerous.

deeisme
March 26th, 2019, 11:30 AM
LHC is a terrible enabler! I come on here and find all sorts of things I didn't know I needed. :D

C_Bookworm
March 26th, 2019, 12:40 PM
LHC is a terrible enabler! I come on here and find all sorts of things I didn't know I needed. :D
:rollin: Yes!

shaluwm_agape
March 26th, 2019, 04:00 PM

This! So true

melesine
March 26th, 2019, 06:47 PM
Ooo I need the elephant

Ophidian
March 26th, 2019, 10:10 PM
Getting the sunflower!

Me too! Black eyed Susan’s are my favorite flower :) :)

Ophidian
March 26th, 2019, 10:12 PM
Loving this Dusky Rose!
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36226&d=1553575004

Those colors are stunning in your hair!! :crush:

deeisme
March 26th, 2019, 10:35 PM
That dusky rose is such a great color in your hair, deeisme! I like the details of the centerpiece.

Beautiful Deeisme!

Those colors are stunning in your hair!! :crush:

Thanks so much!

languagenut
March 27th, 2019, 04:24 PM
Just wanted to show off my first-ever leather Flexi! It's a black XL, that I bought from Ophidian! I like how I can get a textured look by having the stitched side out, or a smooth look by wearing it stitched-side-in! :D

LWB, paired with a self-made stick cut from a natural tree stick:
https://i.postimg.cc/bJg4y430/IMG-6152.jpg

Squished cinnabun, paired with a Computer Matrix Ead:

https://i.postimg.cc/vTmkcXNJ/IMG_6159.jpg

Groovy Granny
March 27th, 2019, 04:32 PM
Loving this Dusky Rose!

Very pretty!

Just wanted to show off my first-ever leather Flexi! It's a black XL, that I bought from Ophidian! I like how I can get a textured look by having the stitched side out, or a smooth look by wearing it stitched-side-in! :D

I love my leathers.....and yours look great with those sticks..... enjoy!

Ophidian
March 27th, 2019, 05:54 PM
Awww languagenut it looks great on you, and seems like a perfect fit!! :)

BerrySara
March 27th, 2019, 07:12 PM
languagenut they look really nice and your hair is just so lovely!

KameRose
March 27th, 2019, 07:22 PM
Oh wow, deeisme and languagenut those are some stunning action shots. Make me want to get that dusky plum even though I general dislike the color purple and I never considered wearing the stitches on the outside, I'm going to have to take a serious second look at leathers...

Look like I'm safe for another month, which is good. I have other toys lined up to buy. :silly:

Gah! Why do I feel like my collection is still so small? I have 46 flexis already and still feel like I am just getting started.

AmaryllisRed
March 27th, 2019, 09:35 PM
Haha! I have four flexis and feel like I probably shouldn't buy any more!

Henrietta
March 28th, 2019, 06:45 AM
languagenut the Flexi looks fantastic in your hair. I love your bun! I went to your profile to see if you have more pictures, so that I could happily admire them instead of working :D
Can you imagine I never paid attention to the fact that those leather Flexis have two different sides? I don't have any of these, but still – I've seen so many pictures, I thought I would have noticed.

In terms of collection sizes, I have 37 clips and there are 2 more on my shopping list. And I honestly wouldn't like to have more. That's why I'm actually glad when I don't like any of the new releases. If I do like them, I just have to have them, life cannot go on otherwise – as I'm sure you understand! ;)

lunasea
March 29th, 2019, 12:49 PM
Shut your eyes tight if you hate mutilated flexis! :hatchet: Otherwise, hues of blue with a Mei Fa stick! The sun's out! Yay!
https://i.imgur.com/ZZs8PAJ.jpg

milosmomma
March 29th, 2019, 01:56 PM
Lovely combo lunasea! It really shines with your colors in the sunlight, yay for sun and nice weather :)

lunasea
March 29th, 2019, 02:07 PM
Thank you! It’s been raining for months, I had to take a picture in the sun! :flowers:

AmaryllisRed
March 29th, 2019, 02:47 PM
Beautiful, lunasea!

lunasea
March 29th, 2019, 03:03 PM
Thank YOU!

Groovy Granny
March 29th, 2019, 09:16 PM
Shut your eyes tight if you hate mutilated flexis! :hatchet: Otherwise, hues of blue with a Mei Fa stick! The sun's out! Yay!

That is a beautiful combo in your hair :love:

SurprisingWoman
March 29th, 2019, 09:54 PM
I bought 4 mega flexi's after I cannoned onto the hair toy train. I am an idiot but you compensate where you need to.

Here are pictures of my mega flexi. It was the only way I could get it to fit on a disc bun. I have tried other buns for the flexi but they just don't work.

I am not thrilled but I know that I am not the only LHC person to buy hair toys that don't actually work for them in the long run. What do I do? I can't braid. I am not good at fancy stuff up do's. I am a LWB, Cinnabon and recently a Disc bun. Does this work? Should I return them? (It is still within the return window.... I told you... I am brand new.)

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36277&d=1553917039

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36278&d=1553917077

shaluwm_agape
March 29th, 2019, 11:12 PM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36279&d=1553922457
My stylist just got my Marisol! I'm so excited can't wait to have this in my hair

eadwine
March 30th, 2019, 04:23 AM
I bought 4 mega flexi's after I cannoned onto the hair toy train. I am an idiot but you compensate where you need to.

Here are pictures of my mega flexi. It was the only way I could get it to fit on a disc bun. I have tried other buns for the flexi but they just don't work.

I am not thrilled but I know that I am not the only LHC person to buy hair toys that don't actually work for them in the long run. What do I do? I can't braid. I am not good at fancy stuff up do's. I am a LWB, Cinnabon and recently a Disc bun. Does this work? Should I return them? (It is still within the return window.... I told you... I am brand new.)

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36277&d=1553917039

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36278&d=1553917077

You can't braid?

Learn to braid then :) Problem solved ;)

eresh
March 30th, 2019, 05:15 AM
The mega doesn't work for a cinnabun? Maybe it's too big and you could try an XL instead?
Make the first coil, put the flexi over it, then coil the rest and pin.

Flexis don't work for me on a discbun, only sticks or forks.
Knotbun and flexi works the best for me. Or the simple braided bun.

eadwine
March 30th, 2019, 05:23 AM
Flexis don't work on a disc bun for me either. Exception being likely the braided leather ones with a separate pin. But basically you're using the flexi as embellishment.

A lot of people buy the mega, thinking they will fit in it. And it's a status symbol: "you fit in a mega, ohhhh!" And yeah, I will get the loads washed over me stating that is not trueeeee, but they know it is :P

Few actually fit the thing, so exchange it and get a size smaller, there is no shame in that. :)

Stray_mind
March 30th, 2019, 07:52 AM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36279&d=1553922457
My stylist just got my Marisol! I'm so excited can't wait to have this in my hair

Looks quite nice! Though the color would get lost in my own hair. Can't wait for pictures. :)

The seascape flexi was Looking at me every time i was checking lillarose page and today i finally gave in. It should come to me in a week or so.

Got a Medium one, since small ones don't work on my hair anymore, only for half ups.

Milady_DeWinter
March 30th, 2019, 12:27 PM
I am waiting for 3 Insects in mega :) metal Tessa, leather Tessa without stick and Honey Bee ^^

Groovy Granny
March 30th, 2019, 12:35 PM
wrong thread

Stray_mind
March 30th, 2019, 12:47 PM
I am waiting for 3 Insects in mega :) metal Tessa, leather Tessa without stick and Honey Bee ^^

I have a honey bee. It's so pretty!

SurprisingWoman
March 30th, 2019, 03:35 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will play with putting it in half way through the cinnabun. I might just return them. I don't know. I don't have to have a toy of every kind.

I wish they were bigger, actually. I would love for them to go across the whole bun but since I don't have the will to learn to braid with this much hair I think my options are limited. Certainly not a big deal. It's not a bragging rights thing to say I have the mega. I could tell every person I know that isn't on this board and they would have NO idea what I was talking about. My hair isn't something I can take credit for. It's all genetics. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.

MusicalSpoons
March 30th, 2019, 04:00 PM
Thanks for the advice. I will play with putting it in half way through the cinnabun. I might just return them. I don't know. I don't have to have a toy of every kind.

I wish they were bigger, actually. I would love for them to go across the whole bun but since I don't have the will to learn to braid with this much hair I think my options are limited. Certainly not a big deal. It's not a bragging rights thing to say I have the mega. I could tell every person I know that isn't on this board and they would have NO idea what I was talking about. My hair isn't something I can take credit for. It's all genetics. You get what you get and you don't throw a fit.

Totally. I bought a mega on very discounted sale as it was retiring, in the hope I might one day fit into it. I think that was about 2 years ago, and still at knee it's too big :rollin: I can do precisely one bun that it sort-of-maybe-kinda fits, but it's not a particularly comfy style for me so I rarely do it anyway and so I have yet to wear that flexi properly ... I'm in love with the colours though and just can't bring myself to part with it [plus I'm slightly hoping still that some thickness will travel down and I might one day just about grow into it ... :wannabe: Not as a status thing, not at all, just I really like the clip!]

Milady wears a mega in her buns, often a LWB. Maybe if you could try to expand your bun repertoire (not braided) you might find a suitable style or two for your flexis - but I certainly see it's probably easier to return them :lol:

lunasea that's beautiful!

languagenut
March 30th, 2019, 06:26 PM
Very pretty!

I love my leathers.....and yours look great with those sticks..... enjoy!

Awww languagenut it looks great on you, and seems like a perfect fit!! :)

languagenut they look really nice and your hair is just so lovely!

Oh wow, deeisme and languagenut those are some stunning action shots. Make me want to get that dusky plum even though I general dislike the color purple and I never considered wearing the stitches on the outside, I'm going to have to take a serious second look at leathers...

Look like I'm safe for another month, which is good. I have other toys lined up to buy. :silly:

Gah! Why do I feel like my collection is still so small? I have 46 flexis already and still feel like I am just getting started.

languagenut the Flexi looks fantastic in your hair. I love your bun! I went to your profile to see if you have more pictures, so that I could happily admire them instead of working :D
Can you imagine I never paid attention to the fact that those leather Flexis have two different sides? I don't have any of these, but still – I've seen so many pictures, I thought I would have noticed.

In terms of collection sizes, I have 37 clips and there are 2 more on my shopping list. And I honestly wouldn't like to have more. That's why I'm actually glad when I don't like any of the new releases. If I do like them, I just have to have them, life cannot go on otherwise – as I'm sure you understand! ;)

Thank you all; it's such a versatile accessory, I love it! :)

What?? You monster!!! Jk :lol: But seriously, the Hues of Blues is one of my faves, and it looks so great on you! :D

[pics clipped due to image/smiley allowance]

Your hair looks pretty close to the same length and thickness as mine, and I mostly use XLs (I could maybe get a Mega to work one way or another, but I don't have any so I haven't tried it). I'd say exchanging for an XL is worth a shot. That one is so pretty, I love the color! :)

C_Bookworm
March 30th, 2019, 08:04 PM

https://i.postimg.cc/bJg4y430/IMG-6152.jpg

https://i.postimg.cc/vTmkcXNJ/IMG_6159.jpg

It looks great! I love seeing both sides displayed.

:thud: Such a good combo!

Yay! That’s gonna look amazing with your ONN glow stick.

Awesome! I love the theme.

amlepi
March 31st, 2019, 02:29 PM
A few more photos of my flexis

https://i.imgur.com/SHDU2LL.jpg

https://imgur.com/Fwm6yhm.jpg

https://imgur.com/f86w98U.jpg

https://imgur.com/CV783QX.jpg

https://imgur.com/QaCzlF8.jpg

Groovy Granny
March 31st, 2019, 02:38 PM
A few more photos of my flexis

Welcome to the forum :waving:

Very pretty hair and clips :thumbsup:

FYI: the pics in your first post don't show; we get a 'forbidden' sign.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&page=1521&p=3652284&viewfull=1#post3652284

Happy growing :cheer:

AmaryllisRed
March 31st, 2019, 03:06 PM
Very pretty, amlepi!

milosmomma
March 31st, 2019, 03:39 PM
Amlepi, your flexis match the seasons! They complement each background and your hair perfectly.

Stray_mind
April 1st, 2019, 01:04 AM
amlepi - oh my gosh, your hair :thud:

The combinations of your hair with those flexis look jawdroppingly gorgeous.

Another flexi joined the travel to my home today. A Filigree Dragonfly in Medium size. I am just obsessed with dragonflies for some reason. I can't get them out of my mind, lol....

Also today i am wearing my honeybee flexi in a half up (crossposting from another thread, since i am so proud i did something other than a peacock twist today :lol: )

https://i.imgur.com/Qbzrt37.jpg

amlepi
April 1st, 2019, 07:28 AM
I'm happy to join your community:)

Welcome to the forum :waving:

Very pretty hair and clips :thumbsup:

FYI: the pics in your first post don't show; we get a 'forbidden' sign.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&page=1521&p=3652284&viewfull=1#post3652284

Happy growing :cheer:

Thank you. I already know, these photos don't show up. I will fix it as fast as possible.

Very pretty, amlepi!

Thank you!:)

Amlepi, your flexis match the seasons! They complement each background and your hair perfectly.
Ohhh, it was not my intention, but I'm glad to hear that my flexis match the seasons: ) I do more photos at spring and summer, when it's warm enough to walk without a hood or cap: )

amlepi - oh my gosh, your hair

The combinations of your hair with those flexis look jawdroppingly gorgeous.
ohhh, I'm blushing! :oops: Thank you so much, but I think my hair look much better with a flexi clip than when they are loose :D
Your honeybee also looks beautiful in your hair :inlove: I love its colour :love:

Now I have to buy some mega clip for cinnamon bun, because XL is too small to catch all of my hair :confused:

Groovy Granny
April 1st, 2019, 03:26 PM
Thank you. I already know, these photos don't show up. I will fix it as fast as possible.

OK ...I was just making sure you were aware because you referred to them; new people often have issues posting pics.
I thought it was a situation where the OP can see them but we can't for privacy reasons etc. :shrug:

Groovy Granny
April 1st, 2019, 03:28 PM
Another flexi joined the travel to my home today. A Filigree Dragonfly in Medium size. I am just obsessed with dragonflies for some reason. I can't get them out of my mind, lol....

Also today i am wearing my honeybee flexi in a half up (crossposting from another thread, since i am so proud i did something other than a peacock twist today :lol: )

I love dragonflies too; can't wait to see yours :cheer:

Your honey bee is so cute.... and your hair is very pretty :love:

eresh
April 1st, 2019, 03:45 PM
Beautiful flexis Amlepi!

I especially like the honeybee, so much better to see IRL than on lilla roses photos!
Yours too Stray_mind!

Milady_DeWinter
April 1st, 2019, 03:59 PM
Love that honey bee Stray! Mine is on travel with 2 dragonflies :D I think it looks beautiful on brown hair!

shaluwm_agape
April 1st, 2019, 06:57 PM
I'm contemplating purchasing the honey bee stick

Ophidian
April 1st, 2019, 09:16 PM
I really like the honeybee stick shaluwm :). Loving the insect enthusiasm in this thread—it’s springtime!

I’m contemplating buying a clip that I’ve been trying to get for a while that even Tracy can’t find. One came up for sale in the fb swap group in the perfect size. International shipping rates have gone way up in Germany too, though, so I’d be paying about double ($38 total in usd). But it might be worth it, I really do love it and I think it would get lots of use. Decisions!

shaluwm_agape
April 1st, 2019, 09:25 PM
Which one is it?
And yes I know I love it too I think it will be perfect for the marisol

Ophidian
April 1st, 2019, 09:43 PM
It’s called Sapphira—a 2016 release, I think?

Stray_mind
April 2nd, 2019, 03:26 AM
Thank you, everyone. Actually the honeybee wasn't my Favorite flexi to wear for some reason, but it grew on me now. Perhaps because it fits my hair color more now. :)

Crystawni
April 2nd, 2019, 04:18 AM

I'm hearing you! I find megas way too small for caging any bun, especially a cinnabun, but they do work in Celtic Knot buns or similar where the stick goes through separated loops and the bun is spread out. There's no way the flexi will contain all the hair, but it can pin the important bits.

Examples from my December posts (https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=3622668&viewfull=1#post3622668) (first pic is XL struggling in a LWB):

cont>>

Tidepool XL
https://i.imgur.com/hPQN3j1.jpg

Sapphire Joy XXL/mega
https://i.imgur.com/KgdvqBl.jpg

Crimson Joy XXL/mega
https://i.imgur.com/LdEJBmv.jpg

Elegance XXL/mega
https://i.imgur.com/8ldM2rH.jpg

And

cont>>

Grace XXL/mega
https://i.imgur.com/CCQdjR3.jpg

Solana XXL/mega
https://i.imgur.com/LUh6QS2.jpg
:scissors:

eadwine
April 2nd, 2019, 05:50 AM
I would LOVE to see a little video of the buns with the mega in there, and then moving your head left to right.

Because things look really loose and that bun will sway to the sides when you do that. Not a flexi too small thing, but rather a too large thing.

Crystawni
April 2nd, 2019, 06:27 AM
I would LOVE to see a little video of the buns with the mega in there, and then moving your head left to right.

Because things look really loose and that bun will sway to the sides when you do that. Not a flexi too small thing, but rather a too large thing.

Oh, it's rock solid, eadwine, believe me. That's only a top right fraction of the bulk of the bun you can see crammed in there (as Celtic Knots are squareish on me). The eight itself is a bit too tight and won't shut unless I loosen the loops of the bun outwards a bit (to flatten the bumps).

Here's a more squared-up pic of my Celtic Knot from last year with a Maple Burl fork (https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/589499662/the-set-28-of-the-hair-comb-222-and-the?show_sold_out_detail=1) that has an FPL of ~5":

https://i.imgur.com/5egrhvn.jpg

There are loads more pics of my buns in my albums if you need more of an idea. I have a pony circ. of 11.5cm/4.5" of uber fine hair, and even though that's a fair bit of hair, my 23" head dwarfs things so I crop pics to show the hairtoy the best.

ETA: Actually, feeling like I have to defend my hair and hairtoys that work for me has left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not fussed over the quantity of hair I have--it is what it is, and it's not something I can change. I wouldn't mind not having to spend more money on bigger hairtoys, though. You can see the megas disappear around my Celtic Knot bun in some shots (the pics I chose were with my head tilted forward and taken from above to show the hairtoy), and how the XL, that is way too small for a Celtic Knot bun on me, is also struggling in a LWB (there are many pics I didn't use because the flexis got swallowed). I don't do hair videos but shouldn't have to to show what I have to cope with every day.

When it comes to flexis, for me it's where the bun is pinned that makes all the difference, and how I work with the bun in a 3D way.

Anyway, I just thought I could maybe help SurprisingWoman, whose dilemma I could relate to.

shaluwm_agape
April 2nd, 2019, 10:59 AM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36325&d=1554224195
My XL MARISOL with my ONN WOOD STICKS KOA & BOCOTE

SurprisingWoman
April 2nd, 2019, 01:14 PM
Oh, it's rock solid, eadwine, believe me. That's only a top right fraction of the bulk of the bun you can see crammed in there (as Celtic Knots are squareish on me). The eight itself is a bit too tight and won't shut unless I loosen the loops of the bun outwards a bit (to flatten the bumps).

There are loads more pics of my buns in my albums if you need more of an idea. I have a pony circ. of 11.5cm/4.5" of uber fine hair, and even though that's a fair bit of hair, my 23" head dwarfs things so I crop pics to show the hairtoy the best.

ETA: Actually, feeling like I have to defend my hair and hairtoys that work for me has left a bad taste in my mouth. I'm not fussed over the quantity of hair I have--it is what it is, and it's not something I can change. I wouldn't mind not having to spend more money on bigger hairtoys, though. You can see the megas disappear around my Celtic Knot bun in some shots (the pics I chose were with my head tilted forward and taken from above to show the hairtoy), and how the XL, that is way too small for a Celtic Knot bun on me, is also struggling in a LWB (there are many pics I didn't use because the flexis got swallowed). I don't do hair videos but shouldn't have to to show what I have to cope with every day.

When it comes to flexis, for me it's where the bun is pinned that makes all the difference, and how I work with the bun in a 3D way.

Anyway, I just thought I could maybe help SurprisingWoman, whose dilemma I could relate to.

Thank you, Crystawni! This has helped me a lot, actually.

I have been playing with the Flexi's and I don't have any idea what the buns that I twisted my hair into are called. They might not even be official buns but I was able to contain them with the Flexi's I bought. I also like that you don't have yours going across but up and down and other ways. I was trying to make my hair fit the Flexi and instead when I make the Flexi fit my hair it's a better thing. I have the peacock with the dangling tail and the honeybee with the dangling bee and I might have to return those, even though I love them, because I never know how the Flexi will end up and they don't "dangle" right. I do wish they came in a larger size so I could have them go left to right all the time. I have two LI sticks that are 6.5 and they are almost too short. I have an order winging its way to me from Poland with 8 and 9 inch sticks that I am excited to get.

I have NO idea why eadwine is so obsessed with the Flexi's being too big as opposed to too small. My hair is the hair I have. I have a lot of hair. I have beautiful silver hair. I have beautiful blue eyes. I got really lucky with the genetics of those things. If I had been given choice I wouldn't have chosen eyes and hair. I would love to exchange those for some other health related genetics instead. You get what you get. It's not a bragging right if you have done nothing to earn it other than get born. It just is.

I am sorry if eadwine is so unhappy with her own hair that she must try to scoff at others and their hair trials.

You can look at picture 19 in my photo album to see where my hair and eyes came from, along with some other less desirable traits.

eadwine
April 2nd, 2019, 01:23 PM
And I am sorry you have to resort to comments like that to make your point.

SurprisingWoman
April 2nd, 2019, 01:39 PM
And I am sorry you have to resort to comments like that to make your point.

eadwine, you have resorted to insisting more than once that you were correct and other people, actually dealing with the situation, were incorrect. That is rude. You have been calling people out on their claims. I did the same, I just used your name and said it bluntly. This was the direction you chose. I can't imagine why you would continue to call people liars unless you were unhappy with something in your own experience. If I am wrong then sorry but don't call people liars and they won't have to say you aren't happy. Happy people don't call people names.

eresh
April 2nd, 2019, 01:53 PM
Ahem....more people than Eadwine alone pointed out that it might be too big if it doesnt work. Why are you singling her out ??

Just trying to help, by giving an honest opinion. That is not rude at all. She did not call anyone a liar, just stating her experience of many years with flexis.
Maybe you are taking it too seriously or too personal.

eadwine
April 2nd, 2019, 02:03 PM
Bluntly honest, yep. I state things as I have seen them, and it just is oftentimes the case that people buy themselves too large flexis.

I see I forgot to reply to Chrystawny, sorry about that. Yep I can see that now! It's a rarity they can be worn at that length :)

SurprisingWoman
April 2nd, 2019, 02:10 PM
Ahem....more people than Eadwine alone pointed out that it might be too big if it doesnt work. Why are you singling her out ??

Just trying to help, by giving an honest opinion. That is not rude at all. She did not call anyone a liar, just stating her experience of many years with flexis.
Maybe you are taking it too seriously or too personal.

Crystawni posted pictures showing how she has to wear her Flexi's. She also wishes they were LARGER so they would go across the buns SHE WANTS THEM TO GO ACROSS BUT THEY AREN'T BIG ENOUGH. That's not too big, that's not big enough.

eadwine posted and ask for a VIDEO of her shaking her head to PROVE that she wasn't LYING.

Crystawni was only posting in my defense. Other people have said they might be too large. I don't agree. I didn't belabor the point because I really don't care what other people think. If I have a hair toy and I want to wear it this way and it doesn't fit then it isn't the right size. In order to wear it the way I want to wear it it would need to be BIGGER. No one else was rude enough to ask for a VIDEO to prove they weren't lying.

I don't give a fuzzy rabbit's behind if people agree with me on the size of my Flexi's. I don't want to put them in the center of a bun that I don't wear. I don't want to put them in HALF WAY THROUGH a hairstyle and finish wrapping it after the Flexi is inserted. They are not too big, for me. They are too small, for me. You might not agree with MY assessment of how I want MY hairstyle to be but calling people liars and asking for VIDEO proof is just rude, rude, rude. That is why I singled her out and no one else.

eresh
April 2nd, 2019, 02:23 PM
Theres no need to shout in caps at me....

Eadwine never said crystawni was lying.
Shall we go back ontopic?

milosmomma
April 2nd, 2019, 02:27 PM
Surprising woman, I just wanted to say I actually quite like how you've fastened a bun with your flexi in the pic a few pages back. I always avoided flexis for that reason, I can only do a few buns right now and would want them to fit how you are aiming for, covering like a cage(unless I misunderstood). I have a few slides that I play around with but for the price of these I can't commit :lol: I would probably go the leather route because theres not an attached stick and I would imagine a little more freedom? But the leathers are not as glamorous as th beaded, so pretty. Anyways now I'm rambling but I do truly like the way you used the flexi, it's holding your style and it still looks gorgeous :)

ETA probably offtopic but I would mind a video from anyone of a larger sized flexi in action just for the fact I can't commit to purchase one, no idea what size would work with which styles etc.

lapushka
April 2nd, 2019, 03:19 PM
Speaking from my own experience, I am iii, FTL and wear a L or XL. A mega is far too big, it's like it skipped a size, oh it will "fit" but if I were to shake my head left to right, my bun would come right out and where's the fun in that. My hair is layered and compacts quite a bit, and if it didn't I would make it do that, because there is no sense in wearing a hairtoy that is too large.

Just my perspective!

neko_kawaii
April 2nd, 2019, 03:28 PM
KNIT reminder

Before you hit the "Submit" button, review what you're about to say.
Is it Kind?
Is it Necessary?
Is it Informative?
Is it True?

Read your words as if someone else were saying them to you. How would you receive them? Would you be offended, hurt or angry? If your post doesn't pass those tests, try again. If you simply can't compose something, let the thread go, and maybe try again later.

Every once in a while, there will be something that you cannot agree with. No one expects there to be a complete meeting of minds on every single topic discussed here. In those cases, we ask for tolerance - not acceptance, but tolerance. The other person is always worthy of respect. If you post, do not attack. Agree to disagree, and let your words be civil and even as kind as possible.

Milady_DeWinter
April 2nd, 2019, 04:05 PM
I am iii and use XXL since being well at hip. XXL isn't too large in any way for me (actually the turtle is a bit too small) and all my XL became way too small to wear in different buns. I want to say that mega is just a size after all and nothing to fight about. I know that no proofs are necessary, but I'll try to convince my bf to record a little video of me wearing a mega in case someone would be interested.

eresh
April 2nd, 2019, 04:10 PM
Mega isn't too big for you Milady, but there was a question/post about the mega not working, so people replied that it might be too big if it doesn't work.
Anyway, pictures and videos of flexis or hairtoys are always very nice to see :o

eadwine
April 2nd, 2019, 04:11 PM
I'd love to see it :) You have SO much hair! Just.. wow! :)

And what Eresh said.

Milady_DeWinter
April 2nd, 2019, 04:39 PM
I think the same, all hairtoys in action are very welcome. I hope to convince my guy to record me a bit, just for the sake of showing the hold of a mega better. I dunno if it could still be little for some people, but it is possible - the turtle, as other thin leather flexis, is smaller than the regular size and a tad too small for me now. And there is of course lots of people with longer and or thicker hair than me. In other cases, of course it doesn't work because it is too large, it is way larger than a XL and some people even at knee don't need it. Those are just sizes :)

I actually wish I could go with a large, or a XL at most... some flexis look terrible in mega, or don't even include that size :(

SurprisingWoman
April 2nd, 2019, 04:51 PM
Surprising woman, I just wanted to say I actually quite like how you've fastened a bun with your flexi in the pic a few pages back. I always avoided flexis for that reason, I can only do a few buns right now and would want them to fit how you are aiming for, covering like a cage(unless I misunderstood). I have a few slides that I play around with but for the price of these I can't commit :lol: I would probably go the leather route because theres not an attached stick and I would imagine a little more freedom? But the leathers are not as glamorous as th beaded, so pretty. Anyways now I'm rambling but I do truly like the way you used the flexi, it's holding your style and it still looks gorgeous :)

Thank you! I don't mind it being like it was in the picture a few pages back but I did want them to be more like a cage. Almost all the buns I make are fairly compact and that makes the Flexi not go over them. I did keep that in my hair for two solid days though and it stayed like a dream, even for sleep.

ETA probably offtopic but I would mind a video from anyone of a larger sized flexi in action just for the fact I can't commit to purchase one, no idea what size would work with which styles etc.

The reason I went with a mega on my first venture is because of Torrin's videos. She and I have similar hair and she has used mega Flexi's in several of her videos. I am NOT a talented hair person though and never thought about the bun shape. Ugh. Here is a link to her YT Flexi videos: https://www.youtube.com/user/torrinpaige/search?query=flexi

MusicalSpoons
April 2nd, 2019, 04:54 PM
Anyway, pictures and videos of flexis or hairtoys are always very nice to see :o

You may come to regret saying that in a minute :p I have some brainpower so finally get to spam you all with my *cough*November*cough* and Feb sale purchases ...

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7815/32494271917_4570cf1493_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/RvpCXx)April XL (https://flic.kr/p/RvpCXx)

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7879/46520885485_f0153d9605_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2dSTGuv)Java XL (https://flic.kr/p/2dSTGuv)

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7868/32494271757_edf69fe4d0_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/RvpCUM)Poinsettia XL (https://flic.kr/p/RvpCUM)

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7917/32494271667_b99beabfc7_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/RvpCTe)Princess tiara XL (https://flic.kr/p/RvpCTe)

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7922/47436045001_b50cab8083_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2fgL8wR)Tidepool XL (https://flic.kr/p/2fgL8wR)
(Braid shred courtesy of having it in a coronet braid for half an hour before bunning :laugh:)

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7813/47383211702_aa9a5c5b49_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2fc6m2U)Winter Wonder XL (https://flic.kr/p/2fc6m2U)

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7893/47436044841_7f194b7977_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2fgL8u6)Yolanda + stick L (https://flic.kr/p/2fgL8u6)

Continued in next post due to image limits ...

MusicalSpoons
April 2nd, 2019, 04:54 PM
And a swap board purchase (I'm thrilled with this!)
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7863/46719530444_ed25cbbb7d_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2ebrNHA)Phoebe XL (https://flic.kr/p/2ebrNHA)

Followed by another swap board purchase because I loved the colours so much (I bought it the day after the XL came :grin:)
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7895/47525318581_d405f12931_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2fpDFsv)Phoebe S (https://flic.kr/p/2fpDFsv)

Oh, and just for the lulz, my mega (rainbow cluster, I think?) which I tried on again a couple of weeks ago:
https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7856/47436045261_acf254f9b6_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/2fgL8Bk)Flexi mega (https://flic.kr/p/2fgL8Bk)
Turns out braiding doesn't help; it's just as compact as a cinnabun!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7858/32494271857_35cd460f00_n.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/RvpCWv)Flexi mega wrap (https://flic.kr/p/RvpCWv)
In a wrapped L-infinity bun ... eh, kinda fits but not really; the 8 is still somewhat loose.

Crystawni
April 2nd, 2019, 05:02 PM
Aesthetics is the major draw to flexi sizing for me. I go for the size that looks the most balanced in the given design, and use it in the appropriate style (bun, halfup, waterfall, twist and bun, etc.). That's also why my XXLs are fairly simple and can be worn in different directions, whereas my XS and mini flexis can have more ornamentation (even danglies) for halfups and accent sweeps.

Bluntly honest, yep. I state things as I have seen them, and it just is oftentimes the case that people buy themselves too large flexis.

I see I forgot to reply to Chrystawny, sorry about that. Yep I can see that now! It's a rarity they can be worn at that length :)

I'm passed classic (in those pics) and now almost FTL. :p I've been wearing XXL for a few years, though. I think I relate more to the LHN (German longhair forum) when it comes to sizing on flexis as there are many more members posting there that need at least XXLs like me.

It's certainly been a learning curve. My hair has been recovering from major sheds, hairdresser thinning and choppy layers, so has grown an inch in pony circ. since I joined LHC five years ago. That smaller circ. certainly helped me bun earlier (around BSL) than I imagine I would now, and helped me gain experience with all the flexi sizes. I've gone from using S metal flexis on ponytails to L, with mediums fitting most of the time when my hair is at its most compacted and slipperiest.

SurprisingWoman, I also liked your flexi styling in your pic, and would even have the flexi facing out the front to add to the overall look.

MusicalSpoons, it was worth the wait! Every single one is absolutely lovely on you (although your mega may be a bit of a miss in size)!

SurprisingWoman
April 2nd, 2019, 05:21 PM

Oh my goodness. Those look awesome. If I had the chops to do different updos I think the XL would be just the ticket but with my limited repetoire I think I will stick with mega for now. I am also going to start looking for a poinsettia and a Phoebe. Those are stunning!

Crystawni, I will try to put the Flexi in the front next time. This time I was just glad to get it where it was sitting fairly flat and not skewed with one end three inches from my head and the other end almost hidden in the start of my bun. Not a good luck, BTW.

C_Bookworm
April 2nd, 2019, 05:27 PM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36325&d=1554224195
My XL MARISOL with my ONN WOOD STICKS KOA & BOCOTE
:thudpile: Sooo gorgeous. Those are perfect pairings.

Any chance of action shots at some point? :popcorn:

C_Bookworm
April 2nd, 2019, 05:31 PM
Aesthetics is the major draw to flexi sizing for me. I go for the size that looks the most balanced in the given design, and use it in the appropriate style (bun, halfup, waterfall, twist and bun, etc.). That's also why my XXLs are fairly simple and can be worn in different directions, whereas my XS and mini flexis can have more ornamentation (even danglies) for halfups and accent sweeps.

I love this tip:inlove: I only own one mega flexi (Skye) with a dangly and obvious orientation, so I hadn't thought to turn it sideways. But I like the look of the vertical flexis you posted (especially as I go back and forth on whether I like the bun cage style on myself). Definitely filing that bun/flexi technique away to try someday!

Crystawni
April 2nd, 2019, 05:48 PM
I love this tip:inlove: I only own one mega flexi (Skye) with a dangly and obvious orientation, so I hadn't thought to turn it sideways. But I like the look of the vertical flexis you posted (especially as I go back and forth on whether I like the bun cage style on myself). Definitely filing that bun/flexi technique away to try someday!

Yeah, I prefer mixing it up with flexis! Older pics for reference:

XL:
https://i.imgur.com/jfyNZSF.jpg

XL (oh, how my bun has grown in 4+ years since these two pics...! Tis be not so delicate and balanced now.):
https://i.imgur.com/HkuYhPx.jpg

medium (still works, but the ponytail's a bit fatter now):
https://i.imgur.com/uhOqm13.jpg

And this is how I get away with using a medium in a cinnabun. :p
https://i.imgur.com/qDCoCGC.jpg

C_Bookworm
April 2nd, 2019, 05:53 PM
So pretty! I like the variety. How did you create this ponytail?

medium (still works, but the ponytail's a bit fatter now):
https://i.imgur.com/uhOqm13.jpg

Crystawni
April 2nd, 2019, 05:59 PM
So pretty! I like the variety. How did you create this ponytail?

It's a LWP, aka lazy wrap ponytail. Hold the ponytail in your non-dominant hand, and divide about a quarter of it from one side that you can use to wrap around the ponytail base, lazy wrap style. Wrap (with a finger space or two on the very first wrap), wrap, wrap, wraaaaaaaaaap, wrap, until it's tucked around that ponytail, then clip as you would a LWB.

MusicalSpoons
April 2nd, 2019, 06:00 PM
Thanks Crystawni :o I like your orientation tip; I think I used to subconsciously go for orientation-neutral ones but once I found a dwLWB is so stable and easy I started to just go for what I thought was pretty :)

Oh my goodness. Those look awesome. If I had the chops to do different updos I think the XL would be just the ticket but with my limited repetoire I think I will stick with mega for now. I am also going to start looking for a poinsettia and a Phoebe. Those are stunning!

Thank you! Those are all in mostly double-wrapped LWBs, except tidepool (braided LWB - structurally almost no different!) and the obvious mega and small pics. I can barely make XLs work as a bun cage but mega is just too much bigger, although using any as a bun cage is fairly unstable, for me. I have a fairly modest bun repertoire and use flexis with only a few of them; it really was a case of experimenting to find what worked though.

EDIT: Crystawni I didn't see your pics before starting this comment. WOW! :thud: I luuurve the lazy-wrap ponytail idea; I'd never thought to use a flexi for it, only forks! My smalls might at last fit without needing a hairtie round the stick :rollin: EDIT 2: Okay, the brain didn't register your instructions post for that; I was thinking of when you start a LWB but only wrap the tail round the stem once or twice, to shorten the length. Yours is a very cool version, but I fear my hair is too thin for that. Still, new flexi idea, thank you! :D

C_Bookworm
April 2nd, 2019, 06:10 PM
It's a LWP, aka lazy wrap ponytail. Hold the ponytail in your non-dominant hand, and divide about a quarter of it from one side that you can use to wrap around the ponytail base, lazy wrap style. Wrap (with a finger space or two on the very first wrap), wrap, wrap, wraaaaaaaaaap, wrap, until it's tucked around that ponytail, then clip as you would a LWB.
Thank you muchly! :smooch: I love a swingy ponytail during summer so I'm going to have lots of fun trying this out.

shaluwm_agape
April 2nd, 2019, 06:19 PM
Tomorrow for sure!

C_Bookworm
April 2nd, 2019, 06:21 PM
Tomorrow for sure!

Woohoo! :popcorn:

SurprisingWoman
April 2nd, 2019, 07:40 PM
Yeah, I prefer mixing it up with flexis!
And this is how I get away with using a medium in a cinnabun. :p
https://i.imgur.com/qDCoCGC.jpg

Oh. My. Gosh.

I love all of these but you have really got the "different orientation" down with the Flexis. And, I think I need a red flower Flexi. That is stunning, absolutely stunning.

Thank you for posting these. I am going to play as soon as I have some time. This can work. I might even buy some smaller ones. I never do half ups, maybe I should.

Crystawni
April 2nd, 2019, 11:33 PM
I think to show some of the size differences in flexis and other proportions, I took a couple of crappy screenshots from me shaking my head (yay for yucky weather :rolleyes:) illustrating what you'd see if you were following me in the street or wherever when I'm wearing my mega/XXL like I am today. And no, there was no flexi movement, even with vigorous shaking, just a bit of a bun bobble. :grin:

https://i.imgur.com/DEqRJ2b.jpg

Compared to eadwine wearing a medium flexi:

The newbie is here :)

https://i.imgur.com/IpuQZeY.jpg

To me, they both have a similar fit in our buns, and have a similar look on our heads, but there's a world of difference in our sizing.

ETA: And here's a comparison to eresh, who has calf-length hair but the mega flexi is visually larger on her (well, at least in this pic):

I don't wear it often, but I'm wearing my mega today.

https://i.imgur.com/0G74z9Vl.jpg

Like I've said, given my overall proportions, everything looks smaller on me, including my buns. But I still have to contend with a lot of hair, and have loads of personal experience with a whole range of sizes and issues, and hairtoys, etc. that may be of use to someone? :shrug:. I just hope this will put the size/fit questioning and/or doubt to bed. Just imagine my hair in a cinnabun up there, instead of that Celtic Knot. That mega ain't gunna work (and doesn't). And now imagine me trying to thread an XL into my Celtic Knot--there's not enough stick reach, and the 8 flaps open with no hope of closing.

SurprisingWoman, I'm glad to offer alternatives! To me, metal flexis are clips as well as barrettes, so I treat them as such.
MusicalSpoons, I actually love the idea of just letting the LWB tail hang as a pony, and have done so a few times, but not with a flexi! Yet...

Crystawni
April 2nd, 2019, 11:44 PM
Thank you muchly! :smooch: I love a swingy ponytail during summer so I'm going to have lots of fun trying this out.

I can already imagine the combos you'll come up with! I hope you share pics here!

AmaryllisRed
April 3rd, 2019, 12:08 AM
Hooowwwww do you do the cinnabun with a medium?
I have a... small? I think? That really only works for my bangs at this point but I would LOVE to be able to use it on a cinnabun. Plus I need a better way to hold cinnabuns because what I'm doing isn't working.

Crystawni
April 3rd, 2019, 12:12 AM
You clip the flexi through the top coil and through scalp hair, but make sure you wrap the last few bun coils under the cinnabun, directly around the bun stem to help with hold (and try to grab some of that hair when securing the flexi, too).

C_Bookworm
April 3rd, 2019, 12:14 AM
I can already imagine the combos you'll come up with! I hope you share pics here!

Awww thank you! I will :o

Milady_DeWinter
April 3rd, 2019, 12:48 AM
I am here enjoying all the action shots like :popcorn: Beautiful!

eadwine
April 3rd, 2019, 02:36 AM
I'm passed classic (in those pics) and now almost FTL. :p I've been wearing XXL for a few years, though. I think I relate more to the LHN (German longhair forum) when it comes to sizing on flexis as there are many more members posting there that need at least XXLs like me.

It's certainly been a learning curve. My hair has been recovering from major sheds, hairdresser thinning and choppy layers, so has grown an inch in pony circ. since I joined LHC five years ago. That smaller circ. certainly helped me bun earlier (around BSL) than I imagine I would now, and helped me gain experience with all the flexi sizes. I've gone from using S metal flexis on ponytails to L, with mediums fitting most of the time when my hair is at its most compacted and slipperiest.

Major sheds, oh yeah I can relate to that. In the past years I went back to BSL twice because of it. Health issues were the cause of that one.. little did I know. At least I know now so I am able to take measures, prescribed b12 injections weekly just make me go whoa at how much less hair I lose. I could still wear my M back at BSL. I have an S and an XS but my hair is so slippery that I cannot wear them in a ponytail, only when I either stay at home (so I don't lose it!) or when I wear an elastic underneath (eh, don't like that look).

Currently on my way to classic. I am now past tailbone, a length I have never been at before, but the M still fits like a dream and positioning is key. I can wear an L as well, but it is not as secure. Yet. I only have one for that reason. I wager I will be wearing my Ms for a LONG time to come as they're just so secure :)

Milady_DeWinter
April 3rd, 2019, 06:06 AM
Well gals, the video is crappy quality (at least my bf helped me to record it, so I'm not going to whin) but here is it (https://www.instagram.com/p/BvytQsJocCX/). I have been wearing the bunny flexi in mega for 5+ hours now before recording and I washed my hair yesterday night after a run, so the hold is great even in the worsts conditions (I'm usually with a fork, Furnival or Jeter, with freshly washed hair).

And a pic with the same flexi:

https://i.imgur.com/VFGXANm.jpg

MusicalSpoons
April 3rd, 2019, 06:08 AM
eadwine I wrapped a thin hairtie around the stick of my small to use for a ponytail to give it some grip :)

Oops, didn't see your post at first Milady - that's very cute! I don't think I really realised how huge your buns are before seeing that video!

Milady_DeWinter
April 3rd, 2019, 07:32 AM
eadwine I wrapped a thin hairtie around the stick of my small to use for a ponytail to give it some grip :)

Oops, didn't see your post at first Milady - that's very cute! I don't think I really realised how huge your buns are before seeing that video!

Yep, ridiculously big I'd say. I really don't want it to get bigger, but won't get layers either. I love how the XL Phoebe looks on you BTW :D

eresh
April 3rd, 2019, 07:38 AM
Crystawni that pink colour of the medium looks awesome in your hair!
At calflength I still can use all sizes too, just in different updos.
The mega fits good but it is so heavy on my head (I have a small head LOL)
Just like Ficcares size L are too heavy for me and M's work perfectly

eresh
April 3rd, 2019, 07:40 AM
MusicalSpoons, great flexis action shots!
Yes, always good to see :o

I love the cloud and the Phoebe

eresh
April 3rd, 2019, 07:42 AM
I think to show some of the size differences in flexis and other proportions, I took a couple of crappy screenshots from me shaking my head (yay for yucky weather :rolleyes:) illustrating what you'd see if you were following me in the street or wherever when I'm wearing my mega/XXL like I am today. And no, there was no flexi movement, even with vigorous shaking, just a bit of a bun bobble. :grin:

https://i.imgur.com/DEqRJ2b.jpg

Compared to eadwine wearing a medium flexi:

To me, they both have a similar fit in our buns, and have a similar look on our heads, but there's a world of difference in our sizing.

ETA: And here's a comparison to eresh, who has calf-length hair but the mega flexi is visually larger on her (well, at least in this pic):

Like I've said, given my overall proportions, everything looks smaller on me, including my buns. But I still have to contend with a lot of hair, and have loads of personal experience with a whole range of sizes and issues, and hairtoys, etc. that may be of use to someone? :shrug:. I just hope this will put the size/fit questioning and/or doubt to bed. Just imagine my hair in a cinnabun up there, instead of that Celtic Knot. That mega ain't gunna work (and doesn't). And now imagine me trying to thread an XL into my Celtic Knot--there's not enough stick reach, and the 8 flaps open with no hope of closing.

SurprisingWoman, I'm glad to offer alternatives! To me, metal flexis are clips as well as barrettes, so I treat them as such.
MusicalSpoons, I actually love the idea of just letting the LWB tail hang as a pony, and have done so a few times, but not with a flexi! Yet...

Yep, I have a small head :o
My xl's don't fit my entire buns, but I like the hold and weight of centerheld buns.

eresh
April 3rd, 2019, 07:47 AM
Well gals, the video is crappy quality (at least my bf helped me to record it, so I'm not going to whin) but here is it (https://www.instagram.com/p/BvytQsJocCX/). I have been wearing the bunny flexi in mega for 5+ hours now before recording and I washed my hair yesterday night after a run, so the hold is great even in the worsts conditions (I'm usually with a fork, Furnival or Jeter, with freshly washed hair).

Cool video Milady! Your bun doesn't move nope.
I think the bunny is really cute

AmaryllisRed
April 3rd, 2019, 10:16 AM
So... the metal elephant is GONE... is that it for the month? Did it really sell out that fast?
And if so, how hard are the leather ones to use? I don't know if any of my existing sticks would look right with it. And if I'm in between a L and an XL, should I go smaller with the leather or bigger?

shaluwm_agape
April 3rd, 2019, 10:19 AM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36342&d=1554308247

XL Marisol I'm absolutely loving this one!
I know I tend to have browns in my hair but I love how it makes the centers stand out

C_Bookworm
April 3rd, 2019, 10:35 AM
:thudpile: That looks fantastic in your hair! I love how it brings out the warm tones.

C_Bookworm
April 3rd, 2019, 10:43 AM
So... the metal elephant is GONE... is that it for the month? Did it really sell out that fast?
And if so, how hard are the leather ones to use? I don't know if any of my existing sticks would look right with it. And if I'm in between a L and an XL, should I go smaller with the leather or bigger?

My experience with leather is that it is sized larger than metal flexis. For the leather with no centerpiece, it’s precisely one size off for me (half ups are L in metal but M in leather). Braided leather isn’t quite so far off, I’d say it’s more like a half size or two-thirds size larger. So probably you’d want a L?

Ophidian
April 3rd, 2019, 10:45 AM

I personally find that while the actual size is consistent, I can wear an XL braided but need a L beaded for centerhelds. The leather is a little stiffer and for me holds better. Plus you have some flexibility with the stick so if it’s a little too big you can wear a thicker stick until you grow into it.

ETA: I basically told you the opposite of what Booky did :). I totally agree about the regular leathers being a size up. For braided maybe it depends a bit on the style you’re doing?

AmaryllisRed
April 3rd, 2019, 11:07 AM
Haha thanks, you two, that really clears it up! ;)
Shaluwm, I agree-- I love how the brown blends in your hair and makes the center stand out! Really pretty.

eadwine
April 3rd, 2019, 11:21 AM
Ah yeah, I can try that one, thanks!

:agape:

You wouldn't even be able to tell that is a mega! I love it, it's so cute with that bunny!

And to whom I missed.. looking great!!

Such a lot of traffic here suddenly :D

Groovy Granny
April 3rd, 2019, 12:18 PM
<snip>
I just want to take this opportunity to tell you how gorgeous your new avatar and flexi is ....it is stunning :crush:

XL Marisol I'm absolutely loving this one!
I know I tend to have browns in my hair but I love how it makes the centers stand out
That is so pretty in your hair :love:

shaluwm_agape
April 3rd, 2019, 12:30 PM
Thanks ladies! I love it soooo much

For me my XL braided fits about the same as a metal XL

lapushka
April 3rd, 2019, 01:41 PM
Crystawni, I love that hot pink in your hair! That is such a neat color on you! :inlove:

Milady_DeWinter
April 3rd, 2019, 02:12 PM
Cool video Milady! Your bun doesn't move nope.
I think the bunny is really cute

Thank you eresh! The bunny is the cutest. I would adore thar they'd do one with a mouse, squirrel or rat, but the bunny is good enough by now :o

Ah yeah, I can try that one, thanks!

:agape:

You wouldn't even be able to tell that is a mega! I love it, it's so cute with that bunny!

And to whom I missed.. looking great!!

Such a lot of traffic here suddenly :D

Thank you! I agree that it doesn't look so big on me, it's just my size for the kind of buns I usually do. And I adore the bunny! So happy to have it both in mega and in M for half ups. I'm using them lots.

About leathers, here is my opinion:

The BRAIDED ones are the same size as the metal flexis.

The BOW LEATHERS are larger.

The THIN LEATHERS (turtle etc) are smaller. I think the dragon and similar ones are not as small as the thin leathers, but a little bit smaller may be. Close in size enough.

That one looks perfect on your hair, Shaluwm Agape :)

shaluwm_agape
April 3rd, 2019, 03:10 PM
Thanks Milady! And yes I agree with your assessment

eadwine
April 3rd, 2019, 03:40 PM
I have two braided ones, and both run a size larger. I ordered the M, and they are L sized. Maybe they improved the sizing recently? Those other leather ones (so not the tubing ones) ran wayyy too large. I returned those back when.

MusicalSpoons
April 3rd, 2019, 03:41 PM
Them you for the compliments on the Phoebe :flower: I love the colours anyway but was pleasantly surprised how well the action shot turned out :o

shaluwm_agape I have to be honest, when I saw the sunflower flexi alone I thought it was just fairly nice, but in your hair it looks wonderful! The idea of going with a blendy 8 to make the centrepiece stand out works so well :D

shaluwm_agape
April 3rd, 2019, 04:57 PM
Thank you! I meant to comment yesterday btw but the java, yolanda and phoebe look AMAZING on U

SurprisingWoman
April 3rd, 2019, 06:05 PM

That is lovely. I love how the dark flower center matches the dark wood stripes in your stick.

SurprisingWoman
April 3rd, 2019, 06:08 PM

I had house rabbits and this is sooo cute! I always miss them this time of year and that Flexi is adorbs. I looked through your IG and you are stunning. You also have beautiful hair but just so pretty.

SurprisingWoman
April 3rd, 2019, 06:16 PM
Crystawni Your hair is definitely staying put. It's lovely. I am going to have to try to do some half ups and things.

I was wearing a shirt today that the honeybee would match perfectly. I washed my hair last night and slept with it in a bun so it was damp but not wet. I thought that would make it more compact. I was so busy I didn't have time to throw it up before I left the house. I thought I got it up across the whole thing because I didn't have a way to see the back but it's not all the way across and it's not level. Grrrrr. It's a work in progress.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36353&d=1554336868

I was a beekeeper and will be again next year so this has a special place in my heart. To heck with dangles that don't dangle right.

Ophidian
April 3rd, 2019, 09:23 PM
Haha thanks, you two, that really clears it up! ;)
Shaluwm, I agree-- I love how the brown blends in your hair and makes the center stand out! Really pretty.

No problem Amaryllis, glad to help :p. For serious though, I do think that maybe they fine tuned the sizing on the braided leathers, as eresh wondered. I don't have any XL beaded at the time or I'd show a picture, but I got one at the same time as the braided and while the sizes looked the same, I had to get rid of the beaded because it was so heavy that it slid out of place. For me I think it's the materials that make a difference rather than a size inconsistency as the leather is lighter, stiffer, and more grippy but I can still wear it with a little grow room. Also being able to change the stick really helps customize the fit. I think the beaded one I got was on the heavier side, so lighter/smaller beads might be a little more forgiving too.

Thanks ladies! I love it soooo much

For me my XL braided fits about the same as a metal XL

About leathers, here is my opinion:

The BRAIDED ones are the same size as the metal flexis.

The BOW LEATHERS are larger.

The THIN LEATHERS (turtle etc) are smaller. I think the dragon and similar ones are not as small as the thin leathers, but a little bit smaller may be. Close in size enough.

This all has been true for me. The bows are still huge because I had to swap board mine (it looks great in languagenut's hair though so it all worked out :). The braided I got into above, but I do think the sizing is now consistent but they can fit differently depending on the weight of the beads and may be a little more forgiving if you want something to grow into (just my experience). And yes, the pvc/thin cord ones are totally smaller. I don't know if it's a difference in material or size, but I could not squeeze a L pvc into my centerheld to save my life but a L beaded fits perfectly in the same style, I've just discovered.

The good thing about all this is if it doesn't fit, LR seems to be great with returns and exchanges (in the US at least).

Ophidian
April 3rd, 2019, 09:36 PM
SurprisingWoman, I am loving the bee! I like bees too and the gold looks really special with your silver and purple :crush:.

So many new beauties! I've acquired far too many new toys lately and for the sake of my poor wallet I'm going to have to get serious about thinning the herd a bit here soon.

However, this will not be searching for a new home, because I adore it:
https://i.imgur.com/xw4RtBc.jpg?1
It's an Open Flower in Large, which is perfect for my centerheld buns (in a braided LWB above). It held up a folded braid too, but I got a little slippage so maybe an M would be more ideal for that. My Ficarrissimos work so well in that style though I'm not too tempted to mess with a good thing.

Ophidian
April 4th, 2019, 10:52 AM
Sorry for yammering away on this thread, but I had to pop back in to say that Tracy is my flexi fairy godmother :crush:. I sent her a handful of pictures of models I like that aren’t on the website, mostly older, half without names, and she has managed to identify and find all five of them in just a few days. She’s a really dear person too. I think half the fun of collecting hairtoys for me is being able to support people like her and my favorite vendors on Etsy who are just really sweet people.

So thanks to her, I should have a Sunniva, Heart Blossom, Festive Poinsetta, Sapphira (!), and Carmen in the mail soon. Action pics to follow :).

Groovy Granny
April 4th, 2019, 11:12 AM
Sorry for yammering away on this thread, but I had to pop back in to say that Tracy is my flexi fairy godmother :crush:. I sent her a handful of pictures of models I like that aren’t on the website, mostly older, half without names, and she has managed to identify and find all five of them in just a few days. She’s a really dear person too. I think half the fun of collecting hairtoys for me is being able to support people like her and my favorite vendors on Etsy who are just really sweet people.

So thanks to her, I should have a Sunniva, Heart Blossom, Festive Poinsetta, Sapphira (!), and Carmen in the mail soon. Action pics to follow :).

That's awesome :thumbsup:
She is my stylist too; very friendly and helpful....loves to chat.
Your 'open flower' flexi pic is so elegant :love:
Can't wait to see your pics :popcorn:

milosmomma
April 4th, 2019, 04:14 PM
Wow, so many action shots and videos since I last stopped in. Just wanted to say thanks for the links and I feel more confident in picking out a size(although it may probably be some time still as I have an addiction to wood toys :lol:) But I will continue to lurk here and admire all the beauties :)

Crystawni
April 4th, 2019, 07:07 PM
Milady, that video, and lack of movement, is exactly how mine behaved, too. When you have the hair to fill things out, there's no budging anything, hey. And with you being half an inch bigger in the ponytail circ. than me, I wonder how you'll go with more length! I'm about at my max (FTL will be it for me), especially when it comes to comfort and hairtoy sizing. As for the pretty bunny--very cute! I just wonder how he'll go with his incoming skully friend (from a hairtoy thread far, far away...). :p

shaluwm_agape, the mix on you is perfect; I love a bit of blend and pop, and you do it so elegantly!

Ophidian, talking of elegant, your flower and styling is gorgeous! And how cool that you have some rarities heading your way!

Major sheds, oh yeah I can relate to that. In the past years I went back to BSL twice because of it. Health issues were the cause of that one.. little did I know. At least I know now so I am able to take measures, prescribed b12 injections weekly just make me go whoa at how much less hair I lose. I could still wear my M back at BSL. I have an S and an XS but my hair is so slippery that I cannot wear them in a ponytail, only when I either stay at home (so I don't lose it!) or when I wear an elastic underneath (eh, don't like that look).

Currently on my way to classic. I am now past tailbone, a length I have never been at before, but the M still fits like a dream and positioning is key. I can wear an L as well, but it is not as secure. Yet. I only have one for that reason. I wager I will be wearing my Ms for a LONG time to come as they're just so secure :)

Congrats on TBL! It's great to see you progressing further down (and looking so good!), and it will be interesting to see how you go. I was actually at TBL in that cinnabun pic upthread where I use a medium to pin the top of the bun (39" hair length). :p But if I want to use a medium (or just about any size) in a centreheld, I have to resort to braided buns like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uh9QaEf0No4

Crystawni that pink colour of the medium looks awesome in your hair!
At calflength I still can use all sizes too, just in different updos.
The mega fits good but it is so heavy on my head (I have a small head LOL)
Just like Ficcares size L are too heavy for me and M's work perfectly

Thank you! And yeah, having options is key. I'm with you when it comes to weight, too. The older megas feel twice as heavy than the newer, slender-stick ones, so are actually a pleasure for me to wear now. I have a few large Ficcare maximas, too, and can only wear them for a short while, whereas the mediums are much better even though I have to be creative to be able to wear that size. My sensitive scalp screams when I overload it, which is part of the reason I'm probably not going to grow any longer than FTL.

Crystawni, I love that hot pink in your hair! That is such a neat color on you! :inlove:

Thank you! :flowers: It's very reminiscent of the pink I had in my wedding so many moons ago.

Crystawni Your hair is definitely staying put. It's lovely. I am going to have to try to do some half ups and things.

I was wearing a shirt today that the honeybee would match perfectly. I washed my hair last night and slept with it in a bun so it was damp but not wet. I thought that would make it more compact. I was so busy I didn't have time to throw it up before I left the house. I thought I got it up across the whole thing because I didn't have a way to see the back but it's not all the way across and it's not level. Grrrrr. It's a work in progress.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36353&d=1554336868

I was a beekeeper and will be again next year so this has a special place in my heart. To heck with dangles that don't dangle right.

Thank you, and yup, tis be rock solid, with some creative styling coming up if I have to deal with more hair. I was just saying to Milady and eresh that I'm probably not going to grow any longer than FTL due to hair and hairtoy weight factors, and the other reason is I've just about outgrown all my bigger hairtoys (that are for the simplest, quickest hairstyles), and don't want to have to find and pay for more with my dragon's den full to the brim with pretties I love already.

Your bee is wonderful, and I love that it has great meaning for you, too. I look forward to seeing what styling (and inspiration!) you come up with!

shaluwm_agape
April 4th, 2019, 07:44 PM
Thanks! I so appreciate the compliment

Milady_DeWinter
April 5th, 2019, 12:47 AM
I had house rabbits and this is sooo cute! I always miss them this time of year and that Flexi is adorbs. I looked through your IG and you are stunning. You also have beautiful hair but just so pretty.

Thank you Surprisingeoman, youvare too sweet :o I would love to have house bunnies too, but I'm in a forced no pets time. I love your bee and how it suits you! I 'm also waiting for that same in mega after months longing for it, looks very beautiful.

Milady, that video, and lack of movement, is exactly how mine behaved, too. When you have the hair to fill things out, there's no budging anything, hey. And with you being half an inch bigger in the ponytail circ. than me, I wonder how you'll go with more length! I'm about at my max (FTL will be it for me), especially when it comes to comfort and hairtoy sizing. As for the pretty bunny--very cute! I just wonder how he'll go with his incoming skully friend (from a hairtoy thread far, far away...). :p

Thank you Crystawni! From your action shots I could say that the mega was the perfect size for you. And you are so close to your goal now! I won't probably go longer than FTL too, or even classic, I'll decide when I'll be there, but I think that it would be long and heavy enough for me to manage then. I hope my current hairtoys or most of them will fit at that size, because I have grown so many of them lately: since being at hip my bun grew a lot, probably because the layers and the new hairs (after a giant shed back in 2016, due to huge bleach damage) are catching up. I hope it will stay this size for a while, hopefully until the rest of time!

I guess the bunny will get on well with the skully antler you talk about, I'm so into both things (cute & dark, often mixed) which is reflected in my hairtoy collection and my art (https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu6eWpdhe37/) :p

Crystawni
April 5th, 2019, 02:57 AM
Thank you Crystawni! From your action shots I could say that the mega was the perfect size for you. And you are so close to your goal now! I won't probably go longer than FTL too, or even classic, I'll decide when I'll be there, but I think that it would be long and heavy enough for me to manage then. I hope my current hairtoys or most of them will fit at that size, because I have grown so many of them lately: since being at hip my bun grew a lot, probably because the layers and the new hairs (after a giant shed back in 2016, due to huge bleach damage) are catching up. I hope it will stay this size for a while, hopefully until the rest of time!

I guess the bunny will get on well with the skully antler you talk about, I'm so into both things (cute & dark, often mixed) which is reflected in my hairtoy collection and my art (https://www.instagram.com/p/Bu6eWpdhe37/) :p

Hehe, the mega would want to fit. I can't stand hairtoys that don't work for me and my slipmonster, especially when I'm not at home and need it to stay put. Basically, when my hair goes up, it has to stay there in this constant hot box or else I get an instant blanket of heat draping all the way down to my legs... :rolleyes: Funny thing is, that mega flexi I wore yesterday is the only hairtoy I've had comments on in public! I've commented about this elsewhere on the forum, where a lady at the supermarket was so taken by it, I whipped it out of my hair to show her, and she was stunned and apologetic all at once that I'd wreck my hairdo :bigeyes: ("with all that haaaaaaaaair"). Of course, I was fine and had that thing rebunned within seconds, much to her continued amazement. Gotta love the ease of these things!

Yup, I'll be around FTL by the end of this year (or August if I don't cut in the meantime), although even with it past classic, my hair bounces up to TBL especially now that I've reintroduced layers to the hemline, and I get the feeling it won't ever get to visual classic or below without me straightening it, so TBLish forever it be. :wethree: Yours will probably do the same, if not with more vigour. I just hope you find ways of using the toys you outgrow and that your new hairs find a way of compacting (although with your texture coming in thick and fast with that virgin hair, you'll probably continue the bunsplosion theme).

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Your art is awesome! That bunny kinda messes with your head, hey! :bunny: I hope the post is speedy for your antler. Getting it by Sunday (miracle, you say?) would be the icing on the (birthday) :cake:.

Milady_DeWinter
April 5th, 2019, 04:21 AM
Hehe, the mega would want to fit. I can't stand hairtoys that don't work for me and my slipmonster, especially when I'm not at home and need it to stay put. Basically, when my hair goes up, it has to stay there in this constant hot box or else I get an instant blanket of heat draping all the way down to my legs... :rolleyes: Funny thing is, that mega flexi I wore yesterday is the only hairtoy I've had comments on in public! I've commented about this elsewhere on the forum, where a lady at the supermarket was so taken by it, I whipped it out of my hair to show her, and she was stunned and apologetic all at once that I'd wreck my hairdo :bigeyes: ("with all that haaaaaaaaair"). Of course, I was fine and had that thing rebunned within seconds, much to her continued amazement. Gotta love the ease of these things!

Yup, I'll be around FTL by the end of this year (or August if I don't cut in the meantime), although even with it past classic, my hair bounces up to TBL especially now that I've reintroduced layers to the hemline, and I get the feeling it won't ever get to visual classic or below without me straightening it, so TBLish forever it be. :wethree: Yours will probably do the same, if not with more vigour. I just hope you find ways of using the toys you outgrow and that your new hairs find a way of compacting (although with your texture coming in thick and fast with that virgin hair, you'll probably continue the bunsplosion theme).

BAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! Your art is awesome! That bunny kinda messes with your head, hey! :bunny: I hope the post is speedy for your antler. Getting it by Sunday (miracle, you say?) would be the icing on the (birthday) :cake:.

Yep, it happens to me the same :p fancier hairtoys (TTs, Quattro's, fancy forks...) seem to be way more understated than flexis for some reason. I remember reading about that lady when you posted it and could recreate the scene perfectly, it must have been awesome! :o Something similar happened to me last Christmas, but at home and with one of my aunts; the scene was almost the same, bun drop and rebunned, and also flexi related (the poinsettia one). Not too epic :rolling: But fun enough.

I guess you are *sigh* right and I expect my bun to get larger before reaching my goals. Hopefully it'll compact more at some point... And I think that my hair will also look TBLish when Classic/FTL, esp because my virgin hair is way curlier than the dyed/hennaed part (which i hate, but oh well). About the post, I don't even receive the skully friend on Saturdays (only Amazon does that), so may be next week or the next... Anyway I couldn't wear it in my birthday since i'll be having meal with my family, and my mother hates skulls so so much; my granny isn't a fan either. And I want them to leave me alone, so I'll go in a braid or something cute. My incoming flexis are in the plane now I think, so will likely be at home within next week too.

BTW, some days ago I modded another flexi, so my fox is now very happy being in a brown braided flexi in mega. Got to take pics of it...

Milady_DeWinter
April 5th, 2019, 07:05 AM
Ok, just took a pic of my recently modded fox. I love how neutral it is! The stick is a swirl rosewood from church st & love :)

https://i.imgur.com/F2mGDD7l.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/xHpkjwil.jpg

AmaryllisRed
April 5th, 2019, 08:37 AM
The fox is adorable on you!

GrowlingCupcake
April 5th, 2019, 08:54 AM
Milady, that modded fox is really nice.

One of my stylists found some discontinued/sample/etc. flexis recently, and I've bought a bunch of them. My recent snags include a small Emerald North Star, a lovely circle in purple, a tiger lily with purple beads, and a Hawaiian flower with purple beads.

I do like purple xD

Ophidian
April 5th, 2019, 01:33 PM
Milady I lluuuuurve that fox mod! That combo of brown and antiqued copper reminds me of Maisy, which is probably my favorite leather to wear color-wise. Adore that stick too.

eadwine
April 5th, 2019, 02:49 PM
Not much into mods.. but that fox indeed is one that will slip through my nono ;)

Ophidian
April 9th, 2019, 08:45 PM
The preciouses are hopping in the mail tomorrow and they sent me a selfie. Be still my beating heart :bounce:.

https://i.imgur.com/IhlEcyk.jpg?1

Groovy Granny
April 9th, 2019, 09:27 PM
They are very pretty :love:
I have never tried the thin leathers; I hope you like them!
Hope you post pics and reviews :popcorn:

BerrySara
April 10th, 2019, 10:18 AM
The preciouses are hopping in the mail tomorrow and they sent me a selfie. Be still my beating heart :bounce:.

Ophidian those are super lovely! The thin leather ones looks awesome, I especially like the tan colored one with the rustic gold/bronze.

Currently browsing their website and the Flexi of the month for April with the elephant is so dang cute and its sold out in every size sigh...

GrowlingCupcake
April 10th, 2019, 11:31 AM
Ophidian those are super lovely! The thin leather ones looks awesome, I especially like the tan colored one with the rustic gold/bronze.

Currently browsing their website and the Flexi of the month for April with the elephant is so dang cute and its sold out in every size sigh...

I believe the U-pins, and the freestyle elephant basically sold out in a little over a day.

BerrySara
April 10th, 2019, 12:51 PM
I believe the U-pins, and the freestyle elephant basically sold out in a little over a day.

lol wow that's intense, I never stood a chance. I hope they bring it back.

Ophidian
April 10th, 2019, 10:33 PM
They are very pretty :love:
I have never tried the thin leathers; I hope you like them!
Hope you post pics and reviews :popcorn:

Thank you GG :flowers:

I always want to post more action pics than I end up doing, because I don’t have a great set up for pictures of the back of my head and give up fussing over it after a minute or two :p. One day I hope to get motivated and figure out how to get some better ones.

I have a pvc (thin cord) one already and I really like them. They’re very light, and I like the more understated appearance. They do run small! Whether it’s actual size or fit I’m not sure, but I could barely squeeze an L into a centerheld bun while I use that size in beaded with a little room to grow.

Groovy Granny
April 10th, 2019, 11:14 PM
I love pics but am not good at getting them; no help, poor basic camera, hand tremor, bad lights ;)

Thanks for the einfo; that's good to know :thumbsup:

KameRose
April 11th, 2019, 09:50 PM
Ophidian those are simply lovely. I haven't seen any of those before, of course i'm trying to behave myself. I really like the second and third ones. Was the second originally a Valentine's flexi? It's nice that those hearts aren't so in your face.

My latest acquires, which i actually picked up a couple weeks ago... haven't posted it before now because I have one that I need to return/exchange, which will hopefully be able to happen this weekend.

https://i.imgur.com/A17VxwLl.jpg

*sighs* I will probably end up with a couple more as I meet up for the exchange. I guess that means I need to put up those other frames. Only three available hooks on the ones I have up.

Henrietta
April 12th, 2019, 12:32 AM
Ophidian, what is the clip with blue accents called? It's the first time I'm seeing it and that doesn't happen often anymore ;)

Awesome set! I'm sure you cannot wait! Depending on where you live, your clips might have company in their journey, since I'm waiting for a package from Tracy too. (And yes, she's totally amazing :) )

KameRose – do put those extra frames up. You will need them :D

Groovy Granny, don't worry. I tend to hold my breath to take a picture in order to make any camera stable, I have to remind myself consciously to breathe, or I will suffocate trying to find a good angle and set the focus ;)

BerrySara, worry not. The Elephant will be back in November for Black Friday sale. And if you want it now, do try to reach out to a stylist. Most of us here will recommend Tracy Blough because she's lovely and can do magic when it comes to looking for clips that were sold out on the website ;)

Ophidian
April 12th, 2019, 07:59 AM
Ophidian those are simply lovely. I haven't seen any of those before, of course i'm trying to behave myself. I really like the second and third ones. Was the second originally a Valentine's flexi? It's nice that those hearts aren't so in your face.

Thank you! I like that about it too, and many of the thinner cord ones actually--they tend to be more low key :). I know it's called Heart Blossom which does sound Valentine-y, but I'm not sure when it was released.

Ophidian, what is the clip with blue accents called? It's the first time I'm seeing it and that doesn't happen often anymore ;)

Awesome set! I'm sure you cannot wait! Depending on where you live, your clips might have company in their journey, since I'm waiting for a package from Tracy too. (And yes, she's totally amazing :) )
BerrySara, worry not. The Elephant will be back in November for Black Friday sale. And if you want it now, do try to reach out to a stylist. Most of us here will recommend Tracy Blough because she's lovely and can do magic when it comes to looking for clips that were sold out on the website ;)

The clip with the blue accents is called Sapphira. I had the darnedest time tracking one down, but I saw a picture of one buried on Pintrest and fell in love with it. Tracy had to ID it for me and eventually was able to find one in the size I needed. I think it was a 2016 release?

Oh, and speaking of clips that aren't sold on the website, I saw on Tracy's FB that they are doing a limited re-release of Stylist Dragon if anyone cares to know ;). And Maisy, which is one of my personal favorites, but I don't know it went quite as quickly as that dragon.

BerrySara
April 12th, 2019, 09:45 AM

Thank you Henrietta :) I sent Tracy a message on IG asking about it and she replied pretty much instantly and said she will try! Yay!

BerrySara
April 12th, 2019, 09:47 AM
Oh, and speaking of clips that aren't sold on the website, I saw on Tracy's FB that they are doing a limited re-release of Stylist Dragon if anyone cares to know ;). And Maisy, which is one of my personal favorites, but I don't know it went quite as quickly as that dragon.

Oooo The Dragon would be very cool and so appropriate with GoT starting back up shortly Hehe

lunasea
April 12th, 2019, 06:08 PM
Happy I saw this! I have a dragon on the way AND I switched to Tracy as my stylist.

Groovy Granny
April 12th, 2019, 08:23 PM
She is a sweetheart; we have had a few lovely chats :)

Stray_mind
April 14th, 2019, 05:47 AM
Here are my new flexis, the seascape and filligree dragonfly in medium.

https://i.imgur.com/C7euzCq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FBmGUXS.jpg

eresh
April 14th, 2019, 07:28 AM
Lovely Stray_mind!

MusicalSpoons
April 14th, 2019, 08:47 AM
Oh pretty, stray_mind! The filigree dragonfly looks so much better than in the official LR photos - I actually had to zoom in because I thought it was a new flexi that I hadn't seen before!

Ophidian that's a lovely group winging their way to you!

Stray_mind
April 14th, 2019, 08:52 AM
Lovely Stray_mind!

Oh pretty, stray_mind! The filigree dragonfly looks so much better than in the official LR photos - I actually had to zoom in because I thought it was a new flexi that I hadn't seen before!

Ophidian that's a lovely group winging their way to you!

Thank you both! :flower:

BerrySara
April 14th, 2019, 09:36 AM

Stray that is really lovely and I really like how you used them with your pretty bun. I have the dragonfly as well and have been very tempted by seascape!

So Tracy found me both the elephant flexi and a dragon flexi! She is awesome and so sweet! Super happy with that. Wish I could wear my dragon flexi tonight but maybe I'll get it in time for next Sunday!

KameRose
April 14th, 2019, 10:34 AM
Stray_mind those are so pretty on you. The dragonfly especially stands out so nicely against your hair.

How exactly do you switch to a different stylist? I cannot seem to find any information in that regard.

eresh
April 14th, 2019, 10:37 AM
I switched by emailing Lilla Rose customer service.
Gave them the ID number of the new stylist and ask them to switch it in my account :o

Stray_mind
April 14th, 2019, 11:32 AM
Stray that is really lovely and I really like how you used them with your pretty bun. I have the dragonfly as well and have been very tempted by seascape!

So Tracy found me both the elephant flexi and a dragon flexi! She is awesome and so sweet! Super happy with that. Wish I could wear my dragon flexi tonight but maybe I'll get it in time for next Sunday!

Stray_mind those are so pretty on you. The dragonfly especially stands out so nicely against your hair.

How exactly do you switch to a different stylist? I cannot seem to find any information in that regard.

Thank you both!

I really like the detail in this dragonfly and how the silvery color fits my hair. :)
Seascape also has a very pretty color but now i think i should have chosen the silver color instead of gold.

KameRose
April 14th, 2019, 12:52 PM
Thank-you Eresh, I just sent Lilla Rose a message.

Groovy Granny
April 14th, 2019, 01:57 PM

https://i.imgur.com/C7euzCq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/FBmGUXS.jpg

Beautiful clips.....and your hair is looking lovely :love:

Gwyned
April 16th, 2019, 04:09 PM
I wanted the Briella so bad, but it sold out. I reached out to my stylist who told me the company said there is a possibility that it will be available again on Black Friday. I just purchased 4 flexis (Violet, Turtle, Seascape and Christine) and a stick (Angie). I'm already ready to make my next purchase. :o

BerrySara
April 16th, 2019, 05:07 PM
I wanted the Briella so bad, but it sold out. I reached out to my stylist who told me the company said there is a possibility that it will be available again on Black Friday. I just purchased 4 flexis (Violet, Turtle, Seascape and Christine) and a stick (Angie). I'm already ready to make my next purchase. :o

Gwyned I just got my hands on a Briella flexi after it was sold out. I asked Tracy Blough who is a stylist recommended by members on this thread :) I just sent her a message on Instagram and she was able to locate one for me in the size requested.

Btw I think the Seascape and Violet are very lovely and the Turtle is really cute - I love the thin leather.

Stray_mind
April 17th, 2019, 02:09 AM
Beautiful clips.....and your hair is looking lovely :love:

Thank you! The style with the filligree is what i wore on my brother's wedding day. :)

I couldn't take a pic though, because i was in a hurry.

eadwine
April 19th, 2019, 01:05 PM
New FOTM, stone replaceable by birthstone

https://i.imgur.com/Xmks0vI.jpg

eresh
April 19th, 2019, 01:42 PM
I like the birthstone option but I don't like the flexi look itself.
I'm not really into hearts lol

Chamomile betty
April 21st, 2019, 05:45 PM

I have a small and large Flexi 8 and needed some style inspiration. Saw you hair and wanted to share how beautiful your hair looks.

Stray_mind
April 22nd, 2019, 12:54 PM
I have a small and large Flexi 8 and needed some style inspiration. Saw you hair and wanted to share how beautiful your hair looks.

Thank you so much :flower:

I adore the flexis and how they look in people's hair. I like your half up in your avy. :)
Flexis are great for buns and half ups, you can also put the xs or s ones on the end of your braid, or do a peacock twist, or clip a ponytail... It is very versatile. :)

shaluwm_agape
April 22nd, 2019, 09:57 PM
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36599&d=1555991632
Look what ended up in my collection

BerrySara
April 23rd, 2019, 09:18 AM
That is a beautiful flexi shaluwm_agape!

shaluwm_agape
April 23rd, 2019, 11:13 AM
Thanks so much BerrySara I was beyond happy to have received it since it was discontinued

Henrietta
April 24th, 2019, 01:16 AM
Thanks so much BerrySara I was beyond happy to have received it since it was discontinued

It's one of my absolute favourites! Congrats on finding one! :)

shaluwm_agape
April 24th, 2019, 07:01 AM
It's one of my absolute favourites! Congrats on finding one! :)

You were actually the one I have to thank. My first flexi purchase was violet Dream you were the one that told me it was one time in green as well. So I had to find it :)

MusicalSpoons
April 25th, 2019, 11:07 AM
Oh that's a beauty, shaluwm_agape! Do you know what it's called?

I mentioned a while ago having problems returning a clip to the German office; they never got it and the tracking was contradicting itself anyway. The postal service have taken responsibility and compensated me fairly quickly, but I'm still a bit annoyed because I originally bought the clip in a sale, when it was 20% off, so now I either have to pay more plus customs charges (not going to happen) or wait until it's cheap enough in a sale again. I mean, it's not like I originally bought the clip because I wanted to wear it or anything ... :rolleyes: [/vent]

Recently I had an event and couldn't decide what flexi to wear in my hair, and found myself thinking the Calla Lily would have been perfect :O that's never happened before, about any clip that I don't already own! So I guess that one's coming home in the next sale :lol:

shaluwm_agape
April 25th, 2019, 05:02 PM
Emerald dream
So sorry to hear about your dilemma
Good news though starting may 1 $50 purchases get free shipping

Henrietta
April 26th, 2019, 11:47 AM
You were actually the one I have to thank. My first flexi purchase was violet Dream you were the one that told me it was one time in green as well. So I had to find it :)

I'm super glad I could help! :)

eadwine
April 26th, 2019, 01:20 PM
Check out LR folks, the little elephant is BACK!!

Milady_DeWinter
April 26th, 2019, 01:32 PM
LOL I came to shout out too eadwine :) I dunno if I should get it, the lack of action pics make me hesitate a lot. I might wait until BF...

eadwine
April 26th, 2019, 01:35 PM
I got the medium braided one. I don't like the regular one too much, too busy.

AmaryllisRed
April 26th, 2019, 01:44 PM
I really like it but I don't have the money now. Figures.

eadwine
April 26th, 2019, 02:20 PM
It'll likely be back on Black Friday, pretty sure.

KameRose
April 26th, 2019, 02:43 PM
I'm still not feeling the elephants but I am feeling the stylist exclusive dragon U-pins. :p

eresh
April 27th, 2019, 01:28 PM
Have you seen this?

https://i.imgur.com/RNF5TSFl.jpg

MusicalSpoons
April 27th, 2019, 02:13 PM
:O 20% off?! Me likey!

(Oh, and my clip that was lost in the post turned up today :rollin: not sure whether to risk trying to exchange it again or not :hmm:)

Chamomile betty
April 27th, 2019, 03:54 PM
Stray mind, Thank you. I really need to update my avatar pic though (few years old). That is a small silver toned Flexi.

GrowlingCupcake
April 27th, 2019, 06:00 PM
Guys, what action photos do you want for the elephants?

I cannot do great shots, but I have several sizes of both the beaded, and the braided.

shaluwm_agape
April 27th, 2019, 07:42 PM
Just ordered a Maisy in XL & the bee stick!

Milady_DeWinter
April 28th, 2019, 11:37 AM
I'd love to see the elephants in a bun GC! I'm still hesitating about those... Thank you lots :flower:

Also, here are my 3 new flexis that came some weeks ago :D Tessa both in braided style and in metal, and Honey Bee; everything in mega.

https://i.imgur.com/14n5Muq.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/awDJnS8l.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/1R3GsFxl.jpg

https://i.imgur.com/F8IOouWl.jpg

I really adore all 3 :)

AmaryllisRed
April 28th, 2019, 12:35 PM
Wow, those flexis look fantastic in your gorgeous mane, Milady! Perfect choices!

Stray_mind
April 28th, 2019, 02:01 PM
Milady - those flexis look amazing, but i Love the braided one the most. :crush:

shaluwm_agape
April 28th, 2019, 05:13 PM
Milady the bee! It looks stunning

Milady_DeWinter
April 29th, 2019, 05:20 AM
Thank you lots gals! i also think that the leather firefly is my fav, followed by the bee. All 3 are just super cute!

eresh
April 29th, 2019, 09:09 AM
Lovely flexis Milady!

I really like the bee, I might get that one in the sale if possible

MusicalSpoons
April 29th, 2019, 09:20 AM
I may or may not have talked myself into getting the pink Chloe - on top of what I already planned to buy :couch: As if I needed to spend any more money!

Edit: totally forgot to say, but those look great, Milady​!

Edit 2: I went through and worked out whether, if I bought each clip I'd like (7 of them!), it would be worth making it one big order and paying the customs charges. Nope! I'd *still* pay more in import VAT than the extra postage of buying all separately from LR, without even factoring in the postal service fee on top :rollin: It's quite good to know my strategy all this time really hasn't been a false economy :o

MusicalSpoons
May 1st, 2019, 11:31 AM
LR sent me their sale promo e-mail literally 3 minutes after I'd done my shopping :rollin:

I narrowed my list down from 7 to 4, though still undecided about a silver braided leather one, Darcy. Not sure whether I'll wear it enough, and if so, whether to buy an XL, with stick or without, or to risk a mega for thicker sticks :hmm:

eadwine
May 1st, 2019, 01:34 PM
I didn't get anything, again ;) But I still have that braided elephant on the way, so.. it's not like there is nothing coming ;)

shaluwm_agape
May 1st, 2019, 10:24 PM
I took advantage of the sale my sisters & I got one big order tiger lilly , night owl , lux upins , towel , hair brush , seaside bobbies, maisy and the bee stick , and freebie was garden bobbies

Stray_mind
May 1st, 2019, 11:28 PM
I won't be getting anything for now... i need to play around with the flexis i already have :)

deeisme
May 2nd, 2019, 01:43 AM
I just ordered three. Iris, Celtic and Kaleidoscope. Yay! I'm so excited! I've been looking at these ones for a little while now.

Milady_DeWinter
May 2nd, 2019, 04:46 AM
Ok, I picked a couple of things in the sale: Caleidoscope in mega (yay!) and the orbit U-pin, matte black with dark wood :)

Lily_white
May 3rd, 2019, 03:53 PM
I’m really tempted by a few of the ones with the thin pvc, like the Nydia, but I’m not sure about the sizes. For the beaded flexis large is the perfect size for my buns, but I have the turtle in large and it is quite a struggle to use for buns.

I’m thinking of trying one in xl, but when I look at the pictures the xl looks huge. Does anyone know how the pvc xl compares to a beaded large? Could it work?

AmaryllisRed
May 3rd, 2019, 04:07 PM
My XL Nydia is between my beaded Large and Extra Large. My XL beaded seems a bit big but the Nydia XL is perfect.

ETA: Here's a pic. The top is a Large, the bottom two are XL. You can see the difference.

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36734&d=1556921453

shaluwm_agape
May 3rd, 2019, 06:57 PM
They run small you should be good with an xl

Lily_white
May 4th, 2019, 09:57 AM
Thank you AmaryllisRed and Shaluwm_agape.
It looks like I will try an xl, if it’s to big I will hopefully grow into it soon.

shaluwm_agape
May 4th, 2019, 05:16 PM
You will for sure! :) lily_white

GrowlingCupcake
May 5th, 2019, 03:00 AM
Bit late, but for anyone interested on Black Friday:

Group shot of almost all sizes (no medium):
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36755&d=1557046673

Action shot of the large:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=36756&d=1557046680

MusicalSpoons
May 8th, 2019, 03:33 PM
That's a cute hellyphump :o

My Hibiscus Sea is slightly less green than my last one (*slightly*) so that's something, but the Calla Lily ... Do you guys see what I see?
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47806728851_a6e3b188fb_n.jpg
(https://flic.kr/p/2fQvYVH)Calla Lily XL (https://flic.kr/p/2fQvYVH)
Am I being overly exacting, expecting it to be straight(er), or has anyone had something like this? After the absolute shambles of the attempted exchange last time I don't know if it's worth wanting to exchange it for a straighter one, but also it's really bugging me already and it only arrived today :doh:

(Here it is in action:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47754767752_a31ff91539_n.jpg
(https://flic.kr/p/2fKVEGG)Calla Lily XL action (https://flic.kr/p/2fKVEGG)
Definitely still looks wonky to me :hmm:)

eresh
May 8th, 2019, 03:45 PM
I don't see anything wrong with it?

eadwine
May 8th, 2019, 03:51 PM
Lopsided as heck.. I would contact LR and ask for an exchange.

eresh
May 8th, 2019, 03:55 PM
I went to look at the lillarose pictures on the site, some of those are also not completely straight.
I don't find it disturbing enough to return it, but if YOU are annyed by it, then do :o

Groovy Granny
May 8th, 2019, 04:01 PM
I looked and saw the same...and agree if YOU are unhappy then exchange it :thumbsup:

That said....it looks lovely in your hair and also looks fine with the flower set on an angle.

Also, what's to say they won't send the same seeing they are not all pictured straight :shrug:

AmaryllisRed
May 8th, 2019, 06:24 PM
Yeah it looks like they're all at an angle but the angle isn't consistent. I think it would look pretty straight up and down. I wonder why they didn't make it like that.

Stray_mind
May 9th, 2019, 02:06 AM
I looked at the photo and XL size has the lilly angled Exatly at that angle. So it isn't lopsided at all.
XXL one looks straighter.

It looks pretty good in your hair too :)

I have ordered two flexis from Tracy for the first time. She was able to get both of them for me and i am so excited :)

eadwine
May 9th, 2019, 07:27 AM
Just got this one in, still new. Was in a retired consultant's stash. :)

https://i.imgur.com/f5QJx1p.jpg

eresh
May 9th, 2019, 07:41 AM
Very pretty!

MusicalSpoons
May 9th, 2019, 07:45 AM
:thud: WOW that's incredibly, gorgeously cute eadwine!! :crush: :heartbeat

Thanks for the perspective on the Calla Lily, ladies :) I searched Google for pics of it after your comments and it does seem to be kind of random (from what I could see) but about 50/50 straight and wonky. GroovyGranny that's an excellent point and probably trying to exchange it would be futile, knowing how these things tend to turn out for me! (Though I am baffled why they didn't decide on either straight or wonky, and stick to it :confused:)

Stray_mind
May 9th, 2019, 08:06 AM

https://i.imgur.com/f5QJx1p.jpg
Aww that's cute!

eadwine
May 9th, 2019, 08:34 AM
Thanks Eresh and Stray_mind :)

Groovy Granny
May 9th, 2019, 09:11 AM

Very cute; love the color!

Thanks for the perspective on the Calla Lily, ladies :) I searched Google for pics of it after your comments and it does seem to be kind of random (from what I could see) but about 50/50 straight and wonky. GroovyGranny that's an excellent point and probably trying to exchange it would be futile, knowing how these things tend to turn out for me! (Though I am baffled why they didn't decide on either straight or wonky, and stick to it :confused:)

Personally I am with you and would prefer it to be straight ;)
No fun when you are disappointed and have no good recourse to fix it.
I hope you can be at peace with it....whatever you decide.

eadwine
May 9th, 2019, 10:24 AM
Thanks Groovy Granny :)

BerrySara
May 9th, 2019, 10:27 AM
Very pretty eadwine!

MusicalSpoons that Calla Lily is so lovely and feminine even with it being slightly wonky. Its not noticeable unless you really look for it and in your action shot it just looks so beautiful with your hair color.

MusicalSpoons
May 9th, 2019, 10:46 AM
Very pretty eadwine!

MusicalSpoons that Calla Lily is so lovely and feminine even with it being slightly wonky. Its not noticeable unless you really look for it and in your action shot it just looks so beautiful with your hair color.

Aw thank you :flower: I've always been drawn to the brighter nickel anyway (although I only own two in it, as of yesterday!) but they don't offer it very often. I would love some of the plainer nickel flexis to be offered in it, at least as a choice, but alas.

It did dawn on me that my buns with flexis tend to rotate a bit with the weight while wearing them, so after a few hours the lily itself might end up nearly straight after all! :laugh:

eadwine
May 9th, 2019, 11:23 AM
Thanks BerrySara :)

melesine
May 9th, 2019, 05:34 PM
That's a cute hellyphump :o

My Hibiscus Sea is slightly less green than my last one (*slightly*) so that's something, but the Calla Lily ... Do you guys see what I see?
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47806728851_a6e3b188fb_n.jpg
(https://flic.kr/p/2fQvYVH)Calla Lily XL (https://flic.kr/p/2fQvYVH)
Am I being overly exacting, expecting it to be straight(er), or has anyone had something like this? After the absolute shambles of the attempted exchange last time I don't know if it's worth wanting to exchange it for a straighter one, but also it's really bugging me already and it only arrived today :doh:

(Here it is in action:
https://live.staticflickr.com/65535/47754767752_a31ff91539_n.jpg
(https://flic.kr/p/2fKVEGG)Calla Lily XL action (https://flic.kr/p/2fKVEGG)
Definitely still looks wonky to me :hmm:)

It’s up to you but I wouldn’t want it straight. Calla lily is my favorite flower. They have a natural curve as a plant. In fact when I had it tattooed on my I purposely made sure it curved and wasn’t straight.

GrowlingCupcake
May 9th, 2019, 10:43 PM
I'd be okay with the angle if it didn't have a dangle; I think that throws it off too much in a bun, though I'd like to see it in a half-up.

MusicalSpoons, can the dangle be removed without looking too weird? I love calla lilies, and eventually plan on buying it.