PDA

View Full Version : Almost there

PhillyGirl1978@
December 28th, 2008, 04:12 PM
I am desperately trying to get my curly hair to be elbow length when curly beings I don't straighten. When I was in the shower with my hair completely drenched it was feeling a little longer than I remembered on my back. I reached around and it is about two fingers from waist length which is great, after I squeezed the water out, blotted a little and put some conditioner and product in, just below BSL, when my hair is dry it just brushes BSL. Lately I have been wearing it up in buns and twists more and doing regular scalp massage. It does feel like it's getting longer, that damn skrinkage eats up my length, it's driving me nuts. AHHHH I know people here can feel my pain!

darkwaves
December 28th, 2008, 04:33 PM
But just think how long it will really be when it finally reaches elbow length dry! (Yes, I feel your pain.)

coppercurls
December 28th, 2008, 04:35 PM
It is frustrating!When wet, my hair is between waist length & tail bone. When dry there are days that it barely looks past BSL. People are always shocked when I do straighten (which is very, very rare) or if they see my hair wet. Yup, I feel your pain.:(

PhillyGirl1978@
December 28th, 2008, 05:25 PM
This is as long as I think it's ever been and still when it's dry it doesn't feel all that long to me. Other people seems to notice it, bit it just looks average to me. I guess we all get that.

silkenblacksea
December 28th, 2008, 08:40 PM
It is quite frustrating !(yeah, that shrinkage!!!!) I'm at waist length at 32.5", pulled staight,of course! But curly and dry it comes 1.5 inches above BSL. My hair hasn't been this long before, but the shrinkage (yes, it has become an entity all its own!! :justy: ) seems to rob me of the joys of my newfound length. I do feel your pain!

30isthenewblack
December 29th, 2008, 01:07 AM
I do feel your pain. My hair shrinks up to 6"! It's waist length but BSL curly.

Curlsgirl
December 29th, 2008, 08:24 AM
Yep me too. It seems to take so much longer than others. Very frustrating. When I do blow mine straight I tend to leave it that way for quite a while so I can enjoy the length but then when I wash it again it's back up there to BSL :mad:

Copasetic
December 29th, 2008, 10:44 AM
I definitely feel your pain! I just try to keep in mind how great my hair will look when it is really long and curly.

suicides_eve
December 29th, 2008, 07:53 PM
yep i know what your going through i'm apl but may hair hangs around shoulders *mumbles* it's a pain but i love the compliments i get on the curls*heart*