PDA

View Full Version : I am basically new and some things about me

ursusem
December 24th, 2008, 05:04 PM
I decided that I would upload a picture (that I took today) of my hair showing how it currently is. I am interested in hearing everyone's opinions that they have about my hair.

I took this picture around 4:30 this evening. I washed my hair last night. I didn't comb my hair very much last night before I took my shower, but I did somewhat comb it then (mainly finger combing). I did a CWC wash (I have known about this site for a while I just haven't had time to spend time on it) with Tresemme moisture rich shampoo and Tresemme moisture rich conditioner. Then I let my hair air dry while I went to bed on a silk pillow that has not been washed in forever; I sleep by pulling my hair up over the pillow so that it is out of the way. Today I woke up and had my hair down all day- I have been touching it quite a bit today throughout the day.

And then I just took this picture around 4:30 tonight.

http://i488.photobucket.com/albums/rr244/ursusem/EmilyDec08.jpg

Ohio Sky
December 24th, 2008, 05:21 PM
You have some of the loveliest fairy tale ends I've ever seen, and I love the shine! Beautiful. Whatever you're doing must be working for you!

neon-dream
December 24th, 2008, 05:33 PM
That's beautiful :).
Your routine clearly works for you!!
:blossom:

frizzinator
December 24th, 2008, 05:40 PM
Gorgeous hair!

spidermom
December 24th, 2008, 05:42 PM
I'm not sure we can teach you anything about growing gorgeous hair; you're already there!

30isthenewblack
December 24th, 2008, 05:45 PM
Beautiful hair! Have you reached your goal length and maintaining your hair or are you planning to grow it longer?

coppercurls
December 24th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Wow! Whatever you have been doing is working!:)

SHELIAANN1969
December 24th, 2008, 09:07 PM
Oh my, wow, your hair is awesome!:thudpile:

Melisande
December 24th, 2008, 09:37 PM
Very lovely hair. It looks thoroughly happy. How long did it take you to grow that length? For how long didn't you get a trim? You fairytale ends are a picturebook illustration of how fairytales should look :)

Oh, and I'm sure you can do beautiful updos with this length. Did you see CinnamonHair (http://classiclength.googlepages.com/updos16.html)'s website for examples? Instructions for all styles are here (http://hairstyledictionary.ztn.net/filter.php?ax=o). Anything is possible with that length.

Darkhorse1
December 24th, 2008, 10:03 PM
Gorgeous hair! WOW! Share your secrets :)

MandaMom2Three
December 24th, 2008, 10:40 PM
Very pretty :)

AutumnSky
December 24th, 2008, 10:41 PM
Absolutely lovely...your routine obvioulsy works very, very well for you! I might have to give Tresemme another shot after this...they've been on my "bad " list lately....but if you're getting results like this, then they can't be all bad!

sahiba
December 24th, 2008, 11:00 PM
Love your hair. Its gorgeous.

Aditi
December 24th, 2008, 11:37 PM
Beautiful hair and FAIRY tale ends. I hope you will maintain them through out.

Arctic_Mama
December 24th, 2008, 11:54 PM
Looks great! Don't change anything if you're not unhappy with the results. I don't see any visible damage, so your hair obviously likes your routine :)

Johanna64
December 25th, 2008, 03:07 AM
Wow,your hair is so beautiful!
I love it :crush:

Midnightluna
December 25th, 2008, 03:55 AM
Very pretty hair, I love the curls near the ends.:)

Ryanne
December 25th, 2008, 03:59 AM
Gorgeous hair!

Chrissy
December 25th, 2008, 04:38 AM
OK I'll chime in....your hair is beautiful. It seems what you are doing works for you. Thanks for sharing.

Dreamernz
December 25th, 2008, 08:23 AM
Wow that is beautiful hair!!! :D:D:D

Stagecoach
December 25th, 2008, 10:01 AM
Beautiful hair! It looks like your routine is working just fine.

RavennaNight
December 25th, 2008, 10:15 AM
Very Pretty! I love how the fairytale ends curl at the bottom!

Speckla
December 25th, 2008, 10:22 AM
You look to have thin hair with fine/medium thickness and 2a hair. Very pretty. You don't look to need any help.
________
Buy vaporizers (http://vaporshop.com)

Sissy
December 25th, 2008, 11:24 AM
I love your length and color, keep up the good routine.

jojo
December 25th, 2008, 11:36 AM
another vote for 2a, i/ii thickness and tb to classic length and its very pretty too!

dalriada-lady
December 25th, 2008, 09:29 PM
Beautiful hair, lovely faery tale ends and such shine. just lovely.

I'm also new here and love to learn new things to care for my hair so it will grow long and strong and healthy.

ursusem
December 29th, 2008, 02:50 PM
Well thanks everyone for the replies. But I do feel like I may be having some issues. The biggest one currently being that I am scared to death upon the thought of combing my hair! Recently it has just seemed like my hair has been sort of matted and very tangled. Like, it takes me HOURS to separate my individual hairs from the other hairs surrounding each strand. I am unable to comb it all out and my hair is suffering. What could be the problem and how should I go about fixing it?

I thought I should probably explain this issue I'm having in this thread- that shows a recent picture of my hair anyway.

DragonLady
December 29th, 2008, 04:00 PM
Like, it takes me HOURS to separate my individual hairs from the other hairs surrounding each strand.

Do you have a lot of split ends? My hair gets matted and nasty if I don't cut out the split ends. I used to have a hair cut every time it did that, 'till I came here and learned about S&D. Now, I do that at least twice a week, and my ends almost never get snarled anymore.

Lady Verity
December 29th, 2008, 04:01 PM
Good lord, that is some good hair! :eek: I can only dream of mine being so long!

Anje
December 29th, 2008, 04:23 PM
I would guess that the products you're using have built up, which can cause some nasty tangles. Try using a clarifying shampoo on all your hair, down to the ends, and follow with some serious conditioning (even a good long soak in your normal conditioner), and see if that fixes the tangliness. Suave, VO5, and Nexxus are all supposed to make good clarifying shampoos.

squiggyflop
December 29th, 2008, 06:11 PM
You have some of the loveliest fairy tale ends I've ever seen,
my thoughts exactly..:)

viking_quest
December 29th, 2008, 06:15 PM
Your ends are amazing. I pretty much agree with everybody saying your hair is gorgeous and your hair care routine is working really well for you.

boomygrrl
December 29th, 2008, 06:17 PM
Try combing (not brushing) your hair in the shower when you have conditioner in it. Then when your hair is dry, you could finger comb your hair.

Addy
December 29th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Your hair is gorgeous! :D

Xandergrammy
December 29th, 2008, 07:05 PM
Your hair is so beautiful!

Pierre
December 29th, 2008, 09:31 PM
How wide are the teeth in your comb? Mine are 4 mm center-to-center, and there are wider ones. The way I use it is, I comb in the shower, and where the comb stops, I separate the hairs with my fingers.

Redheaded Raven
December 29th, 2008, 09:53 PM
Your hair looks alot like mine, fine and wavy/curly. I would say you are in need of an s&d and an oiling of ends. Don't oil too much but that has helped me when I had issues with grabbing. I just cut off 16 inches because they drove me to distraction with the grabbing. No more issues..... But I miss the hair being classic.... I am working on thickening my hair now so will probably keep at tailbone for awhile. good luck.