PDA

View Full Version : One Yearish at LHC

suziwon
December 26th, 2008, 12:47 AM
While my user info says that I joined late October of 2007, my photo collection on my hard drive says that I didn't take my first length shot until 12/11/07:

http://www.suziwon.com/wp-content/images/dec07length.jpg

As such, I figured that I'd wait until a full year had passed to take a new length shot. It ended up being more like a year and two weeks, but I doubt the two weeks will make that much of a difference:

http://www.suziwon.com/wp-content/images/dec08length.jpg
(my hair is not quite dry yet)

I'm more of a lurker than a poster, but I must say that I really appreciate the wealth of knowledge that's available here, as this is about the length where I usually get frustrated/disgusted/annoyed with my hair and cut back to shoulder length. However, courtesy of the things that I've learned here, I'm actually very happy with my hair for a change!

Thank you so very much to everyone here for that!:joy:

Trial and error has led to the following for my routine: C-W-C with cone free shampoo and conditioner. Funny thing about the no cones is that for the longest time I thought my hair was indifferent to them, and have since learned otherwise. I use a leave to help with the dryness and frizz that traditionally lead me to cut. Oh, and I've been able to stretch to washing every third day. I'd try to go farther, but my scalp tends to freak out, and Nizoral is VERY drying on my hair.

I'm also trying to do a better job of embracing my natural hair texture, so I found some products that help my hair hold it's natural wave. Now if I could just convince myself that it's not really that much more work to distribute the product through my hair, it would look like this more often:

http://www.suziwon.com/wp-content/images/waves.jpg

Actually, it would probably look a little nicer than that, as I've noticed that when I leave it to dry like this more often, the wave
pattern is different/better.

My current dilemma/issue is that it's finally gotten cold enough this winter that my routine isn't moisturizing enough, and switching to a heavier conditioner isn't solving the problem either. So, I'll be taking advantage of having an extended weekend to do an SMT and/or heavy oiling prior to my next wash...

Here's to trying to lurk less in the coming year!

RoseRedDead
December 26th, 2008, 12:56 AM
Congratulations! Your hair is lovely. :flowers:

lilalong
December 26th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Beautiful! Especially the wavy picture!

Ryanne
December 26th, 2008, 02:13 AM
Very pretty, both straight hair and wavy!

Dreamernz
December 26th, 2008, 02:55 AM
Very pretty, welldone on your progress!!! :D:D:D

suziwon
December 26th, 2008, 06:58 AM
Thanks for the compliments!

:grouphug:

Elphie
December 26th, 2008, 07:06 AM
It looks beautiful and healthy both ways, nice amount of growth, too!

Chrissy
December 26th, 2008, 07:08 AM
I like your hair better with it's natural waves than straight. It's so pretty!!! Congrats on 1 year.

LutraLutra
December 26th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Happy One Yearish :toast: Your hair looks lovely.

kam984420
December 26th, 2008, 09:27 AM
Congrats on 1 Year. And congrats on your new growth!

Nic's
December 26th, 2008, 09:35 AM
Wow, Congratulations. I love your U shape at the back. It looks great.

lapushka
December 26th, 2008, 09:49 AM
Great progress, congrats!

Jessikinz
December 26th, 2008, 09:53 AM
You have some pretty good growth from one year! And it sure does show. Your hair looks healthy, and beautiful. Keep doing what your doing, your hair is in great shape.

mjm4
December 26th, 2008, 10:01 AM
oh wow!!! bless, look at the extra shine/healthiness/beauty in ur hair, esp (i know everyone says this) the wavy pic :happydance:
inspirational, and i love your fairytale-endings xXx

LaurelSpring
December 26th, 2008, 10:16 AM
Congratulations! I love the waves. The middle picture would be almost an exact replica of what mine looks like right now.

suziwon
December 26th, 2008, 02:33 PM
:o

Aww. Thanks for the kind words everyone!

I hear how pretty the waves look regularly when I wear my hair wavy, which is why I'm trying to figure out a way to motivate myself to wear my hair like that more often...

Thanks again for the kind words! :bounce:

butterflykisses
December 26th, 2008, 06:22 PM
Nice! alot of growth!

Elainehali
December 26th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Congrats on the one year hair-iversary!

About your dry hair issue: Have you tried shea butter? It's pretty good at keeping moisture in.

suicides_eve
December 26th, 2008, 07:15 PM
it looks so pretty and has grown quite a bit. congrats

Mike
December 26th, 2008, 07:18 PM
Wow, that has to be 8 inches of growth. Congrats.

viking_quest
December 26th, 2008, 08:51 PM
Yay, another Las Vegan here.

You have beautiful hair and the curls are amazing. Good job on the progress.

Henitsirk
December 27th, 2008, 09:43 PM
Your waves are beautiful! Happy LHC birthday.

kelsoberry
December 28th, 2008, 07:21 PM
I love reading about these milestones, they're inspirational and its fun to see growth in pictures on a time line. Did you trim or measure at all?

suziwon
December 28th, 2008, 07:59 PM
I love reading about these milestones, they're inspirational and its fun to see growth in pictures on a time line. Did you trim or measure at all?

There was some trimming, but only 1/4" to 1/2" and not very often. I mainly kept the split ends under control via S&D.

As for measuring, when I first started, I was going to measure regularly. However, it wasn't long before I realized that I'd be obsessing over how long it's taking to get to my goal more than I already am.

suziwon
December 28th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Wow, that has to be 8 inches of growth. Congrats.

Actually, it's only about 4" of growth according to a quick measuring.

The appearance of there being more growth than that is due to my stellar cropping skills. :D

Bucatini
December 28th, 2008, 08:14 PM
GORGEOUS and congrats on your growth. It looks really healthy and thick. By the way, your waves are tight right up at the scalp. I think when blown straight you are probably 1c but natural I'd type you as at least 2b or 2c. Just my two cents.

I've noticed that when I leave it to dry like this more often, the wave pattern is different/better.
I always looked at this from the opposite side- that is, when I blowfry my waves straight, the pattern comes out different/worse after the next few washes as if in retaliation. One of life's unexplained phenomena, and you're the first time in my reading here that I've seen a comment on this. Though I always notice it in my own hair and wonder how it happens, and why.

Michou
December 28th, 2008, 10:51 PM
Your hair is so lovely! Congratulations on the LHC anniversary, I hope to see similar progress from my hair. :)