PDA

View Full Version : The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 [43] 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

Scarlet_Heart
September 29th, 2015, 08:59 AM
*shakes fist*

I trying to get one for my friend... and one for myself.

eadwine
September 29th, 2015, 09:00 AM
I'm really liking Mercia as well. And Carmine, for that matter. But I have so many Flexis already...

Me too. Ain't no hindrance for me ;)

Theobroma
September 29th, 2015, 09:22 AM
Me too. Ain't no hindrance for me ;)

Heh.

I fear I may yet break down...

KittyBird
September 29th, 2015, 09:25 AM
Yay! I managed to get Charlotte's Web in XXL without too much trouble. I'll pass on Olivia, it's too green for me.. I prefer to have some variation in the beads, so I would have liked it more if it had different shades of green or other colours, maybe some metal beads.

AlyBlu
September 29th, 2015, 09:53 AM
I hope they get this figured out before the big holiday sale

lazuliblue
September 29th, 2015, 10:12 AM
I have just ordered a fall harvest :D I might order another one...I like the spider one but I already have the owl flexi with the same beading. My other option may be the new owl flexi!

Edit: Ok, just ordered the spider one. A family member enabled me (xmas present!)

Valkyriejae
September 29th, 2015, 11:07 AM
I ordered six (my poor bank account...) and I started out okay, but the website started glitching around 12:30. Then it was cart dumping, firestorm errors, and sloooooow loading galore!
I decided to try an experiment, and switched from using firefox (my usual) to Internet Exploder (which I really only ever use for downloading other browsers/as a backup) and my order went through SUPER smoothly. Fast loading, no glitches, it was easy! I don't know if that's just a fluke, but it might be worth considering if you're having issues placing an order on firefox.

dulce
September 29th, 2015, 11:35 AM
I can't get to the sale,after 1 1.2 hrs have been kicked out of checkout twice and it keeps freezing..Really wanted the spider!I used internet explorer.

Valkyriejae
September 29th, 2015, 11:48 AM
Rats, I was hoping I had found a trick to beat the crashes ><
Last time there was a sale and I couldn't get through, I called them directly and placed the order over the phone. Maybe you could get your spider that way?

Theobroma
September 29th, 2015, 12:28 PM
I ordered six (my poor bank account...) and I started out okay, but the website started glitching around 12:30. Then it was cart dumping, firestorm errors, and sloooooow loading galore!
I decided to try an experiment, and switched from using firefox (my usual) to Internet Exploder (which I really only ever use for downloading other browsers/as a backup) and my order went through SUPER smoothly. Fast loading, no glitches, it was easy! I don't know if that's just a fluke, but it might be worth considering if you're having issues placing an order on firefox.

I think that the consensus during the last sale was that it was a fluke. The problem is server side -- back then EVERYONE was having trouble, regardless of their browser or operating system!

I can't get to the sale,after 1 1.2 hrs have been kicked out of checkout twice and it keeps freezing..Really wanted the spider!I used internet explorer.

Place your order by phone or email! They will honour it -- at the last sale I got lucky with one order, but when I went back on the last day to order another clip, I got nothing but Firestorm errors until the sale had ended. I emailed them about it and they processed my order manually and still gave me the sale price.

Their server seems to be wobbly in the extreme, but their customer service is flat-out unimpeachable. I've never had anything less than a first-rate experience when dealing with them!

Lisa Long4Life
September 29th, 2015, 12:41 PM
I've just ordered a Soaring Butterfly & Compass Rose :D

Winter Fox
September 29th, 2015, 12:58 PM
I got a spider and jack o' lantern :D

Scarlet_Heart
September 29th, 2015, 01:16 PM
Success! I snagged an owl for me and a pawprint for a friend (she's a dog lover).

eadwine
September 29th, 2015, 01:29 PM

Please DO report this to LR!!

Kherome
September 29th, 2015, 01:31 PM
I had no trouble

parkmikii
September 29th, 2015, 01:34 PM
Owl for me! I'm so excited, it will be my first flexi8. It was so hard to choose between it and the spider one..

Lisa Long4Life
September 29th, 2015, 01:41 PM
Owl for me! I'm so excited, it will be my first flexi8. It was so hard to choose between it and the spider one..

they're my first 2 as well :) I was thinking about an owl or a cat as well but I stuck with the 2 in case I don't get on with them. Had to have the butterfly for the price drop and the fact it's PURPLE :D

parkmikii
September 29th, 2015, 01:44 PM
they're my first 2 as well :) I was thinking about an owl or a cat as well but I stuck with the 2 in case I don't get on with them. Had to have the butterfly for the price drop and the fact it's PURPLE :D

I too really like the purple colour! But sadly I only afford one..Well, it's not a limited edition so I can get more at the next sales ^^

dulce
September 29th, 2015, 02:26 PM
I tried for hours-kept getting kicked out of checkup,then the shopping button to click just stayed frozen..

Red.
September 29th, 2015, 02:39 PM
I had no problems as well. This is my first time buying from the site, I may have gone a bit overboard. :p

Puffer Fish
September 29th, 2015, 02:52 PM
Aaaaaaah I don't know what to buy!

I want to use one as a braid tie-off, and one for future up-dos and etc. I just want a lot of them. @_@

lazuliblue
September 29th, 2015, 04:11 PM
Aaaaaaah I don't know what to buy!

I want to use one as a braid tie-off, and one for future up-dos and etc. I just want a lot of them. @_@

I hope you can make a decision Puffer Fish :o

I just bought the owl one too :eek: I've never bought more than one flexi at a time!

Puffer Fish
September 29th, 2015, 04:16 PM
I hope you can make a decision Puffer Fish :o

I just bought the owl one too :eek: I've never bought more than one flexi at a time!

I'm trying to buy the new Charlotte's Web and Dreamcatcher both in my usual medium, and Emerald Dream in a small, but all I'm getting is the #*(&!* Firestorm error instead of a checkout page! Graaaargh.

EDIT: and now it's updated to say the Charlotte is out of stock! All because their site wouldn't let me purchase. I hope they let me get one anyway...:wail:

JadedByEntropy
September 29th, 2015, 04:34 PM
Ordered one a few days ago thats now 20% off :'(
I'll have to wait and pass up the limited time leaves to make sure the 1st fits the size i need.
aaagh
I hope they have sales often...

Estrid
September 29th, 2015, 04:56 PM
This is the first time in a long long time that I've bought flexi 8s. I did not buy any of the limited edition ones, but I did buy "tawny" (never seen festive leaf in those colours before, how long have they had that one??).
I bought one XL (tawny) and two XS flexis (montana & turquoise tranquility), I know the XS ones will be good for half ups (the S ones have been a bit too big for my taste) and the XL is quite a "hope I am right about the size"-gamble. All I know is that medium is too small for everything but ponytails on me and large did not look large enough, + I want myself to be able to wear it for some time atleast! Oh well... guess I'll see soon how well it fits :o

Can't wait till I get these little pretties!

Kherome
September 29th, 2015, 05:01 PM
I'll pass on Olivia, it's too green for me.. I prefer to have some variation in the beads, so I would have liked it more if it had different shades of green or other colours, maybe some metal beads.

I purchased it because it's so green. I've always been disappointed in the blandness of the beading on most flexis, this one is finally more vibrant. I'm quite excited to see it in person.

Crystawni
September 29th, 2015, 05:29 PM
I was up until 2 am my time (about 7 hours ago) trying to snag a small Charlotte's Web. Actually, it took me a bit to decide on which size. I usually get minis or XS for half ups and braids when something has danglies (although have Fantastic in XL as well as XS), but I went with a pony and folded braid size small. I was getting logged out, and firestorm issues at the last hurdle, so switched computers to check my account in case anything had slipped through (I can't afford double charges at the moment). As it turns out, I was able to get my order through with the second computer (both have Chrome), but the page was still loading, and loading, and loading, and I only knew the sale had gone through when I got an email of confirmation behind the scenes (transaction would probs still be loading if I didn't close it off). And yup, it's in my order history, so all's good (pfft--"good" isn't quite the word, yanno...).

cat11
September 29th, 2015, 05:36 PM
I'm really sad charlotte's web is sold out except for teeny sizes :( I hope that changes...

Shorty89
September 29th, 2015, 06:34 PM
I'm thinking of getting a new flexi, but for either half-ups or for folded braids and what not. I take a XL for buns. What size should I get?

Puffer Fish
September 29th, 2015, 07:29 PM
Update on my ordering issue: they got back to me saying to call them tomorrow during business hours, or to make the new cart myself online. except it's still sold out online, so I'm wondering if the CSR really 100% understood my issue...

I'm starting to wonder if the Charlotte is even really worth all this hassle. I'm trying to justify not being able to have it to myself, even though I totally could have had it if their mobile site worked right, or even their regular site worked right...

ravenreed
September 29th, 2015, 09:17 PM
I briefly considered becoming a consultant for them, but this website thing is a deal breaker for me. It's a shame because I love the product.

lazuliblue
September 30th, 2015, 12:44 AM
Update on my ordering issue: they got back to me saying to call them tomorrow during business hours, or to make the new cart myself online. except it's still sold out online, so I'm wondering if the CSR really 100% understood my issue...

I'm starting to wonder if the Charlotte is even really worth all this hassle. I'm trying to justify not being able to have it to myself, even though I totally could have had it if their mobile site worked right, or even their regular site worked right...

Oh I'm sorry the website wouldn't work for you! :(

JadedByEntropy they do have sales quite often, I think the next one might be the Black Friday sale...although last year the website started to crash before the sale had even started!

woelfchen83
September 30th, 2015, 08:33 AM
I bought something at the sale on BF last year and I didn't have that much problems. It was just very very slow and maybe kicked me out several times but this time I had the Firestorm message for more than 4,5 h. I don't know if it's the website itself (what I don't think, since I'm working with html, php and all that stuff on my own) or the servers they have. They either don't have enough or they are just to slow.

DreamSheep
September 30th, 2015, 09:32 AM
Is the sale still on...? : )

Gabriel
September 30th, 2015, 09:53 AM
Is the sale still on...? : )

Yes, till the end of today. :)

Viola88
September 30th, 2015, 11:08 AM
I kept getting errors in firefox so I switched over to Chrome. Order went through with no problems on my first try.

Theobroma
September 30th, 2015, 12:06 PM
The site has been working fine for me today too... in Firefox. :)

eadwine
September 30th, 2015, 01:52 PM
Yay, the jack and the spiderweb have been shipped. The other two are a waiting game for now :lol:

JadedByEntropy
September 30th, 2015, 08:42 PM
http://s15.postimg.org/bfke9rsqz/flexi_8_guide.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

JadedByEntropy
September 30th, 2015, 08:49 PM
okay, this is the Festive Leaf in Lg on my 4.5 pony in a pj style lazy twist haha
It slides on my pony, but manages to get around my updo- just barely! Ordered two others small and xsmall from the sale. Glad my 1st came in so soon because i do love these things. They're a bit tricky though.
http://s18.postimg.org/yg1sm9qk9/Flexi_8_Lg_Festive_Leaf_1.jpg (http://postimage.org/)
[/url]http://s22.postimg.org/9z1pm2tg1/Flexi_8_Lg_Festive_Leaf_2.jpg (http://postimage.org/app.php)
[url=http://postimage.org/app.php]

KittyBird
October 1st, 2015, 01:11 AM
Beautiful, JadedByEntropy!

Mine have shipped too, so they should be here sometime next week. So excited! :D

lazuliblue
October 1st, 2015, 01:48 AM
One of mine has shipped. I tried to order a colours on parade yesterday too but the order went through and was then refunded because it was out of stock. I shall have to get it when they (hopefully!) restock it again!

Red.
October 1st, 2015, 01:53 AM
JadedByEntropy, that looks so nice against your hair. I ordered the same color so it's nice to see.

maria_asa
October 1st, 2015, 04:43 AM
I ordered an owl for me and a thistle as a Christmas gift for my mother (I like to finish buying my Christmas gifts as early as possible) this morning. I was really unsure about getting them since I don't use the flexis I have very much but the owl was just too cute to pass up, especially when it was on sale.

DreamSheep
October 1st, 2015, 04:49 AM
Ahh so I didn't order in the end (from the website), but probably will soon. I love some of those news designs.
(also sorry for my short post upthread, this was exciteable and stressed me on my phone).

Anyway, wore Hues of Blue today (it has been a long time since I last wore a flexi-8). I squished my Megas down to make them a bit fatter and not so long for a better hold and I think it has worked, because now it is holding like a rock (and actually feeling tight):

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/IMG_20151001_113140.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/magikspiffy/media/IMG_20151001_113140.jpg.html)
(image is cropped but may take a while to show up)

Compared to end of April:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/IMG_9793.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/magikspiffy/media/IMG_9793.jpg.html)

(I am wearing a different bun, top is LWB, bottom I think is a figure of 8 attempt)

lazuliblue
October 1st, 2015, 07:13 AM
That just looks so gorgeous and beautiful in your hair DreamSheep!! I'm glad that you have figured out how to gt the flexi to hold well.

StellaKatherine
October 1st, 2015, 08:06 AM
Damn it, I guess the sale is over :( I wanted an owl.. But for 27 dollars... I am not sure I can afford +shipping :(

Estrid
October 1st, 2015, 01:11 PM
It looks lovely on you, DreamSheep, and that hugenormous bun! :thud:

Estrid
October 1st, 2015, 01:14 PM
Damn it, I guess the sale is over :( I wanted an owl.. But for 27 dollars... I am not sure I can afford +shipping :(

I feel you. I wanted maybe 8 different flexis when I went in during the sale and ended up getting 3 because it would end up too expensive even with them being cheaper. It is a bit sad :(

Now it might not be the same, one flexi for 27 dollars is just insane (when did they get that expensive??!)

Have I lived under a rock lately or have flexis always been this expensive?

parkmikii
October 1st, 2015, 01:25 PM
I feel you. I wanted maybe 8 different flexis when I went in during the sale and ended up getting 3 because it would end up too expensive even with them being cheaper. It is a bit sad :(

Now it might not be the same, one flexi for 27 dollars is just insane (when did they get that expensive??!)

Have I lived under a rock lately or have flexis always been this expensive?

It really was insane..The new styles became really expensive. I did see that the older editions were cheaper still but I got the owl since its limited edition..I also wanted the spider one but the price plus shipping we just insane for both :(

Estrid
October 1st, 2015, 01:40 PM
It really was insane..The new styles became really expensive. I did see that the older editions were cheaper still but I got the owl since its limited edition..I also wanted the spider one but the price plus shipping we just insane for both :(

That's sad, for real :( I have not bought many flexis before but I do remember that the cheap price was a factor that made me go for it. Not cool to have such high price on the fotm, even if it is limited edition!

ravenreed
October 1st, 2015, 02:19 PM
All I can say is keep an eye on the swap board. I picked up an expensive one, the peacock, not too long ago for a much more reasonable price.

AspenSong
October 1st, 2015, 05:44 PM
I haven't even been able to get on the site the last couple sales really. =( Now that I see that Charlottes Web one, I'm sort of heartbroken. I LOVE that. I'm such a spider and bug nut, I think that's one of my favorites I've ever seen.

If anyone ever has a L to part with....drop me a line!! :pray:

DreamSheep
October 2nd, 2015, 03:40 AM
It looks lovely on you, DreamSheep, and that hugenormous bun! :thud:
Thank you! <3

I haven't even been able to get on the site the last couple sales really. =( Now that I see that Charlottes Web one, I'm sort of heartbroken. I LOVE that. I'm such a spider and bug nut, I think that's one of my favorites I've ever seen.

If anyone ever has a L to part with....drop me a line!! :pray:
I was teetering between buying it or not (havent yet but thinking of placing an order). Regretting this decision, are they sold out? :(

That said, popular ones tend to make reappearances (Black Friday?), so it may not be a lost opportunity! :)

lazuliblue
October 2nd, 2015, 04:30 AM
Thank you! <3

I was teetering between buying it or not (havent yet but thinking of placing an order). Regretting this decision, are they sold out? :(

That said, popular ones tend to make reappearances (Black Friday?), so it may not be a lost opportunity! :)

They often do seem to reappear on Black Friday! Maybe because it was so popular they will order some more if they really don't have them.

KittyBird
October 2nd, 2015, 05:53 AM
They often do seem to reappear on Black Friday! Maybe because it was so popular they will order some more if they really don't have them.
Or maybe it'll be so popular that they'll make it a permanent clip in the shop.. That has happened with many clips, like the green dragonfly and several other FotMs. :)

Theobroma
October 2nd, 2015, 05:54 AM
AspenSong, do you have a consultant? If so, ask her! I got my XL Crimson Joy that way -- my consultant didn't have one herself, but she asked around the other consultants and was able to track one down that way.

Scarlet_Heart
October 2nd, 2015, 10:56 AM
The owl is here and it is so cute. I have this in-between problem with flexis. XL is too big for my bun and large is too small. But I'm making it work.

eadwine
October 2nd, 2015, 11:07 AM
*mutter* no pictures.. she posts no pictures.. uuuuuggghh!

;)

Good to hear it's there! Can't wait to see it :)

Scarlet_Heart
October 2nd, 2015, 11:23 AM
*mutter* no pictures.. she posts no pictures.. uuuuuggghh!

;)

Good to hear it's there! Can't wait to see it :)

I'm in a hurry, trying to get out the door. But here's a quick-and-dirty from my phone. It looks much nicer in person.

EDIT: Posted better pic on next page. This one was huge and poor quality.

rags
October 2nd, 2015, 11:27 AM
ScarletHeart -:thud:

That wouldn't look good in silver hair, no of course it wouldn't. I should refrain. I should. :lala:

Scarlet_Heart
October 2nd, 2015, 11:31 AM
And because I'm a perfectionist freak and couldn't let that be the pic, here's a better one.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/eelaynuh/Hair/DSC01576_zpsmrov60ve.jpg (http://s62.photobucket.com/user/eelaynuh/media/Hair/DSC01576_zpsmrov60ve.jpg.html)

rags I think it would look so classy and pretty on you. Do it. :whip:

Alaska98
October 2nd, 2015, 11:33 AM
Wow, you got it fast! I ordered as soon as the sale went live, was marked as shipped 3 hours later, but it tracks that it's still sitting in the "shipping partner facility."

rags
October 2nd, 2015, 11:34 AM
OH my! Now that is even BETTER! :thudpile:

You are an evil temptress, ScarletHeart! :lol:

lazuliblue
October 2nd, 2015, 11:43 AM
Or maybe it'll be so popular that they'll make it a permanent clip in the shop.. That has happened with many clips, like the green dragonfly and several other FotMs. :)

That woud be good! My theory is maybe they thought it wouldn't be as popular because it is spiders, so they had less in stock, but we are all so awesome and love all creatures great and small that we all wanted it :D

Scarlet_Heart it is so cute!!! Mine is one the way, 2nd one to ship. I am very excited!

JadedByEntropy
October 2nd, 2015, 12:07 PM
And because I'm a perfectionist freak and couldn't let that be the pic, here's a better one.

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h114/eelaynuh/Hair/DSC01576_zpsmrov60ve.jpg (http://s62.photobucket.com/user/eelaynuh/media/Hair/DSC01576_zpsmrov60ve.jpg.html)

rags I think it would look so classy and pretty on you. Do it. :whip:

Its belly looks like your hair. Such a perfect match of colors. :D

don't do it rags! ;)

Theobroma
October 2nd, 2015, 12:17 PM
Scarlet_Heart, what a stunning pic!

I can't wait for mine to arrive. :D

Fru fru
October 2nd, 2015, 12:21 PM
Scarlet_heart I love the owl on you! I ordered the owl and the new olivine one for my daughter, she wears a flexi every day and has a little collection of them:)

eadwine
October 2nd, 2015, 01:05 PM
Wow, it looks lovely!

dulce
October 2nd, 2015, 01:31 PM
I supposedly got 3 clips in this last sale on the first day-I called them and put the order in.No confirmation message even sent yet,and my order history only shows approved.Should I be worried?It doesn't say shipped. I have called them only to be told they are really busy.

Scarlet_Heart
October 2nd, 2015, 02:37 PM
Thanks, guys! It's such a nice design I think.

Scarlet_heart I love the owl on you! I ordered the owl and the new olivine one for my daughter, she wears a flexi every day and has a little collection of them:)

That is so sweet. I can't wait to play with my daughters hair, when she has more of it. It's so nice that you include her in that and I love that she has her own collection. She doesn't stand a chance now, lol. She'll be stalking LadyIdun before you know it. :p

dulce
October 2nd, 2015, 04:55 PM
Just got a shipped notice ..Can you spell relief! I really wanted a spider web.

JadedByEntropy
October 2nd, 2015, 06:59 PM
I supposedly got 3 clips in this last sale on the first day-I called them and put the order in.No confirmation message even sent yet,and my order history only shows approved.Should I be worried?It doesn't say shipped. I have called them only to be told they are really busy.

we kind of shut down their website with orders, i'm sure they're doing what they can as fast as they can. If its approved, it'll be shipped soon enough :)

Crystawni
October 2nd, 2015, 07:19 PM
Scarlet Heart, you'll be able to torment the kids when they're older, with owl-like wisdom, by pointing and saying, "I have eyes in the back of my head, yanno". :p Your action shot is just perfect. Fantastic choice!

dulce
October 2nd, 2015, 07:20 PM
Some people mentioned their orders were cancelled as the items were sold out,that's why I was worried.

AlyBlu
October 2nd, 2015, 09:04 PM
Oh that Owl is gorgeous!

eadwine
October 2nd, 2015, 11:51 PM
My Jack is in the country now, since yesterday afternoon. So.. a VERY small chance it'll arrive today still, otherwise it's going to be Tuesday at the earliest. Fingers crossed but not hoping for that miracle :lol: The spider one is still in LA, it ran a day or two behind, that one.

eadwine
October 3rd, 2015, 04:06 AM
It's here!! :D

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/jacks.jpg

Viola88
October 3rd, 2015, 04:23 AM
That pumpkin is great!

I am waiting for my Carmine to arrive :)

parkmikii
October 3rd, 2015, 04:44 AM
The pumpkin and the owl look beautiful!
My owl just shipped today :D

eadwine
October 3rd, 2015, 04:48 AM
Closer up, dead on.

Just went grocery shopping, so.. previous pic was taken in a hurry lol

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/closejacks.jpg

lazuliblue
October 3rd, 2015, 04:57 AM
Wow that got there fast! It looks so great Eadwine! Perfect for Halloween...or all of October...or any time really! :D

Only one of mine has actually left the US, I think they have taken about 5 days to get here before, which I still think is pretty amazing.

eadwine
October 3rd, 2015, 05:05 AM
Took 4 days after I ordered, which was the 29th at 5pm my time, roughly. There has only been 1 faster, which took 3 days :)

Scarlet_Heart
October 3rd, 2015, 05:41 AM
Aw the pumpkin is super cute!

eadwine
October 3rd, 2015, 05:44 AM
He's cross eyed too.. seems like :lol:

lapushka
October 3rd, 2015, 07:40 AM
It's here!! :D

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/jacks.jpg

And it's gorgeous! :D

eadwine
October 3rd, 2015, 07:51 AM
Thanks Lapushka. I am really glad I got it. It is such a different one from the rest, especially in this country where halloween is only getting started to being popular.

lazuliblue
October 3rd, 2015, 11:47 AM
I'm starting to want one Eadwine! I mean, I wanted one anyway, but I tried to restrain myself! I have really been enjoying Halloween these past few years and its definitely getting more popular here too.

Edit: oh they don't have any left. Well that has solved that dilemma :D

Estrid
October 3rd, 2015, 11:52 AM
The pumpkin is super fun! :)

I dislike not being able to track my flexis beyond the US, I want to stalk them all the way to my mailbox! Does anyone know which the final city in the US is before they go abroad? Last update I see now is "Shipment In Transit to Destination" from a place called Anaheim. I want to believe that I might have them by monday, but I'm not sure how realistic that would be.

ETA: nvm, it now reached LA, guess that will be the last city in the US, have a vague memory of it being that the last time I bought flexis.

eadwine
October 3rd, 2015, 01:02 PM
LA is the last one indeed. Here are the last bits of my pumpkin. After that you can track it no longer, but here it only takes one more day, since it got here on the 3rd.

10/2/2015 1:31 PM In Country Amsterdam, Netherlands
10/1/2015 8:00 AM In Transit To Country Los Angeles, CA
9/30/2015 9:56 PM Processed at USPS Gateway Los Angeles, CA

Estrid
October 3rd, 2015, 01:09 PM
LA is the last one indeed. Here are the last bits of my pumpkin. After that you can track it no longer, but here it only takes one more day, since it got here on the 3rd.

10/2/2015 1:31 PM In Country Amsterdam, Netherlands
10/1/2015 8:00 AM In Transit To Country Los Angeles, CA
9/30/2015 9:56 PM Processed at USPS Gateway Los Angeles, CA

Yeah, it usually only takes one day within Sweden too, but I never get to know by the tracking when it gets to Sweden. Why does it show when it hits the Netherlands but not Sweden? so unfair :p (or is it a new feature?)

eadwine
October 3rd, 2015, 01:17 PM
Not new to me, as long as I remember it showed when it arrived here. The previous system was better, I could track that all the way to my home.

Estrid
October 3rd, 2015, 01:22 PM
Not new to me, as long as I remember it showed when it arrived here. The previous system was better, I could track that all the way to my home.

Then it's just unfair! Guess I will have to wait until it leaves LA and assume it comes to Sweden the next day and then that I get it on the day after that...or the day after that (or whatever day comes after that if it don't arrive that day). A waiting game is what it is. :knit:

Hele
October 3rd, 2015, 01:29 PM
i love that owl and the jack o lantern! :)

i of course caved and ordered two of the new ones, here's Fall Harvest (it's just in time, it's very fall like today...plus i love the green beads):

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab76/heletwo/WEO/20151003_151138_resized%20640x374_zpsizsytzrd.jpg

and Charlotte's Web (my hair tends to be death to dangles but i still had to get this one):

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab76/heletwo/WEO/20151003_151431_resized%20640x331_zps3c7xj2fl.jpg

Estrid
October 3rd, 2015, 01:35 PM
i love that owl and the jack o lantern! :)

i of course caved and ordered two of the new ones, here's Fall Harvest (it's just in time, it's very fall like today...plus i love the green beads):

-

and Charlotte's Web (my hair tends to be death to dangles but i still had to get this one):

-

They look lovely! :) I hope you will share action shots, the leaf one was one of those I wanted but decided not to get.

eadwine
October 3rd, 2015, 01:36 PM
Gorgeous!! I have both on the way :) Can't wait!

KittyBird
October 3rd, 2015, 02:18 PM
So pretty, Hele! We bought the same ones. :D I'm looking forward to the action pics!

My tracking shows until the package arrives in Oslo. I usually forget all about the tracking though, I just guesstimate when it will arrive here.

cat11
October 3rd, 2015, 02:25 PM
I seriously cant wait to see an action shot of Charlotte's Web, even though I didn't get one. It's very unique looking.

parkmikii
October 3rd, 2015, 02:29 PM
Oh my, I am kind of sad that I didn't catch the Charlotte's Web flexi now..

dulce
October 3rd, 2015, 05:46 PM
Love all the pics but especially the spider and pumpkin and the hoot owl!So many lovelies to look at.

AlyBlu
October 3rd, 2015, 06:51 PM
Oh Great photos! I waffled about the Web, no kinda bummed.

Red.
October 3rd, 2015, 07:19 PM
Mine came today. Yay. :) Like I said, I went a teensy bit overboard. Sooo...
Pumpkin- http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=12446&attachmentid=19309

Festive leaves- http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=12446&attachmentid=19308

Flitter( I love this one soo much, been wanting one since I found out about Flexi's)- http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=12446&attachmentid=19307

Adorable little owl- http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=12446&attachmentid=19306

Snowflake- http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=12446&attachmentid=19300

Tree of life - http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=12446&attachmentid=19299

Autumn Harvest- http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/album.php?albumid=12446&attachmentid=19309
Well, I guess this one wants to show up as the pumpkin even though I'm completely sure I clicked the right one:hmm:

So I pretty much just acquired a little collection of Flexi's with one purchase. Not to mention the three I already have... :p

Edit: Ugh the links don't correspond with the right images. Let's see if I can fix this.

eadwine
October 4th, 2015, 01:02 AM
Yay my spiderweb is in the country. Likely Tuesday that it will get here (no mail on Monday).

Red. they look gorgeous :D That flitter is indeed special!

squirrrel
October 4th, 2015, 01:06 AM
Lovely photo's Red.

I have a mix of spiders (mini and small), a pumpkin (small) and an owl (also small) on their way to me. :) Decided to get several and if I get hit by customs then 'oh well then'. Also in a mostly halloween theme as know I'll be doing stuff to do with that at the end of the month. Will look at the more christmassy themed stuff in the next sale...

DreamSheep
October 4th, 2015, 07:44 AM
I've got back into the flexi-wearing bug. :-) Wore the kaleidoscope today and decided to experiment various styles:

Ponytail (it doesn't really hold because it is a Mega, unless I'm moving really slowly and I've freshly washed my hair which is somehow clingier! so really, this is not a viable style at this size)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/IMG_20151004_112443.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/magikspiffy/media/IMG_20151004_112443.jpg.html)

Nauthilus Bun (this was somehow the tidiest bun :-( I wish I could get the flexi pics to be a bit more polished and even (such as eadwine's pics, but this will have to do!)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/IMG_20151004_112028.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/magikspiffy/media/IMG_20151004_112028.jpg.html)

Weird Cinammon Bun half-up (this worked, but didn't look as good as I had hoped... also, my pose is odd because my joints are sore and I keep alternating between resting my weight on body halves, I never realised it was so obvious)
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/IMG_20151004_112302.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/magikspiffy/media/IMG_20151004_112302.jpg.html)

...and now it is back into the secure and easy Nauthilus style xD Probably looking as messy as the picture (or who knows, maybe looking pristine by Murphy's law because I'm not taking any more pictures).

Also, eadwine - that Jack'o'Lantern is gorgeous!! :D I wasn't too convinced about it myself, but after seeing it on your hair I have changed my mind :) I think it goes awesomely with your hair colour too, the perfect Halloween Flexi!
And Red - those flexi's look amazing on you! Especially Flitter, the Jack'o'Lantern and snowflake, I feel they complement the hair colour really well. :3
I like that Lilla Rose are releasing more FOTMs, because we get to see more lovely Flexi-pictures :)

ETA: the pics are supposedly cropped, but Photobucket being Photobucket means it needs some time...

eadwine
October 4th, 2015, 08:21 AM
Thanks Dreamsheep! :D

cat11
October 4th, 2015, 09:26 AM
Dreamsheep, you are drop dead gorgeous. I think the cinnabun half up would work better with a smaller flexi. But they all look good anyway. I love how versatile flexis are...

Groovy Granny
October 4th, 2015, 11:15 AM
I've got back into the flexi-wearing bug. :-)
I have no words......except that I hope you feel better soon!

Dreamsheep, you are drop dead gorgeous.
:agree: :thudpile:

DreamSheep
October 4th, 2015, 02:16 PM
Thanks Dreamsheep! :D
You're very welcome!

Dreamsheep, you are drop dead gorgeous. I think the cinnabun half up would work better with a smaller flexi. But they all look good anyway. I love how versatile flexis are...
Aww, thank you cat11! :)
I was hoping to get a nice, flat and well packed cinammonbun, but I didn't realise it unravelled until after taking the picture. I have an M, an L, and an XL flexi, so I could experiment with those, otherwise it is all megas (hence me asking the other day which you used to tie your braids off, because I like them but don't want to pay so much for them...)

I have no words......except that I hope you feel better soon!

:agree: :thudpile:
Aww, thanks! :) I'm pretty stressed out this week, so once it is over me & my joints will be feeling better. Don't know about the flexi bug though :p
You are very sweet <3

Groovy Granny
October 4th, 2015, 05:17 PM
Aww, thanks! :) I'm pretty stressed out this week, so once it is over me & my joints will be feeling better. Don't know about the flexi bug though :p
You are very sweet <3

Hope it passes quickly for you so you can relax; chill when you get home each night....tea...hot bath etc etc

Oh that 'flexi bug'....there is no cure I heard ;)

Valkyriejae
October 5th, 2015, 06:08 AM
For those of you who are international, have you tried tracking the packages through your national postal service? I recall in the past this only worked in Canada, but I can still track my package once it crosses the border by putting the same tracking # into Canada Post... Maybe some other countries will have this feature now too?

eadwine
October 5th, 2015, 06:18 AM
Unfortunately for us this isn't possible.

Estrid
October 5th, 2015, 12:42 PM
I've tried to type in the US tracking umber in the Swedish tracking system many times in the past, it has never worked.

I suspect that I will recieve my flexis any day now.

/Margo
(I need to come up with a better way to do this)

Theobroma
October 5th, 2015, 12:54 PM
My owl is in-country, so it should reach me in the next few days. The second one wasn't shipped until several days later and hasn't got very far yet, sadly.

rags
October 5th, 2015, 01:24 PM
Did anyone with silvers or else blond hair order the owl? He's so cute - and still available! Argh.

I have a mini Charlotte's Web coming. I wasn't going to get it but I caved. :p

Theobroma
October 5th, 2015, 02:07 PM
Rags, I have silvers and I love gold hairtoys, I think they suit my colouring much better than silver, which I used to avoid entirely. These days I'll wear antiqued silver, but the very bright stuff is still too cool-toned to work for me.

rags
October 5th, 2015, 02:37 PM
I seem to be able to get by with the silvers - although I notice I like the colored ones now more than the solid silvers. I seldom wear those nowadays, whilst copper rose was a favorite before I cut (and the mini still is!) so perhaps you're right. The minis still look fine though, probably because they're so small. Thanks, Theobroma!

I don't need another flexi, I don't need another flexi.....:lala:

Theobroma
October 5th, 2015, 03:43 PM
I don't need another flexi either... but that isn't stopping me from coveting a PAIR of owl minis to wear as side accents along with the big one! I clearly need my head read... :D

Kherome
October 5th, 2015, 03:55 PM
Got mine today. It's the green one (Olivia???) and it's lovely. A very beautiful peridot green and bright shiny gold.

ETA (Sorry it's so dark)

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj135/iwasbornonahorse/12109157_10153683134579726_8448629434679334139_n_z psnlfxi3n9.jpg (http://s271.photobucket.com/user/iwasbornonahorse/media/12109157_10153683134579726_8448629434679334139_n_z psnlfxi3n9.jpg.html)

eadwine
October 5th, 2015, 10:35 PM
It looks gorgeous! Can't wait for mine to get here :)

lazuliblue
October 6th, 2015, 01:19 AM
I tried the tracking number with Royal Mail but it didn't work. All three are in the country so maybe I will get one this morning!

Kherome it looks beautiful in your hair.

Edit: Ahhh they arrived while I was out! And they are so lovely!! I got the charlotte's web, the owl and the fall harvest. I wish I had got the colours on parade and will hopefully do so if they restock. I don't know why I waited so long to get some more flexis because they really are pretty and make a nice change from hair sticks.

eadwine
October 6th, 2015, 07:49 AM
Yay, the web is here.

Excuse the hair, I actually walked through a web several times today :lol: I was trying to get the webbing out, which worked, but the hair got kinda wonky.

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/spider2s.jpg

There are TWO danglies in there. One is on the web itself. I never noticed until I got it in :lol:

The other two are still waiting to get shipped, I will share when those get here. :)

lazuliblue
October 6th, 2015, 08:56 AM
I didn't realise both spiders were dangly either...the one on the web can sit to the side slightly so it looks like its actually crawling on my hair too which is pretty cool. It looks really good in your hair Eadwine!

cat11
October 6th, 2015, 09:45 AM
Eadwine that looks great against your dark red hair!

eadwine
October 6th, 2015, 10:28 AM
Thanks you two!!

Estrid
October 6th, 2015, 10:58 AM
I love that green one in your hair, Kherome! I regret not buying that one

The web is gorgeous too, eadwine! I really love the silver with your hair colour :)

My flexis did not come today, so maybe tomorrow (who knows).

/Margo

Kherome
October 6th, 2015, 11:38 AM
It's much prettier than my bad picture shows. I love that the center piece isn't so tiny and that the 8 beads are colorful instead of plain metal like most are.

KittyBird
October 6th, 2015, 02:18 PM
Beautiful, Eadwine and Kherome!

Both Charlotte's Web and Fall Leaves arrived today, but I only have action pictures of the spider clip. I love it!
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Hair2/DSC_0055%20copy_zpsl4qaaoxr.jpg

lazuliblue
October 6th, 2015, 02:36 PM
It looks wonderful KittyBird! Does it jingle sometimes when you move around? I can occasionally hear the spider on the web rattling around! :D I have saved my other two flexis for Christmas but obviously I need the spider one for Halloween.

eadwine
October 6th, 2015, 02:39 PM
That is one great picture!! :D Lovely :D

Quasiquixotic
October 6th, 2015, 03:10 PM
wow Kittybird, you make me what to buy everything you put in your hair...:thud:

maria_asa
October 7th, 2015, 02:13 AM
Oh, I love the spider one and now regret I didn't order it while it was still available. Might be good though since dangles usually eat my hair. For those of you who have one, do you think it would be possible to simply remove the lower dangle? I don't think the spider who is up in the web would cause that much trouble but the other one just wont work for me and it's good to know for when/if it comes back in stock.

My shipping confirmation came yesterday which means that there will be at least one week more before mine arrives. :(

parkmikii
October 7th, 2015, 03:25 AM
Oh, I love the spider one and now regret I didn't order it while it was still available. Might be good though since dangles usually eat my hair. For those of you who have one, do you think it would be possible to simply remove the lower dangle? I don't think the spider who is up in the web would cause that much trouble but the other one just wont work for me and it's good to know for when/if it comes back in stock.

My shipping confirmation came yesterday which means that there will be at least one week more before mine arrives. :(

I think it is possible to cut it with some strong scissors. I too an a tiny sorry I didn't catch the spider..

lazuliblue
October 7th, 2015, 11:06 AM

Yes you would be able to remove it, you wouldn't even need to cut it because the little ring will just prise apart. In fact I want to close the ring on mine up a bit more because I am worried that the spider might fall off!

AlyBlu
October 7th, 2015, 12:54 PM
Those are some gorgeous photos!!!

DreamSheep - you have some truly stunning hair!

I really like the action shots of the Olivia! I passed on the Web and am now kinda bummed that I did.

KittyBird
October 7th, 2015, 12:59 PM
Thank you lazuliblue, eadwine and quasi! It doesn't jingle when I move around, only if I'm moving the clip itself or the bun (sometimes I get itchy underneath the bun) :p

eadwine
October 7th, 2015, 01:06 PM
It jingles for me when I move around, but not as much as a ring on a hairstick or something. It's a funny little sound to hear :)

Estrid
October 7th, 2015, 01:58 PM
That spiderweb looks so pretty on all of you, wonder if I made a mistake when I didn't grab one.

My flexis came today, and I was prepared for the tawny to have an off center blue thing in the center piece, but on top of that the entire centerpiece tilted heavily to the side when I put it in my hair. And boy, it drove me nuts (it looked really weird). In the beginning (first 5 min of being upset) all on my mind was "I have to ask for a new one", but I decided to bend up the back part of this one and by doing that I located the problem. I tried to fix it, gave up after a while since the thing wasn't moving at all in my eyes...but then I put it back and voilà, it does not tilt to the side anymore! only down (or up, depending on from which direction you insert the stick), and I can live with that.

So here is the tawny (in what probably is the most sturdy bun I've ever had, didn't move at all! + I think I picked the right size):

http://oi60.tinypic.com/15qvksg.jpg

(Was hard getting a decent photo, it is pitch-black outside and I have no good light in here)

The XS ones I got are cute too, but I'll post action shots of those another time :o

/Margo

cat11
October 7th, 2015, 02:33 PM
I received mine too. Three smalls. I got them to make tighter braid tassels and they are perfect. They aren't new flex is but I'll probably take action shots soon anyway. I got dream catcher and rays of sun, which i already had in xl for the dream catcher and l for the rays of sun, and then an emerald dream. I was a little annoyed though because the center piece was crooked and I had to bend it. It's still not perfect. I have noticed this is allot more common during a sale, it's happened to me before too. Oh well I guess, still love flex is.

I've realized I have all the ones I want for now. Unless they release Charlotte s web again.

wool
October 7th, 2015, 03:59 PM
I need sizing help!! I have been eyeing flexis for a year or two but have such a hard time deciding which to get in which size!! I am trying to figure out what sizes will work for different styles so if anyone is an i/ii or i hair type what sizes do you use for ponytail, buns, braid tassel etc? :ponder:

rags
October 7th, 2015, 04:12 PM
I am a i (pony used to be 1.75" before the shed started. so I'll go with that). 1a/f/1 - I doubt you'll be able to use them for braid tassels unless you have an elastic underneath and just put them for decoration. They will slide right off.

I use a mini for half-ups, though a lot use an extra small. A lot depends on how much your hair compresses, and how it's distributed. I have much less hair in front of my ears than most people, so I can do a mini. Ponytail is an extra small for me (and have to cheat to make them work because they're loose, so if you're truly right at 2", that should work). At BSL, a medium for most buns. Hope that helped!

My Web, which I managed to get from my consultant because I wasn't at home until later in the day of the sale - has evidently decided to go on a trip of its own and is now in the Southeasr (Pheonix, to be exact), whilst both th consultant and I are on the east coast. :suspect:

jennareid
October 7th, 2015, 04:30 PM
Managed to find a Sunflower in XL through a consultant, I was too slow when they first came out. I don't know how I ever thought I could fit a medium, the only other two I have are that size. I love the Sunflower one. I don't know what kind of bun this is, I do this one pretty much all the time. I think it might be as close to a lazy wrap I can get at this length. The problem when I use a stick is that it can start to flop a bit and I'll lose strands throughout the day and have to redo it. The flexi feels completely solid though, and squishes it all down so it can't escape. I hate myself though because this means I have to buy more.

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/jennareid2/PHOTO_20151007_180839-1_zpse9yro3xj.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/jennareid2/PHOTO_20151007_180815-1_zpsy5fkap9p.jpg

DollyDagger
October 7th, 2015, 04:35 PM
I've realized I have all the ones I want for now. Unless they release Charlotte s web again.
Until they relase the next little awesome fall/holiday thingy...lol I didnt get the spiderweb either and Im still jonsing for that ray of sunshine..it matches my ankle tattoo. I hope it;ll be around for a while still. I will grab one another day :sun:

DollyDagger
October 7th, 2015, 04:36 PM
jennareid That's gorgeous in your...:) glad you snagged one!

wool
October 7th, 2015, 04:41 PM
Thanks Rags! That definitely helps!

Estrid
October 7th, 2015, 06:16 PM
My happyness was short lived

http://oi61.tinypic.com/o6hcuv.jpg

The wooden pearl (edit: I think it is called 'bead' in English, right?) just broke in half, what kind of crap quality is this? First it is all crooked, and then it breaks on the first day... I'm not sure if I even want a second one :shrug:

cat11
October 7th, 2015, 06:28 PM
If you write them they should give you a new one plus another free one

Estrid
October 7th, 2015, 06:39 PM
If you write them they should give you a new one plus another free one

I did write to them, I am a bit sceptical to it all now though, I've bought 7 flexis total, 2 have been crooked, one twisted (don't even know how that is possible) and now a wooden bead breaks. If they send me a new one it kinda has to be perfect for me to ever dare to buy anything from there again.

...or well, I would probably dare to buy XS ones, since I've never had issues with the smaller ones. But it kinda sucks, it was comfortable to have the XL one in a bun! (the short time I had it)

wonder what I should do with the one with a broken bead...

DollyDagger
October 7th, 2015, 06:55 PM
Margo- Thats too bad. I can understand your dissappointment and frustration, but these things happen, even with the more expensive hair stuff. I have found their customer service to be excellent though.

as you wish :) I changed it to Margo for you.

Estrid
October 7th, 2015, 06:59 PM
I suppose that is true, I wouldn't have become this sceptical to flexi 8s if this was the first one I had problems with, but now I feel like I'm cursed or something. I never bothered to contact them about the other ones, the twisted one looks funny, but is completely wearable anyway. The other crooked one...well I gave that one away, and it wasn't as bad as this one.

And please, Margo will do better than Estrid ;)

cat11
October 7th, 2015, 07:06 PM
You could turn the beads into earrings if you don't return it!! And the middle part into a pendant.

Estrid
October 7th, 2015, 07:11 PM
You could turn the beads into earrings if you don't return it!! And the middle part into a pendant.

They would want me to send it back? sounds like a hassle, haha.

I suppose I could make other jewelry with the beads, but they're not really my style when it comes to anything, I liked the combo for my hair, but as other type of jewelry? hm..

DollyDagger
October 7th, 2015, 07:13 PM
I suppose that is true, I wouldn't have become this sceptical to flexi 8s if this was the first one I had problems with, but now I feel like I'm cursed or something. I never bothered to contact them about the other ones, the twisted one looks funny, but is completely wearable anyway. The other crooked one...well I gave that one away, and it wasn't as bad as this one.

And please, Margo will do better than Estrid ;)
Sometimes it seems the fates are conspiring.
I've had this happen where whatever can go wrong with an undertaking...does.
This time contact them for sure though! Similar has happened to others with flexis and more..Usually the company will try to make you happy again.

Can you try to glue the bead..? Looks like its split perfectly in 2..

Estrid
October 7th, 2015, 07:18 PM
This time contact them for sure though! Similar has happened to others with flexis and more..Usually the company will try to make you happy again.

Yeah, I'm happy I've never had any issues with other hair toys...yet

I did contact them, I suppose I might not get an answer till tomorrow (or I don't know how long they'll take to reply), so now I think I will sleep.

Bracelet! I could make a bracelet out of the beads! I am not as picky when it comes to things around my wrists, for some reason. Will have to see if they want it back first.

Techmouse
October 7th, 2015, 09:22 PM
I just ordered Carmine and Olivia. They should arrive next week.

JadedByEntropy
October 8th, 2015, 01:03 PM
Estrid, I second DollyDagger's idea. It split so perfectly that gluing it back should be the easiest fix. I use gel-type superglue for beads fairly often and on wood it should be better than permanent.

Can you try to glue the bead..? Looks like its split perfectly in 2..

Estrid
October 8th, 2015, 01:21 PM
Estrid, I second DollyDagger's idea. It split so perfectly that gluing it back should be the easiest fix. I use gel-type superglue for beads fairly often and on wood it should be better than permanent.

The whole thing is crooked again, so I'm not sure if there is any idea to try to fix it, I might as well just turn it into something else, I'm not sure if I would feel comfortable wearing it if I succeeded to fix it again, it just feels like a doomed pretty clip.

I suppose I could make the bead whole again, but I don't think I would dare have it in a flexi clip after that, I'm not sure how it happened, but my guess is that some pressure was on that bead, and gluing it together again wouldnt make it stronger.

Yeah, doomed clip >_>

/Margo

DollyDagger
October 8th, 2015, 06:17 PM
The whole thing is crooked again, so I'm not sure if there is any idea to try to fix it, I might as well just turn it into something else, I'm not sure if I would feel comfortable wearing it if I succeeded to fix it again, it just feels like a doomed pretty clip.

I suppose I could make the bead whole again, but I don't think I would dare have it in a flexi clip after that, I'm not sure how it happened, but my guess is that some pressure was on that bead, and gluing it together again wouldnt make it stronger.

Yeah, doomed clip >_>

/Margo

One Margos doomed clip is another gals treasure :) Maybe you could re-purpose it somehow or pass it on to someone else who could find a use for it.
Im curious to know if you heard back from the company though...?

Estrid
October 8th, 2015, 10:49 PM
One Margos doomed clip is another gals treasure :) Maybe you could re-purpose it somehow or pass it on to someone else who could find a use for it.
Im curious to know if you heard back from the company though...?

Haha, I suppose someone crafty might be able to fix it, I tried really hard to fix the issue with it being crooked, but the little wire wouldnt move, even when using tools ment for things like it. But I suppose there are more skilled people than me out there.

I heard back from them, they asked for a photo and I sent them the same one I posted on here, with the split bead. It is a bit hard to photo the crookedness, that is mainly visible when bending the clip to make it go around the bun, not sure how to explain it. It still looks way better than it did when I got it though, but when the bead split the wire under the closure started moving around, so if someone wants to fix it they probably need to open it up again.

I never noticed that it says "1 year guarantee" on their site, but that is good I suppose, this bead certainly didn't last a year.

/Margo

Estrid
October 9th, 2015, 01:23 AM
On to happier things! Here is one of the XS flexis I bought :)

http://oi59.tinypic.com/ilzypc.jpg

I like it!

/Margo

parkmikii
October 9th, 2015, 02:01 AM
That XS is lovely, Margo ^^

eadwine
October 9th, 2015, 02:14 AM
That looks great indeed :D

two_wheels
October 9th, 2015, 12:34 PM
XS flexi is perfect on you Margo!

My olivia arrived :)
http://i.imgur.com/U6kRMSu.jpg

eadwine
October 9th, 2015, 12:39 PM
It's lovely!! Man I can't wait for mine to get shipped.

Estrid
October 9th, 2015, 04:26 PM
Thank you, all! I'll wear the other XS that I got tomorrow :)

That clip is beautiful, two_wheels! I wish I had grabbed that one too now, seeing you and the others with it.... it is just so pretty (and greeeen)!

They've sent me a new Tawny, I am very excited and really hope this one will be "perfect" (perfect as in not terribly crooked and beads staying together). I suppose I'll recieve it next week or the week after that. The one I have now... I'm not sure what I should do with it. I will leave it in my little hair toy-box till I know :)

/Margo

butter52
October 10th, 2015, 03:16 AM
I got a Tawny today and ooooooh so prettyyyyyy. I hope the beads dont break :S

By the way, do we have a flexy swap thread? Should we have one?

eadwine
October 10th, 2015, 03:23 AM
There is a swap board down below :)

butter52
October 10th, 2015, 08:31 AM
There is a swap board down below :)
Yes I meant if there is a thread there only for flexy trade, like the ficcare trade one.
I havent seen one for flexis, if people are interested we could open one.

cat11
October 10th, 2015, 08:34 AM
I love the Olivine on you two_wheels. I think it looks really good in person, reminds me of ruby bouquet.

missblueeyes
October 10th, 2015, 11:42 AM
Yes I meant if there is a thread there only for flexy trade, like the ficcare trade one.
I havent seen one for flexis, if people are interested we could open one.

I think that's actually a really great idea. We should totally open one! I think it would especially come in handy for size swaps! :)

dulce
October 10th, 2015, 04:01 PM
That is a great idea!!!

butter52
October 10th, 2015, 04:47 PM
I opened the Flexi 8 trading post!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=134448&p=3099759#post3099759

Lisa Long4Life
October 11th, 2015, 06:52 AM
According to the tracking mine has been "in country" (I assume as in arrived in the UK) for a week.
It hasn't got to me yet though :(

squirrrel
October 11th, 2015, 09:03 AM
I'm the sme Lisa. Guess we just have to wait patiently...

Lisa Long4Life
October 11th, 2015, 01:44 PM
I'm the sme Lisa. Guess we just have to wait patiently...

at least it's not just me :)

JadedByEntropy
October 11th, 2015, 07:21 PM
I'd like a flexi swap board. lots of older ones i'd love to get.

MsPharaohMoan
October 12th, 2015, 12:08 PM
I've decided for my 1 year anniversary to get my absolute favorite flexi, the filigree dragonfly! Gunna try a large first and hopefully that will be enough... Anyways, while signing up it says I can say who referred me, I'm guessing that person would get a discount or coupon? I'd love to give someone that, whoever gives me their member ID first can have it :)

eadwine
October 12th, 2015, 01:08 PM
843259 :)

But there is nothing like a coupon or anything associated with that that I know of :) Congrats on your first!

MsPharaohMoan
October 12th, 2015, 01:38 PM
Too bad... It's been ordered! So excited. Apparently I don't need to pay customs if the order is less than 20$... Since the price is 16 USD, that makes the CAD price 20.8, hopefully they look at the US price! ;)

Lisa Long4Life
October 13th, 2015, 11:37 AM
Mine's at the post office, waiting for the customs fee to be paid. I probably won't be able to get there until Saturday.

lazuliblue
October 13th, 2015, 03:01 PM
Mine's at the post office, waiting for the customs fee to be paid. I probably won't be able to get there until Saturday.

Good to hear that they have arrived though. I hope that you can fetch them soon!

Sunny Sunshine
October 16th, 2015, 09:48 AM
hey there.

i get my hoot flexi today. i looove them!

http://abload.de/img/20151016_152710-18kkxa.jpg (http://abload.de/image.php?img=20151016_152710-18kkxa.jpg)

DreamSheep
October 16th, 2015, 11:03 AM
Oh my gosh that Hoot flexi is beautiful (and so is your hair!) <3 It works beautifully! Is it a Mega?

Sunny Sunshine
October 16th, 2015, 11:13 AM
yes its size mega :) thank you very much! i love the flexi!!!

Theobroma
October 16th, 2015, 12:29 PM
Beautiful, Sunny Sunshine! I have it in XL and I love it to bits! :crush:

AlyBlu
October 16th, 2015, 08:09 PM
Watch you emails early next week!

AlyBlu
October 16th, 2015, 08:14 PM
Woah!!! New toys are coming out! Let me see if I can link photos!

AlyBlu
October 16th, 2015, 08:57 PM
Not so good with photos yet. Here is one of the new ones.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/AlyBlu/image.jpg1_8.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/AlyBlu/media/image.jpg1_8.jpg.html)

AlyBlu
October 16th, 2015, 09:00 PM
http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d20/AlyBlu/image.jpg1_9.jpg (http://s32.photobucket.com/user/AlyBlu/media/image.jpg1_9.jpg.html)

eadwine
October 16th, 2015, 11:54 PM
Th first one looks neat! :)

AlyBlu
October 17th, 2015, 12:45 AM
There are more, but trying to load off my ipad was getting on my nerves

KittyBird
October 17th, 2015, 01:56 AM
Finally got some pictures of the fall leaves flexi! I got it in size small.

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Hair2/DSC_0053%20copy_zps6k0jlqla.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s518/KittehBird/Hair2/DSC_0054%20copy_zpseymuqkso.jpg

eadwine
October 17th, 2015, 02:06 AM
Very pretty in your hair!! :D

KittyBird
October 17th, 2015, 02:18 AM
Thank you, eadwine! :D

Theobroma
October 17th, 2015, 04:11 AM
That style was made to go with your colouring, KittyBird!

Caitrìona
October 17th, 2015, 07:01 AM
Here are some pictures of the new ones :) I don't really like any of them though...
https://www.facebook.com/LillaroseCrazyforsavings/posts/1062809827074851

eadwine
October 17th, 2015, 07:19 AM
I think I am in the clear as well.. oof!

KittyBird
October 17th, 2015, 08:35 AM
Thank you, Theobroma!

I kind of like the orange and silver butterfly with the danglies.. :p

AlyBlu
October 17th, 2015, 10:15 AM
That festive leaf looks gorgeous in your hair!

I really like the new centerpeice on the red one.

KittyBird
October 17th, 2015, 10:46 AM
Thank you AlyBlu!
I just remembered something.. The flexis with danglies tend to cost a lot more, so I probably won't get the butterfly anyway, even if there's a sale. I don't like it that much.

cat11
October 17th, 2015, 12:45 PM
Could someone post a pic or direct link one from another site or image hosting site? I cant see them since they're on FB :(

Estrid
October 17th, 2015, 12:56 PM
Well, I could try to directlink it, do you see it? (https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/12074855_1062809593741541_2816255170284442877_n.jp g?oh=53e688867c9ad91e0d5eba0e7fcf5970&oe=568EB805)

/Margo

two_wheels
October 17th, 2015, 03:23 PM
I got a hoot!!
http://i.imgur.com/W7yTHCO.jpg

cat11
October 17th, 2015, 03:44 PM
Well, I could try to directlink it, do you see it? (https://scontent-ams3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xlp1/v/t1.0-9/12074855_1062809593741541_2816255170284442877_n.jp g?oh=53e688867c9ad91e0d5eba0e7fcf5970&oe=568EB805)

/Margo

Thank you!!

Yes I can see it. I really like the Red one, I might get that one. I have a red and gold but have had a couple times where I wished I had a red and silver.

Quasiquixotic
October 17th, 2015, 03:47 PM
I got a hoot!!
http://i.imgur.com/W7yTHCO.jpg

Wheelie I LOVE the Hoot. You enable me strong with this one...:run: :couch:

two_wheels
October 17th, 2015, 03:50 PM
Wheelie I LOVE the Hoot. You enable me strong with this one...:run: :couch:

Speaks the enabler-in-chief.... not sorry!

Crystawni
October 17th, 2015, 06:45 PM
While your hair is having a Hoot, something small and menacing climbed into my hair...

https://i.imgur.com/CWTRKLi.jpg

I received my Charlotte's Web (small) a couple of days ago, and happily wore it while shopping today. :)

https://i.imgur.com/0aiLVvV.jpg

cat11
October 17th, 2015, 07:02 PM
^ :0 :0

Beautiful!

AlyBlu
October 17th, 2015, 09:13 PM
Absolutely gorgeous! Love the way the web looks.

yogagirl
October 18th, 2015, 11:13 AM
Ok, so I'm close to breaking down and getting my first flexi :o It's you guys' fault for posting all your pretties and those last three action pics pretty much sealed the deal :thudpile:

I'd like to use it for LWB and disc buns. I'm ii (3 inches) and waist length but short torso-ed and have layers, so think BSL/waist-ish. I'm only going to grow another 5 inches roughly. I have a beaded 8 from keepitup in size 4.50 and it fits nicely for my intended use.

Which size would you suggest for me? I was thinking L, but looking forward to input from the pros. TIA :flower:

two_wheels
October 18th, 2015, 11:25 AM
Ok, so I'm close to breaking down and getting my first flexi :o It's you guys' fault for posting all your pretties and those last three action pics pretty much sealed the deal :thudpile:

I'd like to use it for LWB and disc buns. I'm ii (3 inches) and waist length but short torso-ed and have layers, so think BSL/waist-ish. I'm only going to grow another 5 inches roughly. I have a beaded 8 from keepitup in size 4.50 and it fits nicely for my intended use.

Which size would you suggest for me? I was thinking L, but looking forward to input from the pros. TIA :flower:

I think you're my hairtwin. That's an XL in the picture. Most of the time L is fine for me but at the moment my hair kind of travels through the day and engulfs L ones and then I have to spend ages untangling it, so XLs are what I'm wearing now. For a braided bun though, L or even M are ok.

eadwine
October 18th, 2015, 01:35 PM
I'd go for M, it can go a long way with different insertion points.

lazuliblue
October 18th, 2015, 02:10 PM
I was thinking medium or large. My hair is 3 inches circumference, although I'm not at waist yet (2 inches or so away), and I can still use a small but the rest are mediums.

missblueeyes
October 18th, 2015, 03:55 PM
@yogagirl: I wouldn't go for anything smaller than a L
My ponytail circumfence is a little smaller than yours but my hair is a little longer and I'm just outgrowing my L's.
I tried on a XL recently and I like the fit much more. It feels so much more comfortable than squishing all my hair into a L.

AlyBlu
October 18th, 2015, 07:59 PM
Yogagirl...I think a large you do it for you. Have you checked the sizing guide?

Watch for emails!

Saproxylic
October 19th, 2015, 05:17 AM
I'm thinking of adding a flexi8 to my Christmas wishlist, but I'm unsure about so many things. I suppose I need an XS for my ponytail, and even XXS if I plan on doing half ups (I really don't have a lot of hair and it's not grabby) and maybe S would do for twists and blobs (I can't do proper buns yet), but the super teeny tiny ones look somewhat awkward in photos. Do they actually work well in real life? Does someone have an action shot on the tiny ones?

(Also, how much is shipping to EU usually?)

Crystawni
October 19th, 2015, 05:31 AM
Here's one of mine. This was my first flexi, and now have a hoard of them in all sizes but mega (XXL), so yup, I was in trouble...

I've been drooling from the shadows for a while, but only just got my first evah Flexi today! It's a mini Heart Bloom I scored from nuvola on the swap board, and I'm sooooo happy I can actually wear my braid out in public, instead of wrapped in a daggy hair tie for sleeping only. It can haz blingz! :happydance:

And looking at the recent lovelies on here, I can see I have a problem (especially the open gold flower)! Gah! I do have another mini and 2 large pretties heading my way via the swap board, so am eager to see how the different sizes go. I think I'll only need the smaller ones for low ponytails, etc., and keep to forks and sticks for most of my buns. I guess. I s'pose. I dunno. I'm screwed, aren't I...

Half up, loose braid, and a tad tighter over-the-shoulder braid:

https://i.imgur.com/V60ve5A.jpg

rags
October 19th, 2015, 07:03 AM
I wear a mini (xxsmall) for half-ups. My hair is fine and thin, and used to be like Teflon, and I could still use them (nowadays the silvers are less slippery, as they have a bit of wave to them). In my opinion, (just MY opinion, others may think differently!), I think they look better when the center piece is smaller if you're using them for half-ups (but some might like that look). Also, the larger centerpieces (especially dangly ones) add just enough weight that they tend to slide out for me. Just sloooowly over the day slide down my head. :p

I might have a small dragon horde of minis. :wannabe: I tend to wear them a LOT. :p

Larger centerpiece (I need to sell this one, I never wear it unless I've done waves or curls)
http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv18/raggsj38/hair%20photos/Hairtoy%20challenge/006640x480.jpg (http://s665.photobucket.com/user/raggsj38/media/hair%20photos/Hairtoy%20challenge/006640x480.jpg.html)

And a couple of smaller ones:
http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv18/raggsj38/hair%20photos/Hairtoy%20challenge/001640x480-2.jpg (http://s665.photobucket.com/user/raggsj38/media/hair%20photos/Hairtoy%20challenge/001640x480-2.jpg.html)

http://i665.photobucket.com/albums/vv18/raggsj38/hair%20photos/Hairtoy%20challenge/015.jpg (http://s665.photobucket.com/user/raggsj38/media/hair%20photos/Hairtoy%20challenge/015.jpg.html)

I know these pics all zoom in on the toy - that's because they were taken for the WEO challenge. Which I totally cheated at regarding my mini flexis, and only wore less than half of them. I was in there long enough as it was! :p SHH, don't tell!! :lol:

Saproxylic
October 19th, 2015, 08:30 AM
Thank you ladies! They do look adorable. Do want! I especially love the copper rose one!

Groovy Granny
October 19th, 2015, 09:51 AM
I wear a mini (xxsmall) for half-ups. My hair is fine and thin, and used to be like Teflon, and I could still use them (nowadays the silvers are less slippery, as they have a bit of wave to them).

Cute :)
I cannot believe how similar we are in hair color!
That middle pic could pass for mine~ Wow lol

rags
October 19th, 2015, 11:19 AM
Cute :)
I cannot believe how similar we are in hair color!
That middle pic could pass for mine~ Wow lol

I saw one of your pics when you first started back posting here and did a double take! :p. The middle pic is the truest to my real hair colour, though it washes out the silver a bit.

yogagirl
October 19th, 2015, 01:57 PM
Thanks everybody for your size recommendations! I'm tempted to buy one of each size haha, but I need to be good, so I'll probably try L and go from there.

Groovy Granny
October 19th, 2015, 02:23 PM
I saw one of your pics when you first started back posting here and did a double take! :p. The middle pic is the truest to my real hair colour, though it washes out the silver a bit.
I also look like your other two pics depending on the light.
Too funny :laugh:

Hair twinnies :hifive:

dulce
October 19th, 2015, 10:55 PM
It appears they are not restocking the jack e lantern or the spider web,when I asked on their company webpage.

Estrid
October 20th, 2015, 01:08 PM
I recieved my new tawny today! I really hope this one lasts forever.

crappy actionshot (with lame attempt of holding ends back with clawclip):

http://oi58.tinypic.com/5ote2t.jpg

And this did amaze me, the blue thing is centered on this one! I was not expecting that

http://oi59.tinypic.com/qzj0u9.jpg

/Margo

eadwine
October 20th, 2015, 01:55 PM
Good to hear that they followed through with that, I knew because I reported it in an email exchange and they said they would change it :)

AlyBlu
October 20th, 2015, 05:29 PM
Gorgeous Tawny. I always think, not yet when I look at the site - but when I see action shots - I want!

Estrid
October 20th, 2015, 09:17 PM
I'm very happy and thankful that they gave me a new one, got so sad when the bead broke on the other one (and that the crooked-ness came back with that, felt like that flexi did not feel my love at all).

At the moment this flexi is the only thing that can keep my hair in a bun for hours and hours (that crappy bun up there lasted till I took it down, approx. 5h). Now I might dare to buy more XL flexis ;) but I am on a time-out, so not now :o

/Margo

Quasiquixotic
October 20th, 2015, 09:52 PM
Gorgeous Tawny. I always think, not yet when I look at the site - but when I see action shots - I want!

Oh I am the exact same way with this one. Gah!

MsPharaohMoan
October 20th, 2015, 10:00 PM
Thanks everybody for your size recommendations! I'm tempted to buy one of each size haha, but I need to be good, so I'll probably try L and go from there.

This is what I did too... Gah, can't wait! -bounces off walls-

AlyBlu
October 20th, 2015, 10:06 PM
I'm very happy and thankful that they gave me a new one, got so sad when the bead broke on the other one (and that the crooked-ness came back with that, felt like that flexi did not feel my love at all).

At the moment this flexi is the only thing that can keep my hair in a bun for hours and hours (that crappy bun up there lasted till I took it down, approx. 5h). Now I might dare to buy more XL flexis ;) but I am on a time-out, so not now :o

/Margo
I am the same. The only thing that keeps my hair up and does not give me headaches.

parkmikii
October 22nd, 2015, 12:32 PM
Random question, but how long does it take for people living in Europe to get their flexi? I ordered mine on the sale from the beginning of October and it still didn't reach me yet. The tracking code says that it's apparently been in the country for 10 days already :(

Estrid
October 22nd, 2015, 12:42 PM
I am the same. The only thing that keeps my hair up and does not give me headaches.

I really hope my hair sticks will be able to keep my hair up for long when my hair is longer since I got so many of them (and love them). Guess only time can tell.

parkmikii, they usually arrive after a week for me, so that sounds strange. I hope it find its way to you soon, so sad when things get lost.

/Margo

eadwine
October 22nd, 2015, 01:27 PM
Sometimes it takes a week and a half, but most times after it has shipped it's here within the week. On stupidly fast days only three days.

parkmikii
October 22nd, 2015, 01:44 PM
They've just replied to my inquiry and apparently it can take even 8 weeks.. can't wait to get the hoot..

eadwine
October 22nd, 2015, 02:08 PM
Whhhaat?? EIGHT weeks?? geez. *shakes head*

Just got word that the leaf flexi got shipped, yay!

parkmikii
October 22nd, 2015, 02:19 PM
Whhhaat?? EIGHT weeks?? geez. *shakes head*

Just got word that the leaf flexi got shipped, yay!

Yes..its been at the customs office in my country for almost 2 weeks now and it just doesn't want to arrive :/

Lisa Long4Life
October 24th, 2015, 06:08 AM
Random question, but how long does it take for people living in Europe to get their flexi? I ordered mine on the sale from the beginning of October and it still didn't reach me yet. The tracking code says that it's apparently been in the country for 10 days already :(

Mine finally arrived today, I could've had them last week if I'd have paid the customs charge when the card arrived but I thought I could pay at the post office. Then when I got there I didn't have cash and they don't accept cards, so I had to pay online and that put the delivery back. I work during the week so I didn't want to have it delivered while I wasn't in so chose today.

They are beautiful, and really easy to use :) I've got the Compass Rose and Soaring Butterfly in XL. However, I'm left handed so I need to learn how to use the butterfly with my right hand otherwise its upside down.

I will get photos later after I've washed my hair. It's day 4 currently so a bit yuck. :p

eadwine
October 24th, 2015, 06:14 AM
Awww man.. if you'd have told us that little fact we could have told you to email them and tell them right after the order was made to flip the pin for a lefty! :/ But I am glad you are happy with them :)

two_wheels
October 24th, 2015, 06:26 AM
Mine finally arrived today, I could've had them last week if I'd have paid the customs charge when the card arrived but I thought I could pay at the post office. Then when I got there I didn't have cash and they don't accept cards, so I had to pay online and that put the delivery back. I work during the week so I didn't want to have it delivered while I wasn't in so chose today.

They are beautiful, and really easy to use :) I've got the Compass Rose and Soaring Butterfly in XL. However, I'm left handed so I need to learn how to use the butterfly with my right hand otherwise its upside down.

I will get photos later after I've washed my hair. It's day 4 currently so a bit yuck. :p
Next time get them shipped separately- should avoid a customs charge that way, and the extra shipping is way less than the customs fee :)

Lisa Long4Life
October 24th, 2015, 06:33 AM
Awww man.. if you'd have told us that little fact we could have told you to email them and tell them right after the order was made to flip the pin for a lefty! :/ But I am glad you are happy with them :)

Yes I didn't realise that it was possible until I read more of the thread :/ It never occurred to me that there would be a difference. Doh!

Lisa Long4Life
October 24th, 2015, 06:34 AM
Next time get them shipped separately- should avoid a customs charge that way, and the extra shipping is way less than the customs fee :)

Yes, good idea. The customs itself wasn't bad (£3 vat charge iirc) but Royal Mail put £8 handling charge on. The total order was only $27 so it makes quite a difference.

two_wheels
October 24th, 2015, 06:53 AM
Oh yes the £8 and extra 2 weeks, tell me about it! Ah well I hope your new goodies bring you lots of happiness, looking forward to the pics :)

Lisa Long4Life
October 24th, 2015, 11:53 AM
Ok so here is my first attempt at a right handed LWB with the Soaring Butterfly. (Excuse the bumpy hair, my food was ready) :p

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/10419495_10153241493788435_925927342463108754_n.jp g?oh=88b80a6439b97a21ead29bcbd155af65&oe=568600FB

and here is my Compass Rose

https://scontent-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpf1/t31.0-8/s960x960/11051872_10153241493798435_4815347751666547184_o.j pg

:D

two_wheels
October 24th, 2015, 11:56 AM
Very pretty!

eadwine
October 24th, 2015, 12:32 PM
Looking good!!

Lisa Long4Life
October 24th, 2015, 12:49 PM
Thank you :)

AlyBlu
October 24th, 2015, 04:04 PM
Absoluetly gorgeous!

jennareid
October 26th, 2015, 04:29 PM
Managed to snag a Freestyle Tiara (XL) on eBay for $9. I know I'm going to go broke if they have a Black Friday sale (if the website works, that is). I only have two now, this and the sunflower one. They hold completely solid all day. Messy action shot ahoy!

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/jennareid2/Mobile%20Uploads/PHOTO_20151026_182025-1_zpsptbpa84e.jpg

http://i27.photobucket.com/albums/c187/jennareid2/Mobile%20Uploads/PHOTO_20151026_181419-1_zpssdk5qnqw.jpg

AlyBlu
October 26th, 2015, 06:32 PM
Very nice! Really like the freestyle! Great score