PDA

View Full Version : Got offered hair-extensions

MoonCreature
March 26th, 2008, 06:30 AM
I had a laugh today when I was in the mall, and I managed to do something extraordinary, to shut up a sales-person completely.

There is this one stand with hair-extensions in the mall on my way to the buss. The salesperson often tries to sell his products to me, but I'm usually wearing head-sets or running to the buss. But today he started walking beside me and babbling something about hair-extensions, I tried to wave him of and keep on walking but he didn't give up. So I stopped and said that I really don't want or need extensions. Of course he wouldn't believe me but kept on talking :rolleyes: So I finally reached out and took away the hairstick from my bun so that my hair fell out. That got him really quiet :cheese:

I found out that he didn't even have extensions that mached the length of my hair :lol:

florenonite
March 26th, 2008, 06:32 AM
That's brilliant! Especially because your hair's already quite long, I can imagine what that must have been like ^_^

ladystar
March 26th, 2008, 06:42 AM
thats must have been great I wish I would have been there to laugh at him. lol

MeMyselfandI
March 26th, 2008, 06:46 AM
LOL MoonCreature.

You have me smiling.

Actually I was thinking of hair extentions when I was reading the post about being professional, which I never got to respond to. I should.

I was thinking those sme silly ninnies would be the first to get extentions to make their hair long to look good when going out.

MemSahib
March 26th, 2008, 06:54 AM
What a great story! Thank you for making me smile — no, make that laugh! :D

david
March 26th, 2008, 06:57 AM
:applause ha ha, this is priceless. I would have loved to have been there to see his face. I bet the silence was deafening once you let your hair down.

Feisty Redhead
March 26th, 2008, 06:59 AM
I would have loved to see the expression on his face. LOL Sounds like something I'd do, too. Except I don't think my hair is quite long enough for that little trick to really work just yet. :D

Remke
March 26th, 2008, 07:00 AM
Hihihi that's a fantastic action!

Gothic Lolita
March 26th, 2008, 07:06 AM
That's a good story. I wish I'd have been there to see the stupid look an the salesman's face! You really made me laugh, MoonCreature!

Guenever
March 26th, 2008, 07:08 AM
Nicely done! :lol: An annoying extentions-selling man bumping into a LHCer? He got what was coming to him!^^

Lisa-Maria
March 26th, 2008, 07:11 AM
I wish I could see his face...

Nightshade
March 26th, 2008, 07:14 AM
:spitting:

That rocks. I wonder if our mall has any of those kiosks, it could be fun to try...

Amnell
March 26th, 2008, 07:22 AM
what a funny story, you made me laugh and i wish i could see his face -->
:agape:

Xandergrammy
March 26th, 2008, 07:38 AM
I love it!!! :joy: Good for you!!

k_hepburn
March 26th, 2008, 08:01 AM
Absolutely brilliant!

LHC rocks! :cheese::cheese::cheese:

katharine

SHELIAANN1969
March 26th, 2008, 08:13 AM
You said that the same salesman tries to bug you all the time?? Maybe he fancies you.....and then was stunned when you showed him your locks!!

vindo
March 26th, 2008, 08:29 AM
Great Move :D I can just imagine his face..did he say anything else after that?

Last time I was bothered by someone selling extensions they said I should cut off my hair and then get long and thickening extensions since my natural hair is so thin..:rolleyes:

They try anything to sell you that crap.

madisonclare
March 26th, 2008, 08:29 AM
ha ha that would have been so funny to see.

Katze
March 26th, 2008, 08:30 AM
that's GREAT. Brilliant!:cheese:

one time a doctor told me I needed to lose weight. I was a bike racer at the time and solid muscle, so I made him feel my leg - actually took his hand and made it grip my thigh. His eyes got really big and he apologized and muttered something about muscle weighing more than fat.

Alaia
March 26th, 2008, 08:37 AM
LOL!! Excellent. I'd love to be able to do something like that. Maybe I'll go stalk some hair extension sellers and see what happens :p
Seriously though his face must have been a picture.

And Katze, your story is funny too.

eresh
March 26th, 2008, 09:10 AM
Hahhahaa that's genius, I wish I could have seen the look on his face

Lixie
March 26th, 2008, 09:23 AM
Ha, brilliant. I'd have loved to see his face. :lol:

eadwine
March 26th, 2008, 10:48 AM
:spitting: WHAHAHAHA!!

maskedrose
March 26th, 2008, 10:55 AM
Hahaha! What a great way to shut him up! I bet his face looked like this :agape:

CurlyNinja
March 26th, 2008, 11:01 AM
Haha!!! awesome!!!!!

Now...If only when I let down my hair cell phone service came tumbling out...

Gylfi
March 26th, 2008, 11:05 AM
Hahaha, I love these stories! Excellent response.

Haha!!! awesome!!!!!

Now...If only when I let down my hair cell phone service came tumbling out...
Wow, I was trying to think of a way to relate this story to all of the confrontations I've had with service providers. Couldn't have done it better :D I usually just tell them I need a provider that works in Iceland too, and they're reluctant to look up all of their affiliates because they don't have enough resources to do it from their mall-booths.

jojo
March 26th, 2008, 04:02 PM
classic! id have given anything to see his face too, pity you didnt swing round and wack him with it ha ha--------->:p (to the gobsmacked man)

DaveDecker
March 26th, 2008, 05:30 PM
:spitting:

That rocks. I wonder if our mall has any of those kiosks, it could be fun to try...

One day a few years ago, at a mall I asked the hairpiece kiosk salesperson for an opinion. Her deadpan reply: "You have enough hair." :grin:

Thanks for sharing your (priceless) experience, MoonCreature!

Islandgrrl
March 26th, 2008, 05:35 PM
That is quite a great story! Would have loved to see the look on his face!!!

jojo
March 26th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Great Move :D I can just imagine his face..did he say anything else after that?

Last time I was bothered by someone selling extensions they said I should cut off my hair and then get long and thickening extensions since my natural hair is so thin..:rolleyes:

They try anything to sell you that crap.
how rude you should have said 'why not i just put it round your neck and throttle you, creep!'

Lamb
March 26th, 2008, 06:12 PM
GOSH!! How I wish I had been there! Dramatic and witty, just awesome!

coppercurls
March 26th, 2008, 07:21 PM
:luke:Good for you!

Anje
March 26th, 2008, 08:49 PM
I've been chuckling to myself all day when I see this thread come up.... Wish I could have been there.

But I can offer this little gem: http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/9889/hairextal5.th.png (http://img254.imageshack.us/my.php?image=hairextal5.png)

DecafJane
March 26th, 2008, 08:53 PM
That is BRILLIANT!!! :D

I WISH I could have been there. :)