PDA

View Full Version : The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 [35] 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

Morganaa
December 1st, 2014, 10:52 AM
Oh you lucky girl! Congrats

rags
December 1st, 2014, 11:48 AM
I have the same consultant Kina linked to a couple of pages back. She found me some older FOTM's I just couldn't get hunted down myself. As of last night (so it might be gone) she had a large December left.

Morganaa
December 1st, 2014, 12:04 PM
Thanks for the info rags! I sent a mail, we never know ;)

Quasiquixotic
December 1st, 2014, 12:06 PM
Where do you get your consultants from?

Wosie
December 1st, 2014, 12:11 PM
Where do you get your consultants from?

I thought you got one automatically after your first order? :hmm:

When you are logged in, what does it say on the right, next to the blue links that say Manage Your Account etc? For me it says "You are a guest of" and then the name of my consultant. %)

Catladyintown
December 1st, 2014, 12:18 PM
Hello Allie_snowflake I would call the main office at Lilla Rose and ask for a consultant in your area. Explain the problem that your consultant does not stay in touch with you. You can change consultant with no problem, but you must call head office so you can. Also the consultant you are thinking about should give you her consultant ID so that change can be made though head office. If you do not change the consultant through head office your old consultant will receive any commission that your new consultant should receive. Talk to the consultant that you would like to work with and she should help you with the steps. I hope that helps.

Catladyintown
December 1st, 2014, 12:23 PM
Hello Quasiquixotic you can call Lilla Rose and ask for the consultant near you. It is nice if you have a consultant in your city, because you can save on shipping.
If someone is looking for a consultant, my consultant is very good. She has a FaceBook page called Lilla Rose - Hair of Glory, Erin Svejda. She really works with her customers. I believe she lives in Iowa. HTH :D
Mods if link is not appropriate please delete.
https://www.facebook.com/HairOfGlory

Quasiquixotic
December 1st, 2014, 12:44 PM
I thought you got one automatically after your first order? :hmm:When you are logged in, what does it say on the right, next to the blue links that say Manage Your Account etc? For me it says "You are a guest of" and then the name of my consultant. %)I'm a guest of Lillarose, inc.So, um, anyone a consultant in Colorado or there abouts? I'm not saying I'd buy a lot, cause I just did! But for the future, maybe.

Beezle
December 1st, 2014, 12:48 PM
I've been happily reading all your posts and admiring all the flexis. I've never seen a flexi in real life, so was just enjoying all your comments and buns and excitement without really being tempted too strongly. And then I made the fatal error - I looked at the lilla rose site! During the sale!! And just a little look around and a little bit further, and just to try the shopping cart ... everyone knows how the rest of the story continues. With free international shipping I really couldn't be blamed for ordering above the $50 minimum, could I? It makes good economic sense, almost obligatory really:liar:

Hootenanny
December 1st, 2014, 12:55 PM
I've been happily reading all your posts and admiring all the flexis. I've never seen a flexi in real life, so was just enjoying all your comments and buns and excitement without really being tempted too strongly. And then I made the fatal error - I looked at the lilla rose site! During the sale!! And just a little look around and a little bit further, and just to try the shopping cart ... everyone knows how the rest of the story continues. With free international shipping I really couldn't be blamed for ordering above the $50 minimum, could I? It makes good economic sense, almost obligatory really:liar:

Makes perfect sense to me! :lol: So what'd you get??? :eye:

Yosha
December 1st, 2014, 12:55 PM
Yes Beezle, that's how you get sucked in :p

what is cp? AND YOU HAVE THE AURORA IN PURPLE!?! :thud: I kinda like purple :)
Well the beads are purple, but I do hope they will have purple aurora borealis beads some day!! Cp stands for centerpiece (I hope).

...Did anybody say purple?! :face: She's talking about the beautiful Purple Cluster flexi. :crush:

Edit: Speaking of which, I wonder why they aren't sold in XL.
I got it from the Flexi-8 site way back, it was an adjusted one. There was a hematite cluster as well, but it had just gone out of stock and never came back. Kittybird has the same, a purple cluster in XL I saw on her blog.

And ditto on the annoying impossibility to have more tabs open on the Lilla Rose site. Maybe they think it saves them traffic?

Quasiquixotic
December 1st, 2014, 12:56 PM
LOL! I love it. What did you get?!? Let me live vicariously though you! Like a shopping contact high...

Kina
December 1st, 2014, 12:56 PM
You can always order as a guest, if you don't want to get a consultant (for all those reluctant to deal with yet another person). As i said, i didn't know that they got commissions (seriously, not that bright at times). Given the service I've recieved, I'm sticking with mine, but posting just in case anyone doesn't want to deal with one.

I had a terrible experience with a Mary Kay consultant once, so I tend to be leary.

Yosha
December 1st, 2014, 01:11 PM
https://www.flickr.com/photos/54979591@N08/6088653145/
This is the purple cluster in XL

The picture doesn't seem to be showing up, so here is the link https://www.flickr.com/photos/54979591@N08/6088653145/

Beezle
December 1st, 2014, 01:11 PM
My purchases were (are) so bland compared to the wonderful sights I've seen here that it's going to be a really dull read and even you constantly supportive people will have trouble coming up with positive comments. Betcha.
They are only interlocking vines in mini, small and medium and a medium elegant ornate. See - dull, cautious, pedestrian. And then I did something really silly - I let etched diasy you-pins sneak in for the ride. My bun is the circumference of an emaciated walnut, so how could I imagine that it could hold up two 3" pins? There's no way. But I still had the picture of Rowie's bun in mind. Delusional shopping.

eadwine
December 1st, 2014, 01:29 PM
I don't want to deal with another person, so no consultant for me thankyouverymuch. If anything is up I just go straight to the top, much easier and faster sorting things out. :)

Kina
December 1st, 2014, 01:41 PM
My purchases were (are) so bland compared to the wonderful sights I've seen here that it's going to be a really dull read and even you constantly supportive people will have trouble coming up with positive comments. Betcha.
They are only interlocking vines in mini, small and medium and a medium elegant ornate. See - dull, cautious, pedestrian. And then I did something really silly - I let etched diasy you-pins sneak in for the ride. My bun is the circumference of an emaciated walnut, so how could I imagine that it could hold up two 3" pins? There's no way. But I still had the picture of Rowie's bun in mind. Delusional shopping.

Nope, I have an interlocker vines and it's one of my favorites, because I'm a little ocd about color coordinating and I don't have to worry about matching with it. I think your choices are terrific because they give you more options.

So there :D

lazuliblue
December 1st, 2014, 01:44 PM
Beezle I'm sure the daisy pins will be so cute :)

I never realised that my last flexi order had tracking - I was taken by surprise when it turned up! So now I keep checking this flexi's tracking, although it isn't going as fast as last time (I guess due to the Black Friday madness.) I want it now!

Yosha
December 1st, 2014, 02:07 PM
That's not bland! I love the silver and those centerpieces are lovely. For me the copper rose is bland (because of my hair color), but I don't care because I can wear it with so many things. Getting yourself pretty hair clips is a good way to love our hair, we get to buy stuff and we will only look prettier (besides this the clips are very sturdy and functional).

Checked the tracking and it says the item departed a transfer airport in Los Angeles yesterday. Does the tracking stop as soon as it leaves the country?

eadwine
December 1st, 2014, 02:11 PM
Yes, until it enters your country's customs :) At least for me that is the case :) After that point it will continue again.

Yosha
December 1st, 2014, 02:15 PM
Yes, until it enters your country's customs :) At least for me that is the case :) After that point it will continue again.

The plane is taking an awfully long time to get here then :( Or it is in customs noooooo

eadwine
December 1st, 2014, 02:16 PM
It takes a bit from the USA to get to the destination country. In my case the Netherlands. I'll likely see it appear here in the tracking in a day or two. It left on the 30th.

Yosha
December 1st, 2014, 02:26 PM
Ah thanks Eadwine! Mine left 12:02 am on the 30th as well, maybe our parcels flew here in the same plane :D

Allie_snowflake
December 1st, 2014, 02:40 PM
Hello Quasiquixotic you can call Lilla Rose and ask for the consultant near you. It is nice if you have a consultant in your city, because you can save on shipping.
If someone is looking for a consultant, my consultant is very good. She has a FaceBook page called Lilla Rose - Hair of Glory, Erin Svejda. She really works with her customers. I believe she lives in Iowa. HTH :D
Mods if link is not appropriate please delete.
https://www.facebook.com/HairOfGlory

Actually she was the one I was going to switch to. Back when I was flexi challenged she was the one who PM'd me on FB and told me they do lefty versions if I send an email after I placed the order. The consultant I had tracked down the winter wonder for me way back in April and when she emailed to schedule a meet to get it, I sent back my availability and I never heard anything from her. I've tried once or twice a month since to contact her but no response.

Allie_snowflake
December 1st, 2014, 02:42 PM
As promised..... My Black Friday haul in action! Pardon the side-ish views.... I can't get the back of my head to save my life!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7578/15739945227_7478c898a5.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/alliewinter/15739945227/)
[

Morganaa
December 1st, 2014, 02:50 PM
Oh wow they arrived so soon and they look amazing in your hair, great choices!

Hele
December 1st, 2014, 02:58 PM
oh i love your pictures allie_snowflake! What's the one on the top right? I can't place which one that is...

Rushli
December 1st, 2014, 04:34 PM
As promised..... My Black Friday haul in action! Pardon the side-ish views.... I can't get the back of my head to save my life!

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7578/15739945227_7478c898a5.jpg (https://www.flickr.com/photos/alliewinter/15739945227/)
[

wow! they look awesome!

My shipping label has been printed for my first order. hehe

Hele
December 1st, 2014, 04:40 PM
i just checked the tracking information and the new FOTM should be here tomorrow! :eek:

Crystawni
December 1st, 2014, 05:14 PM
EXACTLY!!!

I know other retailers who disable the right click functionality to prevent image theft, so I *get* why they do that. However, those of us who do use tabs extensively don't really appreciate it, I think. Tab browsing has gotten so mainstream that I think it's damaging to a company to do that. I browse a retailer's site by going first to whatever page I'm initially interested in and then opening tabs of all the items on that page that I'm interested in. I then click over, decide if I want the item, add it to my cart and close the tab. When I can't do that, I'll often just leave the site unless I see something that I *really* want.

As I type, I have 16 tabs open (including this one) and this is less than I normally have open at once.

I'm on Chrome and duplicate the page and go from there. It's a real head-fubber though, and easily the clunkiest site I use. All the special buttons (back button works for me when things don't load, but I think it was also responsible for a few of the multiple products in my cart). I'm also a multi-tab user, and ALWAYS get comments from the hubster and daughter, with the gruff shake of the head included... I have around 30 up at a time, though (and sometimes a new window), as I multitask. Yeah, multitask, that's it. :p

Allie_snowflake, that's a gorgeous haul!

I'm yet to receive an email receipt for yesterday's order, although it shows as approved in my order history. Must be flat out with all the sales! My Friday order departed LA on the 29th. :)

Allie_snowflake
December 1st, 2014, 07:46 PM
oh i love your pictures allie_snowflake! What's the one on the top right? I can't place which one that is...
It's something like flower design black nickel (very creative ;) ) I don't remember seeing it before but it's one that'll be discontinued.

I wish the sun was out when I took the photos....

Crystawni
December 1st, 2014, 08:03 PM
It's something like flower design black nickel (very creative ;) ) I don't remember seeing it before but it's one that'll be discontinued.

I wish the sun was out when I took the photos....

The sun is hot enough to burn your scalp down here. I'd love a bit of overcast yumness at the moment! :redgrin: I think it's floral design black nickel, so pretty close! :D I have it in XS to go with my black, as well as grey, clothes.

Here it be in its itty bitty goodness from the WEO challenge:

https://i.imgur.com/fQyvQFb.jpg

Oh, and while we're waiting for more deliveries/action shots of the latest goodies, here's another pic of the Compass Rose (XL) I shared in the WEO challenge. Me likey. Lots. :D

https://i.imgur.com/HkuYhPx.jpg

Adiro
December 1st, 2014, 11:12 PM
Gosh, those are beautiful on you, Allie Snowflake!!!! I should have seen these before I placed my order, it would have double it lol!

absolutely gorgeous, and wind wonderful choices!

[

Adiro
December 1st, 2014, 11:15 PM
Oh, that looks so BEAUTIFUL on you!!! I am so glad if they make it permanent, ever!!!!
yours it the first time that I see one used as a braid holder, wow! my braid ends so skinny and little, that I think there is no flexi small enough to hold the last 3 hairs of my braid....
The sun is hot enough to burn your scalp down here. I'd love a bit of overcast yumness at the moment! :redgrin: I think it's floral design black nickel, so pretty close! :D I have it in XS to go with my black, as well as grey, clothes.

Here it be in its itty bitty goodness from the WEO challenge:

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o722/Weighting/Action%20Shots/114Flexi8XSFloralBlackNickel_zps9d51bead.jpg

Oh, and while we're waiting for more deliveries/action shots of the latest goodies, here's another pic of the Compass Rose (XL) I shared in the WEO challenge. Me likey. Lots. :D

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o722/Weighting/Action%20Shots/135Flexi8XLCompassRose_zpse10cf656.jpg

Adiro
December 1st, 2014, 11:17 PM
Blah, I checked my order status and it says "approved" but it's not shipped yet, I believe because also there is no tracking number....

Majorane
December 1st, 2014, 11:47 PM
Well shoot, I should've gotten that black floral and an anchors in a second order. Why did I order just 2 flexi's? What was I thinking? ...Oh wait, I was thinking of my wallet, and the import tax max. ...What was I thinking?!

I'll try to convince a coworker to make action shots of my two flexis today. The ones I got from Two_Wheels and the repaired Compass Rose from Eadwine. Last week I had none, noe I have two, next week I'll have four! ....they grow up so fast, don't they....

Beezle
December 1st, 2014, 11:50 PM
Thanks Kina, Lazuliblue and Yosha - I bought these with work in mind. My usual maple burl sticks are a little too 'individual' so flexis should keep everyone happy. Me especially if they hold!

eadwine
December 2nd, 2014, 12:02 AM
You will get an email WITH a tracking number once it has shipped. The order status never showed a thing for me tracking wise.

Beautiful flexis up there by the way!! That winter is so beautiful. Good to know it'll become available in due time :)

Johannah
December 2nd, 2014, 12:54 AM
Beautiful flexi's everyone! I hope my parade of colors will arrive today!

Selkie-
December 2nd, 2014, 01:01 AM
Allie_Snowflake - gorgeous clips! Is that the festive poinsettia in the middle on the right?

Wosie
December 2nd, 2014, 01:28 AM
Allie_Snowflake - gorgeous clips! Is that the festive poinsettia in the middle on the right?

If I may pop in to answer -- yes, it is. I think it's being discontinued, which is a lil' sad (I do hope I'm wrong).

I'm guessing I'll get my clips in the beginning of next week, as it was shipped yesterday; I can't wait. ^_^

Selkie-
December 2nd, 2014, 01:52 AM
Oh yay!! I thought it was but just wanted to check. I got myself one of those 50% off in the sale and am thrilled because it looks gorgeous. :) Can't wait for my clips to arrive!

Yosha
December 2nd, 2014, 03:05 AM
They're gorgeous Allie_Snowflake! Now that I've seen yours and Crystawni's black nickel I'm gonna put a black nickel on my list too :) I always google the clips I like best to see how they look in action, but I haven't seen many black nickels.

Crystawni
December 2nd, 2014, 03:23 AM
Oh, that looks so BEAUTIFUL on you!!! I am so glad if they make it permanent, ever!!!!
yours it the first time that I see one used as a braid holder, wow! my braid ends so skinny and little, that I think there is no flexi small enough to hold the last 3 hairs of my braid....

:blossom: Thanks, Adiro! I use the XS a little further up the braid so it has more "meat" to grab hold of. For the end of braids, I use a mini, although they really want to slip off unless they're still in some kind of meat-zone (and I prefer them a little higher because my hair end can slap around a bit, which is no place for a purdy hairclip). A hairtie or small strip of fabric wrapped around the pin part for bulk helps at times the tassel is too weeny.

Beezle, I like the choices you've made, and hope you get heaps of wear from them (I get you on the work issue)! I prefer to stick to the plainer flexis so as not to clash too much with my busy hair, and also because I'm a casual, understated person (yet these things can look so elegant--go figure!).

eadwine
December 2nd, 2014, 08:20 AM
Oh my.. "2014-12-02 04:33, NETHERLANDS, Amsterdam, Departed, Your item departed a transfer airport in Amsterdam-Schiphol, Amsterdam, NETHERLANDS on December 2, 2014 at 4:33 am. The item is currently in transit to the destination."

WOOT!! Both of them say this. Means most likely they will be here tomorrow unless they go to customs still.. wait and see :)

Edit: just one of them lol misread things in my enthusiasm ;)

AlyBlu
December 2nd, 2014, 04:20 PM
I'm a guest of Lillarose, inc.So, um, anyone a consultant in Colorado or there abouts? I'm not saying I'd buy a lot, cause I just did! But for the future, maybe.

I am a consultant in Colorado - if I can help, I would like to.

Rushli
December 2nd, 2014, 11:00 PM
Anyone else log into Lilla Rose and see, "You have no orders to show?" Saturday I got an email about it being shipped, but ups shows the label has been printed but nothing more. I ordered again sunday and that one has not shipped yet. Dont expect that one to ship right away with the high volume of buyers, but since it does not show up, I thought I would ask about it before bugging my consultant.

Crystawni
December 3rd, 2014, 12:40 AM
My first order is in transit (already departed LA last I looked), but my second one from just before the sale ended, which shows in my order history, is yet to ship. It just has a status of "approved". I also didn't receive the usual automatic sales receipt in my email for this one, which is separate from the shipping one I usually get that comes after that.

Morganaa
December 3rd, 2014, 01:07 AM
Do not fear if it's in your order history should be okay ;)
I have several orders from the sale and half was shipped the rest is still with the approved status.

Johannah
December 3rd, 2014, 01:22 AM
Your item is being processed by customs in BELGIUM at 5:26 pm on December 2, 2014.

Okay... So... It'll be here today, right? :lol:

lazuliblue
December 3rd, 2014, 02:55 AM
My flexi has arrived (anchor's aweigh)! :cool:

Although according to the tracking it is still 'in transit' and hasn't even arrived in the UK :confused:

Johannah
December 3rd, 2014, 03:44 AM
your item is being processed by customs in belgium at 5:26 pm on december 2, 2014.

Okay... So... It'll be here today, right? :lol:

it arrived and i love it!

lazuliblue
December 3rd, 2014, 03:47 AM
Yay! What did you get Johanna? :D

I haven't been able to try mine yet because I have coconut oil on my hair...the excitement is growing!

Johannah
December 3rd, 2014, 03:49 AM
Yay! What did you get Johanna? :D

I haven't been able to try mine yet because I have coconut oil on my hair...the excitement is growing!

Parade of colors (the peacock). I think it suits my hair color really well! :crush: I'm going to make pictures in the afternoon because it's really dark now, for some reason... Which one do you get? :D

lazuliblue
December 3rd, 2014, 03:59 AM
Oh I love the peacock one! I am glad that they are making it a permenant clip. I got Anchor's Aweigh; my favourite colour is blue and I love the little dangly charm!

Yosha
December 3rd, 2014, 04:14 AM
Anyone else log into Lilla Rose and see, "You have no orders to show?" Saturday I got an email about it being shipped, but ups shows the label has been printed but nothing more. I ordered again sunday and that one has not shipped yet. Dont expect that one to ship right away with the high volume of buyers, but since it does not show up, I thought I would ask about it before bugging my consultant.

And if you try the Endicia link with the tracking number, are you getting any results then?

Wow those Flexis are arriving fast in Europe. I'm surprised, usually when I order something from the US it takes about 11-12 days to arrive at my doorstep. And I never get a tracking number. My item went through Atlanta and has just "departed a transfer airport in Amsterdam".

Theobroma
December 3rd, 2014, 05:08 AM
My flexi has arrived (anchor's aweigh)! :cool:

Although according to the tracking it is still 'in transit' and hasn't even arrived in the UK :confused:

Tracking is only as good as the postal workers who update the tracking info! I've had my postie deliver items before that, according to the tracking page, should still have been stuck in customs... and that, according to the tracking page, in fact never ever got out of customs. :D

lazuliblue
December 3rd, 2014, 05:32 AM
Tracking is only as good as the postal workers who update the tracking info! I've had my postie deliver items before that, according to the tracking page, should still have been stuck in customs... and that, according to the tracking page, in fact never ever got out of customs. :D

I agree! The last time I ordered a flexi I had no idea that it was even tracked, but last week I found the old email to look at the tracking info and the parcel must have been scanned at every point. This time...clearly not! Although of course I am just grateful that the flexi is here :)

Johannah
December 3rd, 2014, 07:11 AM
PICTUREEEEES

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14643&d=1417615779

And one with my little sweetheart :crush:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14642&d=1417615770

Theobroma
December 3rd, 2014, 07:18 AM
Awww. Johannah, the clip is stunning, but your little sweetheart steals the show! :D

Morganaa
December 3rd, 2014, 07:32 AM
Oh it's super pretty (cat love too). What size is it? XL?

Johannah
December 3rd, 2014, 07:39 AM
Awww. Johannah, the clip is stunning, but your little sweetheart steals the show! :D

Oh it's super pretty (cat love too). What size is it? XL?

Thank you both! Yes it's an XL :)

Stellaaa
December 3rd, 2014, 07:43 AM
The cat doesn't look too impressed with that beautiful clip, but I am. Love it.

ashke50
December 3rd, 2014, 08:01 AM
Johannah, that clip is beautiful, and looks fantastic in your hair.

And your cat is adorable!

eadwine
December 3rd, 2014, 08:11 AM
AWESOME!!!! I LOVE it!

Mine is in customs now, so that'll be tomorrow then. The other one is at the status this was at yesterday so that'll likely arrive Friday then.

Johannah
December 3rd, 2014, 08:13 AM
Thank you everyone! :blossom:

Wosie
December 3rd, 2014, 08:20 AM
The cat doesn't look too impressed with that beautiful clip, but I am. Love it.

I think it's 'cause he/she can't see it. ;D

The flexi looks great on you, Johannah! :bigeyes: So colourful!

Johannah
December 3rd, 2014, 08:24 AM
I think it's 'cause he/she can't see it. ;D

The flexi looks great on you, Johannah! :bigeyes: So colourful!

Thank you! It's her do-I-need-to-wait-long-face because I promised her kitty cookies if she would strike a pose for the camera ;)

Quasiquixotic
December 3rd, 2014, 08:31 AM
Beautiful clip and kitty!!

Yeah I'm totally going to have to get one of those, I just adore the dangly tail :crush:

How is the weight on your hair?

Johannah
December 3rd, 2014, 08:34 AM
Beautiful clip and kitty!!

Yeah I'm totally going to have to get one of those, I just adore the dangly tail :crush:

How is the weight on your hair?

It doesn't weight much. My hair is really slippery and this clip stays in. :)

lapushka
December 3rd, 2014, 08:36 AM
Super pretty, Johannah! :)

Selkie-
December 3rd, 2014, 08:44 AM
Gorgeous clip Johannah and a super cute kittycat! :kitten: :crush:

Theobroma
December 3rd, 2014, 08:44 AM
It doesn't weight much. My hair is really slippery and this clip stays in. :)

You might be enabling me to get one when it hits inventory. I don't usually like danglies, but the colours of this one are starting to appeal... I'd better make a point of wearing my Princess Tiara dangly some time to see how I get on with it!

Theobroma
December 3rd, 2014, 08:47 AM
BTW, is anyone else hoping wistfully for custom orders to reopen at some point?

If so, it might help to drop them a polite email to say so. I mentioned it in my last correspondence with them and they said thanks for the feedback as it would help them make a decision. It seems they're discussing the issue, but software limitations are a problem. If they know there's enough interest to make it worth the trouble, perhaps they'll bring them back sooner rather than later?

Johannah
December 3rd, 2014, 08:52 AM
Super pretty, Johannah! :)

Gorgeous clip Johannah and a super cute kittycat! :kitten: :crush:

Thank you both!

You might be enabling me to get one when it hits inventory. I don't usually like danglies, but the colours of this one are starting to appeal... I'd better make a point of wearing my Princess Tiara dangly some time to see how I get on with it!

Normally I hate dangles as well but these are different and not as annoying :)

lazuliblue
December 3rd, 2014, 09:31 AM
Oh I love the clip Johanna!

Quasiquixotic
December 3rd, 2014, 09:39 AM
BTW, is anyone else hoping wistfully for custom orders to reopen at some point?

If so, it might help to drop them a polite email to say so. I mentioned it in my last correspondence with them and they said thanks for the feedback as it would help them make a decision. It seems they're discussing the issue, but software limitations are a problem. If they know there's enough interest to make it worth the trouble, perhaps they'll bring them back sooner rather than later?

ah, :thumbsup: I support this idea...

Larki
December 3rd, 2014, 10:00 AM
Holy cow Johanna, where did you get that peacock one? I don't see it on the website.

Winter Fox
December 3rd, 2014, 10:06 AM
Here's an action pic of my Calla Flexi in S:

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7562/15625578778_a9c1c44f3f.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/pNMbbE)

Quasiquixotic
December 3rd, 2014, 10:09 AM
Well that is just beautiful Winter Fox...

Winter Fox
December 3rd, 2014, 10:12 AM
Thank you Quasi :flower:

eadwine
December 3rd, 2014, 10:15 AM
Peacock should be in the regular to-buy bits in February/March or something (further back in this thread). It was only temporary available for the black Friday sale.

Rushli
December 3rd, 2014, 10:22 AM
And if you try the Endicia link with the tracking number, are you getting any results then?

Wow those Flexis are arriving fast in Europe. I'm surprised, usually when I order something from the US it takes about 11-12 days to arrive at my doorstep. And I never get a tracking number. My item went through Atlanta and has just "departed a transfer airport in Amsterdam".

The Endicia link says the label as been made as well. Neither order show up in my account history, though I got an e-mail for both.

Johannah
December 3rd, 2014, 10:24 AM
Oh I love the clip Johanna!

Holy cow Johanna, where did you get that peacock one? I don't see it on the website.

Thank you both :) and like eadwine already said, the peacock was temporary available for the black friday sale, but it will be a permanent flexi in 2015 :)

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7562/15625578778_a9c1c44f3f.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/pNMbbE)

Beautiful!!

Rushli
December 3rd, 2014, 10:26 AM
Oooh, I am loving the action shots. You both got ones that fit your hair perfectly!

Majorane
December 3rd, 2014, 11:28 AM
Johanna: ...what clip? There was a cat! :p No, it looks so nice in your hair, that pretty peacock!

Also MY FLEXIS ARRIVED TODAY YAY :cheer: one xs winterwonderwow, and a mini something green that's going to be discontinued. The mini is so cute, it is ...tiny... like really really REALLY babysmall.

Sad affair is that the xs is enough to be a ponytail holder for me, which is a bit painful as I still mourn the loss of almost an inch circ. because of a shed years back. Hair just didn't came back :( but I have fat bangs, and the can't fit in the clip, so I'm still in ii territory.

Pics tomorrow, I don't have a headshot victim around.

eadwine
December 3rd, 2014, 12:09 PM
Great that it arrived already! Can't wait to see the pictures :D

Johannah
December 3rd, 2014, 12:12 PM
Johanna: ...what clip? There was a cat! :p No, it looks so nice in your hair, that pretty peacock!

Also MY FLEXIS ARRIVED TODAY YAY :cheer: one xs winterwonderwow, and a mini something green that's going to be discontinued. The mini is so cute, it is ...tiny... like really really REALLY babysmall.

Sad affair is that the xs is enough to be a ponytail holder for me, which is a bit painful as I still mourn the loss of almost an inch circ. because of a shed years back. Hair just didn't came back :( but I have fat bangs, and the can't fit in the clip, so I'm still in ii territory.

Pics tomorrow, I don't have a headshot victim around.

Thank you! I want to see pictures from the XS winterwonder. I wanted to buy that as well but the site didn't work anymore :(

Rushli
December 3rd, 2014, 01:05 PM
The Endicia link says the label as been made as well. Neither order show up in my account history, though I got an e-mail for both.

I broke down and bugged my consultant (she was not really bugged) and she said both are on the way to me. She thought they might not be showing up because I ordered through a FB party. I need more long haired friends IRL because I want to have a party.... say around Feb/March!

Majorane
December 3rd, 2014, 01:36 PM
Hooray! Found an action shot victim!
First off, my pride and joy. Anyone remember that sad and ugly Compass Rose that Eadwine got a while back?It was pitted and had a crooked stone in the center. I offered it asylum, polished the worst of the pits away and ripped the crooked stone off with pliers. After some fimo action, this is the result.
http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu46/Marjokei/LHC/IMG_20141202_100910_zpspxn1lgcu.jpg (http://s632.photobucket.com/user/Marjokei/media/LHC/IMG_20141202_100910_zpspxn1lgcu.jpg.html)
I am rather proud ;D

Also there is this sweetie, gotten from La Plate du Swappe:
http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu46/Marjokei/LHC/IMG_20141202_100948_zpsnxrxvtg7.jpg (http://s632.photobucket.com/user/Marjokei/media/LHC/IMG_20141202_100948_zpsnxrxvtg7.jpg.html)
Sorry for the out of focus, my collegue tried very hard.

And the new additions! They might look crooked but that is user error, I am a lopsided bunner.
http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu46/Marjokei/LHC/IMG_20141203_212428_zpsle6pseuv.jpg (http://s632.photobucket.com/user/Marjokei/media/LHC/IMG_20141203_212428_zpsle6pseuv.jpg.html)

Happy camper goes off eating happy fries on the couch, surrounded by FlexKiddo's :cheer:

Rushli
December 3rd, 2014, 01:38 PM
Majorane, soooooo many lovelies! They look amazing!

Majorane
December 3rd, 2014, 01:40 PM
Thank yooouuu, I'm smug as Smoug with 'em to be honest :cool::o

eadwine
December 3rd, 2014, 02:07 PM
Aww the wee one is so cuuuuute!! And that compass turned out amazing! Great haul in all :D

lapushka
December 3rd, 2014, 02:43 PM
Very pretty, Winter Fox & Majorane!

Kina
December 3rd, 2014, 02:47 PM
Majorane, I don't like the compass rose, yours is the only one where I'm like WOW! I love that! no matter how good it looks on others, I haven't been a fan of the design, that small change you made completely flips it for me!

Hele
December 3rd, 2014, 04:28 PM
^^i agree with Kina, modified Compass flexi for the win!

i've loved all the sale action shots on here, i hope to see many more!

the FOTM arrived today....the 8 part looked a little small compared to my other XLs so i was a bit worried, but it seems to be holding it's own with my hair. The mail didn't show up until after dark so here's a quickie bathroom shot.

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab76/heletwo/day211b_zpsd54202fc.jpg (http://s851.photobucket.com/user/heletwo/media/day211b_zpsd54202fc.jpg.html)

Crystawni
December 3rd, 2014, 04:50 PM
Ooooooh, all the pretties! :inlove:

PICTUREEEEES

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14643&d=1417615779

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14642&d=1417615770

I love that, Johannah! And your sweetheart--she's gorgeous! My cats are often around when I take my pics, but I edit them out. :p

Elegant. Stunning!

Hooray! Found an action shot victim!
First off, my pride and joy. Anyone remember that sad and ugly Compass Rose that Eadwine got a while back?It was pitted and had a crooked stone in the center. I offered it asylum, polished the worst of the pits away and ripped the crooked stone off with pliers. After some fimo action, this is the result.
http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu46/Marjokei/LHC/IMG_20141202_100910_zpspxn1lgcu.jpg (http://s632.photobucket.com/user/Marjokei/media/LHC/IMG_20141202_100910_zpspxn1lgcu.jpg.html)
I am rather proud ;D

Also there is this sweetie, gotten from La Plate du Swappe:
http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu46/Marjokei/LHC/IMG_20141202_100948_zpsnxrxvtg7.jpg (http://s632.photobucket.com/user/Marjokei/media/LHC/IMG_20141202_100948_zpsnxrxvtg7.jpg.html)
Sorry for the out of focus, my collegue tried very hard.

And the new additions! They might look crooked but that is user error, I am a lopsided bunner.
http://i632.photobucket.com/albums/uu46/Marjokei/LHC/IMG_20141203_212428_zpsle6pseuv.jpg (http://s632.photobucket.com/user/Marjokei/media/LHC/IMG_20141203_212428_zpsle6pseuv.jpg.html)

Happy camper goes off eating happy fries on the couch, surrounded by FlexKiddo's

Great save of the Compass Rose, Majorane! It looks better than new! And lovely swap goodie. I especially love your newbies, though. I think I'd be happy with every size of the WW. It's just so mmmmm mmmmm. Smaller circ. or not, your hair looks fab!

the FOTM arrived today....the 8 part looked a little small compared to my other XLs so i was a bit worried, but it seems to be holding it's own with my hair. The mail didn't show up until after dark so here's a quickie bathroom shot.

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab76/heletwo/day211b_zpsd54202fc.jpg (http://s851.photobucket.com/user/heletwo/media/day211b_zpsd54202fc.jpg.html)

It looks so refined, Hele, like something from the early 1900s! My grandparents would've said it's "swish". I think the fantastic one may have the same "eight" size problem, but hoping for the same outcome as you.

DreamSheep
December 3rd, 2014, 05:41 PM
So spectacular Johanna - makes me wish I had that one too :p
Also makes me look forward to mine arriving!! <3

Kherome
December 3rd, 2014, 08:48 PM

You're out of TP...hehe

I am excited to get my Dec FOTM too!

Hele
December 3rd, 2014, 08:52 PM
^^it doesn't count as a quickie bathroom shot unless there's a toilet paper holder in view! After having cats i can't quite get in the habit of actually putting the roll on there, it just feels like i'm asking for trouble...

Adiro
December 3rd, 2014, 11:38 PM
Johannah, your little sweetheart is adorable, I have two human babies and two fur babies myself :) The Flexi, well, what can I say?@? just beautiful and so spectacular!!!!

WinterFox, the cala fits you really well!!!!

Majorane, so many pretties!!!! I love them all! and especially the snowflake, but all look so lovely in your hair!!!

Hele, I can't see the toilet roll, I am fascinated by your jewelled flexi!!!! I thought that one is more scarlet red, but it looks ruby red in your hair! So beautiful!

Majorane
December 3rd, 2014, 11:59 PM
Majorane, I don't like the compass rose, yours is the only one where I'm like WOW! I love that! no matter how good it looks on others, I haven't been a fan of the design, that small change you made completely flips it for me!

Ow, thank you! :flower: to be honest, the blackish centerpiece is much more 'me', too, than the shiny white stone was! Nothing wrong with shiny white stones, but I have a special place in my heart for all things black and sparkly. But I'd never have modded it if it wasn't necessary. In case anyone else has trouble with a fallen out stone and wonders how: It's just a ball of fimoclay that with a sharp knife got some 'facettes' and then I royally dusted it with shiny eyeshadow. After baking the eyeshadow will be in the clay and a drop of nail polish will keep it there.

Thank you all for the compliments, I am so happy with my flexfamily :crush:

Hele:
1) Your DFOTM looks ....so classy and Victorian.... :inlove:
2) WHAT is that cute white and pink flowered box on the floor, I have teacups in the same color scheme, it is amazing, pink flowers for the win, your bathroom so classy with flowery boxes!!

Johannah
December 4th, 2014, 02:31 AM
Thank you crystawni, dreamsheep and adiro!

Majorane wooooooow that compass rose!!! You did a great job!!! ;)

Winter Fox
December 4th, 2014, 03:45 AM
Thank you so much Johannah, lapushka, Crystawni and adiro :flower:

Yosha
December 4th, 2014, 03:56 AM
Johannah that flexi looks marvellous in your hair! And your cat is so cute <3 Is it a Turkish Van? He has the same markings and he is big!

Winter Fox that calla is so pretty, I love the contrast with your hair color. Is it silver plated? It looks so shiny!

Majorane, great haul! And wonderful adjustment to the compass rose, it looks like it's supposed to be like that with the black shiny stone in the middle :D

Hele that December flexi is beautiful, great colors!

Rushli I'm glad everything seems to be ok :)
Mine are in customs. But I've noticed Endicia is a bit behind, so maybe it will be here today already? One can always hope.

Johannah
December 4th, 2014, 04:24 AM
Johannah that flexi looks marvellous in your hair! And your cat is so cute <3 Is it a Turkish Van? He has the same markings and he is big!.

Haha, no :p. She is just a European shorthair. A tricolor, with a looooooooooot of fur. ;)

Winter Fox
December 4th, 2014, 05:43 AM
Winter Fox that calla is so pretty, I love the contrast with your hair color. Is it silver plated? It looks so shiny!

Thank you Yosha! Yes it's silver colored with white pearls ^^

Wosie
December 4th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Hele, I thought I wasn't too keen about the Dec FOTM... :thud: <-- Is all I gotta say! Beautiful, elegant, works perfectly with your hair colour!

Just like Adiro says, I thought it was scarlet red, but it looks ruby red in your picture... I'm crazy about rubies and their colour. :bigeyes:

Estrid
December 4th, 2014, 06:23 AM
I received my two small flexis today :happydance:

Already love them, only thing that I'm not too sure of is that the anchor on the anchors aweigh is oblique and sloping downwards, but I can live with that, it's still pretty :)

Johannah
December 4th, 2014, 06:40 AM
I received my two small flexis today :happydance:

Already love them, only thing that I'm not too sure of is that the anchor on the anchors aweigh is oblique and sloping downwards, but I can live with that, it's still pretty :)

Pics or it didn't happen! ;)

Estrid
December 4th, 2014, 07:06 AM
Pics or it didn't happen! ;)

Haha, I can try to take some pics when my hair is dry. It is quite dark here so will see how that goes.

Hele
December 4th, 2014, 08:27 AM
WHAT is that cute white and pink flowered box on the floor, I have teacups in the same color scheme, it is amazing, pink flowers for the win, your bathroom so classy with flowery boxes!!

i have a couple printed fabric covered boxes sitting on the toilet tank, they're handy for keeping odds and ends in and pretties the area up a bit. I also have old framed flower pictures on the walls. I have a 1930's bathroom and the floor and walls are all black and white tile, i gotta liven that up a bit!

the December FOTM is definitely a ruby color, i think it might be my favorite of the year! While i still love my Dusky Plum flexi this month's just has that "certain something" to it!

i think i need to see more action shots of the peacock flexi, it looks amazing Johannah! Did anybody else get it in the sale?

Morganaa
December 4th, 2014, 08:38 AM
Majorane they look very good on you, and good save up of the compass, kuddos ;)

Hele, your action pic of the crimson joy make me even more sad they messed up my order and I couldn't get it in the end... But it suits you very well!
I didn't got a peacock but plan to when it's made permanent.

eadwine
December 4th, 2014, 08:44 AM
Just got home and they're here! :D Very happy with both. That peacock one is hard to photograph after dark lol

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/flexi2small.jpg

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/flexi1small.jpg

DreamSheep
December 4th, 2014, 08:58 AM
Ahh, everyone's flexis look so nice. :)!

lazuliblue
December 4th, 2014, 09:15 AM
I am loving all of these flexis :D The peacock one looks wonderful Eadwine, is that a medium?

Estrid
December 4th, 2014, 09:32 AM
Alright, I tried! My camera is completely hopeless, same light in the room but my hair got a different colour on each of the photos.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/mkw5mo.jpg

The anchor flexi was fighting me, I think I have to practice my half up-skills. ;) But I did find a place in my house that I can put my camera on to take these kind of photos, which is nice ^_^ You'll all get to see my crazy curtains though, hehe.

eadwine, I love that peacock flexi!

eadwine
December 4th, 2014, 09:50 AM
Yep, it is a medium. I can wear both M and L, opted for the M :)

Wosie
December 4th, 2014, 09:52 AM
Estrid, Both hair and flexis are very pretty. :') You said your Anchor's Aweigh was a bit lopsided; I think I can see it, but it's very slight; do you mean it's tilted a little to the left?

---

On a sidenote I'll be exchanging my Festive Leaf for a new one. It's not as easy as I thought it'd be (some printing'll be required), but DBF assured me it wasn't as difficult as it seemed. :p

eadwine, Those flexis really pop with your hair colour! ^_^ It feels like it's Christmas in this thread already. =D

Estrid
December 4th, 2014, 10:04 AM
Estrid, Both hair and flexis are very pretty. :') You said your Anchor's Aweigh was a bit lopsided; I think I can see it, but it's very slight; do you mean it's tilted a little to the left?

Thank you :)

The flexi is not loopsided at all, it is the anchor itself that is tilting and is bent forward. It probably contributes to the loop-sided look since the photo is taken straight on the anchor which means that the right part of the flexi (right on the photo) is a little futher away (and from a different angle) than the left.... Or is that what loopsided means? x)

Oh well, I can live with it.:cool:

eadwine
December 4th, 2014, 10:14 AM
Thanks, I just love the way these look as well :D

Majorane
December 4th, 2014, 11:35 AM
Yeah, I come back from work and boom, picturetime!
Eadwine: Your hair is so shiny! And that peacock is so cool. Does it make noise when you move?
Estrid: what a lovely pair! They suit your hair :) And oh my I love that anchor, it's so... nautical.

And Hele, I am jealous, I want a '30's style bathroom too! I love the black and white tiling they used back then, it's very strict looking, but also has... something ... schwung. Class. I could totally envision myself donning a vintage comb in what I now dream is your bathroom. .....aaaaaaand that sounded way more creepy then intended! "I want to be in your bathroom :flasher:

Johannah
December 4th, 2014, 11:38 AM
Just got home and they're here! :D Very happy with both. That peacock one is hard to photograph after dark lol

Beautiful, especially the peacock ;) ;)

eadwine
December 4th, 2014, 12:54 PM
I have no idea if it makes noise.. I wasn't wearing my ears, so I have no idea really. :lol:

Monday I will be wearing the peacock to work, that client knows I am about to show a new one that is VERY pretty and this is the one I was talking about. Better train the neck muscles now because he'll be doing the exorcist move on my head once he realizes I have it in the hair! :lol:

lapushka
December 4th, 2014, 01:24 PM

Alright, I tried! My camera is completely hopeless, same light in the room but my hair got a different colour on each of the photos.

http://oi60.tinypic.com/mkw5mo.jpg

The anchor flexi was fighting me, I think I have to practice my half up-skills. ;) But I did find a place in my house that I can put my camera on to take these kind of photos, which is nice ^_^ You'll all get to see my crazy curtains though, hehe.

eadwine, I love that peacock flexi!

Looking good, ladies!

Hootenanny
December 4th, 2014, 03:58 PM
I love that peacock, eadwine! Now I can't wait for mine to get here!

AlyBlu
December 4th, 2014, 04:15 PM
PICTUREEEEES

Stunning!!!!

Kina
December 4th, 2014, 04:37 PM
such pretty flexis! :crush: everyone's hair looks beautiful. I can't wait for mine! I'm entertained by the thought that a company located in the US has delivered flexis to Europe faster than they have to me AND I'M ON THE SAME CONTINENT! :)

Rushli
December 4th, 2014, 04:47 PM
such pretty flexis! :crush: everyone's hair looks beautiful. I can't wait for mine! I'm entertained by the thought that a company located in the US has delivered flexis to Europe faster than they have to me AND I'M ON THE SAME CONTINENT! :)

YES! this has me confused too! haha

AlyBlu
December 4th, 2014, 05:07 PM
Such great photos!. I have the peacock, the ruby and Autumns Delight on the way and I am so excited!

rags
December 4th, 2014, 05:15 PM
Loving all the flexes!!

Kina, I think in my case I wasn't able to order till later in the day (couldn't get on the site) so that's why. People who ordered earlier - I've NO idea!

Rushli
December 4th, 2014, 05:27 PM
I order 2 hr 45 min after opening, so that can't be the only factor.

Kina
December 4th, 2014, 05:33 PM
I'm not sure how they did it, but it's nice to see the Europeans so happy and I'm grateful that they're sharing they're lovely photos with us :)

Hootenanny
December 4th, 2014, 05:36 PM
Oh, Johannah, your kitty is so perfect! What a sweetie! And your peacock pics just make me more crazy for mine to arrive! Stunning!

Rushli
December 4th, 2014, 05:44 PM
I'm not sure how they did it, but it's nice to see the Europeans so happy and I'm grateful that they're sharing they're lovely photos with us :)

Normally they have to wait much longer, so I am not complaining at all! Just really curious how it happened!

rags
December 4th, 2014, 05:50 PM
Oh yeah I'm just thrilled to be seeing the pictures! Which I'm not sure I mentioned - are fantastic!

Crystawni
December 4th, 2014, 06:49 PM
Eadwine and Estrid--beautiful flexis in equally beautiful hair! I'm getting more and more excited for mine to arrive after seeing these action shots! Weird how you guys in the US were pipped at the post, so to speak. :p I'm currently waiting for my first order, and my second is (still) yet to ship I just got an email that my second order (at the end of the sale) has been shipped. Label only at this stage as there's nothing tracking and the site still has the status as "approved", but at least it's a step further along. :D

maborosi
December 4th, 2014, 09:10 PM
I'm surprised I've never shared any pictures of my flexi clips!

I have a picture of my hair in a braided bun held with a blossom drops clip, XL. I'm really impressed how well this holds my hair- so glad I went with the XL.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14679&d=1417752464

It's my favorite clip of the ones I bought.

Majorane
December 4th, 2014, 10:05 PM
And rightly so, Maborosi, as it is a gorgeous one. :flower:

caromarpie
December 5th, 2014, 12:05 AM
My order arrived today I am so happy. Here some shot. I am in love with everyone.;):):blossom:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14685&d=1417762658
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14684&d=1417762652
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14683&d=1417762647
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14682&d=1417762643
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14680&d=1417762631
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14681&d=1417762636

eadwine
December 5th, 2014, 12:25 AM
It's so cool to see us Europeans getting something first for a change, we're always running behind :D

Thanks for the compliments, and hopefully the peacock one will be in regular stock soon.. it is soooo pretty!

Just be careful taking it out ;) Just as there is no quick putting this in, you have to be careful taking it out as well. But that is ok and no biggie!

Johannah
December 5th, 2014, 02:18 AM
I'm surprised I've never shared any pictures of my flexi clips!

I have a picture of my hair in a braided bun held with a blossom drops clip, XL. I'm really impressed how well this holds my hair- so glad I went with the XL.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14679&d=1417752464

It's my favorite clip of the ones I bought.

Nice! I'm really happy with this picture because I want to buy it for a friend in some months for her birthday! It looks lovely!

Morganaa
December 5th, 2014, 03:25 AM
Very pretty action pics girls!

All my orders have shipped as of today, but they didn't answer my last mail to add something so I guess that's dead... Oh man did I got frustrated with this sale...

Selkie-
December 5th, 2014, 04:41 AM
Gorgeous pictures everyone!

On a less positive note - I am not having luck with the flexi clips right now. After the lopsided clip that I posted about a couple of pages back, I just got my mega Autumn's Delight (FOTM Oct) and it is totally defective. The stick part is way too short for the figure 8 part of the clip and I cannot close it at all. What a bummer. I have written to Lilla rose and hope I get a full refund. It's such a pretty clip though and so frustrating not to be able to wear it. :(

eadwine
December 5th, 2014, 04:59 AM
Aww Selkie what a bummer... can you post a picture of that FOTM Oct?

Johannah
December 5th, 2014, 05:00 AM
Gorgeous pictures everyone!

On a less positive note - I am not having luck with the flexi clips right now. After the lopsided clip that I posted about a couple of pages back, I just got my mega Autumn's Delight (FOTM Oct) and it is totally defective. The stick part is way too short for the figure 8 part of the clip and I cannot close it at all. What a bummer. I have written to Lilla rose and hope I get a full refund. It's such a pretty clip though and so frustrating not to be able to wear it. :(

Lately I hear so many complaints about flexis... What happened with the quality? I hope they can help you! :flower:

Wosie
December 5th, 2014, 05:27 AM
Aww, Selkie, that's such a shame. :grouphug: Especially seeing as this was a special occasion for all the 2014 FOTMs to come back for a few days and they're not reinstating the October one. What a bummer! Hopefully you'll be able to get a new, perfect October FOTM somehow.

Nebulae
December 5th, 2014, 05:45 AM
My cats are often around when I take my pics, but I edit them out. :p

What?! What is this blasphemy? Stop that immediately! :p we want moar :kitten: :kitten: !

Majorane, when looking through your pics I just thought the compass rose was supposed to look like that, with the black stone.. not until I read some replies did I understand that wasn't the case! I think it looks way much better with the black center! Awesome job! :joy:

I'm still waiting for my package.. reading that so many europeans already got their makes me think every time something thumps down on my door mat that now, now it surely must be my flexis! But no, not yet... Now I'm afraid they're stuck in customs! They should be under the tax limit.. unless I made a mistake.. hopefully they get here on monday, at least!

Theobroma
December 5th, 2014, 07:15 AM
It's so cool to see us Europeans getting something first for a change, we're always running behind :

My parcel (ordered on Saturday, posted I think on Monday) is already in Vienna and being scrutinised by customs. At least that's what the tracking info says. That really is uncharacteristically fast. But my consultant, thanks to whom I'll be getting a Crimson Joy after all, has been in touch to say that she's still waiting for her own Black Friday sale parcel! It's strange, all right. If it were the holiday mail glut I'd expect everything to be slow, not only domestic mail...

Selkie-
December 5th, 2014, 08:13 AM
Well after a lot of bending I managed to somehow make the stick part fit into the figure 8 part of the clip. I am pretty peeved that with my last two clips I have had to do some DIY fixing to make them work or look respectable. But anyway now it is functional and I can get it to close.

Here is a picture --- please excuse the messy bun and the visible hair elastic! :o

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/Rachellejoychadwick/b9c76910-adf0-4919-9b35-98480556bfce_zpsa399984f.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/Rachellejoychadwick/media/b9c76910-adf0-4919-9b35-98480556bfce_zpsa399984f.jpg.html)

eadwine
December 5th, 2014, 08:14 AM
Oof I'm glad you got it sorted at least!

Johannah
December 5th, 2014, 08:19 AM
What?! What is this blasphemy? Stop that immediately! :p we want moar :kitten: :kitten: !

I'll keep that in mind. :demon: :p

Johannah
December 5th, 2014, 08:21 AM
Selkie, that looks really nice! I'm glad you found a way to make it work!

Selkie-
December 5th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Thanks Johannah and Eadwine. I actually really love this flexi - I think it is my new favourite! :)

rowie
December 5th, 2014, 11:53 AM
Wow so much catching up, this thread moves fast for me. Anyways I'll try my best not to miss anyone.

Thank you to those I’ve missed who commented on my favorite anchor piece! It’s such a pleasure to have the same kind of enthusiasm for flexi 8s. :flowers:

Kina: Thanks for posting the facebook image of the December Flexi! I hope you got it already as I’m looking forward to seeing this piece on you and your fabulous plans with this piece!

Jextxadore: That celtic flexi in a half up looks amazing on your hair. It’s nice to see a fellow dude wear flexis! Hope more will come and join us!

Johannah : Wow that peacock flexi looks amazing on you! I have the older version without the dangles and the colors on it is not flattering on me as it is on you! You have such beautiful hair, and I love your kitty cat!

Allie_snowflake: I love your haul. I especially love the December flexi and the winter wonder on your beautiful hair! I’m now tempted to get the poinsettia piece you have. I think you have a lovely hall and congrats!

Crystawni: My goodness your hair looks amazing! I adore your single English braid with the silver floral motif. Thank you for demonstrating this as I’ve never explored buying the really small kinds of flexis for the ends of braids since I always wear my hair in a bun. Perhaps one of these days when Lilla Rose has another sale I’ll definitely explore this possibility. You have such wonderful taste and I enjoy seeing your action pictures here on LHC!

Winter Fox: Wow I love your half up with the June FOTM. I adore your style and flare. I so wish I’m not so paranoid so that I can wear my hair in half ups. Still, I think your choice is fab as silver pieces looks amazing on your brunette hair.

Majorane: Amazing mod. I agree with others in that your modified piece is fabulous compared to the original clear stone setting. I actually love your version better and if I bought that piece, I’d definitely contact you for instructions! I love your bun as well, your hair color is so vibrant and refreshing. Oh how I wish I had lighter hair! I also love the winter wonder and the emberald xs piece you have. Love your taste for your hair color.

Hele: OMG, you are killing me! This piece looks so fabulous on you and I’m dying for my piece to arrive. Ughhh I love your bathroom décor! Still, I love your updo as usual and I sort of make my buns in your fashion since I get so inspired by any of your action pics here at LHC. This piece definitely is flattering on you and again you make me wish I had lighter hair. :heartbeat:

eadwine: Fantastic haul. I love all the choices you made. You have a pretty shiny hair and I love how the pieces you chose glows on your hair. I especially love the Aqua Burst piece on you! I bought that one in size large and so I’m excited for that piece to arrive to me. Thanks for sharing as it makes me even more excited for the aqua burst.

Estrid: Love your haul. It’s nice to see half up styles here in this thread, and I simply adore your half ups. The dream catcher piece looks amazing on your hair! Definitely, a lot of colors will stand up on your hair and look flattering. Thanks for sharing!
maborosi: The blossom drop piece looks so amazing on your hair. I especially love your braided bun! Your action pics makes me appreciate the “dangly” type of flexis. Your hair color is very alluring, and you have similar hair color to my SO who is a carrot top.

caromarpie: Lovely haul! I love all of your choices, and you as well make me really excited for the December FOTM!!! You have fabulous taste with hair to envy!

Selkie-: Wow I love your piece. It’s actually my other favorite FOTM for 2014. Awesome choice, and I love your updo! Is your flexi a mega? If it is, wow I’d like to revisit two of my megas I own and your placement gives me an idea. I also adore your neat and tidy bun and hair color as well.

Finally my first piece that I ordered from black friday arrived. I don't understand why they are arriving later this time around, maybe they are super busy. I'm still waiting for my December FOTM and Aqua Burst. Still, I'm really happy with this "Fantastic" fan piece. To me, it's a little too fancy to wear for everyday and so it will definitely get used for special family occasions, and especially for the lunar new year. I bought this piece in honor of my great grandmother who had floor length hair in her youth and had hip length hair in her 90's, and she was my inspiration to grow my hair out for a very long time until I finally pursued this dream later on in my life. I don't know if i'll ever reach her longest length, but hopefully she is still inside me and a part of me, and may she continue to rest in piece.

http://i.imgur.com/Y9mBssvl.jpg

Johannah
December 5th, 2014, 12:41 PM
Thank you rowie! :blossom:

eadwine
December 5th, 2014, 12:49 PM
Beautiful Rowie, and see.. I told you red would pop in your hair :D Can't wait for the other one to arrive :D

Atrum
December 5th, 2014, 01:40 PM

It's so cool to see us Europeans getting something first for a change, we're always running behind :D

it is not always the case...for my last order I had to wait about 7 weeks...and then someone ordered for me - we wait 5 weeks almost...some european have luck others do not
but I love it to see how happy they are :)

eadwine
December 5th, 2014, 01:50 PM
What country are you from? Some are notoriously slow :/

Atrum
December 5th, 2014, 01:55 PM
i am from Germany. And I know that some have their order from black Friday ;)

eadwine
December 5th, 2014, 01:58 PM
Hrm.. indeed.. not on the notoriously slow list.. hrmmm

Atrum
December 5th, 2014, 02:02 PM
but I am waiting excitedly and with a lot of patience ;)

Nebulae
December 5th, 2014, 03:09 PM
I'm just going to leave a thudpile for rowie.. that looks absolutely fantastic on you! :thudpile:

No pun intended.. But now that I noticed it sort of is.. It just actually happens to be fantastic. ;)

Hele
December 5th, 2014, 05:20 PM

eee, Fantastic was made for your hair, that looks amazing! :heartbeat (And you and Majorane can come hang out in my bathroom anytime!)

eadwine
December 6th, 2014, 01:54 AM
When we have nowhere to go, in fact I am going to do some weed spraying in the front and back yard soon so how big is that??, when there is nothing special to go to... THEN we longhaired ladies have a good hair day. At least I made a note of it with a picture proving said sad fact of longhair life....

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/hairday2.jpg

AlyBlu
December 6th, 2014, 02:51 AM
When we have nowhere to go, in fact I am going to do some weed spraying in the front and back yard soon so how big is that??, when there is nothing special to go to... THEN we longhaired ladies have a good hair day. At least I made a note of it with a picture proving said sad fact of longhair life....

Great photo, acurate observation!

Selkie-
December 6th, 2014, 03:50 AM
Selkie-: Wow I love your piece. It’s actually my other favorite FOTM for 2014. Awesome choice, and I love your updo! Is your flexi a mega? If it is, wow I’d like to revisit two of my megas I own and your placement gives me an idea. I also adore your neat and tidy bun and hair color as well.

Hi Rowie!

Thank you for your kind comments. Yes, it is a mega clip and I still have quite a bit of growing to do before I really fit into it. I also really love Autumn's Delight FOTM - I think the brass and copper tones suit my hair colour better than silver or gold based clips.

I must say I am intrigued about the 'idea' you mentioned and hope you share at some stage!

The Fantastic piece looks absolutely gorgeous on you. Your hair is so shiny and glossy. I am sure you will be able to grow to great lengths as your hair looks super healthy. :)

:blossom:

Selkie-
December 6th, 2014, 03:52 AM

Just Beautiful Eadwine! :thud:

Selkie-
December 6th, 2014, 03:56 AM
If anybody has an October FOTM (Autumn's Delight) in XL that they are not in love with and keen to swop or sell please let me know.

I have a lot of XL clips to swop or I would be happy to buy as well. I would really love one of these in XL as I still have quite a bit of growing to do before I can wear my mega regularly.

Thanks!! :)

eadwine
December 6th, 2014, 04:01 AM
Thanks all for the compliments. Rising sun sure is good for hairpics hehe

Yosha
December 6th, 2014, 06:25 AM
Eadwine your hair looks so healthy and shiny, and you picked flexis that have a beautiful contrast with your hair.

Estrid your flexis are so pretty, and you have cool curtains.

Maborosi I was wondering how danglies would look with such a big flexi, it is beautiful.

Caromarpie you got quite the collection, they are so pretty with your beautiful black hair.

Selkie I'm glad you made it work. I just got mine, a copper rose, and the loops seem to be larger than my old mega too. I'm liking the copper more and more, and yours is perfect with those autumny colors.

Rowie that's jaw dropping... So elegant, and beautiful!

Mine arrived today! As I saw a few pages back I had to order below 22euro (I thought it was 35euro, so I was a bit scared when I read it was only 22) and I was slightly over it, so had to pay custom taxes. The funny thing is, this is the first time I have to pay those taxes, and the postman had the Lilla Rose package for me and my iHerb package. Only the Lilla Rose had the custom taxes, I wonder if it's because I usually get the packages by regular international shipping and this was fast international shipping. Anyway, enough about customs.

The flexis fit perfectly, I got an XL and a mega and they seem slightly different sized than my old ones. Not the pins, but the loops are differnt. Pictures soon, after I wash my hair :) It looks like the copper rose is gonna be my favorite, I'm quite surprised of how it looks with my hair color. I though it would blend in but it doesn't (or it's because I oiled my hair and it's slightly darker because of that).

Anyway, after seeing all your gorgeous pictures I think I now know what my favorite custom flexi would look like: sapphire beads with copper beads and danglies!

eadwine
December 6th, 2014, 06:31 AM
Lillarose is notorious for getting caught by customs.. too bad you had to pay extra :( I'll be awaiting those pictures alright!

Kina
December 6th, 2014, 06:35 AM
Wow so much catching up, this thread moves fast for me. Anyways I'll try my best not to miss anyone.

Thank you to those I’ve missed who commented on my favorite anchor piece! It’s such a pleasure to have the same kind of enthusiasm for flexi 8s. :flowers:

Kina: Thanks for posting the facebook image of the December Flexi! I hope you got it already as I’m looking forward to seeing this piece on you and your fabulous plans with this piece!

Jextxadore: That celtic flexi in a half up looks amazing on your hair. It’s nice to see a fellow dude wear flexis! Hope more will come and join us!

Johannah : Wow that peacock flexi looks amazing on you! I have the older version without the dangles and the colors on it is not flattering on me as it is on you! You have such beautiful hair, and I love your kitty cat!

Allie_snowflake: I love your haul. I especially love the December flexi and the winter wonder on your beautiful hair! I’m now tempted to get the poinsettia piece you have. I think you have a lovely hall and congrats!

Crystawni: My goodness your hair looks amazing! I adore your single English braid with the silver floral motif. Thank you for demonstrating this as I’ve never explored buying the really small kinds of flexis for the ends of braids since I always wear my hair in a bun. Perhaps one of these days when Lilla Rose has another sale I’ll definitely explore this possibility. You have such wonderful taste and I enjoy seeing your action pictures here on LHC!

Winter Fox: Wow I love your half up with the June FOTM. I adore your style and flare. I so wish I’m not so paranoid so that I can wear my hair in half ups. Still, I think your choice is fab as silver pieces looks amazing on your brunette hair.

Majorane: Amazing mod. I agree with others in that your modified piece is fabulous compared to the original clear stone setting. I actually love your version better and if I bought that piece, I’d definitely contact you for instructions! I love your bun as well, your hair color is so vibrant and refreshing. Oh how I wish I had lighter hair! I also love the winter wonder and the emberald xs piece you have. Love your taste for your hair color.

Hele: OMG, you are killing me! This piece looks so fabulous on you and I’m dying for my piece to arrive. Ughhh I love your bathroom décor! Still, I love your updo as usual and I sort of make my buns in your fashion since I get so inspired by any of your action pics here at LHC. This piece definitely is flattering on you and again you make me wish I had lighter hair. :heartbeat:

eadwine: Fantastic haul. I love all the choices you made. You have a pretty shiny hair and I love how the pieces you chose glows on your hair. I especially love the Aqua Burst piece on you! I bought that one in size large and so I’m excited for that piece to arrive to me. Thanks for sharing as it makes me even more excited for the aqua burst.

Estrid: Love your haul. It’s nice to see half up styles here in this thread, and I simply adore your half ups. The dream catcher piece looks amazing on your hair! Definitely, a lot of colors will stand up on your hair and look flattering. Thanks for sharing!
maborosi: The blossom drop piece looks so amazing on your hair. I especially love your braided bun! Your action pics makes me appreciate the “dangly” type of flexis. Your hair color is very alluring, and you have similar hair color to my SO who is a carrot top.

caromarpie: Lovely haul! I love all of your choices, and you as well make me really excited for the December FOTM!!! You have fabulous taste with hair to envy!

Finally my first piece that I ordered from black friday arrived. I don't understand why they are arriving later this time around, maybe they are super busy. I'm still waiting for my December FOTM and Aqua Burst. Still, I'm really happy with this "Fantastic" fan piece. To me, it's a little too fancy to wear for everyday and so it will definitely get used for special family occasions, and especially for the lunar new year. I bought this piece in honor of my great grandmother who had floor length hair in her youth and had hip length hair in her 90's, and she was my inspiration to grow my hair out for a very long time until I finally pursued this dream later on in my life. I don't know if i'll ever reach her longest length, but hopefully she is still inside me and a part of me, and may she continue to rest in piece.

that is really insanely beautiful, Rowie.

Selkie-
December 6th, 2014, 07:41 AM
Thank you Yosha. :flower:

I am looking forward to your pictures. The copper rose is indeed a lovely clip - I have one as well. :)

Selkie-
December 6th, 2014, 08:40 AM
Sorry for photo-spamming pictures of my Oct FOTM but I just love it so!! Here today in a cinnabun:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/Rachellejoychadwick/ec4dc2da-6570-46a2-9545-8198d2c87d6f_zps53356e6d.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/Rachellejoychadwick/media/ec4dc2da-6570-46a2-9545-8198d2c87d6f_zps53356e6d.jpg.html)

Quasiquixotic
December 6th, 2014, 08:42 AM
wow! Silkie, that is the first photo of this flexi that has tempted me. You enabler you!! :thud:

Selkie-
December 6th, 2014, 08:45 AM
wow! Silkie, that is the first photo of this flexi that has tempted me. You enabler you!! :thud:

Yeah I am kind of surprised that I love it so much! Btw, I think it would look really great in your hair colour too!! ;)

Johannah
December 6th, 2014, 10:32 AM

The blue with your hair color :crush:

Johannah
December 6th, 2014, 10:33 AM
Sorry for photo-spamming pictures of my Oct FOTM but I just love it so!! Here today in a cinnabun:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/Rachellejoychadwick/ec4dc2da-6570-46a2-9545-8198d2c87d6f_zps53356e6d.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/Rachellejoychadwick/media/ec4dc2da-6570-46a2-9545-8198d2c87d6f_zps53356e6d.jpg.html)

Gosh that bun is biiiiig :thudpile:

AspenSong
December 6th, 2014, 02:39 PM
So my order showed up today...the stick on the one is bent. =/
http://i61.tinypic.com/sowh6p.jpg

Don't know if I should just try to bend it back or send it back....

Quasiquixotic
December 6th, 2014, 02:58 PM
this quality slippage I'm seeing here is concerning. I would write them and see what they say. If they put it all on you, well that would suck, but it makes your decision easier, kwim?

If they are like normal sellers and are all "oh nos! let me fix this for you!!" Then it's all good.

Does it still work bent?

eadwine
December 6th, 2014, 02:58 PM
First thing I would do is contact LillaRose. Really!

Quality control may have nothing to do with this by the way. This could be due to something happening during shipping. It IS in only an envelope after all, so please don't hate on them so quickly. They have sorted my issue out without any hassle at all, remember?

two_wheels
December 6th, 2014, 03:06 PM
I have to say, I had a shipping issue (rather than a quality issue) once and Steve was so great. Of course it would be better to get what you wanted first time, but it's definitely worth getting in touch- I'm sure they will fix it.

Hope the quality issues get resolved though. And majorane, I'm late to the party but that mod is fantastic! I agree with others, it's better than the original.

AspenSong
December 6th, 2014, 03:09 PM
Does it still work bent?

Not *right*. Just doesn't stay the same for me. So yeah. Guess I'll pop them an email and pic.

Rushli
December 6th, 2014, 03:42 PM
Edwine, I love that one! It looks great on you.
Selkie, I agree with Quasi, that is the first picture that really made me want one. It is perfect in your hair!
bummer it does not work right and is bent, AspenSong.... on a related note, I am curious as to what you got.

Kina
December 6th, 2014, 03:52 PM
Mystery solved. My package hasn't been delivered because it wasn't put in the mail until YESTERDAY. A full week after purchase and the label created.

hmmmph!

Anyway, today, 2 of my obsessions collided, hair toys and dance costuming. While on ebay, the PERFECT costume for the December FOTM showed up on my feed, from one of my favorite designers. Only, I ordered an XL, but I don't wear my hair up while performing, so it would have to be a couple of the smalls holding my hair off my face...

:crazyq::face::crazyq::face::crazyq::face:

Quasiquixotic
December 6th, 2014, 04:00 PM
So yeah same thing here. Shipping label made on the 30th. Acceptance on the 5th. I wrote them about this as well and was told it was a USPS problem and there was nothing they could do about it. Conveniently, my package was accepted by the post office the same day as my email.

lapushka
December 6th, 2014, 04:02 PM
Nice way to capture a good hair day, eadwine!

eadwine
December 6th, 2014, 04:03 PM
Thanks Lapushka! :D

AlyBlu
December 6th, 2014, 04:26 PM
So my order showed up today...the stick on the one is bent. =/
http://i61.tinypic.com/sowh6p.jpg

Don't know if I should just try to bend it back or send it back....most definitely send it back. Call customer service and let them know that you recieved it bent, they will help you right away.

Rushli
December 6th, 2014, 04:40 PM
Mystery solved. My package hasn't been delivered because it wasn't put in the mail until YESTERDAY. A full week after purchase and the label created.

hmmmph! (...)

yep, mine too, bummer. Since I asked my consultant if it actually shipped because it only showed the label had been made and she said they had been shipped, I sent DH everyday looking for a package.

AspenSong
December 6th, 2014, 06:04 PM
bummer it does not work right and is bent, AspenSong.... on a related note, I am curious as to what you got.

I'll snap a pic later - I got a Medium of the celtic knot for my MIL and I got myself (the bent one) a Large Cameo. By the time I could get the site to work, all the ones I was aiming for were sold out. =(

Rushli
December 6th, 2014, 06:17 PM
Darn! Are they at least the ones will be in stock next February/March?

Selkie-
December 7th, 2014, 12:49 AM
Thanks Rushli and Johannah :blossom:

AspenSong -- that totally stinks! Hopefully they will sort it out for you quickly. It's so disappointing when you wait eagerly for your clip and then it doesn't work properly!! :(

Looking forward to everyone's pictures of their new flexi's! :popcorn:

Yosha
December 7th, 2014, 07:51 AM
That bent clip... they really should pay more attention to the quality of their clips before they send them :( Isn't it a production fault? I wouldn't be able to bend mine if I wanted. Hopefully they will send you a slip so you can return it without having to pay for postage.

The pictures were taken right before it started to rain, and I only noticed the sloppiness of the bun after I uploaded the pictures to my computer, but I hope the flexis are visible ok.

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8671/15779729650_af3ebdde4e_n.jpg

https://farm9.staticflickr.com/8682/15967094025_8ab21d2884_n.jpg

Selkie-
December 7th, 2014, 07:56 AM
That bent clip... they really should pay more attention to the quality of their clips before they send them :( Isn't it a production fault? I wouldn't be able to bend mine if I wanted. Hopefully they will send you a slip so you can return it without having to pay for postage.

The pictures were taken right before it started to rain, and I only noticed the sloppiness of the bun after I uploaded the pictures to my computer, but I hope the flexis are visible ok.

Oh my gosh those both look stunning on you! What gorgeous hair you have! :inlove:

Are those both mega clips? And which one is the first? And what bun is that? It's so big and amazing!! :agape:

eadwine
December 7th, 2014, 08:01 AM
To those throwing it on quality control, please realize: shipping can do this as well. Please don't be so quick to throw it on quality control ALL the time, some things happen beyond that in the mail and I am 100% certain that this will be sorted just fine as well.

Theobroma
December 7th, 2014, 08:09 AM
To those throwing it on quality control, please realize: shipping can do this as well. Please don't be so quick to throw it on quality control ALL the time, some things happen beyond that in the mail and I am 100% certain that this will be sorted just fine as well.

This. In general, Flexis will travel perfectly happily in a bubble mailer, but the absence of rigid packaging does expose them to a certain risk of having something heavy land on them at just the right angle to do damage.

There have been some legitimate concerns lately about Flexi quality, but from what I've seen, all the complaints have been down to fairly subtle details like a stone glued in crooked or (as in my case) a centrepiece on slightly skew in a way that's most visible when the Flexi is worn and far less so when lying on a flat surface. They might legitimately have been missed by someone working fast to pack large numbers of orders. In the case of this particular clip, the bent pin is practically visible from space and I doubt the folks at LR would have overlooked it if it had already been in that state when they sent it out. I'd bet money that it happened while in transit, and I'm sure that LR will sort it out with no fuss at all!

Johannah
December 7th, 2014, 08:25 AM

Wowie!! Amazing!!

eadwine
December 7th, 2014, 09:54 AM
In the case of this particular clip, the bent pin is practically visible from space
Bwahahaha!! *thumbs up* You had me laughing alright with this one :lol:

Yosha
December 7th, 2014, 11:06 AM
Thanks Selkie and Johannah :blossom: The first is an XL open flower with aurora borealis beads in silver, it is not available anymore but they have them in gold and with other center pieces in silver (aurora borealis cluster or tiara). The second is a mega copper rose. And I'm not sure what the bun is called, it's some type of Asian bun. It is similar to a nautilus bun but upside down.

Morganaa
December 7th, 2014, 12:29 PM
OUPS... should stop having so much tabs open at the same time :o

Winter Fox
December 7th, 2014, 02:57 PM
My october flexi arrived yesterday :D

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7503/15944682266_e90e85f756.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/qhYEwW)

DreamSheep
December 7th, 2014, 03:03 PM
Oh WinterFox, that is perfect with your hair!
I've not been a huge fan of the October FOTM, but you pull it off perfectly :-)

Wosie
December 7th, 2014, 03:14 PM
^ Indeed! Winter Fox, your hair colour truly brings out all of the beauty and the various colours of this flexi. :')

Winter Fox
December 7th, 2014, 03:47 PM
Awww thank you ladies for your kind words! :flower:

sabrinaclrke
December 7th, 2014, 06:05 PM
Could you ladies help me figure out what size to get? I read the sizing chart, and I'm still unsure. I want to be able to do buns with it. My hair is lost in the mid back abyss with fine/medium thickness and is like 2-3 levels away from stick straight (I'm still confused about the whole hair typing thing, sorry). I also want to get one that will last me until at least WL. What size do you suggest? Thanks !

kaydana
December 7th, 2014, 06:42 PM
Could you ladies help me figure out what size to get? I read the sizing chart, and I'm still unsure. I want to be able to do buns with it. My hair is lost in the mid back abyss with fine/medium thickness and is like 2-3 levels away from stick straight (I'm still confused about the whole hair typing thing, sorry). I also want to get one that will last me until at least WL. What size do you suggest? Thanks !

What's the diameter of your bun? The only way to accurately judge what size you'll need for a bun is to measure your bun (ETA: You want to make a relatively compressed bun, not too loose, and keep it pretty flat against your head) and then compare that to the functional length of the flexis (by which I mean the length of the flexi that is actually usable, so I am excluding the length that will extend beyond the figure 8 on both sides).

The functional lengths for what I call the "bun notch" (the one furthest from the tip) are:
Mega - 11cm
XL - 9cm
L - 7cm
M- 6cm
S - 5.25cm
XS - 4.25cm
Mini - 3cm

If you want to use them to cover the whole bun, you'll need the size above your measurement, if you want to do centre held buns go for the size below (you can use the size below that one too, but since you're still growing and want them to last a while I would advise against this)

ETA:
Example: My bun is 10cm. This means I need a mega (11cm) for a cinnabun, but can wear a XL (9cm) or a L (7cm) for centre held buns. The L is quite tight, so if I were planning on growing any longer I would want to only buy megas and XLs.

AlyBlu
December 7th, 2014, 09:19 PM
My october flexi arrived yesterday :D

https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7503/15944682266_e90e85f756.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/qhYEwW)

Gorgeous!!!

eadwine
December 7th, 2014, 09:42 PM
Bun size is NOT the way to go. You DO have to state "compressed" bun. As in tight. I mean I can make my bun as big to fit an XL, but I can definitely NOT wear an XL; it'll be loose and will want to fall out when I wiggle my head. The last thing you want is to get a flexi that is too big.

I am smack in the middle of the ii ponytail thickness and can wear both M and L.

Rushli
December 7th, 2014, 10:22 PM
compressed, but not too tall or it is hard to get the 8 part of it over. I can barely get a large to work in a full bun but have to make a big ol cinnabun for an XL to work. I finally discovered a center held bun that works with my (upper average) thickness and am getting a large to try in the disc bun since I traded my other larges.

Majorane
December 7th, 2014, 10:41 PM
*interrupting the discussion*
So, you know, I'm pretty late to the whole Flexi bandwagon parade, seeing as how I've been lurking here since '10 and all, and only this month got my first flexi's. But, I am catching up. I always thought 'bleh, what is the fuss about a handfull of beads, sticks are SOOO MUCH MORE COOLERER'. But all the different flavours and themes of the flexi's show off the variety in haircolors so well :inlove: For instance I am not a fan of those fall leaves and the Fantastic. But in the chocolate colored locks of Fox and in the jet of Rowie (thank you for the kind words, by the way!) they enhance the hair color, to come out and shine it's awesomeness, and in return the hair makes the flexi shine with heythat'sactuallyrathercoolness, too. What a fun hair jewels they are! I am a fan!

And than y'all for the modlove. And let's all hang out in Hele's bathroom for a party. I bring the delicately pink flowery teacups and serving plate for the cheese to be served on :cheer:
*end of interruption*

Adiro
December 7th, 2014, 11:07 PM
Majorane yours sense of humour is just so lovely :)

Ladies your flexi are so beautiful, indeed it's a pleasure to see so many hair types and flexi styles in one place!!!

The discussion about size is very informative and puzzling in the end. I have two XL flexi, and I ordered more. They fit my buns ( centre held or not ) but they are somehow all getting bumpy in the middle and digging their "wings" into my hair, if I am not careful to grab just a bit of hair. and sometimes I cannot close them.

I guess that for some style I could actually wear a mega, but I don't like the look of some of those, and I don't like the price increase either so I stick with XL

So what I do is to go vertically straight into the bun for the scalp hair ( somewhere close to the middle), and try to come out of the bun at short distance away from entry point, and it works. Or I do a sectioned bun, and just wrap around the "unusable" part of the flexi the remaining hair.

Aderyn
December 7th, 2014, 11:28 PM
This. In general, Flexis will travel perfectly happily in a bubble mailer, but the absence of rigid packaging does expose them to a certain risk of having something heavy land on them at just the right angle to do damage.

There have been some legitimate concerns lately about Flexi quality, but from what I've seen, all the complaints have been down to fairly subtle details like a stone glued in crooked or (as in my case) a centrepiece on slightly skew in a way that's most visible when the Flexi is worn and far less so when lying on a flat surface. They might legitimately have been missed by someone working fast to pack large numbers of orders. In the case of this particular clip, the bent pin is practically visible from space and I doubt the folks at LR would have overlooked it if it had already been in that state when they sent it out. I'd bet money that it happened while in transit, and I'm sure that LR will sort it out with no fuss at all!

A thing I've noticed recently in a few of the flexi's I've received in the past month is that some beads are missing. Or there are extra beads.

I went through and checked all of my flexis ordered prior to the Black Friday sale (I probably have at least two dozen now, point being I have a large sample to gather data from) - all of them are perfect.

From the Black Friday Sale - I ordered three, but the Lilla Rose website added another Flexi into my cart on the very last page of checkout (which was really annoying), so I had four. Out of the 4 Flexi's I received, 3 of them had the incorrect number of beads. 75%. I'm very disappointed, and that is a pretty big quality concern to me.

Here is a picture:

The first one is missing a yellow bead.
The second one is missing a small silver bead.
The third one has a long, silver beaded added.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14747&d=1418019985

ETA: I sent them an email just now, so I hope their customer service is up to par and can fix the two flexi 8's I want to keep and give me a free return label for the one I want to return that their website snuck into my cart. I have heard good things about their customer service, so I do have hope, but we'll see.

Rushli
December 8th, 2014, 12:07 AM
Yikes! hope it all turns out well!

kaydana
December 8th, 2014, 01:53 AM
Bun size is NOT the way to go. You DO have to state "compressed" bun. As in tight. I mean I can make my bun as big to fit an XL, but I can definitely NOT wear an XL; it'll be loose and will want to fall out when I wiggle my head. The last thing you want is to get a flexi that is too big.

I am smack in the middle of the ii ponytail thickness and can wear both M and L.

Then what method would you suggest? Nothing else works. This idea that you can work out what size flexi someone needs from hair length and thickness is ridiculous and significantly more likely to result in people buying the wrong size than if they actually measure the thing they want to wear the flexi in. It's like just measuring the width of your feet to work out what size shoe you need.

Selkie-
December 8th, 2014, 02:39 AM
Thanks Selkie and Johannah :blossom: The first is an XL open flower with aurora borealis beads in silver, it is not available anymore but they have them in gold and with other center pieces in silver (aurora borealis cluster or tiara). The second is a mega copper rose. And I'm not sure what the bun is called, it's some type of Asian bun. It is similar to a nautilus bun but upside down.

Oh yay!!! I was hoping that was the open flower aurora borealis - I ordered one on the Black Friday sale and now I am really looking forward to getting it. It is more beautiful than I thought - or maybe it's just because it's in your hair! lol :D

Selkie-
December 8th, 2014, 02:41 AM
A thing I've noticed recently in a few of the flexi's I've received in the past month is that some beads are missing. Or there are extra beads.

I went through and checked all of my flexis ordered prior to the Black Friday sale (I probably have at least two dozen now, point being I have a large sample to gather data from) - all of them are perfect.

From the Black Friday Sale - I ordered three, but the Lilla Rose website added another Flexi into my cart on the very last page of checkout (which was really annoying), so I had four. Out of the 4 Flexi's I received, 3 of them had the incorrect number of beads. 75%. I'm very disappointed, and that is a pretty big quality concern to me.

Here is a picture:

The first one is missing a yellow bead.
The second one is missing a small silver bead.
The third one has a long, silver beaded added.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14747&d=1418019985

ETA: I sent them an email just now, so I hope their customer service is up to par and can fix the two flexi 8's I want to keep and give me a free return label for the one I want to return that their website snuck into my cart. I have heard good things about their customer service, so I do have hope, but we'll see.

That really stinks! I am sorry for you. Honestly I am getting really worried about all these recent 'problems' with flexi clips. :(

eadwine
December 8th, 2014, 05:18 AM
I have stated how.. make a compact flat bun and measure, not just -a- bun. Because one person buns loose and another buns tightly. I could easily handle the XL with a loose bun of mine. Will it sit proper? No. You're better to err on the side of smaller. I could -easily- handle an L, yet I wear an M, I can make both work in multiple kinds of bun simply by changing the insertion and exit points.

Wosie
December 8th, 2014, 05:44 AM
Oh my, Aderyn... I feel sorry for you. :( Three out of four, that's quite bad. I wonder if this problem is widespread? I probably received my flexis today; if so, I will come back and give my verdict in a jiffy.

Selkie-
December 8th, 2014, 06:04 AM
Oh my, Aderyn... I feel sorry for you. :( Three out of four, that's quite bad. I wonder if this problem is widespread? I probably received my flexis today; if so, I will come back and give my verdict in a jiffy.

Looking forward to pictures! :gabigrin:

Aderyn
December 8th, 2014, 06:05 AM
I've never had this happen before in any of my orders prior to the BF sale. I really hope it's just me with a failed set of Flexi's.

I can see missing the little black nickel bead on the Sept 2014 FOTM, but missing the yellow one on the aqua burst? And adding an extra long bead on the Snowflake one? And having all of those errors be in the same order that I just happened to make! Rotten luck, I suppose.

I sent an initial email over 2 days ago about returning the additional Aqua Burst they sent, and sent the message about the errors in the beading right after the posting above, but still have yet to hear from them.

eadwine
December 8th, 2014, 06:27 AM
Oh my.. Now that IS quality control. I hope they can and will sort it!

Wosie
December 8th, 2014, 06:33 AM
I was right, I received my stash of flexis today! And... I'm happy. ^_^ There were two flaws, both somewhat minor. One of them, I didn't even notice until my boyfriend pointed it out (and I'm a perfectionist and normally notice everything that's not up to my extreme standards within seconds!). On the other hand, I'm not wearing my glasses.

The faults were that one small bead was missing on my Anchor's Aweigh and that the pin wasn't encompassing to 'click' inside of the loop on my Princess Tiara Bronze. Both me and DBF worked a little and flexed it so that it would become shorter and it works fine in my hair albeit the flexi being too long for the pin it was made for.

The positives ('cause I'm quite excited, even though there were some problems): The Fantastic! flexi looks fantastic and just like in the pictures. :'D It's gorgeous! The x-smalls are so super small and terribly cute, my mother instincts gave up when I saw them (they were the first things I saw when I opened my package).

Selkie, I haven't washed my hair for three days, so no pictures of my hair, please. :laugh: But I'll grant your wish of pictures of the flexis themselves; I'll edit it in shortly into this post.

...Here you go!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14749&d=1418047614

And a close-up + flash picture of my Anchor's Aweigh with its missing bead.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14750&d=1418048424

Selkie-
December 8th, 2014, 06:43 AM
and that the pin wasn't encompassing to 'click' inside of the loop on my Princess Tiara Bronze. Both me and DBF worked a little and flexed it so that it would become shorter and it works fine in my hair albeit the flexi being too long for the pin it was made for.

Yeah that's exactly the same problem I had with my latest flexi. I did the same bit of DIY and now it works but it is also too long for the stick/pin part of the clip. All these glitches are really getting annoying. :steam

I am glad however that you are happy and like your new clips. :)

kaydana
December 8th, 2014, 06:48 AM
I have stated how.. make a compact flat bun and measure, not just -a- bun. Because one person buns loose and another buns tightly. I could easily handle the XL with a loose bun of mine. Will it sit proper? No. You're better to err on the side of smaller. I could -easily- handle an L, yet I wear an M, I can make both work in multiple kinds of bun simply by changing the insertion and exit points.

Okay, so I missed something out in my original explanation (which I have since corrected), my bad. That doesn't explain your statement that "bun size is NOT the way to go" because, by your own admission, bun size IS the way to go. I guess I just don't see why you felt the need to insist I was wrong, rather than just give the extra information that you felt was needed. :shrug:

eadwine
December 8th, 2014, 07:08 AM
No, I don't normally advocate the bun side but the circumference, which is more accurate in my eyes. But if one insists the bun has to be the way and not the circumference it does matter how and what bun.

Selkie-
December 8th, 2014, 07:16 AM
Gorgeous clips Wosie!! I agree that the Fantastic looks fantastic! :p

Still looking forward to some action shots when you've washed your hair. lol ;)

kaydana
December 8th, 2014, 07:25 AM
No, I don't normally advocate the bun side but the circumference, which is more accurate in my eyes. But if one insists the bun has to be the way and not the circumference it does matter how and what bun.

I don't understand what you're trying to say. I asked what method you'd suggest and you said to make a compact, flat bun and measure it. Now you're saying you wouldn't advocate measuring the bun. I'm confused.

Wosie
December 8th, 2014, 07:34 AM
Selkie, Thank you (also, for the sweet comment on my profile)! Haha, indeed, its name is very adequate! I love the red colour of the beads; it's the perfect red nuance. :crush:

:laugh: Sure thing, I'll take some action pictures tomorrow, most likely. :o I did take some pictures of me wearing my Marrakesh Romance XS flexi, and the pictures looked rather nice while using the flash of my camera, but without the flash... that's a whole nother story. :tmi:

eadwine
December 8th, 2014, 07:38 AM
Since the method I favor and swear by was written off as bad I went along with the bun.

But anyways, sabrinaclrke, you are in the USA. As far as I know residents of the US can simply buy one (if you are not longer than waist I'd go for an L tops given your profile, bra strap an M) and if it is not the right size you can contact customer service and exchange it for a size smaller or larger. I think they still do that, can't hurt to cross check though. :)

Yosha
December 8th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Winter Fox the october is so pretty! I think I said it somewhere before (or did I just think it?) but copper is a great color addition to the flexis :D

Oh yay!!! I was hoping that was the open flower aurora borealis - I ordered one on the Black Friday sale and now I am really looking forward to getting it. It is more beautiful than I thought - or maybe it's just because it's in your hair! lol :D

Cool! We're flexi twins haha!

I was right, I received my stash of flexis today! And... I'm happy. ^_^ There were two flaws, both somewhat minor. One of them, I didn't even notice until my boyfriend pointed it out (and I'm a perfectionist and normally notice everything that's not up to my extreme standards within seconds!). On the other hand, I'm not wearing my glasses.

The faults were that one small bead was missing on my Anchor's Aweigh and that the pin wasn't encompassing to 'click' inside of the loop on my Princess Tiara Bronze. Both me and DBF worked a little and flexed it so that it would become shorter and it works fine in my hair albeit the flexi being too long for the pin it was made for.

The positives ('cause I'm quite excited, even though there were some problems): The Fantastic! flexi looks fantastic and just like in the pictures. :'D It's gorgeous! The x-smalls are so super small and terribly cute, my mother instincts gave up when I saw them (they were the first things I saw when I opened my package).

Selkie, I haven't washed my hair for three days, so no pictures of my hair, please. :laugh: But I'll grant your wish of pictures of the flexis themselves; I'll edit it in shortly into this post.

...Here you go!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14749&d=1418047614

And a close-up + flash picture of my Anchor's Aweigh with its missing bead.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=14750&d=1418048424

I'm sorry to see there are problems with the beading. My mega has larger loops too, but it is more flexible than my other flexis so luckily that wasn't a problem for me (when I use it it solves the problem because it is more flexible). You got some pretty ones and I'm looking forward to your pictures Wosie. There is one thing I have to mention in addition to the anchor's away that you're not gonna like... on the opposite side of where a small bead is missing, they used a large bead next to the anchor instead of a medium one. It is very difficult to notice, but with the beading things going on I noticed (not sure I'd have seen that if I wasn't paying extra attention).

sabrinaclrke
December 8th, 2014, 08:25 AM
Does anyone know how long it usually takes to ship and recive a flexi? I want to get one for Christmas and I wanted to know the latest I should order to get it in time. I live in nj, usa by the way.

sabrinaclrke
December 8th, 2014, 08:29 AM
Since the method I favor and swear by was written off as bad I went along with the bun.

But anyways, sabrinaclrke, you are in the USA. As far as I know residents of the US can simply buy one (if you are
not longer than waist I'd go for an L tops given your profile, bra strap an M) and if it is not the right size you can contact customer service and exchange it for a size smaller or larger. I think they still do that, can't hurt to cross check though. :)

Thanks! I'm getting two so I'll just get a large and a medium, so if the large is too big I'll just grow into it :) and if the medium is too small I'll just wear it for half ups!

PS: the picture in my profile is a year and a half old, so I've grown since then :)

eadwine
December 8th, 2014, 08:36 AM
I am looking at a bunny Sabrina.. I sure hope it hasn't grown too much bigger *giggles*

Majorane
December 8th, 2014, 09:14 AM
Hey, while we're at it, counting beads and all... my mini green thing has three silver beads on both bottom sides of the loops, but two on the top side. Just to check, they're not always symmetrical top-bottom wise, right? The ones I have are, except that one green thingy, but that's not a flaw, right?

Just checking, all the bead flukes got me worried. I like it heaps so even if it was a fluke I'd love it. Mini flexi's are amazing....

Wosie
December 8th, 2014, 09:22 AM
I'm sorry to see there are problems with the beading. My mega has larger loops too, but it is more flexible than my other flexis so luckily that wasn't a problem for me (when I use it it solves the problem because it is more flexible). You got some pretty ones and I'm looking forward to your pictures Wosie. There is one thing I have to mention in addition to the anchor's away that you're not gonna like... on the opposite side of where a small bead is missing, they used a large bead next to the anchor instead of a medium one. It is very difficult to notice, but with the beading things going on I noticed (not sure I'd have seen that if I wasn't paying extra attention).

Oh, nice catch; I didn't notice it at all (probably because I didn't notice that the silver beads on the Anchor's Aweigh have different sizes :p)!

I guess the quality control this time around was suffering much more than usual due to the very high demand during the Black Friday sale. Normally I presume the quality control checkers are more careful, but this time they didn't have much time to check all the flexis through?

Majorane, I doubt there's a faulty beading if your flexi has the same amount of beads on each side and it looks symmetrical... :thumbsup: What's the flexi called?
Also, do you use minis for half-ups?

sabrinaclrke
December 8th, 2014, 09:50 AM
I am looking at a bunny Sabrina.. I sure hope it hasn't grown too much bigger *giggles*

Hahahah! I meant the one in my profile :)

eadwine
December 8th, 2014, 10:28 AM
OWHHH!!

M. Pretty sure :) And if L then you are on the thicker side of ii and indeed you can use the M for other buns (I leave the outer inches for what they are and stick the stick in far closer to the center. Wouldn't work with a stick, but a flexi works because of the "clamping" the thing does :)

Rushli
December 8th, 2014, 12:37 PM
my second package has arrived!
My first try had the large being a bit to big for a center held bun, second attempt got too much hair and my third holds perfect, but is not so center.... I have another (maybe 2 if it does not get gifted) coming to hopefully show my improved skills later.
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/rushli/all%20the%20toys/7ce5d8cf-020d-4976-994c-03bc62bb808a_zpsb237085b.jpg
I also need figure out when bun to use with youpins.... artemis kind of exploded....
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e20/rushli/all%20the%20toys/a398df4c-ca03-47cb-aa9b-edceec3e6413_zps49647e71.jpg

sabrinaclrke
December 8th, 2014, 01:03 PM
I'm actually getting my first two ever, and I'm not quite sure how it works. I've only used hairsticks but I'm starting to fall in love with forks and flexis :) any advice or turtorials on how to use them? It seems pretty simple but I could be wrong

eadwine
December 8th, 2014, 01:09 PM
Just stick them in the bun, grab some scalp hair, flip the 8 over and secure. I never tried one before and the first one I got was easy as pie :) If you know how to use a hair stick you're good. No need to worry about it being in there too precise either :)

Winter Fox
December 8th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Rushli the Anchor flexi fits your hair color perfectly!

Winter Fox
December 8th, 2014, 01:27 PM
I'm actually getting my first two ever, and I'm not quite sure how it works. I've only used hairsticks but I'm starting to fall in love with forks and flexis :) any advice or turtorials on how to use them? It seems pretty simple but I could be wrong

I find that the Lazy Wrap Bun is perfect for flexis. It's my standard up-do and so easy. Like eadwine said: if you know how to use hair sticks flexis should be no problem. :)

Rushli
December 8th, 2014, 01:30 PM
Thanks Winter Fox!

rags
December 8th, 2014, 02:55 PM
I got mine today, and I must say I am disappointed. Out of four, three have crooked centerpieces, put on to where the flexi doesn't even lie flat when out of the hair! (The fourth is a mini, and it's centerpiece is too far to one side. :( ). Luckily, they are x-smalls I purchased to do mostly braids with, so they are curved in the hair and it doesn't matter. The medium for my bun does show a bit - but it's a discontinued one. I'm not sending mine back because it's not worth the hassle when it doesn't show in the hair, except for the discontinued Fairy (I'm ill and going to the post office is a Big Deal for me!).

I also received a Medium Flitter today in trade for my large one - and it's just amazing how much better quality it is.

I think unless they put out an absolutely AMAZING one, I'm probably done with Flexi's.

Wosie
December 8th, 2014, 03:15 PM
I'm sorry to hear this, rags... :/ Sad that lilla rose are losing customers over the lack of quality control. While I do love the flexis I own, I'm a bit worried about ordering from them, due to all the issues. I don't even know if I can exchange the flexi I wanted to exchange (Festive Leaf) as 'Sweden' wasn't available when DBF tried to make a return mail label for me on the USPS website.

Rushli
December 8th, 2014, 03:44 PM
so sad to hear!

Nebulae
December 8th, 2014, 03:50 PM
Got my order today! :)

Haven't noticed any big flaws on mine, I'll look through them closer another time.
I did notice that my october flexi's pin felt rough to the touch. I might try smoothing it with a nail buffer or something. Also, I hadn't realized that the anchor's aweigh wasn't a "true" gold (like the tree of life) but it seems to be coated with paint! I was a bit disappointed at that.. compared to my really golden TOL it looks and feels a bit cheap. :(

My medium dream catcher is perfect though! I got it mainly for doing folded braids and the like but I wanted to try it as soon as I got home so I put it in my lazy wrap I wore all day, and it fits! So I can use mediums for center held buns.. and since the flexi is smaller, my bun looks bigger, haha! :p

lapushka
December 8th, 2014, 04:45 PM
This lack of quality (control?) is really putting me off here. I notice some not even trying to send their order back. Don't just sit there and take it, you guys, do something about it. Contact them and get a replacement. They need to know!