PDA

View Full Version : breakage from CO?

Bene
December 29th, 2008, 07:13 PM
so, i started doing CO, only 2 washes in (because i think my scalp doesn't like dairy whip :( even though my hair loves it), and i'm noticing (hearing) more breakage when i comb or put in a fork.

is it possible to over-moisturize? do i need more protein? do i have to go back to using shampoo?

Cinnamon Hair
December 29th, 2008, 08:51 PM
This is something I have never heard of happening before. It is possible to over-moisturize but that shouldn't lead to breakage, just limp greasy looking hair.

What are you using for the scalp conditioner in the CO?

Anje
December 29th, 2008, 08:52 PM
It's possible to over-moisturize (or more aptly, under-protein) your hair. The descriptions I've heard are that overmoisturized hair are that it's oddly stretchy, and that it feels mushy, like wet paper, especially when it's wet, and it's fragile. (It's most common with hair that's experienced chemical treatments like perms/relaxers and bleach.)

Give your hair a protein treatment (lots of people like Hask Henna & Placenta, but you can just whip up whole eggs and put them on your hair, too), follow up with more moisture to help avoid the brittle over-proteined hair, and see how it works.

Kirin
December 29th, 2008, 09:06 PM
I had this problem with CO, usually its build up and you need a clarifying shampoo to start fresh. I abandoned CO as this would happen regularly and I shed tons after a while using it.

OhioLisa
December 29th, 2008, 11:14 PM
It could also simply be that since conditioner doesn't lather as well, you are over-compensating by scrubbing harder, thus producing tangles? I used to have a problem with that myself. Just an idea. :shrug:

Bene
December 29th, 2008, 11:19 PM
i MIGHT be scrubbing harder... i'm not confirming or denying such a thing, but it is a strong possibility http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y244/bene25/smilies/shocked.gif

ok, gameplan: clarify, do the hask, then condition (softly), and hope it turns out well.

thanks everyone!

talecon
December 29th, 2008, 11:36 PM
*whispers* what is CO?...:o

FUNK2LOPEZ
December 29th, 2008, 11:40 PM
I'm new and I don't know what CO is either. Little help here for the newbie, please.:o

Bene
December 29th, 2008, 11:41 PM
*whispers* what is CO?...:o

*whispers back* conditioner only :)

talecon
December 29th, 2008, 11:46 PM
oooohhh I do that :P