PDA

View Full Version : Ugh, hairtype help please!

Arctic_Mama
December 28th, 2008, 11:09 PM
I am having a hairtyping quandary, everyone :o

I wore my hair curly for our Christmas Eve service at church, this is after a few hours of being blown around and flattening out a bit. I washed my hair the night before, spritzed a little rose water on them and shook my head, so pretty bed-headish.

I *really* can't tell my hair type at all and figured this was a decent picture. I am thinking it is 2b, because the waves have body and spring to them instead of just laying flat, but my hair has been dyed twice and the bottom inch or two should bear the scars of being flat ironed once or twice a week for six months (baaaad idea) so I don't know how true to my curls this really is.

Help from some good visual hairtypers, please? Sorry for the slight blurriness!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1800&pictureid=28039

EvaSimone
December 28th, 2008, 11:26 PM
I would say 2c, your hair has a beautiful wave/curl pattern... I think you should try washing your hair and letting it air dry with no touching. That will give you the most accurate result.

Asking for hair typing help when your hair has been messed with/slept on doesn't always give the most accurate results.

manderly
December 28th, 2008, 11:34 PM
Pretty S waves.

But EvaSimone is right. To get the most accurate hairtyping, you need to wash and dry with no leave in products and no touching :)

Copasetic
December 29th, 2008, 12:30 AM
Judging by that picture I would say 2C, but I also think it is important to keep in mind that not everyone fits neatly into one of the ten categories.

Also, your hair is STUNNING. I am insanely jealous :)

Arctic_Mama
December 29th, 2008, 02:09 AM
Hmmm... I will have to try showering in the morning sometime. I usually have to sleep on my hair wet because I have two small children and nighttime is the only time of the day I can laze around and take 'me time' in the bathroom :p

It did used to be curlier... back a few years ago I did CO and curl-trained it with scrunching, but henna flattened it out a bit as did the length. Then I chopped and chemically dyed... so I do think it is a bit curlier than it looks now.

That's one of my big motivators to get back to virgin hair - I want to see what it is REALLY like without abuse! My maternal grandmother had beautiful deep auburn hair with 3b/3c curls, and my mom's curls are 3a/3b... I figure following that trend I should be another step down, but who knows.

Thanks everyone :) I will wash it and TRULY leave it (no pinning back or anything) and take another picture to compare.

Honey39
December 29th, 2008, 04:30 AM
I'd say 2c...but having said that, I can get my hair insanely curly by adding the right product and scrunching and water, so I think wavy hair can go curly quite easily. Also, the more I've left my hair alone (no blow drying, no shampoo, no heat, no brushing etc), the curlier it's become. Almost like all the routines were beating the curl out?

You have very pretty hair, btw - it's lovely!

Aditi
December 29th, 2008, 05:36 AM
Even i also feel that your hair type is of 2c

Curlsgirl
December 29th, 2008, 08:19 AM
I would say more of a 2b/2c just because I don't really see any spirals just waves. VERY pretty hair though WOW!!!

Tangles
December 29th, 2008, 09:47 AM
I'd say 2b/2c. I wouldn't put you at solid 2c until there are smaller, more defined ringlets at the bottom (which may come with length and gentler handling).

spidermom
December 29th, 2008, 09:51 AM
I'm weighing in with 2C.

Anje
December 29th, 2008, 11:27 AM
A fresh-washed pic would be better, but based on this, I'm going with 2c. I think you might have a few spirals toward the ends on the back of your head.

RocketDog
December 29th, 2008, 12:26 PM
I'd say 2b/2c, but I'm horrible with hairtyping. Whatever type it is, you have GORGEOUS hair!

teela1978
December 29th, 2008, 12:33 PM
I'd call it 2c.

Arctic_Mama
December 29th, 2008, 02:30 PM
Awe, thank you for the compliments, everyone :o

jojo
December 29th, 2008, 03:01 PM
Id say too you are a 2c, yours has more waves from the crown than mine.