PDA

View Full Version : Hi from MO

mommabuck
March 25th, 2008, 08:31 PM
Hi, my name is Brenda and I live in Misery.. um.. I mean Missouri!

Just general looking today about hair online and found this site. Right now my hair is butt length, as it's been many times in the past and I always end up cutting it off but I would like to keep it long this time. 9 months with first child, cut it off to chin length, 8 months with 2nd, cut to chin length, same with the next two. Last serious cut was 5 years ago. Above the ears. Now it's reached the length where if I dont' braid or pony tail it gets in the way. Hoping once there's more length, that may stop, sort of like when short hair starts to grow out, when it's at the point it's in my eyes yet too short to tuck behind the ears??

My problem is, my hair is extremely fine and grows very fast. I have lots of hair but you sure can't tell! I have never dyed or highlighted, had two perms in my life, do not blow dry or use the curling iron. My hair is healthy but so so fine. I wash every two to three days, and hairstyle of choice is a braid. With it being so fine, I may as well be bald because it's like my hair is painted on. I've tried since I was 18 to find something that would add body but all seem to involve expensive shampoos or conditioners or involved blow drying or curling iron. I am not the type to "mess" with my hair. I get up, wash if necessary, then comb and brush out, and when dry, it goes in a braid or ponytail. My one must have is a leave in spray on conditioner.

Just going to be nice to talk to others with long hair and who aren't going to try to convince me that a nice short bob would look good on me lol

HappyHaley
March 26th, 2008, 06:01 PM
Welcome Brenda! I too live in Misery. I'm originally from Texas and Missouri really is Misery to me! :-) Hope to see you around!

~Haley

gothpoptart
March 26th, 2008, 07:54 PM
Hello from another Missourian! ;)

GrowAlready
March 27th, 2008, 07:21 AM
Hello from another Missourian!

justgreen
March 27th, 2008, 07:40 AM
Not from Missouri, but welcome to the boards anyway!

zift
March 27th, 2008, 06:48 PM
Hello and welcome to LHC! :flowers:

jennydaesy
March 31st, 2008, 08:15 PM
i kinda like misery.. even though there is floods n snows n tornadoes