PDA

View Full Version : The Flexi-8 / Lilla Rose Thread

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70

Selkie-
October 3rd, 2014, 04:54 AM
Thanks Hootenanny and Crystawni! :)

Those are lovely Crystawni - I especially love the 'hues of blue' one!

Kittybird - so pretty! And your bun is epic as always! :D

lapushka
October 3rd, 2014, 07:07 AM
So I have discovered the Flexi8 and I am very very tempted to order one (maybe for Christmas - as I'm not great with the whole ordering over Internet thing).
I particularly love the green dragonfly one. :)

The only thing is I don't know which size I should order - the "Mega" is not listed in the sizing charts - but given my ponytail is over 5'', and hip length hair (though with a lot of taper), which would be the safest size to go for? I'm afraid I'll get one that is too small, or one that is too large and will have to wait to grow into (though I suppose that is preferable, though the bigger ones also seem to be more expensive :()

By the way, SnottyDotty, loving the pink in your hair! :D

I'm 4.25" and I use a L for a LWB and an XL for a cinnabun. You might need an XL and a mega.

DreamSheep
October 3rd, 2014, 10:41 AM
Thank you lapushka and Crystawni!

Right now my hair, although hip length, is not quite long enough to do anything too fancy.
Day to day I usually do a nearly-nautilus bun (see avatar), so I guess I would want a flexi to hold that to mix things up again. Would I be looking at an XL or a Mega for that. My cinnabuns and LWB are pretty indistinguishable I think (what is the difference?) - but I feel they might be a bit more compact than the Nautilus, not sure.
I also saw on the website that some people use them as ponytail holders. Are they damage free if used like that (as I'm guessing the flexi is made of metal), and which size would I be looking at if they are a recommended usage?

I guess I could also do half up or little twin things on special occasions, but again my hair is quite thick so I'm not sure which size I'd go for. I know almost certainly not the Mini, probably not XS, but small/medium/large? My hair is also of the slippery sort, and no curls (a bit of wave), if that helps!

ETA: After seeing Larki's post, I decided to measure my bun width and on my nautilus bun it varies from 4.75'' to 6'' depending on where you measure.

Larki
October 3rd, 2014, 10:50 AM
I have slippery hair and a 3.8" ponytail circumference, 3.5-4" bun diameter. I have an XL for buns and a small for half ups.

SnottyDotty
October 3rd, 2014, 02:24 PM
Thank you KittyBird and Crystawni!
Beautiful Marrakesh Romance Crystawni

And thank you Dreamsheep, I'm growing it out to natural but having fun with it in the mean time :)

lapushka
October 3rd, 2014, 03:37 PM
Right now my hair, although hip length, is not quite long enough to do anything too fancy.
Day to day I usually do a nearly-nautilus bun (see avatar), so I guess I would want a flexi to hold that to mix things up again. Would I be looking at an XL or a Mega for that. My cinnabuns and LWB are pretty indistinguishable I think (what is the difference?) - but I feel they might be a bit more compact than the Nautilus, not sure.
I also saw on the website that some people use them as ponytail holders. Are they damage free if used like that (as I'm guessing the flexi is made of metal), and which size would I be looking at if they are a recommended usage?

I guess I could also do half up or little twin things on special occasions, but again my hair is quite thick so I'm not sure which size I'd go for. I know almost certainly not the Mini, probably not XS, but small/medium/large? My hair is also of the slippery sort, and no curls (a bit of wave), if that helps!

ETA: After seeing Larki's post, I decided to measure my bun width and on my nautilus bun it varies from 4.75'' to 6'' depending on where you measure.

I'm guessing, and this is just by the look of your avatar, that a mega really isn't a bad option for you. I've seen thinner circs on here with a mega. ;) I'd just get the XL for buns that need to be fastened from "within" like a LWB.

Johannah
October 4th, 2014, 10:41 AM
So, just read through this thread because I haven't been online for a week ;) I'm not sure about the FOTM... I like it but... Not enough, I guess. I'm waiting for some pictures :D

Johannah
October 4th, 2014, 10:41 AM
Very pretty, SnottyDotty and Selkie! And as for sizing, DreamSheep, do you only want it for buns, or other styles? And what sort of buns? Centre-held or something the flexi can fully envelop? All sizes have their place, no matter how long your hair is (but hair thickness/thinness, slipperiness and amount of curl can be an issue).

As for these innocent little darlings... Gah! See what happens when you start with just one, itty bitty mini-flexi (my Heart Bloom a few pages back (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=2817198&viewfull=1#post2817198))? They grow! Well, mostly...

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o722/Weighting/flexi8_zps3648db21.jpg

Top left: Large Marrakesh Romance
Top right: Large Hues of Blues
Bottom left: Mini danglie
Bottom right: XS Open Flower Gold

All but the last one were from the swap board. :) So, now that I have a better idea of sizes, I've bought some small ones from Lilla Rose for ponytails (and maybe an XS fell into my cart, too, because I liked it lots but it didn't come in the small size... :rolleyes:).

That golden open flower... Gosh...... :inlove:

DreamSheep
October 5th, 2014, 09:35 AM
Trying to make my mind up to buy a Flexi-8!
I'd like to get two, a Mega and an XL. I definitely want Flitter, I'm in love with this one ($30 as mega, $25 as XL), but I am a bit stuck for my second option.

How do you decide what goes with a certain hair colour and what doesn't? I think my hair is fairly warm-toned (see avatar, I'm not good at the whole colour thing), so I'm assuming golden or coppery would look better than silver? Or am I wrong to think that? I made a list of the models I thought might suit me or that I really liked and listed them down below (I put the prices in for myself). I realise choosing a hairtoy is a personal experience, but I appreciate any input on how you choose what colour/style to go with your hair! :)

Marrakesh Romance ($21 XL)
Blossom Medley
Copper Rose
Rays of Sunshine
DreamCatcher ($30 Mega, $26 XL)
Brilliant Bluem ($24 XL)
Steampunk ($26 Mega, $21 XL)
Festive Leaf ($23 XL)
Tree of Life ($26 Mega, $24 XL) (on the fence for this one, I'd only wear it to formal events)

two_wheels
October 5th, 2014, 09:43 AM
Your hair colour looks kind of like mine and I prefer brass/gold on mine over silver. I'm not going to spam this thread with pics I've already posted but here (http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb359/wheels_two/all_the_flexis_zps044a4ccf.png) is a selection for you to look at.

Definitely festive leaf. I don't have Marrakesh but am sorely tempted as it looks lovely. There are lots more brass ones on Cultmate.de that aren't on Lilla Rose. The top row in the picture I linked to above- those are all cultmate. Bottom row is dreamcatcher, festive leaf, flitter.

Edit to add: beware- they put full price on the package, so order them one at a time if you are ordering fewer than 5, or you will get customs charge with £8 flat surcharge for "handling". This is why I get them from cultmate more often. More than 5 and the handling + tax becomes less than the shipping, I think, then it depends whether you are happy to wait 4 weeks for royal mail and customs to pull their finger out.

Final edit, I promise! - I am fussy, and the main thing is that *you* like it, I'm just saying what I like :)

DreamSheep
October 5th, 2014, 10:29 AM
Your hair colour looks kind of like mine and I prefer brass/gold on mine over silver. I'm not going to spam this thread with pics I've already posted but here (http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb359/wheels_two/all_the_flexis_zps044a4ccf.png) is a selection for you to look at.

Definitely festive leaf. I don't have Marrakesh but am sorely tempted as it looks lovely. There are lots more brass ones on Cultmate.de that aren't on Lilla Rose. The top row in the picture I linked to above- those are all cultmate. Bottom row is dreamcatcher, festive leaf, flitter.

Edit to add: beware- they put full price on the package, so order them one at a time if you are ordering fewer than 5, or you will get customs charge with £8 flat surcharge for "handling". This is why I get them from cultmate more often. More than 5 and the handling + tax becomes less than the shipping, I think, then it depends whether you are happy to wait 4 weeks for royal mail and customs to pull their finger out.

Final edit, I promise! - I am fussy, and the main thing is that *you* like it, I'm just saying what I like :)
Whoo! Thanks for the detailed reply - this is just what I need :)
I have perused Cultmate, but they don't seem to have Flitter, which is my number one love right now. :) (but have located a few more gorgeous flexis on cultmate, just as you said!)

Overall, I thought it would be cheaper to order both flexis from the same site (and pay shipping charges just once?). I thought I'd just get charged $6.95 at the end for Standard International Shipping, or does the 8 pounds come later on at the receiving end? (I'm not sure I understood that bit! I thought lillarose no longer did customs on flexis).

I wish I could order more than 5 flexis :p but being on a student budget means I have to be really picky for now :(

two_wheels
October 5th, 2014, 10:38 AM
Ah - I meant customs charges :)

When the parcel arrives, if it says more than £15 value on the parcel, you will have to pay 'customs' i.e. UK import VAT of 20%, plus £8 handling fee for the package. If it's less than £15 you will pay zero.

Suppose you buy 2, and have them shipped together, Lilla Rose will write $40 on the package. You will then wait a few weeks while the tax people in the UK take their merry time processing it. Then you will get a card through the door telling you to pay £8 handling plus about £5 tax = £13. You can pay at the delivery office & receive your parcel or you can pay online & they will deliver on another day of your choice.

Suppose you ship them separately. You will pay about $7 more than having them shipped together which is about £4. The flexis will arrive in about a week and there will be nothing to pay. So you save £9.

Packages within Europe don't have this charge attached hence cultmate goodness.

StellaKatherine
October 5th, 2014, 10:54 AM
Very pretty, SnottyDotty and Selkie! And as for sizing, DreamSheep, do you only want it for buns, or other styles? And what sort of buns? Centre-held or something the flexi can fully envelop? All sizes have their place, no matter how long your hair is (but hair thickness/thinness, slipperiness and amount of curl can be an issue).

As for these innocent little darlings... Gah! See what happens when you start with just one, itty bitty mini-flexi (my Heart Bloom a few pages back (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17757&p=2817198&viewfull=1#post2817198))? They grow! Well, mostly...

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o722/Weighting/flexi8_zps3648db21.jpg

Top left: Large Marrakesh Romance
Top right: Large Hues of Blues
Bottom left: Mini danglie
Bottom right: XS Open Flower Gold

All but the last one were from the swap board. :) So, now that I have a better idea of sizes, I've bought some small ones from Lilla Rose for ponytails (and maybe an XS fell into my cart, too, because I liked it lots but it didn't come in the small size... :rolleyes:).

Both silver and gold colours look so amazing in your hair!!! Just showed your photos to my husband and asked if he too though your hair colour was to die for amazing and he agreed with me :D

Johannah
October 6th, 2014, 12:52 AM
Trying to make my mind up to buy a Flexi-8!
I'd like to get two, a Mega and an XL. I definitely want Flitter, I'm in love with this one ($30 as mega, $25 as XL), but I am a bit stuck for my second option.

How do you decide what goes with a certain hair colour and what doesn't? I think my hair is fairly warm-toned (see avatar, I'm not good at the whole colour thing), so I'm assuming golden or coppery would look better than silver? Or am I wrong to think that? I made a list of the models I thought might suit me or that I really liked and listed them down below (I put the prices in for myself). I realise choosing a hairtoy is a personal experience, but I appreciate any input on how you choose what colour/style to go with your hair! :)

Marrakesh Romance ($21 XL)
Blossom Medley
Copper Rose
Rays of Sunshine
DreamCatcher ($30 Mega, $26 XL)
Brilliant Bluem ($24 XL)
Steampunk ($26 Mega, $21 XL)
Festive Leaf ($23 XL)
Tree of Life ($26 Mega, $24 XL) (on the fence for this one, I'd only wear it to formal events)

Your hair has a golden, warm undertone. So yes, golden or copper flexi's would work best IMO.

My hair is a golden blonde and I got the festive leaf and TOL, there are pictures in my album.

butter52
October 6th, 2014, 01:40 AM
I got my flexy rays of sun headband. Its so purrrrty I coult totally use it as a necklace.

(sorry I still havent figured out how to put photos and make albums)

Hele
October 6th, 2014, 08:40 PM
new flexi's arrived in my mailbox today! I can never get focused pictures of them but here they are in rained on hair. In other news i think i'm starting to outgrow XLs, i'm having a harder time getting my hair into them and my hair slowly starts engulfing them after a couple hours. :(

i'm on the fence about the FOTM, i like it but it's not going to be one of my favorites...

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab76/heletwo/octfotm_zps874ddec2.jpg (http://s851.photobucket.com/user/heletwo/media/octfotm_zps874ddec2.jpg.html)

however i'm super wowed by Kaleidoscope, i love this one!

http://i851.photobucket.com/albums/ab76/heletwo/octfotmm_zps77613cb2.jpg (http://s851.photobucket.com/user/heletwo/media/octfotmm_zps77613cb2.jpg.html)

Undomiel
October 6th, 2014, 11:50 PM
Hele I love your flexis! Especially the new autumn one :). I was just on the website to buy my first. I need a mega and I'm not sure if I want the autumn one or a more plain silver celtic knot... decisions, decisions....

Johannah
October 7th, 2014, 01:02 AM
Lovely flexi's, Hele!

eadwine
October 7th, 2014, 10:53 AM
I have the kaleido.. it's GREAT!

Mine arrived too. Even a mini looks rather big still on my small head LOL I have two of these paws now :) There is one on the other side. Of course I need to wear a silver Flexi in the bun, but.. for an idea I just stuck these in the hair :)

http://i1145.photobucket.com/albums/o518/eadwine/Haarspul/mini.jpg

lapushka
October 7th, 2014, 04:19 PM
Cute mini, eadwine! Love the pawprint.

Larki
October 7th, 2014, 06:22 PM
I wish the pawprint came in gold!

NaClH2O
October 7th, 2014, 07:48 PM
Paging HELE! I also feel like my XL flexi's are getting a big snug. Have you considered a mega? I'm nervous to try one, they seem so gigantic. I kind of want to see one of you first! Since we seen to be having the same issue... ha ha.

I like the FOTM on you, not sure I want one for myself.... the centerpiece bugs me for some reason. :p

I also have the kaleidoscope and love it - it's one of my favorites and most-worn flexi's. Good choice!!

Hele
October 7th, 2014, 07:55 PM
i'm slowly inching my way toward trying a mega...i worry i'm in some sort of no man's land where XL is kinda tight but mega is huge. I'm thinking about buying one mega and seeing what happens, i'm still growing my hair out so it will fit at some point i'm sure! I have a slightly smaller than normal XL that works for half ups, there's a picture somewhere on the "wear all your toys" thread...that's probably a sign it's time for a mega!

i'm not so keen on the FOTM centerpiece either, it reminds me of Thanksgiving for some reason. And the acorns look like something else to me, haha.

NaClH2O
October 7th, 2014, 08:00 PM
XL's are definitely tight on my lazy wrap bun right now, but still manageable. I'm certain mega's would be too large at this point...sure wish there was a size in between! :p Sounds like it would be perfect for us.

Maybe I'll have to bite the bullet, be brave, and order one sometime....just to play around with it and have something to grow into.

Hele
October 7th, 2014, 08:08 PM
XLs don't work on cinnabuns for me but they're great (but tight) on LWBs. I have a bunch of LIs and TTs i like for cinnabuns so i haven't been motivated to buy a bigger flexi. Next sale though i'll finally get one and see how it does, i'll report back!

Johannah
October 8th, 2014, 12:18 AM
XL's are definitely tight on my lazy wrap bun right now, but still manageable. I'm certain mega's would be too large at this point...sure wish there was a size in between! :p Sounds like it would be perfect for us.

Maybe I'll have to bite the bullet, be brave, and order one sometime....just to play around with it and have something to grow into.

Oh yes!! Right now XL is fine, but if I'm going to maintain... I'm not sure. But mega is waaaay too big. :(

Crystawni
October 8th, 2014, 01:36 AM
Thanks Hootenanny and Crystawni! :)

Those are lovely Crystawni - I especially love the 'hues of blue' one!

Kittybird - so pretty! And your bun is epic as always! :D

Thank you KittyBird and Crystawni!
Beautiful Marrakesh Romance Crystawni

And thank you Dreamsheep, I'm growing it out to natural but having fun with it in the mean time :)

That golden open flower... Gosh...... :inlove:

Both silver and gold colours look so amazing in your hair!!! Just showed your photos to my husband and asked if he too though your hair colour was to die for amazing and he agreed with me :D

Thank you all! :flowers: And SK, how to make a girl blush, woman! :p I told my hubby, and he just looked confused. He has more salt than pepper in his hair now, and can't understand all the fuss! Hehehehehe!

Hele, I like how the kali, kaleida, kawatchamacallit pops in your hair. The FOTM is pretty, but lacks that wow factor on you.

eadwine, love the mini paws!

:popcorn: on the megas. I'm still to try an XL, so just watching all you longerthanme-hairs figure it out over there. :D

KittyBird
October 8th, 2014, 01:46 AM
For those who are considering buying mega flexis, I say go for it! ;) I used a mega at hip+ length, but only for cinnamon buns and disc buns. At tbl+ I mostly use them for center-held buns. I personally don't think the megas are that big :p

kaydana
October 8th, 2014, 01:52 AM
I agree with KittyBird, the megas really aren't that big.

Nightshade
October 8th, 2014, 07:30 AM
For those who are considering buying mega flexis, I say go for it! ;) I used a mega at hip+ length, but only for cinnamon buns and disc buns. At tbl+ I mostly use them for center-held buns. I personally don't think the megas are that big :p

I had tried one, but I suppose I'm a ii rather than a iii and I have a bit more taper and layers. In any event a Mega was a smidge too big for me :)

DreamSheep
October 8th, 2014, 07:35 AM
Ah - I meant customs charges :)

When the parcel arrives, if it says more than £15 value on the parcel, you will have to pay 'customs' i.e. UK import VAT of 20%, plus £8 handling fee for the package. If it's less than £15 you will pay zero.

Suppose you buy 2, and have them shipped together, Lilla Rose will write $40 on the package. You will then wait a few weeks while the tax people in the UK take their merry time processing it. Then you will get a card through the door telling you to pay £8 handling plus about £5 tax = £13. You can pay at the delivery office & receive your parcel or you can pay online & they will deliver on another day of your choice.

Suppose you ship them separately. You will pay about $7 more than having them shipped together which is about £4. The flexis will arrive in about a week and there will be nothing to pay. So you save £9.

Packages within Europe don't have this charge attached hence cultmate goodness.

Oh right- I see!
Unfortunately the flitter mega is not on cultmate and is about £18 I think... :( Do shipping costs go towards custom charges?
Do all parcels above £15 get stopped by customs, or is it a bit of a gamble?

I might find out what the deal with customs is in Spain, and may order to ship there instead if the outlook is better than the UK :p and then get them at Christmas!

kaydana
October 8th, 2014, 08:00 AM
Oh right- I see!
Unfortunately the flitter mega is not on cultmate and is about £18 I think... :( Do shipping costs go towards custom charges?
Do all parcels above £15 get stopped by customs, or is it a bit of a gamble?

I might find out what the deal with customs is in Spain, and may order to ship there instead if the outlook is better than the UK :p and then get them at Christmas!

All of the megas are above the customs limit, it makes me sad. No new flexis for me. :(

I've had envelopes marked with a higher value slip through unnoticed (not flexis, don't know how they package them), but I wouldn't chance it intentionally.

Nightshade
October 8th, 2014, 08:15 AM
*cough*

You know, some people are happy to send things across the pond and take creative liberties with the marked package value :eyebrows:

Quasiquixotic
October 8th, 2014, 08:17 AM
*cough*

You know, some people are happy to send things across the pond and take creative liberties with the marked package value :eyebrows:

I second this...

DreamSheep
October 8th, 2014, 08:27 AM
All of the megas are above the customs limit, it makes me sad. No new flexis for me. :(

I've had envelopes marked with a higher value slip through unnoticed (not flexis, don't know how they package them), but I wouldn't chance it intentionally.

*sigh*
I guess I will wait until some discount code pops up :)
It seems the prices of this $30 mega is just over the limit for both Spain and the UK - very frustrating!
Is VAT in the UK 20% on imported items?

DreamSheep
October 8th, 2014, 08:28 AM
*cough*

I second this...

:) *flutters eyelashes*
That would be fantastic!

StellaKatherine
October 8th, 2014, 08:32 AM
Those people are too amazing!!! :o

Nightshade
October 8th, 2014, 08:43 AM
:) *flutters eyelashes*
That would be fantastic!

I'm not sure if shipping to me and then shipping across the pond is cheaper than shipping right to you + customs, but I'm game to try if you are :) Just PM me if you want to give it a go.

eadwine
October 8th, 2014, 08:53 AM
As for the mega being not so big.. have you looked at the mini on my head? *giggle*

Thanks everyone!!

StellaKatherine
October 8th, 2014, 09:00 AM
As for the mega being not so big.. have you looked at the mini on my head? *giggle*

Thanks everyone!!

I shoud probably get the mini just for fun, as my head is BIG so we could compare ;)

two_wheels
October 8th, 2014, 12:49 PM
I'm not sure if shipping to me and then shipping across the pond is cheaper than shipping right to you + customs, but I'm game to try if you are :) Just PM me if you want to give it a go.

It is definitely cheaper- we pay £8 fixed handling plus 20% of the value marked on the parcel. Receiving a gift, we get a higher limit and would pay zero. Even to save the £8 it would be worth it.

I hope there are still lovely people like you around if I ever grow into a mega! Years to go on that one though :)

Nightshade
October 8th, 2014, 01:24 PM
Yeesh, that's highway robbery!

two_wheels
October 8th, 2014, 01:32 PM
Yep, I would voluntarily pay the 20% tax on *every* parcel that came from outside the EU if it meant I didn't have to pay the £8 handling fee for every single one over £15. Just my opinion.

kaydana
October 8th, 2014, 01:41 PM
Yep, I would voluntarily pay the 20% tax on *every* parcel that came from outside the EU if it meant I didn't have to pay the £8 handling fee for every single one over £15. Just my opinion.

Seconding this. I have absolutely no objections at all to paying the 20% tax, but the handling fee makes me :steam

DreamSheep
October 9th, 2014, 05:17 AM
Yeesh, that's highway robbery!
I will probably get in contact with you or Quasi soonish about this :-)

I need to sort out a PayPal account first. : ) I dreamt of that Flexi8 last night...

(and I agree - it's a robbery! :( I checked the limit in Spain, and although I think I'd be paying slightly less, I still get charged ~5euro handling fee and 21% tax there, and the price of the mega is still over :( )

eadwine
October 9th, 2014, 02:32 PM
I WISH it was 5 euros here.. it's freakin' 13.. with 21% tax *sigh*

Ah well.. order 1 at a time then ey. :)

StellaKatherine
October 9th, 2014, 02:40 PM
eadwine, I wish it was 21% tax.... it is 24% tax here :cry:

DreamSheep
October 9th, 2014, 02:49 PM
I WISH it was 5 euros here.. it's freakin' 13.. with 21% tax *sigh*

Ah well.. order 1 at a time then ey. :)

eadwine, I wish it was 21% tax.... it is 24% tax here :cry:
Sorry, that was meant to be 15 euros - not 5! :p

KittyBird
October 10th, 2014, 07:06 AM
My FotM arrived! I love the beads, but the centerpiece doesn't stand out enough. It needs more colour! I'm going to paint it with a nice shade of green, maybe add some sparklies too :cool:

Nightshade
October 10th, 2014, 07:28 AM
My FotM arrived! I love the beads, but the centerpiece doesn't stand out enough. It needs more colour! I'm going to paint it with a nice shade of green, maybe add some sparklies too :cool:

I got mine, too! I'm thinking of taking it apart, taking out the faceted beads and adding in more leaves and round greens ^_^

Looking forward to your mods!

Theobroma
October 10th, 2014, 07:40 AM
I got mine, too! I'm thinking of taking it apart, taking out the faceted beads and adding in more leaves and round greens ^_^

I want to see pictures of the result! :D

Speaking of taking apart a Flexi, though. I received two from Cultmate today and they're both a shade wonky because the interlinked loops on the ends of the wires are slightly off-centre underneath the centrepieces. I'd like to fix that and I don't anticipate any trouble prising open the little claws on the bottom of the centre, but how would I go about closing them again without potentially denting or scratching the top of the centre? Nightshade, how do you go about reattaching a Flexi centre?

Nightshade
October 10th, 2014, 07:49 AM
For closing the loops again I have a pair of nylon-ended pliers (http://www.esslinger.com/images/products/detail/46.0434.jpg) (so they don't scratch the metal or leave marks). Otherwise just put a piece of leather or suede between the pliers and the centerpiece and use very gentle pressure :)

Theobroma
October 10th, 2014, 07:59 AM
Suede it is then, thanks! I'll have to get hold of some nylon-ended pliers at some point, but for now I'll make do with what I have.

eadwine
October 10th, 2014, 08:20 AM
If I were to do this the little legs would SO break off.. knowing my luck LOL

Theobroma
October 10th, 2014, 08:22 AM
Yes, I'm a little nervous about that! But I don't want to leave them as-is because they just look snaggly and sloppily made. I don't think I'll be buying Flexis from Cultmate again.

Maelyssa
October 10th, 2014, 07:42 PM

Mine has arrived as well and it's my first Flexi ever. I must say that it's doing a beautiful job at holding my hair. I purchased an XL and I tell you, I made the mistake at the beginning of the summer of a cut and layers that I sorely regret. This is the first way I've been able to wear an up do without hair sticking out of it everywhere. Um in love and will definitely get another

I actually like my FotM for October. Maybe if I get another one so I can have this one out a bit I'll think of a mod but it really is lovely on its own. Would I make some changes, sure but they're not have to changes just more Luke...wouldn't it be nice kind of changes. :)

Aderyn
October 11th, 2014, 12:58 PM
I have some Flexis out for delivery today! So happy. I ordered the FOTM for October since I'm a sucker for leaf designs - I'm hoping it does not disappoint!

Selkie-
October 13th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Where are the action pictures of the FOTM?? :eyebrows:

StellaKatherine
October 13th, 2014, 12:10 PM
Question, does Lilla Rose has a black friday sale ?

Johannah
October 14th, 2014, 12:59 AM
Question, does Lilla Rose has a black friday sale ?

Based on google results, yes! (https://www.google.be/#q=lilla+rose+black+friday)

Crystawni
October 14th, 2014, 01:07 AM
More pretties arrived for me yesterday, one extra small and five smalls. :bounce:

https://i.imgur.com/q9TPkVE.jpg

Action shots:

https://i.imgur.com/PtXVADc.jpg

And the Flexifam of 2 minis, 2 extra smalls, 5 smalls and 2 larges:

https://i.imgur.com/HjbuKlS.jpg

Johannah
October 14th, 2014, 04:08 AM
Amazing collection, Crystawni!

Crystawni
October 14th, 2014, 04:56 AM
Thank you, Johannah! :blossom:

StellaKatherine
October 14th, 2014, 07:32 AM
More pretties arrived for me yesterday, one extra small and five smalls. :bounce:

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o722/Weighting/flexi13oct_zps0de5c67b.jpg

Action shots:

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o722/Weighting/flexi8s_zpsf0541017.jpg

And the Flexifam of 2 minis, 2 extra smalls, 5 smalls and 2 larges:

http://i1340.photobucket.com/albums/o722/Weighting/flexifam_zps2d79fec4.jpg

I must say you truely have some amazing taste! I love every single one of the hairtoys you got!!!! And girl do I LOVE your hair.. :crush: I feel like a stalker every time I see your hair.... :laugh:

StellaKatherine
October 14th, 2014, 07:39 AM
Based on google results, yes! (https://www.google.be/#q=lilla+rose+black+friday)

Ohhh..... Hopefully they will have again!!!!!!!!

Theobroma
October 14th, 2014, 07:54 AM
That's a beautiful collection, Crystawni!

Maelyssa
October 14th, 2014, 08:24 AM
Where are the action pictures of the FOTM?? :eyebrows:

They're right here...Lol...just forgive the crappy bun. I just threw it all up in the Flexi before heading out very early this morning. Hope this pics aren't huge...doing this on my phone. :)

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd510/_Melyssa_/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0758_zpsnwyztumf.jpg (http://s1223.photobucket.com/user/_Melyssa_/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0758_zpsnwyztumf.jpg.html)

http://i1223.photobucket.com/albums/dd510/_Melyssa_/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0750_zpsbvekilwm.jpg (http://s1223.photobucket.com/user/_Melyssa_/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMAG0750_zpsbvekilwm.jpg.html)

eadwine
October 14th, 2014, 08:35 AM
WHEN is black Friday? :)

Nightshade
October 14th, 2014, 08:39 AM
They're right here...Lol...just forgive the crappy bun. I just threw it all up in the Flexi before heading out very early this morning. Hope this pics aren't huge...doing this on my phone. :)

Ohhh, that's lovely :

Edawnie it's the Friday following the US Thanksgiving :)

Edelweiss
October 14th, 2014, 12:25 PM
Wow so many beautiful flexi here ! I should post a pic of mine :)

I have a little question, does anyone know if there is any summary post of all the hairstyle possible with a flexi ?

I caught myself always doing the same hairstyles when using my flexi and I want to try something else :) Thank you !

Johannah
October 14th, 2014, 12:56 PM
WHEN is black Friday? :)

November 28 :)

eadwine
October 14th, 2014, 01:35 PM
November 28 :)

Thank you! I would have NO idea when US thanksgiving is LOL I need dates ;)

Maelyssa
October 14th, 2014, 02:31 PM
Ohhh, that's lovely :

Edawnie it's the Friday following the US Thanksgiving :)

Thank you so much...I'm so getting more plus some of my girls have tried it out and requested them for birthdays. :)

Maelyssa
October 14th, 2014, 02:33 PM

I take it they also have Black Friday special deals? I must remember this!

Crystawni
October 15th, 2014, 05:25 AM
Gosh, you make me grin so much, SK! Thank you! You're such a sweetie! And thank you, Theobroma! :flowers:

Maelyssa, the FOTM suits you! Great pics, too!

Edelweiss, I'm finding you can do just about anything with the flexis, depending on the size you buy. They also send a pamphlet out when you purchase your flexis, too, or you can check out this page (http://www.lillarose.biz/DebToms/flexi-sizing-and-styling.html?id=6SBMQQUa) with sizing and styling. Or Google has images that may help.

Edelweiss
October 15th, 2014, 10:43 AM
Thank you so much Crystawni ! :grin:

Johannah
October 15th, 2014, 11:15 AM

Europe people problems ;)

KittyBird
October 15th, 2014, 11:51 AM
I took pictures of the FotM today, and they all sucked. :mad: It looks dull, boring and like it blends too much with my hair, and that's not true! Believe me, it looks really pretty when I look at it in the mirror. I blame my camera and the lighting outside.
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3939/15357253649_059b04b4d1.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/pp4Wtk)[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/people/124729000@N07/]kittehbird (https://flic.kr/p/pp4Wtk)

eadwine
October 15th, 2014, 02:27 PM
It looks lovely, I bet it sparkles :D

StellaKatherine
October 16th, 2014, 05:47 AM
Did you guys see there are discounts on all flexies ? 10-15% till 18th of this month!!!!

StellaKatherine
October 16th, 2014, 07:37 AM
Kinda tempted to get this one https://secure.lillarose.biz/products/detail/8-1794.jpg , but not sure... The couple that I REALLY liked are not available in size XL right now :D

btw question... I've seen couple of pictures with girls wearing flexies with two buns. What would you think my size would be then ? 1,5 inch per a bun with tailbone length, would it be M or maybe even S ?

Theobroma
October 16th, 2014, 08:16 AM
Kinda tempted to get this one https://secure.lillarose.biz/products/detail/8-1794.jpg , but not sure... The couple that I REALLY liked are not available in size XL right now :D

btw question... I've seen couple of pictures with girls wearing flexies with two buns. What would you think my size would be then ? 1,5 inch per a bun with tailbone length, would it be M or maybe even S ?

I'm at classic (with lots of taper) and I use mediums for double buns (wearing them today, as a matter of fact). I'd advise against smalls since I suspect they'd be too tight a fit.

I love the Marrakesh Romance, by the way -- bought my XL during the last sale!

Hele
October 16th, 2014, 09:09 AM
i love your hair down Crystawni! And you got me wanting one of those Tidepool flexis now...

today i decided to buy my first mega flexi. Seeing as i'm starting to have trouble cramming all my hair into an XL and can use the smaller of the XLs for half ups it seems like it might be time to try a bigger one. I'll report back! :D (It's a Festive Poinsettia by the way)

Larki
October 16th, 2014, 11:52 AM
It's a good thing none of the flexis on sale appeal to me!

KittyBird
October 16th, 2014, 01:03 PM
It looks lovely, I bet it sparkles :D

Thank you! :D

Maelyssa
October 16th, 2014, 09:38 PM
Gosh, you make me grin so much, SK! Thank you! You're such a sweetie! And thank you, Theobroma! :flowers:

Maelyssa, the FOTM suits you! Great pics, too!

Edelweiss, I'm finding you can do just about anything with the flexis, depending on the size you buy. They also send a pamphlet out when you purchase your flexis, too, or you can check out this page (http://www.lillarose.biz/DebToms/flexi-sizing-and-styling.html?id=6SBMQQUa) with sizing and styling. Or Google has images that may help.

You're too sweet...Thank you for the compliment! I have found that I'm completely loving Flexis.

Maelyssa
October 16th, 2014, 09:40 PM
I took pictures of the FotM today, and they all sucked. :mad: It looks dull, boring and like it blends too much with my hair, and that's not true! Believe me, it looks really pretty when I look at it in the mirror. I blame my camera and the lighting outside.
https://farm4.staticflickr.com/3939/15357253649_059b04b4d1.jpg (https://flic.kr/p/pp4Wtk)[/url] by [url=https://www.flickr.com/people/124729000@N07/]kittehbird (https://flic.kr/p/pp4Wtk)

Gorgeous action shot of the FoRM. Beautiful bun and don't worry the clip looks fantastic on you.

Crystawni
October 16th, 2014, 10:53 PM
Oh, KittyBird, I really like that in your hair! It suits really well! And thank you, Hele! I may or may not have purchased 2 XLs for cinnabuns--Sparkling Snowflake and Princess Tiara Bronze, and 2 XSs for braids and half-ups--Floral Design Black Nickel and Dreamcatcher, in the sale... And they're definitely my last o/s purchases until after we move house next month. I think. I hope. :couch: There's always mail-redirection...

rowie
October 18th, 2014, 09:31 AM
Wow I love all the fall piece action pics in here. It's been awhile since I wore a flexi 8. :lol: Anyways, I'm just dropping by to give a big thank you to Hele for selling me this piece at the swapboard, and it's sad that she didn't like this color on her hair. I wasn't sure about this piece, but now that I have it, I think i'm in love with it. The best part is it came from Hele, and i'm a fan of her beautiful hair. :crush:

http://i.imgur.com/9KyekPUl.jpg

KittyBird
October 18th, 2014, 11:12 AM
Thank you, Maelyssa and Crystawni! :blossom:

Rowie, the FotM looks perfect in your hair!

Hele
October 18th, 2014, 03:06 PM
dang Rowie, your hair is huge! I'm a fan of your hair too...and that flexi looks much better in your hair! :heartbeat

woelfchen83
October 19th, 2014, 12:27 AM
Looks great on you Rowie!

I just have a single actionpic of me wearing a flexi.

http://woelfchen83.de/j3/images/hobbies/hair/Haarschmuck/Flexi8/Flexi_Day-Z.jpg

Selkie-
October 19th, 2014, 04:50 AM
Gorgeous Rowie, Woelfchen and Kittybird! I am still waiting for my FOTM to arrive. :wail:

In the mean time I ordered one of these:

https://secure.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartNew/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19026&CatalogueID=204&PartyID=0&PartyGuestID=0&InternalUse=1&ProductGroupString=67.80&ReferringDealerID=43096

Selkie-
October 19th, 2014, 05:23 AM
And today's bun with mega copper rose flexi:

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/Rachellejoychadwick/37a3d6f1-4370-49d5-9ea3-e99ac9078e68_zps31689b72.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/Rachellejoychadwick/media/37a3d6f1-4370-49d5-9ea3-e99ac9078e68_zps31689b72.jpg.html)

Fufu
October 19th, 2014, 07:56 AM
All the beautiful hairs with flexi-8s in different sizes and designs.

I haven't touch mine for years... so I just took them out to admire.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g88/REfusion88/10710750_10205074978584355_3668382505428882540_n.j pg (http://s54.photobucket.com/user/REfusion88/media/10710750_10205074978584355_3668382505428882540_n.j pg.html)
2 extra smalls and 3 smalls

woelfchen83
October 20th, 2014, 02:35 AM
What a pitty that you don't wear them.

hennalonghair
October 20th, 2014, 08:26 AM
Greetings ladies and gents;
This used to be one of my favourite threads here @ LHC but after collecting 19 flexi clips my husband suggested I stop looking at all the gorgeous flexi held updos. :shrugs:
Lots of enablers here. :lol:

Anyway I've got many of these in various sizes but unfortunately assumed that the mega size would be too small for my hair.
The XL is just far too small to hold all my hair in so I usually end up just clipping up a folded braid.
Even this can be uncomfortably tight at times.
I'd like to emphasize how much I love these clips before I add my small complaint about the centre pieces being disproportionately too small for the mega size clips.

With the little minis and smaller sizes the centre piece looks adorable but as the size increases this same centre piece can look quite small in comparison. Now I've just learned that they don't make custom orders any longer .bummer :(

I've considered making my own flexi clips but just haven't gotten around to it.
Since the holidays are approaching I've been asked to give some flexi clip ideas on ones I'd like to have.

My hair is close to 30 inches long but is killer thick so I've got HUGE buns:lol:
I've got very similar hair to Kittybirds only shorter with more wave/curl.
I LOVE having eye popping contrasting colours due to my henna coloured hair BUT I also would love a nice simple everyday look that I don't have to worry about colour matching.

For instance my paw print (silver) and drag nonfly and Celtic knot in gold will go with anything.

If also like to try criss crossing two mega flexi clips together for additional hold.
Has anyone done this ?

Which mega clips do you own and why did you choose them?

I apologize if my questions disrupt the wonderful flow of this thread.
And thanks for your time.

StellaKatherine
October 20th, 2014, 08:47 AM
Some flexies seem to have bigger beads and bigger center peace. Like for example ruby bouquet (https://secure.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartNew/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=18991&CatalogueID=204&PartyID=0&PartyGuestID=0&InternalUse=1&ProductGroupString=67.99&ReferringDealerID=822964) and Roman Cross (https://secure.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartNew/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=18551&CatalogueID=204&PartyID=0&PartyGuestID=0&InternalUse=1&ProductGroupString=67.99&ReferringDealerID=822964) do look very nice in mega size.

hennalonghair
October 20th, 2014, 09:34 AM
Some flexies seem to have bigger beads and bigger center peace. Like for example ruby bouquet (https://secure.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartNew/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=18991&CatalogueID=204&PartyID=0&PartyGuestID=0&InternalUse=1&ProductGroupString=67.99&ReferringDealerID=822964) and Roman Cross (https://secure.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartNew/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=18551&CatalogueID=204&PartyID=0&PartyGuestID=0&InternalUse=1&ProductGroupString=67.99&ReferringDealerID=822964) do look very
nice in mega size.
Thanks StellaKatherine

Styles I presently own are:
Rays of Sunshine
Copper Rose
Dream catcher*
Gold Dragonfly
Cameo
Paw Print
Pink Fairy
Celtic knot ( gold)
Celtic knot ( brown)
Festive Leaf
Styles Ive been considering in the mega size are:
Dream catcher*
Autumns delight
Flitter*
Steam punk - assorted metals.
Soaring Iris
Roman Cross
These styles are colourful and the centre piece seems larger . The assorted metals would be nice because I'd like something practical that matches everything.*
Yes some of the centre pieces are larger and I really like those ones you mentioned. Especially the Roman Cross.
The mistake I made was that I picked flexis that blended in with my hair a bit too much like Rays of Sunshine and Copper Rose. Now I'm discovering that either the simple metals of the contrasting coloured ones look much nicer in my hair.
Thanks

Sorry for the multiple copying
I'm have problems posting

StellaKatherine
October 20th, 2014, 09:48 AM
I really like :
Dream catcher
Autumns delight
Flitter
Roman Cross :crush:

Hopefully one day I will be able to buy them !

hennalonghair
October 20th, 2014, 09:58 AM
I really like :
Dream catcher
Autumns delight
Flitter
Roman Cross :crush:

Hopefully one day I will be able to buy them !
Thanks. Me too!
Even just a couple of mega flexis that actually fit and look nice.
I mean....... It's the perfect stocking stuff, right? :lol:

StellaKatherine
October 20th, 2014, 10:24 AM
yes, they all so different as well!

Quasiquixotic
October 20th, 2014, 10:51 AM
Looks great on you Rowie!

I just have a single actionpic of me wearing a flexi.

http://woelfchen83.de/j3/images/hobbies/hair/Haarschmuck/Flexi8/Flexi_Day-Z.jpg

Thank you for this!! I've wanted to see some action shots of this flexi for a while!! It looks great :)

rowie
October 20th, 2014, 11:34 AM
Thanks everyone for the wonderful compliments! :flower: woelfchen83 love that daisy piece! That's the piece I wear at home when I need some cheering and brightening. ;) It looks wonderful on you. I finally unpacked all my flexi this weekend! I went to IKEA and bought a wonderful wire hanging thingy to hang all of my neglected Flexi 8's i've bought throughout the years. Maybe now i'll start to wear them since they've been collecting dust in a bin and hidden in the attic for a while now. Anyways, the wire hanger works awesome for me because I have a long master bedroom hallway, and so you can cut the 16 feet wire to whatever length you need which solved my problem of where to hang and store these pieces. I'm not crafty enough to make a long scarf for my hallway so this alternative works out for me.

http://i.imgur.com/PIw8chpl.jpg

StellaKatherine
October 20th, 2014, 12:15 PM
Thanks everyone for the wonderful compliments! :flower: woelfchen83 love that daisy piece! That's the piece I wear at home when I need some cheering and brightening. ;) It looks wonderful on you. I finally unpacked all my flexi this weekend! I went to IKEA and bought a wonderful wire hanging thingy to hang all of my neglected Flexi 8's i've bought throughout the years. Maybe now i'll start to wear them since they've been collecting dust in a bin and hidden in the attic for a while now. Anyways, the wire hanger works awesome for me because I have a long master bedroom hallway, and so you can cut the 16 feet wire to whatever length you need which solved my problem of where to hang and store these pieces. I'm not crafty enough to make a long scarf for my hallway so this alternative works out for me.

http://i.imgur.com/PIw8chpl.jpg

Omng... that flexi with a bow !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :crush: Beautiful way to display your flexies!!!

rowie
October 20th, 2014, 03:05 PM
Thank you StellaKatherine! :flower: I have a spare Winter's Gift bow in size large if you're interested in trading flexis or maybe get into a multi-way trade. I'm looking for the Kaleidoscope piece in L or whatever looks interesting. ;)

hennalonghair
October 20th, 2014, 03:10 PM
Excuse me while I wipe my flexi drool
Nice collection.

lapushka
October 20th, 2014, 03:20 PM
You are quite the collector, rowie. ;)

Kina
October 20th, 2014, 06:57 PM
here's my faux flexi made by the amazing chen bao jun

https://scontent-a-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/q82/p180x540/10626761_1475713066026494_3567887637318050726_n.jp g?oh=cd055d1ce3ebb2bf11ad502a35aebbb3&oe=54B70571

hennalonghair
October 20th, 2014, 09:47 PM

https://scontent-a-mxp.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-xap1/v/t1.0-9/q82/p180x540/10626761_1475713066026494_3567887637318050726_n.jp g?oh=cd055d1ce3ebb2bf11ad502a35aebbb3&oe=54B70571

That Chen is a talented woman. That's very nice and fits your hair perfectly.
I'm off to Michaels this week to get some supplies to make these. They have a huge selection to choose from including centre pieces.
I like the idea of customizing these hair toys.
Very nice Kina.

Hele
October 21st, 2014, 02:10 PM
wow rowie, my flexi collection suddenly feels so small! I'd love to know what that green one waaaaaaaay down toward the end (number 13) is! :eye: How long have you been buying flexis?

StellaKatherine
October 21st, 2014, 02:33 PM
Thank you StellaKatherine! :flower: I have a spare Winter's Gift bow in size large if you're interested in trading flexis or maybe get into a multi-way trade. I'm looking for the Kaleidoscope piece in L or whatever looks interesting. ;)

Ohh, I wish I had something right now :/ But I have just started with the whole hair accessories. Yup whole life long hair and just now learning that there actually such things like hair toys :D

Kina
October 21st, 2014, 04:09 PM
That Chen is a talented woman. That's very nice and fits your hair perfectly.
I'm off to Michaels this week to get some supplies to make these. They have a huge selection to choose from including centre pieces.
I like the idea of customizing these hair toys.
Very nice Kina.

Thank you! I like this in some ways better than the regular flexi. She uses memory wire, which is easy to adjust. And yes, she's remarkably talented.

DreamSheep
October 21st, 2014, 08:52 PM
Little squee of excitement as I'm hopefully getting a flexi soon off the swapboard. :)
It is an M, so I realise it will probably only hold a small section of hair - but I'm looking forward to trying out the feel of a flexi before committing to buying a few larger sizes.

*further squeaks of excitement* :p

Selkie-
October 22nd, 2014, 01:22 AM
Great collection Rowie and awesome display!

Dreamsheep - Congrats on your first flexi! I am sure it will be the start of a long addiction! :D

sofo
October 23rd, 2014, 12:12 PM
I'm thinking about trying a flexi 8, but have no clue really what size to get. I would use it for buns, my hair is fine but thick and wavy with a lot of volume just touching BSL with layers. I have two Ficcares in medium and large, which both works. The medium one may be a bit better for most styles. I'm thinking about aiming for waist length hair, so it would be good if I could use the same size now and when I hit WL.

pastina
October 23rd, 2014, 03:01 PM
hele, my guess is that green one is a dreamcatcher (https://secure.lillarose.biz/MemberToolsDotNet/ShoppingCartNew/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=19163&CatalogueID=204&PartyID=0&PartyGuestID=0&InternalUse=1&ProductGroupString=67.99&ReferringDealerID=822964)

but i could be wrong!

Johannah
October 25th, 2014, 02:44 AM

Oh wow!!! Beautiful!!

Kina
October 25th, 2014, 03:43 PM
thanks so much!

Puffer Fish
October 26th, 2014, 07:57 PM
I really, really want to get a flexi, and I know I need a medium for ponytails/peacocks (and eventually a large for updos) but I just can't decide on a color/style! :hmm:

Majorane
October 27th, 2014, 03:48 AM
I have been avoiding the flexi bandwagon, because sticks and forks were more than enough to keep me broke, I mean busy, the last few months. But yesterday I caved and I broke my 'no more toys until 2015" rule but only for the second time or something... this month and I purchased a medium flexi off the swapboard.

I have no idea how to wear it when it arrives but I suspect there might be a hint or two in the previous 787 pages here, so I politely enter this room while smiling a bit nervously to dip my toes in waters unexplored.

Uhm. Hi all, my name is Majorane and I'm expecting my first flexi.... *nervous grin*

Crystawni
October 27th, 2014, 03:56 AM
Congrats, Flexi Mumma to be! What are you expecting? A bubby silver or bubby gold?
P.S. If you're not wanting to read that many pages, go to your control panel and change your general settings to show 40 posts per page (leaving you with only 197 pages here... bahahahahaha!). It's my forum must-fix-as-soon-as-I-join thingy. Much more betters. ;)

kaydana
October 27th, 2014, 03:59 AM
Have you prepared financially for your new addiction? ;)

I began the same, with a medium flexi off the swap board. Somehow, since then, I've managed to acquire 17 more. Not counting all the faux flexis I've made...

Zebra Fish
October 27th, 2014, 04:04 AM
I have been avoiding the flexi bandwagon, because sticks and forks were more than enough to keep me broke, I mean busy, the last few months. But yesterday I caved and I broke my 'no more toys until 2015" rule but only for the second time or something... this month and I purchased a medium flexi off the swapboard.

I have no idea how to wear it when it arrives but I suspect there might be a hint or two in the previous 787 pages here, so I politely enter this room while smiling a bit nervously to dip my toes in waters unexplored.

Uhm. Hi all, my name is Majorane and I'm expecting my first flexi.... *nervous grin*

Welcome to the club! :hifive:

I did the same thing few months ago :o But then I discovered that medium is on the big side to me, I should get a small. I already know what I want :p But I can order only 1 flexi at a time if I want to avoid customs -.- (limit is 22€ here and that includes parcel price + shipping). And that makes it a pain. So now I am waiting if there will be a black friday like last year :D

(I find this customs thingy a real pain in the behind, as I can order only 200g of henna at a time, and for example, even if I wouldn't find the 24$ shipping for ketylos too much, the shipping only is already at my customs limit.)

Majorane
October 27th, 2014, 04:11 AM
Oh! Thank you ladies for the warm welcome! *fans away hysterical pregnancy tears that welled up thinking of my soon to be flexibabby*
It's a naitivity... I mean, a native flexi in medium and I hope my due date is before the next weekend, but surely soon in the week after that if she decides to take her time! I can't wait.... I've always admired big families, Rowie you are an inspiration for example, and like with all big families, I'm sure I'll manage somehow, financially! *cough* overtime *cough*

I'll head over to the diy flexi thread later, but first, let's change these settings. What a great idea, Crystawni, my nervous expectany hormones can't handle all the clicking...

*goes off singing lullabies and knitting a wee flexi sock in light yellow, with fluffy elephants on it while eating pickles with cream*

Majorane
October 27th, 2014, 04:16 AM
Welcome to the club! :hifive:

I did the same thing few months ago :o But then I discovered that medium is on the big side to me, I should get a small. I already know what I want :p But I can order only 1 flexi at a time if I want to avoid customs -.- (limit is 22€ here and that includes parcel price + shipping). And that makes it a pain. So now I am waiting if there will be a black friday like last year :D

(I find this customs thingy a real pain in the behind, as I can order only 200g of henna at a time, and for example, even if I wouldn't find the 24$ shipping for ketylos too much, the shipping only is already at my customs limit.)
I SO feel your pain...I've had to pay more than 100euro's in total last month for all the extra taxes on stuff I bought! It used to be that sometimes things slipped through but lately I get fined every single time, and OUCH. I don't even mind paying the taxes, but that nasty handling fee they slap on top is too much! I would absolutely fill in a customs declaration form and be a good citizen. But 15 euro extra fee over 5 euro taxes? AAAARGHHH:pins:

I'd happily offer to send you a kilo of henna from the local herbal shop to anyone wanting to avoid outside-europe taxes, but I have no idea what flavour it is except that it's red and pure and awesome. Gaaaaahrg, GAG ----> customs fee!!

Zebra Fish
October 27th, 2014, 05:09 AM
I don't even mind paying the taxes, but that nasty handling fee they slap on top is too much! I would absolutely fill in a customs declaration form and be a good citizen. But 15 euro extra fee over 5 euro taxes? AAAARGHHH

So this! Last thing I bought I even calculated with taxes and all and after all the math done I decided ok. And then plus all their "handling and calculating" fees and all... just too much. I'm constantly hoping they will rise the customs limit, but nothing... For buying 2 flexis, I need to pay 1 flexi (or more) of taxes and handling. And I would so rather want to buy that flexi more! :wail: Finger crossed for a black friday.

Majorane
October 27th, 2014, 10:26 AM
So this! Last thing I bought I even calculated with taxes and all and after all the math done I decided ok. And then plus all their "handling and calculating" fees and all... just too much. I'm constantly hoping they will rise the customs limit, but nothing... For buying 2 flexis, I need to pay 1 flexi (or more) of taxes and handling. And I would so rather want to buy that flexi more! :wail: Finger crossed for a black friday.
:violin: I could have bought so many nicer things with the money I gave to them stoopid handlers.... why do sellers put a receipt on the darn oarcel anyway?!

Yeah I know because it is illegal not to, but :gah:

Brattina88
October 27th, 2014, 11:24 AM
Ohh, I wish I had something right now :/ But I have just started with the whole hair accessories. Yup whole life long hair and just now learning that there actually such things like hair toys :D

I'm pretty sure I have a large kaleidoscope flexi at home (let me double check on the size) that I'm willing to part with if we wanted to work something out with a multi-trade or something :p lol

I've really been eyeing up the dream catcher, tide-pool treasures, and peaceful tranquility. But I'm super flexible if you have something else entirely in mind -- feel free to shoot me a PM ;) as I don't really use it that much... :)

two_wheels
October 27th, 2014, 11:51 PM
The customs thing is why I try cultmate first for my flexi hit :)
Majorane your little one is on its way! In an improbably large box... No jokes about that shudder:

Majorane
October 28th, 2014, 01:55 AM
Oh, yay! That will make the kittens happy, they have tried to get into all the hairtoy boxes my swaps came in so far. Usually squishing the box with their Rubenesque butts. The more box they can squish, the better!

Also, there is some liquorice headed your way. You might want to prepare your blood pressure for a terrifying afternoon.....

Zebra Fish
October 28th, 2014, 02:29 AM
The customs thing is why I try cultmate first for my flexi hit :)

Been stocking them there for a while, but they never get the 2 I want.

DreamSheep
October 28th, 2014, 09:09 AM
My Flexi arrived!! :)
It definitely won't work as a pony holder, but it is going to be my new half-up friend for formal occasions! :D it's so lovely and sparkly and has a dragonfly (which makes me want to acquire a Mega Flitter all the more...!)!!

Pictures coming soon.
DreamSheep is very excited today :D

DreamSheep
October 28th, 2014, 06:42 PM
My new M-flexi! :D
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/iiimane3.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/magikspiffy/media/iiimane3.jpg.html)

and don't ask what this is, but it was comfy in laser goggles and showed off the flexi:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/flexi.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/magikspiffy/media/flexi.jpg.html)

Kitten1030
October 28th, 2014, 07:06 PM
DreamSheep!:thudpile:

Majorane
October 29th, 2014, 12:59 AM
Dreamsheep, I want your hair. :inlove:

Zebra Fish
October 29th, 2014, 01:54 AM
Wow DreamSheep! After I stop staring at your hair, I might notice the flexi :o

Crystawni
October 29th, 2014, 02:19 AM
Wicked, DreamSheep! :D S/he looks right at home in your hair!

My sale purchases arrived today! 2 XLs (my biggest flexis--perfect for my cinnabuns) and 2 XSs that I'll use for medium-sized half ups as well as braids (my fingers typed "brains" then... obviously they know something I don't!).

https://i.imgur.com/2D0koHZ.jpg

It has been a yuckyhot day today, so I was a little impatient with my hair. Here be the hasty action shots:

Princess Tiara Bronze and Sparkling Snowflake
https://i.imgur.com/zjPYkWu.jpg https://i.imgur.com/WQ73KiA.jpg

Floral Design Black Nickel and Dreamcatcher
https://i.imgur.com/fQyvQFb.jpg https://i.imgur.com/XoUCDb7.jpg

Elsevier
October 29th, 2014, 02:31 AM
excellent choice Crystawni :thumbsup:
I love the sparkling snowflake and the Dreamcatcher! :heartbeat

Selkie-
October 29th, 2014, 02:43 AM
Dreamsheep -- truly :thud: worthy hair! Oh and nice flexi too btw. :grin:

Crystawni -- gorgeous flexi's you got there - I am particularly attracted to the 'sparkling snowflake' --- hmmmm.... :gabigrin:

Crystawni
October 29th, 2014, 03:28 AM
Thank you, Elsevier and Selkie! :blossom:

Zebra Fish
October 29th, 2014, 03:52 AM
Pretty Crystawni ! Now you make me want to get a mini for my braid too :o

Selkie-
October 29th, 2014, 08:06 AM
'Fascinating and fun' flexi-8. I love this one - wish I could get it in a bigger size but they are out of stock. :(

http://i273.photobucket.com/albums/jj211/Rachellejoychadwick/4ab54627-5021-4671-9e31-d6b436ebb58c_zpsc767fbc1.jpg (http://s273.photobucket.com/user/Rachellejoychadwick/media/4ab54627-5021-4671-9e31-d6b436ebb58c_zpsc767fbc1.jpg.html)

Johannah
October 29th, 2014, 02:11 PM
My new M-flexi! :D
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/iiimane3.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/magikspiffy/media/iiimane3.jpg.html)

and don't ask what this is, but it was comfy in laser goggles and showed off the flexi:
http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a134/magikspiffy/flexi.jpg (http://s10.photobucket.com/user/magikspiffy/media/flexi.jpg.html)

Your hair is STUNNING!!

Puffer Fish
October 31st, 2014, 03:31 PM
Is anyone else excited for the November FotM to come out soon? I wonder what it's going to be! :eek:

Catladyintown
October 31st, 2014, 04:34 PM
Hi Puffer November FOTM is gorgeous I think it will go fast.:D:toast:

lapushka
October 31st, 2014, 04:38 PM
Nope, don't like the November design either. I guess it's the gem in the middle. Blah. Damn, where are all those gorgeous designs, like with the dreamcatcher one, now that one was spectacular.

Puffer Fish
October 31st, 2014, 04:39 PM
Hi Puffer November FOTM is gorgeous I think it will go fast.:D:toast:

Oooh, now I'm definitely excited. :grin: I've been putting off ordering a flexi this week so I could wait and see the new FOTM!

Are you a consultant? How do you have this secret knowledge of awesome? I don't see it up on the website yet.

Catladyintown
October 31st, 2014, 04:43 PM
Hi Puffer I am not a consultant but my cousin is. So she sends me a picture early, I would differently wait until tomorrow.:D

Selkie-
November 1st, 2014, 01:17 AM
Hmmm, I really like the FOTM but shouldn't really buy any more hair toys at the moment .... :confused:

eadwine
November 1st, 2014, 01:34 AM
I went for it ;) I saw the in hair picture in the email and was sold. :)

Aderyn
November 1st, 2014, 01:43 AM
I like it, though I think the centerpiece is a bit too big for my tastes.. I'm on the fence about it.

Crystawni
November 1st, 2014, 02:16 AM
I fell off the fence... Bought an XL. :D I'm restless in my daily life, and also move house a fair bit, so maybe it'll help me with some direction? :p It also completes my XL trilogy (Princess Tiara Bronze and Sparkling Snowflake upthread a bit), giving me something to wear with blacks, greys and whites.

two_wheels
November 1st, 2014, 02:40 AM
I really like it. I won't buy it because it's silver, but I like the larger centrepiece and the sharp lines.

Crystawni
November 1st, 2014, 02:59 AM
I was looking up hematite (http://meanings.crystalsandjewelry.com/hematite/), and now realise how apt it really is! Clever, Flexi8! And yeah, I love the overall look and balance of it. As much as I'm a warm-coloured person, the silvers are good in my changing hair, although I don't really wear silver anywhere else unless it's teamed with gold.

StellaKatherine
November 1st, 2014, 03:10 AM
i truly in love with new flexi!!! I think I will need to buy it.... I really do. Love silver, love center and love grey beads!! It is PERFECT!!!! :crush:

KittyBird
November 1st, 2014, 06:47 AM
The new flexi is gorgeous, but I'll pass because I have enough silver pieces. I'm really looking forward to the action pictures though! :popcorn:

Puffer Fish
November 1st, 2014, 07:31 AM
I'm so glad I waited! Though I'm flip flopping on buying it so I think I'll decide after I get back from my errands. It's so cute but the crystal center makes it feel fancy and I'm not exactly fancy on a regular basis...

lazuliblue
November 1st, 2014, 08:05 AM
I like it. Not sure if I'll get it though because I can't work out if eventually I will need a large and I can't justify buying two!

Brattina88
November 1st, 2014, 09:29 AM
I was going to place an order as soon as I saw the e-mail, but I also had my heart set on a Turquoise Tranquility so bad , but they say Out Of Stock in multiple sizes

Nooooooo :wail:

Larki
November 1st, 2014, 09:49 AM
Not a fan of the FOTM.

rowie
November 1st, 2014, 10:36 AM
I'm not a fan of the new Flexi as well. But then again, while I love silver, I love gold pieces more. I bet the silver will be a treat for the silver lover though. I just find it interesting that they decided to break away from the traditional gold line for this month. Oh well, I used to love this month for flexis but for some reason they moved the gold to october this year! At least I'm happy with the past years for November:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/shyboyfriend/559693d5-5591-48d3-ac79-578721ea5672_zpsed034b21.jpg

Puffer Fish
November 1st, 2014, 11:09 AM
I decided i would like it more as a half-up clip, but I almost never wear half-ups. So I bought a medium kaleidoscope instead as my first flexi. :D

Johannah
November 1st, 2014, 11:13 AM
I love the new flexi but gosh why always silver??? :(

StellaKatherine
November 1st, 2014, 12:04 PM
I'm not a fan of the new Flexi as well. But then again, while I love silver, I love gold pieces more. I bet the silver will be a treat for the silver lover though. I just find it interesting that they decided to break away from the traditional gold line for this month. Oh well, I used to love this month for flexis but for some reason they moved the gold to october this year! At least I'm happy with the past years for November:

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j277/shyboyfriend/559693d5-5591-48d3-ac79-578721ea5672_zpsed034b21.jpg

All of the novembers are stunning! I really love new one as well, but as a colour and mood wise it would have fitted more winter months ...

pastina
November 1st, 2014, 02:32 PM
i went to a craft fair today with my mother and my boys. i was pushing my little one in a stroller, so i needed to use the handicapped entrance to the building. well, the very first booth by the handicapped entrance had LILLA ROSE. ...seriously? hair toys, right at the door? did they know i was coming?

i am on time out, and i've been being very strict with myself about it lately. but, my mother said, "you know, i haven't gotten you anything for your birthday yet. want to pick some out?"

....of course i do. :doh: so, i ended up with a simple band black nickel in XL and a turquoise tranquility in a medium for half ups. thanks mom! lol

something funny-- i asked the vendor if she had any megas, and she said "these are the biggest we have," and pointed to the XLs on the table. "but, a medium holds all of my hair up!" she turned to show me her tiny bun. from loose strands, i could tell her hair was much shorter than mine, and that she had much less of it. i thought about taking my giant hair down for her to see (there is no chance a M would do it for me!), but decided against it, and took the XL. :D

eadwine
November 1st, 2014, 03:38 PM
I wear an M, my bun is not tiny heheh.

Congrats on the find!

pastina
November 1st, 2014, 03:42 PM
^^then maybe there's hope for me yet!

lazuliblue
November 1st, 2014, 04:11 PM
I wear an M, my bun is not tiny heheh.

May I ask what your pony tail circumference is? I'm trying to work out if I should start ordering the large size in preparation for when my hair is longer, or if I will always fit an M! I always do a lazy wrap bun/nautilus (not sure which!) and my circumference is 3 inches. I can actually still squeeze my hair into a small flexi.

eadwine
November 1st, 2014, 04:12 PM
To be honest I have no idea. I haven't measured in ages, sorry :/

Isn't there anyone in your area who has several sizes that you can try with?

lazuliblue
November 1st, 2014, 04:35 PM
To be honest I have no idea. I haven't measured in ages, sorry :/

Isn't there anyone in your area who has several sizes that you can try with?

I don't think so, if there was that would be amazing! But thank you anyway :) I have messaged someone else to see what size they use so maybe I shall find out then.

Edit: A very kind member has now helped me out with this :o

Avis
November 1st, 2014, 06:02 PM
I'm curious as to why so many of you seem to not like silver. I really like silver and I seem to be in the minority on that. Does it have something to do with matching/complementing your hair color? I'm not the best with matching and since my hair is black it pretty much matches everything.

I do think that this new Flexi seems to be more winter-y than fall though.

Shorty89
November 1st, 2014, 06:04 PM
I think the new flexi is gorgeous, but sadly I won't be buying any new flexis.

two_wheels
November 1st, 2014, 06:11 PM
I'm curious as to why so many of you seem to not like silver. I really like silver and I seem to be in the minority on that. Does it have something to do with matching/complementing your hair color? I'm not the best with matching and since my hair is black it pretty much matches everything.

Personally the gold tones in my hair clash horribly with silver. I like silver jewellery though.

Avis
November 1st, 2014, 06:18 PM
Personally the gold tones in my hair clash horribly with silver.

Ok, I figured it would be something like this. Thanks for enlightening me. :)

Theobroma
November 2nd, 2014, 04:05 AM
Personally the gold tones in my hair clash horribly with silver. I like silver jewellery though.

Yup, same here. It isn't that I dislike silver (I don't), but my hair colour is too warm in tone for silver hairtoys.

StellaKatherine
November 2nd, 2014, 04:39 AM
I have golden tones in my hair as well, but I think silver gives nice contrast to it.. But then again, I think it is more of the taste issue. It clashes only if you think it clashes.... :D I love both silver and golden tones myself :D Hey my engagement ring is in yellow gold and wedding ring in white gold, and I wear them on same finger and love how they look together. Know mostly would hate it though ;)

Estrid
November 2nd, 2014, 05:01 AM
I like the FOTM, but I have not yet figured out what colour metals I like in my hair. My hair looks quite golden in the sunlight which makes me think that gold would completely vanish in it, but in the shade my hair is bit more "mousy". I like silver as jewelry so I'm drawn to those flexis, but I am so unsure x) I have one silver flexi at home, guess I could walk around with it for some time and see how I like it.

Johannah
November 2nd, 2014, 05:17 AM

Golden tones + silver = a no go, like others already said. It makes my hair dull, while gold makes my color richer.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11883&d=1405672984

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13457&d=1411824257

Estrid
November 2nd, 2014, 05:30 AM
I think the silver looks really good in your hair though, Johannah. Guess I don't get it :P Maybe I like that "dull" look, to me it just looks a bit cold which I don't see as a bad thing.

eadwine
November 2nd, 2014, 05:42 AM
Flexis for me are like nailpolishes. If I like the colors I will wear them (wearing pearly green at the moment ;) ), no matter clashing with anything or not. *grin*

StellaKatherine
November 2nd, 2014, 05:51 AM
Golden tones + silver = a no go, like others already said. It makes my hair dull, while gold makes my color richer.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11883&d=1405672984

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13457&d=1411824257

Like Estrid there, I must say I love silver in your hair! No way it makes your hair dull!!!!!! It is like silver flexi brings out the whiter tones in your hair and golden flexi brings out golden tones. Both stunning! :crush:

Selkie-
November 2nd, 2014, 05:57 AM
I also love the silver in your hair Johannah! :crush:

two_wheels
November 2nd, 2014, 06:00 AM
Yeah, I quite like silver on you Johannah. Though I prefer the gold. That festive leaf is my all time favourite flexi!

Here is my ew silver pic. I still wear the dreamcatcher because I love it, but I don't love the clash. It makes my hair look dirty somehow and there is a massive contrast between the flexi and my hair in an inconsistent glaring way that I don't like.
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb359/wheels_two/20140921_zps5b308390.jpg

now brass, much better
http://i1201.photobucket.com/albums/bb359/wheels_two/20140911_zpsdfd3e0ec.jpg

Johannah
November 2nd, 2014, 06:04 AM
Well, thanks everyone for the compliments! Though I really don't like it in my hair :p

And yes two_wheels, festive leaf is AMAZING!

Wosie
November 2nd, 2014, 08:11 AM
two_wheels, I just have to say that I really like silver in your hair. :o It really shows off the flexi in a clear way, and it doesn't make your hair look bad at all, the combo looks swell together imho. :3

Majorane
November 2nd, 2014, 08:16 AM
I really don't get the two picture references. Not of Johanna and not of TwoWheels. I don't see anything wrong with silver OR gold on both mops. :confused:

Makes me wonder if I walk around with either silver or gold in my hair that makes others go 'hohum, this makes her hair look rather dull' and me being oblivious about it...? Oh well. In this particulair case I'm glad of the oblivions. I like to match hairtoys to outfit if it's convenient, but when push comes to shove the nailpolish method wins if I really am set on X hairtoy that clashes with Y outfit. Even when I'm unmatching, my awesomeness shines so bright that it compensates. :cool:

Scarlet_Heart
November 2nd, 2014, 08:23 AM
I like the FOTM, but I have not yet figured out what colour metals I like in my hair. My hair looks quite golden in the sunlight which makes me think that gold would completely vanish in it, but in the shade my hair is bit more "mousy". I like silver as jewelry so I'm drawn to those flexis, but I am so unsure x) I have one silver flexi at home, guess I could walk around with it for some time and see how I like it.

I personally like matching my flexi to my jewelry. I have historically been a silver person, but recently changed my mind and now I wear pretty much yellow gold (mostly fake) jewelry and I like my gold flexis and barrettes to match.

Estrid
November 2nd, 2014, 08:26 AM
Haha, yea I will never understand this I think... feels like most here feels that it looks better when the flexi blend in with the hair (?). I got good colour vision (0 according to that online test, which means "perfect") but I don't understand this with "clashing colours", I really don't! Makes me wonder (just like Majorane above) if I walk around looking really bad with my colour combinations without knowing it x)

Estrid
November 2nd, 2014, 08:30 AM
I personally like matching my flexi to my jewelry. I have historically been a silver person, but recently changed my mind and now I wear pretty much yellow gold (mostly fake) jewelry and I like my gold flexis and barrettes to match.

That would probably be easier for me to do, about 95 % of my jewelry are silver, 4 % are copper and 1 % other (I rarely wear anything gold). Oh well... I think I will just go with what I like ^_^

maborosi
November 2nd, 2014, 08:32 AM
You know, two_wheels, I actually like the silver in your hair. The brass definitely "blends" better with your hair, but the silver stands out and shows off the clip more. I don't think contrasting is a bad thing. I have warm copper hair, but I love silver more than gold because it shows off the accessory. If I were to want to just accentuate my hair and not really show the accessory off, I think I might go with brass or gold.

Also the new FOTM...I WANT IT! But I already blew my hairtoy budget on a new TT.

two_wheels
November 2nd, 2014, 08:35 AM
Ah, I think some people just have fussy eyes you know! I don't judge other people who are wearing clashing things. Far better things to think about. I just feel uncomfortable wearing them myself. Like having mismatched socks or something. Unbalanced.

If you can't see a difference, then I say go for whatever takes your fancy. Johannah & I won't bite you for it ;)

Maborosi- we cross posted- but now seems a good time to tell you that these fussy eyes *love* your minty coloured jumper in your sig pic!

Johannah
November 2nd, 2014, 08:37 AM
Ah, I think some people just have fussy eyes you know! I don't judge other people who are wearing clashing things. Far better things to think about. I just feel uncomfortable wearing them myself. Like having mismatched socks or something. Unbalanced.

If you can't see a difference, then I say go for whatever takes your fancy. Johannah & I won't bite you for it ;)

Maborosi- we cross posted- but now seems a good time to tell you that these fussy eyes *love* your minty coloured jumper in your sig pic!

Indeed! ;)

Scarlet_Heart
November 2nd, 2014, 08:41 AM
For what it's worth, my hair and skin are very cool-toned and I prefer to wear warm colors for clothes (red/brown) and gold in my hair. If I wear cool colors against my cool skin and hair, I look dead (or at least washed-out and sickly).

KittyBird
November 2nd, 2014, 09:39 AM
I think it's just a personal preference thing. I prefer gold because it looks much better in my hair, but I'll wear things that clash if I feel like it. I mostly do that with my clothes (red hair combined with pink clothes, for example. I've read that it's a bad combination, but I disagree), but sometimes with my hair too. I don't look at other peoples' jewelry, clothing and hair toy choices and think "OH NO! She/he should be wearing these colours instead". Wear whatever you like, as long as it makes you happy. :)
I also happen to think that the silver looks really good on Johannah, it really stands out next to your blonde hair. The same goes for two_wheels, both silver and brass looks great :D

Wosie
November 2nd, 2014, 09:45 AM
:agree: Right on, KittyBird, I feel the very same... I just wear whatever I like the most, disregarding any possible clashes.

I think the silver flexis look best in both Johannah's and t_w's pictures. I might be biased, as I normally prefer silver over gold. :)

Johannah
November 2nd, 2014, 09:58 AM
Thank you KittyBird and Wosie. Maybe it's indeed a personal preference... Oh well ;)

two_wheels
November 2nd, 2014, 10:14 AM
Yes, thanks :D It's good to know that I can get away with it in other people's eyes :cloud9:

DreamSheep
November 2nd, 2014, 10:28 AM
Johanna - Festive Leaf is stun-ning in your hair!! :) And it officially makes me want to add it on to my Flexi-8 wishlist (along with Flitter, which for me is the manifestation of flexi-DreamSheep-perfection).

Also - thank you to everyone who complimented my flexi-8 and my hair earlier on in the thread ^--^! You made me blush a lot :D

Johannah
November 2nd, 2014, 10:45 AM
Johanna - Festive Leaf is stun-ning in your hair!! :) And it officially makes me want to add it on to my Flexi-8 wishlist (along with Flitter, which for me is the manifestation of flexi-DreamSheep-perfection).

Also - thank you to everyone who complimented my flexi-8 and my hair earlier on in the thread ^--^! You made me blush a lot :D

Go for it! It's worth the money for sure :D

StellaKatherine
November 2nd, 2014, 11:36 AM
two_wheels, both colours to me look amazing in your hair! No clashing that I could see.... I think we are own worst enimies. We find errors and clashes and such where there non...

But it is true that specific colours accentuate specific tones in our hair, skin, eyes.... I for a long time though that golden and pink didn't fit my hair.... It take a while for me to see, that maybe I wasn't right :D

Aderyn
November 2nd, 2014, 01:21 PM
Just bought the fotm in XL.

I don't think silver clashes with golden-tones in hair at all! Really is just a personal preference thing, I guess.

Avis
November 2nd, 2014, 03:34 PM
Self-control right out the window. I just bought the FotM in XS. I'm excited but also not looking forward to what SO will say. We agreed that I should spend my money more wisely. :doh:

Crystawni
November 2nd, 2014, 05:14 PM
If it weren't for my white hairs, I'd never have looked at silver stuff, but I actually prefer white-silver in my hair, now. Muted, dirty silvers not so much. And no matter which metallic colour I choose, it's going to blend and pop in my every-colour hair, depending on the twist of the do. So, to me, bronze, copper, brass (fave for blending), silver, nickel (just, as it's a little muted but goes with my underlayer) and gold are neutrals, with other colours in the beads and centrepiece the star. Silver hasn't really been on my radar as I've been into the Color Me Beautiful way since the 80s, with my clear, warm-toned spring colours second nature to me. But this also means I've always been able to have accents of black and white, so the white-silver isn't too far off the mark as my colouring softens with age. /waffle

Kherome
November 3rd, 2014, 06:34 AM
I'm not that in to the FOTM this time, but I seriously wish they would make some flexis with BIG centers. I also happen to like bling, so big, crystals, vibrant colors and shine would be awesome. ;)

KittyBird
November 3rd, 2014, 06:50 AM
I'm not that in to the FOTM this time, but I seriously wish they would make some flexis with BIG centers. I also happen to like bling, so big, crystals, vibrant colors and shine would be awesome. ;)

Blingy flexis are the best! :cool:

Johannah
November 3rd, 2014, 11:27 AM
I'm really considering buying the new flexi... I really like it even though it's silver... Maybe I should wait for some action pictures.

MsPharaohMoan
November 3rd, 2014, 12:31 PM
Hey Flexi lovers! Braid tassel end - extra small or mini?

eadwine
November 3rd, 2014, 01:33 PM
Neither, the flexi will drop out of my hair, you don't want to lose it :)

NaClH2O
November 3rd, 2014, 01:48 PM

Mini! I use them often. :o

Selkie-
November 4th, 2014, 12:29 AM

I use an extra small for the end of my braid. :)

Crystawni
November 4th, 2014, 12:53 AM

*my response copied from the ii thickness thread*

My ends are layered, so a mini for nearer end, and XS for a longer tassel (less likely to slip up there, too).

Johannah
November 4th, 2014, 05:01 AM
Neither, the flexi will drop out of my hair, you don't want to lose it :)

I agree with this.

Komao
November 4th, 2014, 06:41 AM
[QUOTE=Johannah;2862723]Golden tones + silver = a no go, like others already said. It makes my hair dull, while gold makes my color richer.

I love both in your hair! I think the silver one looks outrageously lovely. :)

eadwine
November 4th, 2014, 08:04 AM
Mine is on its way! It should be here this week still, if things go as they always do. Pics will of course be taken AND shared ;)

Johannah
November 4th, 2014, 10:58 AM
Thank you, Kamao!

Eadwine, I can't wait ;)

rags
November 4th, 2014, 01:25 PM
I use a mini for HALF-UPS - there isn't a flexi made small enough for the end of my braid! :lol: I think they are beautiful on others though, and for some reason I think the minis are cuter (so tiny!).

Catladyintown
November 4th, 2014, 04:40 PM
I just checked all FOTM have sold out in all sizes. This FOTM sold really fast.

Allie_snowflake
November 4th, 2014, 04:46 PM
Grrrr.... I had planned on one this Friday....

ETA: I just checked after I posed above and they seem to be available in medium, large & XL.... Didn't check other sizes.....

Catladyintown
November 4th, 2014, 04:48 PM
Allie I learned they go fast. I usually save up my money one month ahead of time. Sorry you missed out.:grouphug:

Allie_snowflake
November 4th, 2014, 04:53 PM
Just checked again.... I actually clicked on the product (not just the landing page for the size). The XL was sold out..... Do they ever re-issue them during the month? Crazy that it's only three days in. As a retailer, they should be more prepared! (If their marketing ploy is in fact meant to keep people wanting, that kinda sucks....)

Catladyintown
November 4th, 2014, 05:23 PM
Hi Allie sorry to say they never back order. In the old days they would sometimes but now they do not back order. Allie your best bet for now on is to find a LR representative. Usually a representative will have a FOTM.

Allie_snowflake
November 4th, 2014, 06:24 PM
Bum deal..... Well I guess I'll be sitting with my mouse on the buy me button bright and early on December 1st.

A local consultant was able to find last december's FOTM for me but I've sent emails and haven't heard back from her. I guess I'll have to find it somewhere else. I'm hoping this december's is a good holiday one!

Aderyn
November 4th, 2014, 11:05 PM
Yes, this one did seem to sell quite quickly! I was initially going to wait until mid November to purchase one, but a day or two ago it was down to only 15 in stock for the XL so I went and purchased then.

Majorane
November 5th, 2014, 12:01 AM
Don't they ever ever ever re-issue a FOTM ever again? Why! If something tickles a lot of people, and they miss out, and then a month later you declare 'WE'RE GONNA HAVE IT IN OUR REGULAR ASSORTIMENT FROM NOW ON' you bet sales will go whhoomppf! What a strange move.... sure, keep some things rare is okay, but it seems the FOTMSs are always hugely populair. I don't get it. And incidently, it makes me sad, as I missed out on the august one, with the anchor, and I'm a bit sorry I didn't buy it then.

Also, uh, probably a bit of a dull question, but what's up with the lilla rose/flexi8 thing? They used to be two different websites selling the same stuff for the same prices, and now flexi8 is gone, and...? Just curious, but what is the secret behind that? Not judgementally asked, but just curious.

Catladyintown
November 5th, 2014, 12:15 AM
Hi Majorane Flexi8 and LillaRose is the same company. Flexi8 use to sell to people outside of the USA, but now since LillaRose can too, the owner decided to close flexi8. I use to be mad about not getting the FOTM but then I thought about how much work goes into making a FOTM. The owner has to decide how many parts to order then they are assemble in the US. If the FOTM does not sell well that month the company takes a loss. So he makes a judgement call what will sell fast and hopefully he has enough of the product. Hope that makes sense to you.:)

KittyBird
November 5th, 2014, 01:10 AM
Don't they ever ever ever re-issue a FOTM ever again? Why! If something tickles a lot of people, and they miss out, and then a month later you declare 'WE'RE GONNA HAVE IT IN OUR REGULAR ASSORTIMENT FROM NOW ON' you bet sales will go whhoomppf! What a strange move.... sure, keep some things rare is okay, but it seems the FOTMSs are always hugely populair. I don't get it. And incidently, it makes me sad, as I missed out on the august one, with the anchor, and I'm a bit sorry I didn't buy it then.

Also, uh, probably a bit of a dull question, but what's up with the lilla rose/flexi8 thing? They used to be two different websites selling the same stuff for the same prices, and now flexi8 is gone, and...? Just curious, but what is the secret behind that? Not judgementally asked, but just curious.
There are several former FotMs that have been added to the regular assortment, so you never know. It might come back. The green dragonfly was the FotM of September last year, and Hues of Blues, Daisy and Tidepool Treasures are also former FotMs. There are more, but I won't name them all. If there's a flexi-8 you really want, I think some people have had success asking consultants on a Lillarose facebook page (I don't have the link, unfortunately).

Theobroma
November 5th, 2014, 03:53 AM

As KittyBird said, several FOTMs have been reissued as regular inventory. Perhaps there's hope for the compass rose to be one of them, since it sold out so fast? I seem to remember that Flitter sold like hotcakes as the FOTM and it was reissued several months later. So you may yet be in luck!

Majorane
November 5th, 2014, 04:44 AM
Ah! Thank you three, for the explanation! I've been :confused: about the Lillarose/Flexi thing but they are the same, and flutters DO come back! Especially that of the flutters is good. I'm not overly in love with this months flutter, per se (Sorry ....) but it just didn't make sense why a company wouldn't re-issue a hotcake selling product! Hooray for the world making sense again.

Now, off to google some previous Flutters. I love to torture myself.

Cania
November 6th, 2014, 01:43 AM
2013 December FOTM + Holiday "Joy" flexi in stock with 10% off all holiday themed clips
PLUS free shipping on orders over $40

Go, go, go! ;)

sofo
November 6th, 2014, 02:08 AM
The free shipping doesn't seem to be international. I tried with the right order value and still got shipping so I didn't go through with the purchase.

Crystawni
November 6th, 2014, 02:15 AM
Same here. :(

Theobroma
November 6th, 2014, 03:19 AM
Oh boo, back on the old site they used to offer free international shipping as well. Moving everything to LR seems to have been a step backward in customer service -- first no customs, now this. I'm rather disappointed.

Cania
November 6th, 2014, 03:30 AM
Oh, sorry guys I never used the old flexi site so I thought the international thing would be expected, I should have clarified :( I really don't think $6 is that bad though, on the plus side!

sofo
November 6th, 2014, 03:33 AM
I mailed and asked them since its not stated anywhere if international shipping is included or not. Too bad though, I was ready to buy three clips and just cancelled the whole thing.

Majorane
November 6th, 2014, 04:08 AM
It's not the international shipping I mind, but they write the total value on the parcels. Customs! So much money! It hurts, it hurts......

It's a good thing I'm in hairtoy time out. Now, I'm off to go sob in my corner, about snowflaked hairtoys and the such. Of which there are two for sale. Which I might have bought if it wasn't for the added TWENTYFIVE EURO TAXES I have to pay if I import them. GAAAAAAH :justy:

Cania
November 6th, 2014, 04:12 AM
Maybe we EU guys and gals should start doing a bulk order for the FOTM at the start of each month... Hmmm...

Majorane
November 6th, 2014, 04:34 AM
If one EU based longhair sets up shop as a representative I think she'd get swarmed with orders from other EU based longhairs. Maybe I should ask about that, see what the possibilities are...

Cania
November 6th, 2014, 04:40 AM
I was considering it but I don't have the $$$ to start it up. If you do I'll be your first customer! ;D

Zebra Fish
November 6th, 2014, 05:16 AM
If one EU based longhair sets up shop as a representative I think she'd get swarmed with orders from other EU based longhairs. Maybe I should ask about that, see what the possibilities are...

Go for it :D I'd subscribe.

I just placed an order for a small winter wonder :happydance::joy: Yeah, just one flexi, as I should pay 1 flexi of taxes (at least) on an order of 2 -.- Can't wait for it to come :D :joy:

butter52
November 6th, 2014, 05:19 AM
Go for it :D I'd subscribe.

Me too!

ugh I just saw the dec 2013 and i love it but I have too many flexies :(

Wosie
November 6th, 2014, 05:29 AM
Sadly the Dec 2013 flexi in XL is already out of stock. ;( Otherwise I'm sure I would've bought it.

KittyBird
November 6th, 2014, 06:01 AM
I decided to get the Dec 2013 FotM in XXL, even though I passed on it last year because it's silver. It's so pretty, and I want it in case I don't like the Dec 2014 FotM. :p Lillarose was having a lot of hiccups though, it took 3 attempts before my order went through, and I had to sign out and sign in again once. Pretty annoying.

StellaKatherine
November 6th, 2014, 06:17 AM

I would be interested to buy for sure :)

Majorane
November 6th, 2014, 06:40 AM
Eh. I've been thinking, and I wonder if it's as easy as becoming a Lillarose affiliate in Europe and BOOM problems solved. Becuse even if an affiliate seller would buy a big box full of flexi's, for wholesale price, that box still has to go to that reseller in Europe. And customs would still stick their noses in that big box,to check what's inside, and want import taxes. And then the reseller also has to pay taxes on what she earns. Of course LullaRose uses some Tupperware-esque selling system so rules might be different, but I doubt it's as easy as signing up for being an saleslady and done.

Besides, I have the organization skills of a pidgeon, so I'm out for this anyway. And I don't even have a flexi yet, either :D

Long_hair_bear
November 6th, 2014, 07:06 AM
I'm glad I bought the Dec 2013 flexi when I did. They are getting hard to find now!

Wosie
November 6th, 2014, 08:20 AM
L_h_b, Indeed! I will try my luck with an XL Dec-2013 flexi another time. :o

I haven't tried on my flexis much lately, and now that my hair is long enough to stay up somewhat easily in a bun I realised that flexis in L are too small for me. :( At least for the buns I tried thus far - disc bun and cinnabun. My medium flexi works well for half-ups and ponytail I'm happy to say, but what to do with my larges? :hmm: Any advice is appreciated!

Theobroma
November 6th, 2014, 08:41 AM
Wosie, any centre-held bun should work with a large. I use mine for LWB and pencil/Nautilus buns. I can also use them for French twists, though they're getting to be a bit cramped for that style.

roseomalley
November 6th, 2014, 09:59 AM
I love the 2013 Flexi. I bought one in small. I have two questions. The first is, does issuing the holiday Flexies early mean there will not be a different one issued for Dec.? The second is, what color Flexi do you like with silver hair? I have mostly bought silver ones, but they do blend right in.

lapushka
November 6th, 2014, 10:03 AM
I'm not buying if the free shipping isn't international. Bummer for them.