PDA

View Full Version : Waist | Hip

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

squiggyflop
December 27th, 2008, 10:19 AM
well i ran a search and i couldnt find a thread that matched.. ive now got waist length hair (and this time im not chopping it back to bsl) so im almost hip when wet but my waves keep me closer to waist when dry.. who else here wants to grow with me.. any other people going from waist to hip?
here is a pic.. my hair wasnt very wavy that day.. oh and ignore the orange lines they just show where i started at in august 2007 and where i would have been in dec 2008 if i hadnt trimmed so much.. oh and view the wonders of henna.. sometimes it can look brown like in the pic below and sometimes it can look flaming red depending on the light

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v512/kidmol/novemberprogress.jpg
ive still got like 3-4 inches until im hip when dry.. maybe 1-2 inches when sopping wet.

it took me so long to get to waist with blunt ends because my underside grows twice as fast as my canopy so it always looks like ive got layers if i dont trim..

iriska
December 27th, 2008, 10:59 AM
ohhh...the length you have now is EXACTLY the length (and U-shape) i want to achieve !!!
i LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair :)
(the color is really nice too!)

pinksquiff
December 27th, 2008, 11:00 AM
Hey Squiggy

I will grow with you, I am at waist at the moment and due to the loong body I have far to go to get to hip, if i ever do!

Anyway I have done a couple of trims in the last couple of months to get rid of the layers in my hair. Hair is in much better condition and I hope that in the New Year I can go a little time without a cut so that I can get some good growing in.

Good luck with your journey and remember we are now at the point where tipping your head back means you can feel it sweep the bottom of your back, how cool is that? :cheese:

Sherri
December 27th, 2008, 11:17 AM
I will grow with you. I was recently at 32" and after my end of year trim I stand at 30" Hopefully this new year I can achieve TB or longer.

cthulhuapproved
December 27th, 2008, 11:37 AM
Oh my! A waist-to-hip support group sounds delightful. Count me in!

I had actually just reached hip about three weeks ago, but everything from waist on down had a very strawlike texture from when I used to blowdry my hair regularly, when it was around APL. I reasoned, "It's long enough now for me to cut off all of the damaged stuff without freaking out that it's too short." So I did. ...And the freakout that ensued was almost unprecedented.

So here I am, back at waist, wistfully waiting for my hair to again reach the length I now think of as "where it was before I stupidly cut off several inches, thinking it would look better." (Which it doesn't.) I feel like waist is the most awkward hair length for my body shape, so why I reasoned it would look "better" if I cut it back to waist is beyond me.

Argh.

Anyway. High fives for waist-to-hip anyway. Wee!

Rapunzelwannabe
December 27th, 2008, 04:07 PM
I'll join!! I'm due to hit tailbone early 2010 if I trim every 3 or 4 months, but if I can stretch it out a little I should be there by next christmas. I'm at 30 inches right now and my tailbone ends at 35 inches

jojo
December 27th, 2008, 04:36 PM
oh I wish I could but I should be joining this post around September, see you then!

30isthenewblack
December 27th, 2008, 05:25 PM
I'd just thought I'd hop onto the thread and wish you all luck! My hair is 30" when pulled straight and only 3.5" to hip but I've got curly hair so a long way to go! My final goal is waist curly so it has to reach hip straight for that to happen!

arylkin
December 27th, 2008, 05:28 PM
Your hair is GORGEOUS! I love your hemline too! Do you do it yourself or go to a hairdresser?

venividibxtchy
December 27th, 2008, 05:42 PM
Your hair is GORGEOUS! I love your hemline too! Do you do it yourself or go to a hairdresser?

I'd also like to know about your hemline.

squiggyflop
December 27th, 2008, 06:19 PM
ohhh...the length you have now is EXACTLY the length (and U-shape) i want to achieve !!!
i LOVE LOVE LOVE your hair :)
(the color is really nice too!)
thanks!:D

Oh my! A waist-to-hip support group sounds delightful. Count me in!

I had actually just reached hip about three weeks ago, but everything from waist on down had a very strawlike texture from when I used to blowdry my hair regularly, when it was around APL. I reasoned, "It's long enough now for me to cut off all of the damaged stuff without freaking out that it's too short." So I did. ...And the freakout that ensued was almost unprecedented.

So here I am, back at waist, wistfully waiting for my hair to again reach the length I now think of as "where it was before I stupidly cut off several inches, thinking it would look better." (Which it doesn't.) I feel like waist is the most awkward hair length for my body shape, so why I reasoned it would look "better" if I cut it back to waist is beyond me.

Argh.

Anyway. High fives for waist-to-hip anyway. Wee!
welcome to lhc!

i did go to a hairdresser.. she cut off 2 inches instead of the centimeter i asked for.. i even showed her on her hand that a centimeter was the width of her pinky nail.. she decided to disobey me anyway.. grrr.. ok end rant.. i am however perfectly capable of cutting my own hair into a perfect u shape.. its darn easy with Fey's self trim technique.. (sp)

I'd also like to know about your hemline.
yup i went to a hair dresser.. but it wasnt necessary in order to get a perfect u shape.. all i need is my tri fold bathroom mirror (so i can see the back of me) a scrunchy, a spray bottle of water and a good pair of hair scissors.. easy..

Oberon88
December 27th, 2008, 10:53 PM
I'm here, I'm probably two inches to hip. But my shortest layers are just above BSL.....

silkenblacksea
December 28th, 2008, 06:44 PM
Count me in! I've (finally!) reached waist at 32.5". Hip is only 3.5 inches away!!:D

tazruby
December 28th, 2008, 06:50 PM
ill grow with you, right now im at in between my bra and waist.

KC83
January 1st, 2009, 02:41 PM
your hair is stunning!

Annushka
January 1st, 2009, 02:51 PM
I'd like to join too!
I have about 2 inches to go until I reach hip, but it feels like I've been "just below waist" forever.
Possibly I'll maintain at hip for awhile until my hemline thickens up, although if hip doesn't feel "long" yet, I might go for TB before I start trimming regularly.

Heidi_234
January 1st, 2009, 03:51 PM
Me too! My longer layer are basically hip when pulled straight but waist when naturally curly, so I too grow from waist to hip at the moment. Funnily enough I'm also full participant on the BSL to waist thread due to my shorter layers. :lol:

squiggyflop
January 1st, 2009, 06:06 PM
your hair is stunning!
thankyou! (if you were talking to me)

ive been having a bit of trouble with my hair.. ever since it became waist length its been tangling and breaking and splitting like mad.. ofcourse winter also started as i hit waist so im wondering if it could be the weather.. the conditioners that worked at bsl are no longer working

crystal_89
January 2nd, 2009, 08:16 PM
I'll join this too as after my trim I just grown back to waist again. However, I may continue to go backwards before I go forwards because of my layers. I'm thinking of growing halfway to hip and then cutting back to waist every six months instead of trimming every 6-12 weeks so I can experience a bit of a difference in my hair.

Oberon88
January 2nd, 2009, 08:43 PM
I've been here forever. I just measured today- 32" Eyeballing I'll be at hip at 34 or 35....
My goal is hip by April 09.
Happy growing everyone!

SweetPea88
January 2nd, 2009, 08:45 PM
I'm in as well! I'm a little past waist now with intentions of hip being my goal length. I'm in the process of trimming each month for the moment so I can get rid of my layers.

Cereus
January 2nd, 2009, 09:29 PM
I think I've finally hit waist and I'm ready to try for hip. Though there may be a few trims in my future.

METABUZZ
January 3rd, 2009, 07:02 AM
You're almost there!

Tressie
January 3rd, 2009, 07:13 AM
Just lovely Squiggy!!! Congratulations!

squiggyflop
January 3rd, 2009, 01:10 PM
Just lovely Squiggy!!! Congratulations!
thank you!:D

hey everyone my hair now touches my hips when wet! i just realized it in the bath yesterday.. but its only when its sopping wet..
ugh my hair has developed layers again from my underside growing faster than my canopy.. its so annoying.. and my ends are all flippy.. oh well..

HildeMV
February 5th, 2009, 05:12 PM
Sorry if it's been asked before, but what is the difference. What is hip length really?

Forever_Sophie
February 5th, 2009, 05:32 PM
Wow! Your hair is gorgeous and looks thick!

I'm now at waist, too, and this was my goal. I should check out more pics of hip-lengths....I just might be joining you! :)

melrose1985
February 5th, 2009, 05:45 PM
Question for you all. I'm at my shoulder (a tiny bit pass) and my longer term goal is waist. But that most you are right around waist, when you started growing your hair did you find that you wanted waist and thought that that length was going to be a good one, but when you got there realized you wanted it longer?

Oberon88
February 5th, 2009, 05:51 PM
melrose waist was my original goal but when I reached it I realized I wanted it longer. Now that I'm at hip, I realize that I want to just keep growing!!!

HildeMV
February 5th, 2009, 06:02 PM
Melrose, yes that's how it happened. I didn't really feel waist was as long as I had thought.

melrose1985
February 5th, 2009, 06:05 PM
Oberon88 and HildeMV. This is what i thinking is going to happen to me. But i have a couple of years before i'll know. : ) thanks!!

SimplyLonghair
February 5th, 2009, 07:32 PM
I was past hip and down to tailbone, but I am working my way backafter a cut of 7 inches from 37 back to 30. Trimmed to get a more blunt hem line. But I am on my way back to hip and beyond!:D

Heidi_234
February 6th, 2009, 12:27 PM
34.5" yey!
It's hip straight and inch or so beyond waist naturally curly.

Amara
February 6th, 2009, 02:42 PM
I am just at hip now - been here for a few months as I did a trim right when I reached hip a few month ago... now I'm back... I'm heading for tailbone now as I realized this length is not a problem for me in terms of upkeep or getting in the way... I still love it long!

ETA: as for reaching waist and then growing longer... it seems like to me (and to others from what I can tell) waist looks longer on other people than it feels on oneself. :shrug:

HildeMV
February 6th, 2009, 03:44 PM
I feel like I'm going to put a ? after the TB goal soon. :p But I honestly don't know what my terminal length is, I've never had it longer than waist.

may1em
February 6th, 2009, 04:23 PM
Hey! I'll join. I'm maintaining at waist for a bit until I can trim off the six inches at the end that's full of splits. The problem is way too pervasive for search and destroy - thanks to a couple layered cuts a couple years ago, anytime the ends of the affected hairs creep past BSL they decide to explode - I think most of them are longer than BSL now.

I'd like to grow to hip or tailbone at least once to see if I like it that long. DBF for some reason preferred it around BSL and thinks any longer than now would look old-fashioned - but it's my head and I'll do with my hair as I please. If I don't like it at tailbone or hip, then I'll cut back to waist or iliac. But it would be nice to try. :)

darkwaves
February 6th, 2009, 05:12 PM
This is my length, too.

Wet, my hair is two inches or so below waist -- dry, it just bounces up!

Elbereth
February 7th, 2009, 03:30 AM
I'll join.

I think I am currently about halfway between waist and hip. When my hair is is wet, the ends tickle my butt, but when it is dry, it shrinks some. My original goal, back when I started growing my hair peach fuzz was BSL, because it felt "long" and because I thought my hair might not grow longer than that. I don't exactly remember when my goal changed to tailbone, but it has been that for many years. And here I am, Goal being my next milestone!

Another struggle for me is that my ends are very thin. I have promised myself that once I reach tailbone, I will stop there for indefinite time. Right now, I trim minimally. I want to get to Goal as soon as possible.

Ranee
February 7th, 2009, 08:56 AM
I'm right at waist and heading for hip this year. Final destination: tailbone!

~GypsyCurls~
February 7th, 2009, 09:10 AM
I'm right at waist, now. However, I don't have an even hemline so a lot of my hair is not yet waist length yet. I will be growing to hip from this, though. It's been that long before, when i was younger so hopefully at the end of this year I will be there!

Sashay
February 7th, 2009, 11:06 AM
I'll grow with you Squiggyflop. The tips of my hair are just barely waist length when dry. I'm not doing any trims (except SnD) so I'm hoping to grow quickly :)

And your hair is beautiful Squiggy. Your hair looks really thick and luxurious. The blunt hem looks great on you. My hair likes to fight with itself, it looks like all your hairs are in agreement about what they should be doing. ;)

squiggyflop
February 7th, 2009, 11:34 AM
I'll grow with you Squiggyflop. The tips of my hair are just barely waist length when dry. I'm not doing any trims (except SnD) so I'm hoping to grow quickly :)

And your hair is beautiful Squiggy. Your hair looks really thick and luxurious. The blunt hem looks great on you. My hair likes to fight with itself, it looks like all your hairs are in agreement about what they should be doing. ;)
thanks.. yeah well my hair usually argues with itself.. that day im pretty sure i combed it several times when it was wet.. if i do that it gets straighter.. but the ends are always flippy.. in that photo they are just all flipping to one side at the bottom..

hopefully your hair will grow fast without the trims i usually have to do.. (my hair splits easily.. probably because there is still bleach damage in my canopy)

unfortunatly my hairline doesnt stay blunt.. my underside grows twice as fast as my canopy so i always seem to develope the look of layers.. ugh its sooo annoying how my underside needs the roots hennaed weeks before the roots on top are even showing..

oh everyone.. im getting closer..
look!

http://i245.photobucket.com/albums/gg69/squiggyflop/hairjanuary.jpg
sorry no hands on hips i was trying to not call attention to myself as i took the picture in the middle of class..

Sashay
February 7th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Looking good! You've made some good progress. I hope I can keep up with you.

And your hair looks awfully well behaved in that picture.

Coriander
February 7th, 2009, 04:55 PM
I'll join - my hair is just just at tippy top of hip bones, but that's just the longest strands.

My final goal is tailbone or ? but I'd love to have the majority at hip-length soon. :D

susiemw
February 8th, 2009, 06:06 PM
squiggy, your hair is gorgeous!!

mine is just a tad longer than waist...I'm looking forward to it
hitting hip length.

exactly how/where is hip length measured?

autumnsakura
February 8th, 2009, 07:07 PM
I'll come too!
I think I have about another ~3" to hip. Hopefully I'll be there by summer '09.
I seem to be long-waisted, because my hair is around 33" now, and it's still solidly waist. I've long passed my original goal length, but, alas, it still seems *too short*.
I had an accidental major chop in September '08, and it took about a year to get to where I was. I haven't cut at all since then, but I will probably do a minor trim (1/2"?) soon, just to even it up a bit.

squiggyflop
February 8th, 2009, 07:33 PM
Looking good! You've made some good progress. I hope I can keep up with you.

And your hair looks awfully well behaved in that picture.
thanks..well i only take pictures on good hair days.. hehe..;)

squiggy, your hair is gorgeous!!

mine is just a tad longer than waist...I'm looking forward to it
hitting hip length.

exactly how/where is hip length measured?
thanks! hip is the top of where your hip bones start..

sissadawn
February 9th, 2009, 12:28 PM
:pCount me in! I'm lost somewhere between waist and tailbone, lol.

twilight
February 9th, 2009, 12:34 PM
i'm in! i just hit waist too, and i'm headed to hip/buttcrack/whatever-nether-region :)

i'll probably have to cut an inch or two of icky ends between here and there, but i don't plan to do shorter than waist (ever?) again!

squiggyflop you have really pretty hair, btw.

Sashay
February 9th, 2009, 08:45 PM
Here's my current length.

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp124/InvokerSashay/Me/th_2009_02080023a.jpg (http://s404.photobucket.com/albums/pp124/InvokerSashay/Me/?action=view&current=2009_02080023a.jpg)

I should've straightened my pants for a better reference, and I swear I'm wearing a top!

Coriander
February 9th, 2009, 09:32 PM
Here's my current length.

http://i404.photobucket.com/albums/pp124/InvokerSashay/Me/th_2009_02080023a.jpg (http://s404.photobucket.com/albums/pp124/InvokerSashay/Me/?action=view&current=2009_02080023a.jpg)

I should've straightened my pants for a better reference, and I swear I'm wearing a top!

I was gonna say, wow, she's got b*lls for taking a pic like that :D

I love your hair. Love, love, love it. Absolutely gorgeous.

Sashay
February 9th, 2009, 10:01 PM
Thank you Coriander! I can't wait till it gets long ;)

Heidi_234
February 10th, 2009, 01:49 AM
I've got to agree, Sashay your hair looks amazing, made me want to reach out and touch it!
I did a length shot too -
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1927&pictureid=31401
Pink stripe is waist, and there's a black stripe near my hand which indicates the hips.

Aditi
February 10th, 2009, 02:10 AM
Humm i would like to grow with you but first i have to reach to waist myself. Will you wait for me till then? ;) :D

CaraLynn
February 13th, 2009, 07:59 AM
*sigh* such pretty hairs!

I'll join you all in July...maybe sooner! My hair's been growing pretty fast lately, closer to 2 inches a month instead of one.

Ashley
February 13th, 2009, 08:01 AM
I'm somewhere in between too! I haven't taken any pictures in ages, I should though. *And* I should definitely trim some time too, the ends aren't as well kept anymore.

Happy growing everyone :D Teehee.

vamq
February 13th, 2009, 04:08 PM
Count me in!
I'm still somewhere at waist, all because I've been having a lot of stress lately. And stress+me=no hairgrow at all:(
But..it could've been worse. The last time I had a lot of stress, I was shedding like crazy, and I haven't seen that so far..:)

My current length
(don't mind the red skin on my back. I've been having some skin problems..)
http://www.members.lycos.nl/criminalplaza/Map2/3%20februari%202009.JPG

And Sashay, you have such beautiful hair:)

twilight
February 13th, 2009, 04:37 PM
weee! i finally took a couple of length pics, so long overdue. i am about 2 inches past waist, though it's hard to tell these days since my waist is about 40 inches around! haha.

don't mind the fried ends... i'm holding out for a few more inches before i trim...

http://i43.photobucket.com/albums/e382/twilight39/hair/hair2feb09.jpg

Coriander
February 13th, 2009, 07:56 PM
Twilight, you are a beautifully pregnant woman. Radiant!

I wonder if we need to add "baby bump length" to that crazy list of lengths we have somewhere? :D

Vamq, I almost fell over at the shine radiating from your hair!

Heidi 234, lovely lovely hair.

Heidi_234
February 14th, 2009, 12:59 AM
Thank you Coriander, you are very kind :flowers:

Sashay
February 14th, 2009, 01:50 AM
Thank you everyone! My hair is blushing!

Heidi 234, love the curls, love the color, beautiful hair.

Vamq, I love your hair too. Your waves almost match mine. We both have more wiggle in the middle. That's a lovely color too.

Your waist looks so slim from behind Twilight. I can't believe how pregnant you are in the next shot. Your hair looks gorgeous in the sun. It's funny how your tattoo is totally lost in the sun glare.

And congratulations to everyone on their growth!

FB
February 14th, 2009, 10:03 AM
Your hair is beautiful and I love your U-shape. I am a 1/2 inch away from hip and I am going to my waist and then maybe my tailbone. So I am all about growing with you and chering you on as we go.

Fairlight63
February 14th, 2009, 10:20 AM
WOW! You all have such beautiful hair!

twilight
February 16th, 2009, 02:59 PM
Twilight, you are a beautifully pregnant woman. Radiant!

I wonder if we need to add "baby bump length" to that crazy list of lengths we have somewhere? :D

*blush* thanks! i'm having fun with it for sure :)

Thank you everyone! My hair is blushing!
Your waist looks so slim from behind Twilight. I can't believe how pregnant you are in the next shot. Your hair looks gorgeous in the sun. It's funny how your tattoo is totally lost in the sun glare.

haha my waist is totally gone, but thank you! i have good-sized hips so i think it just looks small in comparison :lol:. also the tattoo is on my other arm--the mirror pic played a trick with us. i was confused for a second too! i am LOVING the henna-in-the-sun copper myself.

may1em
February 20th, 2009, 06:04 PM
Hey fellow waist-to-hip people!

Everyone's hair pictures look gorgeous! Sadly, I've had a really hard time getting a good length shot since I moved - my old bathroom mirror was perfect. New bathroom mirror is only good for shoulders up, and I stupidly mounted my whole-body mirror about half a foot too low. No good light there, anyway.

Anyway, my ends are still sad. It's been about seven weeks since my last trim, where I took off about two inches. I'm getting a lot better at Feye's method.

Tonight I did some much-needed S&Ding. Some of the splits were pretty scary, and I'm sure I missed most of them. The last six inches is in noticeably worse condition than the rest, so I'm hoping that a little more care will help them out until it's longer, so I can trim another two inches without going any shorter than waist. Maybe I'll try the lunar calendar stuff, just to see.

After S&Ding, I coated the ends with some of the Fox's Shea Cream that I made a few days ago (love!!!), and it drank it right up. I guess I have to do more protective styles.

Good luck everybody!

happymommy
February 20th, 2009, 08:04 PM
Al. most. there! I've got a half inch till waist and then I am sooo joining! Hip is my goal length :) I'll see all y'all here in two weeks!

Sashay
April 28th, 2009, 10:26 AM
I finally have one curl that reaches all the way to hip, now the rest just has to catch up!

Heidi_234
April 28th, 2009, 10:43 AM
I decided to trim about 2/3" from my bottom layer (which was almost hip curly), so now I'm set back to hip stretched at my long yet thinning bottom layer. The bulk of my hair is inch to waist when curly.
:justy:

swanns
April 28th, 2009, 02:04 PM
Glad to find this thread!

This is my hair a few days ago:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=1047&pictureid=37727

It is definitely tailbone length, technically at least (when I put my hand at the very ends it's at the same level with my tailbone), but it doesn't look quite hip length to me yet. Been past waist for I guess almost a year now, I only realised a few days ago I must have trimmed at least 4 inches (and that's a lot for me) in the last year or so!

Jessica Trapp
April 28th, 2009, 03:48 PM
Happy Growing!

RavennaNight
April 28th, 2009, 06:01 PM
Joining the waist to hip camp. I am at waist now, exactly, and am close to hip when sopping wet in the shower. I am growing with you!

Jules diamond
April 28th, 2009, 11:33 PM
Hi everyone! Wish I could join you guys growing, but alas I'm still a bit short. As soon as I graduate from the APL to BSL camp and the BSL to waist one, I'll be right there with you. But for now I'm cheering you guys on!

Aditi
April 29th, 2009, 12:30 AM
Yay!!!! I finally reached waist length :joy:. So now can i join this club?

ladystar
April 29th, 2009, 01:35 AM
I think I am a little past waist! I think I can join also! YAY!!!

Milui Elenath
April 29th, 2009, 04:00 AM
Count me in please! I don't know that I'll ever make hip as I've been growing a long time and seem to have been at waist forever but then I have cut every so often and never attempted hip.

HildeMV
April 29th, 2009, 04:58 AM
Waist to hip feels like it's taking forever. It's a little longer now that it it is in my picture. Tb is when I feel like it's really long. Now it's just....long.

Yeesha
April 29th, 2009, 05:08 AM
I want to join too, please. :D

With dry hair I am at "can I call this waist?", wet its definitly waist, therefore I call it waist. :) It's about 32" long (79-80cm).

Happy growing, everyone! :D

vamq
April 29th, 2009, 05:24 AM
I'm back at 1,5 inch below waist, because I had a haircut last week.
But it's ok, because my hemline is much fuller now:)

So, I'm still reaching for hiplength..

HildeMV
April 29th, 2009, 05:34 AM
So what is hip length really? When does it stop being "a little beyond waist" and start being hip?

Heidi_234
April 29th, 2009, 05:48 AM
So what is hip length really? When does it stop being "a little beyond waist" and start being hip?
It's on the same level as the top of your hip bones. Few inches down to waist, not as big of a difference as BSL/waist, but still a notable milestone to concur.

almudena
April 29th, 2009, 07:23 AM
During the last 4 months I've been in the process of getting rid of a V shape. Now that the U shape is back, my hair is ready to continue its way towards hip length.
So please, let me in :D

AnneAdeline
April 29th, 2009, 05:13 PM
Hello, all! Just last month I finally reached waist (pause for victory dance: :cheese:) and now I'm moving to hip. I figure I might be to hip by the end of summer/early fall if I don't trim too much. I'm quite short, so hip is about 2.5" away from waist.
Gorgeous hair, everyone!

Annushka
April 29th, 2009, 08:34 PM
I guess I'm officially at hip?
Since I haven't had a trim in about a year, this Saturday I'm going to self-trim for the first time ever. Just a half inch, although one inch might be okay. I'm a bit nervous about it, but my ends really need a bit of a freshing-up.
But after that, no more trims until tailbone!!
http://i496.photobucket.com/albums/rr326/Porkala/4409_2.jpg

Johanna
May 1st, 2009, 02:48 AM
I'm With you, I'm currently at bellybutton length. I'm aiming for tbl but I'm thinking that I want to get longer. I've always had this desire to be able to wrap the tail of my braid all the way around my neck and over my shoulder :)

dorothea-brooke
May 4th, 2009, 01:17 PM
Hi there -- can I join? :waving:

I just "officially" reached waist with my most recent measurement (the siggy pic is a few months old), so I'm ready to continue on to hip now. :cheese:

Hope you let me come to play. :)

Sashay
May 4th, 2009, 01:34 PM
Gratz on hip length Annushka!

And welcome to the growing party everyone else!

jahof45
May 4th, 2009, 01:41 PM
I would like to join. I have a just couple more inches to get to waist. My hair is 32" but because of my height is still between BSL and waist. Can I join anyway?

HildeMV
May 4th, 2009, 03:33 PM
I've updated my avatar that I've had since February.

A little progress maybe?
http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s14/HildeMari/progress.jpg

It's on the same level as the top of your hip bones. Few inches down to waist, not as big of a difference as BSL/waist, but still a notable milestone to concur.Ok, so I've probably got a bit to go then.

jahof45
May 7th, 2009, 12:57 PM
well i ran a search and i couldnt find a thread that matched.. ive now got waist length hair (and this time im not chopping it back to bsl) so im almost hip when wet but my waves keep me closer to waist when dry.. who else here wants to grow with me.. any other people going from waist to hip?
here is a pic.. my hair wasnt very wavy that day.. oh and ignore the orange lines they just show where i started at in august 2007 and where i would have been in dec 2008 if i hadnt trimmed so much.. oh and view the wonders of henna.. sometimes it can look brown like in the pic below and sometimes it can look flaming red depending on the light

ive still got like 3-4 inches until im hip when dry.. maybe 1-2 inches when sopping wet.

it took me so long to get to waist with blunt ends because my underside grows twice as fast as my canopy so it always looks like ive got layers if i dont trim..

Your hemline is so thick and healthy. Mine is becoming thin so I plan to do some dusting this year and next while I grow toward my waist. I'd love to have my hair as thick at the hemline as yours is in this photo.

xrosiex
May 7th, 2009, 04:17 PM
Well I guess I can fit in here now:cheese:. Next stop is hip.

lhangel9
May 9th, 2009, 11:22 AM
Your hair is absolutely beautiful!!! I love. Do tell, what is your regimne i.e. do you take any supps/vits? How much water do you drink, etc.....Just beautiful!

Xan
May 9th, 2009, 10:28 PM
looks great keep it up.

Cindi Eponabri
May 9th, 2009, 10:30 PM
I will grow with you. At least I hope I can. My hair hasn't grown any in the past two month. I'm 35 inches right now, which on me is between waist and tailbone.

My hair is also wavy and I just noticed that the ends of my hair has a reddish cast as well.

Cindi Eponabri
May 9th, 2009, 10:32 PM
I love the way you took your own picture!!

I'm here, I'm probably two inches to hip. But my shortest layers are just above BSL.....

Cindi Eponabri
May 9th, 2009, 10:35 PM
Yes! I thought waist was a good goal, but now I want hip, and then knee, and finally floor. When I die, I want there to be more hair then body...

Question for you all. I'm at my shoulder (a tiny bit pass) and my longer term goal is waist. But that most you are right around waist, when you started growing your hair did you find that you wanted waist and thought that that length was going to be a good one, but when you got there realized you wanted it longer?

lynnala
May 9th, 2009, 10:40 PM
I'm in too! TB/ hip is my next goal. Right now my point is at waist, and I'm planning on doing very teeny trims to it until the sides catch up a bit. So it will take me a little longer, but I'm sooooooo there!

irreverent
May 9th, 2009, 10:52 PM
I've been waiting forever to get past waist! I've got about 2 inches left to reach hip, so I'm in too!

enfys
May 10th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Well I decided I'm waist now (I tied a belt around my waist and the ends touched it)

I've never though of hip being a milestone before, but since tailbone it a hand span away I'm gunning for hip in the meantime!

3azza
May 10th, 2009, 11:54 AM
i'm in too, ut's been too years i've been trying to go far beyond waist but i end up waist again after trimming!

jahof45
May 11th, 2009, 11:45 AM
Did you all trim at waist to an even hem prior to continuing to hip? How long did it take to even your hem?

AnneAdeline
May 12th, 2009, 08:44 PM
I'm continuing to hip and have not trimmed to even my hem. I'm growing out layers, too. So it's not really even right now. I figure I'll either stop at hip to maintain or cut back to waist and grow out again.

jahof45
May 12th, 2009, 10:00 PM
I'm continuing to hip and have not trimmed to even my hem. I'm growing out layers, too. So it's not really even right now. I figure I'll either stop at hip to maintain or cut back to waist and grow out again.

Those are the two options I've been kicking around but growing to hip, cutting to waist and then maintaining at waist to get a nice straight, thick hem before growing back to hip.

lizzyjo
May 13th, 2009, 12:28 AM
I can finally join this thread! I hit waist a month or two ago, and since then I did a 1" trim to remove the longest layers. I have about two more inches of layers that I want to remove before I reach hip length.

Dolly
May 13th, 2009, 04:48 PM
I finally made it to waist length! YAY! Guess I can join the group now....I noticed that it was pretty much at waist when I rolled it and took a curly shot (my siggy), so I did a "natural" one today (avatar), and sure enough, it looks like I am solidly at waist!

jahof45
May 13th, 2009, 09:51 PM
Welcome Dolly, I love your hair and the color in the room you are photographed in is very beautiful as well.

Dolly
May 14th, 2009, 05:13 AM
Welcome Dolly, I love your hair and the color in the room you are photographed in is very beautiful as well.

THANK YOU! My hair color looks different whether I use a flash or not, and depending on which camera I use.....my hair is actually a little bit deeper red than is shown in the photo....I am just so excited to finally be at waist!

Tyu
May 14th, 2009, 09:15 AM
Joining in.

I have reverse layers (ie: undercutting), the longest part of my hair is probably just slightly above hip but is very thin. The shortest part is just below shoulders, not quite APL.

What I want to do is get most of my hair to hip and maintain it there until the ends are thicker, then continue on for as long as it will go. I've got a lot of damage on about the last six inches from constant flat ironing years ago, most of which is dark from permanent black dye. Trying to grow that crap out without cutting too much at a time.

jahof45
May 14th, 2009, 09:45 AM
Welcome Tyu, I don't think I'm familiar with reversed layers. hmm, and such a length difference. I'd love to see a photo.

Tyu
May 15th, 2009, 02:53 AM
Pictures.. hmm. This (http://rainbow-mouse.net/photo/hair/meback1.jpg) is the most recent picture I have, but I'm pretty sure that was taken just this past August before the butchering in September. The straight part of my hair is due to thermal straightening back at the beginning of 2006. It looks thin because it is, that's the part I do S&D on the most. Now imagine half of that missing. When I do a braid, the end is like the width of a piece of yarn >_> But that's basically what it looks like.

jahof45
May 15th, 2009, 12:37 PM
Pictures.. hmm. This (http://rainbow-mouse.net/photo/hair/meback1.jpg) is the most recent picture I have, but I'm pretty sure that was taken just this past August before the butchering in September. The straight part of my hair is due to thermal straightening back at the beginning of 2006. It looks thin because it is, that's the part I do S&D on the most. Now imagine half of that missing. When I do a braid, the end is like the width of a piece of yarn >_> But that's basically what it looks like.

Your hair is so pretty, in spite of the straightening. Your cat is gorgeous too! Thanks for sharing the photo. Now I understand.

Tyu
May 16th, 2009, 08:46 AM
Thanks ^_^ I think my hair looks like crap in that photo, but then the camera is old, so it could be part of the culprit.

My cat would thank you for the compliment as well if she could talk :P

walterSCAN
March 5th, 2010, 11:09 AM
I'm finally back to waist now, and working toward hip!!

::wants to join the club::

Oskimosa
March 5th, 2010, 03:02 PM
Yaaaay!! I'm finally here! I think this is the longest my hair has been since early childhood, and now being around so much longer hair it doesn't even feel long :p :cheese: Need to update my siggy pic but YAY!

ravensinger13
March 17th, 2010, 11:37 AM
*Me too, I wanna play* I'm finally back at waist after about four years, give or take. Soon I'll be at the "longest it's ever been" point somewhere around hip, and I can't wait :P

Ravenwaves 88
March 17th, 2010, 03:46 PM
What do you all consider hip? I would like to join but the top of the hip is practically waist on me. If hip can be like where I wear my jeans then I can join around July/August. Any advice on this?

chopandchange
March 17th, 2010, 03:49 PM
What do you all consider hip?

I'd like to know as well.

Is it the top of the hipbone or the bottom?

myotislucifugus
March 18th, 2010, 06:41 AM
I'd like to know as well.

Is it the top of the hipbone or the bottom?

I'm gonna say where there is the greatest swell. The bottom of the hip bone is past tailbone, anatomically speaking, I just consider where my underwear band hits

missmandy
May 23rd, 2010, 08:01 PM
Hey all! I'm joining you!!!

http://i919.photobucket.com/albums/ad33/missmandymouse/th_0523002139.jpg (http://s919.photobucket.com/albums/ad33/missmandymouse/?action=view&current=0523002139.jpg) (clickable)

This is my hair today, at 28.6". Sorry about the bad quality, my camera wasn't working today.

I'm thinking hip is about 34" on me, give or take.

illumina
May 24th, 2010, 12:05 AM
Hey there, I'm already on the waist to tailbone thread but this is great for an intermediate goal! :) My few longest strands are almost at hip but I don't think I'll count myself as hip until it looks like it's hip (i.e. not just the straggly tippy-tips are there). I'm mostly at waist and I reckon I've got a couple of inches to go to be at hip... not a great deal. I'm hoping that summer brings on a growth spurt.

xoxophelia
July 10th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I'm finally here :)

My long term goal is to grow to TB but I like to take things in small chunks. Come September I will stop my power growing and start regular trims.

Dark40
July 11th, 2010, 04:59 PM
squiggyflop,

You have the most gorgeous hair I have ever seen! What is your regimen?

jane53
July 11th, 2010, 05:01 PM
Did you all trim at waist to an even hem prior to continuing to hip? How long did it take to even your hem?

Nope. I've always trimmed my hair regularly.

jane53
July 11th, 2010, 05:04 PM
I think I have hip length. I know it's past waist length and it's not quite tailbone length.

squiggyflop
July 13th, 2010, 06:45 PM
squiggyflop,

You have the most gorgeous hair I have ever seen! What is your regimen?
thanks!
um well i eat a lot of protein.. i use a wood bristle brush when my hair is dry and a shower detangler when my hair is wet.. i use cones and diluted clarifying shampoo.. i almost never use a blow dryer. i henna my hair. sometimes i oil my hair right before washing if i want to wear my hair down.. i wear my hair up out of lazyness most of the time (beebutt scrunchybun).. um yeah that about covers it..

oh and i trim probably more than anyone else on this site but my growth rate makes up for it..

i was surprised to see this post as ive graduated from this thread and am now in tailbone to classic with 5 inches left until im at classic..

Mariah!!
July 13th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Oooh! Love this length! I just trimmed my hair down to 29 inches today, but my hair lady said that it will only take a year for me to get to my hips. It only took me 2 years to get from APL to here with only 2 trims. So my hair is just like 2 or so inches shorter than it was, but I still consider myself waist!! (It's like 2 inches shorter than my profile picture- and I usually wear it straight, not curly so it looks about the same I guess.) I'll join!!

wackyredtangles
July 31st, 2010, 08:21 AM
I've been just about at waist for nearly a year now. I'm having trouble keeping my ends healthy enough to please me, and now that I can put my hair in lots of cool updos I'm far more discerning.

I just had 1.5" cut off a few days ago, and the hairdresser did say I have very nice and healthy hair. I think I might stop at hips, so I'm no particular hurry to get there. My hair is up most days with the ends tucked in, but I probably need to do different kinds of updos so the strain isn't always on one particular part.

Good luck to everyone else!

Jennie80
August 2nd, 2010, 02:17 AM
Hi everyone:D
I just measured my hair last night and I´m at waist. 78cm= 30.7inches. I have a long upperbody..:(
I just started to grow my hair long a year ago. I cut it off to about a little bit above BSL. So my hair has come a long way from black to blonde. Were do you measure the hips?? The hipbone??
I so happy that my hair has grown this far. I did`n think it could. I from Sweden so my writing in english is not that good:rolleyes:

constantki
August 2nd, 2010, 05:40 AM
I think I fall under this category, but I'm not sure where hip is?

Medievalmaniac
August 2nd, 2010, 05:52 AM
Squiggy - your hair looks phenomenal. AMAZING thickness, and a gorgeous hemmie!!!

luxepiggy
August 2nd, 2010, 07:15 AM
Hello all! Can piggy join this group as a repeat / perpetual member? (^(oo)^)v

I always let my hair grow to just a little past hip length, at which point I cut it to waist length. Eventually it grows out again, I cut it again, on and on in a perpetual cycle that keeps my hair always somewhere between waist & hip length (OK, sometimes to TB when I get lazy :roll:)

This photo's from a couple of weeks ago: this little piggy needs a haircut!~

http://i239.photobucket.com/albums/ff33/shoppingpiglet/hair.jpg

lesbia
September 5th, 2010, 02:31 AM
I reached waist and now...here I am :) waiting for hip :D

MsBubbles
September 5th, 2010, 07:25 AM
Same here, Lesbia. I joined the waist-to-tailbone thread but don't really have tailbone as my goal. It's hip. So this thread is more suitable for me. I don't expect to graduate here anytime soon :-)

Carolyn
September 5th, 2010, 10:55 AM
I'm joining this thread :D I'm in the waist to tailbone one but my next goal is hip length. I'm trimming more often so I might be in this range for a while. I'm an inch past waist now. Waist is 33 on me.

SgtMomArmy
September 5th, 2010, 12:42 PM
I am at waist wet, but am staying in that thread until I can call it dry. So I should be here soon :) I have a silly question. Where are you calling hip? I am really short waisted and there is less than 3" from under my last rib to the top of my hip bone. Where I measure my hips at their largest point is past TBL. I am confused.

MsBubbles
September 5th, 2010, 05:13 PM
I have a silly question. Where are you calling hip? .

I have a silly answer: I have absolutely no idea!? :) There was a big discussion on where tailbone was, over on the waist to tailbone thread, and I think there was also a similar discussion about hip. I'm really confused about hip but as far as my own goals and desires are concerned, I take hip on me to mean the outer-most protruding expanse after waist, which on me is about 3" above butt-crack-length, and a good 5" below my really high waist.

I don't have one of those lovely female figures with the heart-shaped bum. I'm more like a Spongebob Square-Butt. So taking my outermost hip-bone point comes before butt-crack length on me. On some people, tailbone might be above the widest hip point on them, so I can see how they'd get confused.

There's a chart around here somewhere, with the milestones marked.

Carolyn
September 5th, 2010, 07:14 PM
When home ec was required in junior high and high school, we learned to measure ourselves at those points. Yes I realize I'm dating myself here :D If you sew and use commercial patterns you have to measure yourself at certain landmark spots. I never realized anyone would need to question where waist and hip was. We all vary so it's a personal measurement for each one of us. I feel like I'm an odd one because what I call bsl is was below mbl. Hip on me is 3" below waist and tailbone (I call tbl the top of butt cheek) is 4" below hip. If you don't know where it is on you, I would say pick a spot and use it each time as a measuring point.

luxepiggy
September 5th, 2010, 07:35 PM
I always viewed hip via the fashion/shopping definition - whatever point of the body below the waist that has the largest circumference (^(oo)^)

Kaijah
September 5th, 2010, 08:33 PM
I've always thought hip was the top of your pelvis/hip bones. And I saved this hair chart picture to my Photobucket manymanymany moons ago... it seems pretty accurate to me. /shrug

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/Kiya_Shiranai/hairchart.jpg

ScarlettAdelle
September 5th, 2010, 08:51 PM
I'm in! When my hair's wet it's almost to tailbone length, but when it dries, it shrinks up to what I consider about waist length with a few inches "whispies" as I call them. I believe they're referred to as "fairy tale ends." So I consider my hair waist length. To speed up the process, I'm starting my biotin regimen tomorrow! Excited? Yes, I am!

Spring
September 6th, 2010, 03:01 PM
great thread!

SgtMomArmy
September 6th, 2010, 07:42 PM
Thanks for the responses. I am going to choose the top of my mid-rise jeans to call hip. I want a goal to breakup my journey to TBL. :)

Henrietta
September 7th, 2010, 07:51 AM
I'm in! When my hair's wet it's almost to tailbone length, but when it dries, it shrinks up to what I consider about waist length with a few inches "whispies" as I call them. I believe they're referred to as "fairy tale ends." So I consider my hair waist length. To speed up the process, I'm starting my biotin regimen tomorrow! Excited? Yes, I am!

We're waiting for the biotin report;)

Schipperchow
September 8th, 2010, 06:09 AM
I'd like to join. I am growing to tailbone stretched but have to reach HL first!

HHG :)

Henrietta
September 10th, 2010, 02:54 PM
I'd like to join. I am growing to tailbone stretched but have to reach HL first!

HHG :)

I don't officially belong to this thread, but I am glad so welcome you abroad. Happy growing! :)

HuggyBear
September 10th, 2010, 02:56 PM
Three more inches to hip, then on to TBL. :cheese:

PineappleJello
September 10th, 2010, 10:10 PM
Once I get a camera I'll have to take a pic and put it up. It feels like I'm almost at hip, but when I glance in the mirror it looks so much shorter.

Henrietta
September 12th, 2010, 12:06 PM
Once I get a camera I'll have to take a pic and put it up. It feels like I'm almost at hip, but when I glance in the mirror it looks so much shorter.

...Because mirror always lies. Mine one shows that my hair is longer than it really is, but... Yeah...
We cannot wait pics. Maybe you'd discover you actually are at hip?:)

Kristin
September 12th, 2010, 02:02 PM
I'm here now. I have about 2" until I hit the tops of my hip bones, but about 3" to the top of my low-rise jeans. I had great summer growth and I'm hoping that continues for another month or two. Guessing I'll be hip sometime in spring 2011, depending on which marker I use.

restourceful
September 12th, 2010, 02:24 PM
Count me in. I'm just below waist now. I'm not sure yet how long I want to grow my hair. How can I know before I get there? :silly:

Henrietta
September 12th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Count me in. I'm just below waist now. I'm not sure yet how long I want to grow my hair. How can I know before I get there? :silly:

Oh, it's addictive, you know. Maybe you would consider stop growing when you'll be past floor;)

Carolyn
September 12th, 2010, 04:37 PM
Count me in. I'm just below waist now. I'm not sure yet how long I want to grow my hair. How can I know before I get there? :silly:Exactly! You'll know. I've trimmed and am regrowing now.

janeytilllie
September 13th, 2010, 07:27 AM
I think I will reach hip wavey by the end of decemeber. However I'm finding this part of my hair journey difficult. My ends are starting to fairytale and my hair knots, breaks and is more fragile at this length.

I have just had a trim to thicken my hemline and I'm hoping this helps controls the ends.

Henrietta
September 13th, 2010, 10:32 AM
I think I will reach hip wavey by the end of decemeber. However I'm finding this part of my hair journey difficult. My ends are starting to fairytale and my hair knots, breaks and is more fragile at this length.

I have just had a trim to thicken my hemline and I'm hoping this helps controls the ends.

How much did you trim?:) For me even a half an inch can make a difference. The ends stop behaving like a Velcro;)

janeytilllie
September 13th, 2010, 11:29 AM
How much did you trim?:) For me even a half an inch can make a difference. The ends stop behaving like a Velcro;)

I mircotrimmed alittle of the ends so I'd say less than 1/2 inch.

My ends feel abit better but my hemline is starting to fairytale again. I think I will trim an inch off when I hit hip or TBL to help the hemline :)

HikerTrash
September 13th, 2010, 11:30 AM
Hmm. I thought I was waist length but there was another thread defining waist was much higher up than I thought so I guess I belong here instead! Unless I don't know what hip is.

Bene
September 13th, 2010, 11:32 AM
I'm about 4 inches from butt crack length. So, roughly the "Can I call this hip length?" area.

Shiloh
September 13th, 2010, 02:27 PM
Such pretty hair!
I'm looking to grow till hip as well. :sun:

ritza
September 14th, 2010, 03:32 PM
Trying to get past butt-length lol.....

Happy Hair Growing!

http://hosted.pikistrips.com/comic_strip/s/image/34/753/288/comic-p.jpg (http://www.pikistrips.com/clicked/34753288)

MsBubbles
September 15th, 2010, 06:43 PM
Just wanted to post something here so that I could get used to having waist-to-hip length hair! I don't really quite believe it yet. I trimmed/dusted today. I actually need to do some regular s&d on the back/ends of my hair because that's looking rather trashed. I want to avoid a 3" damage chop. I sometimes wonder what my hemline would look like if I cut back 3", but I'm not willing to do that :p.

Gwendolene
December 6th, 2010, 01:49 AM
I've always thought hip was the top of your pelvis/hip bones. And I saved this hair chart picture to my Photobucket manymanymany moons ago... it seems pretty accurate to me. /shrug

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v367/Kiya_Shiranai/hairchart.jpg

Thank you Kaijah!! That's an excellent chart! May I use it in my signature as an update on my progress?

ETA: I am 60" tall with approximately 32" hair length... According to that chart I should be past classic! I must have a super long torso...

spoonshine
December 7th, 2010, 12:40 PM
I'm technically past waist and getting close to hip but it sure doesn't feel like it with my fairytale ends. I'm thinking that when I'm technically at tbl I'll feel like I'm at waist or hip.

Nice to see the chart. Are mid-thigh length and fingertip length one in the same?

lapushka
January 7th, 2011, 09:07 AM
Joining! :cheer:

I was BSL (wet) at around Christmas last year. I'm now slowly continuing my journey towards hip length. There's some damage to trim off, so I might linger at WL for a while. I might not. Not sure about that yet.

MsBubbles
February 1st, 2011, 09:10 PM
I have wandered back into this thread again. I just don't see myself in the waist-to-tailbone group yet. Tailbone is too far off, and I was thinking of drawing the line at hip, if I ever get there. I mean, I have a long time to go before I have even just waist length hair all my own color.

So for those with hip as ultimate length goal...how far off are you?

xoxophelia
February 1st, 2011, 10:49 PM
Joining! :cheer:

I was BSL (wet) at around Christmas last year. I'm now slowly continuing my journey towards hip length. There's some damage to trim off, so I might linger at WL for a while. I might not. Not sure about that yet.

I have been lingering around waist trimming since about August and I can tell you that it becomes frustrating not seeing progress in length. That being said, my hemline is getting fuller and more even as I continue to trim off the V and damage from dye/heat.

My goal is hip by the end of the year that I ball parked is 35" on me. If that is slightly above that is fine I just want to be to 35" which limits how much I can trim fairly significantly.

I also go back and forth a little if I should just maintain to trim off more of the damage for the rest of the year. But I know if I do that, I won't be to TB for another three years. My DBF convinced me to wait until June to decide. I plan one .5" trim again on May 1st.

HintOfMint
February 1st, 2011, 11:48 PM
Hey all, joining this thread. At first I thought about growing to tailbone, but I think I will stick with hip, and maintain there.

Hip measures at the exact spot at the small of my back which is where I've always wanted my hair to be. If I tie a one-inch belt around my waist, I'm about an inch past that, so hopefully I'll hit hip soon.

I haven't measured but it seems to be about 3 inches away. I'm not putting a goal time on it because it will get there when it gets there. Also, when I factor in trims, it may take me longer than whatever I estimate.

Avital88
February 2nd, 2011, 02:06 AM
I think its so hard to tell if im at hip or not, I never know where my hair should fall exactly.. How many inches past waist is it usually?

Avital88
February 2nd, 2011, 02:18 AM
I just saw the hair chart picture which is really helpfull, but my hair at the back is longer then if i wear it on the front :s
So its hard to tell, i think i will need at least another inch to be at hip..

julliams
February 2nd, 2011, 04:46 AM
I am 60" tall with approximately 32" hair length... According to that chart I should be past classic! I must have a super long torso...

But I'm guessing you measure your hair from your hairline at the front which means you have to add several inches to that figure since you are going over the top of your head. Is that right?

julliams
February 2nd, 2011, 04:48 AM
I'm so glad to have found this thread. I saw one for waist to tailbone but I wasn't thinking of growing quite that long. I'm thinking of getting to hip now and seeing if I like it. Besides, it gives me a new goal. I'll join here officially next month.

chicken
February 2nd, 2011, 05:04 AM
I think I can join here - I'm at wast (32 inches) now. Fortunately, my hip is not far away... two inches I think... That'll mean, in summer I'm at hip? Can't wait until then...

veganstein
February 2nd, 2011, 07:58 AM
I'd like to join this. I am currently at 33", just past waist. I am trying to be patient!

MsBubbles
February 2nd, 2011, 03:23 PM
My goal is hip by the end of the year that I ball parked is 35" on me. If that is slightly above that is fine I just want to be to 35"

That's about the same measurement and timeline as me. But yeah...we'll see how the ends hold up, or not! It's frustrating but I agree with you about trimming off damage as we go.

I'm so glad to have found this thread. I saw one for waist to tailbone but I wasn't thinking of growing quite that long. .

Right. That was my feeling, too.

Yay! It's good to have some company here.

McFearless
February 2nd, 2011, 07:47 PM
V shaped hemline with longest pieces at waist. I shall be here a long while. :( :)

julliams
February 2nd, 2011, 08:03 PM
V shaped hemline with longest pieces at waist. I shall be here a long while. :( :)

This is exactly where I am at.

xoxophelia
February 4th, 2011, 12:20 PM
That's about the same measurement and timeline as me. But yeah...we'll see how the ends hold up, or not! It's frustrating but I agree with you about trimming off damage as we go

Oh cool! I am glad somebody else is at the same "starting point" and mini end goal time frame as myself. You are also cutting off old dye damage like myself right?

One thing I have found to be a bit helpful if you aren't doing so already is putting very dilute ACV into a bowl of water while in the shower and then soaking only my ends in it. At this point if I want to wear my hair down I really have to do that once a week to avoid excessive trimming to get to 35". I don't even get many split ends the bottom 2" just become very tacky.

MsBubbles
February 4th, 2011, 02:30 PM
I must confess, xoxophelia, I have never dared try the whole ACV thing. I have very greasy hair and just envision it making it worse. What does the ACV do for your ends?

Also I hardly ever do an ends-wash, usually just scalp washes. I used to do the catnip thing but I could never do without conditioner if I washed my ends, so I concluded I wasn't doing much good with the catnip if I was just conditioning it anyway.

We do have the same starting points & goals :). And yes I am growing out the brassy ends! Can't grow those out quick enough!

xoxophelia
February 4th, 2011, 02:44 PM
I must confess, xoxophelia, I have never dared try the whole ACV thing. I have very greasy hair and just envision it making it worse. What does the ACV do for your ends?

Also I hardly ever do an ends-wash, usually just scalp washes. I used to do the catnip thing but I could never do without conditioner if I washed my ends, so I concluded I wasn't doing much good with the catnip if I was just conditioning it anyway.

We do have the same starting points & goals :). And yes I am growing out the brassy ends! Can't grow those out quick enough!

My hair is getting more and more red in the sun so i know what you mean. At this point the faded dye parts shine RED.

As far as the ACV goes I put maybe half a TBSP in what I would guess is about 2 cups of water. It looks light amber anyways. Then I stick only the bottom 4" in after normal poo/co. Personally I do a quick rinse after. When my ends start to stick together and tangle this solves that. I can run my fingers from root to tip without ever getting snags right after doing this.

DiablitaNoir
February 6th, 2011, 01:04 PM
I just found out today that my hair is almost hip length! In October or November I officially reached waist and in a few more months I should reach hip...then on to tailbone. :cheese:

tinti
February 6th, 2011, 02:17 PM
I also reached waist in October/november and I'm waiting impatiently to reach hip ;p

julliams
February 21st, 2011, 03:16 AM
I'm at 29" unstretched which puts me just at waist. I'm looking at growing to hip now which I estimate is another 4 - 5 inches away. I'm thinking it will take 7 - 9 months to reach if I were not to trim, however I am planning to trim every 4 - 6 months so it might take another year.

Avital88
February 21st, 2011, 03:36 AM
Aaargh i already had 2 trims this year, i reached waist end of september/october so i should be at hip already.
But my ends were so tangly and thin i just had to take off the 2 inch,one in januari and one last week.
Right now i need 2inch to be at hip.. I need to take good care of my ends then i hope i will reach fully hip before my birthday in May.
Summer will be much easier because i always get a grow spurt then yoehoeeee Hip here i come

Avital88
February 21st, 2011, 03:43 AM
I also have to say that im aiming for a blunt hemline, i went from a V to a U this year and very glad about that.
If i want it blunt right now i should take of another 2 inches,but i'm planning on doing that in a salon in Fall when my hair is longer,so i'll stick at hip for a long time :) but hopefully with the best ends i ever had at a long lenght

Cupofmilk
February 21st, 2011, 05:55 AM
I am sure I am very near hip. The longest bit of my hair is the front beacuse this is the straightest. It reaches two inches below my tummy button. I am hoping to see progress from December when I do my March measure and pictures. But I also had to cut in December. I am aiming for fairytale ends so I am not so worried about trimming.

Avital88 - your hair always looks great. I would wait until fall for that trim - because you will be past hip by then. Do I remember correctly that your hair grows really fast?

Kherome
February 21st, 2011, 08:34 AM
I'm in the Waist to TBL thread, but I guess I could linger here too. I'm not sure I'll reach TBL by December like I'm hoping but we'll see!

Tikwichka
February 21st, 2011, 12:05 PM
I'm at waist length. Recently cut 2 inches of nasty ends off, and cut it blunt while I was at it. I'm hoping to reach TBL by the end of the year.
I have wavy/curly hair, so my length looks a little less than it is :(

LadyMydnytMoon
February 21st, 2011, 12:35 PM
I would like to join this thread too. Just reached barely reached waist and happy for it. :)

Jen123
February 21st, 2011, 12:52 PM
I'd like to join. I am pretty sure I am barely at waist now. Hopefully hip is in my cards this year.

HintOfMint
February 22nd, 2011, 09:44 PM
I'm about an inch from hip when my hair is straight! I'll be hovering here for quite some time though, until my layers catch up.

Vintagecoilylocks
February 22nd, 2011, 10:00 PM
I would like to ride along with this one. I have layers and my canopy is between BSL and waist. MY under layer is hip to tailbone.

Haven't decided whether I need to trim or if nature will even things out. Since I have two different types hair in those area's I am planning to have two different regimines this time to help the canopy along while careing for the under layer.

Hope this works this time.

Vintagecoilylocks
February 22nd, 2011, 10:02 PM
I'm about an inch from hip when my hair is straight! I'll be hovering here for quite some time though, until my layers catch up.

Will you be trimming the longer layer only awaiting the layers?.

HintOfMint
February 22nd, 2011, 10:19 PM
Will you be trimming the longer layer only awaiting the layers?.

Yes, barring any damage accumulating on the upper layers. If the shorter layers start to feel rough, I'll have those trimmed. Fortunately, I have a great hairdresser who understands that I'm growing out my layers, so he only dusts the shorter layers and doesn't take too much length off.

Theobroma
February 23rd, 2011, 03:59 AM
I'd like to join. My very ends are just at waist and I'm waiting to get to hip before I start doing microtrims to thicken them up.

Given that I'm unlikely to reach hip before the end of the year, I expect to be here for some time. :)

Yamainu
March 11th, 2011, 08:06 AM
What are everyone's favorite styles at this length? My old standby (nautilus) isn't working quite so well, and I'd like some inspiration!

nellreno
March 11th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Last month I was at two inches past waist, and an inch away from my hips. I had to trim back though. My ends were just terrible (I'm growing out a lot of damage). Now my ends are a bit more blunt and I have less layers to grow out. It was really the best decision for my hair but I can't wait til I get to hip!

anilov
March 11th, 2011, 09:51 AM
I'd like to join in here. I just reached waist. Not that I aimed for it, I just started growing my hair from APL when my youngest was born, since I did no longer have time to go to the hairdresser. But seeing that trims at home, a little bit of help from LHC and a little bit of tweaking my haircare routine got me this far, I thought it might be time to actually aim for a length. :)

But I feel I'm outgrowing some of my buns, so I'm starting to wonder if there are any styles that I might have grown into :hmm: . What are your favorite styles at waist?

Vintagecoilylocks
March 14th, 2011, 11:02 PM
I'd like to join in here. I just reached waist. Not that I aimed for it, I just started growing my hair from APL when my youngest was born, since I did no longer have time to go to the hairdresser. But seeing that trims at home, a little bit of help from LHC and a little bit of tweaking my haircare routine got me this far, I thought it might be time to actually aim for a length. :)

But I feel I'm outgrowing some of my buns, so I'm starting to wonder if there are any styles that I might have grown into :hmm: . What are your favorite styles at waist?

Braided buns are my staple. They don't require too much hardware to keep up. I don't like the feel of things in my hair.

MsBubbles
March 16th, 2011, 07:50 PM
I finally got my camera up and running again and when I posted some 6 month old photos I realized I must be close to, if not at hip, if you count the sticking-outest hip part. But I have weird hip bones. They stick out like pyramids and then the rest of my hip/butt area is really long :(. So although I might be at hip sooner, it probably doesn't mean much. I will have to take some photos and see.

I feel weird about it though. This is the first time I've ever had such long hair. 43 years old! I can see why people want to grow longer and longer. For me it just doesn't feel particularly magical yet. hah.

I think I might finally now see the allure of tailbone length. Because hip is really only just past waist for me.

Anilov: I'm not a bun aficionado but I have used the pretzel bun - secured with little claw clips to evenly distribute the weight - since BSL. It's one of those you can just keep wrapping and wrapping the longer your hair gets. But I am unadventurous when it comes to updos.

HintOfMint
March 16th, 2011, 08:06 PM
What are everyone's favorite styles at this length? My old standby (nautilus) isn't working quite so well, and I'd like some inspiration!

Figure 8 buns are just perfect for this length. They've been getting easier and easier since waist.

Avital88
March 17th, 2011, 02:27 AM
I wanted to say that im finally at hip, i have a pic in my album.
3 inches away from tailbone, and i hope to get there before summer.
I really love that i am at hip, its the longest my hair has ever been now i just want to thicken up my hemline, like a blunt U.

HintOfMint
April 3rd, 2011, 12:53 AM
How does everyone define hip? Is it the top of the hip bones in the front, in the back, or lower like where hip hugging jeans fall? I think I've hit hip, although I'm not sure.

jojo
April 3rd, 2011, 09:59 AM
I am just a smidgen past waist, with 4" until I reach hip, so hopefully November of this year.

MsBubbles
April 3rd, 2011, 10:11 AM
HintofMint, not sure. I think there's a delineated image around here somewhere though. Bah! Can't find it. I'm useless. Sorry! But they usually say the widest point after your waist. For some lucky people with heart-shaped butts, that's probably close to tailbone. For people like me (Spongebob Squarehips) it's a few inches below waist and a good many inches above tailbone.

Fiore
April 3rd, 2011, 11:47 AM
My hair is 34,3 inches long, so that it looks half way between waist and hip. But it needs a trim :(

constancev18
April 3rd, 2011, 06:36 PM
I'd like to join. My longest layer is a little beyond WL (my avatar/sig pic was taken in Dec). I usually grow b/w .25-.33 a month so if I trim an inch/two in the next yr I'll probably make HL in mid-late 2012.

Eire
April 3rd, 2011, 06:54 PM
I hit waist several months ago (it grew ridiculously fast), but don't feel like I've progressed much. My hair's kind of at a standstill, even though I've been wearing it up nearly every day. *shrug*

long&blonde
April 3rd, 2011, 08:28 PM
Count me in! Wish I could post photos but my computer is my cellphone, my camera is also my cellphone, & the camera on this particular phone has always been really crumby for me.

Angeldances
April 3rd, 2011, 10:03 PM
Im just past waist, but plan some micro trimming over the next year as its starting to show some damage, looks like I will be here for a while! oh well, im glad to be a waist!

julliams
April 18th, 2011, 07:03 AM
Just bringing this thread back to the surface. I'm certain that I'm going to head for a new goal - hip with a soft U-shape hemline - no layers. I'm hoping to reach this by my 40th birthday which is 2 years away so it's pretty doable. At the moment I have "just past waist" length with "just past BSL" layers.

lapushka
April 18th, 2011, 01:49 PM
And I thought BSL to WL was bad... :o

Ever since hitting WL, I don't seem to be making any progress towards hip whatsoever. I hit WL at the beginning of this year. Some damage had to be cut off but that's not even an inch, or, just about. I'm just a little itty bitty past WL right now. It's like it just hangs there, refusing to grow.

zaramamma
April 18th, 2011, 04:22 PM
I am at waist and am aiming for the tailbone length I had right before having my hair styled with a bunch of layers last Summer :(

Freyariane
April 21st, 2011, 03:42 PM
When wet my hair are exactly (and maybe more) at waist-length. But when dry it seems that they are about 0.4/0.6' to waist!
I can wait to join this topic ^^

NJoy
April 23rd, 2011, 11:10 AM
Count me in. My hair also grew ridiculously fast. I was just above apl at the beginning of last year. I'm at WL now and hoping to hit HL and then start trimming to maintain at HL while growing out these layers.

I took a little hiatus from Jan thru March of this year to take care of my mother during the final stage of cancer. But, I'm hoping to get back on track from here on out.

Here's what I'm working with:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/tonia1c/NJOY.jpg

HintOfMint
April 25th, 2011, 10:36 PM
I have officially hit hip!

But I am trimming my hair tomorrow, so my reaching my goal is short lived. Ah well.

ritza
April 26th, 2011, 07:56 PM
Count me in. My hair also grew ridiculously fast. I was just above apl at the beginning of last year. I'm at WL now and hoping to hit HL and then start trimming to maintain at HL while growing out these layers.

I took a little hiatus from Jan thru March of this year to take care of my mother during the final stage of cancer. But, I'm hoping to get back on track from here on out.

Here's what I'm working with:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v377/tonia1c/NJOY.jpg

Hi! NJoy...Love your hair...Keep growing....

Happy Hair Growing!

lacefrost
June 1st, 2011, 10:00 AM
I just wanted to peak in and say good luck to everyone! I'm not here yet but I hope to be in a few months!

NJoy
June 1st, 2011, 10:27 AM
I have officially hit hip!

But I am trimming my hair tomorrow, so my reaching my goal is short lived. Ah well.

I'm late but, congrats on hitting hip! :joy: How much did you end up trimming off?

And, thanks, Ritza!! :face:

Kristamommyx3
June 1st, 2011, 10:38 AM
Thanks for posting this!

jojo
June 1st, 2011, 12:38 PM
Count me in, I am presently just past waist and my next mini goal is hip length. Ive been spreading trims out or trying to.
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l283/joanna_eglin/lengthmay23.jpg
taken last week, not too happy with my ends but no trims until August! my fingers are indicating tippy top of hips. I am hoping to get to hip by christmas.

NJoy
June 30th, 2011, 08:23 AM
Wow Jojo! You're an eye blink away. Congrats. :cheese:

Thought I'd check in. It's sorta quiet in here. How's everyone doing?

Schipperchow
July 4th, 2011, 06:18 AM
I gave myself a much needed trim yesterday and am now MBL. I don't plan on anymore trims this year so hope I can reach HL by the end of the year.

schweedie
July 4th, 2011, 06:41 AM
I suppose this is where I belong now, too! :waving: I had a trim today and had almost an inch taken off, but I think I still qualify as waist length.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=6095&pictureid=106969

Hoping to reach hip-ish length in a year or so.

jojo, you should definitely be at hip by Christmas!

beccababesx
July 4th, 2011, 07:59 AM
Just popping in to say everyone has such beautiful hair! Can't wait to join you in mid September :D

QueenJoey
July 4th, 2011, 08:15 AM
Great thread! I'm still waiting for more of my hair to get to waist. Can I still join you even if only a few of my strands are at waist? Once I get more hair into waist "zone" it's straight onto hip!

Amelia
July 12th, 2011, 04:50 AM
I found out yesterday that I'm waist!!:cheese: (it deserves a dancing cheese)

It took much less than i thought. i thought that maybe at Christmas I would be waist, and yesterday I found out I'm 1,5cm over waist!! I'm soooo happy!

Curiously enough i still don't feel i have long hair lol The damn thing curls so much that i look APL :rolleyes: Maybe by the end of the year I can be at waist with the curls.

Theobroma
July 12th, 2011, 05:57 AM
I discovered the other day that my very ends are juuuust touching hip when stretched! Hoping to be at hip curly by the end of the year at this rate!

constancev18
July 23rd, 2011, 09:07 AM
I discovered the other day that my very ends are juuuust touching hip when stretched! Hoping to be at hip curly by the end of the year at this rate!

Congratulations!

Raqdoll
July 24th, 2011, 05:10 PM
My hair is curled in this pic but I think I'm finally at waist (I know I am when my hair is wet) I'm so looking forward to tailbone! I can't believe I was contemplating cutting off to shoulders yesterday.

http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f200/jenndances/Hair%20journal/th_foamcurlersbig.jpg (http://s47.photobucket.com/albums/f200/jenndances/Hair%20journal/?action=view&current=foamcurlersbig.jpg)

Yame
July 24th, 2011, 06:30 PM
My hair has been just a tad beyond WL for a few years. I'd been happy with the length this whole time, but now I want more!

So here I am, checking in on the Waist to Hip thread.

This is my current length (it's a photo from 2-3 years ago, but I've been maintaining the length instead of growing it out or cutting it shorter)
http://i56.tinypic.com/2ppefs3.jpg

McFearless
July 24th, 2011, 07:14 PM
My hair has been just a tad beyond WL for a few years. I'd been happy with the length this whole time, but now I want more!

So here I am, checking in on the Waist to Hip thread.

This is my current length (it's a photo from 2-3 years ago, but I've been maintaining the length instead of growing it out or cutting it shorter)
http://i56.tinypic.com/2ppefs3.jpg
It looks like hip length to me, and very pretty :)

SoulOfTheSea
July 24th, 2011, 08:08 PM
This is the perfect thread for me! (I'm like half a centimeter away from waist O: ) I shall definitely be in touch on this thread! ^_^

gthlvrmx
July 24th, 2011, 08:16 PM
I will join you all shortly!

gracenotes
July 24th, 2011, 11:35 PM
I think I belong in this thread now!! I thought I was in a stall at MBL for a while, but apparently not!
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/picture.php?albumid=8323&pictureid=108682
(Hands are at waist).

Luckily there's not tooo long until hip for me, since I'm quite short!

So hello!

SoulOfTheSea
July 24th, 2011, 11:40 PM
gracenotes your hair is gorgeous!!!!! :)

gracenotes
July 24th, 2011, 11:45 PM
gracenotes your hair is gorgeous!!!!! :)

Thank you!! :cheese:

MissManda
July 25th, 2011, 12:12 AM
Why haven't I joined this thread yet? I've joined the Waist to TB thread, but I've been waiting to get to Hip for such a long time now that it will be a nice milestone between the two. I am nearly three inches past waist and I have about two more inches to go before I get to hip at around 31". I'll probably be there by the end of this summer and I'm so excited!

I've spent about a year in the lower back abyss because I've been trimming to thicken up my ends and get rid of layers. Now that I am completely happy with my ends, it's time to grow, grow, grow to the top of my jeans! :cheese:

I still have some layering, but it's behaving pretty well, so I'm not too frustrated with it at the moment. I will not do any more big trims until I get an inch or so past Hip because I want a longer length. Until then, I'm only doing tiny dustings to get rid of the bad ends, but in much smaller amounts so it does not take away from my length.

julliams
July 25th, 2011, 12:22 AM
...it's time to grow, grow, grow to the top of my jeans! :cheese:
I still have some layering, but it's behaving pretty well, so I'm not too frustrated with it at the moment. I will not do any more big trims until I get an inch or so past Hip because I want a longer length. Until then, I'm only doing tiny dustings to get rid of the bad ends, but in much smaller amounts so it does not take away from my length.

This is me exactly. Exactly!

Sundial
July 25th, 2011, 01:01 AM

Me too! I'm getting tired of trimming my ends just to get them to catch up with my layers even though there's absolutely nothing wrong with my ends. So I decided to forget about it and continue with growing, only trimming the layers when needed. I've been living with the layers all this time anyway, and it isn't as if they layers will disappear within the next year of regular trimming :(

kelly-j
July 25th, 2011, 06:34 AM
I´d like to join this group too. My hair is just past waist but I think I´ve hit a stall because my hair just doesn´t seem to grow anymore. I really hope to get to hip by the end of this year. But at this growth rate I doubt it´s possible.
You can watch my most recent length in my album.

schweedie
September 26th, 2011, 09:19 AM
How are all you waist-to hip-ers doing? I got a trim today, but my hairdresser said she only had to take off about a centimeter, so yay! Pictures pre- and post trim:

http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k626/growingmyhair/SAM_3066.jpg http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k626/growingmyhair/SAM_3099.jpg

Down towards hip we go!

Kome
September 26th, 2011, 11:45 AM
This is actually from last month. I think I joined this group a little while ago, but I'm not sure if I posted in it or not. Anyways, here is my picture from a month ago. :)

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b367/kome/SAM_4253.jpg

I'm thinking by Christmas I should JUST be hitting hip length. Trying to keep it up more and keep it oiled good. The summer is hard on it with all of the swimming I do.

blackcatw81
September 26th, 2011, 11:47 AM
Hi! New hipster here!! ^________^

HB is my goal-lenght, but I'm thinking of reaching tailbone or classic lenght, depending on how I can manage it :)

For the pic, please wait till tomorrow or wednesday ;)

XOXO

xovictoryxo
September 26th, 2011, 12:09 PM
Ok I live here. I am babying my ends from now on!! :)

eshta
September 26th, 2011, 01:13 PM
Schweedie, your hairdresser did a great job. Nice hemline and you can hardly tell it's been trimmed lengthwise.

I just reached waist this month and "graduated" to the next thread up. In a search I only found the waist to tailbone thread, but I guess this thread would be more appropriate as my goal (36") is hip length on me. 4 inches to go, without trims or growth spurts I should be there in Spring 2012.

schweedie
September 26th, 2011, 02:47 PM
Eshta, thank you. :) My hairdresser is great, she knows I'm growing it out and never takes off more than necessary. I was really pleased with the result, I like the hemline and my ends feel so much better - regular trims (about every twelve weeks) is definitely the way to go for me. I've found that I gain more length in the long run that way; if I go longer I usually have to get more cut off.

Amber_Maiden
November 1st, 2011, 04:49 PM
Hi new here! My goal is hip by next November. I started a thread for those who want to be at hip by next Nov as well, if you care to join me :)

gattina
November 16th, 2011, 04:37 PM
Hi I'm jumping the gun a little I'm .25 away from full waist of 31 inches. I am planning to no-trim to hip by June 2012 =34. :) But I want to reach 34.5 so I can trim back half an inch in June.

Anyway my really fine wavy hair is amazed and grateful that I can join this thread!

PriscillaCherel
November 17th, 2011, 04:32 AM
I want to be a hipster:D! And then tailboner. But first the Hipster!

Stessie
November 17th, 2011, 11:01 AM
Hi new here! My goal is hip by next November. I started a thread for those who want to be at hip by next Nov as well, if you care to join me :)

Ooh!! Where's this thread? I'd like to join!! lollz :P

Amber_Maiden
November 17th, 2011, 11:23 AM
Here you go!:
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=81215&highlight=Waist+November+2012

layla<33
November 18th, 2011, 01:31 PM
sooo im gonna half join this thread already :) im almost at waist but a want to go ahead and have one foot in if you ladys and gents dont mind :D