PDA

View Full Version : The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 [52] 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

jennareid
June 1st, 2017, 09:36 AM
It just looks sad... like those cheapo bracelets with letters on the blocks..

Yep, that's exactly the vibe I get too. Plus it looks like it would feel horrible, like unglazed ceramic

unheardletters
June 1st, 2017, 10:19 AM
I guess I am alone in loving the June flexi, but I'm still waiting for last months flexi to be shipped. If they don't send it soon I might cancel and get the new flexi instead.

Prism
June 1st, 2017, 10:27 AM
Can anyone recommend what a good first flexi looks like? I don't see anything that says Flexi-8 on the web site; I only see Flexi-O. And would you go with silver, multicolor, or something else? Thanks!

Suze
June 1st, 2017, 10:28 AM
Can anyone recommend what a good first flexi looks like? I don't see anything that says Flexi-8 on the web site; I only see Flexi-O. And would you go with silver, multicolor, or something else? Thanks!

You need to click on 'hair clips'. I would just buy one you really like! But also one that you could wear a lot.

Prism
June 1st, 2017, 10:41 AM
You need to click on 'hair clips'. I would just buy one you really like! But also one that you could wear a lot.

Thank you, I see them now! I'm concerned about getting the right size. My hair is shoulder length but very thick. I use a large Ficcare Maximus for comparison. Would you go with a medium, thinking it will still hold your hair when it's longer, or would you recommend a large? Thank you!

Suze
June 1st, 2017, 10:44 AM
I think you'll need a Large but I am not sure. Others that have more experience might be more helpful. Did you see one you want?

Prism
June 1st, 2017, 10:46 AM
I think you'll need a Large but I am not sure. Others that have more experience might be more helpful. Did you see one you want?

Yes, too many lol. I like some of the silver ones, but I wonder if it would look bad when I was wearing gold jewelry? I'm thinking about maybe going with a different color because of it.

MidnightMoon
June 1st, 2017, 11:38 AM
Thank you, I see them now! I'm concerned about getting the right size. My hair is shoulder length but very thick. I use a large Ficcare Maximus for comparison. Would you go with a medium, thinking it will still hold your hair when it's longer, or would you recommend a large? Thank you!

Definitely not medium if you use a large ficcare. With fine hair, of a thickness close to 3 inches, I can fit my hair up to waist in a bun, and use an xl to secure that. Flexis run small in my opinion. I don't really see how anyone would fit all their hair no matter how fine or thin in anything smaller. Maybe a large if it's still very short. If you have such thick hair, and plan on growing, I'd get at least an l. There are different ways of using clips, of course. Half ups, peacock twists, at the base of ponytails, but for buns that hold all your hair, better overestimate than get one too small.

MidnightMoon
June 1st, 2017, 11:43 AM
Forgot to mention that I still use my xl at tailbone, I make a cinmamon roll, secure it once it gets to a certain size, and then keep twisting hair outside of the flexi. Sometimes I braid that hair. There's a pic in my album if you want to see. But in any case, you need to make sure the first roll of hair would fit in the flexi... so, if I having fine hair use an xl for this first hair roll, I can only imagine you'd use an xxl. If you choose not to use flexis as the main thing to hold your hair, just as adornment, any size will do. I haven't figured a way to do that without it looking weird, though.

Suze
June 1st, 2017, 12:14 PM
I guess I am alone in loving the June flexi, but I'm still waiting for last months flexi to be shipped. If they don't send it soon I might cancel and get the new flexi instead.

I think the June flexi will look gorgeous IRL, the picture is just a little flat. Since they used natural stones I think it will look very 'earthy' (does that make sense?). The colour scheme just isn't for me but I bet it will look pretty.

I really don't like the flexi's with the tubes. It just isn't for me.

Prism, unless you wear very pronounced big gold jewelry I think silver would look good on you. There are also flexi that combine silver with warmer/ gold tones like the 'Elegant Flower' for example.

I am buying my very first flexi8. I will go with the 'Winter Wonder' in Large. If I really realy like it then I will also get the 'Iris' and just risk the customes. It is only 36 cents over the limit so maybe I luck out or they round it down. :lol:

Will large be the right size for me? Pony of 8,5cm (3.35") and the length is 70cm (BSL+). Thank you! :)

Prism
June 1st, 2017, 12:24 PM
Suze and MidnightMoon, thank you for your insight and recommendations. I will go with a large. Now to choose between the Winter Wonder, Celtic Knot, Filigree Dragonfly, Prominent Dragonfly, the Tiger Lily, and Simple Band. :confused: It's for work. I think I'm narrowing it down to the Celtic Knot, Tiger Lily and Simple band. I just read that the Celtic Knot has religious symbolism, so I probably wouldn't be comfortable wearing that to work. Decisions, decisions!

Prism
June 1st, 2017, 12:34 PM
Ok, this settles it (http://www.auntyflo.com/flower-dictionary/tiger-lily) for me. I'm getting the Tiger Lily in Large. I just read:

"This is the spiritual meaning of this wonderful flower. Maybe someone has given you the tiger lily as a gift and you have stumbled on my website to find the meaning. The traditional white lily is normally associated with death but the tiger lily means wealth... read below for a more detailed meaning.

Color: Just like the animal, the tiger is a bright and fiery animal."

I'll hopefully be working in a job where confidence is necessary, and that symbolism meaning wealth isn't too bad, either. ;)

MidnightMoon
June 1st, 2017, 12:43 PM
I think the June flexi will look gorgeous IRL, the picture is just a little flat. Since they used natural stones I think it will look very 'earthy' (does that make sense?). The colour scheme just isn't for me but I bet it will look pretty.

I really don't like the flexi's with the tubes. It just isn't for me.

Prism, unless you wear very pronounced big gold jewelry I think silver would look good on you. There are also flexi that combine silver with warmer/ gold tones like the 'Elegant Flower' for example.

I am buying my very first flexi8. I will go with the 'Winter Wonder' in Large. If I really realy like it then I will also get the 'Iris' and just risk the customes. It is only 36 cents over the limit so maybe I luck out or they round it down. :lol:

Will large be the right size for me? Pony of 8,5cm (3.35") and the length is 70cm (BSL+). Thank you! :)

I'd go with xl. I can't fit more than one coil (don't know if that's what they are called) when doing a cinnamon bun, so that's what you need at BSL.
I have the winter wonder in small. It's a very cute clip :3 I wish I had it in a larger size, as I prefer flexis to hold most of my hair as opppsed to being used as just adornment.

Prism
June 1st, 2017, 12:48 PM
I'd go with xl. I can't fit more than one coil (don't know if that's what they are called) when doing a cinnamon bun, so that's what you need at BSL.
I have the winter wonder in small. It's a very cute clip :3 I wish I had it in a larger size, as I prefer flexis to hold most of my hair as opppsed to being used as just adornment.

Ok, thank you!

Henrietta
June 1st, 2017, 12:54 PM
About the size: remember that with one that's a bit too small, you can still do a lot. Or everything...? (Like a bun made of half of your hair, then wrap the other half around the bun.) But the frustration of having a clip that's too big is impossible to describe :D

unheardletters
June 1st, 2017, 12:57 PM
If your flexi is too big you can wrap a hair elastic around the pin to make it fit smaller. I do this for the mega which is a bit too big for me.

Prism
June 1st, 2017, 01:08 PM
About the size: remember that with one that's a bit too small, you can still do a lot. Or everything...? (Like a bun made of half of your hair, then wrap the other half around the bun.) But the frustration of having a clip that's too big is impossible to describe :D

If your flexi is too big you can wrap a hair elastic around the pin to make it fit smaller. I do this for the mega which is a bit too big for me.

Good points! I went with the large because of this. Thank you!

Henrietta
June 1st, 2017, 01:31 PM

I use XL normally, once I bought a Mega because a FOTM that I really wanted (one of my Flexi dreams, a big burgundy centre) was sold out. So I took the risk with Mega. Oh no. Big no. The size difference is so big between these two that it didn't hold well. I was able to put it on and it stayed, but the bun was very loose and unstable. Maybe if I knew the elastic trick then it would save me a lot of disappointment? After all, I was able to get an XL from a consultant. I'm still grateful :)

hobbitlocks
June 1st, 2017, 02:17 PM
Just chiming in on sizing: my hair is about 3.25 inch thickness at BCL and I can still use a medium for a LWB, which seems much smaller than other people with similar thickness/length. Maybe my hair just compacts a lot? So take that into account if yours does too. But I also think the size is dependent on what bun you're doing. For centerhelds I use a medium or large sort of depending on my hair's mood that day, but for a cinnebun or something that goes around the bun I would need a much larger size. I did underestimate the size I needed when first ordering, so it's probably still good to go up if you're not sure.

I really like the centerpeice on the Amarissa, but I'm not sure about the blue rubber. I wish it were beaded!

eadwine
June 1st, 2017, 02:20 PM
The tubing is very sturdy. My consultant has worn it pretty much non stop when it first came out to test its durability. So it got wet, laid on, you name it. It passed the test :)

Suze
June 1st, 2017, 02:26 PM
Thanks everyone who chimed in about the sizing. I am really not sure if I should go for L or XL, so will think about it for a bid. In the meantime I ordered the Winter Wonder U-Pins! :crush: So now I have both have those and the Hawaiian on their way to my mailbox! :cheer:

unheardletters
June 1st, 2017, 03:08 PM
Thanks everyone who chimed in about the sizing. I am really not sure if I should go for L or XL, so will think about it for a bid. In the meantime I ordered the Winter Wonder U-Pins! :crush: So now I have both have those and the Hawaiian on their way to my mailbox! :cheer:

I didn't know what size to buy when I got my first flexi, so I bought a few sizes. I use them all, depending on the hairstyle. Medium for half up, large for ponytail and tail up styles, x-large for French twists and buns. I ended up getting a mega too, but it is too big for now. My hair is very thick so I will need it soon enough.

two_wheels
June 1st, 2017, 03:11 PM
Like Henrietta, I once went up a size before I was ready because of stock issues. There is nothing heavier than an XL flexi in hair that can manage a M or L max! The choice really depends on the style you find most comfortable (centre held vs. most of it) as well as thickness. I find it more stable to put an XL through the outer loop of a nautilus rather than use a M or L in a centre held bun. YMMV

Babetriz
June 1st, 2017, 06:01 PM
Man the new flexi is not my cup of tea. If anyone gets one, please post some action shots!!!

Oh, I just remembered. The girl I sit next to in AP computer science has just past shoulder length, probably iii hair, and I was gushing about a bunch of flexis a while ago (especially Mariposa) and today she told me her mum is getting her one for her birthday, she just has to choose! This is my first true enabling :o

Hele
June 1st, 2017, 07:29 PM
^^enabling is a LHC rite of passage, congrats!

i'd love to see that flexi of the month in action if anyone gets it, maybe it's one of those things that looks way better when in use. There's been several things i was kinda meh about that i then saw in someone's action shot and liked. Right now it still looks like an eraser to me though...

Crystawni
June 1st, 2017, 08:02 PM
I dunno, it could be THE flexi for LHC as it reminds me of >> :cheese:

Borgessa
June 1st, 2017, 10:09 PM
Yes maybe it will look better when some one is wearing it, but it just looks so dull and flat to me, not refined at all, I personally perfer more sparkle or at least bling. I love beads :) I don't dig all the shells and ocean stuff either. I do like kinda almost like Amarissa but i'm not convinced about that blue tubing, so i'm holding back on a purchase this month. Disappointed as I have always looked forward to the months release. I did get the bee last month and stick, and they are a favourite of mine. I have worn them at lot since i purchased.

languagenut
June 2nd, 2017, 06:11 PM
I just took a look at the June FOTM, and honestly... I don't think it looks that bad. I'm not crazy about the square center, but the color scheme and overall look doesn't look bad; it's just more earthy rather than sparkly. Just my opinion though; I'm not in the market for buying Flexis right now anyway.

*Seraphina*
June 3rd, 2017, 01:27 AM
@Suze I got a L but I the next time I will order a XL. I just can't work with a L, it is too tight for the styles I like.

*Seraphina*
June 3rd, 2017, 01:33 AM
you crazy kids and your pretty Floressa flexis...they look beautiful on everyone!

i'm super excited that after some tinkering around i got my XL's working again...so of course i had to run off and buy myself two new ones (skull and honeybee). So happy to be wearing my chick flexi again!

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab76/heletwo/hair%20things/20170526_161844_resized%20429x640_zpsfvribp50.jpg

Love this one!!

Henrietta
June 3rd, 2017, 04:59 AM
I just took a look at the June FOTM, and honestly... I don't think it looks that bad. I'm not crazy about the square center, but the color scheme and overall look doesn't look bad; it's just more earthy rather than sparkly. Just my opinion though; I'm not in the market for buying Flexis right now anyway.

I don't like the overall look, but I do like the grey beads.

Arctic
June 3rd, 2017, 05:45 AM
I had to google the "ugly flexi" and I find it rather pleasant, calm, natural and beachy.

Does anyone know if flexis are nickel-free? Do they suit young toddlers?

MidnightMoon
June 3rd, 2017, 06:02 AM
I had to google the "ugly flexi" and I find it rather pleasant, calm, natural and beachy.

Does anyone know if flexis are nickel-free? Do they suit young toddlers?

Haha I laughed at the "ugly flexi". It definitely is beachy. So far my favourite flexi is an xl "simple band antique brass", which I wear in two pics I have in my album, and doesn't seem to be too common. I think they discontinued it a while after I got it. It has orange beads which go great with dark hair.
I like seeing how different styles and colours fit different people based on their hair colour, texture and clothing style.
About your question, there's this thread in case it helps: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20304

Arctic
June 3rd, 2017, 06:11 AM
Haha I laughed at the "ugly flexi". It definitely is beachy. So far my favourite flexi is an xl "simple band antique brass", which I wear in two pics I have in my album, and doesn't seem to be too common. I think they discontinued it a while after I got it. It has orange beads which go great with dark hair.
I like seeing how different styles and colours fit different people based on their hair colour, texture and clothing style.
About your question, there's this thread in case it helps: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=20304

Thanks for the link! Might have to pass the idea of buying few of these to the toddler in question, since they contain nickel.

I agree, it's nice that flexis come in many different styles, everyone can find at least few clips they like.

MidnightMoon
June 3rd, 2017, 07:52 AM
You're welcome :)

wispe
June 3rd, 2017, 01:49 PM
I don't hate the FOTM, but it's definitely not for me. I'm not a fan of the stone choice particularly - the square shape and plain pale color (and no guarantee of getting a centerpiece with a cool pattern/color variation) just don't work for me. I like the grey stones/beads on the band, just not the overall design. And though I like the starfish I'm not a fan of the tubing, aesthetically.

Decorated a rose bun with my small Floressa today.
http://i.imgur.com/AAi7xXu.jpg?1

Aredhel
June 3rd, 2017, 02:51 PM
I don't hate the FOTM, but it's definitely not for me. I'm not a fan of the stone choice particularly - the square shape and plain pale color (and no guarantee of getting a centerpiece with a cool pattern/color variation) just don't work for me. I like the grey stones/beads on the band, just not the overall design. And though I like the starfish I'm not a fan of the tubing, aesthetically.

Decorated a rose bun with my small Floressa today.
http://i.imgur.com/AAi7xXu.jpg?1

As usual, your bun is perfection!:crush: The floressa is such a lovely touch.

Suze
June 3rd, 2017, 03:16 PM
Wow, gorgeous Wispe! :crush:

Hele
June 3rd, 2017, 06:50 PM
that's a very soft and romantic look wispe!

in regards to the new flexis, i really like the centerpiece of that Amarissa one. However i don't like the blue tubing...if those were blue beads i'd be all over it! The FOTM looks a little bland to me but i'd still love to see an action shot on here.

i got flexi mail today! I know what i'll be wearing to work tomorrow:

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab76/heletwo/hair%20things/20170603_155658_resized%20576x489_zpsw4h9nfoo.jpg

sadly the Honeybee that i also ordered arrived broken. : / I love the colors of it, i'm hoping i don't have any trouble getting it replaced!

wispe
June 3rd, 2017, 07:10 PM
Oh Hele, that's awful about the honeybee. Wishing you luck in replacing it! At least you have such nice crossbones to wear while you wait!

Crystawni
June 3rd, 2017, 07:15 PM
Very pretty, wispe. And edgy, Hele! What a shame about the Honeybee. :( I hope things go smoothly when it comes to replacing it.

I live beachside, and wouldn't wear the FOTM for fear of birds swooping me, thinking it was a half-eaten chip in my hair that needs to be gobbled. :lol: It's the square brick that doesn't flow for me. I prefer whimsy, elegance and fun, not blocks that just sit there looking kinda awkward. I'm sure, though, it would look really nice on some people, especially blondes as per one of the LillaRose action pics. As for the blue tubing, I love it BUT only in smaller sizes. I have it on my small Flip Flops flexi, and wear it as a ponytail/braid holder, so it's kind of like a coloured hairtie. As a barrette though? Not so much.

Prism
June 3rd, 2017, 07:27 PM
Thanks for your recommendations to get the L Flexi instead of the M. This is just right. I wouldn't have been happy with the M. As it is, I wonder if I should have gotten an XL so there's room to grow. This will probably fit for a long time, though.

Crystawni
June 3rd, 2017, 07:51 PM
Prism, that's great! I can still wear Ls at BCL--if the bun or style is right. Centrehelds (very tight fit, with outer hair flopping over), or used as an accent clipping the hidden ends and edge of a bun. XLs are a tight fit, too, so have to be bunned right. There's no way one fits my cinnabuns, though, so I have a plain XXL for that. I use mediums for tailed French twists and ponytails, and smaller sizes for braids, halfups or accents.

likelikepenny
June 3rd, 2017, 07:54 PM
Has anyone ever outgrown an XXL flexi?

Prism
June 3rd, 2017, 08:09 PM
Prism, that's great! I can still wear Ls at BCL--if the bun or style is right. Centrehelds (very tight fit, with outer hair flopping over), or used as an accent clipping the hidden ends and edge of a bun. XLs are a tight fit, too, so have to be bunned right. There's no way one fits my cinnabuns, though, so I have a plain XXL for that. I use mediums for tailed French twists and ponytails, and smaller sizes for braids, halfups or accents.

Oh that's good to know. I can't really tell how much space I have left; I just know this one is a good fit for right now. I have all of my hair up in a (little) bun, and the L is just right. If I buy another, would you recommend I skip over the XL and go for an XXL?

Has anyone ever outgrown an XXL flexi?

I'm wondering the same thing...

Crystawni
June 3rd, 2017, 09:12 PM
Nooooooooo, don't skip to an XXL. There's a huge difference between the sticks, 8s and weight of the XL and XXL compared to other size levels (although I read elsewhere the XXL Floressa with its smaller 8 is a great mix of the two sizes). I've actually tweaked the 8 part of some of my flexis to fit better, so the XXL and mediums have a fatter 8, and my smalls (to fit a ponytail--just, and depending on hair bulk on the day) and some Ls an elongated one as they're my inbetween sizes.

A rushed pic of my current metal Flexifam shows it a little (the XXL is the only one on the second row down on the left).

https://i.imgur.com/1pQ3azW.jpg

As for outgrowing an XXL, I'd think it would depend on hair compactability (texture and thickness) moreso than length, especially if you can do a few different styles.

Prism
June 3rd, 2017, 10:08 PM
Crystawni, thanks for the pic and size advice. I can really see the size difference in the pic; I didn't realize there was that much of a difference between sizes. And I'm drooling over your collection and beautiful display! :bigtongue:

*Seraphina*
June 3rd, 2017, 11:29 PM
That's a beautiful collection crystawni! A little piece of art on the wall! :)
I was wearing a flexi size L yesterday in a lwb. It held all day but it was a little hidden, I think I will order a xl today to see which hairstyles I can do with that. My hair is getting longer which means more hairstyles to try!

Prism
June 3rd, 2017, 11:55 PM
What size do you think would be right for pulling back all hair from ears forward, leaving the rest loose? M or S? Do you ever use a S or XS for anything?

Thanks for all of your help, Crystawni!

likelikepenny
June 4th, 2017, 01:21 AM
I'm considering buying a flexi but will probably wait until Spring as I need to be around BSL or Waist for buns.

However, I have a 6.5 ponytail circumference with almost zero compactibility. What size would you all suggest?

*Seraphina*
June 4th, 2017, 01:50 AM
@prism, I only have a size L in my collection but if I would use a flexi for a half updo I would go for a size S I think!

Crystawni
June 4th, 2017, 02:26 AM
Oh, well I'd say XS or S, Prism, depending... To give you an idea:

Smalls and an extra small (r) in action from this post (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=2847890&viewfull=1#post2847890):

https://i.imgur.com/PtXVADc.jpg

XS from this post (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=2860024&viewfull=1#post2860024):

https://i.imgur.com/fQyvQFb.jpg https://i.imgur.com/XoUCDb7.jpg

And more XS from this (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=2899133&viewfull=1#post2899133) and this post (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=2899722&viewfull=1#post2899722):

https://i.imgur.com/d6RhqlM.jpghttps://i.imgur.com/eLGXxKG.jpg

XXS/mini from this post (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=2817198&viewfull=1#post2817198):

https://i.imgur.com/V60ve5A.jpg

likelikepenny, DreamSheep has a ponytail circ. of around 5 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=2837692&viewfull=1#post2837692)", and could use an XL for ponytails (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=2935192&viewfull=1#post2935192) (that broke) (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=2935440&viewfull=1#post2935440). For reference, here's her hair in a mega here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=2918898&viewfull=1#post2918898) and here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=2928283&viewfull=1#post2928283) and here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=2935715&viewfull=1#post2935715). So, I wouldn't go any less than XL if I were you.

Aaaaaaaand, thank you, *Seraphina*! It makes them easy to see, choose and grab if I'm mid-updo!

Serimel
June 4th, 2017, 02:28 AM
Nooooooooo, don't skip to an XXL. There's a huge difference between the sticks, 8s and weight of the XL and XXL compared to other size levels (although I read elsewhere the XXL Floressa with its smaller 8 is a great mix of the two sizes). I've actually tweaked the 8 part of some of my flexis to fit better, so the XXL and mediums have a fatter 8, and my smalls (to fit a ponytail--just, and depending on hair bulk on the day) and some Ls an elongated one as they're my inbetween sizes.

A rushed pic of my current metal Flexifam shows it a little (the XXL is the only one on the second row down on the left).

http://oi1340.photobucket.com/albums/o722/Weighting/Hair%20Toys/Flexifam%20Metals%20June%2017_zpsr5hfxz0t.jpg

As for outgrowing an XXL, I'd think it would depend on hair compactability (texture and thickness) moreso than length, especially if you can do a few different styles.

Jealousy doesn't strike me often but now I feel a tiny bit of hair toy envy. :D That's an amazing collection Crystawni!

Crystawni
June 4th, 2017, 02:35 AM
Thank you, Serimel! It's funny, though, that it's my lovely, light leather ones (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=3370069&viewfull=1#post3370069) (action here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=3338239&viewfull=1#post3338239)) that are my go-tos because they are quick and even more versatile than the fixed clips... :p

MidnightMoon
June 4th, 2017, 03:57 AM
I'd go with S or XS for just putting hair out of your face. In my case, hair around my temples is even finer than the rest, and doesn't really add up to all that much. I don't own an XS, so I have to grab a section of the hair that's left in the back, and use a tiny black elastic which I manage to stretch around the flexi and hide, so that it doesn't slip... so perhaps an XS would be even better.
Medium is too big for that. I have used medium to secure a sort of bun I have done in a half up, but it's so far the least used flexi of mine, along with the S. It's a bit unfortunate, but I haven't figured out good ways to wear those yet. I don't like using it just as an accent, because I find the bar looks a bit ugly when it's not hidden at all, I prefer it to be mostly covered with hair.

MidnightMoon
June 4th, 2017, 04:07 AM
Huh, interesting... it never occurred to me using a flexi instead of a hair band, and while I barely ever wear ponytails, it's good to find new uses for my clips. I just tried them on, and at ~3 inches, a medium works for me. I have some shorter pieces that don't make it to the pony, but large just slips down, and I feel like I could fit a bit more in there, so medium it is. I'm amazed at you guys who can use an XL as a ponytail holder haha. Send some hair over here! :lol:

Henrietta
June 4th, 2017, 07:16 AM
Oh, oh, oh. Whenever I see live shots of some clips, I look at them differently, and I suddenly start liking styles that never appealed to me in the official photos.

languagenut
June 4th, 2017, 07:30 AM
What size do you think would be right for pulling back all hair from ears forward, leaving the rest loose? M or S? Do you ever use a S or XS for anything?

Thanks for all of your help, Crystawni!

I did that with my XS because a normal half-up didn't fit. I found it a pain though, and after a few times of that I returned the XS in exchange for a S, so I could do normal half-ups. So if you're wanting to just do the front hair, an XS would probably be what you want. (my ponytail circumference is about 4¼", for reference)

I'm considering buying a flexi but will probably wait until Spring as I need to be around BSL or Waist for buns.

However, I have a 6.5 ponytail circumference with almost zero compactibility. What size would you all suggest?

I use an XL for buns, so you'd probably need at least an XXL, I'm guessing.

Oh, oh, oh. Whenever I see live shots of some clips, I look at them differently, and I suddenly start liking styles that never appealed to me in the official photos.

Haha, same here! :laugh:

Prism
June 4th, 2017, 07:39 AM
Seraphina, Crystawni, MidnightMoon, Thank you so much for the info. Crystawni, you are a sweetheart to post all of those pictures. I owe you!

*Seraphina*
June 4th, 2017, 11:13 AM
I got myself a sunflower, honeybee and iris in XL. I hope it gets here soon!! I'm so excited:)

*Seraphina*
June 4th, 2017, 11:21 AM
And I got a xs night owl for free which is awesome!

likelikepenny
June 4th, 2017, 03:00 PM
likelikepenny, DreamSheep has a ponytail circ. of around 5 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=2837692&viewfull=1#post2837692)", and could use an XL for ponytails (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=2935192&viewfull=1#post2935192) (that broke) (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=2935440&viewfull=1#post2935440). For reference, here's her hair in a mega here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=2918898&viewfull=1#post2918898) and here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=2928283&viewfull=1#post2928283) and here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=2935715&viewfull=1#post2935715). So, I wouldn't go any less than XL if I were you.

I use an XL for buns, so you'd probably need at least an XXL, I'm guessing.

Thank you both. I wonder if I would be able to use a medium or large for half ups, a xl for a bun, and then have the option of upgrading to a mega?

I guess I'll just have to wait it out until I can actually do buns with my thickness.

Borgessa
June 5th, 2017, 12:50 AM
I got myself a sunflower, honeybee and iris in XL. I hope it gets here soon!! I'm so excited:)

Honey bee is my favourite, you'll love it, the stick is real cute too :)

Crystawni
June 6th, 2017, 08:22 PM
I'm wearing my XL cream leather 8 today with a 7" quilted crepe myrtle CM stick. The 8 is the same size as my mega/XXL metal clip, but its minimal weight, flexibility and grip make it a better fit for many more updos like this French twist rollover thingame.

https://i.imgur.com/XZ9rxgO.jpg

Seraphina, Crystawni, MidnightMoon, Thank you so much for the info. Crystawni, you are a sweetheart to post all of those pictures. I owe you!

No worries! :blossom:

Woooo! It sounds like it will be all springy-summery on your head! WTG! Especially with the freebie little night owl! :popcorn:

Thank you both. I wonder if I would be able to use a medium or large for half ups, a xl for a bun, and then have the option of upgrading to a mega?

I guess I'll just have to wait it out until I can actually do buns with my thickness.

Yep, you could! Just check out other member pics on this thread (chen bao jun (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/search.php?searchid=2203664) has similar hair--3c c iii--and even made a few of her own 8s), and action shots when you click on the specific clips on the Lilla Rose site (many textures and thicknesses there, including dreads (https://shop.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartv3/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=21942&CatalogueID=211&PartyID=0&PartyGuestID=0&InternalUse=1&ProductGroupString=109.110&ReferringDealerID=829991)).

Henrietta
June 7th, 2017, 03:18 AM
Until now, I thought that the leather Flexis are smaller than the metal ones, and that if I wanted one, I should go for a mega, since go for XL in metals. But I see it's the other way around! :bigeyes:

Crystawni
June 7th, 2017, 04:21 AM
They are a size up when putting them on top of one another for comparison, but fit more snuggly due to the circular thickness of the leather. The volume of hair they can handle can also depend on the circumference/thickness of the stick used with them as well.

Here's my comparison when I first got the leather 8s last year (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=3338239&viewfull=1#post3338239):

:scissors: A size medium over the small leather 8, and size mega over the XL leather 8.
Below that are 2 small flexis as viewed from above; the leather one with a Maple Burl stick. Neither give me any wriggle room in a ponytail.

https://i.imgur.com/jpO5HZ4.jpg

And the small 8s with acrylic sticks (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=3370069&viewfull=1#post3370069):

https://i.imgur.com/i1lKZ14.jpg

Borgessa
June 7th, 2017, 04:43 AM
They are a size up when putting them on top of one another for comparison, but fit more snuggly due to the circular thickness of the leather. The volume of hair they can handle can also depend on the circumference/thickness of the stick used with them as well.

What a wonderful collection and great storage idea's, I had to just pop in to say I love your hair, specially when braided, that blonde streak that weaves in and out.. Can't help it, always makes me smile when i see it on the forums here.

Crystawni
June 7th, 2017, 04:57 AM
:o Thank you so much, Borgessa! :flowers:

eadwine
June 7th, 2017, 06:17 AM
Be careful with those leather ones, they are indeed a size up, but they didn't fit me AT all while I am already very well capable to actually wear a size up.

So I'd get those a size smaller. I call them the flexi fluke to be honest. A medium should be just that, a medium like all the mediums, and not something a size up that they say it will fit, because for me it won't. I was quite miffed at the time. Got my exchange for something different and all that, but still.

Crystawni
June 7th, 2017, 06:37 AM
Yeah, it's made me leery of getting the other kinds of leather ones due to the size differences. It would be helpful if they noted the actual measurements of each kind at least.

eadwine
June 7th, 2017, 07:47 AM
Exactly.. then we could cross check.

When I told them about it back when they were adamant.. nooo this IS an M, the size is right.

Yeah.. my nose that it was an M. I was insulted that they would not trust my sizing info. I have over 50 of the things in size M, trust me when I say it is not an M :lol:

I have posted pictures way back when with an actual M next to it and an L. The leather one was IIRC larger than the L.

Ah well.. just something to be careful with in any case.

Henrietta
June 7th, 2017, 10:14 AM
The black leather one looks fabulous with a black acrylic stick!

But with all the sizing mess, I'wont be buying a leather one. I understood all you ladies said, I have the comparisons and relations in my head, but I still don't want to risk.
All I can do is wait for new FOTMs. :meditate:
And for custom orders, people, please. I really want to give you my money. Just make custom orders available, like they were on the old site.

Theobroma
June 7th, 2017, 01:01 PM
Just a note that the sizing anomaly of the leather 8's doesn't carry over to the braided 8's. I have two of those in XL and they're the same size as regular XL Flexis. (But feather-light by comparison.)

And I'm with Henrietta. I've been waiting for years for custom orders to return. Come on Lilla Rose, why make it so hard for us to give you our money??

Suze
June 7th, 2017, 01:39 PM
Look what I found in my mailbox! Yay! I aslo liked the packaging! :o
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/5493/PveYa8.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/6162/OCjvui.jpg

I will make some actionshots soon! I think I nééd a second set of these! :agree:

two_wheels
June 7th, 2017, 01:45 PM
Pretty, Suze!

Eadwine, do the Dutch say "my nose"? Because I think the French say "my eye"... and the English say something less LHC-friendly :lol:

eadwine
June 7th, 2017, 11:39 PM
Just a note that the sizing anomaly of the leather 8's doesn't carry over to the braided 8's. I have two of those in XL and they're the same size as regular XL Flexis. (But feather-light by comparison.)

Actually it does carry over. The M is the size L. However they are more easily wearable as the material stretches less.

Here is a picture. Left M, middle M, right L.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/braid_2.jpg

Suze
June 8th, 2017, 06:14 AM
Look what I found in my mailbox! Yay! I aslo liked the packaging! :o
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/5493/PveYa8.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img922/6162/OCjvui.jpg

I will make some actionshots soon! I think I nééd a second set of these! :agree:

And these cute little flowers in action! I really love the U-pins! I have Winter Wonder and Elegance on their way to me and am thinking about buying some others too. I think I need help! :lol:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/3121/rvlFjU.jpg

Starrydandelion
June 8th, 2017, 10:00 AM
Suze, those flower pins are indeed very cute! And they look perfect in your hair. They instantly add a more romantic/pretty vibe to your bun and that accent twist (I don't know what to call it, hehe) is a nice little touch as well (it's great that the silver of the pins match your silver piercings too). :cloud9:
I hope you don't mind me asking, but since your country is part of EU as well, how do you deal with the handling fees? I bought my Flexi 8's last year and got a "nice" big bill because of the handling fee and taxes. It could just be my country's posting service that charges 24 dollars for anything over 12 dollars outside of EU. :shrug:

eadwine
June 8th, 2017, 10:14 AM
Over here anything ordered outside the EU that is over 22 euros value gets charged 13 euros handling fees, and then 21% of the value of the order added on top of that.

I simply place multiple orders which stay on or just below 22. Shipping is only $4, and I'd rather pay three times that $4 than risk the total of the order to get taxed according to the above. I am cheaper off this way.

EVERY now and then I take a risk by getting something that is over 22 euros. I have yet to get a flexi that is taxed though.

Starrydandelion
June 8th, 2017, 11:35 AM
eadwine, thank you for your answer! :) I see, that's good to hear.

ETA: Unnecessary comments.

Theobroma
June 8th, 2017, 12:00 PM
Actually it does carry over. The M is the size L. However they are more easily wearable as the material stretches less.

Here is a picture. Left M, middle M, right L.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/braid_2.jpg

Seriously?! :O

Wow, is that the general rule with the smaller sizes? As I said, both my XL braided 8's are exactly the size I'd have expected them to be. But I've never bought any other sizes, so I can't speak to those.

Suze
June 8th, 2017, 01:42 PM
Suze, those flower pins are indeed very cute! And they look perfect in your hair. They instantly add a more romantic/pretty vibe to your bun and that accent twist (I don't know what to call it, hehe) is a nice little touch as well (it's great that the silver of the pins match your silver piercings too). :cloud9:
I hope you don't mind me asking, but since your country is part of EU as well, how do you deal with the handling fees? I bought my Flexi 8's last year and got a "nice" big bill because of the handling fee and taxes. It could just be my country's posting service that charges 24 dollars for anything over 12 dollars outside of EU. :shrug:

Thank you!! :flowers: I love that U-Pins instantly upgrade your updo. They are very comfortable too. I ordered another set of them just now and a Sable bobby pin because I was so curious about those.

Wow, I thought our limit was low at 25 dollars! That really sucks! If you ever order again it might be worth it to place a bigger order so that you will get a free item....but you would still pay a lot!!! :(

Like Eadwine said, for us it is best to just place small orders and pay the 4 bucks for shipping everytime.

unheardletters
June 8th, 2017, 03:06 PM
For me it is more worth while to place a big order, because I have to pay huge custom fees with every order so I may as well only pay one handling fee for one bigger order instead of several for smaller orders. It means I miss most of the FOTM's so I have to really weigh how much I really want it.

Starrydandelion
June 9th, 2017, 05:50 AM
Suze and unheardletters, thanks for your answers!

ETA: Unnecessary comments.

KellieKay
June 9th, 2017, 12:07 PM
[QUOTE=Starrydandelion I already have six flexis anyways, but I got all of them in large and they are the wrong size. My own fault. They are slightly too large for a ponytail (which is not a hairstyle I usually do) and waaaay too small for a bun. [/QUOTE]

My flexis are to large to hold my ponytail too. I have found that if I make a ponytail with a covered elastic and put the flexi around the elastic it will hold.

unheardletters
June 9th, 2017, 12:13 PM
My flexis are to large to hold my ponytail too. I have found that if I make a ponytail with a covered elastic and put the flexi around the elastic it will hold.

Or you can wrap an elastic hair tie around the pin.

Groovy Granny
June 9th, 2017, 01:07 PM
I already have six flexis anyways, but I got all of them in large and they are the wrong size. My own fault. They are slightly too large for a ponytail (which is not a hairstyle I usually do) and waaaay too small for a bun.

Or you can wrap an elastic hair tie around the pin.

I use both these hair tie methods for large/slippery flexis, and also for other hair slides.

Also....any size flexi can be used for larger buns; I either do a center held bun, LWB ponytail, or secure the bun with pins and use it for decoration.
My cinnamon buns actually hold better if I start securing it at the 2nd ring in; that gives you more hold if the flexi is too small as well.

Starrydandelion
June 9th, 2017, 02:57 PM
Thanks a lot for the suggestions. :) I thought about using a hair stick and then have a Flexi as decoration, but I always end up inserting the Flexi so it's wonky and not straight. I'm not sure how much I like the look on myself, but my clear acrylic looks alright with a Flexi. Groovy Granny, I'm not quite sure I get what you mean. There is not way I can fit my large Flexis into a bun like the nautilus or disc bun and my cinnamon buns always end up stacked on top of each other instead of the rings creating more outer rings. >.<

Groovy Granny
June 9th, 2017, 03:43 PM
Thanks a lot for the suggestions. :) I thought about using a hair stick and then have a Flexi as decoration, but I always end up inserting the Flexi so it's wonky and not straight. I'm not sure how much I like the look on myself, but my clear acrylic looks alright with a Flexi. Groovy Granny, I'm not quite sure I get what you mean. There is not way I can fit my large Flexis into a bun like the nautilus or disc bun and my cinnamon buns always end up stacked on top of each other instead of the rings creating more outer rings. >.<

It takes trial and error to get more use out of hair toys; different hair types/lengths may not be able to manage it.
It was just a suggestion. YMMV :wink:

For cinnamon buns to lay flat, it needs to be pinned as it is coiled and held flat with one hand.

Starrydandelion
June 9th, 2017, 03:56 PM
Groovy Granny, hehe, I am very grateful for your suggestion, I didn't mean to come off in a rude way. :flowers: I really, really wish my hair would agree with a large Flexi, but it just doesn't compress enough. Ahh, thank you, then it makes sense! I thought I was just stupid. I don't have any pins as I'm unsure of which ones to get/store and sizes so I'm just letting my hair sticks do all the work for now. ^_^

Groovy Granny
June 9th, 2017, 10:34 PM
Groovy Granny, hehe, I am very grateful for your suggestion, I didn't mean to come off in a rude way. :flowers: I really, really wish my hair would agree with a large Flexi, but it just doesn't compress enough. Ahh, thank you, then it makes sense! I thought I was just stupid. I don't have any pins as I'm unsure of which ones to get/store and sizes so I'm just letting my hair sticks do all the work for now. ^_^

You're welcome ~ I didn't think you were rude at all :)

I am just now seeing that you have a lot of hair...and coarse to boot; totally opposite of mine...feast or famine :lol:

My hair is fine and has a lot of slip, so I must do tricks to keep some flexis and even ficcares in place :wink:
Until now I have used spin pins and they work great, but can get in the way of some hair toys!

Prior to that I tried some U pins that my hair spit out as soon as I put them in :p

Now I have crinkled Amish pins on the way; after seeing a video, I realized I was inserting the u pins wrong :doh:
A new technique and style will help a lot I expect.

Everyone's hair is so unique; my hair is not as long as others because of my short torso, and now I was told I have lost almost .5" with age and osteoporosis :thud:
Some styles I may never get to do with a shrinking spine and arthritis...but I still have fun :shrug:

Good luck :cheer:

*Seraphina*
June 10th, 2017, 01:41 AM
I ordered a lot of (hair)stuff the past ten years, always above 22 dollar and I never had to pay extra fees or taxes.
*knock on wood*
So I always take the risk and see what happens. If I have to pay it this time then I'm okay with that.

Starrydandelion
June 10th, 2017, 05:13 AM
Groovy Granny, hehe, I always find it interesting when people write that their hair is slippery and hair toys will slip out of their hair as that never happens with my coarse hair. :p I hear you about the short torso! I'm quite short to boot and as such, I'm very aware of the fact that other people who are at the same body marker as me but taller means that they have longer hair than me. :) And ouch about the osteoporosis.

*Seraphina*, I'm happy it worked out that way for you! :) Everything I buy gets charged. Originally, I thought they would only randomly check packages and that I could take the risk.. no, a couple of packages with heavy fees charged later.. I know I cannot get away with it.

Starrydandelion
June 10th, 2017, 05:17 AM
With all my hijacking this thread about extra charges, let me just post a picture of my small Flexi collection. I got them all last year during a sale and all of them are large ones as stated earlier :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27602&d=1497093518

ETA: Made the photo bigger as I realized it was too small.

*Seraphina*
June 10th, 2017, 08:13 AM
Beautiful collection Starry!

Starrydandelion
June 10th, 2017, 12:03 PM
Thank you, *Seraphina*! :flower: Maybe one day I'll get some use out of these pretties.. for now, it's my hair sticks that do all the work!

Groovy Granny
June 10th, 2017, 01:00 PM
Groovy Granny, hehe, I always find it interesting when people write that their hair is slippery and hair toys will slip out of their hair as that never happens with my coarse hair. :p I hear you about the short torso! I'm quite short to boot and as such, I'm very aware of the fact that other people who are at the same body marker as me but taller means that they have longer hair than me. :) And ouch about the osteoporosis.

*Seraphina*, I'm happy it worked out that way for you! :) Everything I buy gets charged. Originally, I thought they would only randomly check packages and that I could take the risk.. no, a couple of packages with heavy fees charged later.. I know I cannot get away with it.

With all my hijacking this thread about extra charges, let me just post a picture of my small Flexi collection. I got them all last year during a sale and all of them are large ones as stated earlier :)

ETA: Made the photo bigger as I realized it was too small.

LOL ....so many pros and cons for every hair type :lol:

Yeah that's why I don't bother with numbers, except to guestimate how long it will take me to reach a landmark :wink:

In a hair line up....I'd look like a shortie for sure (hair and body) :flower:

Thanks...I do have my fair share of aches and pains from head to toe, but I can move on my own....so I am good :thumbsup:

What a pretty collection you have :love:

PixieP
June 10th, 2017, 02:37 PM

Here's my comparison when I first got the leather 8s last year (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=3338239&viewfull=1#post3338239):

:scissors: A size medium over the small leather 8, and size mega over the XL leather 8.
Below that are 2 small flexis as viewed from above; the leather one with a Maple Burl stick. Neither give me any wriggle room in a ponytail.

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o722/Weighting/Hair%20Toys/Comps%20med.sm%20mega.xl%20and%20smalls_zpswe8rx4d q.jpg

And the small 8s with acrylic sticks (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=3370069&viewfull=1#post3370069):

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o722/Weighting/Hair%20Toys/Flexi%20spikes_zps75gyzvz5.jpg

Where is that acrylic from Crystawni? I love the shape and pattern :inlove:

ETA: D'oh >.< checked the link now, haha!

Starrydandelion
June 10th, 2017, 02:54 PM
LOL ....so many pros and cons for every hair type :lol:

Yeah that's why I don't bother with numbers, except to guestimate how long it will take me to reach a landmark :wink:

In a hair line up....I'd look like a shortie for sure (hair and body) :flower:

Thanks...I do have my fair share of aches and pains from head to toe, but I can move on my own....so I am good :thumbsup:

What a pretty collection you have :love:

Indeed! It's crazy and amazing how different each head of hair is!

I'm honestly just too lazy to measure, hahaha. When I first lurked on the forums, I was a bit surprised to read that people measured their hair and that some even got a bit too obsessive with the measuring and had to stop themselves. I understand why you could get caught up with the measuring, but I'm happy with not measuring my hair; each to their own as always. :)

Aww, I would be the same! But as long as we are happy with our hair and body/height, everything is good. :flowers: (I still need to work on the hair appreciating, but hopefully my beautiful hair toys can help).

Oh goodness, poor you. ;_; Yes, that's true!

Thank youuu, it might not be everyone's taste, but it's mine! :)

Groovy Granny
June 10th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Indeed! It's crazy and amazing how different each head of hair is!

I'm honestly just too lazy to measure, hahaha. When I first lurked on the forums, I was a bit surprised to read that people measured their hair and that some even got a bit too obsessive with the measuring and had to stop themselves. I understand why you could get caught up with the measuring, but I'm happy with not measuring my hair; each to their own as always. :)

Aww, I would be the same! But as long as we are happy with our hair and body/height, everything is good. :flowers: (I still need to work on the hair appreciating, but hopefully my beautiful hair toys can help).

Oh goodness, poor you. ;_; Yes, that's true!

Thank youuu, it might not be everyone's taste, but it's mine! :)

Thanks...I am fine (((hugs)))

My apologies with derailing the thread...I digress at my age :o

Back to topic...:couch:

That is a great collection Crystawni :love:

Suze
June 11th, 2017, 07:14 AM
I have another picture to share:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img924/9565/D6W83G.jpg

I combined my Ficcare Clip with the U-pins. I actually bought the clip with this in mind. :o

eadwine
June 13th, 2017, 09:15 AM
Finally here!

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/sunmoon.jpg

Henrietta
June 13th, 2017, 10:55 AM
eadwine, wow, the centrepiece is huge! It didn't look so big in the official pictures. Nice surprise! :)

eadwine
June 13th, 2017, 11:22 AM
This is the medium size by the way, for size reference :)

Borgessa
June 14th, 2017, 12:26 AM
This is the medium size by the way, for size reference :)

It looks lovely on you, this is the one i would have chosen if i was to choose any of this months :) That centerpiece is very big.

*Seraphina*
June 14th, 2017, 02:28 AM
That looks very beautiful Suze and Eadwine!

I hope my flexis get here soon too!

Suze
June 14th, 2017, 09:23 AM
That looks very beautiful Suze and Eadwine!

I hope my flexis get here soon too!

Thank you *Seraphina*, yes I hope your flexi's will get to you soon!

eadwine
June 14th, 2017, 09:43 AM
Thanks *Seraphina* and Borgessa :)

Suze
June 15th, 2017, 07:38 AM
Picture time:
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/338/pVzwX2.jpg
https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/3489/MG64xe.jpg

And my Lilla Rose collection so far:

https://imagizer.imageshack.com/img923/8682/pnWQ4o.jpg

MidnightMoon
June 16th, 2017, 07:54 AM
Well I just received this email "Early July Releases + SALE!"
Apparently the new flexi isn't doing that well, and they want enough people to be ready for July 4th? :p

eadwine
June 16th, 2017, 08:17 AM
I think just the last bit, 4th of July ;)

I am going to pass this time.

Aredhel
June 16th, 2017, 09:11 AM
Well I just received this email "Early July Releases + SALE!"
Apparently the new flexi isn't doing that well, and they want enough people to be ready for July 4th? :p

Well maybe if they re-released May's FOM they'd have more luck making sales... just a thought.:hmm: *still salty over the quick sellout*:p

MidnightMoon
June 16th, 2017, 09:26 AM
Well, tje FOTM is on a 10% discount too, that's what has made me guess it might no me selling as well as others have.

And I agree, Aredhel, that was sort of lame from them. Now it's an exclusive item... they'd be better off re-releasing it.

Aredhel
June 16th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Well, tje FOTM is on a 10% discount too, that's what has made me guess it might no me selling as well as others have.

And I agree, Aredhel, that was sort of lame from them. Now it's an exclusive item... they'd be better off re-releasing it.

Yup! I mean they could re-release it with the flowers in a different colour or something even if they want to keep that exact design exclusive...

unheardletters
June 16th, 2017, 11:36 AM
This sale couldn't have come at a more perfect time. I use an XL for a center held buns, like the lazy wrap bun, but it is too small suddenly as it is popping undone constantly when they've never done that before, and it's a struggle to get it in. I need some more mega sized because I only have one. It looks a bit big to me, but it is holding perfectly all day so far.

MidnightMoon
June 16th, 2017, 01:12 PM
xD I just realised how many typos that previous message had :lol:
sorry folks, not only am I the queen of typos, but also the queen of posting while sleepy or distracted
today I replied to a question about conditioner with how much I would love to have an air conditioner to turn on...yeah

Aredhel
June 16th, 2017, 02:22 PM
xD I just realised how many typos that previous message had :lol:
sorry folks, not only am I the queen of typos, but also the queen of posting while sleepy or distracted
today I replied to a question about conditioner with how much I would love to have an air conditioner to turn on...yeah
Amazing.:lol: But relatable!

MidnightMoon
June 16th, 2017, 03:50 PM
Amazing.:lol: But relatable!

xD no joke, it's still right there on the main forum
I've given up on typing without them

Theobroma
June 17th, 2017, 03:20 AM
I think just the last bit, 4th of July ;)

I am going to pass this time.

Me too. As silver clips with blingy starburst centres go, North Star was much more my thing.

Theobroma
June 17th, 2017, 03:21 AM
Yup! I mean they could re-release it with the flowers in a different colour or something even if they want to keep that exact design exclusive...

It'll probably return on Black Friday, I should think. That seems to be the way of it most years.

eadwine
June 17th, 2017, 04:16 AM
Me too. As silver clips with blingy starburst centres go, North Star was much more my thing.

Indeed.. when I put this one next to the North Star.. this is... what would you call that.. clunky?

two_wheels
June 17th, 2017, 08:09 AM
I too am pretty bored by the July offering. But I can't have a new one every month so that's ok!

Henrietta
June 18th, 2017, 11:51 AM
My money stays in my wallet this month, again.

Borgessa
June 19th, 2017, 01:42 AM
I'm looking forward to next month's offering myself.

eadwine
June 19th, 2017, 04:32 AM
Me too.. I hope I will like that one better :)

cm006j
June 19th, 2017, 02:08 PM
My first Flexi-8s ever are on their way to me now!

I decided I really *need* them because my one-year-old has been pulling hair sticks out of my buns. Also, I sometimes poke him with them when I'm picking him up!

Borgessa
June 19th, 2017, 05:45 PM

I decided I really *need* them because my one-year-old has been pulling hair sticks out of my buns. Also, I sometimes poke him with them when I'm picking him up!

Oh oh another addict in the making, your gonna LOVE them :)

cm006j
June 20th, 2017, 06:48 AM
Oh oh another addict in the making, your gonna LOVE them :)

I'm realizing that I think every single style I know can be done with flexis instead. I never realized how versatile they are. (I did realize how pretty they are!)

Borgessa
June 20th, 2017, 05:04 PM
July's flexi's are out, and I'm so disappointed... I'm not from the U.S.A so i'm not really interested in the American 4th of July stuff. I know I should have expected it, but some how I wasn't, since ya know its not a holiday I even think about lol.. After last months not being interested I was sooo looking forward to this months.. SHOULD have known better.. awwwwwww

Aredhel
June 20th, 2017, 05:10 PM
Yeah, I'm not American either so the July flexis definitely aren't for me.:( Bummer!

Borgessa
June 20th, 2017, 05:21 PM
Yeah, I'm not American either so the July flexis definitely aren't for me.:( Bummer!

You would think with international customers, and I'm sure there are thousands of us, that, something more neutral would be there. I am not against the 4th of July stuff. I'm sure its an American company and I don't begrudge them celebrating the holiday. But at least throw us a bone and release something that is neutral that everyone will enjoy no matter. My consultant just pointed out the fireworks one that is just silver. Its not to my taste at all, it is still designed with the 4th of July in mind.

two_wheels
June 20th, 2017, 05:29 PM
They do it every year.

Borgessa
June 20th, 2017, 05:32 PM
They do it every year.

I only just started buying them few months ago.. Just wasn't expecting it, though I'm not sure why. Mind you didn't expect to there be nothing for anyone else.

two_wheels
June 20th, 2017, 05:35 PM
I only just started buying them few months ago.. Just wasn't expecting it, though I'm not sure why. Mind you didn't expect to there be nothing for anyone else.
Yeah, I was bummed about it too. But like you say, they're American, it's up to them if they want to celebrate ... and personally, as a Brit it's probably right that they exclude me from that particular celebration!

Borgessa
June 20th, 2017, 05:41 PM
Yeah, I was bummed about it too. But like you say, they're American, it's up to them if they want to celebrate ... and personally, as a Brit it's probably right that they exclude me from that particular celebration!

That made me giggle.
Well look at it this way, when you buying a bit of Lillarose, you helping pay that tax bill haha :)

Hele
June 20th, 2017, 05:46 PM
history via LHC!

i've never in my years of flexi buying bought a July flexi! However i'm waaaaaaay excited over this Holly i bought off the swap board, no f's given that it's the wrong time of year! :D

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab76/heletwo/hair%20things/20170620_144206_resized%20487x640_zpsd4kjmz1e.jpg

Borgessa
June 20th, 2017, 05:49 PM
history via LHC!

i've never in my years of flexi buying bought a July flexi! However i'm waaaaaaay excited over this Holly i bought off the swap board, no f's given that it's the wrong time of year! :D

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab76/heletwo/hair%20things/20170620_144206_resized%20487x640_zpsd4kjmz1e.jpg

It looks beautiful :)

eadwine
June 21st, 2017, 12:26 AM
The holly is lovely!! I have that one myself and have worn it not around Xmas as well *grin*

MidnightMoon
June 21st, 2017, 01:50 AM
If they were "American" they would have quite a few flexis in there :lol:
I also agree they could release another design at the same time. It's their right to be all patriotic or whatever, but I just don't think it's the best move? I mean... I personally find it a bit tacky to walk around wearing stuff that's clearly related to it. Even more obvious if it's a flag. Maybe it's a cultural thing? Because I wouldn't even wear my own flag... I'm not a walking political propaganda, I didn't choose where I was born, I have 0 merit regarding that... so why be "proud" of that. I'm rather pissed at all the hate this whole separation creates...
Anyway, I'll be patiently waiting for my good old spiders and pumpkins :crush:

Borgessa
June 21st, 2017, 02:57 AM
I don't mind the patriotism, I get it, I do think there should have been something else for us non Americans. There is no way, i'm going to spend money or wear, another countries Independence day Jewels, hair toys or anything.. If I ever was to wear a national flag, it would be of my own country, and yeah, not really my thing anyway.

Henrietta
June 21st, 2017, 04:33 AM
Hele, high five! I'm planning to make a "28 days with Flexis" challenge on my head (that's how many I have), and I wonder how I will wear the Snowflake with a straight face in the heat wave that has come :D

two_wheels, you made me giggle :D

Aredhel
June 21st, 2017, 05:07 AM
Hele, high five! I'm planning to make a "28 days with Flexis" challenge on my head (that's how many I have), and I wonder how I will wear the Snowflake with a straight face in the heat wave that has come :D

Some may appreciate the irony LOL, I know I would.:lol:

eadwine
June 21st, 2017, 06:00 AM

Just do it! Hehe.. just did the same challenge myself a while ago, took a wee longer, but it's fun!

Theobroma
June 21st, 2017, 06:26 AM

two_wheels, you made me giggle :D

It can be done. The heat wave has reached us as well and today I'm rocking a 7" Lady Idun icicle! :D

lapushka
June 21st, 2017, 07:28 AM
Finally here!

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/sunmoon.jpg

That's a special one. I like it. :D I like blue. :D

eadwine
June 21st, 2017, 08:15 AM
Same here! I think most the flexis I have are blue.

unheardletters
June 21st, 2017, 08:51 AM

I started wearing flexi clips for the same reason. I have a 3 year old, 19 month old and a 7 month old. They all go after my hair constantly. They do pull the flexi clips out, but it is not as easy to pull out as a hair stick so it is much easier to stop them as long as I don't have to deal with two or three of them grabbing at the same time.

Henrietta
June 21st, 2017, 11:21 AM
It can be done. The heat wave has reached us as well and today I'm rocking a 7" Lady Idun icicle! :D

I laughed when I read the word "icicle," that's how hot it is here :D Anything related to coolness is unimaginable :D

Hele
June 21st, 2017, 01:48 PM

i always wear wintry things in the summer, my snowflake Timberstones and LI icicle deserve year round love! I even change my shower curtain to a snowflake one around this time every year. Fall and winter are my favorite seasons, and summer my least. :p

and thank you Borgessa and eadwine, summer Xmas flexi for the win!

duchess67
June 23rd, 2017, 07:47 AM
Anyone here looking to sell their mini flexi's or xs flexi's? Nothing with dangles or too much bling.

Please let me know only if you are willing to let it go for a lesser price than listed on Lila Rose website :D

Thanks.

cm006j
June 23rd, 2017, 06:11 PM

Cool challenge idea! I love a challenge :)

My first flexi-8s ever came yesterday! I love them already

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4207/35363249361_4036676863_z.jpg

Borgessa
June 23rd, 2017, 08:55 PM
Cool challenge idea! I love a challenge :)

My first flexi-8s ever came yesterday! I love them already

https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4207/35363249361_4036676863_z.jpg

Oh nice, congrats, now for some action shots..

cm006j
June 24th, 2017, 04:53 PM
Absolutely!

Here's the mega in a disc bun. This has been in for over 12 hours and through a road trip!
https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4215/35512536715_12f3419429_z.jpg

languagenut
June 25th, 2017, 08:50 PM
I'm American, but I don't think I would wear a patriotic hair clip very often, and I agree that it would be better to have something non-America-specific as well, for international customers and those of us who aren't very much into patriotic accessories.

Borgessa
June 26th, 2017, 03:59 AM
I'm American, but I don't think I would wear a patriotic hair clip very often, and I agree that it would be better to have something non-America-specific as well, for international customers and those of us who aren't very much into patriotic accessories.

Yeah even if I could, I'm not sure that I would :) Oh well hopefully next month there will be something I like.. 2 Months is a bit of a dry spell.. But on the plus side, it has allowed me to crack open my wallet for another hairstick my most expensive one yet. OUCHIE.. So maybe its not all bad eh?

Henrietta
June 26th, 2017, 12:40 PM
Yeah even if I could, I'm not sure that I would :) Oh well hopefully next month there will be something I like.. 2 Months is a bit of a dry spell.. But on the plus side, it has allowed me to crack open my wallet for another hairstick my most expensive one yet. OUCHIE.. So maybe its not all bad eh?

I haven't bought a Flexi since February, and I must say it's not so bad! :D

Theobroma
June 27th, 2017, 03:50 AM
I haven't bought a Flexi since February, and I must say it's not so bad! :D

Hmm, turns out I haven't bought one since late January. Nothing has tempted me since then and with returns now being such a hassle I've become a lot more hesitant to order anything in any case.

KellieKay
June 30th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Does anyone use the lillarose bobbie pins? I bought some but they are so tough. When I take them out I lose hair. I was wondering if anyone has any tips. I did search but didn't find anything.

Suze
June 30th, 2017, 10:09 AM
I bought one but there is no way I can use them without damaging my hair. There are YouTube vids on how to use them though.

KellieKay
June 30th, 2017, 10:33 AM
Thanks I will look at those. I suppose I could put them in a braid like a stick. I wish I didn't buy them. Maybe I will come up with a use for them

I watched some of the videos. I still can't manage them. It doesn't matter how pretty they are if you can't use them.

Theobroma
June 30th, 2017, 02:38 PM
I can use them, but I do have to be very careful or they'll take some hair with them when they come out.

Mind you, I find that that holds true for all bobby pins, not just the LR ones, which is why I generally steer clear of bobbies as a matter of principle.

Henrietta
June 30th, 2017, 03:03 PM
I can use them, but I do have to be very careful or they'll take some hair with them when they come out.

Mind you, I find that that holds true for all bobby pins, not just the LR ones, which is why I generally steer clear of bobbies as a matter of principle.

I haven't used LR bobby pins, I have two other sets. Pins from one set always rip a few hairs whenI take them out. The other ones – never. And they still hold well! So it's possible to make pins that are easy to remove and still hold.

jennareid
June 30th, 2017, 03:53 PM
Can you loosen them by wedging them open on something for a few days? I find that those kinds of grips loosen over time/with use, so over-opening them on a thick piece of cardboard or plastic might help.

KellieKay
June 30th, 2017, 06:26 PM
Can you loosen them by wedging them open on something for a few days? I find that those kinds of grips loosen over time/with use, so over-opening them on a thick piece of cardboard or plastic might help.

I will try this. Thanks!

KellieKay
June 30th, 2017, 06:29 PM
And they still hold well! So it's possible to make pins that are easy to remove and still hold.

Exactly! I don't know why they make them so tough.

KellieKay
June 30th, 2017, 07:56 PM
I pulled the pins open enough to stretch them out a bit so now I can use them and take them out without pulling my hair out.

meteor
July 3rd, 2017, 08:53 PM
Hey, guys! I hope it's OK to ask a quick sizing question here. :flower: Do you think, judging by this photo here (http://imgur.com/9HgaU6U), this clip is XL (extra-large) or XXL (mega)? I was told that it's XL, but when I read description on the LillaRose site (https://www.lillarose.biz/hautehairklips/flexi-sizing-and-styling.html?id=9F6csDzE), it almost looks like it might be in-between? I can't exactly tell if LillaRose sizing instructions are for the whole pin or the usable part of the pin (with infinity/8 part)... Just curious to understand their sizing better. :) Also, if anybody happens to know the name of the style of this flexi, I'd be super-curious to know, too! :D Thank you very much for your help! :D

Borgessa
July 3rd, 2017, 11:23 PM
Hey, guys! I hope it's OK to ask a quick sizing question here. :flower: Do you think, judging by this photo here (http://imgur.com/9HgaU6U), this clip is XL (extra-large) or XXL (mega)? I was told that it's XL, but when I read description on the LillaRose site (https://www.lillarose.biz/hautehairklips/flexi-sizing-and-styling.html?id=9F6csDzE), it almost looks like it might be in-between? I can't exactly tell if LillaRose sizing instructions are for the whole pin or the usable part of the pin (with infinity/8 part)... Just curious to understand their sizing better. :) Also, if anybody happens to know the name of the style of this flexi, I'd be super-curious to know, too! :D Thank you very much for your help! :D

Is the sizing not written on the little silver pin part? Mine usually is. Most of mine say M for medium.. I dunno how long they been doing that.

Matcha
July 4th, 2017, 01:14 AM
Your flexi seems to be a "Roman Stone", I've got one in L. And as Borgessa said, the size should be right at the end of the silver pin part. :)

Crystawni
July 4th, 2017, 01:21 AM

XXL, going by the pin (and my own XXL). I'm not sure of the name, though. :( XLs have shorter pins than that, and if you went by the 8 sizing, you'd be stuffed as they change them like the wind. Plus you can squish the 8 part to customise fit, so they're never a uniform measurement like the pin.

Speaking of my one and only big bubba, I added a wise little fella to my XXL/mega the other day.

http://i.imgur.com/tknY9y0.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/Ylyv0ff.jpg

Henrietta
July 4th, 2017, 07:59 AM

As Matcha says, it's Roman Stone. There was a time when it was called Lite Sapphire. But under these two names, it has always been the same clip :)
And it's a mega size I'd say, with 95% of certainty. I measured mine which is XL and it's smaller than yours. The second reason: beading. Mine has 3 beads in each quarter: 2 round ones and 1 smaller one, shaped like a pyramid. Yours has 4 round beads. The same pattern is present in Sable (https://shop.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartv3/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=20020&CatalogueID=211&PartyID=0&PartyGuestID=0&InternalUse=1&ProductGroupString=109.110&ReferringDealerID=824930) and a few other clips. XXL has more beads and they are round, XL has fewer and one of them in each quarter is a pyramid.

Ladies, I have huge, huge request. At the end o 2015/beginning of 2016 Lilla Rose told me that they were working on a custom order system that would be easy to use for us and for them. So they have been doing something, it's not like they say "no, never" or "yeah, maybe, we'll see". It's been an open and ongoing project.
But it's been a while and there's nothing still, though there was the Facebook contest where you could win a custom order. I hope they saw how many people were interested and drew conclusions...
I've messaged my consultant some time ago about custom designs and mentioned the message I got from the headquarters in winter 2015/2016. She said she would ask headquarters and she did but they never responded to her. So now I asked again and she says she will, in turn, ask them again.
Could you please, if you have a spare second, message your consultants about it too? I think that when LR sees that people are interested, they will introduce the possibility of custom designs finally. We've been waiting so long...

Aredhel
July 4th, 2017, 08:05 AM
Okay so I've been wondering for a good while - would someone be able to explain this whole consultant thing to me please? I have not been able to figure it out.:o

Henrietta
July 4th, 2017, 08:25 AM
Oh... That's a tough topic for me because I struggled at the beginning. A few years ago there were 2 websites. Lilla Rose, which had more designs but shipped only to US (and maybe Canada or Mexico?) and Flexi8 which shipped internationally. Then the 2 websites merged and now it's only LR. And on LR, you need to have a consultant. Or you had to, maybe now you don't? I was setting up an account a few years ago and it was impossible to order a clip unless you had a consultant. You just had to choose a person from their list (I typed in a popular name like Anna or Elizabeth and when the website gave me a choice of a few people, I chose at random). I had no contact with my first consultant whatsoever. Then on Facebook I came across a lady who was active on the official LR fan page and had her own Facebook page, so I switched to her, because I was able to contact her whenever I needed something, like a question answered. Then she stopped being active, maybe she focused on some other job, and I changed the consultant again. Again, I chose a person who was helpful and active on the official LR website.
With most orders, I'd say you don't even have a contact with your consultant. You go to the LR website which is in fact a sub-website belonging to the consultant. It looks the same, it just has their custom banner at the top and it says "You're shopping with XX" in the top right corner. The consultant gets a commission when you buy through their website. LR is basically a direct selling company. They were featured in this article on Womans Day (http://www.womansday.com/life/work-money/tips/a5495/best-direct-sales-companies/) as one of the 8 best ones.

Goodness. It must be possible to say all that in 2-3 sentences. I am unable to. Sorry :D Basically, they are a direct selling company. When you buy a clip online, you buy indirectly from them, directly from a consultant. When I was going through my registration and first purchase from LR a few years ago, it was impossible to buy without a consultant, I had to credit someone during the checkout process. Maybe it's different now? But even if you don't need to have one, it's good to have a consultant. They sometimes have clips in sizes that are sold out on the website. If they don't happen to have one, they have friends who might. When Crimson Joy was FOTM and XL was officially sold out, I still managed to get one though my consultant. Either she had one or she messaged another consultant who had, I don't remember.
Plus, you get sweet "thank you" messages in your envelopes sometimes :crush:

unheardletters
July 4th, 2017, 08:34 AM
Oh... That's a tough topic for me because I struggled at the beginning. A few years ago there were 2 websites. Lilla Rose, which had more designs but shipped only to US (and maybe Canada or Mexico?) and Flexi8 which shipped internationally. Then the 2 websites merged and now it's only LR. And on LR, you need to have a consultant. Or you had to, maybe now you don't? I was setting up an account a few years ago and it was impossible to order a clip unless you had a consultant. You just had to choose a person from their list (I typed in a popular name like Anna or Elizabeth and when the website gave me a choice of a few people, I chose at random). I had no contact with my first consultant whatsoever. Then on Facebook I came across a lady who was active on the official LR fan page and had her own Facebook page, so I switched to her, because I was able to contact her whenever I needed something, like a question answered. Then she stopped being active, maybe she focused on some other job, and I changed the consultant again. Again, I chose a person who was helpful and active on the official LR website.
With most orders, I'd say you don't even have a contact with your consultant. You go to the LR website which is in fact a sub-website belonging to the consultant. It looks the same, it just has their custom banner at the top and it says "You're shopping with XX" in the top right corner. The consultant gets a commission when you buy through their website. LR is basically a direct selling company. They were featured in this article on Womans Day (http://www.womansday.com/life/work-money/tips/a5495/best-direct-sales-companies/) as one of the 8 best ones.

Goodness. It must be possible to say all that in 2-3 sentences. I am unable to. Sorry :D Basically, they are a direct selling company. When you buy a clip online, you buy indirectly from them, directly from a consultant. When I was going through my registration and first purchase from LR a few years ago, it was impossible to buy without a consultant, I had to credit someone during the checkout process. Maybe it's different now? But even if you don't need to have one, it's good to have a consultant. They sometimes have clips in sizes that are sold out on the website. If they don't happen to have one, they have friends who might. When Crimson Joy was FOTM and XL was officially sold out, I still managed to get one though my consultant. Either she had one or she messaged another consultant who had, I don't remember.

I don't use a consultant. I order direct from LR on the phone.

Aredhel
July 4th, 2017, 09:11 AM

Oooh that all sounds super complicated but it mostly makes sense to me now! Very unique way of doing things. Thanks Henri! :)

PixieP
July 4th, 2017, 09:16 AM
Ooooh that new (clear) fireworks one is so pretty! I wasn't expecting there to be any clips I liked in july.

meteor
July 4th, 2017, 09:47 AM
Thank you guys so, so very much! :smooch: Borgessa, Matcha, Crystawni (love your beautiful new shots by the way), and Henrietta :flowers: , wow, you guys know so much and you've helped me a lot! And now I understand the sizing system much better, thanks to you.
This thread makes the seemingly complex and huge world of beautiful flexis look a lot less intimidating to flexi newbies like me! :D Thank you so much for sharing your knowledge here! :flowers:

Henrietta
July 4th, 2017, 09:55 AM
I don't use a consultant. I order direct from LR on the phone.

Ok, so we know it's possible to order directly on the phone.
I wonder if anyone orders via website directly, or do we still have to choose a consultant if we order online.

Aredhel
July 4th, 2017, 10:07 AM
Ok, so we know it's possible to order directly on the phone.
I wonder if anyone orders via website directly, or do we still have to choose a consultant if we order online.

Not sure! I've ordered off the website before but I've never been in touch with anyone....does it randomly assign a consultant if you don't choose one?

Henrietta
July 4th, 2017, 10:32 AM
Not sure! I've ordered off the website before but I've never been in touch with anyone....does it randomly assign a consultant if you don't choose one?

My first thought was maybe it does, but my second thought is that the consultants earn money on this, so it shouldn't be random. Maybe they changed the process now and you don't have to credit a consultant to get through checkout? So you don't need to have one?

eadwine
July 4th, 2017, 11:17 AM
You don't need to have one. If you do get one that can have benefits, especially when you are looking for something and it's sold out.

Also, when you buy through "their" page on LR they get a commission IIRC.

Henrietta
July 4th, 2017, 12:08 PM
You don't need to have one. If you do get one that can have benefits, especially when you are looking for something and it's sold out.

Also, when you buy through "their" page on LR they get a commission IIRC.

Thank you! So now we know. I was stressed out when I had to choose a consultant, but now I wouldn't want to resign, even if I don't have to have one :)

papillon
July 4th, 2017, 12:11 PM
I'm equally befuddled when it comes to the Lilla Rose consultant. It's good to know one is not required. But for those of us who are interested in having one, is there a list to choose from? Does it matter if the consultant lives near you?

eadwine
July 4th, 2017, 12:12 PM
I have bought a LOT of flexis without a consultant. I cannot remember exactly how I came into contact with one, but yeah.. I liked her and I stayed :lol:

Prices you pay are the same either way, so no advantages there ;)

bparnell75
July 4th, 2017, 12:28 PM
My consultant is Charity Mullens and she will do right by you. These ladies are working for pay and it helps them. So buying through them is good vibes for you both, it costs no more.

unheardletters
July 4th, 2017, 02:33 PM

I tried to order online and it assigned a random consultant.

eadwine
July 5th, 2017, 12:10 AM
And I have ordered online and did not get assigned a consultant. ;) It varies :)

lisamt
July 5th, 2017, 08:04 AM

I ordered from the Lilla Rose website (without a consultant) for the first time the other day and I had to create an account. then, they sent me an email with my customer ID number and a link to my consultant.

Aredhel
July 5th, 2017, 08:20 AM
I ordered from the Lilla Rose website (without a consultant) for the first time the other day and I had to create an account. then, they sent me an email with my customer ID number and a link to my consultant.

I wonder if I had the same thing happen, only I never noticed because I rarely read my e-mails...?:o

ETA: Yup... Sage Sophia was who was assigned to me apparently! I had no idea.:confused:

eadwine
July 5th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Sage Sophia is my consultant. I got her by choice, never got one assigned to me.

Henrietta
July 5th, 2017, 11:18 AM
So they do assign consultants if you don't choose! Aredhel was right. I wonder how that works. Randomly or is there an algorithm...? And I fully agree with bparnell75 :) If a consultant can make money when I order items, that's great! :)
papillon, as far as I remember, when I was setting up an account there was an online list and you could choose consultants. I just types in a popular first name to find anyone, since I didn't have any specific person that I wanted to be my consultant then. Later I found a few helpful ladies over Facebook, so I switched. So maybe that's an idea. They often have their own Facebook websites, or they're active on the official Lilla Rose Facebook page.
As far as location is concerned... I don't know, I live in Europe :D Not much choice for me. Anything I need can be fixed with online messages and sending items via post. Has anyone ever had the need to meet their consultant in person?

Groovy Granny
July 5th, 2017, 11:29 AM
I use https://shop.lillarose.biz, have had multiple orders over the years and a (US) consultant was never assigned to me.

eadwine
July 5th, 2017, 12:40 PM
So they do assign consultants if you don't choose!

Ermm no they don't. As I said: I have NEVER had a consultant, bought them for years, until I picked the one consultant I have because I knew her.

two_wheels
July 5th, 2017, 12:45 PM
Ermm no they don't. As I said: I have NEVER had a consultant, bought them for years, until I picked the one consultant I have because I knew her.

I did have something weird happen on the website a couple of times - it said 'you are shopping with [some random name + photo]' even though I don't have a consultant. Not sure what was going on there and I couldn't disable it - not that I begrudge someone the commission, but I'd rather know the person, you know?

Suze
July 5th, 2017, 02:23 PM
I couldn't make an account without having a consultant so I just typed in 'Jones' because that is a pretty common name and then randomly choose someone.

I will send an e-mail about the custom orders too Henri!:o

languagenut
July 6th, 2017, 12:01 AM
So I shouldn't bother trying to be a Lilla Rose consultant because my name isn't so common and nobody will happen to type it in! :laugh:

Except I don't see an option to select a consultant; I go to the site and it declares "You're shopping with Caroline Allen" and I couldn't change it. I had to Google "Lilla Rose" plus the name I was looking for to get to her site, and then it said "Your computer is currently set to view Consultant Caroline Allen's Website. However, today you came to Lilla Rose via a link for Aunt Mae's Website. NOTE: Unless you are a brand new customer, switching to another Lilla Rose Consultants' website here does not switch your Consultant for your shopping experience. Your order will be credited to the Consultant listed on your account when you log in during checkout." Which is a bit strange, especially since I've never heard of this Caroline person in my life.

My mom got the Flexis I have from her friend Evelyn Mae Raymond ("Aunt Mae" (https://shop.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartv3/MainCart.aspx?CatalogueID=211&RequestedGroup1Code=FX&RequestedGroup2Code=ALL&ReferringDealerID=821640)); she is a very nice lady :). (Note that I don't have any financial interests in her business, so I hope I'm not breaking any rules by recommending her)

Henrietta
July 6th, 2017, 05:25 AM

I know you didn't :) But it doesn't mean that it never happens. A few other people have just said they experienced this.
ETA: And that they couldn't register/place the first order without a consultant.

eadwine
July 6th, 2017, 05:33 AM
Weird.. maybe the newer ones? I mean.. I have been ordering since.. well since my hair was shoulder length hahahaha LOOOONG time ago

Henrietta
July 6th, 2017, 05:36 AM
Weird.. maybe the newer ones? I mean.. I have been ordering since.. well since my hair was shoulder length hahahaha LOOOONG time ago

That's a good theory. Maybe they started assigning consultants when Flexi8 and LR merged as websites?

eadwine
July 6th, 2017, 06:17 AM
Could be.. I have been ordering since they were still flexi8

Henrietta
July 6th, 2017, 07:35 AM
Me too. And on Flexi8 I never had to have any consultant. But then they closed Flexi8, so everyone had to move to LR (which started having some Flexi8 features, like international shipping, but we lost the possibility to have custom orders then, right?). I am 99% sure that data and accounts didn't migrate and I had to set up a new account on LR. And as I was doing it, I had to pick a consultant.
I thought you've always been on LR, and that's why the system didn't require you to have a consultant, but now my brain clicked and understood that since you're in NL, you couldn't have been, because they weren't sending stuff internationally for a while. Only Flexi8 was. So we probably switched from Flexi8 do LR more or less at the same time.

KittyBird
July 6th, 2017, 12:17 PM
That's a good theory. Maybe they started assigning consultants when Flexi8 and LR merged as websites?

I joined lillarose before the sites merged, and I had to choose a consultant when I joined. I think I just picked a random consultant from their facebook page or something like that. I have no idea who she is and I've never communicated with her. I think it's a pretty weird system.

Nebulae
July 7th, 2017, 03:16 AM
It's been ages now since I placed any order for a flexi8, but I have always used the LR website and never had to pick a consultant or get one assigned.

Since its been so long, I don't remember what the check out process looked like but I think I could choose to check out as a guest? So I didn't need to get involved with a consultant. I don't know if that has changed in the past years though. I think I ordered a few times between maybe 2013 and 2015.

Theobroma
July 13th, 2017, 09:41 AM
Free shipping promo. Ho hum. I'll pass because putting together an order worth over $50 would incur customs charges at least three or four times as high as the shipping cost. And because there's nothing that calls to me in any case. I already have all the styles that appeal to me.

Seriously, I NEED them to resume taking custom orders! I have a clip in large that I designed myself and I really, really want to have it remade in XL.

Henrietta
July 13th, 2017, 10:34 AM
Free shipping promo. Ho hum. I'll pass because putting together an order worth over $50 would incur customs charges at least three or four times as high as the shipping cost. And because there's nothing that calls to me in any case. I already have all the styles that appeal to me.

Seriously, I NEED them to resume taking custom orders! I have a clip in large that I designed myself and I really, really want to have it remade in XL.

I don't know if I said it, if I did I will again. With 28 clips bought throughout 6.5+ years, I also have all the styles I want. (ETA: Wait! There's one I started wanting recently, so... Yeah, one.) And I like fewer and fewer of the recent FOTM designs, so I don't buy these often either.
But there are a few centrepieces and a few beads sets that I'd love to have. I already have notes about how I'd like them to be combined! If they reintroduced custom orders, I'd start ordering like mad. 5 XL clips at once (that's how many ready ideas I have) and then more. Why don't they want to take my money? Why? :cry::wail:

MusicalSpoons
July 15th, 2017, 07:09 AM
Hello! Delurking to weigh in on the consultant/no consultant debate:

It's been ages now since I placed any order for a flexi8, but I have always used the LR website and never had to pick a consultant or get one assigned.

Since its been so long, I don't remember what the check out process looked like but I think I could choose to check out as a guest? So I didn't need to get involved with a consultant. I don't know if that has changed in the past years though. I think I ordered a few times between maybe 2013 and 2015.

I'm in the UK, and have ordered twice from LR since December 2016, and nothing ever came up about having a consultant (other than the link at the top of the LR homepage that says 'consultant sign-in'). In fact, it wasn't until last month I even realised there were consultants and what they did.

And, while I'm here, thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread; I finally got the courage to order my first flexis last month! (My avatar pic is of my XL in action) :D

Borgessa
July 16th, 2017, 03:07 AM
Hello! Delurking to weigh in on the consultant/no consultant debate:

I'm in the UK, and have ordered twice from LR since December 2016, and nothing ever came up about having a consultant (other than the link at the top of the LR homepage that says 'consultant sign-in'). In fact, it wasn't until last month I even realised there were consultants and what they did.

And, while I'm here, thanks to everyone who has contributed to this thread; I finally got the courage to order my first flexis last month! (My avatar pic is of my XL in action) :D

I love it when lurkers de-cloak (Star Trek reference, yes I'm a geek.) Hello Musical and welcome :)

jennareid
July 26th, 2017, 06:38 AM
I bought my first set of U-Pins recently. Braided cinnamon bun, both U-Pins at the top and a big Amish pin at the bottom to hold it all down. I wish they'd make 4"+ pins! I haven't bought any Flexis in a while because I haven't used them much lately, my hair doesn't like LWBs much recently and it's the only way I wore them. So I think when Black Friday rolls around I might stock up on more pins if they have them on sale.

http://i.imgur.com/WQNg2KR.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/3BGN5mh.jpg

Henrietta
July 26th, 2017, 07:35 AM
jennareid wow, such a smooth and shiny bun! :)

Has anyone seen any sneak peek of an August FOTM yet?

jennareid
July 26th, 2017, 09:55 AM
Thanks!

Just saw the FOTM on my rep's FB page - blue enamel seahorse with blue beads. It's pretty cute. There's also blue, purple and pink leather Flexis with matching sticks.

melesine
July 26th, 2017, 10:06 AM
I've used my u-pins to hold a French twist but I usually just use them for basic bun.

eadwine
July 26th, 2017, 10:30 AM
The seahorses are mine! That is for sure. I did just buy a pair of Vondas, but PSH.. when I am spending money anyway hahahaha

Henrietta
July 26th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Thanks!

Just saw the FOTM on my rep's FB page - blue enamel seahorse with blue beads. It's pretty cute. There's also blue, purple and pink leather Flexis with matching sticks.

A moment after posting my question I saw the seahorse on my consultant's website. Who's yours? :) I'd like to see the leather Flexis too! :)

jennareid
July 26th, 2017, 12:47 PM
I think her name is Deb Toms!

Henrietta
July 26th, 2017, 03:02 PM
I think her name is Deb Toms!

Thank you! I'm going to try and find the pics :)

Suze
July 26th, 2017, 03:48 PM
The sea horse is cute! :D

Beautiful updo *Jenna*!

hobbitlocks
July 26th, 2017, 06:44 PM
It seemed from a post I saw on instagram that they're going to be bringing they May FOTM back!

Borgessa
July 26th, 2017, 10:50 PM
Dang it my rep doesn't seem to do the previews. Think I may have to change reps :confused: I want a sneak preveiw. Anywhere I can see them?

julee
July 27th, 2017, 06:57 AM
I did a quick search on Instagram and the account @jewelsforyourhair has an OK close up photo :)

TatsuOni
July 27th, 2017, 09:18 AM
Thanks to you talking about free shipping a while ago, I ordered my first flexis :)

https://cdn2.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/f5_5979f4612a6b22bb8f20f00a.jpg https://cdn2.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/f4_5979f4462a6b22bb93fd380f.jpg
I bought them in large and they work in LWB's and similar buns. But the next time I'll go for a bigger size.

https://cdn3.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/f3_5979f41fe087c37305799e4f.jpg https://cdn1.cdnme.se/1263465/9-3/f2_5979f3bd2a6b22bba90c27c8.jpg
I don't use bobby pins, but since they where free, I figured that I could turn the celtic crosses into something more hair friendly :)

So theese are my first flexis and I really like them! I will buy more in the future, but I'm not sure what size to go for...

Henrietta
July 27th, 2017, 02:02 PM
Dang it my rep doesn't seem to do the previews. Think I may have to change reps :confused: I want a sneak preveiw. Anywhere I can see them?

Maybe you don't have to change reps, just like a Facebook page that belongs to one of the reps who do post previews regularly :)

Borgessa
July 27th, 2017, 10:09 PM
I did a quick search on Instagram and the account @jewelsforyourhair has an OK close up photo :)

Oh ty, that was ideal... Well I like that much better than the last few releases.. Whats up with the sea theme of late.. It is cute thou. Still not sure its my jam.. But we'll see. I'm starting to have flexi withdrawl here!

Henrietta that is a good idea, I will have to find a facebook page :)

hobbitlocks
July 28th, 2017, 10:25 AM
Borgessa- I usually just search the #lillarose tag on instagram toward the end of the month, and it is easy to find a preview that way if you want to keep your current consultant.

I have also noticed that they have been into sea-themes lately. They are pretty but at not really my style, which is probably for the best!

Henrietta
July 28th, 2017, 11:43 AM
Borgessa- I usually just search the #lillarose tag on instagram toward the end of the month, and it is easy to find a preview that way if you want to keep your current consultant.

I have also noticed that they have been into sea-themes lately. They are pretty but at not really my style, which is probably for the best!

Same here :D I think they are pretty in themselves, but not my style. And my wallet is happy this way.

There is also a leather pin coming, with a stunning oval blue centrepiece. I certainly won't buy a leather pin with a separate stick. But I'm adding the centrepiece to my wish list... and I'll continue hoping they will introduce custom orders eventually.

Suze
July 28th, 2017, 12:46 PM
I follow this page on facebook to see the new styles: Lilla Rose - Tracy Blough. :)

PixieP
July 28th, 2017, 07:00 PM
I love those new leather ones and might have to buy the blue one!

eadwine
July 28th, 2017, 11:00 PM
Oh.. just saw the leather ones.. my wallet is safe, I find them ugly :lol: So funny how tastes can differ so much!

Borgessa
July 29th, 2017, 04:39 AM
Thanks for all the tips I will be using them all :) I always look forward to the end of the month to see whats is new. :)

wo
July 29th, 2017, 06:47 AM
Hey everyone, I own a few flexis, but I'm wondering about the u pins. Do they hold a bun by themselves ever, or are they more of an accessory?

Suze
July 29th, 2017, 08:48 AM
Did you guys know the Floressa is coming back for the month of August?

Aredhel, you really wanted that one right?

unheardletters
July 29th, 2017, 09:36 AM
Hey everyone, I own a few flexis, but I'm wondering about the u pins. Do they hold a bun by themselves ever, or are they more of an accessory?

I don't find that the upins hold well.

PixieP
July 29th, 2017, 10:11 AM
Oh.. just saw the leather ones.. my wallet is safe, I find them ugly :lol: So funny how tastes can differ so much!

:( I'll not buy it then.

Henrietta
July 29th, 2017, 10:40 AM
I've just found a confirmation about Floressa being back for August. Good news for those of you who wanted it but didn't catch one on time :)

bparnell75
July 29th, 2017, 11:46 AM
I my slippy hair they do not hold well unless I tork the hair, which gives me a headache.

Suze
July 29th, 2017, 12:47 PM
:( I'll not buy it then.

Please just buy whatever is beautiful to you! Not everyone has the same taste, otherwise everybody would wear the same things. :flower: I bet the blue one would look very pretty in your hair!

wispe
July 29th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Please just buy whatever is beautiful to you! Not everyone has the same taste, otherwise everybody would wear the same things. :flower: I bet the blue one would look very pretty in your hair!

^^ditto. I think the blue would pop nicely in your hair, PixieP! I'm still eyeing up the pink one (and the blue, if we're being honest) but I haven't decided yet what sizes I would need or use most frequently.

MusicalSpoons
July 29th, 2017, 02:13 PM
I love it when lurkers de-cloak (Star Trek reference, yes I'm a geek.) Hello Musical and welcome :)

Decloaking! Love it :D Hehe, thank you, fellow Trekkian geek. LLAP \\//,

I bought my first set of U-Pins recently. Braided cinnamon bun, both U-Pins at the top and a big Amish pin at the bottom to hold it all down.

So theese are my first flexis and I really like them! I will buy more in the future, but I'm not sure what size to go for...

*Gasp* those are beautiful buns, jennareid and TatsuOni!

My large flexi arrived a few days ago; I thought it would do well for centre-held buns but it turns out all my centre-held buns aren't held very centrally at all! I may have to try with braided styles to see if works. Here it is in a loose, day-old LWB:
http://drive.google.com/uc?export=view&id=0B4-cAvPPF-vwSUw3VWVFSFFjZGs

Suze
July 29th, 2017, 02:33 PM
That looks beautiful!!! :D I really like your bun!

Henrietta
July 30th, 2017, 03:59 AM
Haha, I know the pain of centre-held buns being really quite far from the centre :D And it's so visible with Flexis, and I can feel it quite intensely too, in the sense of the weight of the clip being... behind my ear rather than in the middle :D
In my case it's so because my hair it quite thick on top, but towards the ends I lose a lot of that thickness. So my buns are not balanced.

TatsuOni
July 30th, 2017, 03:59 AM
Decloaking! Love it :D Hehe, thank you, fellow Trekkian geek. LLAP \\//,

*Gasp* those are beautiful buns, jennareid and TatsuOni!

My large flexi arrived a few days ago; I thought it would do well for centre-held buns but it turns out all my centre-held buns aren't held very centrally at all! I may have to try with braided styles to see if works. Here it is in a loose, day-old LWB:

Thank you! :flower: Beautiful bun and flexi!

Crystawni
July 30th, 2017, 05:12 AM
Tatsu and MusicalSpoons, you both have beautiful flexibuns! Great choices!

I love my small leather 8s, but am not sure about the latest colours. And Athena (seahorse) is okay, too, but again, I'm not so sure about it. I think I can ponder any buying decision until the Black Friday sale.

TatsuOni
July 30th, 2017, 06:11 AM
Tatsu and MusicalSpoons, you both have beautiful flexibuns! Great choices!

I love my small leather 8s, but am not sure about the latest colours. And Athena (seahorse) is okay, too, but again, I'm not so sure about it. I think I can ponder any buying decision until the Black Friday sale.

Thank you! :flower:

peachyleshy
July 30th, 2017, 05:44 PM
I love the leather ones! I really, really want to get the black leather one next...
I just got my first flexi-clip last week. It is the rose gold bow! It's so pretty! I got the large, but I kinda feel like I could have gone with an XL. But it is flexible, so it will work!

Rebeccalaurenxx
July 30th, 2017, 08:27 PM
I have this small, sun flexi-8 but I never ever wear it.. So i think I might give it up on RAOK or post it for a trade through the forums.
I love it but I just dont wear my hair like this and it doesnt fit my buns.
https://s3.postimg.org/5r4zrg0er/IMG_3816.png
If someone wants to trade, or buy it or whatever they can DM me. :)

Henrietta
July 31st, 2017, 04:42 AM
Oh my, the big blue Aviva centrepiece that's coming in August! Perfection.
I know I'm like a broken record, but... I'm waiting for custom orders. I'm sending mental signals to Lilla Rose about it. Please, introduce them, please, introduce them.

animetor7
July 31st, 2017, 12:12 PM
I have this small, sun flexi-8 but I never ever wear it.. So i think I might give it up on RAOK or post it for a trade through the forums.
I love it but I just dont wear my hair like this and it doesnt fit my buns.
https://s3.postimg.org/5r4zrg0er/IMG_3816.png
If someone wants to trade, or buy it or whatever they can DM me. :)

Does it hold a bun made from half of your hair? I have a medium bat flexi that I love but that is much too small to hold a bun with all of my hair now. It is, however, just large enough to hold half of my hair, so what I generally use if for is to put half of my hair in a bun and then wrap the rest of my hair around that bun pinning as I go. To add some interest I often braid the bits left down before wrapping them around the "main" bun. Maybe this would be a way to use it if you like it enough to keep using it. :)

eadwine
August 1st, 2017, 06:58 AM
Yay, I've got the athena in medium :D

Garnetgem
August 1st, 2017, 08:09 AM
Are Flexi-8/Lilla rose any good? my hair escapes from any up dos but this is the one thing i have never tried before...

TatsuOni
August 1st, 2017, 08:14 AM
Are Flexi-8/Lilla rose any good? my hair escapes from any up dos but this is the one thing i have never tried before...

I've recently bought my first flexis and I really like them. It's not that my hair can't escape, but it holds really well and so far they hold better than forks and sticks for me. So far I've only redone buns because the where getting loose, not because they where falling appart and I actually went two days without having to redo my buns at all. I think that's a record for me!

eadwine
August 1st, 2017, 08:42 AM
It's the only thing that really stays put all day :) Just don't get the wrong size.. because too big and it still slips out :)