PDA

View Full Version : Feye's Self Trimming - My First Attempt (pic!)

bttrfly857
December 30th, 2008, 07:48 AM
I've just started trying to grow out my layers, and this morning did my first attempt at self trimming. I trimmed somewhere between 1-2 inches. Looking at the photo, I can't believe how layered my hair is! At least it hides if my cut is straight or not lol. Overall, I think I'm happy with how it came out, I'll probably re-evaluate after my shower in a few minutes when my hair is nice and clean. (I only trimmed the longest layer)

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/nitsirk857/firstcut.jpg

patissegrietje
December 30th, 2008, 08:06 AM
:) it turned out quite well!
Tried my first self trim a few weeks ago, but it went wrong, and ended up cutting more than i planned to! BF eventually had to fix things for me...

MandaMom2Three
December 30th, 2008, 08:49 AM
Looks very nice :)

bttrfly857
December 30th, 2008, 08:58 AM
Thanks guys! I showered and trimmed a little more and now I'm really liking it. I think it's a bit shorter than I meant to go, but it looks so much better than it did, so I don't really mind

http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c107/nitsirk857/firstcut2.jpg

Siava
December 30th, 2008, 10:05 AM
I think you did a great job.

Ryanne
December 30th, 2008, 10:07 AM
It looks lovely!

Sissy
December 30th, 2008, 10:17 AM
looks fantastic... great job. Maybe someday I'll be brave enough to try self-trimming!

AngelInDisguise
December 30th, 2008, 10:23 AM
I think you made a really good job! I had my first self-trim experience not too long ago - but I was not that brave and cut only about half an inch.

If you want to grow out your layers, I think self-trimming might be the best way to reach the goal!

Akiko
December 30th, 2008, 10:27 AM
Looks very nice. You did a great job. Nice U-shape!:flower:

I do Feye's self trimming and think it's one of the best things I have learned on this board. I just don't like to go to a salon. Takes too much time and $$ for a simple trim. Feye's self trimmming works so great! I love it.

Rose J.
December 30th, 2008, 10:45 AM
It looks really good! :thumbsup:

lapushka
December 30th, 2008, 11:54 AM
Looks great. Good job!

viking_quest
December 30th, 2008, 01:56 PM
You did a great job on the self trim.

maskedrose
December 30th, 2008, 02:56 PM
That last picture looks fantastic! I've also started self trimming, and it really is easier than I thought it would be.

Nyghtingale
December 30th, 2008, 04:02 PM
Great job! You have beautiful hair.

Darkhorse1
December 30th, 2008, 04:06 PM
That's AMAZING! I remember doing my own micro-trim and it didn't come out too well. I saw my hair dresser after it and she said 'your hair is uneven'. I made my cheesy smile and said 'yah, I tried to trim it myself. Didn't work. Learned my lesson'. My hair just curls everywhere when I wet it and cut it. So, I let someone who can see/comb it out to keep it level trim it.

bttrfly857
December 31st, 2008, 06:09 AM
Thanks for all the compliments everyone!! :)

I'm glad it came out "acceptable" at least, now I can get rid of these layers! I think I'm going to focus more on that than length for the next few months.

karli
December 31st, 2008, 06:10 AM
I try to self-trim between my appointments with hairdressers. For me, beeing 1c, I think it is not possible to se that it´s uneven after one or two selftrims, but after the third I usually need help getting it even. Without layers, ít should be easier.But you look good!

Addy
December 31st, 2008, 07:12 AM
UGH! I hate growing out layers!

You did a great job with trimming yours! I had dd do mine in November but she was a little heavy handed with the inch <more like 2inches> but she did a great job!

As time goes on, you'll get better at it. I wish you lots of patience and good luck for the new year of 09! :)

6monkeys
December 31st, 2008, 07:40 AM
You did a really nice job. This is something that I would like to do too.

MimiKeki
December 31st, 2008, 12:47 PM
It looks fine :) well done! We're pretty much in the same boat, with the whole trying-to-grow-out-layers thing. It's so frustrating trying to grow them out!

Periwinkle
December 31st, 2008, 01:00 PM
Looks really good! You've inspired me for my trim tomorrow :)