PDA

View Full Version : Hair washing question

Yedda
December 29th, 2008, 11:09 AM
This question may be simple, but I wash my hair before bedtime and I do not blowdry, so when I go to bed my hair is still damp. I almost always wake up with a huge bump and crinks in my hair. Any suggestions to prevent this?

Periwinkle
December 29th, 2008, 12:20 PM
Well, if you can wash your hair earlier in the evening (if that's possible), then it might be drier. Then you could maybe braid it overnight, so you'd have braid waves rather than random bumps.

RocketDog
December 29th, 2008, 12:25 PM
doing a loose braid or bun should help minimize kinks - I know it does for me, and my hair kinks REALLY easily since it's fine and curly.

mira-chan
December 29th, 2008, 01:51 PM
I loosely braid my hair after wash, it keeps the hair from looking weird. I've had a lion mane with the lion ears to go with it after sleeping on loose hair after wash ones or twice. Tying it up when drying makes for easier to deal with hair.

Islandgrrl
December 29th, 2008, 02:00 PM
I notice that your hair is still short, so bedtime updos won't work well for you yet.

I'd suggest one of two things. Either wash earlier so that your hair has the chance to dry fully before you go to bed, or be prepared to get wet in the morning!

I started my growth journey at about the shortest possible pixie - pretty much a little short of shaving my head. Until my hair got long enough to braid or bun, I washed my hair in the morning or sprayed it liberally with water to get rid of the HORRIBLE bed head (hair going all over the place, cowlicks, etc).

It will get easier, it just takes time an patience. Every stage of growth has its own problems!

jojo
December 29th, 2008, 02:58 PM
Because your hair still needs a little length to braid,you could do miniture buns all over! (sorry my spell check is not working)

allege
December 29th, 2008, 03:53 PM
Loosely bun it on the very top of your head. Or just wash your hair earlier in the evening.

Yedda
December 29th, 2008, 05:19 PM
Thanks everyone. Looks like I'll have to try to wash earlier in the evening. When my hair is a little longer, I can try the braids and updo's too. Thanks!;)