PDA

View Full Version : Hair Typing - Opinions Please!

smilinjenn71
December 28th, 2008, 08:27 AM
OK, I took a pic this morning for hair typing because I'm not really sure what I am. Any and all opinions are appreciated!:flower:

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1999&pictureid=28019

Speckla
December 28th, 2008, 08:30 AM
1a with a little bit of b flip. Pretty color.
________
Mexico Hotels (http://mexicocityhotel.info)

Dreamernz
December 28th, 2008, 08:43 AM
I think that you'd have to grow your hair longer before it could be told for sure what your hair typing was because it looks straight with however, the potential for wavyness :)

Katze
December 28th, 2008, 08:44 AM
hard to tell at your length. When my hair was that length, it looked straighter than yours; now I have lazy spiral waves from the shoulders down.

Often wavy hair needs a bit more length (not to mention more moisture!) to really show off its wave pattern. I would suspect that that's the case with yours. As it stands, I'd say 1c, but again, hard to tell without more length.

Another way of hairtyping that I find useful is to see if you hair behaves like straight hair or wavy hair. Does it demand more moisture, and thrive from it? Does it get frizzy? These are indications that you are a wavy, even if you are a "barely wavy" like me. If your hair mostly hangs straight and smooth, then you are "mostly straight" - so in the 1 category. My hair is "frizzy straight" or "mostly straight wavy" - it looks straight, but acts wavy, if that makes snse.

Again, only time will tell... ;)

smilinjenn71
December 28th, 2008, 09:14 AM
"Does it demand more moisture, and thrive from it? Does it get frizzy? These are indications that you are a wavy, even if you are a "barely wavy" like me."

YES! That is exactly how it behaves! It doesn't get terribly frizzy, just a little. You can see it's a bit fuzzy today because I didn't condition and there is no product in my hair. This typing stuff is complicated...LOL!

So, perhaps I have to wait a bit longer to truly know.....

Thanks for the info so far!:)

smilinjenn71
October 31st, 2009, 05:29 PM
OK I'm back again! I thought *maybe* this pic would be more helpful on the typing situation.

Currently typed at 1b/1c but if you think it should be something different PLEASE speak up! I need all the help I can get with this...haha.

Pic is in a half-up but it's mostly for my unruly bangs. Therefore I doubt it would make any difference for typing purposes.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1999&pictureid=54089

pilateschick7
October 31st, 2009, 06:00 PM
Your color is very pretty & healthy looking. I think a bit more length is really going to help you catch your "inner wavy." My hair was almost straight at that length.

I would try an SMT before hair typing pics. Moisture really helps mine clump into curls.

teela1978
October 31st, 2009, 06:10 PM
I'd guess 2a-ish, but things can change as it grows.

melikai
October 31st, 2009, 06:37 PM
I'm going to say 2a for now - but you may be wavier than that. It looks very nice!

smilinjenn71
October 31st, 2009, 07:08 PM
Your color is very pretty & healthy looking. I think a bit more length is really going to help you catch your "inner wavy." My hair was almost straight at that length.

I would try an SMT before hair typing pics. Moisture really helps mine clump into curls.
Aww thank you! I've seen that term before - SMT - but not sure what it means.....

I'd guess 2a-ish, but things can change as it grows.
I would LOVE to be 2a-ish....hehe.

I'm going to say 2a for now - but you may be wavier than that. It looks very nice!
I've never known long hair, without perm. So the journey and observations will be fun. Thank you very much!

smilinjenn71
October 31st, 2009, 07:13 PM
.... apparently I can't spell opinions!:wigtongue

halo_tightens
October 31st, 2009, 10:07 PM
I would guess 2a also.

Trust me, I know how you feel! My hair has a completely new texture that it's never had before. I might have spent my whole life thinking I was a frizzy and unruly 1a/1b if not for the help of LHC!!

Tornerose
November 1st, 2009, 06:52 AM
My guess would be 2a, maybe even 2b as it gets longer... you lucky girl

LutraLutra
November 1st, 2009, 06:54 AM
I'm saying 2a too. :D I think you're more wavy than you think you are, but they won't show up until your hair gets a little longer.

Tovah
November 1st, 2009, 06:57 AM
I'm really no good at typing hair, but your color is gorgeous! Do you color your hair? If you do, what do you use?

smilinjenn71
November 1st, 2009, 07:30 AM
YAY ME!:cheese:

Changing my type to 2a!!! Thank you for all your help. I guess we'll see where it's at in another year.;)

TOVAH, I do color my hair with Hendigo. (50% Henna and 50% Indigo) I'm naturally brunette so it helps cover my grey and give my hair an auburn appearance. I really like it, except for the up-keep of every 6-8 weeks. BUT I'm too young to go grey just yet. (at least for me/my preference) At least with Hendigo it is safer/natural and more healthy for my hair, verses standard hair color.

Thank you for all the compliments! ~blush~

jojo
November 1st, 2009, 08:27 PM
Yes id say a 2a which will probably change to a 2c as it grows longer.

What lovely thick hair you have too.

smilinjenn71
November 7th, 2009, 12:23 PM
Thank you JoJo, I'm beginning to like my hair more, now that it's getting longer. I can't wait until a year from now!!!:D