PDA

View Full Version : Weekly treatment

Yedda
December 28th, 2008, 11:57 AM
I have thin, damaged hair and am looking for a weekly treatment to use. I have colored my hair several times in the last couple years and I'm not sure if that is the cause, but somehow my hair has gotten into terrible condition. Any suggestions?

Anje
December 28th, 2008, 11:59 AM
What kind of damage do you have? Is your hair dry, stretchy, or brittle, for example?

Lady Verity
December 28th, 2008, 01:36 PM
I found my damaged, dry hair perked up a lot after leaving olive oil in it overnight, every night. Check the forums - there are lots of groovy tips. :)

xrosiex
December 28th, 2008, 01:42 PM
I found my damaged, dry hair perked up a lot after leaving olive oil in it overnight, every night. Check the forums - there are lots of groovy tips. :)

I totally agree with Lady Verity. Even a little EVOO helps my dry hair alot.:)

Yedda
December 28th, 2008, 03:32 PM
What kind of damage do you have? Is your hair dry, stretchy, or brittle, for example?

I guess I would say brittle, maybe dry? It looks so unhealthy.

Yedda
December 28th, 2008, 03:33 PM
Thank you guys for the olive oil tip...I will have to give it a try.

HairColoredHair
December 28th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Well, there's many things to try... just don't do too many right after another until you see the results from one!

Oil soaks can help some hair, SMT helps others (Snowy's Moisture Treatment, the recipe is on the forums), some people's hair has a need for protein like you'd find in 'Henna and Placenta' from Sally's or something similar.

It's all about finding out what your hair needs/wants... you're bound to make a few mis-steps figuring it out, I know I did.

plainjanegirl
December 28th, 2008, 06:07 PM
I agree that everybody's hair is different. Your hair may or may not like the smt or oilings. Or your hair may prefer deep conditioners that you can pick up at a salon or retail store. Just rememer when you try something new give it a bit to see if it works or not before trying something else. Good luck and hang in there!!!